hadestown!! (accepting)

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

hadestown!! (accepting)

Postby meadow. » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:25 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxEITHER GET TO HELL OR TO
H A D E S T O W N
xxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxXXxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxAINT NO DIFFERENCE ANYMORE

this rp is based on the musical & concept album "hadestown," by anaïs mitchell. the story told by the original music is that of orpheus and eurydice in a post-apocalyptic depression-type setting. essentially, hades, in this case a mortal businessman, and his wife persephone, rule over a sort of settlement called "hadestown," where even the poorest can find work. those within the border of hadestown are provided for (food, board, clothes) but it comes at a small price (their mortal soul). those who enter hadestown cannot leave. hades rules with an iron fist. the people work tirelessly at building the enormous wall around the border, or in the mines, and children work in the fields.

this rp takes place within the borders of hadestown. we watched orpheus fight for eurydice, and though he failed, he ignited a hope for rebellion within the walls. riots began, and though they were quickly dispelled, the unrest remained. now, the downtrodden workers are prepared to fight for their freedom. little do they know, they're not just dead inside, they are dead. there is nothing left for them on the outside world.
Last edited by raey on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: poll removed
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

characters

Postby meadow. » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 pm

hades ("king" of hadestown, ruthless ruler and leader w no mercy for rebels or mutineers) - open
    persephone (wife of hades, runs a speakeasy which provides such luxuries as moonlight, rain, and sunshine) - open
    eurydice (something of a celebrity but otherwise unspecial demigod (daughter of apollo)) - open

others
    (i'd prefer greek mythological figures if you can find one that you like, but oc's are okay too!):
    kassandra - meadow.
    janus - sicksadworld.

currently accepting reservations for all characters and "others" spots! i'll top this off at 15 people.
Last edited by meadow. on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

settings

Postby meadow. » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:00 pm

(wip / coming soon)
persephone's speakeasy, "the garden" - coming soon