✧ ━ Bᴏʟᴅʟʏ Gᴏ! )) [open]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: Armansky II.

Postby sicksadworld. » Thu May 04, 2017 11:04 pm

Jᴇᴅᴇᴅɪᴀʜ Aʀᴍᴀɴsᴋʏ

The nod and greeting from Captain Henley was returned with a warming smile as Jed placed his hands behind his back and clasped them together, his eyes darting from face to face seeing as the new crew grasped their instruments and controls and began to set up for take off. He himself still had his office to prepare, papers to file and plants to water. Even though the majority of medical records and files were all stored upon electrical devices Jed preferred the physical feeling of something, it also provided him with a means to gain older records without having to look through files upon files that haven't been backed up in years and who doesnt love the sound of a heavy, clunking filing cabinet rolling shut anyway.
      His mental notes of each crew members files began to flow through his thoughts as his eyes fell upon the easily recognisable face of the CSO Satekhau T’Kerik, and the same intriguement struck Jed as it did the first time he read about the man. The Vulcan species was something of a known obsession within Armanskys studies as he was constantly writing papers about the species whilst doing intergalactic medical studies when he first arrived at the academy, namely based around whether Vulcans could catch the common cold. The study tended to run cold after blood work studies as human blood has iron in it and Vulcans blood uses copper in place of the iron which means the biochemistry of the transmission of the cold bacteria couldn't latch onto the cells itself. That and within zoonotic diseases, acute viral rhinopharyngitis was not categorised as being such. However Jed's studies had never focused on part-Vulcans and therefore a want was there to at least question the man on whether or not he had suffered from upper respiratory system infections before.

The orders came quickly for take off and Armansky settled in front of a control panel, making sure a handle was nearby just incase stability was needed, he watched in awe as other members of the crew began preparing the ship. It was as complicated as the human body and a thousand times more powerful and something that Jed could hardly began to fathom, he was glad he chose to stick as a medical officer as he watched a rather timid brunette girl prepare the ships systems infront of him. She seemed a little unprepared for what was being asked for her but he waved it off as first timers nerves.
      Jed first space trip only lasted a few months, it was a general cultural observation mission to Alpha Laputa IV of which they monitored the local populous, it was a rather plain and simple trip but he recollected the nerves of that first take off on a weekly basis. It was the excitement of leaping into the unknown and even though his skills were only needed for a small burn received by an engineer who got a little to cocky trying to repair a cooling system pipe it was a well rewarded expedition as it gave him time to put forward questions and theories about the planets biological make up, pulling him into the limelight on the bridge and was well received by the ships head nurse.
      Since then his ever expanding skills and knowledge have been sought after on some fleet ships, especially those travelling to planets with diverse botany.

His eyes wandered from the control panel to the seemingly endless screen infront of him, steam rose from the mechanics holding the ship in place and the sky beckoned loudly, the sun shining in from the east making him place one hand above his eye to shield himself from the warm rays. It wouldnt be long now until the final order for take off would be given and he was as prepared and enthralled as usual.

sicksadworld.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me