⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ L u m i n a r i e s ! ! !

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ L u m i n a r i e s ! ! !

Postby bugbites » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:09 pm

╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
The city. It's dark. And cold. It's become hard to survive between the tyrant rulers and the
mutated creatures that now roam the streets. The survivors are quickly giving up hope for
the next day, wondering if the sun too will soon grow tired and give up on the pitiful excuse
for a planet that is known as Earth. Maybe the sun will take pity on the lifeforms and explode,
causing everyone a relatively painless death. It's gotten so hopeless that, yes, people are
legitimately hoping the sun will explode any day now. It's not a very realistic wish, but it's
one nonetheless.
Within these hopeless survivors, however, lay the luminaries. They protest the tyrants who
make the already hard conditions even worse. Some of the luminaries protest loudly and
violently, setting official government buildings ablaze, while others protest through art or
public speaking. A few things are shared between all of them, however. They all hate the
tyrants, they all want to save the survivors of the city, they all group together to plan their
next protests, and all of them keep their identities hidden, even from each other. Whether
it be a mask, wigs, costumes, so on so forth, their identities are kept completely hidden.
It's not an easy life, isolating yourself and only being with people when discussing how to
break down the awful government in this dystopian world, but it's a tough life they're
willing to take in order to try and save what's left of the human race.
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ background & info

Postby bugbites » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:09 pm

Image╒══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
BACKGROUND
It's now 2077. Nuclear war broke out across the world in another World War. This war quite
literally caused the end of the world. Anyone outside of their bomb shelters perished, and
nearly all natural organisms were mutated. Some humans were mutated as well, many of
them becoming part of the so-called luminaries. The city started in the large area
surrounding and consisting of what once was New York City. The city is now most of the
state of New York. This new civilization has become a dystopian society. The people of
this city are run by the tyrannical dictator and his 'helpers'. It's much like a government,
but the dictator only occasionally takes advice from his men. He is cruel, mysterious,
reckless, and his identity is unknown to all but his closest assistant. He knows of the
luminaries, but they're so good at keeping their identities hidden that he doesn't know
who they are. He does know that he hates them, though.

The nuclear weapons that were used during WWIII have had some side effects on the
residents of the city, animal and human. Animals have grown extra limbs, multiple
eyes, three mouths, giant fangs, and many have grown in size. You will rarely see two
animals with the same mutations. Still, there are some animals without mutations.
Taming these mutated creatures is not easy, but it often pays off as they will protect
you in exchange for food, and protection is a must have in a city like this.
Robbing, murder, betrayal, and many other crimes are common. Very few people have
friends, and those who do constantly watch their backs and keep their valuables
well-hidden and secret. There's very little trust in this city between the civilians, but
every single civilian knows they can trust the luminaries. They've only ever done bad
to the government, and they often steal from government officials to feed the people
of the city. The luminaries have become a sign of hope, destruction, and general good
and equality for the hopeless city of nuclear warfare survivors.
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ rules ⎯⎯⎯

Postby bugbites » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:43 am

╒═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
i. PM reserves to me. Reserves last 48 hours. If you don't have a detailed form up within
48 hours, your reserve will be lost.
ii. If there's a personality/mutation written for your character, please try to stick to it.
iii. Each player may have one luminary, one government character, and one human.
iv. Please only post forms on the discussion thread.
v. Disable your signature on both this thread and the discussion thread.
vi. Remember, every day is a struggle for survival. Don't have your character constantly
well-fed and perfectly healthy. There is nuclear radiation, after all.
vii. Some mutations are more powerful than others. Don't abuse them if your character
has more powerful mutations.
viii. Every character has their flaws. Make your character realistic and not a Mary-Sue please.
ix. Luminaries keep their identities hidden. If you want your luminary to reveal their
identity at some point that's fine, but work up to it. Don't do it immediately.
x. Please be polite and post 300+ words per post. Post once every 4 days minimum. If you don't
post frequently I will PM you and your character will be removed and the spot will be opened up again.
Last edited by bugbites on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ characters ⎯⎯⎯ luminaries

Postby bugbites » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:54 am

╒══════════════════════════╕
Adaptable
They're very good at being resourceful
and adjusting to changes. Being a
normal human with no mutations, this
skill is very helpful in finding materials
to patronize the government with. They
also happen to be very kind to others
and make friends with nearly everyone.
name;
gender;
user;
mutations; none
Charismatic
They are very good at getting what
they want by using their natural
charm. They talk a reasonable
amount, though they don't make
very many friends. Their sibling is
the one who keeps them talking and
moving. Their sibling is Fun-Loving.
name; Aurora
gender; Female
user; stranger
mutations; none
Brilliant
This luminary is very smart. They
prefer to be hidden and offer plans
to the other luminaries. They're not
very trusting, but they know they're
smart enough to allow themselves to
get close-ish to the others and still be
able to get out of danger.
name; Rose
gender; Female
user; Pyra
mutations; none

Demonstrative
They're basically the 'mom' of the
group. They teach the others lots of
things due to being on the streets
even before the war. They're the oldest
of the group and really take care of the
other luminaries, comforting them and
taking care of their wounds.
name; reserved
gender;
user; nevermind.
mutations; none
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fun-Loving
They're very loud and excitable.
They're extremely trustworthy,
but also gets angry if their trust
is betrayed. They've mutated
wings which allow them to fly
and easily reach higher buildings
to paint. Sibling of Charismatic.
name; Daniel
gender; Male
user; bugbites
mutations; large wings similar to
an eagle's
Emotional
This luminary has mutations which
allow them to cause huge bursts of
power based on emotions. Anger
causes fire, sadness causes water,
fear causes darkness, etc. They try
to avoid people to keep their power
under control, so they're introverted.
name; Teru
gender; Female
user; younghaunting
mutations; creates large bursts of
elemental energy with emotions

Graceful
They've gained thin yet extremely strong
bones. This allows them to be very light
on their feet and fast while also being
able to have extreme amounts of strength.
Their bones are so thin that it basically
allows a float effect. They can jump off
of a building and float to the ground.
name; Adriana
gender; Female
user; Kyoyo
mutations; Thin yet strong bones;
Floating and strength
Illuminated
This luminary has gained the ability
to essentially glow in the dark. They
have bioluminescent patches along
their body which they can control at
will, though they need time to recharge.
They also can see very well in the dark,
so they often work at night.
name; Hadley
gender; Female
user; distressed_piglet
mutations; Bioluminescence and
night vision
Honeyed
Their vocal chords have been
mutated to allow them to have the
sweetest voice. This is helpful in
getting their way. They've also
developed antennae much like a
moth's. This allows them to pick up
on the smallest of movements.
name; Rowan
gender; Female
user; Speak
mutations; Charming voice and antennae
Last edited by bugbites on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ characters ⎯⎯⎯ government

Postby bugbites » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:03 am

President
This mysterious man is referred to as
President. He's controlling, angry, and
extremely unfair. He doesn't care at all
what happens to the people of his city,
and he's only shown to care about one
person; His assistant. He's cruel to most
who work under him.
name; Enzo
gender; Male
user; bugbites
mutations; Extremely heightened
senses
Assassin
They're very cruel and have no heart.
They work for the President for their
guaranteed safety, of course, but they
also don't mind killing here and there.
Their main targets are the luminaries.
They're very street-smart and will do
anything to do what they need to do.
name; Carter
gender; Male
user; distressed_piglet
mutations; none
Assistant
He is considered to be the President's
friend, though no one's sure if that's
a good thing or not. He does a lot of
the speaking for the President, and
he's pretty close to him. He's the
only one to have seen the President's
face. He's pretty kind.
name; Kirin
gender; Male
user; Saxhleel
mutations; Shapeshifts into small animals
Last edited by bugbites on Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ characters ⎯⎯⎯ humans

Postby bugbites » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:16 am

name;
gender;
user;
name;
gender;
user;
name;
gender;
user;

name;
gender;
user;
name;
gender;
user;
name;
gender;
user;

name;
gender;
user;
name;
gender;
user;
name;
gender;
user;
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ O p e n & A c c e p t i n g ! ! !

Postby bugbites » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:49 pm

now open! please make sure
      to read the rules and disable
      your signature. thanks! ❤︎
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ B u m p ! ! !

Postby bugbites » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:33 am

☆ looking back in my rear view
      nothing, no nothing can change you, no
      i decided to play when i knew you were fire
      it started off warm but now i hear the choir
      who do you think you are
      leaving your keys in my car
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ danny ; 1 | ★ enzo ; 1

Postby bugbites » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:10 pm

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯Danny⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
⎯⎯⎯⎯ fun-loving ⎯⎯⎯⎯ male ⎯⎯⎯⎯ 19 ⎯⎯⎯⎯ tags; open ⎯⎯⎯⎯ form ⎯⎯⎯⎯
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Danny hummed as his wings flapped, working hard to keep him in the air. Although they weren't the fastest wings around, they worked decently well in keeping him hovering. He had a backpack on backwards so the opening was on his chest so he could grab different spray paints when needed. After he was done, he landed and looked up at his newest work. It was a brightly colored mural of all of the luminaries. He wiped his hands on his black hoodie, leaving even more neon spots of color on the jacket. In fact, the jacket was more colored with little spots of black shining through at this point. So were his jeans, shoes, and the bandana that covered from his nose down to keep his identity hidden. Since he had giant wings on his back, it was hard to have two lives like some of the other luminaries did, so he decided to just abandon his old identity.
He took a few steps back to look at all of his latest artwork, though he tripped over a large piece of rubble and fell backwards. He landed on his butt and groaned with pain, sitting for a moment on the ground. He spread his wings to help his balance as he picked himself back up and brushed off some of the dust from his clothes. He quickly went back to examining his work, and although it wasn't perfect, he was satisfied with it. He hoped all of the bright colors would allow some of the citizens to smile at least for a moment. Danny closed his backpack, but kept it on his front so he could still use his wings properly.
The winged boy looked around for any sign of life and flinched at the distant sound of a gun. Although the luminaries were safe from even the worst of citizens, he still hated violence. The only reason he wasn't more afraid was that every single citizen seemed to abide by the unwritten and unspoken rule that the luminaries were not to be harmed in any way. Of course they still had to worry about the government, but it helped a lot that the majority of the city was on their side. They had an easier time surviving than the other citizens, but it was still hard. A lot of the food he gathered went to sick or young citizens who couldn't steal from heavily armed stores themselves. A lot of the so-called owners of the shops would allow luminaries in to get a small amount of supplies that they needed, but they were only allowed a small amount of things.
Fortunately, Danny's aunt left the two surviving children all of her belongings. She didn't have a lot, but everything she owned was extremely helpful. Danny took ownership of a handgun and all of its ammunition. He and his sister split everything pretty evenly, as they did with almost everything. Speaking of, he hadn't seen her all day. Seeing as he didn't have anything else to do and he was beginning to worry about her, he decided to go look for her.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯Enzo⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
⎯⎯⎯⎯ the president ⎯⎯⎯⎯ male ⎯⎯⎯⎯ 26 ⎯⎯⎯⎯ tags; open ⎯⎯⎯⎯ form ⎯⎯⎯⎯
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Enzo sat in his dark office tapping his fingers on his desk. It wasn't uncommon for someone who rarely left a single room to get bored, but at this point it was getting ridiculous. One would think that if someone basically ruled an entire city they would never be bored, but no, it was the opposite for the dictator. He let his employees actually carry everything out, so all Enzo could do was sit. And wait. And plan. And instruct and punish. The only person he's ever even talked to since he took control is his assistant, though the ruler wasn't sure if he wanted to see him right now. Emotions were a sign of weakness in his eyes, and he certainly felt emotions whenever Kirin was around. Maybe that's what happened when you isolate yourself to every single person to one; you latch on to them to lessen the starvation for human interaction.
He spun around in his chair, wheeling around his room. Yes, he was the most threatening figure alive at this moment, and yes he did kill many people without a second thought, but he was still a person. Everyone knows hardly anyone can resist playing with a rolling chair. Although it's fun, he quickly got bored and stood up, tucking his chair under his desk. Enzo went to his nightstand and poured a small amount of whiskey into a shot glass. Alcohol was hard to obtain and was to be used sparingly, so he did his best to have only very little amounts once every other day. It was much easier for him to gain the rarest of goods, but he still didn't want to waste them. One day everything runs out, and he really didn't want to bring that day closer.
He sighed and sat on the side of his bed before loosening his tie and drinking the small amount of liquid in his glass. Although only one person saw him, and rather sparingly at that, Enzo still dressed reasonably well. It kept his self-confidence up and allowed him to really look the part of threatening and mysterious overlord. Anyone who doesn't know him doesn't know how non-serious he can be at times. When he's not really doing much, he can actually act quite like a kid. When it does come to work, though, he really lives up to the threatening and deadly image he and his employees have painted for himself. In fact, he's not at all scared to kill employees when they show the slightest hint of disobeying. He looked to the window that the blinds were covering on the wall that his desk sat against. He very rarely peeked through the blinds so as to not risk losing the fact that his identity is a well kept secret, but he wanted to see the sunlight. He opened one of the shades and looked outside. It wasn't very sunny out due to the constant clouds looming over the city, but it was better than the candles that were doing their best to light the president's dull room. He took a deep breath, almost wanting to go outside. He could hear the shuffling of feet from other rooms in his house, knowing most of them could go outside at any time but wouldn't. The president's house was the only well protected building in the city and many of his workers refuse to leave the safety for understandable reasons. Death is very hard to avoid in the city, but that was the way Enzo liked it. He rarely had to kill people as citizens took care of that for him, and those who survived would be easily taken care of by his assassin.
He closed the blinds and once again took a seat on the edge of his bed facing the door. He tapped the empty glass just to give his hands something to do. It was often maddening, sitting in his dark room with nothing to do. He had already finished a lot of orders that weren't due to be carried out for weeks, so he was ahead in all of his work. There really wasn't anything to do. At all. He sighed, staring at the door as if willing for someone to come in and put an end to his slow death due to boredom.
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me