One Last Adventure (A Next Gen. Hobbit/LotR RP) Open!

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: One Last Adventure (A Next Gen. Hobbit/LotR RP) Open!

Postby Ghostarriver » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:00 am

Faramir Took♤ Male♤ 31♤Hobbit♤Location: Just outside the Shire♤Tags:Thranduil/Aurelia

“And the only brew for the brave and true... comes from the Green Dragon!” One of his father’s favourite songs, even sung in the dwelling of the Rohirrim, the famous tall, golden-haired horse-masters. Of course, Uncle Merry had spent more time with them than his father, who had been with the Men of Gondor. Faramir himself could only dream of such honors, walking down the path from Bree, after spending a few days with a friend of his. He agreed very much with the song, though he himself wasn’t one of the greats. But, with the surname of ‘Took’, something was just waiting to happen. It just needed the chance.
Of course, that’s what Faramir kept trying to tell himself. But the Great War had been fought and won, peace had settled and the greatest adventure was travelling somewhere for more than a week. He’d never get much further than the forest beyond Bree, before he’d have to go back. Mostly, because his mother was quite strict on letting him go. Despite his father’s occasional encouragement, Faramir disliked upsetting his mother and tried his best to comply with her wishes. It did make him feel better, when she was happy with him. After all, a disapproving parent was never very pleasant. At least he had the excuse of being a child when he was younger, but he was almost of age and his mother kept telling him he needed to grow up. At heart, Faramir would always remain a mischief maker. That was just the truth of all Tooks, plain and simple. Adventure was in their blood and that would never change through the generations.
Now whistling another tune, Faramir came to one of his favourite places near the Shire. The river just outside it. It was a beautiful thing, the sparkling water, the rushing sound it made, as it travelled its own path to the sea. Steady and strong, it looked powerful enough to sweep any Hobbit away if they weren’t careful. Faramir couldn’t help, slightly, digging his leathery soles into the ground, watching the endless flow of water. It was still enchanting, regardless of the danger it posed. That’s when he realised he wasn’t alone.
First, he heard a voice, strong, yet dotted with hints of distress. Turning his head in that direction, he spotted the gleam of something and narrowed his eyes. It appeared to be some sort of large bear, though he had never seen a bear quite like this, so majestic and imposing, with fur of sunlight. After gazing at it for a few good minutes, he noticed someone else and rubbed his eyes, feeling like they were fooling him, or the sheen from the creature was creating an image in his mind. He even pinched himself to make sure it wasn’t a dream. He still saw the Elf, brushing the fur of the creature.
He had to admit, the Elf seemed as magnificent as his apparent companion, with long flowing hair. The pointed ears confirmed Faramir’s suspicions and he had to approach, his Tookish curiousity taking over. His father had spoken of many Elves. Those of Rivendell and Lothlorien and of one from Mirkwood. The great archer Legolas, the keen eyed member of the Fellowship who had travelled across Middle-Earth with his father, in order to destroy the One Ring. This one seemed to fit his father’s description, yet there were some irregularities. He was quite sure that Legolas had sailed West by now and this one seemed older, almost as though he was one of the first Elves, or something similar. But, even without all that, an Elf near the Shire was a rare sight indeed. And... the heralding of a possible adventure...
“Hullo!” Faramir greeted cheerily, waving and walking towards them. “Faramir Took, at your service!” He grinned, widely and it was hard to ignore him. “And who might you be? And this spectacular creature of yours? Are you in need of any assistance?” He offered.
𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝒆𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓼 𝓰𝓸𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝒆
╔══════════════════════════════╗
words words words words words words words

╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═══════════════╗
● link ● link ● link ●
Credit

╚═══════════════╝
🅣🅗🅔🅡🅔'🅢
🅘'🅓 🅖🅞 🅣🅞

𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓭
Ghostarriver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:05 am

Rith Rhun Barness

The water is cold. Hes cold. It hurts. The man coughs up a lung full of water when he wakes to the sound of scuffling, ah.. a hobbit by the sound of it. "Youre.. doing. .it wrong. " is said tieredly, holding half frantically to a willow frond to keep from drifting further down river.

At least the cold keeps his heart rate slow so there's probably less chance of bleeding to death. He's too weak to fight the current to get to shore, even if he could find it - his dark hair is plastered to his forehead with water and mud and reed goo.

Another cough as he dispels water from his lungs after his immense exaustion nearly makes him unconcious and his face touches the water.

"Please. " is whispered.

And he hears a soft, melodius voice - the kind that belongs to the reclusive elves. Yes he knows them, though they despise him for being half dwarve, and the dwarves for his elvin lineage - only man has accepted him ... before they discover that he isn't one of them. No matter. The man could hear a large creature huffing.. and what's that? He half turns - loosing his grip and splashing into the water. He groans and reaches out for the bark, only to miss. There's a smaller, higher, brighter voice.. singing about ale from a tavern. Something about dragons. His stomach pinches, when is the last time he ate?

He tries to stand, really, but he can't and instead sits in the icy water, holding onto the tip of the willow with a mildly abraided hand and numerous other wounds which are covered for the most part by the water.

Are you in need of any assistance? He hears the small voice ask, his chin touching his chest, eyes fluttering shut. He does. He does. "Me." Is said at last, "i.. do.."
Last edited by Alpha* on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Kirby. » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:32 pm

[❀Belladonna Brandybuck|Female|Hobbit|27|Form|Location: The Shire (Bywater Pool)|Tags: Bilbo|❀]

Belladonna was very well ready to leave home far before finishing her breakfast. But not before being stopped at the door by her Mother for what felt like an hour. The small Hobbit gave a roll of her eyes as her mother went on and on with her usual spiel."Belladonna, are you listening to me?" Asked the rather impatient Hobbit's mother "Don't wander too far from the Shire. Stay away from the Maggot family's crops. Be more Sociable." The Hobbit mimicked. These were all things she heard on a regular basis, and she was quite frankly just waiting for the perfect opportunity to get out of that house and find something more interesting to do. She hated being cooped up in that little Hobbit hole. "Yes mother I understand. Can I go now?" The Hobbit grumbled as she crossed her arms. "Just be careful." Estella asked before her daughter darted out the door and she gave a sigh. "Be back before Dark!!!" She called after the young hobbit as she watched her disappear into the distance.

Belle took in a deep breath of fresh air and exhaled in relief. "Finally, Freedom." The young Hobbit strolled along down one of the shire's many paths, eyes scanning the surrounding area for any interesting activity. Much to the young lass's dismay, things were painfully normal. Well, that is until she was almost knocked off her feet by another blonde haired figure who seemed to be in an absolute rush to get to wherever it was he was going. Belle raised her brows as she watched the other Hobbit dart off down the pathway at a speed that rivaled her very own. Having nothing better to do, the young Hobbit decided to follow him and see just what it was he was up to. It's not like she had much better to do anyway.

She followed at a far more relaxed pace down the path, taking care to avoid any puddles or obstacles in her way. Eventually, she spotted the other Hobbit in the distance and slowly made her way over. However, instead of just waltzing straight over to him, she hid behind a tree, watching the other Hobbit from a short distance. One moment he was looking through some kind of large book with a glint of excitement in his eyes, and the next he was wielding a branch off a nearby tree like a longshanks ready for battle. In order to not give away her position, the young hobbit put two hands to her mouth in attempt to stifle her own laughter. And after a few moments of watching in amusement, she decided it was time to step out and reveal herself.

"Well, Well. If it isn't Grand Swordmaster Gamgee." She teased as she stepped out from behind the tree, giving an impish smile. "Would your parents really approve of you carelessly swinging a branch about like that?" Honestly, Belle didn't care. But what she did enjoy, was the potential reactions she could get out of the other hobbit. And part of her couldn't deny that she was a bit curious about the book he was lugging around.
.Kirby.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:41 am

[ lol poor rith ]

Thranduil Greenleaf
      ➸Race | Woodland Elf // ➸Companion | Aurelia the Tokota
      ➸Location | Somewhere near the Shire // ➸Tags | Faramir & Rith

The woodland elf hated to admit that the sudden voice of the Hobbit a few paces in front of him had startled him. He had been so focused on brushing Aurelia... and made a mental note to pay more attention despite the Shire being a peaceful place. Thranduil did not like being sneaked up on. Even if, in this instance, nobody actually did that. He fumbled to catch the brush that escaped his grasp. Curses... of course that had to happen. As if he didn't look old enough already thanks to certain events in his life. He certainly wasn't the young, bashful elfling he use to be. It seemed that age was finally starting to catch up to him. Very odd for an elf in general... but he was still not to be underestimated. If looks could kill he could vaporize his enemies in an instant. Good thing they couldn't... but it still sucked to get a sword in the chest.

"Oh! Hello there... Thranduil Greenleaf, at yours," he responded politely. The woodland elf appeared to be amused by the Hobbit's question. "This is Aurelia, my Tokota... goldens are fairly rare. I stumbled upon her when she was just a pup." Aurelia boofed in response, shaking herself and boofing once more, her fat fluffy tail wagging over her back contently. He was just about to respond to the other question when his sensitive ears picked up a voice from the nearby river.

Thranduil was thankful that his right side had been facing the river bank... or be may not have picked up on the voice with how faint it had been. His eye hadn't been the only thing damaged by dragon fire. He was lucky he could hear out of it at all.
"Oh my..." He quickly rushed over to the stranger, Aurelia following. The Tokota did most of the work pulling him out of the river when it was clear Thranduil was struggling.
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:18 am

(He's one of my favorites XD)

Rith Rhun Barness

He wails low in his throat as he's moved, good hand over the injured shoulder, trying to help get to the bank. And seriously the bank was tgat close? Upon reaching the shore he coughs water onto the soaked remnants of his pants, and shutters tieredly. The heat from the unseasonably warm day is already warming him.

"Thank you. " is rasped by the halfling.

His beautiful green eyes are half lidded as he sits there, slumped, hand falling to his side. They'd attacked in some town he hadn't bothered to learn the name of and dumped him in a sludge filled river of ice and gore and dead fish smell.

It had been raining.

They had taken everything from him.

Rith bites back a sob, burries his face in his hand to hide it, pretending to scrub at the gore on his face. He's gotten good at lying about his emotions, however, his efforts do uncover his injuries in vivid purple or vile green and clashing ruby.

"Thank you. .. for helping me. For.. for saving me."
Last edited by Alpha* on Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghostarriver » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:50 am

Faramir Took♤ Male♤ 31♤Hobbit♤Location: Just outside the Shire♤Tags:Thranduil/Aurelia

”Thranduil Greenleaf?! As in, father of Legolas Greenleaf whom Uncle Bilbo ran into years ago?” Faramir cried, slightly, incredulously. A rare sight indeed! Never in his lifetime would he have expected to meet any Elf, let alone the King of Mirkwood himself. He had to take a moment to absorb the information. Oh how jealous Bilbo Gamgee would be, when Faramir returned from his latest trip to Bree and told him about his encounter with Thranduil Greenleaf on the border of the Shire. No-one would believe him. ”Aurelia? Quite a unique name, I have to say, I do very much like it. But what is a-” Faramir was cut short, hearing another weaker voice. Well, he heard nothing more than a whisper. It was due to Thranduil and Aurelia that he noticed the stranger calling for help.
”By the Old Took!” The young Hobbit exclaimed, following the other two, anxious to see if the man was even alive. Nervously, he watched Aurelia pull the man to the bank. Who on Middle-Earth was cruel enough to do such a thing? Faramir pondered on this, taking in the state the stranger was in. Was this not a time of peace? The sight before him created doubt, answering his question for him. Suddenly, his mother’s compassion kicked in, though he was not known for it, and he couldn’t help but take the black coat, he was wearing, off and wrap it around the stranger, despite the warm sun. ”What happened to you?” Faramir asked, as he secured the coat around the man’s shoulders. ”Who are you?” Faramir tilted his head, and little, waiting for a response.

╔═══════════════╗
● link ● link ● link ●
Credit

╚═══════════════╝
🅣🅗🅔🅡🅔'🅢
🅘'🅓 🅖🅞 🅣🅞

𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓭
Ghostarriver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:08 am

Rith Rhun Barness

"Its.. Rith." Is said, the answer is more like a title than a name, a verb than a vowel. Like he doesn't belong to the name. "Rith Rhun Barness, ... halfling to the ancient races." His voice is bitter. He feels like it's enough of an explanation. . And not.

He can't help but to flinch as he is covered in a something, fingers explore, finding buttons and a velvet like collar, too short arms. A coat then.. a hobbits coat. Possibly. "I.. i .. ill ruin your fabric goodsir. " is excused and appologized, sure that the other probably doesn't care. Else, why would he have given it? Still.

His long fingered hand tightens, holding the fabric together as best he can over his chest, though it's a bit small. He doesn't complain. "People... are cruel.. to..those who are. .. different. " is explained, chin dipping towards his chest, but he presses his sensative fingers to a wound and it rouses him with a hiss of breath through his teeth. "I heard them.. some black speach mixed with the human words.. I didn't recognize it at first. "

"I.. I wasn't in the water long.. I think. . It was raining. .. they.." Cheeks flood a becoming shade of pink under the muck. "They took my mule. My.. clothes except my pants. Took.." he painfully shakes his head, knuckles white.
Last edited by Alpha* on Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alfor » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 am

Thranduil Greenleaf
      ➸Race | Woodland Elf // ➸Companion | Aurelia the Tokota
      ➸Location | Somewhere near the Shire // ➸Tags | Faramir & Rith

"We need to get him somewhere safer than out here," Thranduil suddenly stated from where he was sitting down next to Rith. He shrugged off his travel coat and laid it over Faramir's own. It would help warm him up... the river was terribly icy this time of the year. "I know a few remedies to help with the wounds and lacerations, but I need a clean space so dirt and whatever else doesn't get back in them. Its possible that some of his wounds are already infected." He seemed to be in deep thought. The claim of being a halfling of the ancient races confused him. Considering how tall he was, it was possible that he was half elf... but elflings, even if they were half elf... were precious among his people. He didn't understand how any elf would turn their back on a child. It was... it was so... so unheard of... it astounded him that there were elves who did such a thing.

"You are safe now... do not fret." Aurelia boofed in response as if to prove the statement Thranduil made, sniffing Rith's head before nuzzling him with her huge muzzle and thick fluffy cheek.

[ahhh kind of short reply, i've been sick and in pain so im kinda brain-fried atm lol]
Alfor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alpha* » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:08 am

(I hope you feel better soon )

Rith Rhun Barness

"Please don't take me back! You cant!" is sobbed, he cant hide the panic, "Afrinieal -- " he says the name of the ruler of a tribe of nomadic elves and a string of the elvin language follows. The words trip over themselves on his toung, easily, but exaustion and fear muddle them. Something along the lines of being imprisoned for existing, how he had escaped when he was made to work harshly, and lastly, what they called him - a curse word that means less than dirt, less than a halfling, less. Just less. "I cannae go back. "

Half tuning out the words about his injuries as he relives... but he's startled as another coat finds the first and yelps when he tries to get to his feet. Indeed, the halfling does get halfway to his feet before his knees betray him by buckling, forcing him to the ground. It had been a fluid transition and stop.

Slowly he unhunches from over his knees and explores the coat. "What's this? " Is asked at the touch of the unfamiliar fabric. "It's probably a coat.. so soft.. " He's mumbling to himself as he runs his caloused, injured, absolutely filthy hand over the material rythmically. He has never had a coat, not since. .. "I.. What's this?" Because he wants to be certain. For the first time he lifts his head and tilts his head towards the elvin lord, unfocused green and silver eyes blankly staring across Thranduil's chest. (Though he'd meant to meet his gaze).

But then something distracts him with warm breath on his face and soft warmth that touches him in an attempt at comfort. Sensative fingers trace the creatures jawline and cheekbones, memorizing. "My... what are you? A.. a Takota, I'd guess. I'm sure youre lovely... whatever you are.." is hummed before he wraps his arms around the creature, face buried in warm gold fur that smells of allspice or something else spicy.

And he's so very tiered that the halfling is falling asleep, and prodding hid injuries is having no effect. Because the elvin lord said he's safe.. and Takota are safe if they are domesticated. .. and this one clearly is. Safe.

One hand grips the opposite shouldee, and it hurts so much that he whimpers, a moment of clarity. He doesn't want to fall on his face. To offend the ones who help him. What's more, he doesn't want to hurt anymore. "Im.. I didn't mean to. . To.. be.. familIiar with your companion." Is appologized fervently, cringing into himself with a shutter. That lock of odd colored hair, held back by the bead falls into his face, he doesn't bother to move it - it's so dirty that the color wouldn't draw attention, and the bead looks like a tangle..

Sitting back on his rear Riths' eyes drift shut, head lulling forwards - and all at once he slumps into Thandruil's side.
Alpha*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghostarriver » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:31 am

Faramir Took♤ Male♤ 31♤Hobbit♤Location: Just outside the Shire♤Tags:Thranduil/Aurelia, Rith

“Oh that’s quite alright.” the Hobbit chuckled, waving a dismissive hand. “I was never particularly fond of it anyway.” Faramir joked, trying to alleviate some of the seriousness of the situation. Listening to Rith’s story, he frowned.
“Absolutely horrible that sounds…” he mused, quietly. When Thranduil suggested to move, Faramir nodded in agreement.
“You can come with me!” Faramir exclaimed, suddenly, excited. “Once I get back, Father and Mother will be going on a trip, so if you wait outside for a few minutes for them to leave, I can let you inside.” He nodded, inwardly, content with his plan, ready to go. Then he noticed the stranger, clad in blue-grey robes, approaching them.

Pallando♤ Male♤ 3000+♤Wizard♤Location: Just outside the Shire♤Tags:Thranduil/Aurelia, Rith, Faramir

Pallando had been wandering the Shire for some time now. Such a quaint, peaceful place it was, knowing nearly nothing of the treacherous world outside. In a way, it was saddening very few Hobbits dared venture out of their country. Indeed, he had heard tales of the few brave ones that had gone beyond their borders, completely out of their way to save Middle-Earth as they knew it and he admired that strength and courage, though, he wished that it was more commonplace than the corruption that the lies of evil brought, tainting the nature of all things. As he reached the river, he glanced at his arm. Yes, maybe he was paranoid over the scar, what it could have been used to do, but he did not want any harm to come to innocent, good people.
Then he noticed the scene up ahead.
The atrocities of the world would never cease. He surveyed the wounded, blood covered form of one of the people. The other two seemed fine and he recognised, almost instantly, Thranduil Oropherillion. The other appeared to be a Hobbit, though none of the ones Gandalf had mentioned to him. The largest of the group was the most interesting to him. A golden furred Tokota. Quite the sight. He would definitely be questioning about this creature, his notebook and pencil tucked away, safely, in his satchel, ready at a moment’s notice. As he came closer, he saw how bad the wounds were.
“Pardon me, but, perhaps I could be of assistance.” Pallando offered, with a warm smile.

╔═══════════════╗
● link ● link ● link ●
Credit

╚═══════════════╝
🅣🅗🅔🅡🅔'🅢