delete

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

vance [1] | mac [1]

Postby fallen; » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:59 pm

MAC xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
19 | bisexual | "the scholarship" | tagged ;; no one

Makenzie slung her gym bag off of her shoulder, making sure it was at the edge of the dance room, knowing it would get in the way otherwise. The crew had a practice starting soon, and like clockwork, she was there fifteen minutes early. It was a habit that she figured had stuck even after graduating from high school. She always felt the need to work harder, show up earlier, and shine brighter to feel on the same level as her non-scholarship peer counterparts. It hadn't always been easy for her - yet she took each day as it came at her and prevailed.

School was long over and now she could focus on her passion: dance. She had always aspired to be a dancer, ever since she could think freely. Shaking from her thoughts, she moved to plug her phone into the speakers. She chose her favorite warm-up track, hitting play before she began to warm-up. 1-2-3-4. 1-2-3-4, Mac chanted in her head, loosing herself in the rhythm of the music. The crew had a competition at "The Spot" soon and there was no chance they'd lose to Sizzle&Stomp.

VANCE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
20 | polyromantic-bisexual | "the juvie" | tagged ;; no one

An alarm blared, causing a very tired man to groan loudly. Vance glanced at his alarm clock, sending the blasted item a glare as it seemed to scream louder. Banging it gracelessly, he turned over, tempted to fall asleep once more. He knew he shouldn't though. From what the clock had read, he was already going to be late to practice. Again. It wasn't anything new, something that had been happening for years now. He liked to sleep. Even though a majority of his missed practices or competitions had to do with the fact he was probably with his parole officer. Vance had never been one to actually abide to the law. It was far more fun to break the rules.

Forcing himself out of bed, he grabbed the nearest pair of jeans to him - the same, ripped, dark grey ones he had had on yesterday. Not that he minded. They made his butt look splendid. Pulling them on, he quickly went through the motions of getting himself ready. Once he was done, he went to leave, making sure to grab his essentials: phone, wallet, gum, and house keys. Once the items were safely tucked away in his pocket, he headed out the door, mind wandering to the crew and the studio.
fallen;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: this side of the tracks | dance crew rp | closed

Postby feather_light_flight » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:37 am

XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXTATANIA
XX19/ Female
XXDANCER
XXmac
XXRYTHMIC
XXstudio
XXXXXXXXXXXX
It had been an unusual morning for the young red head, having spent a good portion of her time before dawn exploring the down town area, and then somehow ending up at a late night diner. Hours had been spent watching people, doodling notes about them into her book. It had been odd, and ephemeral, but it was peaceful. Now was time for Tatania to challenge herself though. Time for practice. Stepping into the sunlit practice room, Tatania's golden gaze landed on Mac. A small, quirky smile slid across her face and she walked over, setting her stuff down next to her friend, with a small head nod and a few melodic words for a greeting. "Good morning Mac. You're early as ever." Another soft, quirking smile, tugging into dimples that formed on Tatania's cheeks. Some might have found it odd that the Queen Bee of the school was best friends with a scholarship student, but Tatania was always odd so...no surprise there.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXAMOS
XX20/ male
XXFLOWERS
XXno tags
XXSIZZLE&STOMP
XXhome
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Having been up since last night, Amos was still tending to his garden when his phone buzzed, signaling time to get ready and head to practice. A feather soft sigh escaped the young mans lips as he nodded to himself and stood up, cracking out the tensed up areas in his back before crouching down once more to say good bye to his plants. "I'll return this evening to water you all." A small, genuine smile, and he ran one thumb across a fuzz covered leaf before standing and heading inside. Amos's house was sparse, and small, and could almost be considered livable. With minimal furniture and even less food, it's a wonder Amos had enough energy to dance half the time. It didn't seem to bother Amos though, and as he washed his hands and slung his messenger bag over his shoulder, the young man felt happy. It was a little rough sometimes sure, but Amos had his garden, and now he had dance. Speaking of, he'd be late if her didn't hurry his butt up. Scurrying out the door, Amos's long strides carried him down the street.
feather_light_flight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mungo - 1 // Emory - 1

Postby pastel.bun » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 am

Mungo Finley // male | 20 | rhythmic crew | clown // tags; Mackenzie, Tatania

No matter how many alarms are set or itineraries made, the Finley family never operates according to schedule. This is a fact Mungo is firmly comfortable in, even if it makes mornings (and afternoons) quite chaotic. Being the oldest since Mae moved out, responsibility for the younger Finelys fell squarely on his shoulders. This is a “burden” that he is all too happy to bear. He has every right to move out as well, but he can't really bring himself to leave his family just yet. Though Declan, the third oldest, is almost fifteen and already acting almost unnervingly mature. Despite Mungo's own age, herding his siblings like this is the closest he ever feels to being an “adult”, though even now he acts far from it.
“Jack, go brush your teeth little man,” Mungo says, noticing he had finished his breakfast (pancakes, quick and classic) and is preoccupied by drawing things in his syrup with his fork. The blond boy tilts his head up and makes a face at his older brother, as if trying to hiss at him petulantly. Mungo takes this cue to dramatically swoon backwards, stumbling as if trying to catch himself as he makes a face of his own. “P-U! When did my brother turn into a Stinkasorous Rex?” This elicits a giggle, which turns into a full laugh as Mungo swings him out from his chair and drops him squarely on the kitchen floor. “Go on, you Gross-ceratops, you need to clean those chompers,” He urges, giving a gentle shove toward the hall bathroom. His brother complies, still giggling. Mungo himself is amused by the image of a 144-horned dinosaur that his wordplay drew up, and allows a moment to take a breather and chuckle before turning back to fixing lunches.
The clan manages to shuffle out on time (a near-daily miracle) and pile into the car. There is only one pigtail-pulling incident as he drops them off at their respective schools, getting confirmation before each left of their after-school activities and whether they needed a ride, compiling the information in a mental list that he runs through several times as he drives to the dance studio. If Mungo’s pep had ebbed at all so far this morning, it rushes back full-force as soon as he pulls up to the building. Bounding out with an energy to rival Jack's, he swings his bag over his shoulder and heads into the studio. His grin grows, as he already hears music thumping from the dance room.
He has a good guess as to who that is. “Hey, Mac!” He calls over the music, moving to set his bag down. Noticing the extra bag as well as the extra face, his grin brightens, if that is at all possible, as he turns to Tatania. "And Anya!" Mungo absently runs a hand through his perpetually messy hair, not really doing any good to tame his curls but making him feel better about it anyways. “You girls ready to start the day? It's always good to psych yourself up,” He says, moving into his stretches with an exaggerated expression of "intense concentration", a bit undermined by the slightly silly bounce in his toes. It doesn't take him long to reach his full flexibility, an admittedly impressive span that helps make him a good dancer. Literally running around the house that morning had probably helped some.

Emory Eiken // androgyn | 18 | sizzle & stomp | heartbreaker // tags; open

Emory’s mornings are quiet. The cramped house is near-silent as they slip across the hardwood on socked feet, moving around haphazard piles of books and other objects as if they aren’t there at all. There is fluidity in their movements, feet moving to an inadudible beat as they mentally rehearse the latest routine even as their hands prepare a pot of coffee. Their hips wiggle a little, an echo of more extravagant movements, but their hands stay steady through the ritualistic prepping of the machine. Neither they nor their uncle Marcus can properly wake up without the (heavily sweetened) drink. They gulp down a near-scalding cup for themself, then refill it plus a second mug before heading to the other bedroom, moving around mismatched furniture from too many inheritances.
They knock once on the door before heading in, setting the hot coffee on the nightstand and using their free hand to shake the man’s shoulder awake. “Uncle Mark, coffee’s done. Time to get up,” They say, gentle but firm, the same way he had done to them every morning since they could remember. The secret of caffeine had been ingrained in them later, of course, and before that the bribery had been muffins. Their uncle sat up without any more prompting, mumbling a ‘thank-you’ and shooting them a sleepy, but grateful, smile that makes their heart pang. Another job means longer hours and longer nights and more difficult mornings, even if there is more money in the long run. Both of them are far from early birds, but someone usually manages to drag themselves awake on time for the sake of the other. That responsibility is falling more and more to Emory lately, and the worry is eating at them.
Steeling themself, they bid a quick goodbye with a kiss to his forehead and leave to finish getting ready. They hear the shower turn on as they fix their hair in that magical way so that it hardly gets ruffled during practice. It's a routine practice with people they know well, sure, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't look their best. There’s a hard set to their jaw as they march back to the kitchen. They will make something of themselves, they swear as they fill a third cup and grab a protein bar before heading out the door. They will make him proud. If that means dancing until they have blisters, then so be it. If it comes with beating the Rhythmic Crew, then even better.
pastel.bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ik-Eun (1)

Postby Killua Godspeed <3 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:28 am

┌────────────┐

IK-EUN PARKxxx
the basket case
male | 17 | bisexual
crew: sizzle&stomp
mood: happy, tired
Tag(s): Open

└────────────┘
With school ending just a few minutes ago for the pink haired boy, he was already off campus, hurrying down the sidewalk in the direction of the dance studio.
"Gotta hurry...gotta hurry...gotta hurry..." Eun groaned as he was now shuffling across the street, occasionally pushing up blue rimmed sunglasses that protected his eyes from the sun. Being first to arrive at practice meant he could take a nap before everyone arrived...walking back home would take far too long and would just make him even more tired; thank goodness his school was closer by comparison. With the whole competition at The Spot against Rhythmic Crew coming up, Eun was having a hard time falling asleep the past few nights; he was just too darn excited to see how much everyone improved! But whenever he stepped inside the dance studio, he always felt calm, relaxed. Putting two and two together, Eun came up with the 'genius' plan to sleep before practice so that he'd be more energized when it was time. He'd thought about the plan last night, so he was very prepared, and very tired, to put his words into action.

Upon arriving, Eun pulled open the front entrance and ran inside, throwing his backpack haphazardly on the floor a few feet in front of the entrance and removed his sunglasses quickly, only to regret the later soon after as his skin stung for a bit. The pink haired boy proceeded to the practice room, letting out a sleepy sigh.
"G'Afternoon, practice room!" He greeted the area as best he could before finally taking his first step in. Immediately after, the teen moved over to an empty corner and sat on the floor, laying down after he pulled up his hood which was big enough to cover his eyes. With the silence and, for the most part, darkness that enveloped him, Eun succumbed to sleep, dreaming about how great of an idea this was...
Killua Godspeed <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: this side of the tracks | dance crew rp | closed

Postby feather_light_flight » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 am

XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXTATANIA
XX19/ Female
XXDANCER
XXmac, mungo
XXRYTHMIC
XXstudio
XXXXXXXXXXXX
A glance over her shoulder revealed Mungo, another of Tatania's very close friends. A wide smile spread across her face as she padded across the floor to join him in stretching. Having already stretched at home, it didn't take long for the lithe red head to stretch herself back out, and she reveled in the feeling of taunt muscles as she pulled her leg up behind her. "So tonight a new club is supposed to be opening up downtown. One of my parent's workmates is hosting a huge opening party, completely open to the public. Do you guys wanna go?"

Letting her leg glide back down into first position, Tatania moved on to stretching her back, bending behind herself until her curling red hair brushed the studio floor. It wasn't until she stood back up that she continued talking. "I was thinking we could invite the sizzle and stomp crew too. Get a taste of the competition." It was a reasonable idea, and Tatania took competition less seriously than her team mates, but she still recognized that they'd probably wanna square up the other team before The Spot competition.

Golden eyes landed on Mungo, and Tatania felt a small laugh bubble in her chest, "I swear Mungo you're like a barbie doll. I could bend you any which way and you'd be perfectly comfortable." Of course, Anya was flexible on her own, but she wasn't the best in the group by any means. She was only the Queen because she was so well rounded.
feather_light_flight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

lexy | one

Postby Fyrvi » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:41 am

Alexander Katsaros
    the Romantic • male • 19 • Rhythmic Crew • tags: Tatania, Mac, Mungo
      After lifting the leather strap above his head, Lexy gently set his olive green messenger bag on the desk. He swung backward and plopped onto one of the bean bag chairs. The college student had several exams that morning, and now he was just glad to be back at his apartment. His dark eyes scanned the familiar living room; everything looked the same as he had left it. Bookshelves formed the entirety of one wall. There was an acoustic guitar in one corner. And Lexy had so many pillows. He liked to think of his apartment as cozy and playful, and on weekends there would be a pillow fort in front of the TV. The time on the clock had changed, however, and it was half an hour before practice started. He considered. He'd be early if he left now, but early was on time within the Rhythmic Crew. So he got up and changed into more comfortable clothes, then Lexy retrieved his duffel bag and left. He walked at a brisk pace, and twenty minutes later, he entered their bright studio.

Lexy arrived just before Tatania invited the crew to a party.
      "Hello," he greeted them cheerfully as he placed his own bag by the wall. "Mungo, Mac, Anya." He spoke their names one-by-one, nodding to each in turn. Then his gaze returned to Tatania to answer. "I'd love to go, and I don't see any reason why we couldn't invite Sizzle&Stomp." He paused, looking to the other two for their approval. Then stepping backward, he joined them in stretching. It was noticeable that Lexy wasn't as flexible as the others, but he was swift from years of track and field.
Fyrvi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Mungo - 2 // Emory - 2

Postby pastel.bun » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:48 am

Mungo Finley // male | 20 | rhythmic crew | clown // tags; Mackenzie, Tatania, Lexy

Mungo listens to Tatania as he lowers himself to the ground in a slow split, smile betraying his faux-serious attitude he had attempted to project. Some of the smooth floorboards are warm, he notices as he stretches towards his toes, from the sunlight streaming in through the large windows. He glances up sharply when Lexy greets them, beaming at the (only) other guy teammate before returning to considering the question. The young man runs through his family's schedules in his head, crunching times and what the plan was for dinner. His mom doesn't have a board meeting tonight, so she should be home at a reasonable hour, but issues and spontaneous plans always come up to put a wrench in things.

His nose scrunches a little as he thinks. "Yeah, I think I can make that work," he says finally, "Though I might be a bit late. I like the idea of seeing the Stomp guys, too," he adds in agreement with Lexy, now standing up and rolling his shoulders. He revels in the loose feeling now and already looking forward to just how good it'll feel after a rewarding practice. "And I hear they recruited a new kid! That makes them, what, eight?" Even with them, in number at least. Skill is much more subjective, especially when it comes to different styles, though of course he has every confidence in his team. "'Course, final call is up to Cap'n Pip," He says, knowing neither he nor anyone else would step on their captain's toes, out of respect of course.

At the 'barbie doll' comment, Mungo's face lights up into one of his best cheesy grins. "You're probably right!" He says, not for want of bragging but purely because the image of the redhead bending him into a pretzel is downright hilarious, "I can actually do a pretty good Barbie voice, too. Wendy and Patty have really gotten into those movies lately, and now I only get tea party invites if I can do an impression," He tells her, glancing over to the other two to see what they thought about that. He's referring to his youngest sisters, the twins, just about 8 years old now and getting more adorable by the day. He talks about his family so much and shows so many pictures that he's sure his teammates know who he's talking about.

Anticipating the request for a demonstration, he clears his throat, then does his best Wonder Woman pose. "It's the only way! I will save the Cloud Kingdom and all it's pegasi... with the power of SONG!" He strikes a pose more reminiscent of a Sailor Moon character, barely fighting back a grin. Strangely enough, he does sound kinda like Kelly Sheridan, maybe just a bit airy from straining his vocal chords higher. Mungo's also 80% sure that that's not actually how the plot of the movie he was referencing goes, but that's all the movies in a nutshell, really.

Emory Eiken // androgyn | 18 | sizzle & stomp | heartbreaker // tags; Eun

Emory arrives at the slightly dingy studio in plenty of time, a bit early even. Their quick and fast gait slows to a leisurely stroll, as if they have all the time in the world to waltz in, the picture of ease. Em believes the studio empty for a couple minutes, despite there being a bag lazily tossed by the door, before they note the familiar teal hoodie huddled in the corner. 'Oh, it's him,' They think with just a hint of disdain. They don't care much for the pink-haired goofball, though they can't find any reason to be an outright jerk to him. Because at the end of the day the two of them are part of a team, and as long as he pulls his weight they'll have no problems.

The lithe teen picks up his bag and sets it properly upright in the corner, setting their own next to it and tucking the now empty ceramic coffee mug in a pocket as well. Just because their house is a mess doesn't mean they'll let their studio be one, too. Their dark eyes slide over to the prone form again, releasing an inaudible sigh as they decide not to purposefully wake him just yet. As annoying as he is energized, being tired and pulled into himself honestly isn't any better. Besides, they've listened to the soundtrack so much that playing music is hardly a necessity.

The dancer moves into a few stretches, though they do this first thing in the morning anyways and they're still fairly limber from the walk over, as much to get themself in the mind space as anything. They face the mirror wall and go through a set of warm up motions, face set in a stony expression as they move with near silence, the only sounds their feet thumping softly on the hard floor. They count in their head, doing their best to concentrate on the pretty form reflected back at them and harshly critiquing every slow turn or jerky movement. It's honestly tempting to just tire themself out doing this before everyone else even arrives; if they're already perfect, then it'll just be everyone else's job to follow.
pastel.bun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Venus | One

Postby ShadowOfTheBird » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:50 am

Venus Mercury ● Twenty ● Female ● Rhythmic Crew Team Mom ● Tags; Mac, Mungo, Tatania

Venus had always tried to be early, partially to set a role model and partially because everyone else was usually there anyways. However, today that had not quite been the case. "Who unplugged my alarm clock?" The young woman called as she entered the living room, Vincent giving a light wave as he slung his bag around his shoulder. When he gave that the family thought she was just tired, the blonde girl rolled her eyes and decided she'd try to figure it out later. At the moment, she needed to get her dance bag, and something to eat.

Five minutes later and she was out the door, bag in her left hand and a very quickly thrown together bagel in her left. Alright, if I take the back alley a block away, I can reasonably get to the studio in about five more minutes. She took the time to think on routine as she crossed into the shortcut, glancing at the pocket of her bag that held the CDs she usually carried. But at this point the Rhythmic was certain someone else had already put in a track.

The moment she opened the door into the studio building was when she realized she'd never even thrown up her hair, and as she entered the room to set her bag down she called to the other occupants. "Sorry I'm late, somehow my alarm got unplugged and so it didn't go off," the team mom pulled a hairtie out of her bag, not even paying attention to the fact that she was early anyways. However she did come in range to hear Mungo doing what appeared to be some sort of impression, raising a brow and walking over as she pulled up her hair. "So what'sa, going on here?"
ShadowOfTheBird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ❝ Wang 一 ]

Postby Kim Jongdae » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:10 pm

ALIANNA WANG
my heart is the skyway, tonight beyond the moonlight !!
───────────────────────────────────────────────
tagged;; rhythmic crew |oc;; ...

Alianna had awoken up early that morning, attempting to get some solo practice in before meeting meeting up with the rest of her team. Up at the break of dawn, the girl had gotten out of bed, practically hopped out with a dainty step in the way she walked. She had dressed herself simply, a pair of leggings, black shorts that halted at her mid thigh over them, an undershirt and an over-sized sweatshirt on top. Alianna had slipped out of her home early today, looking up at the pinkening sky, as she slipped on her black heeled boots and headed towards the small acura sitting in the front of her driveway. If she made it within twenty minutes, she'd probably have an hour to herself before the meet up with the other members.

With that thought in mind, Alianna had a good hour of practice, just as she had counted, before picking up her things to meet up in one of the neighboring rooms for the meet up. Her mood as good, lifted by the practice ahead of time, as she carried herself towards a room already bustling with noise. Her fellow crew members were already starting to gather, and the girl bit her lip quietly. 'Perhaps I should have ended earlier' she thinks to herself, as the Chinese takes a breath and steps in.

"Hey guys, everyone seems early today" she comments in a quiet voice, as if careful not to stir the quietness of the morning.

Kim Jongdae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

pippa [ 1 ]

Postby artemis, » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:28 pm

( ) P I P P A !
    ──────────────────────────────────────
    pippa loretz. pip. female. 20. rhythmic crew captain. dance studio.

pippa was not up bright and early like most of her crew.
      her night had been absolutely a disaster. up until 2 am, writing papers for history. unfortunately, that had earned pip a solid 5 hours of sleep.
      she hadn't expected it to go any other way, however.

but as she walked to the dance studio in the breezy morning, she felt excitement bubble up into her stomach, somehow giving her some sort of jolt of energy. soon she and the rest of the team would meet at "the spot" to compete against sizzle and stomp. and there was no way they were losing to that bunch.
      checking her brown hair in the reflecting window of a random building, she kept her pace until she entered the studio. pip heard mungo's unmistakable voice, catching 'captain pip' within his words.

with the thought of winning the little comp to sizzle & stomp in her mind, she pushed the door open and flung her duffel bag to the far corner of the room. making sure it was close to the wall as to not get in the way, she got near the group. "captain pip is now at your service!" she joked, surveying the group before her. "i see you all were here bright and early," she said with a grin, smoothing the bumps of her thick ponytail. taking off her jacket and placing it on the rack, she went to the corner to get their usual playlist ready. although she could easily hide her tired state, she was hoping a little warm up would wake her up and help her get her head back in the game. she did a couple of regular warm up stretches before getting into her splits, in which she was nearly to the floor. natural flexibility was a trait of hers, however years of gymnastics as an accompanying sport when she was younger left her pretty flexible. however it wasn't anything in comparison to a real gymnast. getting up, she lifted her leg over her head in an attempted needle, only reaching a scorpion. better than nothing.
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me