[♛ \\ the red mountains] -- a wolf roleplay

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

does this sound interesting??

yes
71%
maybe
14%
not really
14%

Total votes : 14

hermes [ two ] dahlia [ two ]

Postby unnamed » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:24 am

{ } H E R M E S
alpha male | interested in alaska | with shiloh & alaska

Around him, for once, was silence. He reveled in it peacefully as it was rare that the alpha was allowed a moment to himself; even while sleeping he had frequently been woken when someone was worried or a patrol came back with news. This peace was granted in part due to the early morning time and the fact that he'd ventured far enough away from the pack. Hermes realized that while he appreciated the ability to find peace in the forest he didn't appreciate it the way some of the others did. Sherwood, his oldest friend, and Shiloh, his trusted beta, almost seemed to think of the world around them as equals. Everything had a purpose and they were all intended to live together in some form of blissful harmony or some crap like that. He wasn't convinced though. In his mind the things around them were tools, ways for them to both survive and thrive within what could often be a harsh climate. He didn't need to thank anything around him, he took without question what he and his pack needed to survive. He had noticed with time that the rift between himself and Sherwood was partially due to their opposite nature.Sherwood wanted everyone to survive no matter what and Hermes believed that others, including other wolves and their packs, had to pass in order to ensure the valley pack could live. The alpha was adamant in his position, he'd do anything and everything to see his pack's survival ensured.
      His ears swiveled backwards on his head as he heard another's footsteps approaching calmly behind him. He stopped where he was and turned his body sideways in order to look, it was Shiloh. The brute took a small breath as he realized his peace would have to be found some other way at some other time. He was the alpha, the ranking wolf, and his pack and the things that needed to be done or discussed came before his own desires. "Of course Shiloh, please," he spoke softly and motioned his head forward for the other to join with him. His paws continued on in their usual manner, his own walk. Hermes had always prided himself on appearing calm and controlled, never breaking from his pace even in a fight. "It's quiet around here lately, one might wonder if a storm is coming," he mentioned. He'd seen it several times; when bad storms were on their way it seemed some of the herbivores and birds could sense it and they disappeared all at once. Before his companion even had a chance to respond the white pelt of Alaska broke the usual green of the trees and bushes. Though he maintained his full composure on the outside the brute's heart fluttered gently; he cursed himself gently for ever allowing those amber eyes to captivate him. He stopped where he had been and listened quietly while she explained the situation and made a suggestion. Once again he was faced with a decision he wasn't keen on making. They needed to eat, needed to keep the pack fed but none of them knew how close the vile creatures that were infecting this area had come. Once again his brow furrowed as he stared intently down at the rabbit. Finally the brute decided he wouldn't risk it. Not his hunters and not yet, not Alaska certainly. "No, no one travels further down into the valley until we know for sure just how close our new guests are. We don't know what we're dealing with and we don't know how dangerous they are," he spoke gently. He looked back to Alaska after another moment of thought, "Stick closer to the lake for hunting Alaska, we have the majority in our favor and its close enough that should you get into trouble than Castiel, myself, and the other fighters can get there quickly. Prey won't get too far from it," he advised. He loathed Shiloh quietly in that moment, had the beta not felt the need to accompany him on his walk he'd have been granted the chance to speak with Alaska privately. The alpha scolded himself. There were more pressing matters than simple crushes and his beta could be bringing something important to him.
      He had to remain focused now.

( ) D A H L I A
female pup sitter | interested in no one | with sherwood

Dahlia's ears perked up as she heard her name being mentioned in a greeting, the fae pulled herself out of her slight daze that had taken over her mind and looked to the side to see who it was. Upon seeing it had been Sherwood her tail gave a slow wag and she gave what of a smile she could manage. She had always enjoyed Sherwood's company, she liked the things that he was able to teach her and show her. Seeing as her rank normally kept her preoccupied with pups until their parents came back for the night she didn't always have much time to so much as interact with other adult wolves. For quite some time Sherwood was often her only other company, pups tended to hurt themselves more often than others thought. Not to mention Sherwood was calm and kind, she liked those traits in other wolves. Those were always the ones to make her feel more comfortable, she was too timid in her nature for those brutes and faes that were more on the aggressive side. "Oh Sherwood, good morning to you," she greeted him happily. When he mentioned being in need of some help her ears perked up on her head a bit higher, "I'd be more than happy to help you!" Dahlia was the type who liked to keep busy, idle time was not time well spent in her opinion. She'd accompanied some of the hunters on one of their last hunts but was quick to discover that her wandering mind wasn't the best for tracking; thus she had been snapped at several times to pay closer attention before finally they'd decided she'd cost them the hunt and sent her back. The fae harbored no ill feelings towards them, in a pack they all had a job to do and interrupting another's if you weren't helpful wasn't the way to go.
      The last pup had left the pack roughly a week ago when the prospect of humans became too frightful, the leaders calming words weren't enough to quell the parent's concerns and they'd taken their family elsewhere. Dahlia missed those pups, Trooper and Buck,
      they were exciting little ones to watch as they always had something interesting to say and a new game to play with each other..
      She dismissed the feelings of longing from her mind to keep her attention on Sherwood, following his gaze as he watched the alpha,
      beta, and lead huntress disappear into the tree line for their own morning routines. As she looked back towards the healer it was clear his mind was elsewhere as he continued watching where the others disappeared to, perhaps he was trapped in some distant memory or other. She watched with interest as the male remained in his thoughts, her curiosity bugging her to pipe up and ask what was on his mind while her better sense told her to shut her maw, he was above her and she had no place intruding on his thoughts. Finally he broke free from his own thoughts and his attention was once again focused on her. She gave another smile as though she hadn't just been staring intently at his own focused expression, "Shall we get started then?"
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starshine, » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:27 pm

「SHERWOOD [ male ] [ 5 years ] [ healer ] [ interested in: n/a ] [ tagged: dahlia ]
    ▪ » ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━→ -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- --

indention » sherwood's ears flicked and he smiled with gratitude, "thank you much dahlia, i don't know what i would do without you." he said, his eyes shimmering mischievously before leading her into the den and motioning with his tail to the clutter, "well.. as you can see here." he paused, giving her a quick glance before continuing again, "i've managed to find myself in this heap of a mess ... again." he enthused on again, notifying that he had done this a few times before. he showed her to the herbs, telling her again which pile contained which, "remember, tansy, watermint, borage, thyme..." he went on down each pile and named them. a bunch of herbs were scattered around the den, so it was necessary she knew. he looked back up at her when he finished, "catch all that?" he asked, his tail wagging slightly, "and really, thank you for the help, i much need it right now." he barked, looking back down at the floor and gathering up the leaves scattered around the den. cleaning was a good way to keep his mind off of hermes, and it helped him focus.

indention after a while, the older wolf looked up from his work to talk, "so dahlia... how have you been?" he inquired. dahlia had been busy lately with the other wolves, he saw her seldom the past few days. but it was nice to have her helping him now. dahlia had been friendly to him since their were no puppies to take care of, and her help was very nice and a good break for sherwood, who was working constantly.

「PANDORA [ female ] [ 4 years ] [ omega ] [ interested in: n/a ] [ tagged: none ]
    ▪ » ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━→ -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- --

indention » sleeping feel free to wake her.
starshine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ *:・゚✦ ❝ castiel knight. ][ one. ]

Postby kintsugi. » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:11 pm

' CASTIEL'
      ranking.)..lead fighterxxage.) ..five years oldxxlocation.)..damp forestxxtagged.)..none
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━spaceLurking almost silently among the frosted forest was the well-muscled male, his sensitivity pointed in the direction of the oncoming wind; with it did it bus a passenger of idiosyncratic, exotic fumes in which were his liking, thus creating the notion in his mind of a simple time when he belonged to a pack, and in that pack did he recall being nothing more than a regular passerby. No, of course, this didn't place a threat upon his flesh, but the scent did carry the times where he recalled wandering around for hours after his father upon the hunt. "Prey..., He was never skilled at hunting, nor had he been around his own kin in a'many years; it had begun to take a toll on him, for he didn't know the basic rules of submission or serenity, he only knew how to be the way he'd always been, and in a world where everyone was sought to be perfect... He was the crack in the porcelain. A fighter was a fighter, or at least that was how the pack had written it. Yet there was little hesitation for these sorts of matters, for the more he pondered on his past the less he knew of himself. He should focus on the now, the damp wooded now, the damp wooded now that was filled with fumes and white stripes. What had that been, anyway? Mayhaps his sight was failing him, but he imagined it as a weasel or mink, something of the silky breed.

spaceThough it wasn't too far after had his paws and thoughts begun to wander once more, powdered sky visionaries carried hints of mirrored sympathy, for himself and for those who didn't understand his emotional handicap. He could give love, kindness, hope, though his noble intelligence would not allow him to receive worth that would hurt him in the long run, such things were pointless and he wished not to be abandoned again. Why was he thinking so much all of a sudden? Hadn't he woken up to hunt? No, wait, he hadn't woken up all... When was the last time he'd rested his eyes? Where was the pack? Exactly where had he gotten himself this time? Perhaps he should howl? No, no, that would make him appear weak and a lead fighter certainly wasn't of that type. He'd be fine, he wasn't too far... Theoretically, speaking. "Badger, it's a badger." His body continued to march forward, massive shoulders rolling as he lived through the day and night with his shield and sword polished and stern. Was he simply bigger from the winter or was he still thickening up with more layers of flex? He sighed, bursting forward and allowing his masculine scents to mingle with that of the creature running past him in a flash of squeals and colors.

spaceDecaying bodies, rotting flora, just death in general. He wrenched backward, lips parting in a snarl as the animal finally revealed itself... A skunk. How had he been so blind? The scent could be taken as stench, maybe intoxicating, all he knew was he'd registered this strange animal before, as a scent of course. Head thrashing, body breaking every particle of life around him, he already felt the body of the skunk crush underneath his flank as he fell to his side in pain. The initial sound startled him, thus his body jolted up and as though he hadn't made enough sound: "Bloody hell, my eyes! For the love of all things good and holy--," He skidded to a halt, enormous paws grasping the ground in pits of dirt his claws had made. He'd almost ran dead smack into a tree, something he did not want to do considering he was hoping to return to camp in one, not-so-smelly piece. It was a little too late for that...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ( is currently overwhelmed but refuses to call for assistance.
kintsugi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [♛ \\ the red mountains] -- a wolf roleplay

Postby ⠀vega » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:03 am

SHILOH ! !

space hereUpon the forest floor lie trees of yesteryear, fallen in storms long forgotten. The seasons have been harsh, stripping away the bark and outer layers, yet rendering them all the more beautiful. They have the appearance of driftwood, twisting in patterns that remind Shiloh of lake waves; even the colour of the moss was kelp-like. They were soft, damp, yet his snout came away dry. Shiloh tilted his head upward, feeling his ears tumble further down his scruff; the pines were several dens tall, reaching toward the golden rays of the morning. Birdsongs came in lulls and bursts, the silence and the singing working together as well as any improvised melody. A new smile paints itself upon his alabaster-flecked maw, coal lips semi-illuminated by the dappled light. Before he knows it his feet began to walk, body and mind both on auto-control.
    indent As the alpha had agreed to walk with him Shiloh rearranged his position to Hermes right-hand side, loosely a few inches from his shoulder. The beta lowered kept his ears at a cupped state cropping them just lower than the alphas for dominance sake. It was like there was a weight on them anytime he was in close proximity to him. Though he guessed this was the same for wolves that were in his presence.

indentAfter thirty moments or so the alpha began with an on-topic conversation. Shiloh presumed the alpha wasn't aware that Shiloh had locked onto his emotions quite yet. This was an advantage as he had now bought Shiloh some time to work with him. The two fell into a shaded clearing still towered by overhanging branches but a little more spacious than the tree line before them. Starting meaningless conversation Hermes was actually taking note of nature, Shiloh couldn't help but get excited about his most favourited conversation. 'hum a storm?' the brute thought. This could be a great deterrent for there human friends to come over the mountain if it is in mid-storm. Though it would prove problematic for their healer, he would have to make a note and let Sherwood know to get his stock up. "Um, a storm you say." The beta inquired thoughtfully. He pressed his nose on a nearby branch noticing the dew from the lingering clouds above.Looking up the clouds moved in the morning sky, kissed into brilliant white by the sun. They move south toward the ocean, together yet independent. Gaps widened and closed, one slides right under another and always they are changing shape.Deep and thick with a billowed appearance. It seemed the alpha may have proven his point. "Agreed." He paused slightly clenching the soil between his claws for further restrainment of discussing nature. He knew his alpha wasn't keen on keeping the circle of life in balance. He only cared for his pack, which Shiloh wasn't going to complain too much about. "Anyway," he began "as you and I both know of our pending pressure on our human visitors, I would like to propose permission to begin a scouting party for any signs of human remanence-". He paused...

indentThe paw prints were obviously canine with their four toes and claw marks, but in these mountains, it paid to know the difference between a wolf and a dog. The former meant less danger than the latter, for with a domestic dog came a man with a gun and, for the most part, a bad attitude. Shiloh found followed the trail in the autumn mud for a few moments, silent. "Wolf." He muttered and before he could question the owner to these indentations a silhouette advanced the two from afar. He let out a small sigh as Alaska approached them. He elevated his ears allowing them to jut from the top of his skull, in a high ranking manner. But the soft honey hues in his eyes evidenced that Shiloh was all but calm about the situation of her arrival.
    indentHe observed her bow to the alpha and himself and tipped his maw in a charming yet respectful manner. "Not at all." He responded to her worrying about interrupting them. He judged her to buy the type of female that is not one for small talk but rather one for only important information. Therefore was all but intrigued by what she had to say. As they began to talk he caught an unusual sent like a burnt out fire. 'It can't be' he thought and realized his gaze on the two of them. "If it helps I could go another day without eating," he chipped in in a half daze as to the sent he had just picked up.

male . red mountian pack. beta . mentions; sherwood . tags; hermes , alaska. caamp ➼ tree line . bound to _____ . flirts with _____.
⠀vega

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[♛ \\ we need to be stronger than ever right now ] --

Postby autumn, » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 am

--𝙰 𝙻 𝙰 𝚂 𝙺 𝙰 !!
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━
      ( sex. female ) ( rank. lead hunter ) ( tags. hermes, shiloh, castiel ) ( words. 1,362 )

indent. it hadn't taken much to earn her rank, considering what previous wolves had gone through to climb the ladder of superiority. no, there was no fighting or challenge to earn the lead hunter position that she was in now. she was given the position, it was a gift, really, that had been earned by the she-wolf for her hard work and dedication to the hunt. her former mentor and previous lead hunter, an agile brute that went by the name of beau. beau had been one of alaska's greatest and best influences on her life, ever since her mother and father had passed. strong, well-muscled, brave, and the greatest hunter that she had ever met, beau had been her teacher. every successful hunt, every scent that she caught on the trails, were thanks to that grand wolf and his excellence in doing what he loved. he lived a long life and had alaska under his wing for a few good years, teaching her everything that she needed to know to be a good pack-mate and leader within her pack. alaska could remember laying at his side the night that he died, she was young, barely over three years of age when the coal pelted brute spoke highly of her in front of the alpha. he passed peacefully that night, leaving alaska all alone within the pack. yes, she had hermes and shiloh and others in the pack, but she had never grown close to any wolf since. that next day after his passing, she was named the lead hunter of the red mountain valley, it was the greatest honor that she believed could be earned by herself. she had never truly thought of a higher rank, for herself anyways. besides, who needed to think of a higher rank when those ranks were already filled? hermes and shiloh were noble brutes that led their pack the best they could, she needn't think of a higher rank for herself.

indent.in front of her, the alpha and beta were comprehending the information that she had just brought to them. she watched in silence as the two males furrowed their brows and thought for a moment. her alpha's eyes darkened as he stared down at the hare that lay at his feet, which worried alaska slightly. had he expected more of her? did he wish that she had tried harder, gone farther into the valley to catch something bigger for the pack? perhaps she should have gotten a patrol together that morning to hunt instead of going out on her own. then, hermes spoke and put her thoughts about herself at ease. he was not angry with her, in fact, he believed, too, that she should stay closer to the camp rather than venturing out into the valley where a human could pose danger to herself and her hunters. she respected her alpha's decision on the matter, however, she still had worry gnawing at her gut. how was she meant to feed the pack if she was confined to the camp and its surrounding areas? certainly the pack couldn't live off of rabbits and mice for that long. something would have to be done to allow her and her hunters to go farther from camp, but that wasn't her decision to make. perhaps that is why some wolves seek power, they don't have to wait for answers... they just take action themselves. hermes continued with his words, his voice softening and becoming more gentle towards her. this made her fur stand up slightly, how could he be so calm when the pack was in great danger? she nodded at his words. the lake... hmm her thoughts were halted as shiloh began to speak up. she questioned the idea of waiting longer for the pack's next meal. it had already been a couple days since they last feasted, and even then it had been a smaller cow that they had eaten. it's a good thing we don't have pups right now, i would have to be a lot more worried. she thought to herself.

indent.after a few short moments of silence, she opened her jaws to speak once more, "very well. i will be sure to stick within a reasonable range and I will warn the rest of the hunters to do the same." swiveling her ears and head to shiloh,
        she brought up his point. "while i know that our pack can survive longer without a meal, i would like to see if i could prevent this. we need to be stronger than ever right now." she knew that this was no news to the brutes, without a steady income of nutrition, there was no doubt that some wolves would fall ill and the risk of death would increase with each day. she would do whatever she could to keep her pack-mates out of sherwood's den and on the trails as long as she could manage. "if it is with your permission," she locked eyes with hermes, "i will go to the lake at this moment and see if i can find any scent trails or prey." the fae tilted her head ever so slightly before stretching her legs and preparing to leave. the white she-wolf dipped her head once more, separating herself from the conversation and allowing the brown and black males to carry on with their duties as she went to carry on her own. with a last look at them both, she turned and trotted off into the bushes, their tangled branches and leaves sealing off as she disappeared behind them.

indent.many wolves often wondering how a nearly pure white wolf could manage the head position of the hunters in her pack. with her fluffy pelt showing brightly in both night and day, it wasn't an unreasonable question and although her cream fur blended well in the cold seasons, it didn't do as well during others. this provided for a more difficult time when trying to be stealthy, it was a challenge that alaska had learned to accept and conquer. unlike other wolves who could hunt out in the forest undetected and camouflage as long as they were careful, she had to remain hidden nearly the whole hunt. this had its perks, however, because her prey wouldn't be suspecting her to be hidden in a bush the entire time it was being stalked. she had learned to live with it, and really, she thrived with her position. crack. what was that? the fae snapped from her thoughts and instantly dropped low to the earth, her clean underbelly touching the dirt floor. ears perked, she crawled forward, watching where each of her paws landed silently on the dusty ground while keeping her senses open to the area around her. a horrible stench hit her black nose, making it wrinkle in disgust. a skunk, surely. but what on earth is making all that noise? her amber eyes were peeled, yet they stung from the stench and made her eyes water slightly. another crash and a howl of pain sounded in her ears and with a growl, she leaped out of the bush to find a figure standing only a nose length away from a tree. "for the love of god, castiel!" she gasped, her eyes round with both surprise and relief. "i thought you were a human for god's sake!" slightly annoyed and with her eyes still burning, she kept her distance from the brute. she took a deep breath and her eyes and facial expression softened, the initial shock was wearing off with a bit of humor replacing it. "are you okay?" her voice softened, too, as he motherly nature kicked in. a hint of humor was hidden in her voice as she looked at the state of him. here, right in front of her, was the pack's lead fighter. "you look like you've been trampled on and dragged through a bush backwards." she commented, her brow raised. "have you seen a human?" she inquired, guessing that something must have happened to make the brute go insane and run in to a skunk without intending to.
autumn,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hermes [ three ] dahlia [ three ]

Postby unnamed » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:32 am

{ } H E R M E S
alpha male | interested in alaska | with shiloh & alaska

There was a slight twinge of irritation when Hermes insisted he could go another few days without eating. He knew the wolf could, as could he, and as could every other wolf in the pack as they had done it before. Two winters ago had been especially brutal and prey could scarcely be found, he remembered sending every able bodied wolf out into the forest on a mass hunt; that hunt produced only three measly rabbits which went straight to the pups. That had been the winter right before Hermes took over as alpha, the winter that Koda, the former alpha, had allowed himself to starve in order to see his pack fed. Even now the red wolf remembered it clearly. Koda had let everyone else eat, made sure that all of them were fed while day after day he wasted away until the muscle disappeared from his body. It hadn't been the lack of eating that actually killed him; in Koda's weakened state he caught some disease that within only a few days had taken the great wolf's life. Hermes' promised himself that if that ever happened again he'd follow Koda's footsteps, sacrifice himself for the greater good of the pack. The point in Hermes' mind and the source of his irritation was that he didn't want his pack to hungry, not again. "We'll find more food before that ever becomes a problem Shiloh," he reassured the other calmly.
      He sensed a bit of disbelief in Alaska, he assumed it was due to his calm nature but the brute simply couldn't help it. Worry led to fear and fear led to panic, he needed those who were in leading positions to remain level-headed and capable of making rational decisions; for that they needed to keep themselves calm. She was right, they did need to be strong. A great test was laid out before them and he was vividly aware that this was capable of either breaking the pack into pieces or bringing them together. He looked back at her as her eyes locked with his and for a moment Hermes was lost in their color, it wasn't until she finished that the alpha snapped himself back to reality, "Hm? Oh! Yes, yes of course. Whatever you feel is the best course of action Alaska, your intuition is trusted." He found himself scolding his own being for allowing himself to lose focus. As the lead huntress turned to leave the same smell that had drifted to Shiloh was now weaving its way through Hermes' nostrils, something that had been burning. Suddenly Shiloh's suggestion of patrols and scouts wasn't a bad one. However, and the alpha hated himself for thinking this,he knew he'd need one to go further and he found himself believing that Shiloh wasn't yet aggressive enough for such a trek. Perhaps he'd take Castiel, maybe even Sherwood if the healer wanted a chance to look for more herbs, and scout the mountain trails. "Shiloh, do you smell that particular smell that I do?" He questioned quietly in order to avoid Alaska from hearing their conversation. The less who knew, the better.

( ) D A H L I A

Dahlia raised up onto all fours when Sherwood turned and headed in the direction of his own den, she followed dutifully a few paces behind him. As they entered the den she was shocked to see the state of it and it must have showed across her face as her jaw dropped slightly before her look turned to him in a scolding manner, "Sherwood! I feel like we just cleaned this a week ago and it's already a mess!" It took a few moments before the fae realized she had just attempted to fuss at a higher ranking wolf as though he were a pup. Instantly her ears dropped flat against her head and her head dipped lowly as a show of an apology, "I'm sorry... it's a habit." From watching pups of the pack she had gotten very used to scolding others for making things a mess, she remembered multiple times that the pups would throw the bedding in the den around and she had to nip their behinds just to get them to clean it back up; she never imagined that the reaction would come so naturally even when she was in the presence of the pack's healer. She listened and watched quietly as he named off the herbs to her, a vast majority of which she was able to remember though some she still found herself wondering both its name and usage. When he thanked her for her help again she nodded her head gently before tacking on a quiet, "You're welcome," and moved further into the den. She began making quick work of the herbs that lied on the ground, nosing them further back against one side of the den and lining them up with others that she recalled had the same or a similar purpose. Her ears perked up when he asked her how she'd been the she actually had to stop and think for a moment before a deep sigh slipped from her maw, "I suppose restless. With no pups to watch I feel quite useless amongst the rest of the pack, everyone has their duties to perform and my duty doesn't even necessarily exist right now. I spend most of my time laying about and the other half cleaning the den even though I've cleaned it every day." She went back to her work without much further complaint, feeling as though the very act itself was quite useless to her. Complaining wouldn't bring any pups back. A moment later she realized it would be considered rude not to ask him back, and she was genuinely interested, "And you Sherwood? How have you been?"
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starshine, » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:41 pm

「SHERWOOD [ male ] [ 5 years ] [ healer ] [ interested in: n/a ] [ tagged: dahlia ]

indention » sherwood gave a small, curt nod as she explained, to him, the fae had always been a big help, definitely not useless. but he saw her point. a pup-sitter without pups to watch was just another mouth to feed, and without the proper training it would be difficult to do another job. sherwood looked at dahlia, then back at the herbs which were now neatly packed into bundles and against the stone grey walls of the den. he had a small thought, but pushed it away gently, there had always been only one healer, and dahlia was the only pup-sitter. he resisted the urge to ask her if she ever considered becoming a healer. maybe... maybe he would ask hermes later. he turned his gaze back on the pup-sitter intently and smiled, "miss, you will never be useless in my eyes." he said, giving her a warm smile. sherwood always considered himself a father-like figure to the young wolf, but most of the time it was dahlia parenting him. he chuckled lightly, then realizing he had been staring at the wall he looked down at his chest fur and gave it a small lick. standing up from his sitting position, he turned to face her, "dahlia have you ever considered asking hermes for one of the hunters or fighters to train you, just for the time being until a wolf has pups of course." he paused giving it some time to sink in. "its just an idea, but it might give you something to do instead of sitting here helping little old me everyday." he spoke uncertainty, unsure if she would even consider that since she had been a pup-sitter all her life. he looked to the dens exit, and smiled lightly before turning his hazel visionaries back toward the small lithe female.

「PANDORA [ female ] [ 4 years ] [ omega ] [ interested in: n/a ] [ tagged: none ]

indention » sleeping feel free to wake her.
starshine,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [♛ \\ the red mountains] -- a wolf roleplay

Postby ⠀vega » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:56 am

SHILOH ! !

space hereIt was as if a fine six sense had mingled between them, Hermes had seemingly picked up the same sent as he did just moments ago. Now alone he allowed his senses to be indulged by the fragrance. Smoke particles danced in on the inbound breeze, layering the tongue with a woody fragrance, reminding Shiloh of preserving salmon in autumn. It wasn't yet thick enough to see or cast the sky in a duller hue of blue, but nonetheless, it was there.The smoke wasn't completely opaque, but its long grey wisps seemed to curl with others that were much darker some near black. These stretching entities would show themselves, in short, dramatic eclipses, which hid again the leaves in full smoulder.Finally, he replied, "Way ahead of you,". His pace quickened slightly as his years of experience told him that charcoal only came from one animal. "I had previously smelled it, however, I didn't feel it was in my position to interfere your convosation.-" He suddenly cut off as he established they were going in the wrong direction. "Here." He uttered quivering his nostrils as a paw-full of ash remained spilt over the soil. "We're close,"

indentIt seemed almost impossible to catch up to this sent, as the wind pulled the sent particles away from the source he was trying to track. It became even harder since they were being followed. Even though he knew the creature couldn't harm a fibre on their heads it became a slight distraction when he needed his concentration on Hermes and the charcoal.The bird on the branch moved its head from side to side like it was clockwork like there was a switch in its brain that flicked to choose the direction to look but not the speed of the motion. Every turn was rapid, almost too fast to see. But in the moments it was still Shiloh could see the glossy black eyes set in the plumage of an impossibly bright blue. It was the kind of blue that belonged on an artist's palate, yet better than that, it was so brilliant as to almost look like a source of light rather than a reflection of the sun's rays. The bird was small too, no bigger than a navel orange but far from round. It was shaped like an English robin, with the wide breast, but the tail feathers and wings elongated the body, giving it an elegance. It had a short beak, but curved and strong like a wolf claw. After singing a few notes it spread its wings and in a flurry of blue, it ascended to the treetops and out of view.
    indent Shiloh sighed, 'To be a bird,' he thought, 'how nice that would be.' He retrained her eyes to the woodland path ahead, no longer were there the common wolf path but a maze of entwined brambles and marestail.

indentA muscle twitched involuntarily at the corner of his right eye, his mouth formed a rigid grimace. With arms folded tightly across his broad chest, he tapped his foot furiously and all the while he gazes further beyond the brambles. This fitfully sunny morning would either see the dawn of his new life or snap his dreams in two."Correct me if I am mistaken but I believe-" He began sniffing quietly, they had become much closer to their target and without a doubt, it seemed as though worst had come to worst. "- it's a campfire, of some description." He manipulated his talons as he lifted them ever so slightly of the soil. It took months of training but now he was getting the nature of it. With his talons up he was much quieter on the ground, he stood quietly waiting on further instructions from the alpha.

male . red mountian pack. beta . mentions; . tags; hermes , tree line➼ edge of a abandoned camp fire . bound to _____ . flirts with _____.
⠀vega

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hermes [ four ] dahlia [ four ]

Postby unnamed » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39 am

{ } H E R M E S
alpha male | interested in alaska | with shiloh

His nose tilted into the air as the smell of smoke surrounded the two brutes, it was as if it taunted them and beckoned them closer. Without a second thought or word he began following the trail in silence, his beta's words passed through his ears and never once was a reply given. Hermes glanced back briefly at one point to see that Shiloh had apparently become enraptured by a bird above them and as he returned his eyes to the front the alpha couldn't help but roll his eyes. Shiloh was a good beta but Hermes found that the other's attention sometimes became too focused on nature. Here they were tracking what could possibly be a fire and what could possibly mean horrible news for this pack and he wanted to stare at birds. As the smell got stronger Hermes dropped his body lower and ensured his steps became quieter; the last thing they needed to do was alert anyone of their presence.
      "I believe you are right. It can't be big though, otherwise we would have seen more smoke in the sky," he prayed that his assumption was correct, a small fire could mean that there was only one or two of the vile creatures around. Not many paces later and suddenly the indeed campfire could be seen through the tree line, he attempted to smell if anything else was around but the smell of smoke consumed his sense. However, it appeared that nothing was around the fire, no humans, in fact it appeared as though it had begun to die out and that the wolves had caught the remains of the fire. Suddenly Hermes became aware of the panic this could create within the ranks and until they knew for sure how close the humans were it was the last thing he wanted. They had to cover this up, they had to hide it until it could be better dealt with.

( ) D A H L I A

She smiled warmly at Sherwood when he informed her that she could never truly be useless, while it was a polite gesture the fae was aware that at this time she was only helpful to Sherwood and one needed to be useful to the entire pack,
      "Well thank you very much for that." She continued with her organizing until every last thing was situated in a neat pile on one side of the den while the other remained open for him to lay. She backed up cautioulsy as not to disturb anything; before she could open her mouth to even inform him of the job being finished though he opened his own with a suggestion. A hunter or a fighter, she contemplated it quietly before laughing softly, "Yes but I enjoy spending time with you Sherwood." She thought a moment longer before addressing the reasons that his idea would surely never work. "Besides, I'm not really fit to do either. I can't focus well enough to be a hunter and I'm too weak to ever become a fighter," she mused. She didn't state these things as a way of talking down on her own being, she merely said them as facts. She had been the runt of the litter and her brothers had excluded her from their activites, she'd grown up with her days being spent in laziness and relaxation.
Last edited by unnamed on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unnamed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [♛ \\ the forest was too quiet ] --

Postby autumn, » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:26 pm

--𝙰 𝙻 𝙰 𝚂 𝙺 𝙰 !!
      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━
      ( sex. female ) ( rank. lead hunter ) ( tags. hermes, shiloh ) ( words. 943 )

indent. i wonder if i will find anything down here... the wolf wondered to herself as she walked alone down the dirt path. she hadn't heard or smelt anything yet, but her muzzle was set high in the air, ready to catch the first fragrance of a deer, elk, or smaller mammal. it was as if the forest was hiding itself, running away from the dangers of the peach colored monsters that now inhabited the land. she imagined mother nature to be ashamed of herself for allowing such a vile creature to set foot on her territory, scared and dreading the outcome. mother nature was not always in favor with the wolves and her other inhabitants, but alaska believed that she had made a mistake by allowing these foreign men near her lands. there were no sounds throughout the forest except for the occasional song of a robin or twig snapping from a squirrel running across the treetops. it gave the fae a weary feeling as she padded along silently. normally, alaska loved her walks through the tall green grass underneath the canopy of leaves that blocked the sunlight from hitting the ground. normally, she would not feel uneasy walking up against the tall oak trees that cast their looming shadows on the earth floor, but today, it was different. something was different.
        the forest was too quiet, she could here her own breath... the sound of her heart beating widely in her chest... she didn't like it one bit. she missed the days when she could be at peace in the wilderness, now she just felt like she needed to check every bush,
        every tree, and every pathway. a human could be waiting with a loud firing-stick in his hands anywhere.

with an uneasy feeling creeping up on the white she-wolf, her focus was thrown off. no longer was she set on finding prey nor did she smell any scents of her prey, both past and new. no, she caught the scent of something different. a thicker smell hit the canine's throat, stinging slightly and causing her to cough in surprise. she recognized the scent, but from where? it smelled somewhat of the forest... an old oak tree maybe? it was something that she had smelled before, but what could it be? it wasn't something of great significance in her past, if it had been then she was sure to remember, but she still recognized it. what could that be? she was drawn towards the scent, abandoning her mission of hunting and searching for the root of this strange fragrance. she padded cautiously towards the area that she assumed it was coming from, an area close to where she had been earlier when speaking to her alpha and beta. as she got closer, it began to become more familiar to her. it's smoke! she realized with a start. of course! how could she not have caught on sooner? the thick, sooty fragrance of smoke was filling her nostrils. it wasn't too strong, however, which made her feel more at ease. at least that means that it can't be a big fire, right? the pearly white fae kept a strong pace as she continued onward. she needed to find out the source of the fire so that she could report the situation to hermes. what will he think of this? she wondered to herself. surely it had been the humans that had caused the blaze... what would hermes decide to do? would he want them to take action right away? what if he decided to move the pack? an empty feeling lie inside her belly. she did not want to leave, she loved their home. anxious and in a hurry to find out for herself, she picked up her pace until she was at a slower paced run. the forest swirled around her as she went on.

as she neared the area, she slowed down. the last thing she would want to do was startle an unsuspecting human. she might as well howl her goodbyes to her pack-mates if she did that. cautiously, she sniffed the air for any fresh signs of human activity. once she was sure that she was safe, the female wolf pushed her way through the bushes. two dark figures caught her attention from the corner of her eye, startling her greatly. "oh!" a small gasp left her maw at the sight of the brutes. she was both surprised and upset that she hadn't caught their scent in the first place. lucky for her, they looked just as surprised if not more. her white fur stood on end for a few more moments before she forced it to lie down flat on her back once more. the smell of the smoke must have hid their scent. "my apologies. i was just looking for the fire..." she said somewhat awkwardly. alaska glanced over at the fire that had once been burning, caused by the hands of the creatures that had invaded their lands. it was now just a small pile of burnt wood, charcoal and ash around it with a small amount of smoke drifting upwards from it. she glared at the pile for a moment, and then glanced at her side. she hadn't noticed before that she had rubbed against a burnt stick as well. their was now a long charcoal stripe from her shoulder to her flank. with a small sigh, she turned to the males. "what will we do? they are getting close to camp." she knew that it wasn't quite her place to be asking such questions, but she was worried about the pack.
autumn,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me