on the verge // werewolves --

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

on the verge // werewolves --

Postby klue » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:54 pm

xxxxxx

nestled between the vast mountain ranges, lakes, and wilderness of
    northern idaho lies a quaint, and seemingly ordinary, college town.
    there is a house- a rather large house- surrounded by twenty acres just
    outside of the city limits. its walls house a wonder only snickered about in fantastical novels and tales.
    werewolves.
    yes they are real. yes, they are in danger.
    as with any town, it has its secrets.
    as more and more people flock to this part of the region, the threat of their secret being
    uncovered becomes even more imminent. there are those who wander alone, unaware
    that there are more of their kind just around the corner.
    their fate is in your hands

Last edited by klue on Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
klue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

on the verge // rules

Postby klue » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:22 pm

xxxxxx

one. all of the websites roleplaying and site rules apply,
    obviously. please follow them.
    two. there is to be no god-modding, no one
    is better than anyone else.
    three. this goes without saying, but please
    be respectfuland kind to everyone involved
    in the roleplay.
    four. this is a semi-lit to literate roleplay.
    all postsmust exceed two paragraphs in length.
    i understand writer's block, but
    if i notice you are consistently under posting
    i will contact you.
    five. try your best to have decent spelling
    and grammar. i am not perfect at this, none of us are
    just make sure it is easily understood.
    six. please post all forms and out of context content
    onto this discussion forum.
    seven. disable all signatures, please. also, all posts must be
    size 90 or below font, please.
    i love pretty looking threads. c:
    eight. only one character per person, please. also,
    balance genders.
    nine. be active! please try and post as
    much as you can!
    ten. and most importantly, have fun!
    if you have any questions, comments, concerns
    feel free to message me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          edit: all characters live, or are associated with (or will be, there will be room for some loners), this house spoken of previously. it is settled on a twenty acre parcel near national forest for the benefit of the beasts. there is a pack hierarchy within it. also, i anticipate that characters will live out relatively "normal" lives outside of their "abilities". (i.e. college students, workers, etc.)

alpha and beta pairings do not necessarily have to entail any type of romantic relationship to start out. if you would like that to be so, discuss it with the other roleplayer. however, to encourage drama/action in the roleplay, if one of your characters beings to crush on another (i.e. beta likes hunter) said hunter can fight for the other beta position.
Last edited by klue on Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 10 times in total.
klue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

on the verge // characters

Postby klue » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:43 pm

alpha - male - 24
        julian // siren,

alpha - female - 23
        charli // dreki

beta - male - 24
        alistair // øutkast
        beta - female - 22
        alaska // harley quinn.

lead hunter - female - 22
              jonah // razzberry

hunter -male - 23
              wesley // .:J.Sparrow:.

hunter - female - 18
              amelia // wanderlust,

healer - male - 22
        korak // lacke

scout - female - 21
              glory // corvidqueen
              xxxx

scout - gender - 20
              jordan // fadingtears

loner - female - 21
              wolfie // collie,

loner - male - 23
              mason // crono

loner - male - 23
              malakai // azhefa.
Last edited by klue on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 49 times in total.
klue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

on the verge // events

Postby klue » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:47 pm

xxxxxx

9/25/17-roleplay opened
    9/28/17-first post up

Last edited by klue on Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
klue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

charli // one

Postby klue » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 am

xxxxxxxCHARLI
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx alpha femalexxxxxxat the housexxxxxxtags; open
xxxxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬

The fall was one of the most beautiful seasons in the area. Outside, green leaves were transformed into different shades of yellow and orange, creating a mosaic of warm colors across the landscape. The sky was gray, but not unpleasant. As it was later in the season, the temperature was steadily dropping day by day and there was an obvious bite to the air, even inside. The house they all stayed in didn't have electric heat. They relied on a fireplace to heat the place, which meant working hard all summer to chop up enough firewood to endure the long, cold winter.

A light blonde haired girl sat criss-cross on a gray sofa, coffee mug in hand, her eyes fixated on the electronic clock over the stove. 8:26 a.m. Charli was usually the first one out of the bunch awake, at least she appeared to be this morning. She took her role as alpha very seriously and felt that it was part of her duties to get up, heat the house, and get things going for the day.
            A hearty fire burned behind the glass screen of the fireplace, giving the living area an orange-ish glow. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the space- it was a cozy place they all called home.
            As was her custom, she had turned on the television to the local news station. It was always the first task she performed. There was hardly anything of interest that aired, but she turned it on every morning nonetheless. It was better to be informed of what was happening, especially if you weren't... like everyone else.

Charli's coffee colored eyes slid down to the t.v. screen as the words "rent rates" were flashing across. It was some dumb reporter babbling on about how rent rates had increased in the area due to the influx of people.
            "That's for sure," the girl mumbled. Rent was due soon so she made a mental note to discuss that with the others at some point today.
            They also needed groceries. Her morning routine also consisted of checking to see what supplies they needed. She set out a list so that each member of the house, when they had time, could write down what particular things they needed.
            Sometimes they would go weeks without purchasing a whole lot due to their unusual circumstances. Unlike werewolves in folklore, they could shift whenever they felt like. This, at times, caused them to stay in their beastly forms for extended periods of time, rendering human necessities useless.

Some of them had jobs, some didn't. They all did their part for the greater unit, though, and Charli was very appreciative of that. This past year she had obtained her bachelor's degree in biology from the local college. Though she wasn't entirely sure what she wanted to do with her life (again, her unusual circumstances) she was still thankful for the degree. There was a local coffee shop just outside of town that she worked at a couple of days a week in order to help pay the bills. Luckily, it was Saturday, so she had the day off to relax- though relaxing was hardly ever a part of her schedule, even if it is the weekend.

Charli sighed and leaned further back, closing her eyes for a moment of rest. Her mind was working over-drive, as per usual, so she relished moments like this where she could sit alone and just close her eyes, waiting for the others to make their regularly scheduled morning arrivals.
Last edited by sun on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a font image.
klue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RILEY// SCOUT -- post one

Postby I'm done delete me. » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:43 am

[]RILEY
        xxxxxx age: twenty || crush: none || location: woods || form: wolf || tags: none
        ═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
        as the sun touched her white fur, she felt it's warmth. she stretched out her body, until her eyes fluttered open unaware of where she was. as her eyes focused, she saw that she had crashed out here last night whilst doing her patrol. it wasn't unusual for her, she usually grew tired on her walks and found it more comfortable sleeping under the night sky rather than her warm comfy bed. when she was ready, she started to get up onto all fours with a quick shake of her white fur as she tried to remove the brown crisp leaves that had fallen on her throughout the night. with another stretch, she was trying to decide whether to head back or start her morning patrol. riley looked around her surroundings to see where she was, she sniffed the air and caught a scent of the house with the others inside which wasn't to far away. she was trying to figure out whereabouts she was in the woods. once she knew she wasn't to far from the house, she started to move away to start her shift.
        xxxxxxxxxxshe slowly made her way through the forest, sniffing around making sure there wasn't any unwanted visitors about. so far so good, everything seemed to be normal. as she searched around the area sniffing the territory making sure their mark was still strong, she grew more bored since nothing had changed from last night. she stopped in her tracks as she tried to think what to do next since there was nothing around the area that was a threat to the pack. riley didn't know whether to go to the town or back to the house, it felt rude if she didn't go back to them since she hadn't been their last night and she didn't get to say 'morning' to pack. however, did anyone really care? did anyone even notice her come back last night? were they worried? probably not since she was old enough to take care of herself but she was still a young wolf learning the rules still about her kind.
        xxxxxxxxxxbut, if she was going to go into town she really did need to get changed and have shower since she had been sleeping out here last night her human state probably doesn't look good to walk around town in. with a quick yawn, she then made her way back to the house. riley knew the alpha should be up at this time, but she didn't want to run into her this morning, she didn't know whether the others would be up. she wondered if she could sneak in without anyone noticing to get to her bedroom and just get ready for the day. it was worth a try at least to avoid people.
I'm done delete me.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: on the verge // werewolves -- open & accepting

Postby delani » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:40 am

xj u l i a n xj a c o b s
────────────────────────

[ alpha male - pack house - tagged: charli, open ]

Julian had been up most of the night, as per his usual. With the pack house so close to the city, it wasn't hard to wander towards the twinkling lights and sound of people on the street, and the alpha was no stranger to the socializations it provided. He enjoyed being in the moonlight, among the throngs of carefree people under the shadows of the dark. And it was when everything dangerous came out to play, giving the brute a perfect opportunity to keep tabs on all the latest city gossip, whatever shape or form.

It was, therefore, not until the smell of coffee floating through the house finally woke him. With his preference for the nightlife, he was far from a morning person, and he often joked that he was the moon to the alpha female's sun. Him up at midnight, and her at the first sign of daybreak. With a sigh, he got up and dressed, heading out into the hall when he had finished. The sound of the television was his first indication of Charli's presence, per her daily routine, and he ran a single hand through his ever-unruly hair as he entered the room, squinting towards the tv before turning towards the petite girl on the couch. "Grocery lists?" He asked, giving a dramatic scowl as he glanced at the handwritten slip of paper in her hand. Shopping for their supplies was, perhaps, one of his least favorite activities to partake in, and he always attempted to schedule something- anything- on those days.

Ignoring the thought of an impending afternoon stuck between the chip and granola aisles, he continued walking, wandering past Charli and into the kitchen to pour himself a quick cup of the waiting coffee before returning to the living room, dropping into a matching chair that sat diagonally from the alphess. No one else seemed to be up yet, although he hadn't seen the night patrol come back, even in his late hour. He thought for a moment, considering who had left. Riley. Vaguely contemplating how far into her patrol she had probably passed out on, he reminded himself to check in with her later in the day. With the recent influx to the city population, it was only time before more curious citizens roamed around their property, daring friends towards the house or starting bonfires for their adolescent rebellions, and julian was far from keen to have them, heaven forbid, stumble across a pack member while shifted. It would only ensue panic, as well as draw attention towards the property, neither or which would cause any positive notions towards the pack. So they would keep sending out patrols, despite the lack of any real danger for the time being. It was a headache, for sure- trying to organize it between them all and their various human lives, but a necessary one. Letting out a silent breath, Julian continued to sip from his mug in thought, glancing idly toward the television as he thought over what the rest of the morning held.
delani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

wolfie I - [ the coffee shop ]

Postby chase. » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:31 am

Wolfie - you hit the dog, I break you
╔══════════╗

the 'broken' loner
n. names wolf
crush //
rank loner
shift human
form [xXx]

Tags:
>> none // open

╚══════════╝

The loud alarm started blaring in wolfie's ear, causing the loner to roll over and knock it straight off the bedside table in a poor attempt to stop the obnoxious sound. The alarm clock didn't cease ringing, instead it just kept on going until Wolfie finally leaned over the bed and shut it off. "why do I do this to myself?" She mumbled, reffering to setting the alarm for this time in the morning. Sitting up she rubbed her eyes gently, her two dogs had also been awoken by the awful ringing and were now shuffling closer to Wolfie. The female chuckled at their behaviour and yawned, stretching slightly before getting up, letting out a small yelp as she accidentally tripped over the alarm clock which was still on the floor. Wolfie managed to place her hands on the wall just in time to stop herself from falling. Sighing she stood up straight once she had steadied herself and picked the hazard up, placing it on the wooden bedside table before opening the door and allowing her to dogs to go downstairs.

Heading downstairs Wolfie figured that she could call in sick today at work, she was a hard worker and didn't take many days off work. Anyways, she thought that she could get some things done around the house and go get some food from the shops. Looking at the front door she noticed that a letter was posted halfway through the letter box - white in colour with 'important' stamped on it in bold red letters. Running a hand through her hair she already knew what this was going to be but she took it anyway, hesitating for a few seconds before walking into the kitchen. Tossing the letter onto the table she opened one of the larger cupboards and took out a tub filled with dry food before pouring two bowls for her dogs. Making them sit for a few seconds before putting their food down was their daily routine and Wolfie couldn't help but grin to herself as they did it automatically. Once they were busy eating Wolfie turned to the envelope and picked it back up, opening it with a huff. Just what she was expecting was inside - this months rent fee. Looked like Wolfie had to go to work today after all.

Wolfie was a barista working in a coffee shop for a few hours a day, the wage was low but aside from the animal training she occasionally did it was her only source of income - and she needed it. Glancing at the digital clock above the oven she relaxed slightly - she still had enough time to get dressed and walk there and she'd just skip breakfast for today and get a coffee when she arrived. Running back up the stairs she took some clothes out to get changed into, - just a simple pair of black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt with the word 'wild' written on it in black and a red plaid shirt. Once she was dressed and had brushed her teeth she quickly ran a brush through her dark brown hair and left it down. Wolfie wasn't a fan of messing around with her hair and found it easier to just leave it down instead of putting it into a bun or ponytail. The one bonus about her job was the fact that her two dogs could go with her - on the condition they were behaved and stayed in a separate bit under the counter.

Picking up their leads she quickly clipped them on the large dogs' collars and left the house. Wolfie locked up before heading off, it was only a ten minute walk so it wasn't too bad and anyways, she liked the fresh air. The walk was quiet and the loner found herself getting away from the thoughts about the rent that was due, hopefully after today she could pay it and then buy the dogs some more food and stock up on the basics. She always joked that if she needed she could just shift and hunt for something at night but with the rent and bills it might actually be an idea. Wolfie didn't have time to ponder on the thought though as before she knew it she had arrived at the quaint coffee shop.

The small jingle of the bell sounded wolfie's presence and the human manager peered at her from behind the counter, seemingly relived that he could now retreat into the staff room before the customers arrived and let wolfie manage the counter. There wasn't anyone here yet so Wolfie tied her dogs up behind the counter and proceeded to make a coffee for herself. Grabbing a spare stool she dragged it behind the counter and turned to fill a bowl of water for the two dogs. Putting her hand under the tap she waited until it turned cold and then proceeded to fill the bowl to the brim before carefully setting it down just as the coffee machine was done. Taking the coffee out from underneath the bulky machine she quickly set it on the counter, sitting on the stool and taking a sip - allowing the hot liquid to wake her up a bit.

Wolfie glanced around the room - luckily for her everything was ready and all she needed to do was just wait for the customers. The tip jar was almost full after a couple of weeks and Wolfie couldn't help but take notice of all the pennies that were piled up in there. She chuckled and shook her head as she adjusted the glass container so the label was facing the front. Leaning back on the stool her hazel eyes flickered to the door before back down at her coffee, in a way she loved the peace of being alone and the gentle smell of coffee shop but then again she wouldn't have a job if no one came here. Sighing she rested her head on her hand and continued to sip at her coffee, waiting to see who would come through the door this morning.

[mood : tired, peaceful] [location : town // coffee shop] [wants : rent money, sleep]
Last edited by chase. on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

// jonah -- one

Postby razzberry » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:36 pm

( ──── J O N A H
      −−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−
      lead hunter female 23 yrs loc. house tagged. charli, riley, julian

The large pale grey duvet that covered her slumbering body was thrown in every which-way atop her bed, not really covering Jonah's body at all as she continued on in her deep slumber. She moved a lot in her sleep - mostly kicking and throwing her arms here and there - and she's one hundred percent sure her older brother, Julian, could agree with that. What with the countless nights in their younger years where she had curled up in his bed and refused to leave. She was very close to her brother and since she never really had any girlfriends who weren't just friends with her because her brother was "hot", there was almost nothing she didn't tell Jules. He knew about all the heartbreaks she went through, the hardships, even the occasional "lady problem" that she layed on him when she didn't have anyone else to go to. He had always been her rock - no matter how many times he'd pester and annoy her, and vice versa. The aroma of coffee wafted up through the vents in the hardwood floor of her room and encased her senses, gently caressing her awake. Her eyes blinked open rapidly due the change in lighting and for a brief second she was actually about to lift herself into a sitting position, but instead piled a pillow over her head and went back to sleep. However, before she was successful in returning to her slumber, a long wet tongue slid up the side of her exposed leg and had goosebumps crawling up her skin. Yanking her leg away with a groan, Jonah moved the pillow and practically pinned her dog, Nyko, with a venomous stare practically screaming "how dare you". Patting him on the head she slid out of the bed and five minutes later slid on some socks and padded down the stairs in her pyjama shorts and tee shirt.

As she passed the large bay window facing the front of the house, Jonah peered outside and noticed Riley heading back towards the house. Stayed out last night too? she pondered, pursing her lips in thought before moving towards the kitchen where the smell of coffee was coming from. She wasn't sure whether the other people in the house noticed when Riley left at night and didn't come back until the morning, but she did. Though she wasn't about to go and bombard the girl's privacy. Jonah rounded the corner of the kitchen and spotted the pot of freshly made coffee that sat on the counter."Heh heh, don't mind if I do" the brunette chuckled to herself as she pulled a mug from the cupboard and poured herself a cup. From the scents that lingered in the kitchen she knew that both alpha's were up and about and she was sure she would run into them eventually. The footfalls of her dog Nyko coming down the stairs turned her attention towards the entryway to the kitchen just in time to see the shepherd's dark figure jogging into the living room. With her cup of coffee in hand she followed in her dog's direction and came upon both Julian and Charli who were seated in the living room. "Morning you two" she greeted and placed her mug on a coaster before flopping down on the sofa by Charli.

Nyko settled at the foot of the sofa near Jonah's feet and laid his head on his paws with a deep sigh. Jo turned her attention towards the alphess a couple feet away from her on the sofa. "I saw there was a grocery list in the kitchen. Julian and I can make the trip out this time. You always do and it makes me feel bad" a warm smile graced Jonah's features, yet there was a teasing hint to it that was directed at her brother. She knew how much he loved grocery shopping and her she was practically volunteering herself and him to do the shopping this time around. With this thought in mind, Jonah picked up her mug and slid a sly smirk towards Jules.
razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

charli // two

Postby klue » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 pm

xxxxxxxCHARLI
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx alpha femalexxxxxxat the housexxxxxxtags; jules, Jonah, mentions Alistair, open
xxxxxxx▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬

Charli's gaze drifted upwards as a tall figure entered the room. To her surprise, it was none other than Julian. It was almost comical to her how tired he looked. He was always one to stay up much later than she would even dare, which is why itwas rather ridiculous that he was up this early. She wasn't complaining, though, she wouldn't mind the company.

Her thoughts drifted back to the many things she needed to accomplish for the day, the main one being the groceries. She would love to go to the store as early as possible, but rounding up all of the pack members at this hour was impossible. She knew she'd have to be patient and wait to receive their lists when they all woke up.
            Charli glanced outside momentarily, realizing it had been a few days since she had enjoyed the freedom of her canine form. It would be relaxing to be able to go out for a run or even to just explore the property...

She was disrupted from her thoughts as she noticed the look of disgust on Julian's face in reaction to the grocery list in her hand. He wasn't as keen on the small things that held the household together as she was. After he seated himself, she smiled gently at him, her doe eyes sweet, and took a small sip of her nice, warm coffee.
            Just as she was about to tease him about going shopping, his partner in crime entered the room, along with her adorable dog. Charli's features softened once more and her smile grew wider as her friend sat beside her on the couch.
            "Well good morning,"
            Jonah was definitely one of Charli's favorite people. She had a wonderful talent for making the alpha feel less stressed, especially on days like this one. Jonah never failed to make her friend smile, and for that, Charli was very greatful.
            Jonah continues on, offering to do the groceries this time. Charli didn't mind shopping, but there were plenty of other things she needed to get done today as well. This would be a definite weight off of her shoulders.
            "Thank you so much. I'm sure Julian would much rather go with you anyways," she joked.

Her stomach groaned reminding her that she hadn't eaten yet, even though she had been up quite some time. She may be small, but she regularly had quite the appetite. Where's Alistair when you need him. She knew the male Beta loved to cook, and she very much enjoyed his cooking. And, if she was being honest, she just appreciated the fact that was one less thing she had to worry about.
            Realizing that her coffee was empty, Charli slipped off the couch and padded toward the kitchen. She hadn't yet changed out of her pajamas and still wore gray workout shorts and a white long sleeve shirt, tucked in at the waist, and her blonde hair still sat atop her head in a messy bun.
            After refilling for that extra energy kick she leaned against the counter and looked over the grocery list once more, frowning thoughtfully and adding more items that she believed that they needed.
            She crossed the room and handed the list to Julian.
            "I don't know what else everyone needs, but I think this is a good start,"

klue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me