GONE - A Stranded Island Roleplay - O/A

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

GONE - A Stranded Island Roleplay - O/A

Postby Artex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:28 am

Spring is a time of birth, a time of renewal, just as summer is a period of growth and experience, especially to the young minds eager to grasp adventure. At the emergence of the summer season, a number of people find themselves unexpectedly boarding a jetliner - each for their own reasons, positive or negative. And soon, to the tune of a destination getaway advertisement on the televisions, mirroring the last minute ilk of their initial board of aircraft, they find themselves in a dangerous situation... their plane has collapsed from the sky, and has begun folding into the ocean.

Will they survive? Will they find rescue, or more importantly in their time of peril, land? Why do the terms Cockatoo Cove and Salainen Sarastus seem familiar?

This is a literate/semi-literate stranded-based, survival roleplay. Our characters will find themselves on a doomed holiday, and will need to navigate from the plummeting plane, to the wreckage in the vast waters, to hopeful land, and to what (or who) might exist on that land. They are all seemingly different with no connection; their only similarity is having had the truly horrid luck of being a part of the situation that they are in.

OOC Thread

Last edited by Artex on Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
Artex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GONE - Rules & Requirements

Postby Artex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:30 am

Index
1. Introduction
2. Rules
3. Character Applications
4. Character List

• This is a literate/semi-literate roleplay. I understand when the inspiration is low, and only a paragraph can be mustered, but please pay attention to this rule. Enough detail, scene progression, and respect must be given to allow proper development.

• Please remember to line-break between large walls of texts. Paragraphs, paragraphs, paragraphs. I have a hard time working with material from my partners when I can't see where I left off.

• It is preferred that a basic format of bolding character speech and italicizing character thoughts is used.

• We have a responsibility to wait a reasonable amount of time for all participants to post. There should be a general posting order between us all, but, if necessary, a couple between two is allowed if things are slow.

• If you are to be absent, I ask for notification. While I won't remove a person merely from disappearing, I will continue the roleplay -- and if the characters are left behind, or are unused for an extensive period, then it is unlikely that they will be able to reintegrate and may thusly be killed off. Contact me privately with any questions.

• There is to be no godmodding, powerplaying, Mary-Sues, or supernatural abilities or characteristics (i.e. naturally pink hair, multi-colored eyes beyond normal circumstances.) Characters may not be one-dimensional.

• Romance is permitted. While this isn't a romance-based plot, there is a certain poetic nature about survival and trialsome events. Be creative, and do not force things without natural progression.

• Observe the ChickenSmoothie TOS. There is to be no detailed writing of excessive gore, feeding, or death.

• Please include "SOS" somewhere in your application if the rules have been read.

• Members may have a maximum of two characters, unless specifically given permission by myself. In general instances, I request that one must be male and one must be female. If you have questions, contact me privately.

• Please use original characters. I would also prefer it if characters were created with special attention to keeping things interesting -- meaning, as much as I enjoy reusing my own characters in various plots sometimes, I'd like to see lesser known faces here.

• Remember to acknowledge all characters, even if it is just in passing (i.e. "He passed his gaze in the direction of the red-headed boy, though quickly returned sight to the lips of the woman speaking.") It is a defeated feeling to see people trickle off because other members are only concerned with certain characters/participants.

• Make an attempt to keep the gender ratio even. I am not too concerned if the numbers are off a bit, though.

• Do not begin until I have either submitted my first post or have given another player permission to do so.

• There is limited space in this roleplay. I plan on capping off at five or six members (not including their characters.)

• This is an original roleplay. Please show respect and decency by not duplicating it here or elsewhere.

• Applications must be submitted PRIVATELY to my INBOX. They will be looked over, and will either receive acceptance, rejection, or suggestions to improve their chance.
Last edited by Artex on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Artex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GONE - Character Applications

Postby Artex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:34 am

Full Name: (First, Middle, Last; or whatever is applicable.)
Nickname: (Optional.)
Weight: (It can be tentative. If you are unsure, just describe.)
Eyes:
Hair:
Predominant Feature(s):
Detailed Appearance: (Elaboration from the above slots.)
Personality:
Career: (Or whatever is applicable.)
History: (Optional, or minor details.)
Other:
Character Owner: (Username.)

Please submit this privately to my inbox.
Last edited by Artex on Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Artex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GONE - A Stranded Island Roleplay

Postby Artex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:34 am

Gender Ratio
Male: 7
Female: 5 (possibly 6)

Overview
Christopher Cameron Collingwood | 27 | Male | Artex
Nancy Deanna Gabrielli | 28 | Female | Artex
Ambrosia Kane "Ambrie" | 24 | Male | Black Dreamscape
Penelope Rose Lancaster "Poppy" | 19 | Female | Sarcastic Kitty
Azalea Quinn Lancaster "Leia" | 19 | Female | Sarcastic Kitty
Queenie Xaniya Logan "Xaniya" | 21 | Female | _Tiller_
Karson Lee Beckham V | 19 | Male | _Tiller_
Loren Cohen | 26 | Female | Saxhleel
Robin Josef Isak | 21 | Male | Headphone Actor
Azriel Edwin Brynley "Bryn" | 23 | Male | adjectiveNoun
• --
• --

------

Full Name: Ambrosia Kane
Nickname: Ambrie (where he comes from "ambrosia" is a word for opiates, and he'd much rather be known by his nickname)
Height: 5'8"
Weight: Below average. Only slightly above "unhealthy."
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Brunette, short but messy
Predominant Feature(s): Wears "aviator's goggles" that are actually just modified diving goggles. Part of his hair sticks up often, but he doesn't try to fix it.

Detailed Appearance:
Ambrie's personality isn't the only bright thing about him- his shirts are yellow (albeit faded), his goggles are yellow, and the amulet with a creepy face on it around his neck shines a brilliant gold. (Not real gold, definitely not.) The fake aviator's goggles are just cloth painstakingly stitched over the swimwear part, with the frames changed and painted so they look authentic. His clothes are prone to patchwork and stitches, and his skin is a tan a shade lighter than his hair.

Personality:
Cheerful and peppy like there is absolutely nothing in the world to worry about. Uses the age-old coping method of Pretending Problems Don't Exist and pushing them deep down inside and forgetting them. Actually smarter than he seems- just because he'll do dumb things doesn't mean he is dumb. Uses puns a little too much... the type of person to crash-land on a deserted island, say, and claim that S.O.S. actually stands for Sort Of Stranded, so we're fine! It's not like we're completely stranded!

Career:
Part-time job at the local supermarket. Dreams of piloting an airplane someday.

History:
Grew up in the ghetto neighborhood of the city, pretty much penniless and alone. Only on this plane because he won a vacation at the yearly prize drawing held in his workplace. Incredibly stoked to be on a plane!!! Ohmygod a plane!!! It flies!!! In the sky!!1!

Other: If it flies, he loves it. Will almost definitely suggest making an airplane to escape their predicament.
Character Owner: Black Dreamscape

Full Name: Karson Lee Beckham V
Nickname: Karson, Cinco
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 195lbs, athletic and fit.
Eyes: Dark brown
Hair: Dark brown
Predominant Feature(s): Chest tattoo. Nose and ear piercings.

Detailed Appearance:
--

Personality:
Friendly, kind, compassionate, ambitious, creative, generous, responsible, dependable, honest, jealous, trust issues, hard-headed, bossy, opinionated, and possessive. Likes football, loyalty, challenges, olive green (for some reason), the Superbowl, family, short girls, music, and name brand clothes. Dislikes liars, stereotypes, police, being underestimated, mustard, and lack of support. No pet peeves.

"I'm pretty athletic, observant, dependable, friendly, smart, and up for any challenge. Having trust issues, I can also be a bit jealous when it comes to relationships. Although, I can be very generous and caring when it comes to those I love. Football is my favorite sport and I've been playing it since I was in 2nd grade."

Career:
--

History:
"I'm the fifth generation child named Karson Lee Beckham. My family calls my Cinco for short, though, and you can too. My birthday is January 1st, making me a Capricorn and a New Year's baby. I'm the middle child of seven with 4 biological siblings and two adopted siblings. My mother's side of the family is Irish & Brazilian, while my father's side of the family is Afro-Barbadian.

It was pretty hard growing up in that small, south Chicago, 3-bedroom apartment. As more babies were born or adopted, it became more cramped with no option but to start sleeping on the floor. Once the seventh baby was born, I knew then that Its was time for me to move out. I moved out of the apartment when I was 13 and lived with my aunt until I graduated high school."

Other: Parents are Aleaha Beckham and Karson Beckham IV. Six siblings (four biological, two adopted.) His cousin is Xaniya. Has a Basenji dog named Kozer.
Character Owner: _Tiller_

Full Name: Robin Josef Isak
Nickname: RoJo, but just Robin is fine
Height: 5' 5''
Weight: He's not overweight by any means, but he certainly isn't a twig. Maybe just slightly above average for his size.
Eyes: A clear and calming light hazel-brown, with a dark 'freckle' in his right eye.
Hair: Unkempt and a sandy dark brown. Fairly puffy and usually brushed to one side.
Predominant Feature(s): He wears one of those girly half-heart bffs necklaces and refuses to take it off at anytime unless it's in danger of getting lost or destroyed. He's also got a long slash scar on the left side of his neck that is easily seen and best left unspoken of.

Detailed Appearance:
Robin is a pretty short guy that somewhere down the line inherited that asian, almost beige skin tone. He only really knows that the Korean part comes from his mother's side. His eyes are slightly small, along with his other facial features such as his nose, ears, and mouth. His cheek bones aren't well defined and his forehead is only a bit larger than average. RoJo's physique is stocky but his legs are a tad longer than his torso. Overall, he'd describe himself as pretty average.

Personality:
Robin is observant and contemplative. He's definitely level-headed and more on the anti-social side, but in an emergency he's there for everyone and is just as human. RoJo has a suttle and sarcastic sense of humor that he isn't afraid to use. He's really a big worrywart teddy bear and his exterior isn't that hard to get past. He likes to play it safe and can be quite submissive, but he's a loyal friend. He has a quiet anger that troubles him in the back of his mind and he does his best not to let it interfere with day-to-day interactions. He doesn't work well under pressure and doesn't think too highly of himself.

"Honestly, I'm just a regular, fear-driven human being that wants nothing more than a peaceful life."

Career:
He's jumped from job to job and was still going through college when he won this trip. He was working as your average Joe folding clothes in the back of some mall.
History: He'll tell you he had a normal, if not good childhood. And he did, but there was hardly anything noteable that happened. He had the same girlfriend through highschool until there was an 'accident'. He gives no information on the matter or the current relationship between them. He headed off to college after a year long phase of 'what do I want to do' before he joined a university to pursue a career specialized in.... cooking.

"I will be the chefiest chef of chefness in all chefdom." Was his resolve.

Other: SOS - Sugar Or Salt
Character Owner: Headphone Actor

Full Name: Azriel Edwin Brynley
Nickname: Bryn
Birthday: September 9th (Virgo)
Height: 5'10.3 feet/~179 centimeters
Weight: 136 pounds/62 kilograms
Eyes: Blue, almost gray
Hair: Brunet, but due to excessive stress levels as a child-teenager gray hair is already filtering in.
Predominant Feature(s): His goofy hair and British accent.

Detailed Appearance:
Bryn has very fair skin that clings to his skeletal frame. His coarse hair is usually cut and combed nicely. He wears black-rimmed glasses that deal with his near-sighted left eye and far-sighted right. Left cuspid tooth is chipped from a tricycle accident at age six. He overdresses for most occasions in white slacks, black collared button-ups, and a navy vest brought together with a purple (his favourite colour) tie.

Personality:
Bryn is an unexpected extrovert. He can be a rather jealous and lustful person, but that's not commonly discovered. A little on the nerdy side, but it's not really a bad thing. Productive, germaphobic, and obsessively compulsive.

Career:
Forensic Pathologist

Other: Bisexual
Character Owner: adjectiveNoun

------

Full Name: Penelope Rose Lancaster
Nickname: Poppy
Height: 4'9''
Weight: 93lbs, petite and slender.
Eyes: Stormy blue
Hair: Dark ginger
Predominant Feature(s): --

Detailed Appearance:
Pale, fair, and freckled skin tone. Has a conservative and feminine clothing style.

Personality:
Warm, caring, compassionate, timid, closed off, shy, intelligent, independent. Likes reading, dancing, and animals. Dislikes swimming and meeting new people. Fears thunder, clowns, and drowning.

Career:
--

History:
Penelope and Azalea were born on December 19th in Paris, France during one of the worst snow storms in French History. Unable to get to a hospital, their mother and father were forced to go it alone and luckily, there weren't any complications. From the day they were born, the girls were inseparable. They did everything together, overcoming every obstacle from Poppy almost Drowning when they were three, to finding out Leia is Dyslexic. They were eight when their little brother was born and they immediately took to being big sisters, coddling their baby brother right from the start.

The girls grew up in the city, going to an elite boarding school where Poppy made it as the school's brainiac and Azalea made it as the school's queen bee. Regardless though, they stuck together through it all, especially the premature death of their parents. They were devastated, especially when they had to leave Paris to live with a relative in the states. This vacation was supposed to be a way to get away for awhile, and Benji was originally supposed to join them but he fell ill right before the trip and couldn't travel.

Other: Sister is Leia.
Character Owner: Sarcastic Kitty

Full Name: Azalea Quinn Lancaster
Nickname: Leia
Height: 4'11''
Weight: 98lbs, petite and slender.
Eyes: Stormy blue
Hair: Dark ginger
Predominant Feature(s): --

Detailed Appearance:
Fair, tan, and freckled skin tone. Has a daring and flirtatious clothing style.

Personality:
Outgoing, witty, charming, impatient, dyslexic, intuitive, protective, loyal. Likes flirting, animals, and shopping. Dislikes reading, math, and being wrong. Fears falling in love.

Career:
--

History:
Penelope and Azalea were born on December 19th in Paris, France during one of the worst snow storms in French History. Unable to get to a hospital, their mother and father were forced to go it alone and luckily, there weren't any complications. From the day they were born, the girls were inseparable. They did everything together, overcoming every obstacle from Poppy almost Drowning when they were three, to finding out Leia is Dyslexic. They were eight when their little brother was born and they immediately took to being big sisters, coddling their baby brother right from the start.

The girls grew up in the city, going to an elite boarding school where Poppy made it as the school's brainiac and Azalea made it as the school's queen bee. Regardless though, they stuck together through it all, especially the premature death of their parents. They were devastated, especially when they had to leave Paris to live with a relative in the states. This vacation was supposed to be a way to get away for awhile, and Benji was originally supposed to join them but he fell ill right before the trip and couldn't travel.

Other: Sister is Poppy.
Character Owner: Sarcastic Kitty

Full Name: Queenie Xaniya Logan
Nickname: Xaniya, Niya
Height: 5'1''
Weight: 116lbs, lean and slightly curvy.
Eyes: Black/dark brown
Hair: Dyed seafoam green, periwinkle, baby blue, pale blue, lavender.
Predominant Feature(s): Tattoos (left rib, left thigh), and piercings (ears, bellybutton.)

Detailed Appearance:
--

Personality:
Dependable, fun, down-to-earth, calm, friendly, social, observant, honest, quick-tempered, picky, stubborn, easily bored, and moody. Likes volleyball, cheerleading, blue, having fun, shopping, hanging out with people, and camping. Dislikes ignorance, liars, players, bullies, bananas, kiwi fruit, cats, and skateboarding. Pet peeves include standing in one place or sitting still.

"Hey, hey, hey! I'm Xaniya Logan. My first name is actually Queenie, but I'm named after my mom so I just have everybody call me by my middle name. I also respond to Niya. My birthday is May 26th and yes I'm a Taurus. I can give anybody my horns at anytime. I'm stubborn, but to be technical... isn't everybody stubborn to a certain extent? I'm described as calm, fun, friendly, dependable, and a peace-maker. However, I can also be mean, lazy, quick tempered, and secretive."

Career:
--

History:
"I was born and raised in the Barbados before I moved to the U.S. at the age of twelve. I'm not scared of being on an island surrounded by water because well, I was born on an island, hahaha. So if I talk, you'll hear an accent, but don expect me to speak another language because English (American) is all we speak there. I have three older brothers and a five month old baby sister. My dad passed away from kidney failure when I was six years old.I was his only daughter. I miss him.

Anyway, I've been a varsity cheerleader since the tenth grade and played volleyball in the 8th and 9th grade. I love, love, love, love, love Macaroni & Cheese! Mac 'n Cheese is life. Oh, yeah, I also own two pet Airedales, and my favorite color is blue."

Other: Parents are Queenie Nicole Logan and Harry Logan (dec.). Has three brothers and one sister. Her cousin is Karson.
Character Owner: _Tiller_

Full Name: Loren Cohen (of German origin)
Nickname: N/A May be given by other members.
Height: On the taller side, five foot eleven.
Weight: A bulky body, well muscled and strong, stocky and tall, imposing. She's clearly worked on her fitness.
Eyes: Green, pale, often have to be squinted at/are confused for blue.
Hair: A natural set of copper and auburn hues.
Predominant Feature(s): Her lips, round and full, her physique in general is unnatural for a woman.

Detailed Appearance:
Loren is first and foremost a noticeably tall woman, with the bulk of your average fit, gym-going man. She is not particularly curvy, her hips and breast are not prominent under all her muscle. She has broad shoulders, defined arm and leg muscles and a strong, flat, though not defined stomach. Her skin is milky white, very pale and dappled with light freckling, her vibrant red hair allowing her to be picked out of a crowd rather easily. At the beginning of the roleplay it will be cut relatively short, shaven on one side and done pulled over where its longer, but will grow longer the longer they are stranded of course. Her clothing choice is mostly slobb-y or for comfort, joggers and vests, the occasional pilled sweater. Nothing restrictive if she can help it and only when she's worked out would she wear anything tight or form fitting.

Personality:
Brash and a little bit dense, she could be described as a 'bull in a china shop' but is often quite harmless with it. Despite having the muscle to fight her way out of a corner she is rarely needlessly aggressive or the first to throw a punch. She has a remarkable patience for someone so loud and tactless. She enjoys the company of others and will usually seek them out, she is known for her booming laughter and isn't afraid to embarrass herself. Loren also has a more hidden motherly streak, and on occasion can be gentle and calm. When a person gets very close to her, though awkward, she will comfort her distressed friends and lovers and has a quiet, thinking, feeling side.

She fears Thunder.
Suffers from night terrors - A dreamless sleep that deeply disturbs its victims, they are often un-aware one has occurred aside from an unnatural fatigue the next day, but it can be quite frightening for anyone who witnesses it.

Career:
I haven't got much for her, I was thinking on the terms of an athlete, probably not famous or anything too far-fetched, but a competitive weight lifter or boxer perhaps

History:
Born in Germany. Has a nuclear family of mother, father, and younger sister, whom she loves and gets on with well. She has always been a 'tomboy' and would often engage in sports as soon as she figured out what an afterschool club was. Lucky in her normality

Other: She is a Lesbian.
Character Owner: Saxhleel
Last edited by Artex on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:53 am, edited 16 times in total.
Artex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: GONE - A Stranded Island Roleplay

Postby Artex » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:35 am

Artex

My pets