[ εαģlε сɾεεќ ṃυṡταṉģ ɾαṉсh ] » øρεṉ

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: [ εαģlε сɾεεќ ṃυṡταṉģ ɾαṉсh ] » øρεṉ

Postby allo vera » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:21 am

-Beth-

tags;open

Beth was finally satisfied with her horse's stall. It was nearly spotless, although she couldn't find the new shavings. She supposed when the barn crew came through they would fix that. For now, Sammy would be fine. She stroked her gelding for a couple minutes, then left the barn. Entering back into the mustang arena, she noticed that everyone now had their horses in the pens. She scanned her surroundings, wanting to find someone to talk to. Her eyes fell on the instructor who'd helped her earlier. Hunter was lying on her back on her own horse, in the mustang pen. She gave a small smirk.

Beth did like the instructor. Of course, it was one of the only people she'd met so far, but still. The older woman may seem boring and sensible at first, but in reality she took risks that were exciting. That or she was one of those people who believed they had a "special connection" with their horses and that they would never be hurt. That was less exciting, Beth thought, and more stupid. Sure, she loved Sammy. She trusted him, a lot more than most people would. But she was also extremely careful around him as well. He was a big horse, and even if he didn't mean to he could spook or get rowdy. Beth absentmindedly rubbed her collarbone, remembering the fall that had caused the scar that ran along it. It hadn't been pretty.

She put the thought out of her mind, approaching the pen where Hunter was. On second thought, she wondered if perhaps she shouldn't interrupt her, she seemed rather relaxed. Then Beth shrugged. They'd be spending a lot of time with the mustangs later, Hunter would be fine if she interrupted.

"Hello." Beth said. "I got my mustang into the pen fine. How's yours?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

-Torin-

tags;Bishop, Andy

Bishop made his way over to Torin. He felt a bit of panic rising in his chest, but he did his best to squash it down. Not now. He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.
"Yes, I had a couple questions." he said, surprised at how steady his own voice sounded. Torin scanned his book again, he knew everything he wanted to say, but it gave him a couple seconds to break eye contact.
"Feeding - do we decide their diets and feed the mustangs ourselves? Also what have they been fed so far?" he asked.

This was the most important question he had so far. Torin thought his mustang was far too smart to be lured in by food, but maybe it would give them a starting point. He couldn't buy the bay's loyalty, but perhaps he could lure the gelding in enough to earn it. Torin glanced back up, feeling better. It was about his horse, not him. He did much better when he had a purpose for the conversation. And Bishop at least seemed friendly so far. He was glad it was this instructor and not the other that he would talk one-on-one with.
allo vera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dakotaawolven » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:41 pm

[ [ h u n t e r . r i l e n . . . twenty-two . . female . . tagged; open] ]

Hunter lay with her head resting on Dee's hindquarters as the mare stood to one side of the corral. Her mare shifted her weight every so often, but Hunter had been doing this for ears, so the shift in balance no longer bothered her. When she was younger, it had bothered her quite a bit. It had always made her feel like she was going to fall. But after so many years of doing this exact thing, she knew she wouldn't fall and she trusted her horse. Dee would take care of her like no other, Hunter knew. The young woman had one arm strewn across her stomach, the other hanging down, fingers brushing Dee's side whenever the mare moved.

while she lay on her mare, Hunter was pretty much ignoring the gelding that was in the pen with them. He was being quite a bit of trouble at the moment, not liking being this close to a human, it seemed. The beautiful blue roan would paw and strike the ground, ears pinned, even rearing up and threatening to charge at times. Though, if Dee thought he was being too threatening, she would pin her ears and bare her teeth, telling him to back off. Hunter would chuckle softly at this, the sound sending the gelding into a tizzy again.

[ [ a s h t o n . b l a y n e . . . nineteen . . female . . tagged; scott ] ]

Ash had closed her eyes and was sitting on the ground inside her gelding's pen, with her mare Memory at her side. She was listening to everything going on around her. The young woman could hear the horses breathing, the gelding pacing a bit, hoofbeats quick and then slow. Her dog lay just outside the corral, head on her paws, eyes closed. To anyone who saw them, it would look like both Ash and her canine companion were asleep. But they would be pretty far off the mark. Ash knew Maia was far form asleep. Unless they were in bed, the dog was always awake, ready to react if Ash needed her. Ashton was also far from sleep. She simply preferred to listen, rather than look.

The young woman sat with her legs out in front of her, hands in her lap, head resting against a bar of the fence behind her. As she was sitting, she heard foot steps coming from the direction of Scott and his horses. Without opening her eyes, she called out. "Hey Scott, care to sit and chat for a while?" she smiled, finally opening her eyes and turning her head to glance at him. She didn't know what it was, but she was drawn to him, and enjoyed his company. He was easy to talk to and that was refreshing and calming to her. Ashton was glad to have found someone she could talk to without fear or nervousness.
dakotaawolven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allo vera » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:08 pm

-Beth-

tags;hunter

Beth was finally satisfied with her horse's stall. It was nearly spotless, although she couldn't find the new shavings. She supposed when the barn crew came through they would fix that. For now, Sammy would be fine. She stroked her gelding for a couple minutes, then left the barn. Entering back into the mustang arena, she noticed that everyone now had their horses in the pens. She scanned her surroundings, wanting to find someone to talk to. Her eyes fell on the instructor who'd helped her earlier. Hunter was lying on her back on her own horse, in the mustang pen. She gave a small smirk.

Beth did like the instructor. Of course, it was one of the only people she'd met so far, but still. The older woman may seem boring and sensible at first, but in reality she took risks that were exciting. That or she was one of those people who believed they had a "special connection" with their horses and that they would never be hurt. That was less exciting, Beth thought, and more stupid. Sure, she loved Sammy. She trusted him, a lot more than most people would. But she was also extremely careful around him as well. He was a big horse, and even if he didn't mean to he could spook or get rowdy. Beth absentmindedly rubbed her collarbone, remembering the fall that had caused the scar that ran along it. It hadn't been pretty.

She put the thought out of her mind, approaching the pen where Hunter was. On second thought, she wondered if perhaps she shouldn't interrupt her, she seemed rather relaxed. Then Beth shrugged. They'd be spending a lot of time with the mustangs later, Hunter would be fine if she interrupted.

"Hello." Beth said. "I got my mustang into the pen fine. How's yours?"

-Torin-

tags;Bishop, Andy

Torin nodded as Andy answered part of his question. He had guessed the feeding regimen would be something along those lines, but it was good to have it confirmed. A snort caught Torin's attention briefly, and he glanced over to the source. The bay mustang, his bay mustang, was pacing the pen now, snorting and carrying on. Torin wasn't quite sure what the mustang was doing, and wasn't especially sure he really wanted to find out.
"Excuse me, sorry." he said to Andy, ducking away. "You mind if we finish this up in just a second?"

Torin assumed the other man would understand. The horses were the first priority, and the bay was acting strange. He's been relatively quiet before, so Torin was suspicious of his motives. So the young man jogged over to the pen, watching the mustang make his rounds. The bay would consider the walls before cantering across the ring and slide to a stop. Torin cocked his head to the side. What was he doing? The mustang did it yet again, and suddenly the meaning was dawned upon Torin.

"Oh crap..." he muttered. The bay was going to jump.

His eyes widened, and Torin fumbled with the latch. There was no way the bay would make it, and chances were he would get injured, or perhaps worse.... Torin's fingers shook, but eventually he got the latch undone. Torin stepped inside, waving his hands and trying to get the mustang's attention. Anything to get the bay distracted from his insane idea to jump.
allo vera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dakotaawolven » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:22 pm

[ [ h u n t e r . r i l e n . . . twenty-two . . female . . tagged; beth] ]

the gelding suddenly went into a rear and started acting up, which alerted Hunter to another presence. With a glance at the blue roan pacing and rearing across the pen from her and Dee, Hunter sat up and turned to see Beth walking up to her. The young woman smiled and shifted her weight on Dee's back. The pretty mare snorted softly and pricked her ears toward the new human.

Hunter chuckled at her mare and patted the horse's shoulder. "That's good, glad you got her in. This guy's good as I expected him to be. It'll take a bit to get him used to people. I have a feeling that if I tried anything with him now, I'd end up with a pretty decent set of injuries. But in the end, I think he'll make an amazing horse," she told the girl, smiling as she glanced over her shoulder to the gelding, still acing out.

Ash had closed her eyes and was sitting on the ground inside her gelding's pen, with her mare Memory at her side. She was listening to everything going on around her. The young woman could hear the horses breathing, the gelding pacing a bit, hoofbeats quick and then slow. Her dog lay just outside the corral, head on her paws, eyes closed. To anyone who saw them, it would look like both Ash and her canine companion were asleep. But they would be pretty far off the mark. Ash knew Maia was far form asleep. Unless they were in bed, the dog was always awake, ready to react if Ash needed her. Ashton was also far from sleep. She simply preferred to listen, rather than look.

The young woman sat with her legs out in front of her, hands in her lap, head resting against a bar of the fence behind her. As she was sitting, she heard foot steps coming from the direction of Scott and his horses. Without opening her eyes, she called out. "Hey Scott, care to sit and chat for a while?" she smiled, finally opening her eyes and turning her head to glance at him. She didn't know what it was, but she was drawn to him, and enjoyed his company. He was easy to talk to and that was refreshing and calming to her. Ashton was glad to have found someone she could talk to without fear or nervousness.
dakotaawolven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ post six. ]

Postby I'm done delete me. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:45 pm

[]PEYTON DAWSON
        xxxxxx age: twenty || gender: female || crush: andy || mustang: nova || outfit: wearing ||
        tags: savannah

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
        she looked towards savannah then at nova once more, it did seem that the two were getting on pretty well although it had only been a few minutes. the mare did seem like your normal mustang, she was quite calm and confident around humans. maybe she wanted to be apart of world, apart of the riders world or apart of peyton's world. it was oddly confusing why nova was so calm and settled. little that peyton knew that nova was trying to get the halter off as she rubbed against her leg, she probably wasn't use to a halter yet so she understood. she sighed softly as she didn't know whether to take it off her or not. peyton looked towards the savannah as she started to tell her the little story. she tensed a little as she thought that it may happen to her horse, she shook a little as it sent a shiver down her spine thinking about it. "i never thought a horse would try do that, thinking about it makes me cringe that it might happen to one of my horses" she said to her before looking at nova and sighed gently. then her attention turned back to the younger girl that she is talking to, she nodded to her "okay sounds good" she told her with a smile. she turned back to nova and slipped the halter off "i'll see you later nova" she said as she rubbed the mare's forehead before going to the gate and meeting savannah on the other side.
I'm done delete me.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ victoria anne ] post ## 1

Postby spring. » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:50 pm

victoria

you boys ever met a real country girl?
[ name ] ;; victoria anne johnson
[ age ] ;; nineteen
[ gender/ sexuality ] ;; heterosexual female
[ horse ] ;; moonshine
[ mustang ] ;; upchurch
[ tagged ] ;; whomever
    Crap, crap, crap. She thought as she leapt from bed. She's late. Very. She drags a brush through her long, blonde hair and ties it up, pulling it through the back of a Bass Pro camouflage hat. She pulls on a pair of worn Hollister jeans and a pair of dark brown cowgirl boots. She pulls a mint green tank over her head and her existing white camisole. She pulls a light jacket on over this and rushed downstairs. She rushed out to the barn and first made sure to check on Moonshine. She seemed okay. She then made her way out to the mustang pen and found one guy waiting for her. He was just a beautiful as she could ever imagine. He was frantic, as he was alone in the paddock. She entered very carefully, holding a rope halter and lead one piece in her hand.

With the other, she fished in her pocket for a spare mint wrapper; she always kept a few for her own mare. She found one, and crinkled it about in her hand. She watched the gelding carefully. He looked towards her, curious as to her purpose in this paddock, and what might be in her hand. She saw his nostrils flare, unsure of her. She stands still and lets him assess her at his will. She keeps crinkling the paper, knowing that his curiosity would bring him to her. "Come on, sweet heart," she cooed to the large beast. He must've been about fifteen and three quarters hands high. He moves closer, and she feels her breath hitch. Gosh, what a beautiful creature.

Finally, he approaches her and assesses the objects in her hands. He snorts, and takes to sniffing the human before him. He smelt something delicious on her, perhaps a stray mint or two. She raises her hand, and he looks at it, his nostrils flaring and his eyes widening. "Easy, big fella," she murmurs, carefully laying her hand on his neck. He tenses at her touch, and she leaves her hand there. She is sure not to make too many sudden movements. She wants a bond with this gelding, and rushing into anything will not help her case. He noses the rope in her hand and she opens it for him carefully. He puts his nose through, purely by chance (and she had another wrapper below the nosepiece). She ties the halter, and his head flies up. He realized he'd been deceived. He backs up, and she holds the end of the rope firmly in her hand. "Don't try going too far, big man," she commands firmly. But he backs up, thinking he can pull the small five foot five girl over. She holds her rope firmly, pushing her heels into the soft dirt.

"No sir!" She demands, and the command of her voice made him stop and consider her. She turns, the rope still firmly in her palm. "Let's find your home, yes?" She muses, leading him from the paddock. He was reluctant at first, but the pressure round his head made him cave and follow her quickly. He seemed very aware who would be in charge here. Despite the girl being small, she was mighty and she would not be ignored or overlooked.
spring.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allo vera » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 am

-Beth-

tags;hunter

Beth smiled. "He seems pretty excitable now." She took a moment to consider the gelding, watching him act out. He was well-built, she thought, and although right now he was rearing and restlessly pacing, she could imagine him as a riding horse. Her own mare, Faith, she had a harder time with imagining. The paint was considerably less aggressive, of course, but Beth simply could imagine all the steps she'd have to take to get the mustang mare rideable. In fact, she had a hard time imagining that Faith would ever be as finely tuned as Sammy. Sammy, oh right. She had meant to ask about the shavings.

"So I cleaned out Sammy's stall - my horse," she began, "but couldn't find any more shavings? At some point, not right now of course, could you show me where you all keep those?" she asked.

The wind picked up, tossing Beth's blue hair in her face. She frowned and pushed it away, fishing in her pockets for a ponytail holder. Finally finding one (although it was terribly old and looked like it might break any second), she pulled her hair back, tying it high and out of the way. The wind died down again, and it was still once more. She heard one of the instructors call for a meeting. Beth decided quickly that she would wait and walk to the meeting with Hunter. The older woman seemed nice enough, and more importantly it would probably be very rude to leave now.

-Torin-

tags; Andy

Andy was on the outside of the pen, and Torin noticed with satisfaction that the bay seemed discouraged from jumping by the presence of a human. And with the amount of fuss Torin was making, the mustang noticed him soon enough. The idea of jumping seemed to leave his mind quickly, as the gelding snorted and pinned his ears at Torin. Out of the corner of his eye, the young man saw Andy leaving. He resolved to thank the instructor at a later point. For now, he was focused on the mustang.

Eyes trained on the wild horse, Torin took an experimental step forward. The bay tossed his head away, but held his ground. Torin stepped forward again, making his body language far more aggressive. The mustang seemed reluctant, but took a step back to avoid the boy. Torin nodded in satisfaction. Obviously he didn't want the mustang to be afraid of him, per say, but he did want the bay to have some sort of respect. Torin looked around for something to entertain the mustang, although there wasn't much. He thought quickly of China's jollyball, but dismissed the idea just as fast. Not now, at least. Perhaps they'd play with it at a later date.

He heard Andy call them together, and made his way out of the round-pen, latching it firmly behind him. Torin ambled to the group that had started to assemble, listening to what the instructor had to say.
allo vera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby burnham » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:52 pm

xxxxxxxx
B I S H O P

male
staff
Vanderbilt
currently:
round pen

tagged:
andy, everyone

xxxxxxxx

Bishop's eyes darted between the round pens, checking on the mustangs and the humans that now belonged to them. It was important that everyone remained safe, Bishop didn't want to be the one to drive the first injured trainer to the hospital like he did last year. That was a day wasted in the emergency room that he could have gotten some training accomplished on his mustang, but he was the one to draw the short stick to take the girl to the ER. She suffered a broken elbow after a kick to the arm, but surprisingly she stuck it out and finished the training as much as she was able. Bishop had a hunch that she was flirty with one of the boys and he did most of the training of her mustang too, but as long as the job was done he was happy. Rolling his eyes at the memory, his attention turned back to Andy as he called everyone to gather round.

Bishop made his way over to where Andy was standing, assuming that he had to be up at the front of this meeting since he was one of the leaders of the crew this year. He leaned against the round pen, watching everyone leave their mustangs alone and join the group. Bishop knew that Andy was going to announce a barbecue and bonfire that was set to occur in an hour or two as they had talked about it earlier. The man wasn't much for these parties, but he knew that the trainers would probably like getting to know one another. Besides, this was perfect time to scope out his summer romance.

Once everyone had gathered around, Bishop spoke up. "How's everyone doing? I'm glad we all seem to be making progress on the mustangs. As always, ask any questions you may have, and just don't get hurt, alright?" he said, cracking a smile at the trainers as they watched on. Once he saw that no one was amused, he moved on. "Andy has some announcements to make, so listen up!" he added, eyes moving back to Andy to see what he has to say.

burnham

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dakotaawolven » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:31 am

[ [ h u n t e r . r i l e n . . . twenty-two . . female . . tagged; open] ]

The young woman smiled, watching the gelding for a moment. He was pacing at a trot, sliding stops and spinning to continue his pacing. As she watched him, Hunter payed close attention to the placement of his hooves and the rhythm of his movements. The horse was beautifully graceful, giving off the look of almost floating, flying over the ground. He would make a wonderful horse indeed.

At the question from Beth, Hunter's attention returned to the younger woman. The young woman was wondering where to get shavings for her horse's stall. "Yeah, no problem," then she heard Andy call for the meeting. "How bout I show you right after the meeting? I need to do Dee's stall anyways, too. Sound good?" Hunter smiled as she slid from her mare's back and slipped out the gate, latching it behind her. Then she glance at Beth and nodded toward the meeting. "Shall we?" she paused, waiting for Beth to accompany her.

Ash smiled thoughtfully. "That's a good guess, and is kind of reason behind that part, but that's what his nickname'll be. Be warned, I'm kind of a nerd, I want to call him King of Crossroads," she glanced at her mustang sheepishly, recalling one of her favorite characters on the show Supernatural. She blushed in slight embarrassment, but then grinned. She didn't think Scott would think worse of her for it. Or at least, she hoped he wouldn't, as he was the only one she felt quite comfortable around yet.

Scott mentioned Apollo, and Greek Mythology leaped into her thoughts. "Or like Apollo the Greek God!" she replied with a smile, trying to remember all of the different things Apollo was the god of.

When Scott headed over to his mustang, she turned to focus on hers. He seemed very curious about her and Memory, unsure as to whether he should approach or not. Ashton could feel her legs getting tired and sighed. The young woman slowly sank to the ground, legs out in front of her. Leaning her head back against the railing, she closed her eyes. This technique had worked when she trained Memory, perhaps it would work with the young mustang. She felt hot breath on her face and knowing it was Memory, she smiled. Her mare seemed to be standing guard over her.
dakotaawolven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me