━━━ ✧ // all the other kids. a warriors rp. OPEN!!!! ◜

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

━━━ ✧ // all the other kids. a warriors rp. OPEN!!!! ◜

Postby deftonesly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:07 am

────────────── LL THE OTHER KIDS !!───────────────
dawnclan has been forced to move homes because of a devastating fire. after many moons of traveling,
they have come across a quaint little clan in the mountains by the name of fogclan. while dawnclan trie
s to seek refuge within the opposing clan's home, is seems as though fogclan has something to hide, a
s certain cats preform supernatural abilities when they think nobody is watching . .

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Last edited by deftonesly on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━━ ✧ // the law. ◜

Postby deftonesly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:09 am

───────────ITH THE PUMPED KICKS !!────────────

┌────────────────────────────────────────────┐

first of all, thanks for taking a look over these! one. of course, follow nick and tess' rules two. be active, don't join and then never
post! after seven days of absence, you will be removed. please notify me if you are going away for a while. three. please pm me to
reserve any cat. once i accept your reserve, you may post on the discussion thread. four. disable signatures on both threads to ke
ep everything tidy! five. keep posts neat, have nicely coded forms. you don't have to be the best coder, but keep the forms easy t
o read! six. no unrealistic names please. you can have as many characters as you can handle. seven. this is a semi-lit roleplay, so
write at least two solid paragraphs per cat; it is not that hard! there is not set word count this time; as long as you can write well
and keep the two paragraphs rule in mind, we won't have a problem. also, keep typos on a down low. also be aware of the seaso
n and time of day when posting! eight. all sexualities welcome. nine. all ooc and forms go on the discussion; nothing out of cha
racter is to go here. ten. make everyone feel welcome! tag each other! no one wants to be left out, on the discuss and off. eleve
n.
reserves last five days. please get basics up your feline's/felines' basics up within 48 hours!

└────────────────────────────────────────────┘
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━━ ✧ // where we live. ◜

Postby deftonesly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:20 am

────────OU BETTER RUN, BETTER RUN!!──────────

┌───────────────────────────────────────┐

fogclan rests at the very base of a mountain, surrounded by forest. their camp is nestled within several fallen tree
s: moss and vines often grow on the fallen trees, acting as a sort of shelter. each den is located inside a fallen tree
, with the nursery having a thick patch of brambles before it and the leader's den right beside a boulder where he/
he calls for meetings: the tall stone. outside of the clan camp is a nearby stream; follow it to the north, and it will
lead you up the mountain to a waterfall fogclan uses as its moonpool. follow the stream south, and it will get dee
per and eventually lead you to a large lake. across the stream is where fogclan's hunting and training grounds lay
in an open field. rocks act as stepping stones across the stream. the field is prime hunting grounds for rabbits, vo
les, shrews, hares, and mice. fogclan cats are particularly experienced with stealth, giving them an advantage at h
unting for such things. cats are also at danger within the field, for bald eagles, golden hawks, and foxes scour the
field often. the open trees of the forest bless fogclan with many species of bird to prey on, and the occasional squ
irrel, though cats must keep an eye out for all types of owls. and, lastly, as its name suggests, fogclan's home is al
ways covered with a thick veil of fog every evening in green-leaf and leaf-fall. the fogclanners have adapted to thi
s and see very well during these times. in fact, their vision is so good in the fog that their eyes are almost to the p
oint of being abnormal.

└───────────────────────────────────────┘
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━━ ✧ // fog thrives in your blindspot. ◜

Postby deftonesly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:24 am

────────────────UTRUN MY GUN !!─────────────────

fogclan leader
stormstar // ♀ // age // artemịs

deputy
dogface // ♀ // 41 // em

medicine cat
cloudcatcher // ♀ // 32 // tracer

med cat apprentice
smokepaw // ♀ // 9 // vulpes

warriors (6/9)
crookedbreath // ♂ // 67 // my dear
larkheart // ♀ // 29 // birch
lightstream // ♀ // 29 // avocet
nightfang // ♂ // 59 // animal
peonystep // ♀ // 32 // fievel
ternclaw // ♂ // 68 // vulpes
name // ♂ ♀ // age // roleplayer
xxxxxxx
apprentices (3/5)
wiltpaw // ♀ // 12 // artemịs
grizzlypaw // ♂ // 9 // comrade
rushpaw // ♀ // 13 // stars

elders (0/2)

queens (1/3)
& kits (0/6) (must have moms)

hollowwhisper // ♀ // 29 // my dear
name // ♀ // age // roleplayer
↳ name // ♂ ♀ // age // roleplayer
xxxxxxx
mentorship
crookedbreath trains wiltpaw.
larkheart trains grizzlypaw.
peonystep trains rushpaw.

kinship
smokepaw and nettlepaw = sibs.
wiltpaw's mom is dogface.

mates & crushes
name crushes on name
name is mates with name

outsiders (1/3)
blaze // ♂ // 34 // animal
Last edited by deftonesly on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:43 am, edited 72 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━━ ✧ // our light shall extinguish the dark. ◜

Postby deftonesly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:27 am

─────────────LL THE OTHER KIDS !!──────────────

dawnclan leader
emberstar // ♂ // 45 // fievel

deputy
swanbreeze // ♂ // 39 // sleepy

medicine cat
silvermoon // ♀ // 37 // animal

med cat apprentice
snowpaw // ♀ // 10 // my dear

warriors (4/8)
rosewhisker // ♂ // 34 // vulpes
ebonycry // ♂ // 24 // my dear
stoneheart // ♂ // 34 // tracer
mangledfoot // ♀ // 28 // comrade
xxxxxx
apprentices (2/5)
littlepaw // ♂ // 11 // em
robinpaw // ♀ // 8 // birch

elders (0/2)

queens (0/2)
& kits (0/6) (must have moms)

xxxxxx
mentorship
swanbreeze trains littlepaw.
ebonycry trains robinpaw.

kinship
kin is kin to name.

mates & crushes
name crushes on name.
name is mates with name.

outsiders (1/3)
ivy // ♂ // 24 // avocet
Last edited by deftonesly on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:42 am, edited 76 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━━ ✧ // fogclan's secrets. ◜

Postby deftonesly » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:33 am

───────────ITH THE PUMPED KICKS !!────────────

fogclan harbors several cats with un
natural abilities. all of fogclan knows
of the cats' abilities, but can they kee
p a secret? after all, everything will co
me to light eventually
or so you think.
MY FUR IS
LIKE FLAMES
(cat's fur often flickers like
fire when they experience
strong emotion, fur can al
so be hot to the touch.)
wiltpaw is played by artemịs

NOW YOU SEE ME
NOW YOU DON'T
(cat can teleport short distances
in the matter of a split second. i
f the cat teleports a long distanc
e, they may get fatigued. if the c
at teleports many times in a day
, they may get fatigued.)
dogface is played by em

I KNOW WHAT
YOU THINK
(siblings that have telepathi
c abilities. they may choose
to read your thoughts at any
given time. they can not con
trol your mind, just rather k
now what you're thinking.)
blank is played by blank
smokepaw is played by flying fox
WHAT DOES THE
FUTURE HOLD ?
(cat receives visions of the
future. the future is always
changing so the cat doesn't
always know if the vision th
ey receive will take place. v
isions are not frequent and
can cause headaches.)
rushpaw is played by stars

ISN'T TWO
BETTER THAN ONE ?
(cat can duplicate themself for
short periods of time. they can
only have two of themselves ou
t at once for a span of thirty mi
nutes - if any longer cat will ex
perience exhaustion.)
nightfang is played by animal

I'LL MAKE YOU
GROW
(cat can cause plants to grow in
any area. making small shrubber
y grow is easy to them, but to m
ake a tree grow, per se, takes co
ncentration and causes fatigue.)
cloudcatcher is played by tracer
Last edited by deftonesly on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 16 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━━ ✧ // open the gates. ◜

Postby deftonesly » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:59 am

─────────────────E ARE OPEN!!───────────────────

we are open! pm reserves and post forms on the discussion thread.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━━ ✧ // i, the beast. i, the sun. ◜

Postby deftonesly » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:56 am

--.-( ` -- OGFACE ! )
-----age. 41 m--rank. fog deputy--located. warriors' den ; leader's den--tagged. stormstar--words. 3,595
----━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━
    blacktuft gazed up at the waning sunlight, her tail-tip flicking anxiously and her orange eyes round with worry. stagheart━a massive giant that had the kindest of hearts━had taken her children out of camp just after dawn to explore fogclan's territory. of course, it was against the warrior code . . but her mate, being so favored in the clan, could do just about anything without getting in trouble; where was the harm in taking lightkit and wiltkit out and showing them the rounds before their apprentice ceremony the next day? reluctantly, the black-and-white queen had relented and sent the three of them off with nuzzles and licks and purrs. she had known that she would see them all soon around sunhigh, but for some reason she had been wary, bestowing upon each of them a shower of affection. she thought it was trivial and stupid that she was nervous as she looked up at the blazing sun; it was dipping below the tree line, marking sundown. fogclan's neck of the forest wasn't massive, and would not take long to explore. ( with the cats within it having supernatural abilities, including blacktuft herself, the clan had to be closed off and not well-renowned. ) so what is taking them so long? blacktuft wondered, getting to her paws to pace before the bramble-shrouded nursery. her belly swung beneath her━because it was still loose from the birth and her lack of exercise━while she twisted and turned in tight, fretful circles. as it did, her worry increased, and she flattened her ears and lifted her orange gaze to watch the tree line some more. her extra weight was a painful reminder of her little ones, and made her want them back . . . just want them back for one last night before they became apprentices and parted from her belly fur forever.

indent she paced until it was nearly twilight, and at that point . . it became clear to her that something was wrong. that her family was in trouble. stagheart was businesslike, like herself, so he would never allow the three of them to dillydally for so long. not when he had his easily-made-anxious mate to return to. something must have happened! blacktuft's inner conscience snapped at her, forcing her to stop in her pacing and study the darkening camp. you're right. it's up to me to go find out what is going on, if no one else will! the queen thought. straightening her back, erecting her tail, and squaring her shoulders, she darted out of camp before any cat could notice. and by "darting" . . she teleported with all of her might out of the camp, focusing on a lightning-scarred oak tree just outside the entrance. in an instant, she was no longer standing in the quiet camp but was outside of it and in the forest with the noisy insects, the chatter of unseen prey-creatures. she thought nothing of the movement, just was glad that she could use it to reach stagheart and her kits faster. blacktuft swiveled her round head about, pricking her ears to the point of pain and dilating her pupils in order to see. the wood was streaked with the purple shadows of twilight━it was caught somewhere between sundown and midnight, you see━and each tree was bathed in the eerie, ghostly, almost ethereal glow. she tried to remember where stagheart would have gone . . where he said he was going to be taking lightkit and wiltkit . . but she could not recall. you can't teleport if you don't have an exact location in mind, you fool! she cursed at herself inwardly as she unsheathed her claws and began to knead the dark earth beneath them.

indent it was then that she heard a growl of a large animal . . and it was close. the guttural sound was quickly followed suit by a screeching, high-pitched caterwaul that made blacktuft's blood turn cold and her ears paste themselves against her head in a sudden realization.
    that creature. i need to follow its noise. and is that wiltkit's voice? something was nagging at her and the fur on the back of her neck . . saying that whatever was beyond the shrubbery was the reason why her small family had not come home to her. she had no idea where she was going or where the terrible noises of cat and beast were coming from . . so she just sped off in the direction where she had originally heard the growl. she was surprisingly fast━her paws deft and swift━despite being in the nursery for well over the six moons that her kits had been alive. teleportation or no teleportation, the mother hurtled along through the darkening forest with great purpose, her orange eyes wide and her heart thudding erratically in her chest. she streaked through the underbrush, a black form with scattered white patches. she was oblivious to all the creatures she startled out of their wits and all the vegetation she plowed down into the ground. her tongue flew from her maw like a canine's would; her legs went numb due to the speed at which they ate up the ground; her mind was scattered, the only thoughts that surfaced being ones of overpowering fear and insurmountable dread.

indent please let them be okay, please let them be okay, please let them ━her pleading thoughts came to a sudden halt and her mind blanched when she came in sight of a hulking brown form beyond a patch of ferns. its stocky, muscle-bound body was illuminated in the light of the moon, as were its yellow teeth, great paws that could crush a feline's head, and salivating maw that seemed to bleed spittle. it was . . a dog. a dog. she had never heard of the creature━which had, until now, been nightmare fuel for kittens' tales━coming so far into the wood! surely it was wild and a stray. she skidded to a rather ungraceful stop, spraying leaf litter and dirt every which way. blacktuft cowered behind the ferns, shaking with fear and rage, out of sight of the monster, which had not seemed to have noticed her yet. she gazed up at it with orange eyes so wide that they were outlined in thick bands of white . . with a pelt bristling so much that it looked like she had just been tossed into a bundle of thistles. blacktuft swore that she would never forget those damning brown eyes, lit with ire and a hunger for blood. and she also swore that she would never forget the smell of the brown beast. it reeked of rot and mold and death and . . was that . . the sweet scent of stagheart that was coming from its pelt? the even sweeter, milky scent of her children? blacktuft, half-crazed with terror, did something incredibly stupid and brave then: she showed herself. the queen rocketed out from behind the ferns and shot into the clearing that the monster towered in. nothing could have prepared her for what was beyond the vegetation . . but the scent of death and lifeblood clued her into something. oh, great starclan. what has happened here?

indent there they lay, each of their bodies surrounded in quickly spreading pools of lifeblood and tufts of fur. blacktuft's finicky, panicked gaze landed first on stagheart; her eyes roved over his broad muzzle, hanging wide open, and his yellow eyes, which were glazed over in shock, as if he could not believe his own death. while he seemed to have died violently, lightkit━her dear, precious lightkit with his bubbly personality and pale eyes━seemed to have died peacefully. he was curled up on the far side of the clearing, neck clearly and savagely broken. but his paws were arranged in a manner that permitted blacktuft the smallest of glimmers of hope that he was alive. however, she knew, rationally, that even a strong kit such as him could not have survived an encounter with the nearby monster's fangs. the metallic odor of blood tainted the air, stifling everything and clogging the queen's senses to the point that she was dizzy with the sight and smell of it. in the darkness of twilight, she could not fully take in the horror of the scene, which she was grateful for . . but she saw enough. saw enough to arch her back in paralyzing fear . . saw enough to feel her gut churn . . saw enough to choke on a sob that was intent on making its way from her maw to her now glistening eyes. this . . this can't be happening. stagheart! lightkit! please wake up! she inwardly yowled at them. she was unable to speak, so afraid and disbelieving she was. how could things have gone so wrong? how could she not have been there? her head spun, tears streamed down her face, the lifeblood puddles crept closer, and the brown being growled from above, having spotted her with its beady black eyes.

indent and then she realized that she was missing one important factor. then she realized that there was one body that was not present. wilt kit! where is my daughter? blacktuft swung her head from side to side, orange eyes scanning the forest for any sign of her black pelt . . so similar in color and texture to hers. it was then that she locked eyes on a blur coming into focus behind the monster. there was a glint of luminous eyes, a flash of teeth . . and then wiltkit was daringly, idiotically, flying from the underbrush and raking her claws along the monster's hindquarters. she looked terribly injured, with blood matting her fluffy pelt, and yet still she was trying to avenge her father and brother and fight for survival. the queen stood frozen, unable to move, as the beast turned from her to face the kit. when the dog's teeth flashed dangerously close to her baby's face . . when she heard an explosive snarl reverberate from its bloodied maw, it was then and only then that the molly was spurred into movement. blacktuft bounded across the clearing with the speed of a hare . . her wobbly legs given fresh strength at the sight of the demon bearing down upon her child. screeching at the top of her lungs to get the dog's attention, blacktuft pounced onto its grimy, hairy back. "you shall not harm my daughter!" she sank her claws deep into the creature's pelt, feeling a rush of sadistic delight as blood instantly welled up to meet them. "this is for stagheart and lightkit! you shall pay for what you have done with every last drop of your foul blood!" sobbing and bellowing hysterically until even she could not make sense of the words that spilled from her mouth, blacktuft continued to cling onto the monster with all she was worth. there was only a cold, hard ball of fury coiling up in her belly; the howls for mercy of the dog; the blood that spurted from beneath her feet and wildly snapping teeth; and wiltkit's terrified, shocked wailing.

indent boldly, the queen lurched for the dog's ear, and just when her teeth were grazing it, the animal beneath her seemed to realize how unbalanced she was. it twisted its head around and snapped at her, its grisly fangs making contact with her face and running themselves along her jaw before she could pull away in time. blacktuft caterwauled in agony and plopped from the dog's back to the forest floor, but she did not stay down for long, since the monster still seemed intent on going after wiltkit. shaking dust and leaves from her pelt and drawing a paw across her crazily bleeding jawline, the black-and-white tore━teleported━around the dog. in the blink of an eye and with a slight fizzling noise, blacktuft was crouched over her daughter. another blink, and she was securely in her jaws and she was teleporting back to the rim of the clearing. the dog was utterly bemused; its teeth clicked together in the exact spot where wiltkit just was. its massive head lifted and tilted and its brown eyes were wide with confusion. but the queen wasn't about to give it anymore time to establish what had happened. still clutching wiltkit close to her chest with her fluffy scruff gripped tight in her mouth, she stole one last glance at stagheart and lightkit. they were still unresponsive . . on-lookers to the brutal fight that had just ensued. their fur rippled in the mountainous night air━almost made them look like they were breathing. she quickly pushed aside the thought, closing her orange eyes as one last tear━the last she swore she would ever shed━slipped from the cornea of one of them. achy, bloody, bruised, grief-stricken, and about ready to collapse in shock, still the mother bounded from the clearing and raced home on foot, as it was far too long of a hike to teleport. the dog did not follow but did bay in frustration, dumb as a rock as it was, and she never saw it again. she also never looked back. never looked back to the place where she had lost the love of her life and one of her beautiful children . . to the place where she had been transformed for good, and not for the better.

indent it was in that moment that she became━

indent dogface awoke from her nightmare soundlessly and with a slow opening of sleep-crusted orbs. she was sweaty around the ruff of her neck, but that was all, much to the esteemed deputy's pleasure. for the first few days after the━how could she put it?━incident, she had awoken choking on quiet sobs and drenched in sweat. on one occasion, she had wailed━for a tomcat and a kit that she had lost forever. now, she had hardened. she no longer wept . . no longer snatched at something that was not attainable and could never be returned to her: half of her family. she had grown sensible, strong . . wiser, most definitely. she had broken down only a few times since the incident, and those few times had been far more than enough. dogface had sensed her clanmates' pity . . the sorrow in their gazes for a queen that had lost almost everything in a single night. and she, seeing this and feeling humiliated by it and her own actions, had marched up to stormstar and demanded a name change. she had been adamant about a name she had been considering since she had fled with wiltkit. dogface. the most perfect name to symbolize her hatred━and fear, because, let us face it: the poor molly had a terrible phobia of all things canines now━for the brown dog, as well as the long scar on her jaw from its fangs. the very fangs that had taken stagheart and lightkit. amazingly, dogface, as soon as she had reluctantly been given her new name, turned over a new leaf and became a new cat. she began to work harder than ever before; she abandoned her surviving daughter, wiltkit, for reasons she had not understood then. however, now she did understand. she had left her because she had wanted to better herself ( she still did ) . . and also because she was selfish. dogface knew that her daughter, now wiltpaw, saw her as some sort of heartless monster. maybe she even held her at the same position as the dog, now? dogface could not deny that she was happy with the possibility. that was what she wanted: to not be seen as weak; to be seen as powerful and a new molly after a tragic event; to show off how fiercely one could move on if they put their mind to it. and if she was to be compared to a creature as horrifying as a dog for that, then, well, so be it. let them hate and degrade . . so long as they fear.

indent her long days of honing her telepathic skills, hunting, and sparring against the thickest of tree trunks had paid off just recently, to her extreme delight. stormstar had noticed her at last, had seen how hardworking she was . . . so she gave her a place in the clan that blacktuft never could have obtained without dogface's help. the rank of deputy. it was said that the sleekly-furred black-and-white cherished her rank more than her own daughter . . but that was of little importance to her. wiltkit had been a part of blacktuft's, stagheart's, and lightkit's lives. they were gone. now there was wiltpaw and dogface━and they were strangers to each other. she didn't mind that, though. at least now wiltpaw was her mentor's problem . . and if she died, it would not be blamed on her or cause her any pain. that was her thinking. if she pushed away everyone closest to her, she would never have to go through that terrible mourning period where all she could do was sob, stay in the den, and endure everyone's sorrowful stares. dogface thought that her tactic had worked, because her clanmates feared her now . . some, hated her. the latter was the majority, and it included her daughter; she knew from the glares she tossed at her and her unwillingness to follow her orders. but she didn't care, for she had gotten everything she could have possibly wanted out of the unfortunate incident. she had gotten power, recognition, and, above all . . her teleportation abilities had gotten stronger a tenfold. it truly is all i ever could've wanted. and now without wiltpaw in the way . . there is nothing to stop me or hold me back. i have no ties, no reason to cry. my kin is just an ordinary face in a sea of fogclan faces. let that be remembered and celebrated.

indent dogface had been laying in her nest in the center of the warriors' den with her head on her feet, staring at the light that was brightening and filtering into the tree-den. she had just . . been thinking. it was something she got to do a lot, which was amazing, considering her position. but she was so silent and spared no expenses for social interaction unless for the good of the clan . . so once the duties of the day were done she retired for quiet time either in here or in the wood. sometimes it was a good thing, sometimes a bad thing, living inside her own brain all the time. the black-and-white slowly unfurled herself from her nest, body moving a bit stiffly and then fluidly once she went about her morning wake-up routine. she looked like a frond of bracken uncoiling itself after a long winter. the deputy sat in her nest and groomed her short, stubby whiskers and the downy fur she knew was sticking up every which way. once that was checked off of her morning routine, dogface rose and stretched each of her muscular legs in turn, sighing in content as her muscles crackled and her joints shifted and popped. yawning softly so as not to disturb the bundles of warm fur around her, she tiptoed to the fallen tree's moss-covered den entrance, sticking her owl-like head out of the moss to take a look around.

indent she was not surprised with the scene before her. she was one of the first ones up on this foggy, chilly morning. well, first fogclanner, at least. two dawnclanners━cats of the other clan that had blundered into their camp the night prior . . cats whom were probably leader and deputy━waited at the edge of the camp, almost expectantly. i don't believe stormstar told them that we would be holding a meeting . . but i suppose it is sensible: to discuss where we should go from here. if the dawnclan deputy is present, then i should probably be, too. seeing as stormstar isn't even awake, yet, though, it is my duty to rouse her. keeping one gleaming orange eye on the dawnclanners the entire time, dogface retreated her round head back into the den. then, closing her eyes, she envisioned her leader's den. in a heartbeat and what seemed to be a crackle of . . electricity, she was inside of it, standing above her mottled superior. she watched the thickly-furred female slumber and did not wake her just yet; she shook her head and scoffed under her breath at stormstar. any cat would think that she was a fogclan warrior, considering her sleeping habits━not the head of the mighty clan. if i had her position, i wouldn't even know what sleep meant. i would be up in the morning, up in the evening . . and probably would never be in this blasted den. as gently as she could, because she was her leader and she was sleeping and dogface did not want to give stormstar a heart attack, the deputy prodded her in the ribs. she hissed at her, "stormstar. time to wake up. the leader and deputy of the . . . other clan are waiting outside, like they want to meet with us. did you tell them that we were going to?" she said "we" easily . . like even if the dawnclanners had just wanted her, she would have come anyway.

--.-( ` -- ITTLEPAW ! )
-----age. 11 m--rank. dawn app--located. makeshift den--tagged. swanbreeze ; rosewhisker--words. 2,519
----━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━
    as littlepaw slept, he dreamed, almost inevitably, of the fire that had ravaged his world. but that was a selfish pattern of thinking: the flames had scorched all of dawnclan with death, blood, loss, and sorrow . . not just him. he had lost nothing to the burning trees, soot-heaped earth, and cinder-speckled air. it pained him to know that merely his paws were hurting from all of their traveling . . . while others' hearts were in far worse pain. his family members had long since died, moons ago: his father, shrubfoot, had met his match at the fangs of a poisonous snake not long after his birth. his mother, minnowtail, to a bought of whitecough that ultimately killed her and his siblings: moosekit and pikekit. it was a miracle that the tiny brindle-faced cat had survived the harsh winter full of coughing and rattling lungs and puffy eyes. he had been the smallest in the litter━hence his name: littlepaw━so it had come as a shock to all that he had lived through such impossible odds. the fact that he even existed still hit him hard today and made him feel guilty, yet also filled him with extreme gratefulness and love towards starclan. he often couldn't help but think that, if anyone, moosekit and pikekit━kin he never got to meet━deserved to live. not him, the runt. but here the chubby, femininely-built cat was . . still trucking along despite all of the sickness and grief and flames life had literally thrown at him. littlepaw wished that his family was still alive and missed them something awful . . but he had discovered his purpose in life, just recently. and that purpose kept him busy and his head turned away from the shadows of his past. littlepaw was to act as a light in the darkness for his clanmates. they needed a light more than ever, as he had realized on their journey. since he had not lost a family member, a love interest, or━starclan forbid━a child to the fire, he figured that it was in his best interest to help others with their grief. after all, he had been there himself: grieving all alone with no shoulder to cry on but his own. he wanted to be that shoulder for anyone that needed it. he wanted to be that shoulder more than anything.

indent and it is what you shall be, his inner conscience whispered to him as he stood in the miasma of his latest dream. this "dream" was featured in dawnclan's burning forest. it was like he had been transported back into time and was viewing the horror of that fateful night━hearing it━all over again. the whisper faded and was droned out of his mind by the crackling and popping of brittle branches overhead and the screeches of his clanmates. the tom's dark turquoise orbs scanned the blazing forest; every bit of the undergrowth was aflame, and there were silhouettes of cats running every which way. or just the silhouettes of bodies that had long since given up trying to outrun the heat. his heart was bursting in fear; his long, sleek pelt was warm and sweat dribbled down it in waves; and all he was doing was standing still in an area of the forest miraculously unscathed. in that moment there was a loud groaning, and in that moment the lapping, hungry flames reached a tree branch directly above littlepaw's head. his gaze snapped up from where it had been following the form of one of his clanmates; whomever it was was dragging its burned body through the wood, wailing miserably. littlepaw's feet were glued to the hot forest floor, so there was no escape. he parted his maw and yowled━though no noise came?━as the tree branch broke and toppled toward him, pelted in a halo of fire and ash. it seemed to move with a painful amount of slowness, but right when its branches were closing in━right when he felt the heat of the flames singe his whiskers━the apprentice awoke.

indent now, littlepaw was lazy. incredibly. but he had never been so happy to have been aroused from his slumber in his life, no matter how rude the awakening. he was met with a soft, fluffy paw being shoved into his face, and, for a moment, he freaked. he jumped, but kept his eyes closed tight with his fear of the dream. had the nightmare come to life and was the tree hitting him? had it somehow gotten . . softer and more cat-like? but no: it was swanbreeze, the calico's gray-faced mentor and deputy. this he gathered━before he even opened his eyes━by the great tomcat's sigh. he had heard that sigh a lot in the past three moons . . mostly when he slacked off or wandered away from training sessions or hunts. but this time it was different, and definitely laced with more sympathy than it was in training. littlepaw did not open his eyes, as he was conscious of swanbreeze standing directly above him . . and did not want to be dragged from his nest if his mentor saw that he was awake. he chanced a swift glance up at the shaggily-furred brute as his sky-blue eyes scanned the den; they flew closed when he came to look at his apprentice again. then swanbreeze did something unexpected . . and littlepaw had not seen it coming because of how hard he was trying to look asleep. the deputy leaned over so that his curly whiskers brushed along one of littlepaw's round cheeks, whispering in a low, affection-filled voice, "i think your eyes could use some more sleep, littlepaw." the calico cat quivered inwardly at the words and then outwardly when his mentor left him, sliding from the den with a pattering of paws and a crackle of bramble. it had been a long time since some cat had spoken to him like that. he had never had a father . . . had never met shrubfoot . . . so swanbreeze was about as close to a sire as he could ever get. and he was not complaining, especially after the kind and adoring words just uttered to him. how amazing it felt to be loved! this . . he scarcely ever felt, seeing as he wasted a lot of his time and feelings on helping others. ( well, he felt loved quite a lot. it was undeniable that the stocky, short apprentice was revered throughout the clan. but nothing compared to the love of a parent, and no amount of popularity could do it justice. )

indent the mottled-faced tomcat, once positive that swanbreeze was gone, cautiously opened his eyes and sat up. ah, he was still here. "here" being one of the dens in the fogclan camp. after a moon or so of searching for a home and finding locations either inhabited or too small to support the clan, the dawnclanners had come across a quaint mountainous group of cats not unlike themselves. fogclan. their welcome had not been the kindest . . for the cats of the mysterious little clan seemed to have something on their minds and something seething just beneath their pelts. dawnclan had only arrived yesterday evening in the dead darkness of the night, but littlepaw would never forget the multi-colored gazes━yellows, oranges, greens, blues━that had glowed with hostility and suspicion at him and his clanmates. he had a bit of a strange feeling about this entire thing. but he was glad and grateful that fogclan's leader━stormstar━had given them a place to stay: an empty, sorry excuse of a den that had no nests and not nearly enough space to accommodate its residents. not one dawnclanner had asked questions, for everyone had been so tired━and still mentally scorched by the fire━that they had all flopped to the earth in heaps. but now, littlepaw knew━for he himself had many questions, concerns, and fears━inquiries were brewing as cats stirred. undoubtedly, pansystar and stormstar would be bombarded with questions and yowls for order. it was only a matter of time.

indent even though littlepaw had nervous fire ants crawling throughout his pelt, he could not deny his fascination with fogclan . . . his curiosity with them. where had they come from? were there other clans out there or were they the only ones? he supposed that there had to be many, considering the length of the warrior code and the tales of lionclan, tigerclan . . and so forth. but why were these cats not being welcoming? sure, the dawnclanners were intruders . . but one would think that one of the fogclanners━aside from a higher-ranked cat━would at least come say hello. littlepaw didn't know about them, but he was simultaneously excited and fearful to be here. meeting another clan was exciting, and something he had never dreamed of! the least their newfound friends could do was talk to them, but no other fogclanners besides stormstar and his deputy━a scary, mostly-black molly whose name he did not yet know━had addressed them yesterday. what could they possibly be hiding that was so bad that they saw everything as a threat? dawnclan was in shambles . . its cats weakened and scared. they posed no threat. so why were their oh-so-hospitable companions treating them as if they had the mange? littlepaw had no clue how to respond to these questions, but he did want answers, and from a reliable source. i don't mind waiting to find out everything. and i certainly don't mind approaching some fogclanners and asking what's up. or finding information out myself. but i will not find out anything if i just sit here. maybe if i move to the mouth of the den i can find out what's going on . . . ? he thought as he peeled his furry body━which was damp with sweat from his nightmare━from the ground and shook out his mass of fur. not taking the time to groom himself, as he was too lazy and indifferent towards the task at this point, he ambled across the den's bare floor. twigs stuck out of his hairy pelt and leaves clung to his forehead and various other areas, but he was nonchalant about them. the calico danced around his sleeping clanmates, clumsily almost stepping on a few tails and limbs but mostly just dragging his feathery tail across whomever it encountered.

indent puffing, he at last crossed the short distance between his spot and the den entrance. it had taken him a bit of time, when the small space of the den was taken into consideration. looking back, he realized with amusement that the space where he had been was already invaded. a clanmate━he could not see who, exactly━had rolled into it during its sleep, somehow aware of the open space. returning his attention to the prickly wall of brambles before him━that had weak dawn light streaking between the gaps in the branches━littlepaw dropped onto his belly and folded his legs into a crouch. he shoved a gap in the prickle-adorned bramble tendrils until it was just good enough for his wide face to fit in and for his paws to peep out. though he did not do the best of jobs in looking inconspicuous, the calico couldn't care less; it seemed that it would not be much longer before his questions were answered anyway. hopefully, a meeting would be held by the leaders of both clans. swanbreeze was crossing the camp clearing to speak with pansystar, who must have gotten up far before everyone else to discuss with stormstar what the clans should do next. naive as littlepaw was, it was not that hard to figure out what the cats were doing. he observed his siamese leader and his gray-faced mentor from afar for a while longer before the frightening fogclan deputy, and stormstar, slid into view from a fallen tree.

indent littlepaw was confused by the presence of the deputy in what had to be the leader's den, as, usually, the deputy shared a den with the warriors. he could have sworn that he had not seen the black-and-white cat exit one of the other tree-dens to enter her leader's . . but perhaps he was just thinking too much and she had slipped in there earlier. he watched the pairs of two greet one another and then sit beneath a towering stone by the leader's den to talk in its shade. littlepaw quickly got bored with the entire thing; watching cats talk was no fun! so he studied his surroundings, took in the camp that he had not been able to see very well last night. his clanmates had found themselves in a relatively large clearing. dens of fallen trees were scattered around the rim of the clearing, and each had moss dangling carefully over their entrances. one, which he supposed was the nursery, had a screen of brambles before it. the den he and his clanmates were in was not a proper one, for it was just outside the clearing and was more like the boundary wall. littlepaw wasn't complaining about where he had slept, despite the creaking noise that his neck kept making. a tree-den seemed rather drafty and inefficient, anyway. faint dawn light━choked by fog━filtered down between the trees to greet his turquoise eyes and warm his pelt . . thus concluding his thinking. a tree-den was far too dank for the likes of him!

indent still bored out of his mind and waiting for something interesting to happen, the apprentice busied himself. he plucked a leaf from where it had toppled from his forehead and landed beside his eye. he tossed it to the side, and was then startled by the voice of a male from behind him. "good morning," came said voice, and when littlepaw whipped around he was met with the sandy-brown face and green eyes of a tomcat named rosewhisker. quickly, since the male wasn't moving off to leave and since he wanted someone to confide in, littlepaw jumped at the chance to yap. he chirped a bit too loudly, "rosewhisker! how nice of you to stop by!" he heard a "shh" from the back of the shelter, and he momentarily flattened his tiny ears out of sheepishness, lowered his eyes to study his paws. then he was right back at it once he was sure he could keep his volume low. the brindle hissed at rosewhisker, "greetings! sleep well? well, i did. i slept about as soundly as a rock! anyway, swanbreeze just left to talk with pansystar, stormstar . . . and that creepy, evil-looking she-cat. she gives me the willies." littlepaw rambled, nodding his head toward the assembled felines with a mocking shudder. "i wonder what will happen next and where we will go from here? do you think we are going to join this fogclan or stay apart and divide up their territory? or maybe we will even leave this place? i think we'll split up, but i'm not sure! oh, this is all so exciting!"
Last edited by deftonesly on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 15 times in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━━ ✧ // one. ◜

Postby fire, » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:23 am

'' ( ❀ ━ PANSYSTAR ! ) ''
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( thirty moons ) • ( molly ) • ( dawnclan leader ) • ( makeshift den // leader's den ) • ( swanbreeze )

pansystar found herself walking through a dark, desolate place. the siamese molly got a sudden chill down her spine, scared for a moment that she was placed in the dark forest. but there were no gnarled trees, malicious eyes watching her, or even the slightest, desperate yowl. pansystar was in a dark, empty place with no way out. the only thing she could hear was the thumping of her own fast heartbeat, waiting for someone or something to come out and surprise her. she waited. but as she waited, nothing came to greet her. no spirit with stars swirling in its fur, no evil, malicious creature to scare her, just empty, dead silence. pansystar tried to move, but every pawstep she took seemed to only fade away into the never-ending darkness. what was this place? what was starclan trying to tell her--if they even were telling her anything at all? this dead, black space showed her nothing but her own two paws, which even they seemed to be sinking into the emptiness. she had no way out. she tried to call out, but instead of her own voice, the siamese heard nothing. she was mute in this cold world her dreams--or nightmares--had created for her. pansystar begged herself to wake, but her big blue eyes did not open to the real world. this place was worse than any nightmare. she had no voice, no destination, no one to speak with. it was almost as if she didn't exist.

then, surprise, relief, all of pansystar's emotions struck her like a thunderbolt. a light. however far away it seemed, the siamese she-cat could see a small speck of white--the light at the end of the tunnel. immediately, she tore her paws from the darkness that was slowly consuming her. she ran and ran and ran; she felt like she was flying. oh, what a rush it was! it felt like the molly hadn't felt happiness like this in so long. she felt free. though her feet did not seem to be getting her anywhere, the light grew bigger and bigger, just like pansystar's hope. though it felt like forever, the leader was not getting tired, in fact she felt like she could take on a hundred--no, a thousand cats and come out without a scratch. her worries seemed to fade away as she got closer and closer to the light. nothing could stop her now. but before she could reach the final step to freedom, the ground that wasn't even there crumbled beneath her feet. before she knew it, she was falling. falling and falling and falling and she couldn't get back up. she had been so close to the light. so, so close...
      and then,
      thud.

pansystar awoke abruptly, almost like she had just fallen to the ground. what just happened? all pansystar recalled was a dream, only bits and pieces of it still clear in her mind, and they were fading fast. the siamese leader never remembered it, but she could tell that she was having some sort of reoccurring dream, mostly because of the way she always awoke suddenly, like she was being dropped onto the ground just as she woke up. this had been happening for a while, but there wasn't much pansystar could do to stop it. she could only hope that it would go away on its own, but the molly knew that it never did, and she was scared it never would, even if she barely recalled it after waking up. the first few times it happened, the leader thought that maybe it was just a sign from starclan, but now she wasn't too sure. it could have been, but what if it was something else? the thought terrified her, but pansystar couldn't let one dream that she couldn't even remember stop her from getting up in the morning. the siamese blinked a few more times to allow her vision to adjust, then slowly used her legs for support as she picked herself off of the ground. she swiped her tongue over her back just a few times to make sure any stray hairs would lay flat and straight, and before she could leave her den, she sneezed.

pansystar covered her mouth instantly, remembering that she did not currently have her own den. she was sleeping with her clanmates in a den with no nests, and while it was uncomfortable, it felt nice to be sleeping with others for once. it brought her back to her days as a warrior. after making sure she hadn't disrupted anyone's sleep, the molly sniffed and proceeded outside, her makeshift den looking a little pathetic yet functional. dawn's colors peeked through the darkness of dusk, causing the sky to grow brighter. the leader smiled; it reminded her of her clan. taking a deep breath, she scanned the clearing which currently housed both dawnclan and fogclan cats alike. her whiskers twitched as she found the soft white-and-grey pelt of swanbreeze making his way over to her. the leader also found the fogclan deputy, dogface, padding over towards her leader: grousestar. pansystar was a bit nervous of how things would play out. while she was not bad at public speaking, it was not something that she would do voluntarily. but, then again, the siamese molly didn't really have a choice now, did she? she'd likely do fine as long as she didn't think about it too much--something that pansystar didn't do easily, but she'd manage. she focused her attention off of the future meeting and instead she turned back to swanbreeze, who was still making his way towards her. as he got closer, she spoke. "hello, swanbreeze. i hope you had a decent rest." pansystar said, though she couldn't say the same for herself. she and her deputy then proceeded to pad over to the den of grousestar, who was accompanied by dogface. she and swanbreeze waited outside, patiently awaiting grousestar to exit his den so they could start the meeting.

'' ( ☼ ━ FLASHSTEP ! ) ''

( twenty-seven moons ) • ( tom ) • ( fogclan warrior ) • ( warrior's den ) • ( -- )

flashstep had just awoken from a dreamless sleep, the pelts of other cats in the warriors' den keeping him warm amongst the chilly morning. even with his warm, ginger tabby fur, the fogclan tom still could feel the gripping cold making his skin tingle. as he breathed, he noticed a white mist protruding from his mouth, signaling that it was only going to get colder. as his grogginess grew less and less, flashstep noticed that dogface had left the den. probably to converse with grousestar about the new clan. he thought. at the thought of dawnclan, the orange tabby's ear twitched with slight annoyance. when they first got here, they looked terrible: some were wailing over deaths of loved ones, most of them had singe marks all across their fur, it was a clear sign of fire. they looked desperate, and flashstep had taken pity on them. however, he wasn't keen on the fact of having a new clan around. this forest had always been fogclan's territory, and flashstep would have to get used to sharing it. they came at the worst possible time too, prey was growing scarce and fogclan needed all it could get before leaf-fall. leaf-bare would be even worse, with even less prey roaming around, there were bound to be skirmishes between the two clans over food. and of course, there was fogclan's little secret.

the tom rolled onto his left flank, trying to get comfortable as he was lost in his thoughts. fogclan was different from other clans, but of course he already knew that. it was dawnclan who were ignorant, who they had to be careful with if they wanted to keep their secret. when flashstep first heard of cats with powers, he refused to believe it until he saw it. it was amazing, the way dogface could teleport, how grousestar could burst into flames, how nettlepaw and smokepaw could read each-other's thoughts, et cetera. it made him hopeful that maybe he, too, could recieve a power one day. but of course, that didn't happen, and flashstep accepted that. the world needed all sorts of cats, and he was fine with being a side-character. as long as he was serving fogclan loyally, he didn't care what his place in the world was. as long as he wasn't a burden.

flashstep, coming back to the warriors' den where he still lay, gave a big yawn before getting up on his paws and stretching his muscles. he did not stop until he heard the satisfying crack of bones shifting back into place, and muscles being relieved of all previous tension. all of the other warriors were still asleep, or at least not ready to get up yet. flashstep placed his paws carefully, being sure not to step on any cats' tail. he padded out of the warriors' den and into the clearing, the night sky still visible despite dawn's persistent lights and colors. as soon as he left the den, he instantly became colder. he wasn't very sure what he was supposed to do now. wake birchpaw up for training? go on dawn patrol? or wait and see what grousestar and dogface would do next. speaking of which, flashstep found his amber eyes focused on dogface, who was in grousestar's den and trying to wake him up. outside of the leader's den were a siamese she-cat and a white tom with grey markings--dawnclan's leader and deputy. just as he suspected, they were likely going to talk about where the other clan would reside in their forest. flashstep knew it was none of his business--for now--and proceeded to groom himself until everyone got up, and maybe then something interesting would happen.

'' ( ❁ ━ DAISYPAW ! ) ''

( twelve moons ) • ( molly ) • ( dawnclan app. ) • ( makeshift den ) • ( -- )

daisypaw suddenly found herself engulfed in flames. her lungs felt like they were burning from the inside out, the smoke seemingly clawing at her throat. she was trapped--fire surrounded the apprentices' den and there was no way out. she was going to be burned alive. is this really the end for me? the she-cat thought. even if there was a way out, daisypaw couldn't move. she was paralyzed with fear, she tried to lift up a paw but she stood, frozen as the flames slowly inched closer, embers singeing her pelt. the light-ginger apprentice had given up, and was half-way to death's doorstep. she felt hopeless, insignificant, terrified. just before she accepted her fate and let herself be engulfed in flames, a molly burst through the entrance, barreling through the fire despite it burning her fur as she ran past. "brambleheart!" daisypaw shrieked. "what are you doing?! get out of here, i'm done for!" the chestnut-colored tabby ignored the apprentice's protests, grabbing her by the scruff and throwing her over the fire, landing safely on the other side. "don't worry about me, just go!" before daisypaw could respond, the apprentices' den caved in on itself, with brambleheart still trapped inside. "NO!"

daisypaw awoke with her pelt spiked up and her claws unsheathed. The light-ginger molly still felt all of her heart screaming out, crying over her 'mother' (or who daisypaw thought was her mother). She was shaking with fear and grief, and her belly felt like it was full of stones. the death of her (foster) mother, brambleheart, had been the only thing haunting daisypaw's mind ever since the fire that had destroyed dawnclan camp--the fire that had killed her only known family. the dawnclan apprentice realized that she had probably been mewling in her sleep, and though no one had been awoken by it, daisypaw could still feel her face growing hot with embarrassment. It subsided after a while, but by then the she-cat had realized how uncomfortable she was. She knew she shouldn't complain, they were lucky enough to get any hospitality at all, but they could have at least let her clan make nests. the ground was hard, damp and cold beneath her flank, and the chilly morning air didn't make it any better.

the young she-cat was surprised that she was even able to get to sleep, but she supposed that it was because of her--of every cats'--exhaustion. despite their success getting here, daisypaw couldn't lie: she was terrified. what would the future hold for them? what if fogclan ended up chasing them out? the colder seasons brought out the worst in every cat, but the difference this time was that dawnclan would have to share territory. just the thought of having to fight another clan made her anxious. after all, dawnclan had always had its own territory; there were bound to be fights over borders and food. but this wasn't the only thing that daisypaw worried about. the cats of fogclan seemed... different. the apprentice couldn't quite place it, but something just seemed off about them. like they were hiding something. everyone has their secrets, but it seemed like whatever was up with fogclan was apart of something bigger, and that thought scared daisypaw. she knew it was all in her head, it must be. the molly couldn't help but doubt her senses, after all, what could possibly be so major? it was probably just her anxiousness over clan rivalry, nothing more. daisypaw really, truly hoped that was the case, but something still tugged at her stomach, hissing at her to not doubt these thoughts. the dawnclan apprentice shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts as the sun climbed higher into the foggy sky.

daisypaw perked her ears up as she heard the voice of dawnclan's deputy: swanbreeze. he gave a simple remark to littlepaw, something about eyes and sleep. speaking of which, maybe the apprentice should be trying to get more of that. she had no idea what the future had in store, and she needed all of the rest she could get. but before she could even close her eyes once more, she heard a greeting from rosewhisker followed by a rather loud reply from littlepaw. i wasn't that tired anyway... daisypaw thought, inwardly sighing as another cat from the back shushed them. she was overhearing the two cats' conversation now, with littlepaw rambling on about where would dawnclan go next. she had already done that once this morning and wasn't planning on doing it again. unluckily, the soft snores of sleeping cats wasn't enough to drown out littlepaw's voice, so she just lived with it until more cats got up. it was quite odd, daisypaw never felt comfortable being one of the first few out of the den, so she often waited until others left before she did so herself. she did overhear the apprentice talking about pansystar and swanbreeze conversing with the leader and deputy of fogclan, so hopefully something interesting would happen soon.
fire,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ━━━ ✧ // all the other kids. a warriors rp. ◜

Postby V.Vulpes » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:15 pm

[Warrior of Dawnclan] [Tom] [34 Moons] [Tagged: Littlepaw]xxxxxxxxxx
xxx[Rosewhisker]
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
xxxThe sounds and movement of his fellow clanmates was not the reason that Rosewhisker woke as many were still asleep. Nor was it terrible dreams that filled his sleep like most of the clan must be enduring as they slept. Really, it was the lack of dreams that made the sandy tom bolt upright suddenly. His ears laid back on his head and his dark ginger tail was puffed up as if he was scared of something but there was nothing to be afraid of. After a moment, he seemed to calm yet his tail fur was still wild. It must be the strange scent of this unfamiliar camp, he looked around the small space of the fallen tree where the clan was given shelter last night when they showed up.
xxxIt was very small for all of Dawnclan. Even with a few of its members gone, though he knew that some were simply not in the den others had been taken from them all too soon, there was still not much room for the ones still here. Rosewhisker shuddered. Still here, still alive on this awful journey away from a dreadful and scorched home full of death, he morbidly thought, why were we few the ones that made it? To any cat that saw him lay there, he must have looked truly depressed. The usually cheery tom had his head hung between his front paws and his puffed tail to the side of his body. Every so often the tip would flick to and fro to show his discomfort. His yellow-green eyes blinked slowly and held extreme sadness.
There wasn’t a lot that upset Rosewhisker. That’s why he always stayed so incredibly happy. But, this fire was the scariest and deadliest occurrence to ever happen in his lifetime. Not even the death of his brothers, Firepaw and Mothpaw, during their apprenticeship affected Rosewhisker like this.
xxxTheir deaths didn’t bother him at all. While Mothpaw teased him like the other three, Firepaw was a stuck up brat, worse than Mothpaw and Patchheart, that always thought he was better than everyone and flaunted his handsome fire-red pelt all over camp. It was his own fault that he died. Rosewhisker himself was on the patrol, Mothpaw and Patchheart, then Patchpaw, were on a separate patrol to introduce the four to the territory.
xxxYou’ll see Pinky!” Firepaw chirped, using the annoying nickname that Rosepaw always hated, “I’ll be so great at climbing, they’ll have to call me Firetail!” Rosepaw only rolled his eyes and stayed on the ground. Where it’s safe. This first look at the territory was going great until their mentors, Fallingfoot and Stormheart, decided to stop and let the two wander on their own for a bit. Rosepaw knew the two cats were following them silently since every so often he’d see a flash of white fur or grey tabby. There were even times that he thought he’d scent them. Now, Firepaw had challenged him to a climbing contest. He had started on a low hanging branch but sprang from the small tree to a much larger, taller one. “I still don’t think it’s a very good idea,” Rosepaw mumbled but hit deaf ears as Firepaw was now too far up the tree.
xxxRosepaw nervously padded around the tree in circles, “Firepaw, you need to get out of the tree right now!” The pale tom kept his voice steady and commanding and hoped that his brother would get it through his thick skull that he was being mouse brained. It looked to have worked for a moment as Firepaw stopped and looked down at Rosepaw. Then he began to laugh. “What?” Firepaw yowled down, “are you being Willowheart now, acting like a worried queen, you know cats always land on their feet, remember, I’m not a stupid dog!” He proudly puffed out his chest and began to leap to another branch. Before Firepaw could actually jump, a bird loudly screeched at him being too close to her nest, it startled him. Firepaw fell.
xxxRosepaw yowled loudly and out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a flash of grey. Stormheart tried desperately to climb the tree and grab Firepaw before he hit the ground; he wasn’t fast enough. Fallingfoot grabbed Rosepaw and pulled him into her white fur so he wouldn’t see his brother land. Shocked, Rosepaw buried his face into the fur and waited for the sound. It wasn’t pretty. Fallingfoot took Rosepaw back to camp, leaving Stormheart with Firepaw’s body, and reported what had just happened.

xxxIt had been so sudden that Rosewhisker still didn’t know how to react. He had a feeling his brother would fall, but he thought that he would live. That he would just twist and land on his paws, but no, Firepaw had been too scared to react. It didn’t help that his last words were an insult, it just made Rosewhisker hate his brother more. A few moons after Firepaw’s death, Mothpaw joined him in Starclan. It was during a rather cold Leaf-bare and a bought of greencough affected the clan. At first it was just a small cough that he played off like he was fine, then whitecough, then finally greencough caught up with him and he couldn't escape the claws of death. Rosewhisker can’t remember when Mothpaw actually died, he knew it was from greencough, but the memories of Mothpaw and Firepaw are now faint. Now more recently, Patchheart had finally joined their brothers in Starclan.
xxxThere was a great panic as smoke filled the dens; Rosewhisker woke quickly. He could hear yowling all around, scent the acrid scent of smoke, and could see the burning branches all around. Everything was spinning already, too many rushing cats and confusion. He followed everyone out of the den and into flames. His yellow-green orbs stared into the orange and faint outlines beckoned him to join. Firepaw. Mothpaw. Their orange pelts danced in the flames and called him closer it seemed. It was his mind playing tricks on him. Patchheart noticed his brother just sitting there on his haunches, staring in fear at the flames, and heard the deafening crack while Rosewhisker didn’t pay attention. The white and ginger tom barreled into Rosewhisker and under the fallen branch.
xxxRosewhisker started suddenly. The memories flooding to him of the fire and making him remember that Patchheart had saved him. He shook his head quickly and sat up, Patchheart must not have been the cat that saved him. He hated him, didn’t he? It was all so confusing. Having woken up completely, Rosewhisker looked around curiously to see who was awake. Near the entrance of the den, he saw the shape of young Littlepaw. Rosewhisker got up, stretched, then made his way over to him in silence. He started to speak but realized there was a slight tickle in his throat so before he spoke, he cleared it then said a simple, “good morning.
xxxRosewhisker! How nice of you to stop by!” The sandy tom heard Littlepaw exclaim a little too loudly after he greeted the small apprentice. The loudness of his voice made Rosewhisker's ears twitch and he felt himself agreeing with whoever shushed Littlepaw. Rosewhisker gave the apprentice a smile and sat next to him, as he looked a bit embarrased, and gave him a reassuring flick of his tail to continue the inevitable bombardment of questions. Rosewhisker stayed quiet to let Littlepaw ask question after question. Once he seemed done, Rosewhisker blinked and had to think a bit. “Uh, well, I fine as I could after the journey here, my paws still ache even after sleep, but thank you for asking Littlepaw,” he mewed softly, “I don’t know about the rest of those questions, but I hope that they let us hunt soon. I feel hungry enough to eat crowfood.” The statement was more of a joke, but on some levels it was true. Rosewhisker felt as though nothing was in his stomach and couldn’t remember when he last ate. What he’d give for a nice fat mouse right about now or a juicy squirrel. Oh those would be just delightful. Thinking of prey was just making him hungry too. He decided to get his mind off of his hunger by answering those questions Littlepaw had asked a moment ago.
xxxI don’t think we’re gonna join them,” he pronounced after a moment. A part of him hoped that was true too, he was a bit afraid of these strangers. “No clan would want to split their territory with strangers, I wouldn’t want to anyway,” he meowed, “it’d be less food for everyone, if there was an outbreak of, say, greencough, there would be less herbs to treat it as well…” His voice started trailing off as usual when he shared his opinion.
xxxSuddenly feeling anxious, Rosewhisker peered around Littlepaw so he could look out of the den entrance. He wanted to find out more about these Fogclan cats. It didn't look like many cats were awake yet, neither from their host clan nor their own. At first he didn’t see the leader and deputy of their clan, but after scanning the area once more, he noticed them standing in front of what must be the leader's den. Rosewhisker opened his mouth as if he was about to say anything then quickly shut it when he saw the leader and deputy of Fogclan emerge. A brown and white tom and a black and white she-cat. He hadn’t heard the names of either of them but suspected that the tom must be Grousestar. The black and white molly must be the deputy, though Rosewhisker didn’t think she looked creepy or evil, more calm and collected than evil. He then looked back at Littlepaw, “have you heard them say anything?

[Medicine Cat Apprentice of Fogclan] [She-Cat] [8 Moons] [Tagged: Cloudcatcher]xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx[Smokepaw]
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
xxxOn a normal night, Smokepaw would usually be dead asleep when the sun went down. She really likes her sleep and doesn’t like to miss her sleeping time. Last night, however, was not a normal night for Smokepaw and the whole of Fogclan. A mysterious group of cats, Dawnclan they called themselves, had entered their territory last night and were currently in their camp. And as always the smoke tabby was full of questions. Mostly pestering Nettlepaw and seeing what he thought of them. Then when she tried to speak to any cat of Dawnclan last night but was ushered away.
xxxIt drove her senseless. For a few minutes before she actually went to sleep, Smokepaw paced around her nest. Her twisted leg often getting snagged in her nest without her realizing, however, when she stopped she realized the moss in her nest was bothered. She remembered how her ears twitched in annoyance before fixing it quickly. There were so many questions buzzing through her head as she curled up to sleep it was like her brain was a beehive! Where had they come from? Why’d they leave? Were they going to stay or leave?
xxxDreams came to her slowly; she didn’t even realize they were dreams at first.
xxxSmokepaw woke up in the medicine cat den as something called her from outside. She jumped up quickly, wondering if she had overslept somehow and Cloudcatcher was calling her. But when she got outside, it was dark, stormy, and the scent of that new clan from before was nowhere to be found. A familiar scent found its way to her and yet it was like a distant memory. The scent led her to the nursery. A peek inside showed her the sleeping forms of queens, their kits close to them. Near the back of the den, a dark queen with her two kits slept. Smokepaw smiled at the sight of her mother, Crowpelt, along with her and her brother's young forms and decided she would keep watch outside. No enemies would ever attack her dream self or her name wasn’t Smokepaw! She sat in front of the den’s opening with her head held high and a wide grin.
xxxSuddenly, the sky seemed to break open in lightning. The whole camp was bathed in an oddly beautiful blue-white light. Hardly a moment past before the inevitable thunder struck. It caused Smokepaw’s fur to stand on end in fright. The small kits in the den squealed loudly in their own panic which caused her to swivel her head to see inside again. All of the kits woke from the scary loud noise, crying for their mothers and their mothers in turn trying their best to sooth the poor scraps. Smokekit, however, sat up beside her mother in wonderment and confusion. “Mother... Crowpelt what was that?” She asked as she tried hard to clamber onto Crowpelt’s back, was it a monster? You said those were loud and scary, but I see no colorful, shiny-pelted beast, is it a cousin of the monster?
xxxCrowpelt laughed softly and grabbed Smokekit by the scruff of the neck. She placed the kit between her front paws and licked her between the ears. That was thunder, and no, it was not a monster. Remember those only travel on thunderpaths.” She answered Smokekit’s questions slowly and with a gentle tone.
xxxOh,” Smokekit breathed, “well, they must be related. If monster’s travel on the thunder’s path, right?
xxxThis innocence only made Crowpelt laugh more. No, Smokekit,” she meowed, they have no relation to each other, it’s just a loud noise that storms make.” Crowpelt flicked her thick-furred tail towards the opening of the den. For a moment, the current Smokepaw thought she was looking at her, but remembered this moment in her life and felt the rain on her pelt that her mother was gesturing towards. Crowpelt continued speaking, lightning and thunder usually come with the rain. It’s loud and frightening but it is a natural occurrence in our world.
xxxSmokepaw smiled and turned away from the den. This was the night where she really started to question everything in their world. She left Fogclan’s camp and wandered the dream world. As she walked, everything seemed to blurr together until the world changed, now it was no longer storming at night but warm and light filtered through the fog of the morning. She happened upon a small clearing where her mother stood, facing a younger Smokepaw. It was the day she left. Crowpelt gave her a nuzzle and apologized in advance then turned and left both Smokepaws alone in the clearing. Smokepaw didn’t dwell there long. Just long enough to watch her mother fade into the trees then she too left the clearing. It wasn’t long till the usual fog parted.
xxxIt was then that Smokepaw felt herself shift in her bedding. Not too long after that, the smoke tabby felt herself wake into consciousness. She groaned, sleep still gripping her, as she sat up in her nest. Her nest, she realized, was more messed up and scattered than last night. It made her ears flick in annoyance. I’ll deal with it later, she mused and shambled out of the den. Automatically, she saw Cloudcatcher. As much as Smokepaw would like to go investigate Dawnclan, it would be better to speak to her mentor first.
xxxGood morning, Cloudcatcher! Smokepaw purred as she sat next to the white she-cat, you look like you’re deep in thought, is it about that Dawnclan? Do you know anything about them, you’d tell me wouldn’t you? Her millions of questions already started even in the early morning. She looked at Cloudcatcher with a tilted head then yawned and continued to ask, What do you even think about em’?
V.Vulpes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me