❝ . refuge . open!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ❝ . refuge . open!

Postby endless shelter;; » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:55 am

endless shelter;; wrote:
If we met, at MIDNIGHT
In the HANGING TREE
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Strange things did happen here
no stranger would it be
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Ω LYNX THAT CLIMBS MOUNTAIN
'the watchful'

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
She-Cat ; To-be (hunter)
11 moons ; t.o.f.a ; no crush
Maine coon ; Tagged = n/a
xxxxx=thought ; '
xxxxx'=talk

Ω Paws tapped against the hard earth quietly but quickly as a cat padded across the canyon like area. The winds dry and soulless. As a kit, she was in the harsh mountains before suddenly being taken to these barren lands in a new style of living, she lifted her neck up to catch any winds which could reach her skin. No chance of snow, ever. Lost in thought she bumped into one of her tribe members. and then listened to her healer, her heart quickened as her pupils turned to slits, her brain turning to battle mode. Ever since she was taken from her home in the mountains, she still wasn't used to this sort of terrain.

Her head turned at every noise, she extended her claws and teeth slowly showed as her mouth opened at the same time. Stone teller was opening a conversation with what looked like the group of new cat's leader. Her tail swayed side to side. Though she was taken in to be taught how to be a hunter in the tribe due to her precision in hunting, she was also prepared to fight, being already larger than a normal cat. She saw a larger silver maine coon go to stone teller and drop a turkey, but this did not calm her suspicions. To make her tribe seem strong, she looked for a bush ad to her luck, spotted a cotton tail rabbit. her pupils widened to drag in the light to get the perfect aim and darted for it, as if time slowed, she focused on getting on top of it to crash it down and bite down on it's neck. She was used to rabbits in the mountains. Her past got her her name.

She walked back with the rabbit clamped in her jaws, glad the fur wasn't burning hot from the heat, she dropped it by one of the hunters, her mentor, to be exact. Her eyes went back to the cold green spring stare. Lynx reverted not to standing, but sitting with a cold stare, she turned her head slowly, awaiting for any new reactions, and of course; prepared to attack.

'every STORM runs
out of rain'
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
'Enjoy the calm
before the STORM'
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
WATCHER OF STORMS
'the fierce'

Tom ; Cave-guard ; 38 moons
T.o.b.a ; no crush ; dom short hair
Tagged; n/a
xxxxx=thought ; 'xxxxx'=talk

Storm looked at the clan which gathered, he stood at the exterior of the group, his muscular build which made him a cave guard was visible through his short fur. He looked around tiredly, not yet used to this new environment which he joined, since his last tribe was in the forests, this is a huge change for him. (not too sure how to start him off.)
x
SILVER for monsters...
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
x- hello! i'm endless shelter;; i do happen to
x- be a lil inactive on here, but i do still exist!
x- slavic mythology, vampires, the witcher, and
x- my ocs are my current interests!
x-
x-
x- saff/ronnie - she/her - aro-ace
x- toyhouse - kalons

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
xx... STEEL for humans.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 pm

━ ━━━━ SWANTAIL
      ( feeling ) hungry, worried ( tagged ) ivyrose, spottedhawk, squirrelfoot, dust that rises, falconpaw ( words ) 495
        swantail's tail flicked in amusement as ivyrose mentioned going to the west. he was just about to mention heading that direction, but she had managed to get the meow in first. he nodded in agreement, but glanced back at the camp before taking another step forward. anxiety coursed through him, but he did his best to calm himself. sandstar knows best, he thought.

as deputy, it was his job to make sure the clan was safe. he was second-in-command, as they say, and he did not take the responsibility lightly. it wasn't something to joke about. swantail had not been expecting the position, but pride swelled in his chest as he remembered the night he was named deputy.

the evening had been unusually cool, and the moon had just barely slipped past the gorge's walls. sandstar had called all the cats together, and swantail had just returned from hunting. three small mice had been dangling from his mouth, and he remembered the wind rushing past him as he dropped the prey on the fresh-kill pile and ran to the congregation. sandstar had smiled so sweetly, her eyes so bright, as he walked up to join her.

"wait," he meowed, turning back to his beloved clanmates and the unfamiliar faces of the tribe. he opened his mouth, straining to catch the warm scent of his leader, but they were growing old. he figured, since he did not spot badgernose or sandstar, that they must have gone hunting. there were, after all, many new mouths to feed. "I can't leave while sandstar is out of camp. if something happens━" he let his voice trial off, unwilling to go any farther into that possibility. "I'm sorry," he said, giving ivyrose an affectionate lick. "you can accompany me if you so wish, but feel free to continue hunting. we may need the extra prey soon."

he did not wait for an answer, eager to return to camp. she'll follow if she wants to, he thought as he walked back the way he had come. the scent of the tribe cats was almost overwhelming (neither good nor bad), and swantail promptly clamped his jaws together as he entered his home. the usual scents had lightened, if not died away completely.

the deputy's ears pricked as he heard angry voices from the far side of camp, where the bedding was usually gathered. a large tree had fallen there, and moss was plentiful on the rotting log. he padded towards them, not surprised to hear spottedhawk and squirrelfoot, but an unfamiliar meow joined them. was a tribe cat causing trouble?

as the four cats entered his view, he found that spottedhawk and squirrelfoot were indeed there, along with young falconpaw and a sleek brown molly he had seen earlier that morning. "is there a problem here?" he asked, gentle yet stern. spottedhawk was known for his temper, and swantail hoped the tribe molly had not caused too much trouble.

━ ━━━━ DUST THAT RISES
      ( feeling ) cautious, annoyed ( tagged ) falconpaw, squirrelfoot, spottedhawk, swantail ( words ) 311
        any cat in her right mind would have been frightened at the mention of her leader when she was causing trouble. any cat, however, was not dust that rises. she believed that her actions were brave ones, rather than how foolish they really were. stoneteller had spoken many times about how reckless she could be, but dust refused to hear a word of it. she followed any order he gave her, except when he asked her to quiet her temper.

she stood angrily as spottedhawk batted her ear, ears once again flat and tail lashing madly. she did not wish to fight with this cat, but she would not shy away if he initiated one. "anyone who would touch a to-be against orders is more of a foxheart than me!" she hissed, ignoring the stumbling words of the to-be cowering behind the older molly.

her hackles raised, dust was ready to return a hit when a white tom cat appeared from behind her. he smelt of the clan, and he had an air of command mixed with kindness. dust had a hard time seeing him as any cat of importance. leaders were supposed to be tough, fearless, and, well, leader-like, but this cat seemed like he would buckle under responsibility.

"is there a problem here?" he meowed. dust tried to bite her tongue, and settled instead for staring boldly into spottedhawk's eyes. he would not make her avert them. she ignored the white cat who had interrupted, but relaxed her muscles, realizing she would be outnumbered two to one if she attacked. she did not think the molly and the to-be would fight, so she did not count them. they'd probably just run back to their soft leader, she thought bitterly.

"I don't know," she purred innocently in reply. "is there a problem, whatever your name is?"
roman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:03 pm

Spottedhawk --
The leopard-spotted tom watched as the apprentice fumbled over his words and then trotted towards camp. He huffed with a nod, content that Stoneteller(if he cared about how his cats acted in the company of strangers) would be here soon.
"Anyone who would touch a to-be against orders is more of a foxheart than me!" The she-cat's hiss met his ears, but the tom didn't flinch. The words rolled right over his shoulders. Technically, there had never been an order not to teach the tribe cats a lesson if they dared to ask for one. He said nothing.
Spottedhawk's eyes narrowed as he watched Dust with hostile amusement, knowing that the little rat of a she-cat would lash out any second. She was poorly disciplined, so he guessed that her fighting style would be poorly disciplined as well. Only true warriors knew how to fight without making a fool of themselves. Battle was an art form, one that Spottedhawk never took lightly, and the clan cats were honored with the training passed down from their ancestors.
"Is there a problem here?" Spottedhawk looked up from Dust's glare to see Swantail emerging from camp. Finally, another cat who would help him and get this pest out of their business. He knew that the clan's deputy wouldn't publicly disagree with Sandstar, but he could certainly be thinking about the mistake she made.
He nodded respectfully to Swantail, and then whipped his tail as a gesture towards the smaller, angry she-cat. His tone changed as he spoke, seeing as Swantail was someone he respected. "Funny you should show up right when this tribe cat was about to claw my throat out," Spottedhawk mewed, "She has very poor manners and has been horribly disruptive while we've invited them into our home. It's not a pleasant way to be thanked." He spat out his final word and shot a harsh look back towards Dust, before returning his gaze to the deputy.

tagged -- Squirrelfoot, Dust that Rises, Swantail, Falconpaw
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:40 pm

-- SQUIRRELFOOT
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( gender . molly ) ( rank. warrior ) ( tagged. spottedhawk, falconpaw, dust, swantail ) ( words. - )
      xxxsquirrelfoot watched falconpaw begin to leave before a snow white pelt emerged from around the corner. squirrelfoot recognized swantail and nodded respectfully to him, before watching everything go down. the to-be instantly changed her demeanor, leading the ginger she-cat to lay her ears back. the two bickered to swantail, before squirrelfoot stepped in. "i have sent falconpaw to go get... stoneteller. this to-be here approached us as if we were hostiles, and refused to go back to her group. i told her politely that she probably shouldn't wander away from her... tribe... until further notice," she paused, glancing between all the cats, nearly stumbling over her words. "i would imagine a... to-be shouldn't be without an older cat, just like our apprentices. we were only concerned about her safety." she stated, finally closing her statement, glancing down at her paws, ashamed that she babbled for so long. her ears remained pinned to her skull, glancing at spottedhawk for at least some type of reassurance. she then looked at swantail, confidently but slightly ashamed of all she had said. was she wrong to speak up? she wasn't afraid of what swantail would say, but more of what would happen if swantail didn't believe them. falconpaw was there to witness it, but he also witnessed spottedhawks act of aggression, which she didn't bring up.
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:34 pm

━ ━━━━ SWANTAIL
      ( feeling ) amused, slightly annoyed ( tagged ) ivyrose, spottedhawk, squirrelfoot, dust that rises, falconpaw ( words ) 411
        swantail's whiskers twitched in amusement. he knew it shouldn't be so funny, but he had to choke down a laugh. he was sure his sides were shaking with his silent giggle. spottedhawk, squirrelfoot, even the tribe cat, all seemed to have tensed at his arrival. spottedhawk's angry growl faded into a respectful meow. squirrelfoot fumbled over her words, a trait she seemed to have passed along to her apprentice. even the tribe molly's fiery hiss was more subdued. and all because of his title. swantail found it so incredibly funny that spottedhawk would temper his attitude for a title.

the tom nodded to squirrelfoot with a reassuring smile before turning to his own clan's warrior. "forgive me," he managed. "I assume you were not insulting her, a form of provocation, correct spottedhawk?"

without waiting for a response, which he already knew the answer to (he'd barely heard the word foxheart over the angry growls), he padded between the other tom and the young tribe cat. he stood, gazing down at the dust colored molly. not angry, but not happy, the cold stare made her squirm. without averting his gaze, he sat on his haunches, his tail twitching with both curiosity and annoyance.

the apprentice, or to-be as the tribe called them, did not remove her blazing eyes from him. her courage was incredible, but as he had been told many-a-time by his mentor, "courage is useless if you devote it to the wrong causes." he now saw how true those words were. even with trouble quite literally looming over her, she only flinched once or twice. he had not been so different as a kit. but time had taught him many lessons that he wished he did not have to suffer through. one cat had paid a price for his foolishness, and the guilt still lingered in him.

"squirrelfoot, I may need you later, but you are free to go now if you so wish. hunting would be helpful," he said, still not taking his gaze away from the to-be. a grin tugged at his mouth. the worst punishment was apologizing, and meaning it. this tribe cat would probably be disciplined by stoneteller later, and anger would not resolve anger. two wrongs never make a right. his gaze softened as he allowed the smile to spread across his face. "now, why don't you tell me your side of the story?" he meowed to the dust pelted molly.

━ ━━━━ DUST THAT RISES
      ( feeling ) cautious, annoyed ( tagged ) falconpaw, squirrelfoot, spottedhawk, swantail ( words ) 357
        dust winced at the information fed to the white tom. it was technically true, but before she could protest the clan cat threw a sort of insult at spottedhawk. she burst out laughing, unable to contain the amusement. even the clan cat knew spottedhawk was a jerk. not much a surprise, but still.

she was silenced however, as the pure white tom turned and stared down at her. his gaze seemed to pierce into her soul. she was captivated by it. frightened, and amazed at the same time. the authority with which this cat towered over her was lined with grace and kindness. she had no idea what he might do. grief was hidden in those bright green eyes, but he disguised it well.

his gaze reminded her of her mother's. when dust had done something serious, her mother used to stare down at her just like this. it was punishment enough. there was no indignation in her eyes, ever. it was always disappointment. that multiplied her guilt by a thousand. her mother never raised her voice, never was angry. just disappointed. and his eyes radiated disappointment.

she was vaguely aware that her muscles tensed and her tail twitched nervously. silence enveloped them, and boy was it uncomfortable. finally, the white tom dismissed the older molly in a offhanded (pawed?) sort of way. dust swallowed through the lump in her throat.

what was he going to do? she was sure he would not do anything cruel, but could he stop spottedhawk from doing something? who was this cat anyway, and why did spottedhawk and squirrelfoot tense when he came near? he was not a stoneteller, the one called sandstar took that title. what kind of clan tradition made him seem more intimidating than the others?

she was so distracted that she barely noticed the soft grin and gentle words he had spoken. "um," she stuttered painfully. she hated herself for being so cowardly. "I just came to see what they were doing when that one snapped at me. I didn't do anything! it was like he hated the tribe! aren't you guys supposed to be welcoming us?"
roman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:55 am

Spottedhawk --
Spottedhawk raked his gaze along Swantail's smug form. He could see the amusement in the deputy's features, and his body tensed further in irritation. Smug furball... he thought sourly, I respect my clan's authority because I am a warrior. He growled softly at Swantail, shaking his head at the tom's words. Did Swantail forget where his loyalties lie? Blaming him for provoking the tribe cat... He had done no such thing. The tribe cat had come on her own accord and provoked them with her stupid courage and hostility.
The warrior dug his claws into the soft, peaty dirt beneath his paws when Swantail stepped in front of him. Had he no respect or trust? Spottedhawk was offended, but he didn't say anything. When the deputy dismissed Squirrelfoot, Spottedhawk rolled his eyes. Had he not heard Sandystar's orders for them to collect bedding for the tribe cats? He still didn't say anything, not wishing to correct the deputy in front of other cats. Perhaps he would approach him later.

However, when the deputy turned to the younger she-cat to hear 'her side of the story' like some kits' mediator, Spottedhawk had enough. He refused to be treated this way in his own clan. These cats were outsiders and they weren't to be trusted. The warrior's tail lashed furiously as Dust stuttered her pathetic excuses and lies. Finally, he flung a wad of moss in their direction.
"Forget it," The leopard-pelted tom spat angrily, "Maybe she should gather her own bedding if she's going to be so ungrateful." He spun on his paws and starting padding off into the clan's territory, away from the confrontation and the pile of bedding he had gathered. He looked over his shoulder, "Maybe they all should, if this rat is any representation of how tribe cats behave in a stranger's home."

tagged -- Squirrelfoot, Dust that Rises, Swantail
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ III. [falcon]

Postby ultravi0lence » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 am

—— FALCONPAW
[male] - [7 moons] - [gorgeclan warrior] - [tags: stoneteller] - [words: 379]

Falconpaw stumbled over his paws, ignoring the obvious looks he was getting from both the tribe cat and his clanmates.
Mouse-brain. You probably looked like a badger with two crippled paws.
He sighed and trotted as fast as he could, avoiding the same rocks he fell over before. Trees flew by as he raced to the camp. The faster he would get there, the less of a chance that anyone would get hurt. He started picking up the familiar scent of GorgeClan, but it was mixed with the scent of the new cats. He could only explain it as a lighter, woodier smell, distinct to the tribe cats. As he barged forwards, he could see different colored pelts: brown, white, grey... He was definitely close to camp.
He skidded roughly to a halt as he entered the camp, steadying his breathing, and earning a few glances from some cats. He narrowed his eyes, trying to scan the clearing for the feathery grey cat, but to no avail. Stonetelller was nowhere to be found. He moved closer to the middle, scanning the camp yet again, and caught a glance of a small grey cat. Judging by the size, it was indeed Stoneteller.
He was about to sprint right up to him before he remembered his manners. The older cat was the leader of an entire tribe, after all.
He collected himself, grooming his chest in an attempt to look presentable.
What should I say? Hey, one of your tribe-mates are acting disrespectful! Nah, too blunt. Hello, Stoneteller, one of your apprentices are...
He was about to ram right into the resting cat but he managed to stop himself before he padded over him. He cleared his throat and tried to ignore the knot forming in his stomach.
Here it goes.
''Hello, Stoneteller.'' Falconpaw said, dipping his head as a sign of respect for the older cat. ''My mentor sent me to come fetch you. There seems to be a... problem with one of your younger tribe-mates. I think you might be of help in the situation.''
He felt a weight getting lifted from his shoulders, almost like he was confessing a long kept secret.
Hey, I wasn't that bad! Hopefully he thinks the same...
He pawed the dirt beneath his paws, awaiting an answer.
ultravi0lence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacke » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:44 am

-- STONETELLER
    ( gender . male ) ( rank. healer ) ( tagged. falconpaw, swantail, dust ) ( words. - )
      xxxstoneteller watched his to-be with interest, before a small, brown and white tabby tom approached him, somewhat nervously. he nodded his head to the tom, before listening to him, his whiskers twitching. at the mention of his tribe mate, stoneteller gathered himself and stood, shaking out his fur quickly. "thank you, young one." his eyes quickly averted to the 'entrance' to camp, where a ginger she-cat entered camp, the one this apprentice left camp with. "if i am not mistaken, i believe that is your... mentor." he paused, and glanced back at falconpaw. "she may be looking for you. thank you for telling me what is going on, i'll go find them at once," he dipped his head, slipping by the young apprentice, flicking his ear with his tail in a grateful way, before slipping past squirrelfoot, and out of camp. it didn't take too long to see the spotted tom who previously left camp with the others, so stoneteller began to trot in the direction he was coming from. he strained his ears to listen for noise, before he heard a hushed voice of a tom. swantail, was it? the tom was nice, a great to-be of the clans leader. stoneteller slowly approached the scene, spotting the white tom with dust that rises, a to-be of his tribe. he sighed quietly, but dipped his head to swantail, before turning his gaze to dust, remaining silent, as to not disrupt their conversation.

-- SQUIRRELFOOT
    ( gender . molly ) ( rank. warrior ) ( tagged. falconpaw ) ( words. - )
      xxxsquirrelfoot nearly dragged herself back to camp, somewhat disappointed. but, disappointed in what? herself? spottedhawk? surely not, he was great. swantail? no, never. so yes, she was disappointed in herself. she entered camp once again, stopping to look for her apprentice. after a moment, she spotted him talking to stoneteller, before stoneteller left, and squirrelfoot began to pad towards her apprentice. as she approached, she smiled at the young tom. "thank you, you did well." she purred, before flicking her tail, glancing around for a moment. "why don't we go hunting? or would you rather do some battle practice?" she asked, turning her attention to the smaller tom besides her. she flicked an ear, glancing around camp where a few warriors and tribe cats were mingling, before noticing that sandstar was absent. squirrelfoot laid her ears back ever so slightly, averting her gaze to another direction, shuffling her paws over the ground silently, awaiting falconpaws responce.
lacke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:50 am

━ ━━━━ SWANTAIL
      ( feeling ) amused, slightly annoyed ( tagged ) stoneteller, dust that rises ( words ) 432
        indentswantail sighed as he watched spottedhawk trot away. he'd struck a nerve, and he wished, because of his peacekeeping nature, that he'd just kept his good-humored statement to himself. spottedhawk was a hard one to get along with, as many cats would say, but his loyalty to the clan was unrivaled. the white tom heard his mentor's gentle mew inside his head once again: each cat has good and bad within them. do not judge any cat, foreign or gorgeclan, because of how he acts at the present. get to know him first before you are so quick to make assumptions.

indentswantail debated whether or not to call spottedhawk back, rather than let anger fester and grow. but as he'd learned many times, warriors like the other tom needed time to clear their heads. if he called his clanmate back now, the frustration could boil over into a fight. clan unity was more important than ever with the tribe cats' arrival. they could not afford to be bickering among themselves. instead, he resolved to pay his friend a visit later, when spottedhawk had had time to cool his temper and the two could talk alone.

indentswantail began to speak just as the gray cat called stoneteller made his way toward them. he was grateful that the tribe molly's superior had arrived, for he was worried that he would not have been able to handle her blazing temper on his own. the white tom smiled to himself as he realized, the only reason spottedhawk had trouble with her is because they are so alike.

indenthe dipped his head in respect to the leader, then returned his attention to the pale pelted to-be. she had taken on a crouched position, showing the older two cats how she both respected, and feared them, and also acknowledging that she was greatly outmatched when it came to superiority and age. swantail respected the grey tribe cat, even though he'd only exchanged a few sentences with him. he seemed brave and capable, and the white tom saw a grace in his eyes that his own green eyes reflected.

indent"indeed we are," he meowed to the younger cat. "but I'm afraid insulting our warriors won't make them happy about it. I am in no place to punish you, or tell you that what you've done is wrong, but I will say that sandstar has allowed you to stay here. we have our own way of life, one very different from yours. all we ask is that you respect us, and we will show you the same courtesy."

━ ━━━━ DUST THAT RISES
      ( feeling ) cautious, annoyed ( tagged ) stoneteller, swantail ( words ) 385
        indentdust smiled triumphantly as the large clan warrior padded away. that smile, however, disappeared when the figure of stoneteller made its way over the ridge and towards the white clan tom. instinctively, her body dropped into a crouch, and she stared at the ground. her tail lashed nervously, but she tried to keep her voice and face cool. her own fear scent filled her nostrils, and she snorted in annoyance. they wouldn't do anything drastic like kick her out of camp, would they?

indentthe two older cats nodded to each other, and anger flared up in dust's chest, making her hackles rise. stoneteller did not have to lower himself to the clan tom. he was a proud leader, so why stoop down to his level? even though dust was unsure of the white cat's status, stoneteller was a leader. this cat was not, as sandstar took that position. so why did he not say something like, "oh stoneteller, you don't have to show respect to me! you are just so magnificent I can't handle it! oh dear me!" dust tried to imagine the scenario in her head, but the only one she could imagine saying something like that was herself.

indentrather than stoneteller speaking, as dust had expected, the clan cat spoke in his gentle tone. it irritated her. she was not a kit that needed to be coddled. dust tried to control her emotions, so as not to make a fool of herself, but the fur on the back of her neck that she had just managed to smooth down stood on end again. she was a fierce warrior, and here this cat was treating her like a helpless kitten. rage burned within her mind, but she managed to force her features to remain neutral.

indent"stoneteller," she greeted, dipping her head low to the dust covered earth below. how did that white tom know I had insulted that big warrior? she thought incredulously. he must spend hours just practicing listening, otherwise his hearing would not be so sharp. this cat obviously spent more time listening to others rather than speaking. he was a higher up. he should be giving orders, not listening to others do it for him.

indent"well he certainly didn't respect me or my tribe at all!" she spat, angrily but quietly.
roman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ . refuge

Postby Nightsent » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:04 pm

BADGERNOSE
indent his breath comes out in huffs as he chases after the freshkill, gaining on it little by little. come on, you mouse-brain! you've gone faster than this! and so, he pushes himself harder, until the tiny creature is right at my paws. with one swift pounce, i pin it down. "well how about that?" i ask sandstar rhetorically, giving her a goofy grin. as swift as possible without letting it escape, i kill the groundhog. a swift claw to the back of the neck is all it takes.
indent "to be honest, i was expecting a little more challenge," i tell the leader, before picking it up in my jaws and laying it behind a shrub, in the hole i had dug out earlier this moon. it is well hidden, in my opinion, with many layers of stone slab covering it, followed by some tumbleweed and a thick shrub. it had taken me hours to make it look natural, and i'm not always convinced that it was worth it.
indent "i sometimes keep extra food down here in case of emergencies," badgernose explains to sandstar, "like if we were to ever run out of food! i suppose this occasion is close enough." he says, leaving the groundhog in the hole. "let's do a bit more hunting then come back to this? we can use whatever i have stored up here! those poor cats could use it." then, he turns back toward her, the smile on his face as egoistic and smug as ever.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
﹙ badgernose ﹚ ﹙ around 40 moons ﹚ ﹙ tom ﹚ ﹙ camp ﹚ ﹙ sandstar ﹚ ﹙ 571 words ﹚

MISTLEAF
indent xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
﹙ mistleaf ﹚ ﹙ 28 moons ﹚ ﹙ molly ﹚ ﹙ in camp ﹚ ﹙ spottedhawk, falconpaw, dust, squirrelfoot ﹚ ﹙ words ﹚

LILYPAW
indent xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
﹙ lilypaw ﹚ ﹙ 10 moons ﹚ ﹙ molly ﹚ ﹙ in camp ﹚ ﹙ dapplesong ﹚ ﹙ words ﹚
Nightsent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes