The Day We Caught The Train | Always Accepting | Starting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: The Day We Caught The Train | Always Accepting | Startin

Postby ghostie, » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:48 am

T E S S A X M A R L E N E X L A N C A S T E R
    female // eighteen // hetero // group a // second in command // l; train // t; kiona
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Tess tapped her foot along to the music from her earbuds, her hand wrapped around her dog's leash. She was standing on the platform, waiting for her train. She was taking it to Grand Central, then walking around, and doing some last minute Christmas shopping. It was her first of three days off work for the Christmas holidays, and she had decided to spend it alone. Shocker. Most of her friends were off in Hawaii or somewhere anyway, spending their winter vacations in tropical places. Tess tried to not be jealous. It's not like her family couldn't afford it, it's just that they never had the time. Her mother worked a lot, and so did she. With just the two of them and a dog to look after, it was hard for them to find time to travel. Tess didn't mind though, as it gave her a lot of free time to explore the city.

Tess looked up as she heard the train approach. She pulled out on earbud, and straightened up from the wall she was leaning on. 'c'mon Cassie, let's go" she said to the german shepherd husky mix that was her dog. The large dog walked happily alongside her owner, following her up into the train car. Tess gave her ticket to the man, ignoring his look of surprise at the sight of the dog. She chose a seat across the aisle from a girl with white hair. She patted the seat next to her, and her dog jumped up and sat there happily. Tess looked over at the white haired girl, and noticed a cat peeking out of the bag next to her. The girl looked kind of sad, so Tess got up, brought her dog, and sat in the seat directly across from the girl.

"Cassie, sit" she said, pointing to the seat next to her. The big dog jumped up, laid down and rested it's head on it's paws, and closed it's eyes. Tess turned to the girl. "hey there" she said softly, hoping she wasn't making the girl uncomfortable.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nemesis. » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:23 am

iona
      ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      ►Gender;;Femalexxxxxxx►Age;;24xxxxxxxGroup Axxxxxxx►Location;; Trainxxxxxxx ►Tags;;Tessa x
      ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Kiona continued patting Luna who shortly after was already starting to fall asleep once more, which was very convenient for Kiona - she didn't want the kitten to walk around the train, and possibly catch anything or get lost. As people boarded the train and seated themselves, one female took a notice of Kiona and sat across her, which to be honest, at first made Kiona uncomfortable but she realised she was only trying to be friendly to her, maybe because Kiona was always perceived as being sad and sometimes miserable but in reality, it was just her resting face, although that day was quite sad and miserable.

Looking down at her cat, the white haired female took a few moments before she made her reply to the girl, and she even sighed once before her mouth opened to produce the word "Hi" which she then backed up after a moment of an awkward silence with the statement :"what a beautiful dog."

Kiona at first didn't dare to make eye contact but her mind changed as she realised she had to make new friends and acquaintances because right now she didn't have any, and because of the girl's tone, which was soft and warm. Kiona glanced at the girl, forcing an awkward smile.
nemesis.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:45 am

female // eighteen // hetero // group a // second in command // l; train // t; kiona
    Tess smiled at the compliment from the girl. "thanks. she's a german shepherd and husky mix" she responded, looking over at the girl's cat. "your cat is so cute!" she said, smiling. She noticed the girl hesitant to make eye contact, but get what seemed like a sudden surge of confidence and begin making eye contact. That made her happy, because she was worried she might scare the girl. "i'm Tessa by the way" she said. "but I usually just go by Tess" she added.

She looked over at her dog as it's had perked up, and turned towards the rear of the car. Confused, Tess followed her dogs gaze, but didn't see anything, so she shrugged it off, and turned back to the white haired girl.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

One.

Postby carpe noctem. » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:02 am

▬▬▬( BLAIRE BLANC
    [ female ] [ twenty-four ] [ group b ] [ leader ][ tags; open ]

blaire outstretched a hand, reaching over the desk countertop to give her ticket for the train. the petite woman who was on duty snagged it into her hand roughly, her expression rather bored. the middle-aged lady's darkened eyes were clouded, each movement careless and unexceptional. blaire didn't mind much that she seemed unenthusiastic about her job, especially since it was christmas eve. everyone probably had better things in mind than to man a station at the train station. blaire was going to her family, to see them after a year. however snub the lady may have acted towards the twenty-four year old, she still continued to remain polite, giving her a quick nod before moving off.

At the side of Blaire, 135 pounds of bulking muscle was walking. Chablis, the giant kangal that she owned kept himself contained and collective, seeming to ignore the people bustling past him. There was always the occasional looker, taking in the almost bear-liked dogs size and strength. Blaire would often bring her pet out because of his calm behaviour, so people running about and shouting was something that the two of them were accustomed to. As the doors to the train creaked open, Blaire gently gave a tug on the white leather leash and moved inside with Chablis at her heels. She then moved to take a seat around on Of the corners of the train compartment, eyes wandering briefly at some other people on the train.

She straightened up from where she was sitting to quickly take off the gucci backpack that was slung around her shoulder, placing it on her lap to search for her phone. In the first pocket of her backpack was the phone, which she promptly took out to text her 'mother' that she was on the train at the moment. Unfortunately, as she tapped into her phone to text, she realized that it was both low battery and had little reception. I'll do it later. She then centred her attention to the small tv that was hosted in the compartment, though drifted away from it to look out the window.
carpe noctem.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adelia & Benji [2]

Postby Tiny_Cat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:27 am

─── ADELAIDE & BENJAMIN WOLFE ───
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
|| female/male || group a || leader/member || location; train || tags; each other, Wolfgang || 273 Words ||
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Benjamin Wolfe was your typical four year old boy. He liked dirt, monster trucks, and video games... He also loved Pokémon, so combining the two was a surefire way of occupying him for hours on end. He didn't really pay attention when the man leaned over him slightly and said something in his mother's direction. It sounded like 'cat got your tongue' or something else like that. Weird, but then he didn't really understand adults that much. He sneaked a glance towards his mother, who was giving the man an odd look and looking very much like she wanted to move seats, but there weren't many other options. Their train car was full. Instead, she settled for pulling him slightly closer to her and digging out the book she was reading. Benji went back to his game, tongue pressing against his upper lip in concentration. Everything was quiet for a few minutes, and then the man spoke up, this time the words directed at the boy. "That's a pretty neat game you've got there, kiddo. I bet Santa's wondering how he can top that this year, hmm?" He said, leaning forward to watch him. Benji lifted his dark eyes to the man and gave him an amused grin.

"I asked Santa for a puppy this year," He said in a mock whisper, shooting a glance at his mother out of the corer of his eye to make sure she wasn't listening. Of course, Adelaide was, in fact, listening to the conversation. She wasn't getting any major warning signs from this guy but this was her little boy they were talking about. She wasn't taking any chances.
Tiny_Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:09 am

female // eighteen // hetero // group a // second in command // l; train // t; kiona, benjamin, adelaide
    Tess noticed a woman and a young boy who looked like her son a few seats away from her. There was a man sitting there, and the woman looked kind of uncomfortable around him. Tess watched the woman shift uncomfortably away from the man, her eyes always on her son. Biting her lip, Tess decided to go over and invite her over. She told Cassie to stay, and got up to go over to them.

"Oh my gosh, Jessica! Is that you! Come sit with me i missed you!" she said, hugging the woman. While hugging her, she whispered into the woman's ears "i saw you looking uncomfortable over here, come sit with me. there's room" she said softly. She pulled away and smiled at the little boy.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bernard, two & wolfgang, two

Postby j. bourne » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:42 pm

deleted.
Last edited by j. bourne on Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:20 pm

female // eighteen // hetero // group a // second in command // l; train // t; kiona, benjamin, adelaide, wolfgang
    Tess looked up as the man switched seats, and nodded in return of his. Turning her attention back to the woman, she bit her lip, unsure of how to continue. She had a lot of feelings swirling inside her, and was still slightly wary of the disturbance she had heard earlier on the train. She opened her mouth to speak, but shut it again. Finally she decided on what to say.

"listen, i've got to go back over there" she said, gesturing over to Kiona. "but you can come sit with us if you'd like" she added. "and if that guy bothers you again, let me know" she said, continuing the sentence in her head 'though i doubt he will' she thought to herself.

Leaving the woman and her son, she headed back to her seat across from Kiona. She reacher over to pet Cassie, and gently stroked the dog's head. She was excited for Christmas, because maybe it'd be fun this year. Last year was awful, what with her mother being sick and them not having a lot of money. But then things started looking up. Her mother got better, got a better job and house, and Tess started working at the coffee shop, making decent pay. She was happy. Well, kinda.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁━━━ one

Postby borahae. » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:38 am

C h r i s t o p h e r--L u k a s
      _-male - twenty three - group b member - 797 words
      ---The somber male sat alone in the bustling subway station at Lincoln Center, his eyes down cast, awaiting his southbound train to Penn station on a bench beside the rails. Chris was on his way home with unusually low spirits, his small apartment in the suburbs of the city seeming suddenly dreadful. Everyone around him was so cheery today, laughter and smiles seemingly contagious among the public, and the usually happy male just hated it. He couldn't even bear to lift his head an inch, afraid to see anyone else with their successful lives having the perfect Christmas eve. It made him sick to his stomach.

---This was a very usual route for Chris, one he took nearly every day back from his girlfriend's place. Ex-girlfriend now.
      He had been dating Lainey for 4 years straight now, from freshman year of college onwards, and today was the day that he was going to man up. Today, he wanted to ask the question. The big question.
      Commercials always show engagement as this heart-felt, warm, fuzzy moment between two people. Nothing ever goes wrong, just as long as the ring is big enough and shiny enough. Chris knew Lainey enough to know that she didn't care about materialistic things the way a normal girl would, but he wanted everything to be flawless, so the flashiest ring he could find was the one he purchased. Sure, his pocket screamed after a purchase like that, but nothing but the best was what Lainey was going to get.
      The man could hardly wait just a few hours ago to get to the subway station, and now here he sat, heartbroken and completely distraught. If he had known what was going to happen earlier, he wouldn't have even bothered to leave his house.

---He had been like a little kid, ecstatic over the thought of opening the gifts left behind by Santa on Christmas morning. He found it impossible to hold his joy back, and had probably blabbed to about 10 random strangers the makings his love life. The travel time seemed to be hours long before he finally got to her house, opening up the door with the small black box behind his back. They had their friendly greetings, and drank a cup of coffee each, and just as Chris was about to open his mouth and begin his pre-prepared speech, she cut him off with words that cut deep into him; "I think we should take a break from each other. He was dumbfounded, shocked, and shattered all at once. His hopes had cracked. He couldn't understand...why? He stuttered and spewed a jumbled up sentence asking her why now, and she simply responded that she felt this relationship wasn't going anywhere. That it wasn't meant to be.

---With some words of choice that he care not to mention now and a mumbled apology on her side, Chris had walked himself back down to the Lincoln center station and bought a one way ticket home, leaving him where he is now.
      Pulling the small jewelers box from his coat pocket, Chris stared down at it and was nearly brought to tears. Their relationship never had been perfect, as none are, but he just couldn't process it all. Where had he gone wrong? The sounds of an oncoming train becoming louder and louder, the man on the speaker calling out that his train was about to pull into the station, Christopher stood from the bench and finally lifted his head, his fingers turning white from the tight grip he had on the black box. He wanted to throw it onto the tracks, hoping that watching it get smashed into bits would help him let go, but just as he lifted his arm to do so, the train was already stopped and the doors were propped open. He felt cursed.
      But, as the sayings go, once you hit rock bottom, the only place you can go from there is up. He just had to find it in him to believe that.

---Entering the already packed train car, Chris tucked the box back into the right side pocket of his black trench coat and shoved his hands in either side, looking around a moment before taking a corner seat past the many passengers with their dogs. He had to admit, the holiday's did bring a unique crowd amidst the subways, and though he truly felt miserable, he did manage to get a small smile out at the sight of all the happy looking dogs with their owners. Animals always reminded him of home, where he had once had two dogs of his own: But along with his single mother, they had passed on by now, and now he had no time for anything besides work.
Last edited by borahae. on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
borahae.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

→ one ←

Postby samminac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:13 pm

Joanna Ramsey
───────────────────────
femalegroup bmemberlocation: trainwords: 715tags: open!
───────────────────────

Joanna was relieved she was able to catch the train that morning. If she had been a second later, she would have missed the train entirely. The young woman had to sprint through the doors just as they were closing, her backpack in tow. Why did her brother always insist that whenever they had 'family bonding time' it should be at his place? She had no problem coming to visit him, she just didn't like having to try and travel in the current weather. Cold air and lots of snow weren't her things. For once, it would be nice if Marco made the effort to come to her apartment every so often. He was going to get an earful when she got there. It didn't matter if it was before Christmas or not!

She sighed and closed her eyes. Sometimes Joanna felt that Marco really didn't care anymore. Sometimes it felt that she was the only one making an effort to keep the family of two together. But as much as she wanted to be angry, she couldn't. Joanna hadn't seen her brother for 6 months, and Christmas was one of the few times that the siblings could actually get together. So even as her mind protested, despite not wanting to go outside with the weather, despite wishing she could stay at home for once, and despite the fact that she would probably have to leave a day after Christmas just so she could get back to her studies and job, Joanna left to see her brother for a few days. Jo really couldn't lose Marco, he was the only family she had left. She almost chuckled to herself, thinking back to all the times it was just her, Marco. She would have to take care of her younger brother while their dad was still working a shift at the police station. The girl ended up having to basically raise him for almost 7 years!

Jo opened her eyes, her thoughts wandering. How long had she been on the train again? As the time had passed her by, it began to feel like hours, but that probably wasn't true. The brunette didn't even bother checking her phone, as she was in such a rush that morning that she forgot to check what time she even boarded the train, she just hopped on when she realized the train was leaving. It wouldn't even matter what time it was now, Marco would still complain about how she was always late.

The young woman looked up when she felt the train stop to pick up another passenger, her eyes gazing as a young man in a black trench coat walked on. Looking at his face, he seemed almost... sad? Joanna brushed the idea away and turned her head, looking at the other passengers there with her. Thinking about it, there were quite a few people there that had brought dogs with them. Did people just like taking their dogs with them on trains? Joanna would never understand, she'd never even owned a pet in her life. The young woman looked to the side, glancing at the man a few seats from her. It seemed like he finally woke up. The man had been asleep for the majority of the time she was there, and she grew quite concerned. Not only did he look unsettled upon waking up, but he was also gripping a teddy bear tightly in his hand. At first, she thought it was quite odd, but then, common sense kicked in and Joanna realized it probably wasn't actually his teddy bear. Maybe it was for his child, or for a niece or nephew. She really hoped it wasn't his. Then again, in this day and age, people liked some weird things.

Joanna looked away awkwardly, not wanting to stare too long. If the guy thought she was watching him sleep, that would probably make the ride much more uncomfortable. Jo let out a hard breath through her nose and stared down at her bag on the floor and her feet, her knee starting to shake. Boredom was starting to creep on her. She just wanted to get off of this train as soon as possible.
───────────────────────
Last edited by samminac on Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
samminac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me