closed.

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

closed.

Postby vhenan. » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:18 am

☁ cloudburst

it's raining. again.
ceaseless.
originally, two days ago, it happened - the cloudburst. of course, it started off with lasting only a few minutes, but the rivers had brushed the shores. the rainy season of inland africa is supposed to last a while, and of course the land would become swamped. but extremely flooded?
the lions here are now on high alert, as the start of this rainy season began with numerous cloudbursts, as well as prolonged, heavy storms which just battered the earth with water. the highest land is the mountains to the north from the large plain. rivers are swelling and lakes are spreading. flash floods may happen at any moment, and anything below a certain point will be drowned. the prides in the area are trying to hurry to higher land, some braver ones are attempting to stay in their territory and wait out this ceaseless downpour.
whether or not you're a pride member or a loner, one thing's for sure: your home is going to be flooded. with these endless storms coming in, animals are either frantic or opportunistic, and it's just deadly out there.
now, of course, there should be an end to this horrid weather, but it's the fact that the rain has never been this bad that keeps the hopes low. maybe you can survive this watery hell? you are a fierce lion, after all...
... but, just because you're a lion doesn't mean you can get stuck in a mudslide, a mud pool, the middle of a lake. it doesn't mean you can't get washed away, ushered into a crocodile's jaws, frustrate a hippo, or hunted down by humans or another lion. your time is ticking, the waters are rising.
the water could claim you at any second.
it's not afraid to take anything.
inspired by lioden, but not wholly
7/18/16 -- remake due to a dead thread
Last edited by vhenan. on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁ ‒ rules

Postby vhenan. » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am

no god-modding, gary/mary-sues. i understand that this is a roleplay, but, nothing is flawless. everything is different.
no speed-relationships or self-crushes. i allow starting crushes, but i don't want two pages of them knowing eachother and then bam, they're mates. self-crushes aren't that fun...
post forms & ooc in the discussion. link is here.
use your own forms. what's your favorite idea? mine's being creative!
tess's rules apply. this is complete common sense.
drama. drama is encouraged, but please don't have an excessive amount of it. characters can be swept away, drowned, stuck, or may occasionally have a run in with major predators.
re-caps and open chars. please, please, please try to help out with recaps! as for open chars, if you have one and somebody would like to roleplay an open charrie of theirs, i'd greatly appreciate it if you roleplayed with them.
pregnancies. these should wait until we've got about 45-50 pages.
literacy. correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. please aim for 10 lines per post.
deformities, disablements, histories and backgrounds. please don't have an excessive amount of sob stories! same goes for disabilities.
appearances. you absolutely must have a realistic picture for your character. no lion king or animated pictures.
events. please refrain from massive events, like a flash flood or some big attack on a pride. if you would like a big, widespread event to happen, please pm me.

prides. just shoot me a pm if you would like a pride. i'm not too harsh on it.
dodge counter. please follow a 3 minor, 2 major dodge counter. this means only three minor dodges for minor attacks (i.e., attempt to pounce on, attempt to bite ear, or a swing) and only two major dodges (i.e., attempt to be pinned down, attempt to be strangled). this goes for npc encounters, too.
disable signatures. for neatness, please!
please post and be active in the discussion thread!
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁ ‒ characters

Postby vhenan. » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:49 am

0 prides || 2 loners || 1 males || 1 females
0 cubs || 0 deaths || 0 lost lions || 0 injured/sick lions
2 total lions

prides
no prides
loners
[url]medvaal[/url] // adult, m
[url]kiddai[/url] // adult, f
relationships
⦁ no relationships now

Last bumped by vhenan. on Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:49 am.
vhenan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me