The Day We Caught The Train | Always Accepting | Starting

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: The Day We Caught The Train | Always Accepting | Startin

Postby Shira Uchiha » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:09 pm

L Y R I A ✯ N O R D E N
Female | 22 | Group B | Member | Form on pg 3 | Tagged: Christopher

The winter chill was beginning to have its affect on the young lady draped in a trench coat, head down, eyes on the ground. Behind her slim build was a simple suitcase, plain grey, just like her coat, a dull color to blend in with the crowd. She walked with a sort of gracefulness that made it seem like she was in her own little world. Her gaze remained on the station floor, paying no heed to her surroundings, and yet, she walked with purpose.

Lyria Norden was on the run.

Well, not particularly running, but she was hiding from her parents, the very people who had locked her from the outside world for so long. Huffing out a breath in an attempt to warm her ungloved hands, Lyria tilted her head to the side, listening intently to what was happening around her. The loud scrape of metal against metal notified her of the trains arrival, and without another second to waste, she boarded her transportation, clinging onto the rails as she slowly made her way inside.

She didn't know how she felt about the situation. It was Christmas Eve, a time of good cheer. But here she was, away from her family, desperate for freedom, away from the cage built around her. Lyria was torn. She knew how much her parents would cry upon reading the letter she had left, but she was twenty two now for God's sake, she had to start her own life at some point.

Lyria continued to shuffle through the train, murmuring apologies whenever she bumped into people, which was quite often. Finally, a blur in her vision, she spotted a seat beside a figure, one that was near a window, much to her luck. (beside Christopher) The female sat down without saying much with the exception of a few more apologies when she awkwardly made her way past the figure. She plastered a pleasant smile on her fact as she gazed out the window. Almost as if she was staring at the falling snow she couldn't even see. Her lips pursed in thought.

This wasn't her first time out into society, so she knew how people acted, but it was her first time out without her parents nagging her and constantly pulling her away from strangers and pretty much limiting her interactions. So it was quite a relief to just be able to sit down and not have someone bugging her. However.... Lyria's chocolate brown eyes darted to the figure beside her, and for a split second, she wished she could see. Does that person know she's blind? Can they tell? Should she tell them? Or just pretend nothings wrong? Oh shoot! What if it looks like I'm staring?

Quickly, the lady focused her gaze back on the landscape beyond the window, trying her best not to seem awkward.
Shira Uchiha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Day We Caught The Train | Always Accepting | Startin

Postby ghostie, » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:11 am

novaturient wrote:
    T E S S A X M A R L E N E X L A N C A S T E R
    female // eighteen // hetero // group a // second in command // l; train // t; kiona, benjamin, adelaide, wolfgang
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Tess looked up as the man switched seats, and nodded in return of his. Turning her attention back to the woman, she bit her lip, unsure of how to continue. She had a lot of feelings swirling inside her, and was still slightly wary of the disturbance she had heard earlier on the train. She opened her mouth to speak, but shut it again. Finally she decided on what to say.

"listen, i've got to go back over there" she said, gesturing over to Kiona. "but you can come sit with us if you'd like" she added. "and if that guy bothers you again, let me know" she said, continuing the sentence in her head 'though i doubt he will' she thought to herself.

Leaving the woman and her son, she headed back to her seat across from Kiona. She reacher over to pet Cassie, and gently stroked the dog's head. She was excited for Christmas, because maybe it'd be fun this year. Last year was awful, what with her mother being sick and them not having a lot of money. But then things started looking up. Her mother got better, got a better job and house, and Tess started working at the coffee shop, making decent pay. She was happy. Well, kinda.
    x
    ghostie [❤] em
    they/she | art shop
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    "i do love nothing
    in the world so well
    as you- is not
    that strange?"
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁━━━ two

Postby borahae. » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:06 am

C h r i s t o p h e r--L u k a s
      _-male - twenty three - group b member - 661 words
      ---Deep in thought, Chris kept his gaze forward, the small smile he had managed to pull off now long gone and replaced with a dull look. The man couldn't help but remain miserable- it was as if his mind wouldn't let him think of anything else but Lainey, and the crack in his heart, and everything it could bring up to make his 24th even worse. His hands still inside the pockets of his coat, Chris just now processing how cold it was outside today as his reddened nose began to run, he sighed hopelessly and sniffled. He hated winter. He hated everything about it; the snow, the temperature, the wind that was relentless, and the way it killed off all of the little nature the city had in the first place. Chris had grown up in the peaceful countryside of Ohio, among fields of corn, forests, and wildflowers. He was raised among nature, and central park was about as close to it all as he could get now. Being here, in New York City, always managed to make Chris gloomy. The bitterness of winter made it all a little bit worse, and harder to handle.

Mindlessly opening and closing the small box within his coat, unaware he was even doing so, Chris watched the small doberman across from him as it stared up at its owner. It was a cute dog...he could definitely see that it was still a puppy. Casually glancing at the man who seemed to be its possessor, Chris watched his expression harden as the doberman began to wag its little tail. Maybe he doesn't own the dog...He doesn't seem to want it near him. Could be a gift. His mind moving from the topic of what had just occurred outside of the train, Chris didn't process that he had been staring for quite a while at the man and his puppy, all the while thinking uselessly about what may have gotten those two unlikely creatures together. The doberman suddenly taking the gentleman's hand into its mouth, Chris pulled off a quick smirk, laughing softly. He couldn't help but pity the other man; for he could sense that this stranger didn't want anything to do with the puppy. His blue eyes were begging for help by now.

His smirk fading, his laugh long gone, the green eyed man came back to his senses and watched as a frail female began her way down the train aisle and took the seat beside him. He didn't stare too long, turning his gaze to the ground almost as soon as she sat down, finding it hard to not see a little bit of Lainey in her. Yes, perhaps the girl looked nothing like her, but she reminded him of how good their love used to be. How innocent, and how pure it was back in college, when anything and everything seemed possible. Hearing a mumbled apology from her before she looked outside of the train at the falling snow, Chris kept his gaze low but responded in a hushed tone with a quick 'its fine'.

Eventually deciding it unfair to treat her with silence just because his Christmas eve blew, Chris lifted his head and allowed himself to take a look at her, to find that she appeared to be looking at him. Or at least, in his direction.
      In a way, he could tell that she wasn't truly looking at him. Following her gaze, he could see that she indeed was looking through him. He didn't think too hard about it, however, as his mind was still clouded from all that had occurred today. Noting that she was quite uncomfortable, however, Chris felt a bit bad for her having to sit next to him of all people. He was almost positive that he had a cloud of gloom and glum above him, a very unwelcoming atmosphere following him wherever he went. He was definitely not in the Christmas spirits.
borahae.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bernard, three

Postby j. bourne » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:10 pm

deleted.
Last edited by j. bourne on Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j. bourne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁━━━ three

Postby borahae. » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:27 am

C h r i s t o p h e r--L u k a s
      _-male - twenty three - group b member - 596 words
      ---The petite girl beside him still on edge, silence coming from both parties with tension high, Chris sighed miserably and pulled his right hand away from the black box and out to rest onto the metal 'arm' of the seat. The green eyed male had no patience to waste thinking of conversation starters, when all he wished to do currently was lay in bed and cry the rest of this dreary day away. Placing his cheek onto the palm of his hand, his elbow up from the metal rest, Christopher looked mindlessly out the window as the train continued on its way to Penn station. Maybe i'll stop and get something from Hale and Hearty Soups on the way home. Something warm would do me some good...I can't get sick right now. I quite literally cannot afford to miss another day at work. Growling in a disheartened fashion, Chris tried hard to get his job back out of his mind. He did not need another reason to feel dejected.

His attention pulled back to the doberman and its owner as the puppy began to wriggle around once again, Christopher could not help but to wonder what it was about these two that peaked his interest so. Never before on this very train had he ever had such a fascination towards a group of complete strangers. Perhaps he could blame it on his mood, that it was all because of his unconscious need to seek comfort, but somewhere inside that thick skull of his he knew better. He was more than 'conscious' of his feelings towards the male gender, but had never had a reason to act upon it. He always had Lainey, so it became a kind of repressed memory that blurred in time. Doting on it now made him all the more crotchety.

A smile on his face as he watched the dog practically cry out for its owners love, his eyes catching a little bit more light as his body outwardly became less tense, Chris took the time to look over the man who was now preoccupied with trying to get the doberman to lay down. His appearance was rough-hewn by nature, and his sharp jawline was dusted in a very striking fashion with graying hairs. Christopher knew that the man was sure to be older than him, but age didn't effect his appealing looks. The green eyed male could have spent decades lost in his features, but when the other man turned his attention over his way, Chris quickly looked the other way. He was lucky enough to get a quick glance at the man's eyes, which he quite shamefully admitted were the most provocative blue he had come across in his life. A slight groan escaped his brightly toned lips at the realization of his own thoughts.

Lifting his head from his palm and placing his arm on his lap, Christopher pulled his other hand from his coat pocket and crossed the two arms tight to his chest. Having the girl beside him, no matter how quiet she may have been, was a miracle. Some warmth was nice to have after sitting at the station for so long. Turning back to the older man as he spoke up after perhaps too long of a silence between the two of them, Chris huffed in amusement and nodded, playing along. "Oh, yes. Absolutely. I have a thing for cloudy days and cold weather." His voice gruff and dry, he cleared his throat and chuckled. "Oh, and the snow. I can't get enough of it."
borahae.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: → two ←

Postby samminac » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Joanna Ramsey
───────────────────────
femalegroup bmemberlocation: trainwords: 844tags: open!
───────────────────────

Joanna had kept her head down the next time the train had stopped and picked up another passenger. The young woman could slowly feel the train car start to get significantly more stuffy than it was when she first got on. Her right hand fell on her shaking knee, effectively ceasing the movement, and Jo took a moment to just listen to the sounds around her. The continuous click-clack of the train tracks, a few coughs or sniffs from someone that had been unfortunate enough to be outside in the weather for a little too long, and the occasional noises or barks from one of the dogs in the car; mostly from the Doberman puppy across from her. However, there was still an unnatural silence that hung in the air. And the brunette did not want to listen to it any longer.

Almost groaning out loud in frustration, the girl remembered something. Joanna had truly believed she was so prepared when she left her apartment that early morning. Double and triple checking that her bag had everything she could possibly need for the trip from her place to her brother's. A portable charger for her phone, a few granola bars and snacks, even a book to occupy her if she got bored (which had unfortunately been finished a while ago). She had made sure she had everything; except her headphones it seemed. Jo realized that now she had to listen to the awkward silence that settled around the train car. Or maybe that awkwardness was just around her because now the man with the cute Doberman was making conversation with the man in the black trench coat, jokingly asking how nice the weather was. She almost sarcastically cut in. Why yes! The gloomy sky, cold air, and continuous snow are wonderful. However, Jo decided against it. Trench coat man seemed to have read her mind though, saying exactly what she was thinking. Joanna looked up for a moment, her eyes went back and forth between the two of them, then cracked a small smile and laughed lightly at the odd humor off to the side. The weather did kind of suck, and she was glad she didn't have to stay in it any longer than she had to while on her way to get to the train.

Jo turned her gaze away from the two passengers and tuned them out, finding herself distracted by the small television not too far away from her in the train car. Might as well try and see what the world's daily disaster was. The quick subtitles were almost not comprehensible and made her head spin, but the longer she watched, the more she started to understand what it was going on about. Normally, news stories wouldn't faze Joanna at all, she felt that they could be exaggerated from time to time. But this? Whatever was going on now seemed to make her breath falter. Violent outbreaks in major cities? Jo got even more worried when she realized that a part of whatever was happening was a little too close to her brother's apartment for her liking. Her body froze for a second, and the brunette could feel her hands get clammy. It was nothing right? Maybe there really was nothing too serious about it, but something just felt wrong to Joanna.

The girl decided she would check in with her brother. Jo reached for her backpack that sat on the ground by her feet and quickly yanked on the zipper. She had to just make sure things would be okay. Joanna searched through her bag for her phone. Her mind was filled with silent pleading that she had enough signal to get a text to her brother, just to make sure he was fine. Marco had to be okay. Jo really hoped she wasn't making too much of a scene to the people around her, she probably looked almost terrified, not that it really mattered to her at the moment. What mattered was her phone. Where did she put her phone? Finally, after frantically shoving through everything that was in her bag (everything except her headphones of course), she found her phone in the bottom of her bag. Joanna grabbed it, her shaking hands almost dropping it, and let her bag fall onto the floor again after barely zipping it back up. Her small fingers glided across the screen, texting a message to her brother. Hey! There's some weird stuff being shown on news right now. Just be careful alright? Jo hit the 'send' button and held her breath. Please send. Please send. Please send.

Unable to send message. No signal available.

The thought that she was underground had suddenly occurred. Jo gripped her phone and sighed before her hands fell into her lap, still holding onto the device. She'd try again later. Wait, no. Don't, he'll be okay. Joanna assured herself. You're overreacting. The young woman stared at the window across from her, trying to ignore surfacing worries, seeing nothing but a blur as the train moved.
───────────────────────
Last edited by samminac on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samminac

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bernard, four

Postby j. bourne » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:04 am

deleted.
j. bourne