● Welcome to the Forest ● [ Multiverse | Accepting ]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ● Welcome to the Forest ● [ Multiverse | Accepting ]

Postby antlerflax » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:51 am

Humdrum / Male / Antlered Grizzly / The Freshwaters / No tags

Humdrum opened his big black eyes. The sunlight was warm on his face, and he brought forth a great rumble from his throat as he opened his jaws and yawned. He was still drowsy, and a grass frond tickled his nose, lulling him back to sleep. The running water trickling over the rocks was so calming, too, and if he could just remember the dream he was having... Humdrum sighed and closed his eyes.
Wait.
Water?
Humdrum sat bolt upright, looking around. There was no one in sight, but neither was his cave. The sun overhead was in a foreign sky, and he was lying by a large freshwater pond in a land that wasn't his own. He smacked his lips in thought, examining the landscape. How he had come to be here, he had no idea, but he thought that sitting around in the sun was perhaps not the best way to find out. He got to his feet, scratching at a rock with a claw and lifting the dust that crumbled off up to his nose. He took a sniff. Slate. Interesting. Looking around, Humdrum saw a large tree in the distance, so noticeable because it was towering above the others. If anything, he'd be able to see more if he climbed it. So he set off in its direction.

{We sensed a gathering thunderstorm & yet a little song began in our heart.}
antlerflax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:10 am

DarkSpirit
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    Gender;; male | Rank;; newcomer | Scent;; crushed grass, timber | Words;; 213 | Tagged;; laine, gamemaker |
    xxxAs the dog below him approached his hiding spot his tail flicked with irritation. 'Drat' he thought to himself and hissed lowly. He stood up moving to weave his way through the branches to flee only stalling when he made out the collie speaking. He cast a glance back at the collie and was struck with a vision the moment his eyes connected with hers. It stung his sides as it hit his mind with startling clarity. Before him stood a two-leg, chuckling at a feeling of shock he felt emanating from his body. As the vision faded so did his strength and after teetering on the branch he plummeted to the ground landing with a thud. For a moment he panicked, moving his body desperate to get up to safety but the aches made him pause and wait. If he had to interpret the vision in a hurry he'd say that the collie's owner would show up at any moment and help him, or maybe several days from now he would be alive and well enough to see the two-leg from his vision. He held his breath, either way if the vision was to be true, it would mean he lived past his encounter with the two creatures that were near him.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soulsplosion » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:14 am

Gamemaker
Ferret-Dragon

Tags:
Laine, Darkspirit
- > "Hm, that's weird, the same to you." He replied, but then the dog(?) seemed to notice something more interesting than him. V did not react, and the flying masked bundle of origami continued to orbit the large ferret-creature as if preoccupied with its own games.
- > He picked up his paws into the air and easily entered levitation again, with only the sound of his tail whisking away the grass at his feet before he brought it with him overhead. He didn't want to make any sounds, lest it interrupt whatever Laine was listening and/or looking for, and so he'd remain in the air with his tail and tiny arms tucked near him as he followed her. He had nothing better to do until he could figure out where he was, and keeping with these strangers would probably help him answer this question better than anything else he could think of.
- > "It's a cat!" He remarked optimistically upon noticing Darkspirit, and for a moment he seemed like he was about to approach the cat happily, but then decided to remain a safe distance away when he noticed how 'unfriendly' it seemed to be acting. He realized he didn't actually know whether or not they spoke. Instead, he remained shyly behind Laine, and landed on the ground again where he returned to wrapping his tail around his paws. V chittered once, seemed to notice Darkspirit for a moment, and then returned to circling Maker.
Soulsplosion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaliopi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:52 am

caserotinous wrote:
    nicodeme xavier devereaux | 23 | phoenix | the beach | tags: open
"eugh, fuzz, leave me alone, we'll go out in a bit.." he pleaded, gently pushing away his furry friend. "jeez, what's gotten into y-" he suddenly opened his eyes and sat up, realizing that he isn't in his home or his comfortable bed. "what in the name of..." he whispered, looking around for any signs that might help him figure out where he is or what has happened.

"hey there, buddy, c'mere," picking up the ferret, he slowly stood up, and proceeded to walk a few feet forward, towards the sound of water. he kept his guard up, unsure of whether there was anyone that might pose a threat to him and fuzzykins. he stopped upon reaching the water, looking at it, displeased. "of course there's water. there just has to be water." he scoffed, shaking his head lightly. he looked up at the sky, marveling at the fact that the sun's out and that at least it isn't raining.

nico propped fuzzy on his shoulder, stretching out his arms and yawning. he unfolded his wings, noticing a slight discomfort in the left one, but figuring it must just be from the way he was laying on the hard ground.

"guess it's time for a new adventure, huh?" he smiled at the small creature and proceeded to fly up into the air, enjoying the slight wind against his face. he still stayed pretty close to the ground, not wanting to miss out on anything important. he ventured off into a random direction, hoping to find something or someone.
Last edited by kaliopi on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaliopi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antlerflax » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:45 am

Humdrum / Male / Antlered Grizzly / Leaving the Freshwaters / Tags: Nico

As Humdrum made his way in the general direction of the big tree, he heard a strange sound, like the flapping of wings. He looked up and started as he saw a streak of golden yellow, like an arc of fire across the sky, soar overhead. Not knowing whether or not the creature was hostile, he broke into a lope and tried his best to stay in the shadows of the few trees dotted around the landscape, dodging through what little undergrowth there was. But it suddenly dawned on him that perhaps that wouldn't be enough to avoid the keen eyesight of... Was that a phoenix?

antlerflax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starshine, » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:17 am

LAINE
      name. laine gender. feminine age. 17 species. shapeshifter crush. n/a tagged. gamemaker, darkspirit

laine nodded to the ferret, "it is a cat!" her ears pinned to her head as the cat fell from the branch he was slinking on, she raced over to it and immediately pawed it a little. her first instinct was to help it, but maybe it would feel more comfortable around another cat. she transformed into a slim grey tabby female and glanced at the cat, "are you ok?" she asked, her gaze softening.

CRESCENT
      name. crescent gender. masculine age. young adult species. stormcutter crush. n/a tagged. open

he is open, sitting in his smol tree.
starshine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaliopi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:06 am

nicodeme xavier devereaux | 23 | phoenix | heading towards the big tree | tags: humdrum
'ah, just like back home', nico thought to himself. although his actual home was a large mansion with all the possible commodities you could think of, it was nestled dead-center in the middle of a large forest, which was in turn surrounded with a few lakes and rivers. flying above trees and running water was nothing new for nico, and even less so for fuzzykins - the little rascal explored forests more than anyone ever did (probably). however, looking down upon it all, nico felt a twinge of sadness and concern. will he ever see his home again? his parents? he was never the one to panic or worry, as he tried to turn every situation into something positive, but at this very moment he couldn't help but be unsettled. especially upon seeing how vast and seemingly never-ending this... world is.

his thoughts had been abruptly interrupted, when he noticed some movement down on the ground. he couldn't tell what it was exactly, for it was moving way too fast, even for his keen eye. suddenly excited about the possibility of meeting someone else and hopefully finding out what's going on, he swiftly landed onto the ground, near the area of where he last saw the commotion. "what do you say, fuzz? a friend, perhaps?" the ferret gently nuzzled against nico's head, looking for protection.

never the one to be super sneaky or quiet, he let his wings fall and settle down, before clearing his throat and calling out. "hello? is anyone there?" he looked around, listening for any odd noises. "isn't that what they always shout in horror movies before they die?" he spoke to his ferret, suddenly realizing that yelling out might not have been the wisest option. still, he waited patiently for any sort of a reply.
Last edited by kaliopi on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaliopi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby antlerflax » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Humdrum / Male / Antlered Grizzly / Leaving the Freshwaters / Tags: Nico

Humdrum tensed as the creature suddenly started to descend. Had it spotted him after all? He lay flat on his stomach and crawled the rest of the way into the undergrowth, turning as he did so that he was facing the thing. It landed gracefully and, to Humdrum's surprise, called out.
Humdrum steeled himself and stood, first rising to all fours and then standing on his powerful hind legs, puffing out his chest. Best to put on a show of courage in case this was a trap. But now he could see the creature properly, he noticed a small bundle of fur nuzzling near its neck. It didn't look like a catch, so... it must be a companion of some sort!
Since the signs were pointing to anything other than hostile, Humdrum spoke: "Greetings, friend, if that is indeed your intention. What manner of creature are you?"

antlerflax

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:18 pm

DarkSpirit
    Gender;; male | Rank;; newcomer | Scent;; crushed grass, timber | Words;; 113 | Tagged;; laine, gamemaker | Location;; near random creek |
    xxxHe raised his back as he was approached by the giant ferret, eyes cast onto the mysterious creature. He was that preoccupied with the larger threat that he missed Laine's transformation. Upon hearing her speak regarding his health his eyes flew back to her. Immediately struck by the she-cat's beauty he blinked repeatedly like a deer stuck in headlights. "Yes I'm fine," he said rather calmly given the situation. "My name is DarkSpirit... Who are you?" he asked, eyes shining with admiration at the pretty she-cat that stood in front of him. As an offhand comment he also added, "And what is that?" His tone was a bit harsh as he referenced Maker.
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaliopi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:06 pm

nicodeme xavier devereaux | 23 | phoenix | heading towards the big tree | tags: humdrum
nico's face lit up as he saw that, yes, indeed, this was another being! he looked at the figure in front of him quizzically - it most certainly looked like a bear, but it also had.. antlers? nico was sure he had never seen this type of a creature before, but this only meant that he was now able to meet them and hopefully find out more about them and their kind.

when the figure spoke up, nico noticed that they were very articulate and eloquent. he suddenly felt intimidated and inferior. but still, he put on a brave and friendly face, and stepped closer to the being.

"hello! i'm a phoenix. name's nico, by the way. well, nicodeme xavier devereaux, but.. nico for short." he chuckled. "and yes, my intentions are nothing but friendly." he glanced over to his small friend, then back at the bear. "oh! and this is fuzzykins. she's, well.. a ferret. a great one at that!" nico said, patting fuzz on the head.

"um, do you by any chance live here or something? i sort of have.. absolutely no memory or even the faintest idea of how i got here." nico admitted, hoping that this doesn't make him him easy prey or something alike.
kaliopi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me