Shipwrecked! (Sci-Fi) [OPEN]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Shipwrecked! (Sci-Fi) [OPEN]

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:40 pm

"Welcome, one and all, to the star cruiser Zodiac™! The greatest starship ever created by the Andromeda Corporation, the Zodiac™ represents centuries of technological progress, as the first ship to incorporate a fully functional dimensional hyperdrive, making it possible to travel to star systems billions of light years away! And you are one of the lucky few chosen to accompany us on our maiden voyage, to the distant Andromeda galaxy- the namesake of our company. Our flight will take u͎͍̰̬̳͉̙̥s̥̰̙̮̝̺ͅ ̼̠̝̻̣̞̥̳t̬̜̳o̹̣̬͖̩-̥͍̬͚͎̘̥̫ ̘͖̬̤̺̩̹̥̻t̰̥̤͔o̠̮-͖̫ ̹̭̥t̺̞͎o̝̤-͉̪͍ ̟̼̦̭H͖̱̞̻̝̠e͈̜̼̭͔̺͈l͖͓̰l̙̰̙̗͖̜͉o̰̙̭̣͈̲͍?͎̱̖͔ ̣͇̦̪͔̘̪ͅI͔͍̦s͕̻ ̗͇͇ͅa̦̲̮̟͙͔͎̩n̞̪͙̞y̝̺͚o̰̹͈̱͔ͅn͈̘e̞̲̟ ̯̺̙ṯ̤̼̭ͅh̰̗̼̤̥̘̺̗e̤̞̼̗͕̠r͚̠̭̝̖̱e̖̮̗̻?͔̙̞͚̗̝̙̟ ̲̟̙̼̲̩Ṯ̤̟̬h̯̘̩i͉̥̲s͚ ̬͙͇̯̩̞i͉̦͙͇͇̘̹͎s͎͚ ̲̦̯̮̻͔̺̬̺t͉̜̞h͍̣̙̥͙͙͚ḙ̭̙͎͓̟͕̜ ̖͔̘͇c̱̳̙̮̥͚͎̮ͅa͇̖̠̺͚̣̬p͈t̟̩̥̱͎̯a͖̥̤̺̥̝̦̫i̙͈n̫̣͖̹̬̟̱̭,̤̤̹̲̝̣̟͎ ̯̳̭͓̥͔r͕͍e͔̜̰̦ͅq̗̖͖ͅu̞̦͉̮e̝͈̫͍̙̺s̝̗̖̯̭̟̰͔t̫̬͕͍͓̣̠i̦͚̬͖͓̣̣͈n͍͚͉͍̲͔̫g̟͇͎͈͔̠ͅ ̫̘̫ḙ̻m̱̯̻̦̤̘e̯̹̪͔̖̭̠̫̺r͇͓̟̤̩͕̬̞g̩̣͉͙͔̮ͅe̝n̰̞̻͓̩̺̗͉c͓̪̖͔y̫ ͚̩̥̩̻̭h͙̲̤̠͚̮͕ͅe̼̙l͖͈͖̹̺p͇̘͈̞̦̝̘!̹̼̼̹̰̘̼͎ ̺̬͖̰̼͍W͈̦͉͔̱̞̤̙e̫'͚̜̰̱̗̩̬̲̠v̺̪̩͈̩ͅḙ̠ ͓̺̯h̤̫a͇͔̮ḏ͖͕̟ ̯̘̬͈̤a̠̟̳͔͓n͎ ͎̩a͇͖̮̰̝̯̫c̟͕ͅc͓̹̜i͙͓͖̫̦ͅd̠͇̥e͖̮̘͕n̙̦t͈̮͚̲̗̹ ̦̙c̮͔̪͖̟o͖͚̭͓̹͙̩m̗̮ͅi͍̟̩̥̝̫̥̺n͈̜̣̱̗̤̮ͅg͈̖͍͙͍ ̣̜͙o͙̭̰̜̹u̹͚̟̤͓t͇͔̗͍ͅ ̦̬̝̬͙̭͈̻o̟̥̥f͇̩̬̳̯ ͎͚̯̘h̦͚̬̟̹y̱̯p͎̣̰͓̻e̟̞͎r̯̩d̰̲̲̣̣̦r̮̤̗͚i̝ṿ̯̗̰̲̣̯͕͎e̱̯̝̳̯͔͎͓;̭̪̹̱̳̖ ̼͕o̖̲u̠͖̘̗̣r̥̯͈̝̺̳ͅ ̬̞͇͈h̫͉̫̖̦̻y̺̯p̗̫̱̭͍̝͉e̦͓̹͇̝r̲̦̱̹̦f̥l̲̪̤̹̖̗͇̪i̳͚g͖͉h̖͓̞̖̲͚͇ṱ ̭̯̼̫̗͎s͔y͓͕̹͚͇͙͚̠̤s̬͓̤̺ͅt̺̳e͖̖̪m̞̳̱̣ͅͅș̺̝͚̺ ͉a̫̩̟r̘̲͈̠ḛ͇̥̼̳ ̮̲͔̤͎͎ͅd̦̘̝̤̞̫̳o͚ẉ͖n̤̪̙̞͈͎̦ͅ ̳͖̟a͉͚̭͕̭̦n̫̱̠̬̪͉d̮̲̖͙̠͔ ̰̼̰̘o̩̻u͙̘r͇̤̯̘͈̳̲ ͈͕͓͇̣̦̰̠̯c͍̤̫̰̯̣̤o̲̮̪̞m̗̝̖̫̮m͖͕̣̣̟̫-̳̙̱̳̝͈̰̼ ̙̠͓͙͕͓͕̰c̹̯̞o̤͚̻̤͇̯m̪͖̞̱̜̜̪̪ṃ̮̫̙̲u̠͎͇ͅn̰i̼̠c̲̻̥̗̺̱̗ͅa͍͖̳̼̭͎̹͍͉t͕͚̩ͅi̗̟̜̳͖͈o̦͍n̦s̯̘̼͎ ̠̭̺̤̣̙͇̤a̻̖̻͔r̼̹͇͈̱e̜̞͚̤̱̺̝ f̶̀a̸̸̧̛͞ì͠-͜ ̷҉̷͘͞f̧a҉̵͘͟͟í̵̛͜҉ĺ̷̢̛̀i̛̕͞ǹ̛̛͜g̴̸̢!̀́̀̕͢ ̷̨̕P̡̀͏l̴̢͟͠͞ȩ҉a̶͠͡s͏͞e̴̷͟͝͠,̴̛҉ ̛͟͠҉s҉̀͘e̶̢-̶̡̛̀͞ ́̕͏̶s̶̢̀͡͏e͜͏̷n̷͝͞d̡̧̨-̶ ̀͝s͢͡͞é͘ń͝͏̵d̸́̕ ̸̢͘̕h͟͡e̸̢̡̕͝l̴͞ṕ̷͢-҉͠"̛͜͢͠-

-Classified captured transmission sent by the starship Zodiac™, preceded by a partial recording of its greeting message. Received on [REDACTED], Earth Standard Time.

As a crew member of the Zodiac™, the opportunities were vast. The first of its kind, this spaceship bound for a star system at the edge of the Andromeda galaxy was quite an achievement. This only served to make it all the more tragic when the Zodiac™ hit an asteroid while exiting hyperdrive.
The ship, with damaged controls and destroyed communications, is only within range of the smallest cluster of planets, though thankfully one appears to be habitable. Landing safely on said planet will be a challenge, but then what? Pray you find a way to repair the ship yourselves or wait for the rescue that only a ship like the Zodiac™ could provide- if there was another like it, that is.

As a sci-fi setting, there exist such things as laser guns, warp pads, and jetpacks. Do with this as you will.

The Zodiac™ is divided into 12 sections, as is the 12 symbols in the zodiac.

Ares is the cockpit
Taurus is the engine room

Gemini is the med bay
Cancer is the chem lab

Leo is the weaponry room
Virgo is the greenhouse

Libra is the storage room
Scorpio is the barracks

Sagittarius is the common area
Capricorn is the quarantine chamber

Aquarius is the water supply area
Pisces is the showers/cleaning area

Rules
Because we need them

-All crew members are either human, androids, or AIs. No sentient alien species have been discovered so far, although there may be intelligent lifeforms on this new planet. Human characters should not have superpowers/abilities beyond that of a regular human, but they can own technological upgrades/special gear.
- Characters must be a minimum of fifteen years old. (It's the future, they're probably smarter there.)
- All posts must abide by CS rules. (No gore, explicit scenes, etc.)
- Powerplaying/creating all-powerful characters is not allowed.
- Please oh please stay active. This is actually a revamped roleplay, the old version of this died due to inactivity, and myself and another member (TheNinthOne) got permission from the original owner to remake this roleplay.
- Up to three characters are allowed per person.
- Character reservations are effective for two days.
- You do not have to put the little trademarked thing after saying "Zodiac". I just did it for the giggles.
- At least one full paragraph (five sentences minimum) per post, please. Occasional writer's block is tolerated.
- Romance between different users must come with consent from both sides.
- Please post character bios in the discussion thread.
- Be sure to interact with others, don't just off and brood in the corner all the time.

Discussion Thread, posted by co-owner TheNinthOne: viewtopic.php?f=85&t=3533568
Last edited by ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character List

Postby ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Necessary crew members:
Captain
Engineer
Navigator/pilot
Security guard

Feel free to make your character into other positions, such as medics, janitors, communications officers, biologists, geologists, etc. The above list is only characters that are absolutely needed and not yet taken, those that are crossed out we have at least one of. There can be duplicates of any position other than captain/co-captain.

Current Characters:

Rikimaru Renegade (Non-Binary) Second-in-Command - ☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪
Icarus Fverilin (Male) Medic - TheNinthOne
Altair Vera (Male) Pilot - HANDSOME SPACEMAN
QWERTY (Android) Medic - HANDSOME SPACEMAN
Zhang Kongli (Male) Engineer - Choice Starlight
Moon Ki-Min (Male) Navigator- Choice Starlight
☪ℓυηαя∂яσρ☪

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery