━━ brittle bones. ━━━━

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

━━ brittle bones. ━━━━

Postby morris. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:25 pm

morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━ information. ━━━━

Postby morris. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:25 pm

morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━ rules. ━━━━

Postby morris. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:05 pm

morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━ characters. ━━━━

Postby morris. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 pm

-
┌───────────┐

-luca | 27 | male | morris
caroline | 25 | female | aurie
ava | 25 | female | thorne
abelie | 24 | female | ingénue
augustus | 24 | male | reas
pascal | 27 | male | willow
sang hee | 23 | female | genesis

xxxxxxxxx-- ezra | 26 | male | wiz xxxxxxxxx--

└───────────┘
┌───────────┐

hunters do not gain acceptance into t
he guild until they 'come of age'--whi
ch is sixteen. large ceremonies are h
eld for this event--especially if the hu
nter comes from a hunting family. thi
s ceremony can be held later in a hun
ters life, and is usually the case since
not a lot of hunters are born into it.

└───────────┘
┌───────────┐

there are guilds all over the world. t
he most notable are stationed in the
united states, and of course--japan.
every guild hunts region-specific mon
sters. the guilde de chasseurs hunts t
the (arguably) most interesting of be
asts, which is why many hunters trav

------------- el the world to take part. ------------

└───────────┘
┌───────────┐

name | age | male | toasty
name | age | female | toasty
name | age | female | laure
name | age | gender | snitching
name | age | gender | username

-x- name | age | gender | username x-

└───────────┘
┌───────────┐

zara | 32 | female | morris
chase | 23 | male | cherie
alistair | 25 | male | gap
name | age | gender | limp
louis | 25 | male | thorne
adelise | 23 | female | intellect
cassius | 27 | male | winona

x--------- aden | 29 | female | aden x---------

└───────────┘
┌───────────┐

the guild used to have a very impress
ive headquarters--but after the purge
of 2014, the hunters abandoned it. it
is still around, but clearly rotting aw
ay. it's very difficult these days to m
aintain their traditions when they ar
e unable to return to the base that c
atered to all of them.

└───────────┘
Last edited by morris. on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:43 am, edited 24 times in total.
morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━ save. ━━━━

Postby morris. » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:14 pm

just in case!
morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━ status. ━━━━

Postby morris. » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:22 am

OPENCLOSED
the discussion
morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━ i. une réunion dans l'obscurité, luca: one. ━━━━

Postby morris. » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:45 pm

LUCA FAURE
      xxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
      xxxxxxxxxxxchapter one. xxlocation the subway tunnels.xx tags sang hee.
      xxxxxxx━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
          timestamp friday, january 13th, 2017. 02:04 am. paris, france.

it was hard to say what exactly luca did by day. anyone who was making it a point to watch him only ever saw him at night--and even then, it was a difficult feat. for the youngest faure adorned himself from head to toe in the deepest of blacks--a safety hazard of sorts for a man who only ever seemed to walk among the shadows. one would think that in his current situation, luca would feel at home.

but that was hardly the case.

the tunnels consumed luca in a sea of darkness that made only one exception for the stream of light his flashlight produced ahead of him in a line corrupted by dots of dust that floated carelessly to the floor. luca was bundled up tight in three layers of clothes (to fight the biting cold of winter that definitely felt amplified the deeper he navigated into the darkness) with a hood pulled over his head to keep the draft away from his ears and neck--but he still felt unnervingly cold. it was odd that after considering all of this, luca was not tense. he maintained a steady heartbeat, and moved the light back and forth with a relaxed wrist. if anything, this was a burden to him. he was annoyed with the fact that he had to spend time in these winding, dank tunnels without any 'useful' assistance. all he had was his eldest sister, or her voice rather, chiming in every so often for an update. but he knew that was all for her sake, not his. if anything, the shrill sound of the walkie-talkie tuning in during these random check-ins made his job a bit more difficult. however, luca continued to answer with an unperturbed tone each and every time.

"any luck?" zara's voice rolled in after a symphony of static that struggled to maintain a signal as luca ventured deeper into the system. but her voice was still translating. he still understood what she was saying.

luca reached down to his belt (where the device was dangling freely) to press down on the button to give his sister a response. "no dice." he pulled his thumb away from the textured button quick.

almost immediately after the move, static sounded once more, the all-too common sound that caused luca to understandably anticipate dialogue from zara's end. and that's exactly what he got. "just keep moving. take your time. there is no rush." and then her voice faded with the same pitches and crackling that inititally brought it on.

luca repeated the same hand movement in order to give a response that he was sure his sister was waiting for on edge. "that's the plan." and he pulled away again to ensure that zara would have plenty of time to pitch in a quick response if she had one. and when more than a few seconds went by without the crackling and humming he was used to, he thought nothing of it. and he especially didn't have a second thought when the device picked up it's common sounds once more after a few minutes had passed.

the hunter didn't bother offering a reaction until the noises began to fluctuate in an unusual manner until finally the walkie talkie made a long, high-pitched humming sound and cut out in a way that sounded like a light going out. right when he began linking the sounded to that, his flashlight began to flicker in an ironic manner until it too faded--but its death was far less dramatic. but it was more than enough to leave luca's heart thumping and his stomach turning while he ditched the dead light, and searched for an item he always had on person--a lighter.

luca was left scrambling and feeling for the familiar cool metal rectangle he had held in his palm dozens of times before. he was used to making the movements necessary to get the object out as quickly as possible, but he was under an immense amount of stress when the sound of footsteps began to sound behind him. he felt as if he had practically ran out of time when he finally got a hold of what he was looking for, but it didn't stop him from making a full one-eighty, flipping the cap of the lighter up with the flick of his thumb, and pulling his katana out infront of him to maintain a battle stance all at the same time.

the flame lit up the area, and luca expected to see the typically grey, shriveled up face of a comme. but instead, the dancing flame outlined the features of a face that was very human, and very familiar.

luca pulled himself together, and stood up straight. with the press of a button, the katana retreated back into its handle, and luca let out a relieved sigh. "jesus christ." he remarked. "what are you doing here?" a probing, almost angry sounding question left his lips before he had the time to say hello, or even feel at least a little reassured that he was no longer the only hunter (that he knew of) in these tunnels. but after feeling like his heart was about to exit his chest, his reaction was fair.
morris.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ━━ brittle bones. ━━━━

Postby Loire. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:30 am

✧ -SANG HEE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
feeling; uneasy tagged;Luca

An uneasy feeling tugged at the young hunters stomach as she walked down a case of dimly lit stairs. The wind cried, pulling her right and left, and the darkness devoured her body as she ventured further down the stair well. Luckily a small flash light protruded from a belt latched around her waste. She grabbed it swiftly, quickly pressing the button which lit up the subway. Sang Hee turned to her left and right, searching in all directions incase something was hiding in the shadows.

She learned first hand that in the hunting business if thats what you call it, hunters must be precise, check every detail. Even a small mistake could cost you your life, and possibly others as well. She took her precious time staking out the entire scene carefully, not missing a single inch. Her parents had always pressured the young hunter to be prefect. In their eyes, she could have no flaws whatsoever. Sang Hee was always the first to point a finger, and never took the blame. She usually claimed that her parents were responsible for her lack of socialization skills, or any for that matter.

Finally she had scoped out the area, there were no signs of a monster, so she moved on. Sauntering about cautiously and holding out a large blade in battle stance, so she would be ready to fend off any approaching monsters. As Sang Hee walked threw the tunnels, a memory was brought to her mind. When she was little, her mother took her to the subway systems, and they rode along for hours. Her parents wanted to familiarize her with France, since she would need to know the area well. Because of this, she knew the tunnels like the back of her hand. Her parents were intelligent, she could give them that, but that didn't justify their actions in Sang Hee's eyes.

Sang Hee detected an unstable static in a tunnel to her right. Her head flicked over, shoulders tense, and ready to attack anything that moved. The annoying flash light flickered on and off, creating a pattern of nauseating images on the wall. None of which were real, but because of her shadow, appeared to be monsters. She knew they were fake, but that didn't prevent her hand from shaking slightly. Even though she was usually brave, on occasion Sunny's nerves got the best of her.

She smacked her flash light a couple dozen times as it flickered. She lazily forgot any other source of light, so without the flash light, she would be completely consumed by the tunnel's darkness. That was unless she came across another hunter scoping out the subway. Which she doubted would happen considering most probably moved on by now. After the guilds downfall, they all went their separate ways. She lost hope she would ever see any of her friends again.

But soon she approached the noise, breathing softly to avoid detection. "inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale" she repeated in her mind, attempting to ease the uneasy feeling in her stomach. She shut off her flash light as it would let the monster pin point her location. Even though she couldn't see, she knew if the monster attacked she would be able to fight it. Her parents trained her fight in the dark, a skill which proved useful many times.

Just as she reached the sound of heavy breathing a flame lit up and her face was revealed. She scurried for her blade, lunging out, but she stopped herself once Sang Hee realized the "monster" was really human. A human she had not seen in what seemed like an eternity.
      Her mouth dropped open, in pure shock she reached for her flash light and put the blade back in her belt. Finally as she began to compose herself, the fellow hunter spoke.

"Well its nice to see you again to" she spoke sarcastically, still surprised to see him. "I could ask you the same thing." She rolled her eyes playfully, realized it was just a hunter. "I have to admit, i'm surprised to see you here, Luca was it?" she said pretending not remember his name. Of course, being the hot headed, self confident person she was, Sang Hee just had to throw in a little snarky comment. "You should be relieved I realized it was you, or else you would be missing a hand right about now" she said with a smirk grabbing the lighter and pushing it aside as the flames scorched her face.

Loire.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( caroline - one )

Postby aurie » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:23 pm

CAROLINE LE GOFF !
    ──────────────────────────────────────── ────────────────── ──────────────
    health ( 100% ) tagged ( augustus ) location ( the subway )

her decision to enter the tunnels of the winding subways of paris was one much debated. as much as she craved the sensation of her blade striking down a monster or two, the effects of one, two, or seven drinks (things got muddled after four) from the night prior were still relentlessly pounding away at her head. her hangovers never last past the afternoon, but today seemed to be a conventionally timed exception. even, the hunter would never let a bit of a headache and wavering nausea keep from a hunt. in fact, she believed it served as a far better cure than painkillers.

that being said, she was not on her A game as she roamed the dreary and deserted tracks. she gripped her katana tightly in her right hand and her flashlight in the other, not wanting to waste precious seconds unsheathing if something malicious decided to jump her from behind. she twirled the light between her fingers, her gaze languidly following the illumination.

she had only been in the tunnel for about a half hour, yet she began to grow impatient. besides the occasional creaking behind the walls and scutter of a rat, there were no commes in sight. these sudden noises have caused her to stiffen-- but not out of fear. out of anticipation. carol has never looked down upon those her harbor fear, and has never viewed it as a weakness. she finds such a powerful emotion important, however, that doesn't mean she experiences it herself. in her case, fear would have killed her long ago.

as she neared another platform, caroline caught wind of voices wafting from behind the pillars. moving swiftly, she pressed her body against a wall to avoid detection, switching her light off and sliding it into her belt. the murmurings grew louder, whoever remained down in the tunnels had moved to the edge of the tracks. if she was spotted, the hunter would not hesitate to act in order to ensure her own confidentiality and safety. she didn't need her face plastered on a wanted bulletin when she had only just taken up her sword again.

after a moment of utter silence besides her slow and steady breathing, she heard static of a walkie talkie and then a gruff all clear. she deducted the source of the noise must be a night guard, or an officer. both bad for her overall mission, but viable bait if a comme roamed in the tunnels nearby.

she waited, unmoving, as the footsteps grew fainter as the officer walked away. once caroline deemed him gone, she swiftly snuck back between the tracks to continue her trek. her movements were quick, yet calculated, focusing intently for the sounds of the guard returning or a com that had been drawn in by the noise.

as she moved past the platform, carol stayed on her guard. she unfastened her flashlight before venturing much further, hitting the beam on her hand a few times until it reluctantly flickered back to life. she would be immensely disappointed if that was the best thing she was to come by tonight. this hunt, as of now, proved boring enough to where she would have no qualms about returning and scaring the living daylights out of the officer. due to his brief conversation, caroline could only assume he wasn't the only one down here. she kept the idea of terrorizing grown men in the back of her head for now.

it wasn't long until caroline heard movement again. simultaneously, her flashlight began to sputter, giving out before dimly flickering back on, only to repeat the sequence. letting out a frustrated huff, she squinted in the dark, hoping to catch a glimpse of the sound. her fingers instinctively tightened around her katana as she spotted the outline of a figure. it was too dark to make out a face, only their build, which could mean anything. she could tell they were no com, but the hunter didn't trust anyone walking around subway tunnels at two am. the safest option would be to assume they were an enemy. she moved carefully, formulating a plan of action as she went.

once she was close enough, caroline didn't hesitate. she needed the element of surprise on her side, especially when she wasn't in prime condition. twirling her blade in her hand, she rammed the butt of hilt into the back of the intruder's neck, hoping for a one hit job. they toppled to the ground, and carol seized her chance, keeping whomever crossed her path pinned down by pressing her foot to their back with as much force as she could muster, keeping their face pressed to the ground.

"you have about three seconds to try and convince me not to kill you," she spoke monotonously, her tone sounding almost bored.
aurie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

━━ cas: one. ━━━━

Postby romeo. » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:01 am

xx
        xxx` CAS MONNETx
        LOCATION the tunnels TAGGED none STATUS healthy

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━( DEATH DOESN'T DISCRIMINATE )━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

e was rusty. Three years is a long time to be off the field. Four. He corrected himself. Four years. It was obvious in his heavy footfalls and the looming sense of I'm not supposed to be here. And yet, it felt right. Little things were coming back to him━muffle your breathing through your nose, keep your light off as often as you can, feel for the waves of electricity, keep your back to the wall. It was like riding a bike. When he took up work at Aux Folies, he was grateful to keep his usual late hours. But 2am in Folies was uproarous with the clank of glasses, the hoops and hollers of sport's fans, the swill of voices, and the constant 80's rock coming from an actual jukebox. It wasn't there for the vintage touch, the owner was just that cheap. There were plenty of nice bars in Paris━classy parisian places with red velvet cushions and granite counters, the backdrop for something out of Vogue. But Aux Folies, believe it or not, was a dump. And like flies, it attracted a certain kind of people. The fact that Cas was now the shephard to these wayward sheep, guiding them along with a spout of beer and a mouth sworn to secrecy, was less than ideal.

2am in the tunnels, however, was still as death. The only sounds were the occasional drip of water and the echo of Cas' own feet. He was creeping along the damp wall, katana in hand. The leather wrapped around the hilt was soft in his palm, pliable and familiar. As he moved he tightened his grip, occasionally flicking his flashlight on to get some sense of where he was going. Some hunters liked to keep their light on at all times, for convenience's sake, but Cas found it even more difficult to adjust to the dark in a pinch if a comme shut it off suddenly. Better to keep his eyes ready than be caught off guard. Aside from the katana in his hand, he had a single pistol tucked into the waistband of his pants, against his hip. It wouldn't kill a monster, but it could buy him time.

He moved quickly, covering as much ground as he could. In all fairness, he wasn't even really sure what he was looking for. He'd been watching the area for a while now, as more and more monsters seemed to be popping up, but he couldn't get a read on the specifics of the situation. How many? What kind? Where were they coming from? The tunnels were ideal refuge for them. Common hunter lore said the monsters of Paris were tormented souls from the catacombs. Cas was never sure if this was a comfort or a burden to him. It told him that he was right, that there was something human about these creatures. That maybe there was still something inside them, alive and worth protecting. But it also made killing them that much harder━despite his better judgment that they wouldn't afford him, or anyone, the same mercy. Cas swallowed the lump in his throat and gripped his katana tighter to steady his hand. A pain ran up his spine, and he ignored it, brushing his dark curls out of his eyes. This was no time to get nostalgic.

He pressed on, clicking his light on now and then, until he turned a corner. He squinted into the dark, his body crouched low into a defensive stance. It was nearly impossible to make out through the dark, but he thought he saw a faint blue glow━not unlike the glow of his own katana, which was currently retracted. His heart raced, pounding against his ribs, at the thought that maybe he wasn't the only one who'd been keeping an eye on the tunnels. In a moment of impulse he darted forward, chasing it down.

romeo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me