compromise | warriors

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: compromise | warriors

Postby StrawberryBunny » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:37 am

Addefoot hated gatherings. While the other clan members looked forward to such events, they only
made her uneasy. The air was ringing with uncertainty, and Adderfoot shifted the weight between
her paws uneasily. Tense muscles rippled beneath her coffee colored fur.

Straightening up, she spotted her apprentice's petite form approaching; a delicate shade of grey
against the brittle stones she walked on. "Good evening Sagepaw" she purred, visibly relaxing and
giving a small nod of approval at the she-cat's etiquette, "It's nice to see you so upbeat." She
picked up on Privatepaw's conceited behavior and shot her a pointed look.

Adderfoot then settled herself down, tail curled around her paws, and fixed both olive eyes on
Burntstar. The idea of crossing territories made her uneasy, but she knew that her leader would
allow only what made sense. Glancing around, she saw the discontentment she felt reflected in
Stormfoots seafoam eyes. She brushed her tail against his side in sympathy.

╔═══════════════╗
xx [removed]
[removed]
╚═══════════════╝
She-cat
36 moons
Warrior of Oakclan
Location; gathering
Tags; Sagepaw, Stormfoot,
xxxxxx. Privatepaw
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: images removed
StrawberryBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| campionclaw [1] || patchpaw [1] ||

Postby zoocyte » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:52 pm

- - - - - - - - > p a t c h p a w < - - - - - - - -
• • clan » flatclan • • rank » apprentice • • location » gathering • • tags » lilynose • •

Trudging through the sparse, moonlit grasslands of Flatclan territory, Patchpaw's mind was occupied with uneasy thoughts of the possible outcome of tonight's gathering. Gatherings weren't really his cup of tea - he's never been one for mingling and chattering away with complete strangers, especially if meeting those strangers on the other side of a battle field was inevitable. He hardly ever talked to his own clanmates, let alone rival cats. Often times he'd opt to remain in camp instead, however he couldn't bring himself to do so this time around with the issue of the unclaimed land still hanging in the air.

Oakclan would want to hog it all to themselves, naturally, despite the fact that Flatclan was definitely in much greater need of it, what with having the more meager share of the hunting grounds. The possibility of his clan managing to claim it all for themselves was a far-fetched dream, so he hoped at the very least that they'd be able to snag one of the more prey-rich portions. At its worst, the clans might resort to full out fighting to solve the dispute, if the conflict managed to go severely out of hand.

Patchpaw shuddered to dwell on the thought of any bloodshed erupting out of this, knowing that his lanky frame wasn't adequately equipped for combat. He'd seen the burly brutes that Oakclan had in their arsenal in the last few gatherings he'd attended, and his prospects of escaping a brawl with them unscathed were minimal. Patchpaw prayed that the clans would be able to keep their heads about this issue - in no way was it worth a full-scale war. In that case, they'd have been better off with the twolegs simply keeping that stretch of land to themselves.

As the troupe of Flatclan cats traveled at a brisk pace, Patchpaw's lime-green eyes were trained on the stark-white pelt of the cat he was trailing after: Lilynose, his mentor. He still wasn't familiar with some of the Oakclan cats, so he figured that he might as well ask her to enlighten him a bit. Any information he could gather about their rivals might serve to be useful someday. Though he knew it would probably be better to simply talk to them directly, he didn't trust in his abilities to keep a conversation running smoothly. They would probably wrap up in an awkward silence once he ran out of things to say, and he'd like to avoid humiliation as much as possible.

As soon as they finally arrived at their destination, he began to slink around the outskirts of the brittle stones that they had congregated on, keenly observing the different mish-mash of pelts and light-hearted chatter that filled the area. He had little interest in delving in it himself, since he had came here with just the intention to witness the result of the territorial dispute.

After lingering idly in the same place for a few moments, Patchpaw steeled his nerves and plunged into the throng of cats. He flinched rather unsubtly every time an unfamiliar pelt happened to brush against his own, and he scrunched his nose in disdain from having to be hit by the full force of that distinct Oakclan scent. He wandered about aimlessly until he spotted Lilynose hanging around the edges of the crowd, along with Rosewhisker. Glad to be able to get away from all the hustle-bustle for a bit, he approached her with an inward sigh of relief.

Patchpaw was about to open his mouth to speak when he was swiftly reminded of his mentor's impairment. Her deafness had made communication a bit troublesome when he had initially started training, however over time he'd come to improve his skill at relying completely on body language, so it no longer served as that much of a problem anymore. In fact, he'd come to be rather comfortable with it too, since he didn't have to struggle to find the perfect words he needed to properly express whatever it was that he wanted to say.

After nodding a quick greeting to the two warriors, he flicked his tail to gesture at the Oakclan cats and inquired, What are they like?
He'd heard a couple of things about them here and there from gossip that he'd manage to listen in on, but overall Oakclan cats were still a mystery to him.

- - - - - - - > c a m p i o n c l a w < - - - - - - -
• • clan » oakclan • • rank » warrior • • location » gathering • • tags » --- • •

Campionclaw's gaze swept across the mass of Flatclan cats, expression twitching into that of a mixture of disdain and contempt. Seating rather stiffly, he swept his brush-like tail around himself tightly with his head held high, not attempting to mask any of his distaste for the rival clan. There was no way he was going to play friends with their most despised enemy, definitely not, never, not in a million moons.

On their first excursion to the new hunting grounds, - the soon to be Oakclan hunting grounds, he was sure - Campionclaw had been anxious to start marking the new borders as soon as possible. All those rolling tracks of land laden with prey...How could they not simply jump in and take advantage of it right away, before those Flatclanners did? Unfortunately he had to resist due to Burntstar's command to hold off setting boundaries until they could be discussed properly at the next gathering.

This discussion over dividing territory and what not was a load of mousedung to him - why negotiate with our competitors, when with Oakclan's strength and numbers, we could simply lay claim to the whole land for ourselves? If any of those cowards in Flatclan had anything to complain about it, we'd talk back with tooth and claw. Beat them to the ground like the curs they were, and watch them run back to their camp with their tails between their legs. Oakclan deserved to own every square inch of that land, and he was willing to pour every fiber of his being into cementing that into a reality.
zoocyte

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lakepaw - 2

Postby .Arrow » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:43 am

L A K E P A W
Flatclan - Apprentice - 10 moons - She-cat - Tags; Eveningpaw, Sootpaw, Rivertail

Lakepaw caught a glimpse of Sootpaw creeping up behind Eveningpaw, but still was slightly startled when the apprentice leapt towards them and yowled loudly. How rude, she thought, Couldn't she be a bit more mature at a Gathering like this? It's a privilege to be here. She flicked her tail impatiently as the other she-cats greeted each other. "Hello, Sootpaw," she replied, a slight edge of annoyance in her voice. "I agree with Eveningpaw, it can never hurt to know each other better, especially at a time like this." With that, Lakepaw excused herself, "I think that the Gathering is about to start - I trust I will run into you soon?" and made her way over to where her mentor, Rivertail, was sitting. "Hello, Rivertail. I was talking to some Oakclan apprentices and ugh they just make my skin crawl. And they stink, too!" She whispered the last part, but she wasn't sure if anyone else had heard. It was kind of rude. "I hope that the Gathering goes well for us, we might not even go hungry this leaf-bare," she chattered, letting out some nervous energy. When Lionstar started speaking, she started feeling hopeful. It wasn't perfect, but it definitely seemed to be the most fair solution. Then, Burntstar said her part. Lakepaw felt her toes tingle with anger and frustration, and her lips curl with malice. "She can't do that!" she hissed, "She can't just declare what will or won't be done, Lionstar has to stand up for us!" Fury laid thick in the passionate apprentice's voice as she continued speaking. "Those fat logs have so much food that they let it rot, and they have the nerve to give us the worse half of the new territory? Rivertail, that's not okay!" She stood up, not knowing what she intended to do. She thought of the terrible hunger that leaf-bare brought, and thought of the lush forest that the other clan took for granted. "We need that land, and I'll be the first in line to fight for it."
.Arrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

deux | sycamorefur (and sagepaw eventually)

Postby lisica, » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:34 am

── Sʏᴄᴀᴍᴏʀᴇғᴜʀ! ──
        -clan; oakclan - location; gathering - mood; tense tags/mentions; lightleaf/burntstar, lionstar + medicine cat apprentices

sycamorefur watched the apprentices for a few seconds, and she couldn't help but feel sorry for wrenpaw. usually the young cats are the most enthusiastic about attending gatherings, but seemingly there were other places the little cat would've preferred to be. featherpaw, on the other hand, seemed to love them for the most part. maybe she was just a bit more social and liked seeing the others, maybe she just liked the excuse to get out of camp for a while.

turning back to her friend, sycamorefur listened closely to lightleaf before taking a seat and making herself comfortable beside her. despite herself, the oakclan medicine cat couldn't help but give out a quiet laugh, "tell me about it! you should've heard the warriors going on about it every single night since last full moon. if i've ever been glad to sleep with only one other cat it was then!" then, after "I can't say i'm indifferent to the outcome," sycamorefur nodded and added seriously, "understandable, as am i. i just hope nothing... bad happens." bad could mean plenty of things, but she was almost sure that lightleaf would know what she meant. both physical and verbal fights could break out at any moment, the molly was painfully aware, and now just came to the realization she'd brought this to her friend's attention. "sorry, lightleaf!" she exclaimed suddenly, wide eyes softening. "i didn't want you to start dreading this as well."

it was around that point that sycamorefur started to pay mor attention to the conversation the leaders were making. she shifted between her pale paws quietly -- it looked like burntstar was taking initiative, and although that was a good thing for sycamorefur, as an oakclan cat, she couldn't help but feel uncomfortable in front of her flatclan friend. but despite herself, she found herself gazing across to where the warriors were seemingly starting arguments amongst them selves; claws and teeth visible, fur on end, tails thrashing. underneath it all, sycamorefur leaned into lightleaf slightly, and chuckled a quiet, "we're lucky we're medicine cats."
lisica,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ii

Postby elfish » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:09 pm

LIONSTAR
        ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
        clan flatclan mood determined, focused location gathering tags burntstar, petalpaw
        xxxThe ginger tom awaited for the other molly's reply, keeping his gaze trained on her. He was determined to get as much as he possibly could for his Clan, who faced a hard season. Lionstar would never, ever admit that his Clan was weak of starving - never openly, not even to FlatClan themselves. No, he was far too proud for that. FlatClan needed to appear strong and proud to every cat out there, and Lionstar was more than determined to achieve that. But even he knew that FlatClan would face devastation in their current state - their unfortunate geography meant that prey escaped more often than not and although they were built lean and slender to chase rabbits, it was never enough. So he needed to make his stand tonight in front of OakClan and StarClan.

xxxHis thoughts were promptly disrupted by an all-too-familiar voice that rose above the general buzz of the two Clans' conversation. He swore that his heart practically dropped to his tail tip when he knew that voice to be Petalpaw. His niece, bless Scorchlily's little heart, was quite... assertive. Lionstar admired her bright and confident nature, but there were times when she proved to be too much. Like now. Lionstar's whiskers quivered as he worked to maintain his cool and calm composure. If they were still at camp... Lionstar looked past Burnstar and right at Petalpaw. "Petalpaw, I appreciate your input but we're in the middle of a discussion. Why don't you go interact with the rest of the 'paws?" he said to his niece as calmly as he could manage, though you could bet the leader was already thinking of a crafty punishment and lecture for her when they got back to camp. He could practically die of the embarrassment Petalpaw just inflicted on him.

xxxThen the opposing leader parted her maw to speak again, grabbing Lionstar's attention. He listened carefully, resisting a face when the deal did not exactly go his way. He had to force himself from raising his fur at the implication Burntstar was making. "You are implying that my warriors must be watched like kits?" he dead-panned at Burntstar. What did she take them for? Irresponsible kits who must be watched by their mothers? His pride flared at the implication, but he knew he had to think of the bigger picture here. Burntstar was offering a compromise - one that Lionstar knew he had to take. He didn't exactly expect OakClan to give up that piece of land and show their bellies, so he knew he couldn't ask for much more. Burntstar was offering a way for his Clan to solve their prey shortage, but that didn't mean Lionstar liked it. If they did it this way, then OakClan would know if FlatClan was beginning to suffer solely based on the number of times they needed to borrow the land. But there was no other foreseeable solution; Lionstar knew he had to accept with a heavy heart. "I hope I can depend on OakClan to remain respectful of my warriors at all times - I'm afraid there will be repercussions if I hear otherwise," he finally replied to Burntstar. "Supervised passage through your territory is understandable, but that is all. Supervision ends when my warriors arrive at the hunting grounds." If there was anything he didn't want, it was his warriors to be stared down as they hunted. Another worry began to prod at his mind - it was inevitable that this situation may result in quarrels and even future wars.

BRIGHTHEART
        clan oakclan mood outraged location gathering tags kestrelfeather; petalpaw (mentions)
        xxxThe black-and-white warrior tersely nodded at Kestrelfeather's response. It was understandable that Burntstar and Lionstar wanted to prevent a fight - he barely expected the other clan to stand their own ground, anyway. OakClan was much bigger and muscular than FlatClan; the other cats were small like rabbits. Brightheart was more than confident that OakClan would win a fight if it ever came to that. "As if FlatClan would win," Brightheart replied with a breathy laugh. He lashed his tail as a ginger apprentice - a molly - decided it was her time to speak her mind and began to criticize the discussion. "I guess FlatClan doesn't know how to raise its apprentices...," Brightheart muttered as he looked again at the ginger apprentice.

xxxHe sat and strained to listen to Burntstar speak. He was awed by her kindness - allowing FlatClan to hunt on the rich land? Burntstar was truly a merciful cat who didn't want to see her enemies rot away from hunger, but Brightheart grimaced at the idea. Sure, it was fair and all, but who was to say FlatClan was going to pull a fast one on them? Who's to say that FlatClan wouldn't take each trip through their territory as an opportunity to scope their territory and plan an attack or something? Burntstar was much too trusting as she was merciful, Brightheart decided. He rolled his eyes at Lionstar's retort - there was little else the ginger leader could do, anyway.

LILYNOSE
        clan flatclan mood neutral location gathering tags patchpaw; rivertail (mentions)
        xxxShe watched intently with expressionless blue eyes as Burntstar and Lionstar conversed among themselves. She was reasonably good at reading lips - a talent she developed later in life - but was much more used to communicating via body language. With her skills, however, she was able to somewhat decipher the leaders' discussion. As expected, Burntstar was hesitant to give up the rich land. Even if Burntstar did not state it herself, Lilynose could tell by the molly's body language that she would rather keep the land for herself. What leader wouldn't? Of course Lilynose thought it was unfair to her Clan, but she also understood Burntstar's plight; what leader did not want the best for their Clan? She watched a little longer for Lionstar's response; he was less than unhappy, she knew, but there wasn't much he could do considering that the land was on OakClan's side of the river. She observed as his fur ever so slightly prickled and his ears swiveled, perhaps set off by his niece's outburst moments earlier.

xxxFrom the corner of her eye, she noticed the brown tabby tom Rivertail settle some ways from her. She pulled herself from the leaders' conversation and greeted the other warrior with a friendly wave of her tail. He didn't seem too keen on starting a conversation, but it was no matter because her own apprentice approached her just heartbeats later. Patchpaw, like herself, wasn't much of a crowd-lover. Lilynose avoided being in crowds if she could - there were simply too many smells filling her nose and vibrations rocking her body. It overwhelmed her senses, and so she preferred to sit at the edges and observe. She could see that Patchpaw was similar - he seemed just as relieved to be away from the buzz of conversation. She greeted her apprentice with a warm purr and nudged his shoulder a little. Sometimes, she wondered if he ever felt like he pulled the short stick - that Lionstar cheated him out of having a real apprentice experience, but she pushed the thought aside. Being her apprentice was for sure nothing traditional, but she could teach something not every cat in the Clan could. She taught them how to observe. Being a good warrior didn't always mean being the best hunter or fighter, after all.

xxxLike us she replied with a flick of her tail. They're pretty good at hunting in the forest, though. Can you imagine that? Being surrounded by trees and never seeing the sky? Lilynose couldn't imagine living like OakClan cats; seeing the sky was a luxury that FlatClan cats usually took for granted. She had become so accustomed to it that being in a forest for too long made her nervous. It was like she was being contained with nowhere to go. How did OakClan do it? Have you met any of the other apprentices? she asked, tipping her head curiously.
elfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: compromise | warriors

Postby .Foxtrot. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:30 am

╔═════════╗

Name: Maplecreek "May"
Past Names: Maple
Maplepaw

Clan: Flatclan
Height: 33 cm
Coat Colour: Dilute caliby
mask and mantle

Eyes: Deep blue

╚═════════╝

Location: Gathering Tags/Mentions: Burntstar, Fogcloud, Lionstar, Petalpaw, Patchpaw (mention) & Lilynose (mention)

Noticing the other deputy, Fogcloud, curtly nod. The molly dipped her head only slightly in recognition. Maplecreek had been listening very carefully to the discussions but her concentration was diverted to a familiar voice. Her apprentice and Lionstar's niece, Petalpaw. The molly looked at Lionstar from her peripheral vision and her soft black ear closest to the ginger tom turned to face him. Listening to her leader address his niece, her pupils within her deep blue eyes became slits as she noticed the other deputy's eyes had narrowed. Turning her dilute caliby head to face Petalpaw, she sighed slightly before getting swiftly to her paws. Her face adorned with a stern look, though her pupils had dilated once she had faced the ginger tabby apprentice. Giving a gentle nudge, with her pink and black mottled nose, on the apprentice's shoulder. Then with her gentle but stern voice she uttered, to Petalpaw, "Alright, Petalpaw I think you've made your point clear. Now do what Lionstar has said and go play with the other apprentices. Hmm... How about you go see Patchpaw?" Then she quickly turned and sat back down in her original place. All of the other apprentices were around oakclan cats, except Patchpaw who was with Lilynose. The she cat thought it would be best that her apprentice would hopefully keep out of trouble. Though there was no saying that Petalpaw would listen to her. Regaining her concentration, she trained her deep blue pools on the chocolate golden smoke molly. Her tail lashed angrily, for only a moment, after hearing what the she cat had to say. Lionstar was right! Why should they be treated like newborn kits?Her pupils became slits again as she tried to regain control of her thought. But the issues just kept nagging her mind. This wouldn't go well with the other Flatclan cats. But, after all Burntstar had a point about crossing territories if Flatclan had the richer land but the land Flatclan would be getting would make they're territory bigger but they couldn't do much else with it. The hunting parties would have to use more energy to go out there and probably have the same outcome. But at least they were getting some land right?[/i] Shaking her head slightly she continued her focus, while continually looking out of her peripheral vision at the other cats at the gathering.

╔═════════╗

Name: Juniperwhisper "June"
Past Names: Juniper
Juniperpaw

Clan: Flatclan
Height: 36 cm
Coat Colour: Black
Eyes: Amber

╚═════════╝

The muscular black tom watched with increasing amount in interest. His ears twitching as an apprentice approached the group of leaders and deputies. He had to admit it was quite funny what the little cat had down and how mush Flatclan would be embarrassed. Chuckling slightly, at what had happened, the tom's amber eyes surveyed the area. His eyes landed on a tabby with high-grade white. The predominately white molly with faint black patches and tabby tail seemed to be looking towards the group of leaders and deputies. Juniperwhisker recognised her as Mallowfur. Deciding to go over to her, he heaved himself to his paws and walked over to her. As he came up to the fellow Oakclan warrior he spoke, with a chipper, "Hello Mallowfur, You alright? Quite the commotion going on over there." As the black tom had spoken he pointed his black tail at the group of leader's and deputies. With that the black tom sat down, with a smile, and curled his tail over his paws.
.Foxtrot.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me