PLEASE LOCK

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: Life in Tamriel \\ A Skyrim RP \\ Open & Accepting

Postby balto. » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:06 pm

⦓Conavin Brueric|Male Breton|19|Riften|Tagged: Raavi⦔
Conavin couldn't help but roll his eyes when the man practically leaped out of his seat when he saw the gem. People were so greedy at times, Brueric thought. He let out a sigh and accepted the potion and bandages, handing the gem to Bersi. He turned to Raavi, his annoyance replaced by concern when he saw her fur was on end. He didn't like the idea of a fully armed and angry woman inside a store, especially when there were several fragile things inside said store. He quickly grabbed Raavi's arm and started to lead her to the door, muttering a farewell to Bersi. "You can use the potion once we get out."
balto.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:55 am

Nicholas Storm - Male - 31 - Breton - College of Winterhold - Tagged: All alone again
Nicholas was not nearly as drunk as he sounded. After his third song, he tucked the lute away, bringing the mead bottle to his lips. The Breton never cared for mead, but Skyrim certainly wasn't known for its wines. Besides, it was some of the best mead he'd ever had, and it had enough alcohol to give him the confidence to play his lute in his weary hours. Nick noticed neither Altavia nor the Kajiit mage in the beginning, and remained blissfully unaware of what prank may have befallen him. Instead, he lifted the amulet off his chest, turning it towards him to study its features. The blue gem glittered in the candlelight, dotting a faint reflection onto the Breton's face. It gave him comfort. The dazzling, runed stone was the only thing he had to remember his home by. Nicholas ran his thumb over the gold engravings, the crest depicting a bird and the runes below giving the amulet meaning. "One day..." He promised. "One day I'm going back. Maybe they'll want me this time..." It was hard to try and reassure himself, but whether he believed it or not, Nick dropped the amulet and turned to his side, blowing out the candles before fading into sleep.

Darkness. This time, though, it was a recognizable darkness. The Soul Cairn. The mage realized. With his hands in his pockets, the mage wandered the dead land of black spires and crying souls, though oddly no souls were anywhere to be seen. "How odd..." He noted aloud, following the worn path. As far as realms od the dead go, the Soul Cairn was a lively one, as in it was quite populated. Seeing it so empty now... the scene put Nicholas on edge. "Hello?" He called, his voice carrying tenfold in the emptiness. The swirling sky offered no response. A shape appeared in the distance, and Nicholas instantly recognized it as his horse. Revitalized, he charged in that direction, stumbling when he saw the same shadowing riding it as before. Before the Breton could call out, both rider and steed vanished into a strange mist covering the realm. That's new, The necromancer stood and dusted the crumbly soil off his robes, perplexed by the mist. He'd never seen anything like it in any realm of the dead, Soul Cairn or otherwise. It was unnatural. Inside, he could faintly see a dark shape moving within its depths. It almost looked... "Durnehviir?" He spoke it almost as a whisper, but the roar that responded was not that of the realm's draconic protector. It was one of a much larger dragon, starving for power. A spirit came stumbling from the fog, eyes wide. "Saint Jiub!" He instantly recognized the Dunmer. "What happened? What's going on?" The ancient Dunmer didn't answer, but a rush of wind brought about a response. "By Azura, it's still after me!" He exclaimed, staggering to his feet. "You can't stay here, boy. It's not safe for the dead or the living." Nicholas didn't know how to respond, but he never got a chance. A second roar sounded, far closer than the last. "Fly, you fool! I can only grant you moments!" Nick couldn't move. His joints were locked as the ground shook beneath his feet, a spiny shadow crawling from the fog. Jiub shouted something else, but Nicholas no longer heard him, his attention locked on the creature mere feet in front of him. Its black maw open as it spoke, the Dunmer vanishing an instant, drawn into its body. "Jiub!" He screamed, entirely distraught. What just happened? He didn't know. Nick only saw himself alone with the colossal dragon, its red eyes blazing. His hands quaked at his sides, but he was too terrified to summon anything, much less defend himself against that sort of power. "Rii..." The dragon growled, forming a shout in the back of its throat. Nicholas would be dead any second.

The Breton awoke with a gasp, his chest tightening with each heavy breath. It's only a dream... Only a dream, Nick tried to steady his breathing, almost gasping for air at the moment. It seemed as though he wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kia. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:20 am

Eden Stormblade - Nord - Female - 21 - Between Windhelm and Kynesgrove - Open

The young woman passed Kynesgrove, not caring much for speaking with those around there. Bosco ran off to greet some of the miners, but he returned quickly with a leek in his mouth.
"You daft dog! Stealing a leek.." She pulled it out of his mouth. "Well.. I'd better make sure they at least know you took it.. No one wants a leek covered in dog slobber." She sighed, patting the dog and turning around. She hiked back up to Kynesgrove, notifying a resident of what had happened. She simply paid, then went off on her way. She hoped to be in the Rift soon. Eden planned to set up camp when she got there, as camping here in this climate as torture, even for a hearty nord like herself. Eden looked at the leek still in her hand and threw it a few yards up the path. Bosco rocketed after it, picking it up and sitting down as he waited for her to approach. "Lazy dog.." Eden pulled the leek out of his mouth. Bosco barked and got ready to chase after the vegetable again as her arm reeled back.
kia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lyneth » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Runa Kjordesen/ Female Khajiit / 22 / Whiterun / Slick

Runa frowned softly, not expecting this to be such a weak spot for him. Slick at first came off as confident, but she realized now just how unsure of himself he was. Almost like the confidence was just a way to protect himself. Eren would probably be able to provide more insight on this.
Smiling kindly, she gave a nod. "Well, why not?" She chuckled lightly before putting a hand on his shoulder. "Look, don't waste your life doing things that simply aren't you." Runa then glanced to her bag, then back to Slick with an excited look on her face. Getting up, she shuffled over to her satchel and dug through it, soon pulling out another book, or possibly a journal. With a dance in her step, she sat back down next to him, "Here. For you," she said and forced the book to his chest with a stern look. Her nordic accent rolled off her tongue, "It's a new book with blank pages. If drawing is as important to you as I think it is, then you shouldn't hold back."

In truth, for that moment Runa had completely forgotten the mysterious armor that looked akin to a good for nothing thief. Instead, she saw a human being. Perhaps her passion had simply carried her away, maybe causing her to project her own emotions on him?
When her eyes fazed back over the armor, in the back of her mind she now assumed he was possibly a hunter or something else that was innocent enough. Within only moments of meeting this guy and she already knew enough about him that he just couldn't possibly stoop to that level of pettiness. Who ever heard of an artistic thief, anyway? The two didn't go together.
Lyneth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vega. » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:05 am

(ooc; Hope you're doing better Kvey, i've got a swim meet this weekend so that's just a heads up in case I don't post for the next couple days)

A L T A V I A
    seventeen - breton - location: Winterhold, College - tags: npcs at the moment

The girl slept soundly at her table in the Arcanaeum, covered in Nick's cloak and illuminated by the couple candles sitting in the center. In contrast to the events in her day, she dreamt well of High Rock's sloping valleys and terraces, and nearer to her home, the oceans beyond Northpoint, and the towering jade forests behind it. She remembers wandering in on dares from her fellow friends into Rivenspire, sharing haunting stories of giant bats and blood-fiends that would eat children alive. However she never feared those oppressive crags, and that was a mystery in itself.

As Altavia slept, outside the walls of the College, a new company arrived in Winterhold, sweeping in like shadows. Silent in the snow and the wind. They were cloth over their faces, cloaks of ice wolf pelts. They scaled the walls of the college, discretely disabling magic barriers. Then they stopped. "We ought to have this done by daylight." muttered the smallest intruder, perched on the stone wall beside the gate. "Domina insists we leave no trace, that takes time." pointed out another, who paced back and forth along the wall, bow slung over her back. There were others waiting further down, surrounding the college. They did their work, and with one signal each and every one of them vanished into the steep ledges of the snowy mountain range. The pack's presence was mostly undetected, but they would return.

-- le time skip --

"Hey." Something prodded Altavia's back. "Hey, wake up." The voice said louder, nearly jabbing her spine now. The girl blinked opened her eyes, lifting her head slowly off the table and looking around as if to figure out where she was. Still in the Arcanaeum. Urag gro-Shub stood over her with a look of annoyance. Once he noticed she was awake he rolled his eyes and explained to her that she'd fallen asleep, and it was early dawn now, before trudging off to organize the shelves. Altavia stretched, wincing at a crook in her neck and the aching all over from sleeping in such an awkward position.
      "Make sure you put away those books before you leave, or take them with you when you go." The orsimer reminded her. She made a tired, guttural noise in response and looked at the tombs in front of her. There was no use in keeping the ones she already read, so reluctantly getting to her feet she picks up the stack and begins putting them away, eyes half closed. She just so happened to notice something tucked away in a nook between one of the shelves and the wall where she put away her last book. Reaching in she pulled out an old satchel. Strange for one to be, sure, but she was far too asleep still to be wary of her own suspicions. She carried it with her back to the table and lifted the flap to see what was inside, expecting books or maybe even alchemic ingredients, but what she did find made her eyes go wide.

She snapped the satchel shut, ready to bolt back to the Hall of Attainment, but as she spun around she nearly crashed into a tall altmeran man. It was the same Thalmor mage she and Nicholas ran into in the midst of an argument when they first arrived. He assumed an expression of disgust.
      "Another new apprentice, I see, and finding a place to nap in the Arcanaeum? I'd have thought the level of the mages here could be comparable to my own colleagues. I guess not." He looked down on her with his thick accent and narrow eyes. Those which glanced constantly at the satchel she hugged at her side. She carefully slung it over her shoulder and acted casually like any insulted student "Sorry we're not all up to your prestigious standards" She mocked apology and exited into the Hall of Elements, leaving Ancano in his own fumes. She heard him say "Watch your tongue, half-elf" or something of the like, and it's been a while since she was ever called such a thing. Maybe he didn't only mean it as an insult, but a fact. Either way, Altavia ignored him as she skipped down the stairs, holding the satchel as a reminder she wanted to tell Nick about her find.
vega.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kveykva » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Nicholas Storm - Male - 31 - Breton - College of Winterhold - Tagged: *stressing intensifies*
Just a dream, just a dream. It's not real. Then why am I so anxious? As much as Nicholas tried to put away the nightmare, something told him it wasn't just a fabrication of his subconscious. It was more than that. But how much more? The Breton paced back and forth in front of his, anxiously fumbling with the amulet around his neck, which did little to calm him now. The monotonous mulling of the Sigil Stone kept interrupting his train of thought, but drew his attention to Altavia's book. He snatched it up into his hands and flicked through the pages, finding the ones bearing the Dovahzul writing. The necromancer could think of no other trigger for his dream besides the Breton's Book of Wonders (or Nightmares, as more accurately described Nick's experience with the book). Though his knowledge of the dragon language exceed that of most of Skyrim's residents, it was still dwarfed by the grand pool of wisdom known by Durnehviir. Nick only possessed the ability to use two shouts, one of which simply called Durnehviir, Curse Never Dying as his name translated to. No matter how hard he focused on the words, they didn't form into any knowable phrases. All he could see was "Sovngarde" and "devour" as before.

Growing increasingly frustrated at his own incompetence, Nicholas flung the leather-bound book to the floor, letting out a frustrated cry. He was on the brink of pulling his hair out, his heart pounding in his ears. Nicholas immediately began to feel dizzy and took the doorway for support. His vision doubled, giving him a migraine. "I need to stay calm..." He breathed resting a hand on his chest. "I need to stay calm..." Nick repeated to himself, holding his head. A gust of blustery wind signified the brief opening and closing of the heavy wood door to the Hall of Attainment. He didn't bother looking up to see who it was.
Kveykva

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Skyrim RP \\ Post 91/24 \\ Dar'Zarina/Shade

Postby Durnehviir » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:46 pm

Dar'Zarina Javahaan \\ F \\ 30 \\ Khajiit \\ Tags: Malamar
    Dar'Zarina listened to the male and gave a soft chuckle. "Trust me, I would've killed her if she wasn't a deadra that serves under hermaeus mora. I didn't feel like engaging myself in his petty problems so I rejected her offer of helping." She stayed calmly. "Hermaeus would have me killed if I killed that useless bird." She said before standing up and he went to leave. "I'm sure we will run into one another again. Until next time sir." The khajiit added with a soft smile.

Shade \\ F \\ 23 \\ Dark elf \\ Tags: open
    Shade was riding Excalibur on the softly paved stones. The dark elf wasn't far from Riften and she hoped to get there sometimes tomorrow. She didn't want to admit it but she missed everyone that is down in the ratway, especially Brynjolf, he was like a father to her. The elf walked by a not-too-major city and people were bustling about. A dog was barking and a women had just ripped a leak out of his mouth. Shade chuckled softly to herself. "Ah, dogs. What wonderful creatures." The dark elf said to herself and didn't realize it was outloud.

Sorry for the late replies. I've been waiting for Apochrypha post.)
Durnehviir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Plucky » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Raavi Kinair/ Khajiit/ Nightingale/ Mood: *Almost non-existent, internal screeching*/ Female/ 22/ Tags; Conavin

"Oh, thank you for buying the potion. It's really going to help." Raavi stated gratefully, still on-edge from the pain. Since Conavin was rushing her out of the store, she was forced to move quickly, and put more pressure on her ankle. She hissed for a short moment, then stopped herself. The Nightingale only hissed when she wanted to intimidate or get a point across, and this wasn't the time for either. "Conavin, you're going to get all the ale you can drink for this." she promised, grinning. Raavi was well-aware of how wealthy she was, and wanted to burn a little coin for some fun.

Slick/ Brenton/ Thief/ Mood: Happy./ Male/ 19/ Tags; Runa.

Slick looked down at the floor, thinking. Runa was right. He hadn't seen his mother in years, and he doubted that she would try to track him down. Especially when she seemed to hate him so much. He felt the book being pressed closed to him, not expecting the act of kindness. He looked down at it, smiling sincerely. "Thank you. I appreciate it!" he beamed, thinking of something. "Here, let me pay you back." Slick smiled, rummaging around in his pockets. He pulled out a silver and emerald circlet, handing it to Runa. "After all, a beautiful lady can never have too much jewelry." he said.

Maramal the Sharper/ Redguard/ Assassin/ Mood: Rushing/ Male/ 27/ Tags; None.

Maramal was surprised at the information, but didn't have time to think it over. He was on a time crunch now, since the pristine time of killing wouldn't stay forever. He waved his hand in a goodbye, not sure how he really felt about all of things they spoke about. Had he showed too much of his past? Or too much emotion? Resting his hand on his daedric sword, his steps light and swift. This would be a easy mission, almost child's play. It was only a matter of time before he went into the shop and ended Endarie, and that would be no problem. He had gotten used to the idea of ending another persons life by now. The feelings were all numb to him now, expect for a choice few that Marmal would not like to mention.
Captain Plucky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kia. » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Eden Stormblade - Nord - Female - 21 - Between Windhelm and Kynesgrove - Open

Eden tossed the leek again, glancing back when she heard someone speak. She laughed. "Dogs? Wonderful creatures?" She shook her head as Bosco bounced over with the leek. "I suppose so, but I'm not really one of the lucky ones. This fur ball is as tough as a rock.. I could probably say he's as dumb as one too." She pat Bosco. "Aren't ya, boy?" Bosco barked, dropping the leek. The vegetable was coated in dog slobber, and slapped against the cobblestone path. "Urgh, if you think I'm throwing that again you're in for a surprise. Throwing that would give me a shower that I don't want." She kicked it away, laughing as the dog went after it again.
kia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Skyrim RP \\ Post 92/25 \\ Dar'Zarina/Shade

Postby Durnehviir » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Dar'Zarina Javahaan \\ F \\ 30 \\ Khajiit \\ Tags: Malamar
    The khajiit waved her hand in return and let out a small sigh as she watched the male leave. He never gave her his name but she understood they were complete strangers to each other. Dar'Zarina slowly closed the door before walking back to her bed and laying down. Kicking off her boots and laying all her extra items on the ground, the khajiit pulled up her blankets and drifted off into sleep.

Shade \\ F \\ 23 \\ Dark elf \\ Tags: Eden
    Shade flushed underneath of her hood as she realized her words were spoken outloud. The dark elf remained on her steed as she looked down at the two. "At least they're loyal." She said with a smile. "Id say most dogs are smart, but in their own terms. They can understand us but we can't understand them. They listen when they want too and tend to get themselves into trouble but they will love us no matter what." Shade spoke calmly before shrugging lightly. "I'd have a dog of my own if I wasn't constantly moving." The dark elf stated.
Durnehviir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me