{★-- Do not T H R O W away your S H O T} Hamilton AU ★ o/a

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Lafayette {5}

Postby baron zemo. » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:36 pm

Gilbert du Motier "Marquis" de Lafayette
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Male || 24 || Skill mimicry || Sons of Liberty || Location: Cafe, Soho || Tags: John, Maria, Peggy||

The teasing was brought down upon him with full force, but the lightness of the teasing kept any anxiety at bay. Lafayette hoped it stayed like that, but it felt good that the others weren't laying it too harshly. Then again, he was an expert at firing back. "Well Laurens, nobody trumps Mulligan in taste, but I'm obviously higher than you in that hierarchy, because I have the legs to pull off a skirt." Clicking his tongue with well placed finger guns, the frenchman chuckled. "Snuck out of France like that, apparently." Ah, the rumor was something he'd never confirmed or denied, but there was no way he'd used a flight to get to New York. If anyone had spotted the suitcase he'd came with, tucked away in his apartment, then perhaps they'd get their answer.
    So what if he was a tad in touch with his feminine side?

"And I'll have you know that House Motier is the 147th best account in the region; nothing too important." The scoff was followed by a deft tap of the screen, exiting the game before the newest battle challenge rolled over his screen. "And it does help! Those fantasy kick-flips feel amazing once you try them out yourself." To the outside world, it came out as a joke, but amongst friends it was...well, hopefully just a joke. With that, he pocketed his phone, and listened in on the agreements around the table. It was comforting to have such friends and allies in such a time, and he never knew how to express it. If fighting alongside them was enough, then Lafayette would continue with vigor. "But I'm always ready for a good time, so count me in."

The ding of the overhanging entrance bell made him turn away from acknowledging Maria's leave, and once he saw the youngest Schuyler enter the cafe, he produced a broad smile. "And there she is!" However, the sheer absence of at least one of her sisters made him weary; not that he considered it a requirement, but he knew how protective those two got. There must be something really important... "I was beginning to think I got- what's the word? Rain-checked?" The greeting held warmth amongst the tease, and the Frenchman reached out a foot to drag an extra chair over. It made a small groan at the sudden movement, but didn't disrupt the mumbles in the room. "Good thing I didn't order, yes?"
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: {★-- Do not T H R O W away your S H O T} Hamilton AU ★ o

Postby Ghostarriver » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:39 am

Angelica Schuyler

"Everyone seems to be gathering at a cafe in Soho. Probaby discussing... things..." Angelica would probably be filled in later on what had happened, by someone or other.
Right now, she simply wanted to be with her sisters - or at least one of them - given the whole revolutionary thing took up more of her life than she had expected. This was one of those rare moments that Angelica could put everything behind her and try to put a smile on her face, try to enjoy the time she had.

...Time...
The concept was sort of funny, given she was a chronokinetic. She could just go back and change things if she wanted, but she'd always feared to do that, always feared creating some worse alternate timeline that could end up starting an apocalypse of some sort. Yet, there was always that nagging feeling, that maybe things could have been different,that maybe she could have stayed at home and looked after her sisters, been a more responsible older sibling...

She was snapped out of her train of thought, Eliza drawing her attention to what appeared to be a freshly painted mural. She tilted her head, her eyes tracing the New York skyline and taking in the message.
"If I did, it'd probably be best I didn't tell you." Angelica replied, though her eyes continued to linger on the painting.

"Put it up..." Angelica nodded, after a few moments of silence. "Keep the message circulating."

John Laurens

Laurens pressed the back of one hand to his forehead, placing the other overhis heart and leaned back slightly, as if he had actually been shot."You've got me there buddy, Mulligan is king when it comes to clothes." he agreed, before nudging Lafayette's leg gently with his foot and leaning closer, as if about to convey some scandalous secret.
"Those legs are to die for," he winked, falling back into his seat and bursting into laughter soon after. He had a habit of shamelessly flirting, though his friends knew he didn't mean anything by it. He was just being his usual idiot self.

"I'm sure they do... just don't try them in a skirt." Laurens chuckled. Laf could pull off some very impressive stunts and usually, during a fight, Laurens would end up yelling things like 'double kick, 200 XP!' or 'take down 100 enemies, knockout achievement unlocked!'. John had a talent for turning the most serious of matters into games. It wasn't that he didn't care, it was just what he did. Laurens would never forgive himself if one of his friends was injured, or worse, because of something he had done. Which is why he was always determined to make sure Lady Luck remained smiling upon them, as long as he had to.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds to it," Laurens joked, gesturing towards Peggy, before sliding his chair back slightly. Maria hadn't seemed particularly pleased to see the youngest Schuyler. Why, he did not know, but he might as well keep her company while Laf and Peggy discussed whatever they had planned to talk about

"So, Miss Reynolds, been up to anything lately?"
Ghostarriver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:29 am

M A R I AX R E Y N O L D S
    female // twenty three // daughters of liberty // teleportation // hetero // l; cafe, soho // t; lafayette [mentioned], laurens, peggy [mentioned]
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Maria raised an eybrow and gave a smile at Laurens' jokes towards Lafayette. She shook her head, laughing at his "flirting." She still felt unsettled to see the youngest schuyler sister there, especially alone, and for some reason it bothered her. She was snapped out of her thoughts by Laurens' talking to her. She flashed him an award-winning smile. She got out of her chair as well, leading him over to a booth by the window.

"Not much. Shopping, reading..." she said, looking up at him through her eyelashes. "...flirting..." she said slowly, giving him a coy smile. She didn't even have a crush on the guy, that was just her personality. She quickly went up to the counter an got another iced coffee, before returning to the table. "Whattabout you?" she asking him, slowly taking a sip of her drink.
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghostarriver » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:31 am

John Laurens

Lauren's leaned back for a minute, reluctant to get out of his seat, but eventually oblige and made his way over, without complaint. He watched Maria go and come back, with little expression on his face, but easily mirrored her smile.

"Well, sounds like you've been a busy girl," he chuckled, "Trying to set a new record for most amount of hearts broken in a day?" Maria was always an interesting case and certainly great to talk to and mess around with.

He seemed deep in thought when she returned his question.
"Ah well, y'know, the usual," he struck a pose, "being devillishly handsome... and giving you fashon advice." he winked, relaxing and stretching his arms a bit, leaning back in his seat soon after.
Ghostarriver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:44 am

female // twenty three // daughters of liberty // teleportation // hetero // l; cafe, soho // t; laurens
    Maria rolled her eyes, but her smile gave away her feigned annoyance at Laurens' comment. "Yeah, maybe you'll be next" she said, grinning up at him through her eye lashes. She loves "flirting" with her guy friends, because she knew that for the most part she doesn't have to worry about them catching feels.

She laughed softly and shook her head at the man's response. "Well, if your mission is to be devilishly handsome, i'd say you're failing in that department" she responded sarcastically. "I'm kidding, i'm kidding" she added, laughing softly. She took another long sip of her iced coffee, swirling the ice around with the straw.
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Akila {2}

Postby baron zemo. » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:59 am

Akila "Inkblots" Hart
╾──────────────────────╼
|| Female || 23 || Ink Manip. || Neutral || Location: streets || Tags: Angelica, Eliza||

Turning away from the man, and immediately going in the opposite direction, Akila shook the nervous feeling off her shoulders and placed the bud back into her ear. The jumpy tunes of electro swing bringing back a familiar rhythm in her step, she took a slightly longer route to avoid the man; she checked behind her back at specific periods to check if she was followed. Now, being the skeptic person, Akila always had a small inkling that something mundane could go wrong, but sometimes she knew her suspicions were unneeded. She just couldn't shake the deja-vu she felt when the two locked eyes; it was like there was something far more greater than awkward eye-contact.
    Alas, the moment was broken.

Huffing, the woman continued on her way, eyes trained on her phone to avoid eye contact. @Inkblots was getting a lot of traffic since her latest post, and as customary of her persona, she tasked herself with picking choice comments to reply to. That, and the need to check what her followers thought of the situation. Animal rights was a big topic anyway, and the public always had their fair share of wisdom...And nonsense. She huffed, rolling her eyes at a particular rant from a toxic follower, before hunkering down to read the replies. Now, Akila believed in free-speech, but this was atrocious. "...I can sort this out before I get to my appointment." The mutter left her lips, resigned, and her fingers started tapping. At least she had a small sliver of her father's writing genes.

She wrote a paragraph for a response, keeping her scolding as polite as she could and as scathing as necessary, and hit send just as her eyes finished proofreading. The ping among her swing confirmed the post, and she pocketed her phone with a cool smile.
    It always felt good to speak her mind, whether it was through words...or paint. By the time she looked up, Akila's eyes widened when she saw just how much ground she had covered, having traversed into the familiar area of her doctor's appointment. In fact,
    she even knew the guys that tagged the streets at night, and she recalled that they were busy on another project. Being a street artist, especially one that worked after hours, had its perks and the chance of networking with others. You scratch their backs,
    and they protect yours. It was a kooky family at best, yes, but a family nonetheless.

"...Meh, just one look should be fine." The decision, continued with her crossing the street, navigated her to a more residential area; she knew these streets like she knew her colour palettes. If this specific crew wanted to do something big, then it'd be in the vicinity. Akila scrunched up her eyes, attempting to weave through darkly lit alleyways, only to catch a purple hue. Paint, unmistakable. Getting closer, the woman whistled low, eyes trailing upon the piece with a glimmer of admiration. However, her mind sighed at the meaning behind the piece. It seemed that more people were picking sides in this turf war. "Liberty or not, there's going to be death everywhere if they don't stop." The words, exasperated, tumbled out of her mouth, having not seen that she had company. She'd stopped only a few paces from the other two observers, but her tunnel vision had impeded her from seeing them. "It's a matter of time until this blows up."
baron zemo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghostarriver » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:50 am

John Laurens

"Ooh, I'm shivering in my boots," Lauren's quipped, pretending to shake with fear. Of course, he could trust she didn't plan to go down that route, being of little interest to her, except platonically. That was fine with Laurens, to be honest.

"Fail- failing?" Lauren's eyes widened in fake shock, he seemed utterly dumbfounded."My dear Miss Maria, you really are a master at finding the quickest way to crush a man's heart."
Running a hand through his hair, as if to compose himself, he smirked and there was a small sparkle in his eye.
"You oughta be careful, I doubt you could handle another roasting of your backdated fashion sense," he replied, looking at her innocently.

Ghostarriver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

work work ;; 4

Postby meadow. » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:31 am

ELIZA SCHUYLER
      tagged: angelica, akila
      Eliza smirked, sending through the post with a simple caption and tagged location, unspecific so as not to reveal the exact location of the artwork... or herself. As proud as she was to speak her mind (read: the truth) there wasn't really room on her schedule for any sort of altercation with the enemy she knew so well and yet had never seen face-to-face. In any case, she was careful to keep her Instagram anonymous.

Her head whipped around at the sound of an unexpected voice. The girl didn't seem to have noticed Eliza or Angelica, but then she could just be pretending not to have seen them. Stranger still, there was something oddly familiar about her, as if they'd crossed paths before...

Eliza's eyes narrowed, but she took a moment to collect herself before speaking. "People have already died," she said gently, encouraging conversation rather than voicing an immovable opinion. "People are being smothered where they stand." Eliza glanced down at her phone, watching notifications roll in. She looked over at her sister, then back at the newcomer. "I'll agree with you about that last bit though. Just a matter of time." She cleared her throat gently, suddenly feeling as if she'd said too much. She folded her hands in front of her and took a step toward her sister. "Anyways," she muttered. "What do I know?"

meadow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostie, » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:03 am

female // twenty three // daughters of liberty // teleportation // hetero // l; cafe, soho // t; laurens
    Maria gave a playful smirk and smiled. "That's my specialty!" she responded, her voice full of laughter. She enjoyed that Laurens knew that she had no interest in him, which gave her the freedom to be "flirtatious" with him and not worry about it. She rolled her eyes but smiled at the comment about her fashion.

"please, if anyone was to have backdated fashion sense, it would have to be you" she responded her voice dripping with friendly sarcasm. "besides, don't you know know that retro is coming back?" she added, taking another sip of her coffee. "honestly, Laurens, I thought you knew better!" she scolded the man, her smile giving away her feigned anger.
ghostie,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me