Mods, please lock or delete. Thank you.

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: It's a Zoo Out There (Now open and accepting)

Postby sugarbird » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:30 pm

Velvet I ♀ I Red panda I Red panda Enclosure I Tags: Orion

Velvet was in a deep sleep in the hut until she was jolted awake at the sound of a boom on the roof. She looked up in fear and confusion before looking back at the entrance. Orion was there. Her eyes squinted and she glared daggers at him. "Orion! What the heck were you doing up there!?" She got over her anger quickly and her glare softened. She shook her head and rubbed her eyes groggily. "Ugh. Look, don't do that again. You.. you could've gotten yourself hurt. Did you fall? Anything broken?"

(That's okay. Lucky you, I started school two weeks ago.)
----------𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃
----------𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗

adult - oct.18 - isfp-t - creature
───────────────────────
Hi I'm bird. I love dragons and birds
and snakes and games. I enjoy Spyro,
Doom, Rain World, Cult of the Lamb,
and Minecraft to name a few.

Fun fact: you're really cool actually
─────────────────────────
Signature art by Grayson.
Character is mine
best friend <3 -- NOT A RICKROLL

╚═════════════╝

----𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐃
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lexthedestroyer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Orion-Red panda-Red panda enclosure-Tagged: Violet
"I mean, I didn't mean to fall on the roof. Sometimes, you just fall on the roof, yknow? And hey, haven't died yet, have I?" He grinned at her, sitting down outside of the hut. "Have the humans come yet? I'm hungry!"

(I'll post with Val when the other person w/ a tiger is available!)
lexthedestroyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:54 am

"I have no idea. I just woke up." She got up and stretched her body, licking her lips as she did. "Maybe we can wait for them to arrive? I could use some breakfast." Violet walked up to the little window beside her sleeping spot and saw some zookeepers heading their way. "Welp, we don't have to wait too much longer." She sat back down and looked back, only to see Orion gone already. She rolled her eyes and strolled out of her cozy hut into the warm air.
----------𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃
----------𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗

───────────────────────

Character is mine

╚═════════════╝

----𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐃
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lexthedestroyer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 am

Orion-Red panda-Red panda enclosure-Tagged: Violet

Orion had scampered out of the hut before Violet finished speaking. Maybe it was rude, but who cared? The keepers were here! His head had snapped up when the gate clanged open, and he ran over now, scrambling up his favorite tree and shaking the leaves. The keeper today looked up and smiled, and Orion crawled down and waited for his food. "Violet!" he paused to call. "Breakfast!" he waited patiently at the keeper's feet; he wouldn't eat without Violet.
lexthedestroyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:07 am

"Okay, okay!" she called back. She scampered back down towards Orion and looked up at the human. She sat down and waited impatiently. The zookeeper dropped down some food and Orion immediately dug in. She grabbed some fruit and chomped it down as well.
----------𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃
----------𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗

───────────────────────

Character is mine

╚═════════════╝

----𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐃
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:18 am

(I've changed a rule up a bit to make things more fun. Hopefully this change will make this RP more enjoyable.)
----------𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃
----------𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗

───────────────────────

Character is mine

╚═════════════╝

----𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐃
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lexthedestroyer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:24 am

Orion snatched a slice of pear out pf the keeper's hand and settled down at a safe distance to enjoy it. "D'you think they have anything planned for us today?" Sometimes, the keepers would take them out of the enclosure and show them off to the little ones in the zoo, or get doctor's appointments. Orion shuddered as he remembered the last time he left the enclosure with a keeper; he could still feel the little kid yanking on his ears.
lexthedestroyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nuffquaa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:41 am

Alpine|| Female || Wolf || Wolf Enclosure || Tags: Open

Alpine flicked open her eyes and gazed around the large enclosure, snarling in the process. She absolutely hated it here. In fact, how could anyone like this place, she wondered. Animals weren't supposed to be cooped up in a large area for the humans entertainment! I need to be back home, she told herself in her head. Where I can run free. Catch my own food. Not be treated like a queen. With effort, she stretched her muscles and forced herself to get up. Once on all fours, she shook her golden pelt, letting her tongue loll out of her jaws from the morning heat. She soon sat back on her haunches, eyes catching on a couple other wolves on the enclosure. She watched them with interest, but kept her distance, not bothering to barge into their conversation.

Sunny || Female || Gazelle || Gazelle Enclosure || Tags: Open

Sunny ripped a large piece of grass from its' hold, lifting her head and chomping at it in delight. At least the grass here isn't too bad, she told herself, trying her best to stay positive. In all honesty, she didn't really like being here. She was not fond of humans, and always thought they were going to hurt her. She kept her distance from them. Her eyes flickered over to the brightly colored humans, and she stayed in the back of the pen. Hey, at least I'm not with a cheetah, Sunny told herself. Her eyes lit up with thankfulness. She never liked cheetahs. She remembered the story her mom had told her; a cheetah had almost killed her father. She shuddered at this memory. In a way, she was glad the humans had taken her in. There weren't much threats here, at least, what she had seen. She gave her pelt a shake to get rid of these thoughts, then bent down to take another mouthful of grass.

Cadmus || Male || Fox || Fox Enclosure || Tags: Open

Cadmus yawned and fluttered open his eyes at the sound of a human entered his enclosure. He had memorized the sound by heart now, due to his time at this zoo pretty much all his life. He barely hesitated before racing over the the human, stopping at her large brown boots. He gazed up her face with bright yellow eyes, his heart pounding in his chest. The human dropped a piece of juicy, fresh meat right in front of him, and he chowed down. They always know what food fits my mood, don't they? he questioned, licking his chops as he finished up the last scraps of meat. He glanced back up, to see the human was still there. Cadmus trotted over and started rubbing against the human's legs, satisfactory washing over him as she bent down with a single hand to pet him. He sniffed at her hand, the scent of meat flooding his nostrils. He lapped at her hand, tasting a few of the tangy tendrils of leftover food. She giggled slightly, then pet him once again. I love humans, Cadmus told himself. The human pet him one last time, then stood up and trudged out of the enclosure, closing the door behind her. Cadmus let out a little groan of thanks. That meat was delicious.
nuffquaa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sugarbird » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:50 am

"Honestly, I hope not. Those human cubs are rather rough sometimes." She's personally never been touched by a human cub, but she has witnessed what they can do to other animals. She remembered when she saw a snake get pet once during a show, the poor thing nearly got its back broke from so much rough petting. The zookeeper seemed to be telling them to be gentle, but they just kept prodding it with their grubby paws.
----------𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐃
----------𝐈 𝐀𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐃

╔═════════════╗

───────────────────────

Character is mine

╚═════════════╝

----𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐃
sugarbird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ,rain » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:30 am

K A T O O M B A

{ Crush: Open! } { Tagged: Open! } { Female Cheetah }

Katoomba paced the borders of her enclosure, stricken with boredom. She had grown tired of batting a ball around without another. A employee had just left her with some food, but she didn't have much of an appetite at the time. She knew the humans were worried about her, but why couldn't they just leave her alone? She gave a dismissive flick of her ear, finally stopping her anxious trot to lap at the water provided.

A U R U M

{ Crush: Open! } { Tagged: Val } { Lion }

Aurum looked rather magnificent as he stood upon his rock, though it was by far the smallest in the enclosure. He descended from his fond little perch, every muscle enveloped beneath his coat vibrating at each step. He peered through the bars of the terrain,
noticing a peachy colored feline stalk through the tall grass that dotted it. The cat was adorned with stripes, and looked like royalty as she strode around, a sense of pride to her at the way she held her head. He placed his massive paws on the gate, his vivid yellow eyes locked onto her. She looked much more alluring then that of the lionesses, not to bash his own species. Gathering enough courage to speak instead of staring at her dumbly, he parted his jaw, trying his best to sound as glorious as he hoped he looked.
"Greetings! May i ask, what are you?" He said humbly.

A L L E N

{ Crush: Open! } { Tagged: Vanilla } { Male Northern Spotted Owl }

He listened to the words that flew from the mouth in such a smooth way, as if she had been rehearsing. His eyes lit up more so. "I think it's worth the risk. I mean, why should we be punished for wanting to be.. to be.. animals! It's not right that we're pinned up in here. You never see humans locked up right? Nothing against them or anything. Most of them are quite nice actually, but its unfair never the less." He stated with a glint of obstinacy in his large, binocular eyes. He focused back on the wire mesh that surrounded them. He had this resolution to break out of here, and make Vanilla happy. There was nothing more sorrowful then seeing the light disappear from an animals eyes. Yes, he'd get her out of here. He unwrapped his wings, taking off of his perch to grip the netting on the side. He looked for anything that looked worn, searching every inch of the enclosure.

N E I T H

{ Crush: Open! } { Tagged: Arin } { Female Wolf }

A look of confusion plastered on her face, she replied. "I couldn't care less whether you ate before everyone else..
Just.. Whats with the "taking some food then scurrying back to your den" thing?"
Her voice almost portraying her amusement, her tail dangling dully behind her. She supposed this brute thought of this like a pack. Well, who was the Alpha? The human? Hmph. This was no pack, and the human was not an Alpha. A pack wasn't something that was forced to be together. To mesh. A pack knows how to understand. How to communicate. All wolves working together in a orderly fashion. Yes, this could never be a pack, and anyone who thought so was naive. How could he just accept the humans so willingly? So willingly that he'd throw himself into their arms, for them to do as they pleased. And how did the humans expect them to be a family, when they never had the opportunity to hunt, to feel that sort of pride when they took a great beast down. The pride of knowing that they were providing for their family and pack? She huffed, feeling like a misfit around this place. He would never understand.

(( @SugaryErmine, could there be crushes between the same family? Such as lions and tigers, and so on?
Last edited by ,rain on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Hey! I'm Rain! I love to rp so hmu if u wanna 1x1
and I'll tell u my preferences/etc.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Image....Image

,rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups