PLEASE LOCK/DELETE

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: San Pecador - Powers Roleplay - Accepting

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:13 am

John Murphy wrote:
|| Chelsea Jekyll Hyde || Alias; Hyde || 21 || Female || Tagged; Open ||

Chelsea was bored. She was strolling on her own through the park, an activity that usually succeeded in stimulating her mind or made her feel better. But apparently today was not one of those days where it would do anything for her. She knew that when she got bored so did Hyde and to a much greater extent. She wasn't too worried about her other half at the moment, they had both been getting along and had had equal control of their shared body. At times like these Hyde usually wasn't as reckless as she was during the times when Jekyll decided to repress her.

She had decided to try and go for this walk to see if something this simple might manage to engage her but she knew that it was fruitless. In fact she had dressed herself for that particular eventuality. She wore her clack combat trousers, combat boots and her black leather jacket. On her back she had her extendable staff strapped down under her jacket for easy access if she got in trouble. Her face mask, which covered her nose and mouth, was stashed in her pocket alongside her black fingerless leather gloves. With a dress sense like hers one might think her to be a criminal or thief, and in the eyes of the law she certainly might be considered one, but nowadays she took joy in fighting those who actually meant to do harm to the world.

She enjoyed fighting, it didn't matter who it was against so if she could channel it against the bad guys then it was all the better for her. There were times where she couldn't and she would end up starting bar fights or where she would fight with petty street thieves but then there were certain days. Days where she would get to fight against the super-powered underbelly of the city. The Syndicate. She might not have many morals but she personally found the Syndicate to be a bit of a joke. She had considered joining them from time to time but every time she thought that they proved that it wasn't worth it.

She and Hyde were fine on their own.

(Is anyone open for Chelsea?)
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crash the mode » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:47 pm

Wade Malone
tagged: marigold

Wade couldn't recall ever being rendered speechless so often by one person's sheer absurdity before. His arms gestured widely in the air for several seconds after Avatar turned her back to them. While her back retreated from view he sputtered, first several beginnings to several sentences which never reached maturity and then, finally, "She just left! She just left." It was what he wanted, and he couldn't say he wasn't relieved, but he expected someone so stubborn to at least, he didn't know, ask if he was sure, or something. Maybe look back over her shoulder a little. God, when he got home he needed a long nap.

Glade spoke and Wade turned his body towards her, moving his hands back up into a defensive position. She didn't have any weapons drawn, then, her whole body was a weapon. She seemed to really be over fighting him, her tone conversational once again as it had been before he jumped into action. There was no end in sight to the unbelievable things he would hear today. Just like that, she was back to asking him questions instead of trying to skewer him?

Should he have just left the two women to their game?

Logic said no, but now that Glade was being amicable again after a heated fight argued yes.

Wade pulled his hand back sharply from her grip, grasping it in his opposite and close to his chest. "Well, not with my hands!" She'd touched him, but he couldn't say anything felt broken. She must still have been toying with him. He shook his hand out and crossed both arms over his chest. "You don't really think that after all that I'm going to answer any personal questions, do you?"

OoC:
x
x

xxxxxxxxx.xxcasper | he/him | adult | big gay
xxxxxx.xcomic artist/illustrator | original character haver
x.x..x.xxxtransformers | warriors | cape comics | horror
xxxx.xi listen to the mountain goats and i don't have a brain

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

crash the mode

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aura- » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 pm

marigold winter - glade - twenty three - bone manip - tagged: wade

Glade huffed softly when he had pulled his hand away. she had expected him to avoid her touch all together like he had before. but with the moment she had of actual contact had given her a little hope that he may actually let her. but his sharp pull away has just thrown that all away. kind of upsetting her, but what was new? she moved her hands away from his and used her right hand to fiddle with his butt of her sword while her left hand rested on her side.

"then how?" she questioned, tilting her head softly to the side. his second comment then caused her to sigh, crossing her arms over her chest as well. "I didn't break your hand did I? so you can trust me...well for now I guess" she told him with a small chuckle at the end. "I just want to know how your powers work, and I don't even know your name so what's the big deal?" she questioned, uncrossing her arms. she was sure she could easily get tabs on him at the syndicate headquarters and add to the information they had about them, but from her experience he didn't even seem like that big of a threat.

[ @John Murphy no i'm sorry :/ ]
aura-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:16 pm

Nicholas Storm
The dark haired investigator held back an involuntary sigh of relief as the silver doors split, spilling out both them men and the air stagnant with awkwardness. The white marble of the lobby echoed their footsteps as they made their exit onto the tile, the white now painted red and blue with the colors of the police cruisers just outside. The young man, who had introduced himself as Castor, gave Nicholas an almost too kind smile.

"Well, Mr. Storm... I hope for the best of luck to you and your team. You're probably the only officer here in San Pecador worthy of your title."

Nicholas beamed in response to this, returning the other's smile in kind. "I wouldn't quite go that far, but thank you." Nicholas dipped his head courteously. "I may not actually be an officer, but you can be damn sure I'll do my job, and do it right." He waved to Castor as they parted ways, the coroner heading towards the front exit. In his sudden wave of pride and then their departure, Nick all but missed Castor's brief feeling of peril, and if the boy had shown any outward signs of his change of reigns, the investigator missed them. The synchronous flashing of red and blue was almost lulling by this time. With the sun hidden behind the metropolitan buildings, the street between had been dropped into a premature twilight. Nicholas' hand just pulled open the glass door when Castor spoke again.

"There's something suspicious about this case right, detective?"

The sudden change in the boy's tone and how it broke the marble silence startled him, making the investigator jump. He turned back towards the rear exit where Castor stood, wearing a near grin that made the hair on the back of Nick's neck stand on end. "Excuse me?" He answered, the words sounding more like a squawk when paired with his accent (which he loathed). "Well... he did land unusually far from the window, no?" Before Nicholas could even begin to gather his bearings and form a remotely complete answer, Castor had gone. Nicholas missed his exit, and the only glimpse he caught of the fleeting figure was the door sinking closed in his wake. Nicholas took more than a few moments to get his thoughts together. This is why I don't drink coffee. Never again. He decided, blaming the caffeinated beverage he drank earlier for the incident before him.

After dusting the rear exit for prints (his suspicions of Castor had returned), Nicholas finally made his exit from the building, which paired right along with the exit of the final body. Together, he and the cold remains clamored into the back of the van, the investigator settling himself for the trip. Just outside, two officers steeled their nerves and prepared for an incredibly decisive game of rock-paper-scissors. The game ended just as quickly as it began, the loser joining Nicholas in the back while the victor took his prize: the passenger seat in the front alongside the driver. This age-old charade went on every time a body was found, supposedly because no one wanted to sit next to a rotting body for any amount of time. Then again, who would enjoy that?

The drive was thankfully short, and within minutes of their arrival, this body joined its friend on the ice, with the final victim on its way. Nicholas went straight to work preparing for the first autopsy, doubting he'd get all three finished before the end of the day. The Blackhawk (or whatever they were called, Nicholas didn't particularly care) victim would have to wait until tomorrow, and not even a divine intervention would change that decision. Body? Check. Scissors? Check. Scalpel? Check. Spinny drill thingy I always forget the name of? Sure, check. Nick ran over his list of tools and supplies, making sure every piece of equipment and every scrap of evidence was accounted for in his set up. Pulling a fresh pair of gloves on over his hands, Nicholas turned on heel away from Mob Boss McGuire on the stainless steel table towards the counter at the back of the room, he fiddled briefly with a device plugged into the back wall until an upbeat tune filled the room. Satisfied with the change in atmosphere, he returned his gaze to the body. "Alright," He crossed his arms with a light huff. "Let's get this party started."
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crash the mode » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:31 am

Wade Malone
tagged: marigold

"I wouldn't trust you if I saw you in civvies." He said firmly. Nothing about this made sense-- even his own continued involvement in this conversation didn't make sense after what they'd just been doing and Wade felt like his head might fall off. Still, and stranger, he felt like answering her question. He felt like answering her question and aside from the nagging rational part of his brain which asked him what kind of death wish he had he noticed he was still hovering above his anxiety. Wade shifted his weight from one foot to the other and back again, ran his tongue over his teeth, tapped his fingertips on his forearm. "They come from my body. Like, the mass of me I think. Torso...ish area. I couldn't tell you how or where exactly." As he spoke it occurred to him that, had it really come from his hands, she might have broken them just to keep him from getting in her way. She might still try. He had a feeling, though, that it wasn't so physical as that, and even with whatever she might break he would be able to use his ability. "Are you really just bored?"

OoC:
x
x

xxxxxxxxx.xxcasper | he/him | adult | big gay
xxxxxx.xcomic artist/illustrator | original character haver
x.x..x.xxxtransformers | warriors | cape comics | horror
xxxx.xi listen to the mountain goats and i don't have a brain

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

crash the mode

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aura- » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:22 am

marigold winter - glade - twenty three - bone manip - tagged: wade

Glade just shrugged her shoulders when he said he wouldn't trust her even if she did seem normal. she really didn't expect a different answer. but to her surprise he had answered, rather hesitantly but she had gotten an answer. a smile slipped onto her face at his response and she then moved to grab at the bottom of his shirt and move it upward and went to peer under it once he had told her where he thought it came from. she then moved her hands from his shirt and stood up on her tip toes and went to poke at his head. not really caring if he moved or swatted her hand away, something she would have expected. "what about from your head? your mind?" she questioned, taking a step back away from him as she awaited another answer.

"do you really think I was sent out here to come pester you? if I had something to do i'm sure it would be something bigger than you...no offense" she explained to him, crossing her arms once again. "Avatar earlier said you were a 'part-time vigilante'" she began, uncrossing her arms to do air quotes when she said ''part-time vigilante' then crossed them once again. "you really should work on something to hide your face, or something. she did mistake you for a civilian, and that's why she joined us. and i'm pretty sure you don't many cops on your tail as well as us. and now I know what your face looks like. "
aura-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roseshine12 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:41 am

Details wrote:Name; Sarah Fuller
Alias; The Avatar
Gender; Female
Age; 25 yrs
Role; Vigilante
Powers; Elemental
Combat

Crush; Open
Tags; Open

Avatar made her way back into the city, sighing as she left the other two behind. She had been hoping that she'd get to try out some new techniques against Glade but she supposed that could wait. Maybe taking off the Avatar guise for a while might help her forget about the encounter. It might be nighttime but it seemed the Syndicate wasn't going to really do anything tonight. Still, it was early so she should probably just leave it on for now. Still, a good walk would do her well. A place surrounded by all three of the natural elements. There was earth and air everywhere but water was another and the beach was currently occupied... bleh. Most people would avoid the parks at night because of keeping their heads low so maybe she would go and see if a park happened to be having any criminal activity.

She made her way to a nearby park that was still away from the current crime scene hotspot and sat down on one of the benches. Maybe she could use the silence right now to think of a letter to write to her parents... a letter to them would be due soon anyway. And as she suspected, barely anyone was here minus a few brave souls that just happened to enjoy the park at night. She looked up at the sky in thought as she thought about what her little brother and parents could be doing right now. He would be a teenager right about now. She wondered what exactly he thought about his big sister now. Still, it wasn't something she could help. She wouldn't run away from the Syndicate; too many of her friends have suffered because of them. She would protect those that were in the same boat as her friends. She closed her eyes, going into thought. She'll ask about her little brother in the letter.

{@John Murphy: Avatar is open now. :3}
Roseshine12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nocturnal Creatures » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:57 am

|| Chelsea Jekyll Hyde || Alias; Hyde || 21 || Female || Tagged; Avatar ||

Chelsea continued to move through the park, almost acutely aware of everything that was happening around her. Her senses were on high alert, as they so often were when she was alone. She heard the hoot of an owl in a tree somewhere in the park, not actually that close to her but with her hearing it sounded as clear as day. She saw someone sitting on a bench up ahead of her. A little odd for someone to be sitting alone in a park at night? Then again what did she know? Here she was wandering alone through the park just looking for trouble. Then again she wasn't exactly a normal person herself now was she?

No we most certainly are not. Hyde. Hyde was awake now, or rather, her other half had decided to speak up for the first time in a while. Or at least a while for Hyde. Usually her other voice would be constantly giving her thoughts and opinions but Hyde had been quiet for once. She studied the other figure and quickly realised that the other woman wasn't really dressed in normal clothes either. From what she had seen the clothes that this woman was wearing were those of the vigilante The Avatar. The Avatar pfft. What a dumb name. She thought. At least hers had some meaning behind it and wasn't just from some stupid kids TV show.

Still. She might be able to ask the hero what was going on on this fair night. Maybe get herself a little bit of the action. She continued to approach the woman, walking confidently but making sure that her posture wasn't threatening. She stopped a few feet away from the woman and gave a little cough before she spoke. "What's a pretty hero like you doing in a place like this hmm?" She asked, figuring that a joking flirtation might be a half decent way to start a conversation. Of course her mind worked in strange ways. Hyde was enough proof of that.
Nocturnal Creatures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Roseshine12 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Details wrote:Name; Sarah Fuller
Alias; The Avatar
Gender; Female
Age; 25 yrs
Role; Vigilante
Powers; Elemental
Combat

Crush; Open
Tags; Chelsea (Hyde)

Avatar was thinking about her family and what she'd write when she heard footsteps approaching. She ignored them for but a moment until she realized they were coming towards her. She lifted her head back down and looked to the cough that ensued as she did so, looking at the oddly combat dressed woman in front of her. She didn't recognize her as a Syndicate member... so another vigilante? Or perhaps just a civilian taking extra precautions. Still, it was better than nothing to do she supposed. She arched a brow under her hood at the flirt before just smiling at her behind her mask, not offended really. There was really no need to not be at least a little cordial in this situation. There was no reason for her to outburst like before so for now she'll take it easy and be friendly. "On the lookout for criminals, of course... and perhaps taking a small break. What about yourself?" she asked.

She took a moment to look the woman over out of curiosity. She had to indeed have some kind of defensive measures on her. She could, in fact, be an overcautious civilian (although really, was there even such a thing as being overcautious in this city?) or perhaps another vigilante whom, like her, was taking a short break herself. She couldn't entirely tell but she knew she wasn't a Syndicate member. Unfortunately she didn't bother learning about who and who weren't vigilantes but she was starting to get the feeling that maybe she should so at least she doesn't bump into them or interrupt their fights. Maybe she should take a break from Syndicate hunting to see who exactly was a vigilante in disguise. It would definitely help avoid the earlier situation and help her avoid forming a team on accident.
Roseshine12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Victra - I

Postby vega. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:33 pm

xxxxx[]x V I C T R A
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      xx age: twenty sixxx gender: femalexx allegiance: civilian (undercover)xx tagged: nicholas
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

xxxxxxxxxxxI don't believe in luck, nor coincidence, nor wishing upon a star late at night when sleep is chased away by disaster. I did not wish away the glass shards underneath my feet after the world stopped spinning. I don't believe it was coincidence when my mother strangely foretold her departure, and i'll break the legs of anyone who tells me it was out of fortune I managed be part of one the most elite forces in the country. I take a deep breath, feeling the tailored blazer I wore stretch against my shoulders. The offices were quiet, and stretching my cramped neck I peered out the full glass wall of my personal office at the restless city. Busy busy San Picador, a hive buzzing late into the night.

"what are you up to, little bees?" I whispered under my breath. My hands lift from the keyboard and I lean back into my chair. Like the city, I was busy too. I close my eyes and in one slow beat of my heart I am looking down at myself. There were slightly dark smudges under my eyes. My dark, parted hair was gradually stringing into it's own desired direction. To a passing janitor I was nothing more than I disgruntled executive assistant puckered out from working overtime.
    Believe what they might. In this form, I walked the astral plane, detached from the world yet connected still. I passed through walls, almost swimming down the several floors before making out of the rectangular glass building. A modern trend. I stood amidst the traffic, cars flying through me, my material body safe and sound in an office chair on the twenty second floor of a corporate office building. I straightened my collar and marched two blocks down directly to the place where i'd find some evidence 'in the flesh'. The syndicate didn't leave much evidence behind, but how you kill someone says a lot about your personality. They asked me to decode the syndicate's dynamics and members well here I am doing my job, just in my own way. Waiting for the police to publicize the investigation just didn't fit. I glide through the door of the hospital, the occupied woman at the front desk oblivious to the ghost I was. I spare a little extra focus on reaching out of the astral plane and rattle cup full of pens for kicks.

I didn't just want the things they planned to publicize, no, I wanted confidential. The things you don't let loose to the media to avoid panic and distress. The interesting stuff. After the morgue, i was off the the field office to search the files for information, whatever I could find. It was the best chance I had in over a week, and I could feel myself itching for a lead.
    I passed nurses and doctors, some leaving for the day and others coming in to run the night shifts. I didn't waste time wondering who was resting in the recovery rooms, or why. It was all the same, and too many to get sensitive over. Not now. I drift down a floor. The temperature dropped and I knew I was where I was supposed to be. I was put on edge, however, entering the second area the the basement as I heard music fill the room, cutting short the eery atmosphere that would previously have filled the space. The man who stood over his subject looked like a husband told to cook a fancy dinner with the way he checked his equipment with the rhythm. Wouldn't have guessed his main course was a dissected corpse. The body mentioned was a victim of the most recent murder. I was in the right place, good timing. It seemed I wouldn't miss the autopsy. I stayed light on my feet, moving cautiously, having to remind myself that this man couldn't did not know I was here, studying my surroundings, habit of mine, the lightning white and chilling. It's amazing how real everything seemed without physically being there. I stood opposite of the man now, not caring to really study his features. I was busy deducing what I could form the body as it lie on the thick metal table, listening to the clinking of surgical tools and the air conditioning hum. Lovely place to be in the late evening.
Last edited by vega. on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vega.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me