WIP - Cold Call

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

WIP - Cold Call

Postby Egg With Legs » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:02 am

oh god im making this in here

The bus creaks and shudders as it rolls up the winding mountain road, the chill breeze cutting through whatever clothes you wear, nipping at your skin. Out the window, the grand vista of the Alps lies before you; snow-capped islands of land jut out of the sea of fog below, shrouded by distance and mist, and just as breathtaking in scale and majesty as when you first laid eyes on them. Which, unfortunately brings you back to why you're here.

About a months ago, you received a letter from a friend of your grandfather's, delivering some sad news; your grandfather had unfortunately passed away in a barn fire. You had spent much of your early childhood living in the Alps with your grandfather; with your parents passing away when you were barely a toddler, he was the only family you had left. Even after coming to the States in pursuit of higher education with what your parents had set aside, you still maintained a written correspondence when time allowed for it. But now, the last of your family that you know of lies dead, and as his sole surviving heir, it falls to you to return to your childhood home and settle his modest estate. A depressing task to be sure.

Fortunately, your grandfather seemed to have foreseen how taxing such a task would be, and as such had managed to send enough funds to a few of your closest friends along with you. And, with Fall break coming soon enough to plan the trip, it should serve as both an enjoyable vacation for your friends, and a much needed source of support for yourself.

Perhaps these next few weeks won’t be as bad as you thought.

Heh. If only you knew.
Last edited by Egg With Legs on Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP - Cold Call

Postby Egg With Legs » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:09 pm

The Rules
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. All of Tess's rules still apply.
2. Presence in the discord, while not mandatory, is highly recommended so as to easily coordinate plot ideas, possible character interactions, and so forth.
3. Decent grammar and a lack of 1-3 liners is a must here.
4. If you are going to be inactive for a time, please alert both those you are rping with and myself.
5. Only one character per person please
6. Remember the time honored tradition of the Fade To Black. Use it, and use it well.
7. Powergaming is a no. If you seek to do something, give others the freedom to react rather than dictating it yourself.
8. Be rootin, be tootin, but most of all, be kind.

The Characters
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Friends - The companions you’ve chosen for this trip. Keep them close.

You - Yourself. A quiet sort, preferring the solitude of the great outdoors to your own kind, but those few friends you have are the world to you. Especially now. Your grandfathers death has been hard on you; still is, even with how long it’s been, but perhaps coming here might bring some measure of closure.

The Best Friend - Your first, and finest, friend after coming to the states. A social animal, if there ever was one. More at home among friends and parties than up here, but understands how important this is to you and decided to come anyways. Bickers a lot with The Academic, but The Best Friend seems to actually enjoy it.

The Academic - Your principal study partner, and another good friend. Their principal purpose seems to be to excel in their studies, and excel they do. Asocial and high strung, but is very reliable on their word. Bringing them along was more for their sake than yours; they haven't been as on top of their studies as they usually have. Maybe a break up in the mountains could help? Bickers a lot with The Best Friend, but The Academic seems to be just annoyed at most.

The Athlete - Your friend from the outdoors club. The favored target of rumor mongers, due to their temper and a ban on playing in any sports on campus due to causing a rather severe injury. A rather touchy subject to them, but as far as you can tell they're a good egg, and your only friend that seems to have a similar appreciation for the simple joys of the outdoors. Neither of your other friends particularly trust them, and The Athlete seems less-than-inclined to do anything about it. Hopefully, this'll change that.

The Parishoners - Residents of the Parish where your grandfather lived.

The Priest - Your grandfather's old friend from the Army who sent the letter, and your honorary uncle. A reserved man who wasn't much for sermons, but a kind man who was always ready to lend an ear to you or your grandfather. Rather cagey about anything involving their time in the War, though.

The Supplier - Your grandfather’s friend, who delivered supplies to the Parish, as well as staying for long stretches of time to spend time with your grandfather, as well as assist him in his old age. Someone seemingly always filled with vim and vigor, and where your grandfather and The Priest were more taciturn, they were exuberant. Also seemed to get quiet whenever the topic of the War or the past was broached, usually followed by reaching for a cigarette.

The Old Friend - Your childhood friend, the child of the Supplier who joined them during their stays in The Parish. Similarly exuberant as their father, and also prone to throwing caution to the wind in pursuit of adventure in the mountains. You and them were honestly a bit sweet on each other, but you lost contact with them when you moved to the States. You wonder how they’ve changed since you’ve been gone, or if you might be lucky enough to even see them.

A Man in Black - Your grandfather's....friend? You were never exactly sure who he was, or what he, your grandfather and company talked about; it was always very hush-hush when he was over. You do get the feeling that he wasn't appreciated company; your grandfather always turned to is pipe after talking with him. Nor are you really sure where he even came from. No-one to worry about for now.
Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP - Cold Call

Postby Egg With Legs » Mon May 02, 2022 7:10 pm

The Town

Egg With Legs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me