{★ ━━ shots fired ! } A Hamilton AU o/a

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

(3) aka thnks mobile

Postby baron zemo. » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:04 am

Gilbert du Motier "Marquis" de Lafayette
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Non-Binary || 20 || Skill mimicry || Sons of Liberty || Location: Warehouse|| Tags: John||

Considering just how long the unforeseen game of cat-and-mouse had been going on in the warehouse, Lafayette knew that there was bound to be some cracks in their armour. They'd spent most of their time covering for a steady retreat - a takedown here, a distraction there - but with the numbers dwindling through that and the odd capture, the tactic fizzled out like a dying wick. Add the fact that whatever those Redcoats wanted was probably out of the building already, and the young marquis was practically ready to cut their losses, despite how gnawed their pride was feeling at that moment.
    At least they had a trusted friend by their side; if not, they were sure they would have been far more reckless.

Feigning a hurt grimace at the light punch, Lafayette rolled their eyes, though the smile gave away their jest. "Well, not all of us can have," Briefly, they made air quotes. "The American Charm, though I'm positive that you can teach this frenchie?" With that, they turned slightly in their crouched position, peeking out from their hiding place with a critical eye. Before they could voice their opinions - let alone observations - they caught the expression on their friend's face, and promptly swallowed a lighter retort. No, this was not the place to be doing this, and time was running out. Jaw clenching, they ducked back, leaning slightly on the nearest crate.

"They seem to be grouping up - so they value safety in numbers, yes?" Straightening their posture as much as one could in that position, Lafayette shook his head, eyes steely. "They know there aren't many of us left, so if one attacks attacks a group, overpowering is easy." They huffed, annoyed with themselves for getting into this mess, but continued quietly. For a moment, a hand went up to their hair, gripping at the bun and tugging; it was one of the few quirks they'd tried to get rid of, especially with it being attributed to frustration and stress. Noticing the feeling m, the hand sprang off like it got stung. "They have numbers and one confirmed superpower on their side; those I'm not sure how bad it may be for us."

They peeked out again, "It's simple, yet entirely reckless...Carve a path out, no mercy." If it was the frustration takking, Lafayette didn't mind; besides, when one fought a war, hiding never got one too far.

Akila "Inkblots" Hart
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Female || 23 || Ink Manip. || Neutral || Location: streets || Tags: Eliza||

Plastering herself against the wall at the question, Akila closed her eyes and breathed in deep, shaking her head with slight fear. There was virtually no way to get out of there without making a noise, and if the other person decided to move towards her, then she'd probably have to lose another measure of paint. At the thought, the tagger snickered slightly, recalling the unfortunate police officer who had gotten too close, only to get a vicious spray of green paint to the face. It wasn't her most favourite moment per say, but man, did it stack up against many of inkblots' nighttime encounters.

However, it wasn't nighttime, which made this encounter a first in hopefully few. Pulling her bag closer, the tagger listened to the other - female, if the voice gave away anything - and practically huffed at the words. Hurt? If there was an intent...There wouldn't be this much back and forth. With that, Akila relaxed slightly, shuffling towards the opening with the intent to sprint away if needed. She may have avoided track (due to uniform restrictions) but she had enough energy to get the hell out of dodge, right?

However, the need dissipated at the last few sentences, making her gasp slightly. Being in such a secretive business had a few downfalls, with one being that you never saw that many reactions to your art. The mere fact that this person - whoever they were - was asking her not to deface the mural ( a normal thing for egotistical taggers to do), it was heartwarming. Damn, did that feel pretty nice for once, and with the burst of unforeseen euphoria, Akila opened her mouth. "Thanks...It's always nice to hear that people like this shi-"
    Wait. Instantly, she slapped a hand over her mouth, feeling fabric as her eyes widened. A groan, muffled by both obstructions, followed. "Well damn, there goes some of our anonymity, idiot."
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

eliza;; 3

Postby meadow. » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:55 pm

ELIZABETH SCHUYLER
tagged: akila

eliza laughed as she heard the voice from around the corner, feeling confident enough to face the artist. "i knew it!" she cheered. "i knew it, it had to be you." she was so excited to be meeting the artist at last. she wrung her hands nervously in front of her, seeming unable to close her mouth once she'd gotten it open. objects in motion tend to stay in motion, right?

"my name is elizabeth schuyler, i'm such a huge fan of your work," she continued. "i run the 'look around' instagram page, everybody loves your work there. i'm always really careful to tag you in the picture and in the caption, i always want to make sure you get credit for your work. your art is so beautiful and so meaningful, it spreads such an important message. my sister's really popular among those sorts of rebellious characters, and i know they love your work almost as much as i do. art conveys things to people that words or ever music just can't, it's such a huge part of making this movement work--" eliza gasped for breath, realizing just how much she'd said, and her face flushed.

"...anyways," she laughed awkwardly, lowing down the pace of the one-sided seeming conversation. "i'm heading off to meet my sisters for coffee... if you'd like to join us?'
meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(4)

Postby baron zemo. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Akila "Inkblots" Hart
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Female || 23 || Ink Manip. || Neutral || Location: streets || Tags: Eliza||

Something hummed happily within the artist's chest, unused to hearing even the smallest of verbal praise for her work. It was one of the many downsides to working in anonymity, and she knew that all too well. However, Akila could not help but chuckle slightly at the rush of words that flowed out of the other's mouth, only to gape as each sentence weaved into context. "Wait a moment, you're 'look around'?!" There was a rise in pitch, nearing the tone of an adoring fan, and Akila peeled her mask off, eyes wide with shock. Slowly, the tagger stepped forward, using one hand to stuff the mask into her bag, and the other to brush some hair back sheepishly. "Man, it's an honor to know you like the stuff I do...I follow you on my personal account as well; y'know, keeping business away from personal things."

It was a small world after all, it seemed, and Akila couldn't help but feel a tad self-concious under the gaze. Funnily enough, it was more from the sheer starstruck mentality than the vitiligo, and when she heard Eliza break off with a deep breath, she attempted a smile. "And I'm ecstatic that all the rebellious members of society can relate, I've always grown up with that." At the mention of her youth, she paused, hand brushing down her hoodie, void of any paint and grime. It was odd, to say the least, but Akila hated to get paint anywhere, especially when she could control it. "Akila Hart, at your service." The artist refrained from mentioning her father.

However, she did blush slightly at the question, stomach tightening at the sheer implications. "And coffee? Oh, I don't want to intrude or anything --" She backtracked, shrugging as her hands gestured. "Not that I wouldn't like to but, y'know." With that, she laughed softly. "Yeah."
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me