ᴏᴠᴇʀʟᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ✰ vrmmorpg [closed]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

what am I doing again?

Postby Die!Die!Die! » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:14 pm

ENA the warrior

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ow name; mitsu umi | class; bladesmaster | location; overgrown forest | mood; miserable | tags; ardent, magenta, everyone

haruHaving been separated from everyone else for the sole purpose of finding the dungeon put a damper on Ena's mood. She's never liked being alone even if it was to help others fix a dang game. Sometimes she wondered why she agreed to do this in the first place, but then remembering the kindness she withheld for others, brought her mood back up to speed. Though the miserable feeling Ena felt never left her as she wandered the endless forest level. "Hello?? Mr. Dungeon where are youuuuuuu" her voice echoed through the trees and sadly she didn't receive a response from the one thing she was searching for. The warrior skipped through the forest, looking from left to right and hopping over risen roots and rocks. At some point in time she forgot what her mission was all together, soon finding herself enjoying the nature that surrounded her. She listened to the birds chirping above and watched a doe prance on by, ignoring her very presence. It was funny how the gaming world was prettier than the world she actually lived in. At this point, Ena thought it'd be best to enjoy the game while it lasted. Knowing her, once she rid the game of the virus, she'd return to her old normal life.
haruEventually the skipping about tuckered Ena out, leaving her to sit up against a tree. Her hand rested upon her chest as she took in air and released it. Running about like this wasn't something Ena was used to in game. The team usually walked around at a normal pace and took in every inch of their surroundings.The girl came to the conclusion that she needed to up her strength or sell off the insane amount of items in her bag. Never once had she thought about selling her things the entire year she had been playing overland online. It was quite obvious that it was now time to sell ninety percent of her cherished belongings. Sparkling pink eyes stared effortlessly in front of her before opening up the floor level map to see what the other members were up to. Many were wondering about, obviously looking around the best they could. Though Argent, Magenta, and herself were stationary. It was quite unusual to see Magenta sitting still, though Argent wasn't much of a surprise at all. A sarcastic sigh escaped Ena's soft pink lips as she thought about the beastkin. Quite often he'd forget to do things or totally come unprepared for missions. Not to mention his gambling habits could become an issue for the guild more often than not. Chuckling to herself, Ena couldn't help but think that Ardent was probably having a mental breakdown at this very moment because of his lack of priority. "oh Ardent... what am I to do with you." Ena smiled as her fingers twirled her long blue hair. Beep Beep Beep
haruEna gasped with both surprise and excitement. The entire guild had received a message from Magenta. It appeared that she had found the entrance to the dungeon, and rather quickly too. A grin crept upon Ena's face as she sat right on up, picking up her running again. She was most excited to see Magenta and Ardent, considering she knows them in the open world as well. Only problem is they don't really seem to know each other... what luck. Of course, the first thing she hears is Ardent's sarcastic voice as she catches up to those who have been waiting at the entrance. "You're a hacker and I'm reporting you." oh how rude she thought but a snort escaped her as Amaterasu laughed at his comment. damn you Amaterasu.. making me snort she huffed before taking her stance next to the wolfie beastkin. Her eyes fell upon Kurai and then Nightshade, giving them both a lovely smile and a nod of the head before wrapping her arms around one of Ardent's. A low whisper escaped her lips and her eyes stared up at Ardent questioningly. "Let me guess.. you messed up.. again." It wasn't much of a question since, after all, she's asked many times. It had come to a point where she should just assume that his insecurity is the same as the last insecurity.
Die!Die!Die!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( i. )

Postby peaceful » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:34 pm

.... KENJIROU ;;
    ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    xxxxxxx[ the support ] [ mood: excited ] [ location: overgrown forest ] [ words: 938 ] [ tagged: all ]

xxxxxxxxAn ultimate dungeon. The thought alone was enough to send a thrill of anticipation running up his spine; how exciting this day would be! The landscape was certainly a lovely start; a breeze shuffled pleasantly through the leaves and branches above, the distant music was pleasant, and the mobs in the forest were adorable. Bunnies and deer? He hadn't seen many himself, but anything non-aggressive was appreciated, especially before something as daunting as an ultimate dungeon. Perhaps the air had a bit of an ominous tilt to it; the distinct lack of hostile monsters stuck out for sure. Even before dungeons, normally there was still something itching for a fight hanging around somewhere.

xxxxxxxxStill, he supposed he'd best not complain. The guild would need to be at their best if they hoped to succeed. Kenji had done his part; the last several days had been spent scavenging for ingredients and ensuring that there were plenty of health potions to go around. He wasn't much of a fighter himself—there was a dagger in his inventory, but he was hardly efficient with the weapon (nor was the simple blade particularly impressive to begin with). Damaging splash potions were generally his go-to, but at the end of the day, Kenji tended to avoid the thick of the battles they found themselves in. It suited him just fine; things would be different if the guild lacked fighters, but as it was, they seemed to function pretty well.

xxxxxxxxThe sound of a notification signifying someone activating the party chat caught his attention, and he listened attentively as Magenta relayed her instructions. Kenji nodded once, affirmatively—as if Magenta could see him—and prepared to begin his search. The alchemist took a moment to activate his avid collector skill (because why not?) and watched the ring of light visible only to him expand outwards like a radar blip. Only one plant-shaped outline began to glow, drawing an almost disappointed puff of air from Kenji. Oh well. The thought returned to him: at least he'd taken the time to prepare ahead of time. What kind of alchemist would I be if I hadn't?

xxxxxxxxTo his amusement, he hadn't even made it to the collectible before Magenta's voice was ringing out once again. Already? He wanted to feel impressed, but realistically, the entrance couldn't have been far from her if it had only taken a few minutes. I wonder if she missed something obvious, or just got lucky. Kenji bent down to collect his find—blue herbs, not a terrible catch—and then called his map up with a thought. He set a waypoint for Magenta's location and turned to begin the trek towards said location. It wasn't too far, thankfully, and probably wouldn't take him more than five minutes.

xxxxxxxxKenji picked his way through the forest with a noticeable bounce to his step, energy once again starting to buzz. The worst thing about conquering ultimate dungeons was trying to find the entrance; he'd seen it take others hours of scouring before, and all the excitement in the world couldn't stop one from getting bored after that long. It seemed as though luck was in his favor, though, for the guild wouldn't have to suffer through endless searching today. That was especially nice because Kenji was quite fond of Overgrown Forest thus far, and spending an extended period of time searching every nook and cranny of a place could make it grow old very quickly. He was glad that wouldn't have to happen here, and that he wouldn't cringe at the mere thought of the forest afterwards. At least, hopefully not. Hopefully the dungeon itself wouldn't present him with dreadful memories. They were as prepared as they could be—res scrolls and all. Assuming Magenta hadn't gone and sold them off... Kenji sighed to himself. He liked Magenta; she was enthusiastic and a good leader. But her desire for wealth and fame made him a bit wary (especially since some of the ingredients he used were quite rare; those ones were tucked safely away in his inventory whenever possible). Kenji reminded himself that she was a healer, and he'd brought plenty of health potions himself, so even if she had left the resurrection scrolls (which she wouldn't have, surely... surely) then they'd probably be okay. Probably.

xxxxxxxxHe brushed his musings aside. They were spiraling in a negative direction, and Kenji preferred to be anything but. Plus, he had almost reached Magenta's location, and the distant sound of mixed voices told him that he was not one of the first to arrive. I hope I'm not the last, he thought. I'd hate to be holding everyone up. When he did stumble upon the group, a brief stab of worry hit him (especially considering the first thing he heard was 'Kenjirou here yet?'), but a quick head count told him he wasn't quite the last; Static hadn't joined them yet, either. His eyes habitually sought out Madoka (Amaterasu, he berated himself; she'd have his head if he called her that again) and he threw a grin her way, clasping his hands behind his head. "I am now!" he greeted, gaze shifting briefly to Nightshade before traveling around the group. "You guys ready? I gotta say, I'm pretty pumped. Can't believe the entrance was found so fast." There was a definite teasing note in his voice by the time he stopped talking, though he'd deny it if asked. After all, there was still a chance that Magenta simply had gotten lucky, and gone in just the right direction immediately after contacting the guild. There was always a chance.

peaceful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☾ viridian paradise. [01]

Postby grim. » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:04 pm

i usually put an image or smthn fancy here but cs rules, amiright?
STATIC.STASIS
                ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
                tags; kenjirou mentions; magenta, everyone else very loosely wc; 1282

grimThe overgrown forest was quiet without so much as the distant chirping of a bird to disturb the silence. The only sound to be heard belonged to the leaves rustling quietly in the light breeze high overhead. However, despite the unnatural silence, the forest was far from creepy, in fact it was peaceful, downright serene even, and any feelings of apprehension that had been plaguing the boy had long since fled his being. Not even his footfalls disturbed the silence –one of the perks of controlling sound magic- and the game music had long ago been muted, the airy tune having grown tedious and obnoxious, rather than some form of comforting relief from the eerie silence.
                grimA soft melody resonated in his throat, one that was light and gentle, yet somehow retained the somber air of melancholy. He couldn’t fully recall just when he had started humming, filling the gaps in the silence with his own sorrowful tunes that drifted in and out, as fickle as the playful breeze overhead. Even though he was only dimly aware of his own voice, he would admit that even it was a step up from the redundant game music. And he didn’t even like his own voice, so that was saying something.
                grimSlanted amethyst eyes wandered, taking in the scenery unfolding before him. Beautiful flowers plants painted a rainbow amongst the foliage, and in the real world they would have no doubt been swarming with bees. The trees towered overhead, their foliage so thick that he could barely see the bits of pale blue that peeked briefly through the cracks that appeared in the wind. Even the trunks were vast, so broad that even his lanky in-game arm span couldn’t coil around more than a quarter of the smallest tree he stumbled across. Moss and vines were overgrowing as well, the former choking around thick branches and the latter covering the tree trunks and forest floor, providing a cushiony padding underfoot. It really and truly was some form of viridian paradise, gorgeous, serene, and free of monsters and insects.
                grimSomewhere in the back of his mind, the pink-haired male was distantly aware of the mission he’d been tasked –along with the rest of his guild mates- that had slipped neglected to the back of his mind. Not only had he completely forgotten about looking for the dungeon, but he’d been wandering aimlessly through the forest for hours now, long before his teammates had even come online. No doubt he had managed to scour every part of the forest by now, passing by rare items without sparing the time or attention to harvest them or even cast them a second glance, far too enraptured by the forest itself and lost in his own bitter thoughts. Though, there wasn’t a shadow of a doubt in his mind that he had, in fact, at some point walked right past the dungeon and not been any the wiser to it.
                grimDetails and time were concepts that eluded him at times, the latter more so than the former. Nearly all of his time was spent in the game, and after a while most of it seemed to bleed together and seem like one long day rather than several days or even a week. Even his times out of the game were vague, flashes of cheap plastic cutlery, food hitting the empty stomach of a withering body, the bitter taste of pills, and the stinging pain of needles. –How long ago was that anyways?- Then it had been back to the contended bliss of a vibrant world that didn’t consist of tiled floors, whitewashed walls, and sickly, miserable scents.
                grimA muted pinging sounded broke through his thoughts, dragging him back to virtual reality. The humming died in his throat and he froze where he was, tail swaying lightly back and forth and pink, furry ears twitching slightly. A message? His head cocked to the side, debating whether or not to dismiss the pinging as his imagination and just continue on with his aimless shambling. But a soft sigh slipped through his lips as he relented. Better to check than to miss some important message and have to face the wrath of one of his teammates. Probably Magenta. She liked to talk. A lot.
                grimTail tip twitching he pulled his scattered thoughts together, focusing what he could scrounge up onto a single word. Menu. Nothing happened and a deep breath flared his nostrils. Oh. Right. He’d disabled his menu a long, long time ago. It wasn’t his fault he couldn’t control his thoughts at times, and stupid menu had made a habit of popping up at severely inconvenient times and the struggle to get it to go away had get him distracted enough to meet his demise on more than one occasion. So he’d disabled it, setting it to only be opened by that awkward swiping motion. Sort of like how he’d disabled messages, setting it so that he’d only get a dull sound to alert him to them, rather than being assaulted by loud voices when he least expected it.
                grimLazily swiping his arm he opened the menu, finger pausing over his mailbox before selecting it. Not only had he not imagined the pinging noise, but he’d apparently completely missed the alert to a message several minutes earlier. Both from Magenta, and both of them voice messages. He flinched as he opened the first message, despite knowing damn well what to expect from it and wrinkling his nose in distaste at the term ‘guildies’. Really? The message was almost immediately deleted. Yep. Finding the dungeon, that was their mission. Had been for the last- ...how long? When had they been tasked with this again?
                grimShaking his head he opened the second message. Alright, scratch that. Finding the dungeon was not their job, because it had already been found by their fearless leader not even five minutes after her first message and set of orders. Another soft sigh ruffled his bangs and after a quick glance at his map, he dismissed his menu. Apparently everyone was online now. When did that happen? All of them scattered throughout the forest, though none even remotely close to his own location, most of them having closed in around Magenta already.
                grimI’m late. Oops. Spinning on his heel, the boy launched off into the woods. He kept a fevered pace, ducking under low hanging branches, weaving between tightly packed tree trunks, and leaping over boulders blocking his path. Sprinting through a clearing –the sun was nice today- and splashing through a stream, ignoring the cold water that seeped into his boots. Then he was there, tearing out of the trees like a bat out of hell and nearly bowling over Kenjirou when he exploded from the foliage. His shoulder clipped the short male, spinning him around and disrupting his balance, and despite his own efforts to keep his footing without knocking the other down, he failed completely.
                grim“Crap, sorry, sorry!” Hibiki went down in a tangle of lanky limbs and a thickly-furred pink tail, crashing to the ground without any semblance of grace whatsoever. His jaw clacked roughly on the ground, his teeth slamming harshly on his tongue. In the real world, he would’ve no doubt been bleeding, if not missing the tip of his tongue completely, but game mechanics were wonderful. The pain was still there, harsh enough for him to let out a small whine and wince painfully. “Sorry I’m late,” he mumbled, flopping just as gracelessly onto his back to stare up at his teammates, both too humiliated and too lazy to clamber back to his feet again. “Am I the last one?”
grim.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✰ assassin bean [1]

Postby honeycomb ` » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 am

SEIRYUU THE ASSASSIN
        ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
        tags;; kurai, everyone mentions;; all wc;; 461 ofc;; sorry this took so long, and its so short

faking a smile she started to the stairs at the end of the hallway. it had been a long day and yet for some reason, she still felt like she had something to do, but what was it. as she neared her bedroom door she paused in front of another door that belongs her her older brother who was living in america for college reasons. he always seemed to be the one who was able to make her parents proud, unlike her for some reason. swinging her bedroom door open she tossed her school bag on her bed and walked over to the capsule that sat in the corner of her room. it had been provided by the company she now worked for; a gaming company that wanted her and other real world people to play and see if they could figure out the virus.

with a heavy sigh, she stepped into the coffin-like capsule and began to laugh to herself as she closed her eyes. the next thing she knew is that she was transferred to the in-game world of overland online. looking around seiryuu placed herself in her in-game apartment that she had only recently bought. hearing a little ring she noticed that magenta the guild leader was calling everyone to her location. smirking seiryuu teleported herself to the location of the other guild members, it seemed she was the last to arrive. searching the crowd for kurai_tsuki she smiled slightly as she found the tall dark figure of the dark elf. he had been her partner even before the guild and they had gone to school with each other for a while, she genuinely considered him a friend, which was an odd thing for her.

casually walking over to the elf she looked him up and down. the male seemed tired even in the game, and he had this odd facial expression and aura around him. "hey, kurai, why do you look so glum?" she kept her voice low and soft so it didnt come off as a harsh question and so that no one else would hear her conversation with kurai. looking around she spotted magenta and waved so that the leader of the guild would notice her. continuing to stare at magenta she wondered how the healer was going to split them up. since she, ena, and ardent where the close combat fighters of the guild they would probably be up front. kurai, kenjirou, amaterasu, and shade the middle support unit. lastly magenta and static.stasis as they back unit who would focus on healing and stunning attacks to support the front unit. though honestly who knows what she was thinking at this moment, seiryuu would just have to be patient and wait.

honeycomb `

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

002 magenta

Postby neon. » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:23 am

ᴍᴀɢᴇɴᴛᴀ 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝘩𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑒𝑟
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    || located first floor mood; curious tagged; all ||
    || ooc; magenta has three loves: fancy plants, and money, and messing with others ||
xxx
        “Did you know that harassing another player is a bannable offense?” Magenta replied, crossing her arms, “Besides, if anyone’s using hacks here, it’s clearly Kurai. I’m pretty sure hair that luxurious isn’t natural. Programmable?” She pondered the proper terminology for that, before shrugging. “Accusing me,” Magenta put her hand to her chest, shaking her head, “After all I’ve done for you!” Future threats to Ardent’s healing and safety (because she could do so much damage as a healer) where unfortunately halted by Amaterasu. Who promptly accused her of falling over the entrance. Clearly, someone was just jealous that she hadn’t found it first. Ignoring the closer-to-the-truth-than-it-should-have-been statement, Magenta turned to the new arrival, making sure to smack Ardent with her staff as she turned. Not her fault he was standing so close, and it wasn’t’ like it’d do any damage anyway. But the impact was there, and that’s what mattered. “The entrance was found through a lot of hard work on my part. Five minutes of toil, that’s what it was.”

Shade arrived soon after, bringing up the total to four members of the party. Everyone should have been somewhat nearby, considering that they’d known about it ahead of time, but listening had never been one of her guild’s strong points. Magenta briefly contemplated if that was her own fault, considering she didn’t listen all to well, but immediately dismissed the notion. Definitely not her fault, nope. At least Shade knew how to pose well. Ardent on one side, Shade on the other, Ammy and Kurai standing defiantly in the background… They could definitely use a nice pose like this for when they became a more famous guild. Knowing most, if not all, of her party members could recognize her delusions of grandeur and money expression, Magenta quickly sobered up, hands on her hips. “I don’t actually know where he is,” nevermind that she could check the map, “Or anyone else, I hope they’re not all lazing about somewhere.”

Ena and Kenjirou had arrived nearly in tandem, dismissing her concerns. A quick wave to the two was her greeting- though not for long, as like a pink-furred bullet, Hibiki barreled out of the forest and into the alchemist, going down into a heap. Magenta’s next words were removed by the swear-censors, but it seemed both would be alright. Hibiki wasn’t getting up, however. With all the grace and caring of her lovely self, Magenta tapped his side with her foot. “You’re not last, no worries. You are however, the first to inspect the ground so thoroughly.” Focus heal didn’t need an incantation, like some of her other spells, so drawing her staff, she cast it with a thought. Honestly, the bard did worry her a little, if only because he spent so much time in the game, and still managed to be a menace to himself. And others.

So distracted was she, Magenta almost managed to miss Ena’s comment to Ardent. But like a shark that could smell blood miles away, so could Magenta with any weakness. Well, any weakness that was spoken aloud in her direct vicinity. Ardent messing up was not an uncommon occurrence, and neither was Ena accidently alerting Magenta to said occurrence. They’d been a group together a while before after all. Deciding to let Ardent escape this time, she turned to the rest of the assembly, about to ask if any of them knew where Sei was, only to discover she was already there, talking to Kurai. How long had she been there?

Deciding not to question the ways of bounty hunters, magenta clapped her hands together. “Alright! Are you guys ready, or are you guys ready?!” Tragically, there were a few members of her guild that were not as enthusiastic about future profits exploration as she was. Leading the way into the dungeon, she followed the creek up into a much larger area. Trees opened up to reveal a massive stone gazebo, worn and ruined as if it had been made long ago and left to the hands of time. Intimidating stone faces gazed back at them, details faint now, and many covered with vines or cracks. Up they went, following the stone path into the ruined structure, the stone path growing slippery with moss. Magenta used her weapon as a walking stick, which helped slightly. Inside the gazebo lay the teleportation circle, an unearthly blue design imprinted on the floor, glowing softly. Fortunately, the place was large enough to hold all of them but Magenta could only imagine the difficulty if the place became more crowded. Once they were all in, the little notification asking if she’d like to enter the dungeon appeared. Surprisingly enough, there was no ‘Are you Sure?’ warning and an explanation of the dangers of an ultimate dungeon, like there had been for the other ults in the past. Magenta marked that down as something to remember, just in case that was a virus issue.

With that, the teleportation activated, a rushing sensation overcoming her. Away she went, blue light filling her vision as her body rushed with the uncanny sensation of falling away.

The teleporter summoned them inside, giving them the first glimpse of the area. It wasn’t much, considering how dark the room was. Eventually, her eyes adjusted. What she had first thought were columns were in fact trees, stretching up to the ceiling. You can’t see much of the ceiling, with shadows seeming to cling to it, giving the trees an appearance of stretching up endlessly. The ground is covered in tree roots, breaking through the cobblestone floor and making passage treacherous. There was no end to the room in sight. The previous music fell away, soft chiming slowly coming to the foreground in its stead. The music slowly rose as she took in the first floor, a grimace crossing her face. “The trees are back.” Still, these were unlike the trees outside, and curiosity filled her upon seeing a new type of plant. Were they based off a natural species? With the lighting so dim, she could hardly make out the details, though she could see well enough around her. “I don’t see any monsters… So maybe it’s not a boss floor? Probably some sort of puzzle then.” Nothing really stuck out to her at the moment. “But it is just the first floor, it can’t be that bad. Maybe we have to find the exit? I guess we should all stay together for now… Hey, hardy Ardy. Take the lead?”
neon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(002) (Kurai_Tsuki)

Postby lilymei. » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:47 pm

☾ Kurai_Tsuki ☾
    ─────────────────────────────
    || Role: The Mage || Location: Forest/First Floor || Mood: Wary, Curious || Tagged: All || WC: || 1525
    || OOC: Magenta is so jelly of Kurai's fabulous hair, I mean, I'm just putting this out there, but this is my
    first "real" semi-lit RP so please excuse my noobness :3 and haha... I'm not proofreading this. I'm too lazy atm XD
    ||

The dark elf's mind started to wander as it normally did when nothing big was happening. While waiting for the others to arrive, he found himself curiously mulling over the background music. It wasn't as though he talked much anyways so he found ways to pay attention to small details of the area and found a particular fondness of the music in this game. It made the world seem so surreal and added to the entirety of the game being like real life even though mysterious music probably wasn't what you would want to hear while walking around in a forest, but that was besides the point. He started to try and pick out the different instruments programmed in the repetitive sounds before he heard a voice nearby. It was loud, and obnoxious in Kurai's mind but he kept from saying anything, keeping his thoughts to being about how silently he had approached them. That probably due to his cat-like abilities, he chose to move on with his thoughts until he heard Magenta speak again and let out a small sigh. This idle chatter wasn't exactly his forte but he let an ever so small smile grace his lips as he listened to the two argue. Like always, he didn't say anything but just shrugged.

His mind having already been drawn far away from his previous thoughts of the music, he decided to listen to the two argue. To be honest, it wasn't the most fun having to listen to the two fight but still, he knew he had to get used to it since he had to spend a lot of time with these people. Of course, not all of the people in the guild bothered him too much, it was just when they got mad or decided the best way to express how they felt was through screaming. Or when it's Ardent doing whatever he's doing. Something about that beastskin had always annoyed him, but Kurai had never taken the time to actually try and take that problem apart to find what was wrong. Any further investigation on that "issue" was stopped when the dark elf saw the other beastskin arrive and listened once more to the playful teasing.

Soon enough, the rest of the members started appearing and Kurai stayed in the background, leaning against one of the trees as he listened to the rest talk. He didn't have any useful input and so he stayed back and just listened to see what everyone else had to say even though he knew by now that when not in a dungeon, the group's discussion was no more than idle chatter and playful teasing. Lots of teasing. He wasn't ever really approached by the others so he just lingered around, wondering how Magenta was feeling at the moment. He had always been curious on how it must feel to be constantly harassed by others when you did something good. Even if it all was just in good fun, he still was curious if Magenta felt the same way. From most of her responses and the small smile she had on whenever it occurred, he assumed that she was fine with it, but Kurai knew full well that there was always a way to hide something you don't want others to see.

Okay, never mind. Kurai was normally not approached by others, excluding Seiryuu. Even though that was probably only because of their real life connections at school, it was still something. Having been staring into the artificial sky for a while, he was a bit surprised to hear a voice so close to him. The others were a good few meters away so that their voices were a bit softer, at least fainter in his ears, but this voice wasn't. Looking down to see the assassin, he caught her words in the nick of time and just shrugged. Even if the male didn't talk much, he knew it was rude not to talk when spoken to directly. Of course, that didn't include Magenta's previous statement since he didn't find that to be anything too direct compared to this girl's question. He had always taken in consideration the meaning behind a question to see if it was worth answering and labeled Seiryuu's as acceptable. He thought about how to answer her question for a moment, still looking down at the girl with a somewhat cold gaze before answering. "I don't believe I am. I presume that would just be your perception of me when I'm thinking. Many others probably think the same, but it's really nothing you have to be worried about." He said, a small genuine smile appearing on his face, just for the girl in front of him. He knew that only Seiryuu knew the other side of him, how he was in real life. Something about being in this game changed that. The male could only think that it was because of the situation they were in that caused that change but still, everyday when he returned to the real world for school, he was back to being Hideki, Prince Charming of (enter name of of highschool here, too lazy to try and be creative).

His talk with the assassin quickly being interrupted by the dryad's rhetorical question that he would never actually get to or want to answer, he just sighed and started to walk after the leader and a few of the other guild members, looking to see if Seiryuu would follow as well since the others were clearly in front of him.

Paying close attention to the details added near the end phases of creation such as the sounds of the water and rustling of leaves, Kurai trotted at a steady pace behind the others. He noticed that the thick areas of trees started to lessen as they reached a clearing of sorts where a large stone gazebo was. More interested in the creek that led up to this strange megalith, he paused in front of the running water for a moment, seeing the slight reflection of his face being refracted in many directions. He had never realized the amount of effort the company had put into these small details to make the game more life-like until he was forced to return to Overland Online very recently but it still was interesting to him. Shaking his head, he remembered he had to stick with the rest of the guild and returned to the main path and looked back at the gazebo. The glow of teleportation circle was visible from where he was near the break of the trees into clearing and he knew they had reached the true entrance to the dungeon. Walking up to the gazebo, Kurai looked at the stones that appeared to be weathered with age and ran a hand over the rough texture of one of the entrance pillars surrounding the entrance to the gazebo. He managed to retain his balance on the stone path, avoiding some of the larger clumps of moss if he was able to. Standing near the edge of the teleportation circle, he waited for Magenta to confirm their request of entering the dungeon.

Feeling the sensation of falling around him, he took note of the blue light invading his vision as he was transported to whatever awaited him within the dungeon.

As the blinding light faded, he blinked as his vision returned to him, his eyes immediately starting to take in the area. It was definitely mysterious as it probably was meant to be. There were a lot of trees and it didn't really appear to be much of a room or floor. More like a thick jungle covered with trees and darkness. Luckily, the dark elf had the benefit of night vision, lighting up the probably extremely dark room quite nicely. As the music changed, Kurai waited for the new one to arise and as it did, he smiled. Very nice transition... He thought to himself. He really did appreciate when the change of music was obvious enough to signal that you had entered a new location though not distracting and Overland Online definitely was good at making transitions work. Again, he realized his distracted thoughts and brought himself back into the situation. Luckily due to his quiet nature in game, no one would probably realize his mind slipping in and out of pointless thoughts but still, he hated his wandering mind at times like these when the focus was obviously supposed to be on one thing. Listening to Magenta's voice ring out above the sound of the music, Kurai nodded in confirmation of the suggestion, a small 'hmph' escaping his lips. (first sound from Kurai that everyone can hear :3 It's an accomplishment X3) The dark elf did prefer puzzles over boss levels as he enjoyed thinking if that was not obvious and he always found strategic puzzles to be entertaining since they made him think in a different way. Waiting for the others to either agree or disagree with Magenta's idea, he continued to look around for any clues or hints on how to get off this floor.
lilymei.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ardent - 002

Postby worry. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:23 pm

┌────────────┐
    rdent
    the tank // first floor // curious
    tagged → everyone

└────────────┘
Slowly but surely the group all made their way to the dungeon entrance. It took some longer than others but Ardent paid them no heed. His mind was elsewhere. Despite his silly comment to Magenta he felt no confidence. Her flippant remark only sealed his fate. He still thought it was suspicious how quickly the druid found this dungeon. She was always like this. Even if she found it by sheer dumb luck she would chalk it up to her awesome abilities. Everyone knew better than to say anything. Making Magenta mad was not a good thing. She was a very different person when you messed with her. Shuddering at the thought of it he frowned. If she learned what he was thinking right now, he would be dead. Thankfully, or maybe not, Ena showed up. The look on her face told him everything he needed to know. Ena was a ditz at times but she could read people like a book if she wanted. If Magenta had that ability they would all be screwed. She walked over to him and spoke the words he feared. They had this conversation many times. Ardent wasn't the brightest person and most days he was a flawless procrastinator. If he could he would put things off. This lead to him going out and playing pachinko instead. He remembered it clear as day. He had come up with a resounding loss of profit and left to sleep his sorrows away. That was the day he was supposed to do research. So much for that. It was a little too late for regret now. Magenta had to have heard their little conversation. It wasn't like they were being quiet. To his amazement she choose to ignore it. There was a first time for everything." I do not mess up often but when I do... it's probably going to end badly." At least he could always count on Ena to fill him in. She was a kind girl even in the real world. Leaning over he whispered to her. "If you could, you know, tell me about this place I would forever be in your debt."

Ultimate dungeons were a completely different beast. He knew this, everyone who played the game knew this. They were on a whole different level. In hindsight he should have watched a video or something. The entrance didn't seem all that intimidating but he knew better than to underestimate things in this game. The last time he did that they all wiped to boss' add because he treated it like the other adds in the dungeon, and it didn't like that. Sighing to himself he regained his once lost composure. Ena would surely tell him the important things. Anything else he could figure out on his own. After you play enough games you start to just know. He couldn't tell if that was a sad realization on his part or a triumph.

Eventually the last two arrived. Seiryuu was the last to arrive. Her entrance not nearly as spectacular as Hibiki. The tiny fur ball stumbled out of the forest and fell before them. Ardent didn't know if he should laugh or help. Unfortunately the fluff ball took another down with him. Kenjirou was the victim of wrong place wrong time and by that point Ardent had to laugh. It was impossible for him to hold back. Making such a grand entrance like that, how could someone not chuckle? In spite of that he walked over to help the two of them up. He wasn't such a terrible person that he could ignore someone in need. While he did offer them a hand, it was up to them if they took it. Most of the time people thought his acts of kindness were feigned but that wasn't true. He did genuinely enjoy helping others. Unless, of course, it was Magenta. She may hold grudges but she wasn't the only one. Those times in which she 'forgot' to heal him were often paid back in full when he forgets to keep aggro. That thought made him smirk. He wouldn't dare do something like that in these dungeons but anywhere else was fair game. Leave it to the two of them to hold grudge wars.

Speak of the devil. Magenta's loud and overbearing voice boomed over them all once Seiryuu arrived. She had no patience. Before anyone could speak up she pushed her way forward. The healer going in head first, what could go wrong? Resigning himself to his fate he followed behind. They wondered their way further into the forest until, just like that, it disappeared. No, that wasn't the right word for that. The thick foliage gave way and opened up to reveal a rather giant gazebo. While he didn't expect it the structure didn't look out of place. It was well worn down by time. He took a moment to admire the amount of programming that went into such a thing. Magenta didn't seem to care however. She trekked on, dauntless in her pursuit of fame and fortune. Walking up the huge amount of stairs Ardent couldn't help but notice something. Magenta was using her staff to steady herself. Much like an old lady. Once again he almost burst out laughing. The image of her being an elderly lady with an attitude was now floating around in his head. He knew why she was doing it. However, that didn't help. If she were to fall despite using her staff he might just die. Taking a moment to readjust himself he carried on careful to not slip himself. Wouldn't that just be karmic justice?

The actual portal to the dungeon was resting inside the gazebo. Surprise there. The first to enter was, again, their healer. Sometimes he thought she would make a better tank. Always running head first into danger. He worried about her some days. Once everyone was in they activated it. For the first time he noticed there was no warning about the dungeon. In fact there was nothing at all. For all he knew they were entering some estranged programmer's dungeon of weird kinks. Quickly shaking that idea out of his head he braced himself for the inevitable queasiness that came with teleportation. The blue light engulfed them all and in an instant they were gone. When he opened his eyes he had to take a moment to fight off the urge to vomit. It was always like that for him. no one else seemed bothered by it as much as he was. No matter how long he played this game it was the same. Taking a deep breath he looked around. Their new surroundings were even worse than before. It stank of moss and rotting wood, not the most pleasant of things to be smelling. From what he could see there were no enemies. That didn't mean the room was empty though. If they were to walk two steps and get jumped he wouldn't be surprised. Dungeons in this game were unforgiving. Magenta had suggested that it was a puzzle room. How he hoped that was true. While he was notoriously bad at puzzles he would take that over getting the snot beat out of him any day. On cue Magenta called for him. Finally, she was letting him take the lead. "As you wish, dear Maggy." Smiling to himself he waltzed in front and started walking.
worry.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

what am I doing again?

Postby Die!Die!Die! » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:51 am

ENA the warrior

ow name; mitsu umi | class; bladesmaster | location; bastion of gaia | mood; nervous | tags; ardent, magenta, static, everyone

haruEna puckered her lips once she locked eyes with magenta, her body giving off a split second shiver before breaking the awkward stare. " I do not mess up often but when I do... it's probably going to end badly." a slight chuckle escaped her at Ardent's words. "you do mess up often. At least that's what I've noticed about you." she mumbled to herself with a hand over her lips. Ena focused her ruby eyes on the grass they stood on until a certain puppy leaned in close and whispered, "If you could, you know, tell me about this place I would forever be in your debt." the sudden closeness of her friend made the basilisk's cheeks grow red in color. "u-umm.. I really don't know all too much about the dungeon but I do know the entrance is an overgrown temple. which is... right in front of us.." she rubbed the back of her head feverishly and stared at the temple and laughed nervously. It wasn't unusual for Ena to embarrass herself in front of others. She had always been socially awkward, even if they were close to her. In the back of her mind, Ena remembered something about this ultimate dungeon they had found. Bastion of Gaia was going to be much like the ground level they were currently in. Though there were enemies in the ultimate dungeon that wouldn't attack you unless provoked. She thought. Sometimes she'd give the wrong information to poor Ardent and it'd end horribly once Magenta found out. Though there were times where she was correct on the information and Ardent's taily butt had been saved. Ena was conflicted on whether or not she should say this to her furry friend. Maybe once they entered the dungeon she would. Maybe..
haru"You guys ready? I gotta say, I'm pretty pumped. Can't believe the entrance was found so fast." Kenjirou chimed in a teasing way, bringing the young girls attention towards him. Is he trying to irritate Magenta? she thought to herself before smiling at the high elf. Out of everyone in the group, Kenji always lightened up the mood the most out of everyone. Naturally Ena took a liking to him. Shortly after his lovely comment, the bushes behind Kenji shook and a flash a pink burst through the foliage. It was enough to make the girl nearly jump out of her skin as the tall figure brushed Kenji's shoulder before spinning and falling. “Crap, sorry, sorry!” that voice sounded oh so familiar. It was none other than Static.Stasis. Ena watched as he fell ungracefully, his chin hitting the ground he now laid upon, entangled in his own limbs. His cute pink fluffy tail drew the basilisk's attention, the sudden urge to stroke it overwhelming her. "my dear Static! are you alright?" the boy managed to mumble, “Am I the last one?” and in return, Ena shook her head in response. Magenta answered his question though while prodding his side with her foot. “You’re not last, no worries. You are however, the first to inspect the ground so thoroughly.” what a cruel joke Ena thought before kneeling down and wiping the dirt off Static's cheek with her thumb. Her eyes fell to Kenjirou next to Static. "now.. are you alright Kenji?" she asked with the same amount of worry. Around that time Ardent had arrived to help the two stand, but of course, Ena took it upon herself to help out as well and get Static up on his feet. She dusted him off with a big smile and brushed out his tail. "There! you look brand new Static" resting her hands on her hips, she gave him a toothy grin before Seiryuu made her entrance to the rest of the group.
haru“Alright! Are you guys ready, or are you guys ready?!” Magenta's voice boomed, making Ena jump once she spoke suddenly. She was certainly nervous about the ultimate dungeon ahead, but she was very much excited to finally get somewhere with the bug fixing. Immediately Magenta started making her way towards the insanely large gazebo ahead of them, the amount of foliage in her way tasting her wrath. After Ardent, Ena followed, staying close behind him, not wanting to lose her way. Or more like, if something jumped out at her, she'd hide behind him. Though he wouldn't ever know that. Ena stared with big eyes at the ancient looking ruins before the group, her heart racing with anticipation. The stone faces upon the ruins, in a way, freaked her out, so avoided the faces gazing eyes. Once in the gazebo, a glowing blue circle could be seen on the floor. this must be a teleportation key she thought with a tilt of her head before joining the others upon it. Ena watched as Magenta took notes on the entry of the ultimate dungeon before the floors blue glow brightened considerably. Just as it blinded her, a strange feeling welled within her. Whether it was excitement or the need to throw up, Ena wasn't completely sure. Once that light faded, a sigh of relief exited her and rather loudly too. Her ruby eyes wandered, looking from the broken tiled floor to the ominous trees that endlessly stretched to the ceiling. The ultimate dungeon was rather dark and eerie, and quite frankly she didn't like it. Though sensing that all her friends were close was reassuring enough. They could get through this dungeon no problem. After all, they've done it several times before with no issues...really. “I don’t see any monsters… So maybe it’s not a boss floor? Probably some sort of puzzle then.” Ena felt unsure of Magenta's conclusion but kept her lips sealed and only preceded to give a worried look to her leader/friend. “But it is just the first floor, it can’t be that bad. Maybe we have to find the exit? I guess we should all stay together for now… Hey, hardy Ardy. Take the lead?” the basilisk did yet another shaky sigh before looking to Ardent. "As you wish, dear Maggy." these two are always like this towards each other.. WHY her slender fingers pressed to her temples and rubbed, hoping to relieve her of the stress she held inside. Seeing Ardent taking the lead, Ena quickly followed suit, her body tense as she looked around for any enemies or clues. Guess you could say, she was ready to have Ardent's back if anything happened.
Die!Die!Die!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ii. )

Postby peaceful » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:11 pm

.... KENJIROU ;;
    xxxxxxx[ the support ] [ mood: surprised, amused; attentive ] [ location: first floor ] [ words: 538 ] [ tagged: all ]

xxxxxxxxUnexpected. That's what it was. One minute he's standing there, grinning like a fool, and the next there's a force ("Crap, sorry, sorry!") blowing past his shoulder and sending him staggering. Kenji thought, for a moment, that he'd be able to regain his balance; his foot caught on a stray root, however, and his face met the ground. Feeling vaguely dazed, Kenji rolled over onto his back and propped himself up on his elbows, eyes falling on Hibiki. A startled laugh escaped him; neither seemed to be terribly hurt. It was just an unfortunate mishap; bad timing, bad placement. Kenji swept the back of his hand along his cheek to brush away a bit of dirt, and then made a shrugging motion. "No worries."

xxxxxxxxHe noticed movement, and his gaze clipped to Ardent, who was starting towards them. Ena as well; she was pretty quick to help Hibiki to his feet. "Yeah, I'm good," he answered when she professed concern. Then, he, too, was helped, but rather than by Ena, it was Ardent. Kenji clapped his hand into the outstretched Ardent's and got back on his feet, grinning at the tank. "Thanks!"

xxxxxxxxKenji brushed himself off and fell into step amidst the others, a slight bounce to his step that betrayed his excitement. A bit too bouncy, though; as the mossy path grew slicker and slicker, one of his feet slid slightly, and though he did not fall again, Kenji threw his arms out instinctively to keep his balance, almost whacking Ardent in the process. A sheepish smile tugged at his lips, and he picked his following steps much more carefully. Soon enough, they broke through the undergrowth to find a gazebo. A soft ooh escaped him; he'd seen teleportation circles before, of course, but they were still pretty, with the soft blue glow, not to mention the gazebo itself was pleasant to look at.

xxxxxxxxOkay, he thought, as the feeling and sound of rushing enveloped the group. Time to get serious, though. This wasn't a joke—they needed to focus and pay attention. Resurrection scrolls or not, Kenji would rather them all stay alive. When the dungeon faded into existence around them, Kenji's first thought was dark. That wasn't particularly surprising. Once his eyes adjusted, he registered the trees. They were a bit off-putting, stretching seemingly endlessly upwards. Kenji listened quietly as Magenta mused openly about the new plants; he passed a critical eye over one of the trees, mind churning. Seemed to be just trees. The atmosphere was very ominous, though—which he supposed was sort of the point, given where they were, but something was really making his skin prick. Kenji couldn't identify what aspect of the floor was responsible, though, so he dismissed the feeling as nerves and nodded along to Magenta's words. "Puzzle floor sounds good to me," he commented. He always liked thinking his way through interesting, logical puzzles. "We shouldn't let our guard down, though, first floor or not. There could be stealthy monsters hanging around, or something." Not that he thought anyone would drop their guard here, but he said so regardless. Kenji trailed after Ardent, several paces back, eyes flicking from one place to the next, on high alert.

peaceful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♤ (𝟸)

Postby DuskzeHedgie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:20 am

𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖘𝖍𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘳
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────
      [LOCATION] Forest/1st Floor >> [FEELING] Tense >> [TAGGED] All >> [WC] 748 >>
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────
      [OOC] I listened to the background music the whole time while I wrote this. I even made up lyrics to go with it. X'D So catchy. ;-;

Speak of the devil; no sooner had she said his name than he appeared in the clearing. One of them certainly had excellent timing. She fixed her gaze on him; wondering if now would be the best time to hand off her acquisition. She watched him go through his usual habit of seeking out Ames and breaking into a smile upon finding her. Sometimes it annoyed her, other times she was envious of their friendship. Shade wasn't that close to anyone in the group; not that she intended to be. Still, she wished it was easier to catch his attention. Evidently being ignored on the off occasion was the price paid for being a shadow. Resentment bubbled under her skin for half a second, until his sight turned on her. With his cheery expression directed at the demon she barely managed to smother a grin in return. With most of the group here, her guard was up and she kept her demeanor carefully set between neutral and mildly annoyed. A facade that was even harder to keep up when stasis suddenly burst out of the forest from one of her only blindspots and nearly tackled Kenji clean over. Goodness sake, he could be such a klutz sometimes. At least their party was almost complete. I guess I'd better... She took a partial step in their direction but Ardent beat her to it. She definitely didn't want to speak to Kenji with the tank standing nearby. With her luck he would misconstrue the interaction and tease her mercilessly for it. She folded her arms, stymied, and turned away. She wound up staring straight at Seiryuu. So they were all here, then. It was time to get this show on the road.

While Maggie addressed the group Shade came to the realization that the healer enjoyed making rhetorical questions and statements. She took the lead and just like that, they were off. Ardent slipped ahead of Shade to take second in line, since Maggie usually liked to send him out ahead of her if things looked dangerous. (And here she was supposed to be the one with a "human shield" ability.) Ena tagged along behind him, looking a bit worried like she sometimes did. Kurai and Seiryuu would most likely stay at the back of the group, which left the rest of them to mingle in the center. For most of the hike she was at the edge of the group, although she found herself walking next to stasis at one point. She kept a very close eye on him when the path became dewy and slippery in case he lost his balance again. In this form Shade had talons rather than feet, ensuring her grip on practically every surface. If he fell she would catch him.
        She was happy to see the rest of the party had made it to the entrance in good order. The transport circle was a bit on the small side; she always worried about hitting someone with her horns (or Heimdall) when they were in close proximity. Fortunately the teleporting process completed without issue, and the next thing she knew they were in yet another forest. Bastion of Gaia. she reflected. Gaia is mother earth, of course there would be a lot of nature-themed rooms.

As they took in the scene from the first floor, Shade was once again forced to rely more heavily on her natural sight. There were no heat signatures in this section, as far as she could tell. The thing that bothered her most was undoubtedly the ceiling. If the foliage was thick enough to block most of the light, it would probably shroud any warmth from her infrared vision as well. "Heads' up. There could be anything in those trees." Her voice was as low as it could be while remaining audible to the whole party. When the new music slowly chimed in, the haunting melody sent chills down her spine- her arms prickled with goosebumps, the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end and she inhaled with exhilaration. She loved it.
        If there wasn't a small crowd with her she would've hummed along. With a sly grin directed at Heimdall she prowled to the border of the path, her "demonic visage" passive allowing her to all but vanish into the looming wall of shadows. If there were enemies here they could easily find themselves playing the role of hunted rather than hunter. Let's do this.
DuskzeHedgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me