shape-shifter sanctuary. ( open & accepting )

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Shane (3)

Postby Shira Uchiha » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:25 am

Shane Alexander Kesk

Animal: Yukon Wolf
Taggs: Navy
This place is huge! Always tucked into alleyways for a living, Shane had rarely been in an actual building, but having a whole town to himself? It was a delightful adventure for the black wolf as it bounded about, nosing through doorways and climbing on structures. Shane had just found a cozy looking cabin and was deciding to tell Lirona when his eyes spotted a figure all by themself.

The large wolf would normally just ignore the person, but she seemed so out of place that he felt like it was his duty to at least greet her. Loping over, he considered shifting back, but felt like it was unneeded. Everyone here was probably a shifter, so really, there was no reason why he would have be in human form.
"Hello." He greeted, his tail wagging slightly as he stood before the woman. The female looked about a few years older than Shane, but nonetheless, seemed quite small at the moment just standing there, leaning against a front porch.

Faint amusement shone on her face, but for what reason, Shane couldn't fathom.
"Um... say... how are you, miss?" He tried to seem casual, though his words seemed awkward.
Shira Uchiha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: shape-shifter sanctuary. ( open & accepting )

Postby MoonAero » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:45 am

Navy Park ~ 20 ~ Bengal Tiger

Tags: Shane

Navy had tilted her head up towards the sun that seemed to watch over the Sanctuary on its "opening day" of sorts. She lowered her head and made direct eye contact with a wolf standing in front of her. She swallowed hard and then began,"Hey, I'm Navy. Uh,- I'm good I guess. Just a little nervous." She forced a weak smile, but the center of her seemed to warm-up at her first conversation with someone here.
MoonAero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoupPupped » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:30 am

Danny Heyman wrote:Male
African Gray Parrot
Tags;; Leo
Danny let out a small gasp as he heard a voice and then a small being on his back. Instantly his muscles relaxed as he felt the nuzzling, and he realized it must be a shifter in animal form. When he saw the other boy had turned back into a human and held out his hand, Danny pushed himself onto his butt and grabbed the other's hand, successfully pulling himself back onto his feet. He hesitated for a bit before releasing his hand, not really wanting to remove the contact, but he would have to get over it. "Danny. My name's Danny Heyman," He stated rather awkwardly, pushing his hand out half way, pausing, then deciding a handshake would be alright. He presented his hand and smiled awkwardly, not quite sure what to do with total strangers. He was used to the comfortable surroundings of people he had known all his life, not people he had just met who were shapeshifters as well. It was exciting, but also a bit scary to be confronted by this situation.

Zoe Capaldi wrote:Female
Western Diamondback Rattlesnake
Tags;; Jay
Zoe had been watching the group with narrowed eyes, biting her lip with waning patience. She wanted to observe, but she needed to do something. As soon as she was about to go confront the group, a male about her age bumped into her. She snapped her head towards him, narrowing her eyes and gritting her teeth. Although she was new, she generally forgot about first impressions when even slightly provoked, and although he seemed polite enough, Zoe wasn't having it. "I'm fine, but why don't you try watching where you're going," She snapped, though the usual venom in her tone was missing. The male was pretty respectful, and he seemed to have good intentions, and Zoe had trouble being mean to kind strangers as much as she liked being rude and defensive.
SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Esther~ » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:54 am

Xavier Akitsu|Male|22|Black wolf|Tags: Hayato and Myles

Xavier​ ​looked​ ​over​ ​to​ ​where​ ​the​ ​other​ ​female​ ​had​ ​came​ ​by.​ ​She​ ​seemed​ ​to​ ​be​ ​looking​ ​for​ ​trouble,
as​ ​if​ ​trying​ ​to​ ​bother​ ​the​ ​male.​ ​This​ ​worried​ ​him​ ​as​ ​he​ ​had​ ​to​ ​remember​ ​that​ ​she​ ​might​ ​live​ ​here
as​ ​well.​ ​If​ ​nobody​ ​could​ ​get​ ​along​ ​then​ ​this​ ​town​ ​had​ ​no​ ​hope​ ​of​ ​even​ ​being​ ​made.​ ​They​ ​could
just​ ​argue​ ​at​ ​the​ ​start,​ ​ruining​ ​it​ ​all.​ ​However,​ ​he​ ​had​ ​no​ ​say​ ​in​ ​their​ ​conversation,​ ​so​ ​he​ ​held​ ​his
tongue.​ ​Instead​ ​he​ ​ignored​ ​them,​ ​hoping​ ​that​ ​they​ ​would​ ​soon​ ​solve​ ​any​ ​issues​ ​that​ ​bothered
both​ ​of​ ​them.

He​ ​kept​ ​his​ ​gaze​ ​on​ ​Hayato​ ​now,​ ​trying​ ​to​ ​ignore​ ​the​ ​others​ ​nearby.”I​ ​doubt​ ​they​ ​know​ ​each​ ​other.
Seems​ ​like​ ​everyone​ ​here​ ​are​ ​strangers,​ ​though​ ​that​ ​will​ ​change​ ​with​ ​time.​ ​After​ ​all,​ ​we​ ​can’t
always​ ​argue​ ​if​ ​were​ ​going​ ​to​ ​live​ ​here.”he​ ​remembered​ ​that​ ​there​ ​was​ ​much​ ​work​ ​to​ ​be​ ​done​ ​if
this​ ​place​ ​was​ ​to​ ​ever​ ​get​ ​up​ ​and​ ​running.”Well​ ​Hayato,​ ​what​ ​brings​ ​you​ ​here?”he​ ​asked,
wondering​ ​what​ ​had​ ​drawn​ ​the​ ​other​ ​shape​ ​shifter​ ​to​ ​this​ ​place.

Ace Meadows|Female|18|Snow Leopard|Tags: Efe

Ace​ ​was​ ​still​ ​uncertain​ ​of​ ​this​ ​place.​ ​She​ ​had​ ​her​ ​doubts,​ ​thinking​ ​that​ ​trouble​ ​may​ ​come​ ​of​ ​being
here,​ ​but​ ​then​ ​again​ ​she​ ​hadn’t​ ​been​ ​here​ ​for​ ​long.​ ​She​ ​had​ ​heard​ ​of​ ​this​ ​place​ ​and​ ​it​ ​had
sounded​ ​promising,​ ​but​ ​now​ ​that​ ​she​ ​was​ ​here,​ ​her​ ​mind​ ​seemed​ ​to​ ​wander​ ​to​ ​the​ ​worst
possibilities.​ ​The​ ​thought​ ​had​ ​occurred​ ​before,​ ​but​ ​she​ ​knew​ ​that​ ​many​ ​people​ ​were​ ​aware​ ​of
this​ ​place,​ ​even​ ​humans.​ ​That​ ​could​ ​lead​ ​to​ ​them​ ​coming​ ​here​ ​and​ ​attacking,​ ​in​ ​hopes​ ​of​ ​killing
all​ ​the​ ​shape​ ​shifters​ ​that​ ​had​ ​traveled​ ​here.​ ​She​ ​pushed​ ​the​ ​thought​ ​away,​ ​deciding​ ​to​ ​give​ ​the
place​ ​a​ ​chance.

Now​ ​she​ ​was​ ​thinking​ ​of​ ​how​ ​to​ ​answer​ ​Efe’s​ ​question.​ ​She​ ​thought​ ​the​ ​answer​ ​was​ ​obvious,
but​ ​the​ ​other​ ​female​ ​may​ ​be​ ​making​ ​an​ ​attempt​ ​to​ ​be​ ​friendly.​ ​“Yeah.​ ​I​ ​assume​ ​that​ ​everyone
here​ ​is​ ​one​ ​as​ ​well.​ ​Not​ ​many​ ​humans​ ​would​ ​come​ ​here​ ​unless​ ​they’re​ ​looking​ ​for​ ​a​ ​fight.”
Esther~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crono » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Scott Anderson/28/Moose
Tags: Open

Scott paced curiously down what he assumed was the main street of the empty town. The man had left his truck with his belongings parked further back, he hadn't brought much after leaving his apartment in North Carolina. Honestly he wasn't sure what to expect here, at first glance the whispers looked rather false. Sure there were a few others milling about the dreary location that he'd spotted but otherwise the place didn't look like much.

Is this is really meant to be a Sanctuary? The blonde let out a slight huff as he continued walking. Sure, he'd wanted a change but this? This was a ton of work, especially if not many of their kind actually show. Pausing in front of one of the two story buildings he decided to take a look inside, once up the few steps it was clear the door would need fixing as it was hanging off its hinges. Scott slipped past the awkward door and into the dark and dusty room, sunlight spilling through the windows from outside. It looked to have once been some sort of diner, possibly a bar. The fact that it had a second story making him believe the upstairs was more of a living area or loft and Scott had little interest in bumbling his way up there. Instead he decided to mill over to a few of the booths, swiping a hand across one of the tables and scattering the dust particles into the air. Could be worse, the place could have been some sort of ruse I suppose.
Crono

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bigwig. » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:02 pm

Joseph Elliot Honeycutt - male - 48 - african lion - tags; daniella

"Ah, of course." Joseph agreed, looking out over the dilapidated settlement. "Believe it or not, I've seen places lookin' worse than this that still had people livin' in 'em." He drawled, his rich voice cutting starkly through the cool air. "It's more about the people than the place, I've found." Joseph continued, his dull green eyes shining with anticipation of the future. He was slightly amused by the way Daniella spoke to her sibling - he wasn't even sure if anything she was saying was a real term, or if she was just making things up for the purpose of confusing those unfamiliar with their manners of speech. He'd actually been asked that exact question on his previous sojourns up north.

"Yep, I reckon we'll make somethin' outta this place yet." Joseph declared, taking a few sauntering steps forward. He'd seen the place overall, but hadn't made as thorough of an inspection as he would've liked to.

Ana Foster - female - 12 - flying fox - tags; lirona

Ana felt a little better when the wolf strode off - wolves were so much bigger in real life than she'd imagined them in her head. It made her tiny little bat form (though it was actually very large for a bat) seem even smaller. "Yeah, I figured this would be...better than the way things were for me before." She conceded, a little awkwardly. She was nervous to be talking to someone noticeably older than her, miles away from her last foster home, out in a place she wasn't even sure would be real. At hearing Rona's question, she shook her head a little "No, I have no idea who sent the word out." She murmured. "I wasn't even sure there'd really be anything here at all." Ana admitted shyly.

She was glad, at least, that these people didn't seem too hostile. Of course, she knew well enough not to trust them too much right off the bat (haha, very funny Ana). "I'm glad to see someone else here, though." She continued, trying her best to make conversation. "I was worried that there would be nobody here." She chuckled slightly, still a bit of a nervous noise, but hopefully less so than it had been previously.

Myles Carter - male - 18 - brown bear - tags; kira

Myles couldn't help but chuckle a little. She was a fiery girl, at least. He couldn't help but admire her spirit. "Reasonable enough." He shrugged at her explanation, tucking his thumbs into his pockets. He was a little glad that there were at least others showing up, rather than it just being him standing there alone for so long. So, this seemed like something real - something that could actually happen. He wasn't sure if a group of people from so many different backgrounds and places could ever really work together as well as a name like 'Sanctuary' would imply. "I'm Myles." He greeted, drawing himself back into reality. "With a 'y'." He clarified. Not many people of his name had his that particular spelling. Of course, he'd chosen that for himself. Maybe because the y was just a little twist - not enough to be obnoxious, but enough for it to be out of the ordinary.

"It's good to finally see someone else around here." He commented idly. He'd been tired of waiting around for something to happen, and even if she'd confronted him rather aggressively, she was at the very least a rather entertaining individual. Her initial confrontational nature seemed to have worn off somewhat, for whatever reason.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Dexter (Dex) Allens Male 24 Nile Crocodile Tagged:

From the west came the rough grumbling of an exhausted engine, like the trumpets before a kings arrival, only less awe inspiring and more groan inducing. There was never a chance for subtlety with his only means of transportation being an old well passed around car that looked like it belonged in a scrap yard. "Come on Lola, once we get there, you can take it easy as long as you'd like." He patted the dashboard fondly as if the machine were an old friend. Adding a quiet "Hopefully", he pushed away the doubts that had been bubbling up the closer her got. What if it were a trap? Or worse yet, a joke? Was a joke worse than a trap? He wasn't entirely sure, but he knew that either way, if this wasn't genuine it would be a lot of grief trying to start up a new life. Especially after leaving his behind with so many absolute goodbyes. He'd put in his 30 days with his landlord, he had turned down the job offer with NYPD fresh out of academy, even going so far as to mail farewell letters to the few friends he managed to keep; if this didn't work he had royally screwed himself.

As the dilapidated buildings came into view he turned down the stereo and slowed down to a stop. With the engine still running, and his favorite country mix CD whispering from the speakers, he sat there in a mixed state of confusion and wonder. "Looks like it isn't just my heart that's a ghost town..." The corners of his mouth tugged up in an amused grin at his own joke. Putting his foot gently against the gas pedal he brought the vehicle crawling closer until he was actually within the town's streets. "Anywhere should do for now right?" He asked the vehicle which gave a sputtering reply causing him to hastily pull up to the curb of the first building he came across and cut the engine. "I promise I'll clean you up and figure out what that was later." Getting out he pocketed his keys and took a good look around from beside his car debating which way he should go to check things out.

Niriviana (Riv) Morouse Female 19 Spotted Hyena Tagged:

Having never had an actual job, and thus no stable means of income, she lacked any reliable transportation other than her own feet. Which made traveling more than just a bit of a hassle time wise, especially when it was anywhere out of her home city let alone out of her home state. Though she was thankful her shifted form was that of a creature known for having great endurance and traveling by foot was something she actually found enjoyable. Of course she had to advance primarily by night when her chances of discovery were minimal, she would cover as much ground as she could in the cloak of darkness before finding a city to spend the day in.
Park benches were frequently viewed as a suitable place to nap for a few hours, getting just enough rest to refresh herself for a venture through whatever town or city she was in to see if she could lift a wallet or two. When the weather was unfavorable she would tap into the money accumulated to spring for a hotel and wait out for a couple days before resuming the journey. From time to time if she had a particularly successful looting haul, she would get the cheapest train or bus ticket that would get her as far as it went. Overall though, she found the trip to be an adventure, the freedom of going wherever whenever was liberating. She enjoyed it so much that she decided if this 'Sanctuary' was a bust, she would continue on and see what else the rest of the country had to offer. Maybe even head up into Canada or back down south past the border.

That would be something to think about at a later date and time though as she padded into the run down town assuming it must have been the coordinates she'd been headed towards. She could have checked her phone to be sure, but she decided to stay in her shifted form should she need to bolt. Rounded ears pricked forward catching multiple conversations across the town causing her to flick them repeatedly in annoyance, the downfall to having the acute auditory perception of a hyena. She couldn't decide which conversation to head towards at first, and chose to instead creep between buildings simply listening. Peeking around corners before taking them, she kept to the buildings shadows as much as she could hoping her spotted pelt would blend in with the deteriorating exteriors until she came across a partially opened door of what she was assumed was once a store of some sort. Shouldering her way inside she sat down and watched out the opening wanting to rest her feet a moment and collect herself before making a solid decision of which small group to approach first.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby `sappho » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:56 pm

() efe nagi

(female)(nineteen)(clouded leopard)(pansexual)(wearing)(tags; ace)
        efe walked across the rainforest floor, taking a deep breath of the night air. she wouldn't be in these rainforest for much longer because her family was going to move to the states. she looked out and saw the eyes of a cat. her eyes quickly turned yellow and she was transformed into her clouded leopard form. "ruhiu!" she said rushing towards a large black panther. "hello, efe," the shifter purred. efe hadn't been allowed to see ruhiu since his family was poor, her parents didn't allow it. "i heard you're leaving soon," ruhiu said, his amber eyes looking sad. "yes, my family decided it's better for us to go to the states," she said.

efe nodded. she didn't think it would go over well with anyone here if humans random started to show up. she wouldn't be happy herself, this place was spose to be a sanctuary for shape-shifters, not humans. "maybe we should see if anyone is here," she said to the girl

() hayato yamamoto

(male)(nineteen)(red fox)(pansexual)(wearing)(tags; myles, xavier, kira)
        hayato crossed his arms, protesting the words of his father. "i will not marry her father, i don't even know her," he said to his father. his father grabbed his arm. "hayato, it's not the time to whine. me and your mother were arranged to be married as well and it went well so we are doing to same for you. we are just looking out for you," his father said. "fine i'll meet her but i can promise i'll like her," he growled. he followed his father into to the woods and transformed as his father did. "there she is," his father said as they neared a deer. hayato quickly bowed to the deer, she was royalty here. "hello, princess," he said.

he nodded. "yeah, we will all make friends in time," he said to xavier. he shrugged. "i guess i just wanted a new life, it isn't exactly the best were i come from," he said to her.
`sappho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby IdiotRoyalty » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Leo Winchester
Transmale
Red Panda
Pansexual
No significant other
Tags; Danny
Leo already adored the stranger; he seemed as awkward as him. Leo's eyes widened as he examined Danny's face, realizing he looked a lot like one kid who visited the zoo a lot. This boy and his big family visited the zoo two or so times a month and the boy would always eagerly run to the Red Panda exhibit. Leo watched this young boy grow up; he saw him come with his family when he was 2 and he saw him come with his friends when he was 16 which was just a few days before Leo left the zoo to come here. Leo enjoyed the boy's visits the most; they were special. Leo shook his head to get back to reality before flashing Danny a big smile. "I like your name, Danny!" Leo tilted his head to the side, eyes closed and a big grin plastered on his face. He opened his eyes and saw Danny's outreached hand. Leo grabbed it quickly in excitement before shaking it firmly, giving a little laugh afterwards. Leo had grown used to lots of physical contact when he was at the zoo, so he was nervous to come to this place because he was afraid he wouldn't get as much contact as he wanted. Danny didn't seem to mind all the contact and that made Leo happy. Before Leo could stop himself, he turned into a Red Panda and quickly climbed on top of Danny's head, then he leaned over Danny's head so they could make eye contact. Leo would often do this with the zoo workers or visitors who payed extra to play with the Red Pandas. Leo gazed into Danny's eyes, waiting for a reaction.
Last edited by IdiotRoyalty on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IdiotRoyalty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoupPupped » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Danny Heyman wrote:Male
African Gray Parrot
Tags;; Leo
Danny breathed a sigh of relief as Leo shook his hand. The contact was enough to provide him at least temporary comfort, and the other male didn't seem too bothered by the contact either. He knew he would be spending quite a lot of time with Leo, most likely trying to gain unnoticeable contact and attention. When the other shifted into his red panda form and crawled onto Danny's head, he couldn't help but laugh a little. The creature was adorable, and he reminded him of one he used to visit at the zoo. It was his favorite exhibit, watching the red pandas either lounge about or play with each other. Every birthday, his caretakers would pay the extra to play with the animals. He wasn't sure if it was true or not, but was it this shifter that he visited at the zoo every year? He tilted his head slightly out of habit from his curiosity, but not enough to toss Leo off of his head. He wanted to ask the question, but he wasn't sure if it would be considered rude or not. He was new to shapeshifter etiquette, so he had virtually no idea of what to say. "H-, Uhm, have you ever been to a zoo?" The question was, of course, awkward, but he decided it was polite enough.

Female
Western Diamondback Rattlesnake
Tags;; Jay
Zoe had been watching the group with narrowed eyes, biting her lip with waning patience. She wanted to observe, but she needed to do something. As soon as she was about to go confront the group, a male about her age bumped into her. She snapped her head towards him, narrowing her eyes and gritting her teeth. Although she was new, she generally forgot about first impressions when even slightly provoked, and although he seemed polite enough, Zoe wasn't having it. "I'm fine, but why don't you try watching where you're going," She snapped, though the usual venom in her tone was missing. The male was pretty respectful, and he seemed to have good intentions, and Zoe had trouble being mean to kind strangers as much as she liked being rude and defensive.
SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me