the path. open

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

the path. open

Postby Speak » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:19 pm

many paths to choose...

Gone are the days of peace and serenity in the small kingdom of Laven, the king is dead. He was killed by a close friend and his only daughter, and heir was chased from the palace. Thrust into an unfamiliar world the young princess is faced with the consequences of her fathers' actions and the reality of just how weak her kingdom truly is. Lost in this new harsh reality the princess has put her faith in an old legend of four warriors blessed with the power of dragons and has found their descendants. Now she and the descendants have a choice, with their power they could storm the castle and retake the throne from the usurper or try to better the kingdom from the outside by protecting the people who'd suffered under her fathers rule for so long.

The coup was not meant to be malicious. The Usurper and his allies were doing what they felt was best for a slowly weakening kingdom and its suffering people. The Kings' stance of non-violence led him to give in to other kingdoms demands of land and resource and allowed them to slowly leech off the people of Laven. Desperate to save the kingdom they launched a coup to bring strength back to the kingdom and fight back against the encroaching kingdoms. With the power to change the course of the kingdom the only thing that may stand in their way is an escaped princess who has somehow recruited fabled dragon warriors.
Last edited by Speak on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Speak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the path. wip

Postby Speak » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:15 pm

the path

One thousand years ago a crimson dragon became human and created a small kingdom, Laven, where he ruled as king and lead his people to a time of prosperity and peace. As time passed, however, the neighbouring kingdoms grew envious of their prosperous neighbour and their powerful dragon king, jealousy turned to hate and in that hate was born a war. The combined powers of the other kingdoms proved too much for the king and he was soon defeated and taken as a prisoner to be executed at sunrise. It was just before this execution however that the extraordinary happened, four dragons descended from the sky settling before the king. Before he had become human these four dragons had been the king's closest friends, easily having the power to save both him and his kingdom the dragons had come to save their friend. The king however refused, no matter the horror before him the king remained adamant in his love for all humanity even if it spelt his downfall. Desperate to save their friend the four dragons gathered four of the most loyal knights in the realm and to each bestowed their power. The white dragon gave the strength and power of his arm to one knight, the blue dragon gave another his eyesight, the green dragon gave his knight the strength of his legs, and the yellow dragon gave the last knight his impervious skin. With these gifts though a deal was struck each knight drank the blood of the dragon thus gaining their ability but also their devotion to the king, never would they betray their king and always would they protect him. With the power of the four dragons, the knights saved the kingdom and their king pledging their lives and deaths to him. Restoring peace and prosperity to his kingdom the king kept his four dragons close creating a bond more than servant and master, but rather a bond of friendship. Many years later however that bond was severed with the passing of the king and in fear that their powers would be used by greedy souls to bring harm to the kingdom the dragons separated and disappeared into the four corners of the kingdom awaiting their new master.

Laven is a small peaceful kingdom surrounded on all sides by four powerful nations Edrezia, Cosite, Vonad, and Krevell. With a soft and peace loving king ruling over Laven the kingdom is slowly sliding towards desperation and corruption though these troubles never really reach the ears of the king and his heir. Never having set foot outside of the red palace the princess has grown up blissfully ignorant of the troubles that her people face day in and day out, her only concern is what to wear to dinner. On her sixteenth birthday though a coup d'etat begins and results in the king being killed and her along with her two faithful vassals being forced to flee from all she had ever known. Now surviving by whatever means necessary the princess began to learn the hardships that her people had lived with during and even after her father's reign. Corruption rife under this new rule the princess has awakened in herself the reincarnated spirit of the king that lived one thousand years ago. This has called the four dragons blood to her and once again they will pledge their unending loyalty to their true king and all that remains is for the princess to decide their path.
Speak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the path. rules

Postby Speak » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:26 pm

one. follow all of tess's rules
two. a well developed paragraph minimum for posts (at size 85 please)
three. no perfect characters
four. anime fc's please
five. this is based off of Akatsuki No Yona
but you don't need to have seen the show
six. pm reservations to me
seven. post forms on the discussion thread
eight. please pm me any questions or suggestions!

Speak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the path. characters

Postby Speak » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:01 pm

the princess

name: sachi akiyama age: eighteen gender: female user: daisies. form: x

considered to be nothing more than a
spoiled, pampered, palace princess by those
who knew her and of her. after the coup
many believe that the princess was taken
from the palace by her bodyguard and killed.

the bodygaurd

name: kuen byun age: twenty gender: male user: ocelot. form: x

a general in the army and one of the
strongest warriors in the country of laven,
kuen has served the royal family from the
time he was sixteen. loyal to a fault kuen
escaped with the princess on the eve of the coup.

the yellow dragon

name: kalea age: one thousand twenty three gender: female user: speak form: x

with no clan of her own the yellow dragon
is unique in that she has no powers until she's
attacked. once she's cut down kalea is
resurrected with hardened dragon scales
covering her body. the only immortal
dragon warrior among the four she has
passed through the years wandering the
country.

the green dragon

name: age: gender: male user: Nightsong-Shadowclan form: x

a free spirit with no equal the green dragon
warrior is born with a green scaled leg that
allows him to jump to amazing heights and
take down enemies with a single kick. in his
village ____ was treated like a monster.

the blue dragon

name: sikumiaktorvik piktaungitok age: eighteen gender: female user: Espeon101010 form: x

born in darkness siku has the golden eyes
of a dragon that allow her to paralyze and
kill her victims however this power comes
with a price, the paralysis returns to siku
making her extremely vulnerable to
enemies. known as a monster in her village
siku known nothing of her destiny or the
source of her powers.

the white dragon

name: age: gender: male user: ⚡Solis⚡ form: x

born knowing his destiny the white
dragon with his scaled arm is honored in his
village. having the strength of twenty men
in a single arm livei can cut down enemies
with a single swipe.

Last edited by Speak on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:46 am, edited 11 times in total.
Speak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the path. characters

Postby Speak » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:06 pm

the usurper

name: age: gender: male user: form: x

the man behind the coup aldrien was once a close
friend to the king and the princess. though he
was responsible for the coup very few people
know the reasons behind his actions. clever,
strong, and charismatic who wouldn't follow
such a man?

the advisor

name: bryn telrani age: twenty-seven gender: female user: Saxhleel form: x

the daughter of the previous advisor bryn has
grown up learning not only the things expected
from a lady but also things like politics, battle
tactics, negotiations strategies and anything
else a good advisor would need to know.

the general

name: age: gender: male user: Nightsong-Shadowclan form: x

the man in charge of laven's army has
always been loyal to the crown but watching
the countries territory be taken over piece by
piece was too much for him so when he was
given the chance to side with ____ he
accepted.

the soldier

name: saskia corin langley age: twenty gender: female user: FlightOfTheOwl form: x

a foot soldier within the army saskia came from
humble beginnings and has witnessed what the
previous king's rule did to the people. fighting to
not only protect the country from the
surrounding kingdoms saskia is also the only
member of her family able to work.

Last edited by Speak on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Speak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the path. explanations

Postby Speak » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:08 pm

the world

map. though not every village or forest is marked on this map I've highlighted a few spots to give you an idea of each kingdoms capabilities.
white village. Hidden in the Krahos mountains the village of the white dragon is the only clan that has retained the knowledge of the crimson dragon king and the creation of the dragon warriors. They idolize the white dragon and protect his gift until the time comes when the red haired king once again comes to ask for the power of the white dragon
green village. Hidden away near the border of Edrezia the village of the green dragon remembers the red haired king but has all but forgotten the nobility of the green dragons gift. Thinking of it as a disease they isolate the green dragon terrified that the green scaled leg will spread to the other villagers.
blue village. A village on the coast, hidden away from view by the near constant fog that surrounds them this village has all but forgotten what the blue dragons gift is for. Thinking of the babe born with golden eyes as a monster they cover his face with a mask to prevent the use of their gift.
dragons. The gods of this world with the passage of time many people have begun dismissing their existence as mere fable or fantasy.
dragon warriors. The first warriors were born one thousand years ago and in exchange for receiving the powers of a dragon the warriors made a blood vow that they would always obey the crimson king and would never betray him. Once they promised this they drank the blood of one dragon each (white, blue, green, and yellow) and served the king faithfully with their gifts. When the king passed however other people began to desire the dragons' powers and so to protect their gifts they went their separate ways to hide away until the new crimson king was born. Establishing their own hidden villages to protect the dragons gifts the dragon warriors eventually passed away but not before a new dragon warrior was born in the village. Throughout the years many dragon warriors have passed away waiting for their king to come seeking their powers.
Speak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the path. open

Postby Speak » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:25 pm

-
-