Cσηqυєяιηg тнє ι∂ιтαяσ∂ ( A Sled Dog RP)- PLEASE DELETE

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

I

Postby ~animallover~ » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:52 pm

| T A I G A |
4 years, male, team dog, tags; Desoto, Takaani

he had no idea whether it was nervousness or a bad stomach bug, but taiga felt as if he was about to lose his
lunch. he was never bred to become a sled dog, yet here he was, waiting at the starting line for one of the biggest
races on earth. he was barely finished his complete training, being only in his new home for a little over a year,
and although he had been on a few races before, nothing compared to what he was about to experience. the nervous
male was honored to be in front of the starting line for the Iditarod, yet his teammates were focused on making it
to the end first, and he was deathly afraid that he would ruin that for his team. you'll be fine, taiga. your lack of stamina
hasn't been a problem yet. you'll be fine in the middle.
and that may have been true if he believed in himself but
he still worried selfishly for the sake of the team. this race was about to be one of the largest and most tiring races he
would ever run. and if he wasn't careful and didn't perform well, it could very well be his last.

coming back to reality, the sled dog looked around at his team. comanche was lying in the snow with dakota. she
seemed a bit stressed, which was understandable, taiga was too. dakota was probably lifting her spirits with some
conversation, but it was hard to tell from such a distance and taiga honestly didn't want to get caught up in the
conversation, looking around some more. next he spotted shasta close by, mumbling something about how great and
exciting the race was going to be. taiga smiled in response yet was baffled as to how the male was so calm about
everything going on. not bringing himself to worry about it, taiga let his eyes scan the team once more. he immediately
brightened up when he saw desoto rolling in the powdered snow, completely at ease. he watched him for a while in
amusement and decided to go over and join him in his playful banter. he stood up and walked about half way to the
old male when he saw desoto turn to talk to his fellow wheel dog, takaani. taiga stopped, should he go over with the
two? he didn't want to intrude now that takaani was there. his face grew hot as he looked at the fae and shook his head
quickly. don't be awkward taiga, go up and talk to them. takaani is no threat to you, why are you always trying to avoid
her?
he thought to himself rationally, continuing to walk over. his small crush for the female was beginning to become
a bother to him, and he tried hard to get over it, knowing he was no longer a pup anymore and had no time for childish
crushes, but it was hard to throw feelings away. finally, taiga made his way to the two wheel dogs and sat down beside
them with a grin that hid his nervousness. hello desoto, my friend. you seem very care free this morning. and
good morning takaani,
he said politely, I hope I'm not interfering.
~animallover~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cσηqυєяιηg тнє ι∂ιтαяσ∂ ( A Sled Dog RP) Accepting!

Postby Kailani » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:12 pm

Desoto » 6 yrs » Right Wheel

The uncharacteristic scoff that left Desoto’s lips was accompanied by an exaggerated eye roll. If that’d been me she would’ve ripped my ear off. Desi thought back to numerous times when the feisty female had tried to do just that. His train of thought was derailed when Taiga spoke up, the wave of nervous energy that radiated off the canine made Desoto’s tail twitch. The slightly awkward formal greeting made the malamute smile. "Well, this ain’t my first rodeo, pup. You’ve seen one Iditarod, you’ve seen ‘em all." Desoto chuckled at his bold-faced lie. No matter how many times he lined up to run this terrain it was always new and just as exciting as the first time. Though the nerves he used to feel at the beginning of previous Iditarods had morphed into barely contained excitement.

The team had trained hard these last couple of months but there was no denying that the still had some kinks to work out. Unfortunately for them they’d have to sort them out on the trail, but for once Desi had complete confidence in his team. There wasn’t a single member he didn’t think was cut out for the task at paw. There might be a few hiccups along the way, but they’d make it.
Kailani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purpleglitter » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:07 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Takaani

[ female ] [ five yrs ] [ wheel dog ] [ location; starting line] [ tags; desoto, shasta, taiga - comanche, dakota (mentioned)]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

When the figurative fireworks didn't start as expected, Takaani was extremely surprised. Though it was a little disappointing to miss what was sure to be an entertaining interaction (though she did feel bad that Dakota was on the receiving end of it), she could help but openly start at Comanche. Was it truly possible that the younger lead was actually going to start being a leader instead of the spoiled pup she had been acting like? For some reason she found it unlikely that a dog could change that quickly, though she supposed since there was no immediate snap that perhaps there was hope for the rust-colored female after all.

Though when the subtle command came after back with all the previous arrogance and haughtiness, she couldn't help but scoff. It seemed that nothing was really going to be changing any time soon. She snorted and turned away from the two in front, seeing as there wasn't going to be anything interesting happening there was no point in trying to listen in.

Her ears twitched as Taiga approached herself and her fellow wheel dog and she gave a soft smile to the nervous male. Though the younger male always seemed a bit jumpy and nervous whenever she was around (why that was she was unsure), she enjoyed his company and found him rather easy to get along with. His slightly awkward greeting made her chuckle and she shook her head at his inquiry of whether or not he was interrupting. "Taiga. Mmhmm, experience comes in handy with things like this. Not to worry though, I'm sure we'll do fine".
Last edited by purpleglitter on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purpleglitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coatiferous » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:03 am

Dakota wrote:
|| Male || Husky ||
|| Left Swing Dog ||
|| Ceremonial Start ||
|| tags; open ||
    Kota couldn't help but to feel a little...put off by how Comanche reacted to him, though he knew better than to make any comment about it. She was obviously stressed out and he felt it was better to leave her be rather than to provoke her frustrations further, so he stretched his back legs a little bit and gave himself a light shake-off. Tail curling up slightly as he caught sight of his audience, or at least the lingering glances that surveyed their leader as she gave him a remark about getting ready, the husky let out a sigh and headed over to the bulk of his teammates, not sure he wanted to wait in their line-out order yet simply because it wasn't called by their master as of now, and honestly he wasn't sure he could handle the nervous energy that standing there would definitely bring with it.

Head dipped upon approach, the silvery dog plopped his furry behind down into the powder beneath him and raised a hind foot up to scratch a little at an itchy part of his scruff under his racing harness. "I guess you guys saw that, huh..?" he asked, sounding a little embarrased with himself. "I get that the race is putting everyone on edge, but snapping at a member of your team isn't starting on the right paw," he sighed, lowering himself into a down as he slightly folded his ears back, a little frustrated with the responce he'd gotten from Comanche. "How are you all holding up? I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

There was always that risk of barging into a conversation, but right now Dakota needed to be around his teammates and not just left out there in the snow worrying to himself about the possible bad outcomes that the race may bring with it. He could find solace in the distraction of thsoe around him instead of indulging in the fear of their sled, and by extension their handler, flying off the side of a narrow pass, or the possibility of accidentally heading out onto a lake covered in ice thin enough to give way when they were just out of reach from the shore...not good to think about when he should be imagining their success when they do cross the finish line--they would have to finish!
x
wнαт i wσυld dσ тσ тαkє αwαy тнiร fєαя
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Hello, I'm aph coati, but you can call me
coati for short. My future career is in
insect research, though I dream of
one day owning a dog sled team.
Image * Image

my tumblr | my character site
σf bєiиg lσvєd αllєgiαиcє тσ тнє ραiи