» Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʀ // [started]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

» Lᴏᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴅ Wᴀʀ // [started]

Postby 200765 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:31 pm

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
The kingdom of Eleyah is engaged in war against the kingdom
of Shadis. When it was obvious that Eleyah was loosing badly,
the king sent out a command.

"Every household must send a man over sixteen years of
age without disabilities to fight in the war. Households with
no eligible men are excused from this order, but must
provide some kind of compensation may it be food, livestock, ..
weapons, or money. With this order, Eleyah will not be
defeated by Shadis. Eleyah will triumph!"

Five young women heard of this order and knew that it would
be hard on their family. Nobody in their family was fit to fight,
and their families would not be able to pay the compensation.

They decided to disguise themselves as men, taking up
a sword or a bow to join the army and fight for their country.

When the five women get trained by five soldiers, they
start to become suspicious. It will get harder for the women
to keep their secret. In the midst of the war, their true
identities may be revealed.

But maybe with the reveal, unexpected feelings will arise
during the battle to protect Eleyah.

Discussion Topic
Last edited by 200765 on Thu May 18, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

» Rᴜʟᴇs

Postby 200765 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Kɪɴɢ's Rᴜʟᴇs:

i. The king's say is law. Anyone caught disobeying will be punished
ii. All families must have one member fighting in the war
iii. If no men are eligible, the family must provide compensation
iv. No woman can take the place of a man
v. If a woman is found fighting, her family will give a tenth of what they own to the king, and the woman will be sent home

Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Rᴜʟᴇs:

i. Follow all CS roleplay rules
ii. Reservations last 48 hours, then the role will be re-opened
iii. One character per person, if spots need to be filled, another character can be made
iv. Characters are not perfect. Women will not be the best fighters from the start
v. Drama is encouraged between characters, not players. Follow the plot, but feel free to share your ideas
vi. This is a semi-lit roleplay. Five sentences minimum, more is encouraged. Type with capitalization, font size 85-75
vii. Disable signatures when posting
viii. Please be active! Post a few times a week, but don't leave anyone behind. More than a week of unexcused inactivity will result in character removal
viiii. Let me know if you will be gone so I don't remove your character
x. Use real face-claims. Make your own forms. Be sure to have enough info.
xi. Post all forms in the discussion thread.
xi. Be polite to other players, and have fun!

Last edited by 200765 on Sun May 14, 2017 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

» Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs

Postby 200765 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:09 pm

*Roleplay inspired by Mulan
Name // Role
Gender // Age (18+) // Trainer/Trainee
Username

Charlotte Julianne Kinsey // Scout
Female // 22 // Commander

Jessica Lynn Parker // Archer 1a
Female // 21 // Archer 1b
broken*

Macey Maddox // Archer 2a
Female // 22 // Archer 2b
razzberry

Bella Everwind // Soldier 1a
Female // 21 // Soldier 1b
Silent Wish

Kublai // Soldier 2a
Female // 22? // Soldier 2b
Pandle
Vaxas Tavrinth // Commander
Male // 26 // Scout
Xiabrine

Matthias Reese Faulk // Archer 1b
Male // 20 // Archer 1a
Butter Dragon

Brannon Ó Conghaile // Archer 2b
Male // 25 // Archer 2a
SnowBranwen

Elias Thorne // Soldier 1b
Male // 23 // Soldier 1a
Øutkasts

Alexander Moon // Soldier 2b
Male // 21 // Soldier 2a
crazy-in-wonderland

Commander: Leader of new recruits, highest rank. Trains new scouts in scouting tactics, evasive tactics, and close-range combat.
Scout: Goes ahead of army, looks for enemy size and location. Trained by commander.
Archers: Uses bow and arrows, long-distance fighters. Experienced archers train new recruits.
Soldiers: Uses sword and shield, direct combat. Experienced sword-wielders train new recruits.
Last edited by 200765 on Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 am, edited 10 times in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

» Rᴇᴄᴏʀᴅs

Postby 200765 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:41 pm

Day 1 » Spring, Sunny w/ Clouds
    » Leave families
    » Arrive at camp
    » Commander's speech
    » Dinner
    » Find out assignments
Day 2 »
    »
Last edited by 200765 on Thu May 25, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

» Charlotte "Charlie" Kinsey // [#001]

Postby 200765 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Male Name » Charlie James Kinsey
Age » 22
Role » Scout
Relationship » Future crush on Elias
Location » Home, Road, Camp
Mentioned » x
Tagged » Family, Macey
Charlotte Julianne Kinsey

She would not cry. Charlotte would not let her tears fall. She refused to let her family remember her as a crying mess as she left her farm, she wanted their memory of her to be brave and strong, like her father told her to be. Her brown eyes were misty and when she spoke, her voice was thick with emotion. "I'll miss you both," she told her weeping mother and teary-eyed brother. Charlotte's mother gripped her arms, looking down at her daughter. In her mother's eyes, she could see her reflection, so different from what she looked like a few days ago. Her hair was cut to her chin so that it was unruly in short waves, and her chest was bound so one could not tell she was female by her figure. Without her long hair a feminine figure, she was sure she could pass for a soft looking boy.

"Come back to us, okay, Charlotte?" her mother pleaded. Charlotte nodded and kissed her mother on her cheek. "I'll be sure to." The mother and daughter embraced for a long moment before pulling away from each other. Charlotte bent slightly so she was eye-level with her brother, Jacob, who was waiting nearby. "You're the man of the house, Jacob. Take care of mom for me, got it?" The twelve year old nodded and wrapped his arms around his older sister tightly. Charlotte gently pressed her lips to Jacob's forehead before standing up.

"Stay safe," she told her mother and brother. Stay strong, she thought, but did not want to say the last words her father told her out loud. If... if she didn't return, she didn't want her family to follow the words "stay strong." She didn't want her brother to grow up so quickly, to become like her, independent and hiding emotions. "I love you." After saying those words, she walked to her waiting horse, Storm, and mounted him. Her mother started sobbing even harder as Charlotte turned her horse around and trotted down the dirt path, away from her home and away from her family. As she was approaching a turn in the road, Charlotte turned in her saddle to look back at her home for the last time in a long time. It was only then, at a distance, did she let her tears fall.

Her tears stopped within a few minutes of riding, dried by the wind. She continued to ride for a few minutes but slowed once she came across a familiar path. Stopping her horse, Charlotte waited until her best friend, Macey, came down the path on her own horse. She was glad to have a friend going with her to the camp. Though they would be training for war, with the two of them working together, their true gender might be more easily hidden. "We have a few hours before we make it to camp. Are you ready?" Charlotte smiled at Macey before nudging her horse into a canter, continuing down the dirt road that would bring them out of the farmland and into the forests, where the camp would be.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Matthias - one

Postby Butter Dragon » Thu May 18, 2017 3:02 pm

Matthias Reese Faulk

tags;;n.a location;;woods near camp

back then~

Two moths ago Matthias had taken the position as a shepherd for one of the more wealthy families in their area. The herd was a medium size, mostly ewes with one ram and some new lambs that had been born in the previous spring. He'd been hired to look after them and, in return, he would receive regular, and much needed, income. Matthias was sitting by a pond, swatting away flies from his face the day that they came. He was on his knees, his hands gently petting a lamb next to him. Three days earlier that lamb had gotten lost and when he found her she had broken left hind leg from a fall. When he'd brought the sheep back to the owner they'd suggested taking it to the butcher to see what they could get for them but Matthias was able to convince them that he'd be able to save it. And ever since he'd carried the thing everywhere with him.
He was sitting with the lamb, coaxing it to drink from the pond that the herd was gathered by, when he heard the sound of horses. Three soldiers rode up, one got off his horse and approached him. His heart was beating faster than he'd ever felt it beat, his stomach was in his throat as the man bent beside him and filled his canteen with water from the pond. He was petrified that the soldier was coming for him, carrying out the most recent decree that was bound to tare his family apart. He didn't say a word, the field felt so silent despite the sound of the sheep bleating and the horses snorting and stomping their feet.
He thought he was in the clear when the man walked away. Matthias was stiff, unknowingly squeezing the wool the lamb beside him. But fate would not be so kind to him. "Matthias Faulk?" the man said, it was more of a command than a question. He would've felt compelled to say he was Matthias even if he wasn't. But of course, he was. "Yes sir." he said, looking up at the soldier but refusing to stand or give any indication that he would comply with their orders. "By decree of the royal court you must come with us or your family must pay due compensation. Your father has said that due to the lack of property and livestock to your families name you will be joining us." He said, as though it was a speech he was tired of rehearsing.
Matthias tried to keep his composure but he was hardly able to stop his emotions from raging. "I cannot, I am the primary source of food in our family. I can't afford to leave this lamb either, his leg is broken and I'm the only one to care for him." He kept his voice at a reasonable level but he couldn't help but slip into a pleading tone. Matthias could feel his stomach turning as the guard walked over to him once again and drew his sword from his sheath. He was sure he life was going to be threatened, he'd go or die, that's what they'd say. He was sure of it. The man bent down into a squat, Matthias realized what was coming and turned his head away, unable to keep the tears from falling from his eyes. He heard the slice of the sword and could feel the breath of the man next to his ear, "There," he said in a low whisper, "no more lamb to worry about." Matthias's hands were clenched, his jaw so tight that he was nearly unable to speak, "You... monster," he said in a tone to match the soldiers. Al that was given in reply was snort of a laugh from the man beside him.

~~~

By the time he got to their destination Matthias had already gotten a fat lip and a bruised shin. It was foolish of him to try and fight with the guards but he couldn't help himself, he couldn't leave his home without knowing he'd done everything he could to stop it. The horses came to a halt and the wagon him and the many other boys from his town were in followed suit. The next three days were worse than hell. He was strong, there was nearly nothing required that he wasn't able to. But his heart was breaking everyday, and he was never given a respite from the daily routine. In an attempt to train normal townsfolk to be immediate soldiers they'd forgotten once thing, rest. Save for working through the night, which wasn't unheard of for those who wouldn't conform to the rules, there was next to no time to relax. But he would have to get used to it eventually. Right?

▬▬▬▬

now~
Matthias kicked in his heels as his horse raced down the path as Matthias aimed his bow towards the oncoming target. He released the arrow, the sound of it flying through the air was music to his ears. It hit, dead center. He held the bow in one hand and pulled back on the reins with the other. "Alright boy, time to collect the arrows," he said calmly as he steered it to the target and pulled his arrow out. He hardly wanted to return to camp, he'd had nothing but problems with the other soldiers since he had arrived. He was unsure if he was the problem, if it was the others or if someone simply had it out for it. But regardless of what the answer was Matthias was having a hard time adjusting as it was without the added pressure of everyone constantly looking over his shoulder.
The only time he was able to feel at ease was on horse back, riding through the woods with the wind in his hair and his heart pounding as he released the arrow from his bow. Ealdun, his horse, stamped his feet and shook his head as Matthias took his time pondering the options at hand. "I get it, your bored. Well let's go, lets see what new hell is awaiting me back at camp,"
Last edited by Butter Dragon on Thu May 18, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Butter Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

jessica "jasper" parker

Postby broken* » Thu May 18, 2017 3:45 pm

jessica lynn parker || "jasper leon parker"
20 y/o woman || archer in training
tagged none (her family)

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    it was time. it was officially time. to say goodbye to her family, to her home, and go off to train, and ultimately fight, in a war. it was preposterous really, and if we were being realistic, the chances of her getting caught in her ruse were very high. she would have to put up complete walls around herself; she could afford no friendships, and especially no feelings being caught for any of the actual men. there was no way of knowing how long she would be gone, or if she would return. no one could guess when the war would be over, and so she knew, it very likely could be many, many years. there was also the chance she would end up killed in combat; she wasn't exactly the strongest person out there. she was only five feet even, height wise, and barely scrapped over one hundred pounds. she was normally lucky to have her breasts, for they were one of the only feminine attributes to her body, but they would make this whole charade much harder.

shaking away her doubts, she knew she had to buck up and deal with it. she didn't have energy to be wasted in fear or doubt; she had to be strong and just survive as long as she could. looking over at her stallion, she went through a checklist in her mind; she was lucky he was so large and strong, so he could carry herself and her things on his back, for the ride would take a number of hours, from her village to the training base. she needed to get going soon, and so, taking a deep breath, she turned towards her mother and father. her father leaned heavily on his cane, but even still, he resembled the man of strength he once did, although he was now much more frail, his cheeks hollow and his eyes sunken in. her mother honestly just looked tired; she hadn't smiled much since the passing of her brother several years ago, and as she held onto the arm of her husband, jess wasn't sure she would ever smile again...

approaching the pair, she hugged both of her parents, one at a time, forcing herself not to allow any sadness to cross her face, any tears to fall. kissing her mother on the forehead, and her father on the cheek, she held one of each of their hands in her own, squeezing lightly. "i love you both so much. i know this is hard, but i am doing this for you. i hope you can understand that and forgive me someday. my thoughts will constantly be on you, and my memories of your love, as well as ty's,
    will be the things that get me through this. goodbye, until next time."
    the last thing she said, three words, were the hardest to say. it was her brother's favorite saying, and it was also the last thing he ever said to her. turning away, she forced herself not to look back, as she slipped up into her saddle and clucked, her horse moved quickly into a gallop.

jess did not look back, not once. for that home that held so many good memories, also held so many bad. and as she felt the tears finally begin to fall, she knew that she had to do this for her family. her little brother had been well wise for his age, and constantly spoke of the coming war, although none believed him, claiming he was delusional from his illness. he was right. he saw all of the coming signs, and the war arrived, as devastating as it could. his one request of her was to keep their parents safe. she would not fail him. he was the person who meant the most to her, and she would not disappoint him. now or ever.

part of the reason she hadn't changed her look as abruptly as one would think, was that it allowed her to look like the type of person others did not want to approach. she had black gauges in both of her ears, as well as a septum nose ring, and she had kept those all intact. she already missed her hair, although it hadn't ever been insanely long; it had gone from shoulder length to a boyish cut that fell into her eyes on days it didn't feel like staying up. she was short and pale, and had always been told that she looked like a boy when she didn't apply her makeup; which was something she had always used as a confidence booster. she had been the girl that others were jealous of, her artistry skills at least, for her eyebrows always looked perfect, her eyeliner wings looked like they could fly, and her face always seemed flawless. but she brought none of that, for she couldn't. she had wrapped her chest so tightly that it ached already, but that was going to have to be something she dealt with, a struggle she would face due to the size of her chest, for to hide it she had to wrap it far more thoroughly than anticipated. with a gentle sigh, she forced her mind blank, and focused on the trail before her. she had hours to go, but she knew her horse wouldn't slow down; he was strong. they'd get there at the right time.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Thu May 18, 2017 4:30 pm

( ) — VAXAS TAVRINTH
══════════════════════════════════════════════════
║ age twenty-six ║ gender male ║ role commander ║ location camp ║ tags open form relations

"Steady, Svartr." The commander's hair blew aimlessly in the wind. He reached his hand up to brush it back as it had definitely obstructed his vision. Vaxas never forgot about this safety, though, and kept his other hand wrapped around the reins of his horse. Giving Svartr a strong pat on the side, he demounted, scuffing the soles of his boots against the dirt ground. The new recruits would be coming in soon, whether they were arriving on their own terms, or against their wills like a certain man with the name Matthias Faulk.

Vaxas Tavrinth was a man of his own will. He did whatever he wanted for as long as he could remember, growing up independently in a broken home. If he was still living his life at home in town, he wouldn't have needed to provide any compensation for the army, since his younger brother, Mallius, would've gladly enrolled to provide military service in this upcoming war. The key word there, is would've. It had been two years since Mallius died, and the culprit for the crime of his death was no other than Matthias. Vaxas hated that man all he could, but somewhere in his heart, he still held pity.

In this moment, Vaxas was awaiting everyone to join with him in the centre of the camp. There would be instructions provided, and the newbies would find out who their personal trainers were. He sent Svartr back to the stables with one of his soldiers before heading over to one of the dummies that had been set up. Some were cheap— just old potato sacks thrown over bundles of hay. Vaxas was sure to always train with those, as the more expensive ones that compensation from male-less families paid for shouldn't be destroyed. It was the commander's responsibility to keep the equipment in top shape. To organize battle strategies, to train others to prepare for war, and to keep the soldiers healthy. He was held accountable for all these jobs around the camp, but if Vaxas was being completely honest, he wasn't ready for any of it.

There was only one reason he became a commander, but many reasons he actually got the job. To achieve the position and role as the most powerful man in the military branch was his little brother's dream. He had died before he could reach it. It shouldn't have even happened. Mallius had the same skill set as Vaxas did, with quick reflexes and a good hand for weaponry. They weren't even ambidextrous when it came down to penmanship, but when given swords, those two were elites.

Vaxas unsheathed his katana, maneuvering himself around the makeshift dummy as he slashed at it. The blade of the sword, hardly even leaving the sack before it struck again. There was a lot to think about in this upcoming war, as it wasn't easy to take command. There was always the question of whether or not you were going to survive. In Vaxas' case, it didn't matter. He made no effort to live, nor did he make an effort to die. There were always the toxic thoughts of alienation and desolation that toyed with him and ate away at his happiness, but Vaxas had a purpose, and each morning at the break of dawn when he awoke, Mallius' ashes echoed it to him loud and clear.

He was here for a reason, and that was to win. To bring victory to the Kingdom of Eleyah. The thoughts that were pushed back to the very corner of his consciousness did not stir or arise until he was alone and the world was silent at night. Vaxas never slept inside his tent anymore, and those soldiers who had known him and worked under his word long enough knew why. The blade of his katana glistened in the sunlight as he held it above his head. It had once belonged to his father, who hadn't shown any affection for his sons since Vaxas was four.

One cyan, one, broken and grey, Vaxas gazed upon the clouds as he asked himself why. Why did he bother with sleeping under the muted navy dusk? He wanted to watch the stars as they splashed over wispy clouds in the dead of the night. He wanted to halt the harrowing thoughts of his deceased brother coming back to him in the form of night terrors.
    "I just want to dream again."
Last edited by passione on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kublai - an entrance

Postby Pandle » Thu May 18, 2017 5:26 pm

mentions > charlotte & macey

Kublai had never tried to steal a whole roast before. She had stolen cold chicken thighs and wings, and once, on a particularly fruitful expedition, she had even managed to steal the last half of a leg of mutton from an abandoned spit.

If she were to do it again, she reflected, she would do it very differently.
    For a start, she would wear gloves.

It was one of those frustrating calculations she hadn’t taken stock for. It was only now, skidding and worming hastily between streets thronged with fortune-tellers, singers, hawkers and merchants, as she ducked and dived between jugglers, craftsmen, herbalists and acrobats, throwing herself beyond the reaches of dancers and fire-eaters, that it had even occurred to her that a fresh roast would be, by its very nature, hot. Worse still, it was not near so easy to run and hold a roast simultaneously. Greasy juices made the fowl slippery, her fingers had screamed at the heat of it, and her grubby, dirt embedded nails had torn through the crispy, golden skin to puncture the white breast beneath. Her reward for such carelessness had been a yelp of horror as the scorching heat flogged her hands. Stowing the bird between arm and chest, the oozing grease pooled against her tunic instead. The heat, buffered only by a thin strip of old cotton, began its attack on her chest instead. If the hawker didn’t catch her, Kublai vowed to get the meat wrapped up in future pilfering soirées.

Throwing a glance across her shoulder, Kublai was abashed to find the colporteur hot on her heels. He was a wide man, wider than he was tall, with a straining girth shuddering at every charge. None of this mattered. What mattered was the now unattended stall. It was, she knew, teeming with meats. And meed. There was a flagon of meed kept in the barrel beside the cart. If the huckster was pursing her, then he most certainly was not at his stall.

Hankering left, Kublai sailed down the narrow alleyways to double back. She weaved and threaded her way with a growing sense of chaos as the rhino of a man maintained his pursuit. Her own chest was beginning to strain as much as his protruding waist, shuddering and floundering as her lungs struggled to refill. A sense of growing panic rose like bile in her throat as she cast back another glance. There he was. Closing in on her now. Swinging right, Kublai had just enough time to realise her mistake before thwak.

The fist collided with the bridge of her nose. There was a crunch as bone met cartilage. Something beneath the skin was grinding like gravel. Then hot, hot, hot; dark, iron rich blood began to stream. It hurried over her lips, down her chin, and pooled with the grease from the roast pheasant. She stood a moment, as if surprised to find herself brought to such a stop, then first her left, and then her right leg buckled. The bird fell from her grasp into the mire of the street, and she followed swiftly after it. She sat there, her face exploding in pain as her hands cupped feverishly at her broken nose, trying fruitlessly to stuff the blood back up, or make it stop. Her lips cracked with horror; pitching with alarm at the gripe and the ferrous liquid filling her mouth. It covered her teeth and busied itself covering her neck. She was wailing, frightened. Alarmed by the whole fiasco, the fist which had rendered her so fell abruptly to the side of its owner. Said owner eyed the huffing and puffing vendor, who by this point had drawn up behind Kublai, crestfallen. The two men looked first at one another, and then down at the bloodied, muddy creature between them.

She was a sorry sight. An ugly sight. All grime and filth.
    They hurried away, slipping back into the crowds without a word. Nobody stopped them, though people shot questioning glances to the thing on the street still trying to stuff blood back up its nose.

Kublai was still an ugly sight as she made her way to the soldiers camp. Her nose was squashed against her face, smeared out at an obtuse angle, and her unwashed tunic was stained and crusted still with a matting of blood, grease and mud. None of it mattered. The pain was ebbing now -save for when she laughed, or breathed too hard, or when she sneezed or snorted or brushed her hand against it- and in his retreat, the street merchant had forgotten to reclaim his prize pheasant. That it was no longer desired, having fallen into a puddle of murky brown street waste, did not occur to Kublai, who had been only to happy to plough into the bird once her nose had finally stopped bleeding. For the first time in weeks, she did not feel hungry. In fact, she felt most triumphant. It was true that her hands were defiled with big welts and sores, and her chest too was now grisly with burns, but she had not only avoided capture, she had gone on to steal a horse.

Unaccustomed to horseback, she rode poorly in the wake of two proficient looking recruits. Kublai had followed them for a while, letting them ride on the edge of her sight, way off in the horizon, too afraid to approach. Afraid, and unable. For they seemed to ride with a natural effortlessness, but swaying in the saddle, her feet falling helplessly about in the stirrups, her hands struggled to work the reigns. The horse, sensing its rider's continual and growing agitation, plod along with respectful, sombre duty. It had no more idea where they were going than Kublai did, but so long as they continued down the straight country roads, it didn't matter than neither creature knew. Sooner or later, Kublai supposed, they would stumble on the encampment.

Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Alexander Moon [#1]

Postby crazy-in-wonderland » Thu May 18, 2017 10:34 pm

(Age) 21(Role) Soldier(Relationship) Open(Location) Home, Camp(Mentioned) Family, none. (Tagged) Open
Alexander couldn't help but feel bad when he had left home to join the war, he didn't need an order from his king, he knew it was his duty to his family and kingdom to help. He had been one of the first to join up when the war first began. He remembered his mother and sister weeping for their only boy in the family, that much he had expected but his father's reaction shocked him to the core. He saw his father sitting in his favorite chair in the sitting room, head in his hands,sobbing. Alexander and John had never really gotten along. His father wasn't the nicest of men,he tried but he was strict and whatever Alexander did was never good enough. Alex had tired of his father's disapproving looks and he thought joining the kings army might make him proud.

Alexander picked his bag up, he only needed the essentials of food and a few changes of clothes. Of course he would get weapons and such when he joined the camp. He patted his father's back softly, "It'll be alright father," he whispered softly,"I'll be alright."He turned to his mother and gave a soft smile as he hugged her, "Don't worry,
I'll be home the minute this war is won."
He knelt down to Alicia, he could feel tears rising
as he stared into his younger sister's eyes, she was so small and innocent, only seven years old.
He had always had a soft spot for her, he always had. "Don't go, stay with me," she had said the night before, but he had told her he had to go. He just patted her head softly, before standing up and walking out the door.

Alexander had grown accustomed to life in the army, the training had been hard but he had rose to the occasion, he had a natural skill for fighting with a broad sword, or so he was told by his teacher.
Alex had made his way to the camp a day before the recruits were scheduled to arrive. He was anxious to get on with training his assignment. The first thing Alex had done when he entered camp was find his tent in the center of the large camp. He had expected this much, to show to new recruits who was in charge but the tent was larger than he wanted, he only needed it to sleep in, nothing more. It was too spacious for anyone from a humble background. After that all he had to do was wait for the new recruits to arrive.
crazy-in-wonderland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me