The Dollhouse Murder ✄ No more slots

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

The Dollhouse Murder ✄ No more slots

Postby John Strider » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 am

In 1940, an all female boarding school was constructed to provide the best education that aristocratic upper class households could buy.
It was quickly nicknamed 'The Doll House' by the first few students because of the uniforms the school required. It was designed to make the students look like perfect little dolls.
The girls whose parents could actually pay for the school wore white, cream, or other pastel dresses, while the girls who were on scholarship wore black or dark colored dresses. This happened to cause tension between the two groups.
The rift was only intensified by the fact the scholarship students were not allowed on the upper floor, which was reserved for paying students.

It came as a shock one day when one of the young girls in the clad white skirts was found dead in one of the upper floors pristine bathrooms. The police looked desperately for clues as to who could carelessly murder such a lovely, well-liked girl. This murder causes more tension between the two groups of girls, and a strict curfew is put in place to keep them from doing anymore harm. The true question is: who committed this crime?

-------------------✄-

- No mary/gary sues
- Romance is allowed but seeing as it's an all girls school it will only be lesbian romance. If you don't approve of this then this isn't the rp for you.
- Even though I have provided a form with the minimum of what you need, I ask that you make your own or pretty it up.
- I want pictures to be realistic, lolita/gothic lolita type pictures. I have a few examples if you need them
- Unless you tell me which skirt color you'd like to reserve, I won't reserve a slot for you. Nor will I ask you if you don't tell me.
- This is not first come first serve. If I don't think your character or writing is up to par, I won't accept you and pick someone else.
- You have 24 hours after reserveing to post your form! I have lots of people who asked for reserves too late so if you can't spend the time you'll be replaced.
- All of CS/Tess' rules apply
- Who the killer is is meant to be a secrete.
- Who 'Dun it? I will assign a random person through PM to be the killer. Please be willing and able.

-------------------✄-

Full name::
Goes by::
Dislikes::
History::
Personality::
White or Black skirts::
Who do you think is the killer::
Appearance::

-------------------✄-

White skirt slots
- Aster Quincy Statince
- Naina Elin Brynnlee
- Lilac Lilian Front
- Jiayi Feng

Black skirt slots
- Ophelia Weathers
- North Vail Sinclaire
- Jessica Hwang
- Trinity
Last edited by John Strider on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:20 pm, edited 13 times in total.

,。☆・゚:*。・:*:・゜’  ・:*:・:*:・゜,☆・゚:* 。・:*:・゜Tʜɪs ᴛᴏᴏ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴘᴀss,。・:*:・゜☆・゚・:*:: ☆・゚:* *,。・:*:・゜

John Strider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Dollhouse Murder ✄

Postby tsun » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Deleted
Last edited by tsun on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsun // she/her // mst
tsun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby John Strider » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:39 pm

@ ~вє¢αυѕє ι'м нαρρу~
I'm not entirely convinced by the looks of your form your quite literate as I'm looking for. Nor does the style of your character quite fit the theme... >///<
Could you provide an example post? (An example of a normal post for you) and new character image? The rules state what I'm looking for there, I have examples too...

,。☆・゚:*。・:*:・゜’  ・:*:・:*:・゜,☆・゚:* 。・:*:・゜Tʜɪs ᴛᴏᴏ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴘᴀss,。・:*:・゜☆・゚・:*:: ☆・゚:* *,。・:*:・゜

John Strider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tsun » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:23 am

(I'm sorry, but I never really do roleplays like this. If that doesn't work then I don't know what else to really do and I can't join. Again, sorry)
tsun // she/her // mst
tsun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Dollhouse Murder ✄ Seven open slots

Postby MissBorderCollie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:54 am

NAINA
┏━─━─━━─━━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┓
Full name Naina Elin Brynnlee
Goes by She's most frequently called by her first name, Naina, but some people also call her Elin.
She doesn't care which name one uses as long as she knows that they're referring to her.

Age16
White or Black skirts White.

┗━─━─━━─━━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┛

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

┏━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┓
Appearance
Naina is quite small for her age and very doll-like in appearance. She stands at around 150 centimeters, is light-built, looks rather fragile and most of all, much younger than she actually is. Her skin is fair, porcelain-like and almost flawless, except for a thin scar running down her right palm. Because of her pale complexion she has to avoid bright sunlight so she doesn't get sunburnt. That's why she is often seen carrying a parasol on sunny days or staying inside. She's got a small face with rosy, puffy cheeks and some freckles.Her hair is slightly wavy, its color is somewhere between light brown and ginger. It's of waist lenght with a neatly cut fringe in front. She has a pair of beautiful, round,light turquise eyes. Sometimes Naina can be seen wearing glasses when reading as she is slightly long-sighted.

Clothing style
Classical lolita; Most of her outfits are in warm brown or beige shades, sometimes with a hint of light green or deep red. She likes flower patterns on fabric, well-made details and quality lace. When it comes to fashion, she prefers to keep her look simple but at the same time beautiful. Naina dislikes high heels, even on lolita shoes, and very rarely wears makeup. However, she loves hair acessories, bonnets and headdresses so she is rarely seen without one.

History
Naina was born and raised in London as an only child of rich parents who both played in the orchestra. Her father was a british pianist and her mother a french violinist. However, Naina never developed any talent in music and has always preferred the peaceful, quiet home study filled with books over the concert hall. One might think that a child like her was very lucky as she could get almost anything she desired but that is far from the truth. Her mother died soon after Naina was born so she was raised by her strict father who had very high expectations for the little girl.
Naina often had an impression that her father saw her as a replacement for her dead mother rather than as a unique person as he never bothered to understand her. He didn't want her to learn bad manners from other kids either so she was home schooled and never had much chances to play with children of her age which led to her lack of social skills. Despite her lack of talent and interest for music, he insisted on her taking violin lessons every day and also entering contests in order to follow her mother's footsteps.
Naina hated those lessons more than anything but she put up with them so she wouldn't make father angry as that could mean punishment. Instead, she just kept on playing her role of a well-behaved child when necessary and took every chance she had to live in her dreamworld, full of pretty pictures, books and roses.
She never had any friends, nor did she know what having a friend even means but she often longed for company of other children that she sometimes saw trough the window of her room, playing on the street. However, she was never allowed to leave the house on her own.
As she grew older, Naina's attempts to free herself from her father were getting more and more frequent. By then she has already learned that openly resisting and refusing to play never worked out so her tactics became more sophisticated. She would fake various illnesses or keep finding other excuses just so she could avoid practicing violin and thus have more time for doing things she enjoyed. That worked for some time but it also made her father grow stricter, not taking her excuses and illnesses seriously anymore, making her practice even more. He often told her how pathetic and good for nothing she is or even called her a disgrace to the family. Although such remarks hurt a lot, she always hid her emotions, waited until it was over and cried only when she was alone, hoping that no one noticed her weakness.
But one day she couldn't take it anymore and cut her palm on the strings of her violin so she was unable to play for a while because of injury. The cut was deep, it took a while for it to heal completely and even then it left a scar. After her recovery, she never played as well as she used to again and it finally made her father realize that he's gone too far. He let her quit and enrolled her into an elite school. The Dollhouse, hoping that she would develope some talents there and become successful someday.

Personality
Naina is a quiet girl who spends most of her time alone, preferably in a library or with a cup of tea. It seems like she is living in her own world where there's no place for anyone else but herself.
She is kind but hard to approach as she rarely talks unless anwsering a question(or she even ignores questions if she doesn't feel like anwsering them) and behaves very formally most of the time. She seems more like a refined lady than a normal sixteen year old girl, her etiquette is nearly flawless and she almost never shows her real emotions.
In a conversation, Naina always avoids asking anything personal so she wouldn't be asked the same as she doesn't like to talk about herself, especially about her family or past.
One might think that Naina does not want any friends or company but that is not entirely true, she actually wants to be loved more than anything but is afraid of getting hurt so she rather keeps her distance from others. This is also why she tells people as little about herself as possible.
She is hiding the fragile side of her personality behind her seemingly perfect facade of a good student and well-behaved girl who is nice with everyone and just prefers to be left alone most of the time. Her past has toughened her up to some extent and it takes quite a lot to break her unless one knows her weak points that she is very successfully hiding.
If someone was mean to her, she would keep quiet, not because she wouldn't be able to stand up for herself but because she does not want to pick any fights and she thinks that just calmly taking it all and putting up with it is the best idea in order to keep things from getting worse.
She is neither a good leader, nor is she a complete follower. If possible, she will stay away from groups and do things the way she thinks would be the best, without having to rely on anyone or making someone do as she says.
Despite isolating herself from everyone, Naina is far from unhappy. All she needs to enjoy a free afternoon are some books, a nice cup of tea and perhaps a sketchbook. She also likes taking long walks when the weather is rainy or cloudy. On sunny days, however, she has to stay inside because of her sensitive skin.
Sometimes it seems like she was born in the wrong century. She doesn't enjoy loud parties like most of her peers do, a tea party would suit her tastes much better. Besides that she is also very clumsy when it comes to technology. She doesn't have a computer or a cellphone because she thinks such things are useless and she does not know how to use them anyway.
Naina is not specially talented at anything, except from having a very wide knowledge about literature because she reads a lot. Other than that, her skills at pretty much everything else are average if not bad. However, she is very hardworking and is always trying her best.
For someone from a wealthy family, Naina is in general modest and doesn't want to be treated like she is better than someone else. She dislikes the Dollhouse's uniform system as it separates rich from those with scholarships and often refuses to wear light colored clothes just to show that she doesn't approve of it. What she is afraid of is that those with black skirts might think of her as spoiled and vain or even hate her just because her father can afford to pay for the school.

┗━─━─━─━─━━━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┛

┏━─━─━─━─━━─━━─━─━─━─━─━━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┓
Warm, quiet and cosy places,
Being alone,
Properly brewed green tea,
Thin mints,
Stuffed animals,
Rain and storms,
Reading by candlelight late at night,
Libraries,
White roses
Dislikes
Seeing people handle books with too little care,
Getting her clothes dirty,
Being teased or bullied,
People intruding her personal space when she needs it the most,
Being disturbed while reading,
Violin
Fears
People whom she doesn't trust yet knowing too much about her,
Not being good enough,
Being yelled at,

However, she has very little common fears such as darkness, dying, spiders, heights, blood,.. All of her fears are closely connected to her past and emotions.

┗━─━─━─━─━━─━─━─━─━──━─━──━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┛

┏━─━─━─━─━━─━─━─━━─━─━─━━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┓
Fun facts

Naina is very picky about her tea and prefers to make it herself. If something about the tea she is offered bothers her, she won't drink it.

When she was little, she couldn't pronounce her name properly and therefore used to introduce herself as 'Nana'. Because of that, people who've known her for a long time sometimes jokingly call her that.

Although she is too embarassed to admit it, she still has difficulties falling asleep without her favorite red fox plushie.

Her dream house to live in would be a small, cute cottage in the middle of a forest, preferably with a big garden full of roses and far away from anyone who knows her.

She often wears lace gloves because they help her hide the scar on her palm.

Much as she loves flowers, she is ridiculously bad at gardening and really admires those who are good at it.

She is a vegeterian and a very picky eater.

Her favorite colors are chocolate brown, beige and dark red. Despite her cute and girly look, she dislikes pink a lot.

She loves animals, especially dogs and foxes, but her father never let her own a pet.

┗━─━─━─━─━━─━─━─━──━─━─━━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┛

┏━─━─━─━─━━─━─━─━──━─━──━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┓
Main personality traits Quiet, reserved, calm, polite, independent
Hobbies Reading, drawing, painting(especially with watercolors), taking walks, preferably in a garden or forest.
Friends none yet/open(pm me)
Crush/lover• open(pm me)
Sexuality unknown, she has never been in love

Who do you think is the killer "I'd rather not say anything, making quick assumptions could only worsen the situation. If the police couldn't find the cultprit, neither will I. What happened was a terrible thing but finding out who did it won't bring the girl back to life."

┗━─━─━─━─━━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━─━──━─━─┛
Last edited by MissBorderCollie on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:06 am, edited 9 times in total.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hi there! >w< Name's Tani.
I like drawing, anime, manga, cute things, border collies, stars, bows,
lolita fashion, strawberries, pocky, video games and many other things.

The signature art and character belong to me.
Feel free to talk to me anytime, I love to make new friends! <3

MissBorderCollie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby John Strider » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:06 am

Full name ✰
"My birth name is Ophelia Weathers."
-----------------------✄-
Goes by ✰
"I prefer to go by Hela or just Ophelia."
Age ✰
"I'm sixteen this school year."
Likes ✰
Theater, drama, attention, affection, books - however she only reads them when no one is watching.
Dislikes ✰
Water, heat, anything that has to do with summer, really.
Skirt Color ✰
"Black skirts of course. No one who comes fresh from a foster home is a richy."

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
History
When Ophelia was a baby she was found locked in her mothers hot Prius in the middle of summer at a lonely Walmart parking lot. The police became involved when a passing woman happened to see the suffocating baby and called the police to come help the infant out. Soon social workers were called to investigate and in the end took her away from her single mother.
Ophelia doesn't remember much of the huge ordeal but naturally shys away from triggers like cars and hot weather, preferring to stay indoors durring those hot summer months then enjoy the sun like most children her age do.
From what rumors she hears swimming around her she's pieced together that her mother was jailed soon after she was taken into to first foster home for cause unknown.

Though she has gone off to a few foster homes, she never stayed long. And unlucky for her no one wants to adopt a moody teenage girl. After running away yet again the social workers decided it was best she be sent to a boarding school to learn some manors and also keep her out of their hair and ruining the company's name. The dollhouse happened to be the closest one that would take her.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Personality
Ophelia can be at times, quite b*tchy. She's tall, pretty and knows it. She'll often use her looks to manipulate others, adults especially. Going from sweet and innocent one moment to condemning and commanding the next.
She has a friendship with most of her older, rich, or otherwise important piers, keeping herself well out of the way of punishment. However disregards most of those under her.
She can be a drama queen and can act a variety ways depending on who she's with. In fact, she quite loves theater as a hobby.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

John Strider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfsong-mapleflame » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:53 pm

Full name:: alexiandrinia harrow
Goes by:: Alexis
Likes:: dresses, horses, tea, teasing black skirts, being so tall.
Dislikes:: being teased, having blond hair, spiders.
History:: was born into a rich family, and put in the school because her mother didn't like her spending her days with her horse, rose. Her father died before she was born.
Personality:: a snobby, sassy little popular. She thinks she is perfect, and she has a little band of followers.
White or Black skirts:: white. Duh.
Who do you think is the killer:: one of the black skirts, ob-viously.
Appearance:: tall and willowy with long blond hair and vivid blue eyes. Has all the right curves, and never had a blemish on her face.
Last edited by Cas on 2:06 AM, Tuesday edited 666 times in total.
Reason: i didn't understand that reference

Image Image
'There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers.' Richard Castle
ImageImageImageImage
wolfsong-mapleflame

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aster quincy statince// white skirt

Postby ophio » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:56 pm

THROUGH THE CURTAINS
I S E E THINGS Image
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
    age. seventeen
    d.o.b. February 19th
    dislikes. large crowds, rude people,
    the dark, snakes and spiders, loud noises
    fears. the dark, snakes and spiders,
    loud noises, large crowds
    traits. meek, submissive, shy, clingy,
    quiet, weak-willed, follower, awkward
    sexuality. bi-sexual
    crush/lover. open (pm me)
    friends. open (pm me)
    enemies. open (pm me)
    key features. black hair, good posture,
    blue eyes, pale skin, petite
    fun facts. she's an herbalist and
    gardener// plays flute// weak spot for
    rabbits and ferrets

basics ;;
Introducing Aster Quincy Statince, a young girl of seventeen who was born on February nineteenth. Her name is greek in origin, and does mean star, but the main reason it was chosen was because of the flower titled 'aster'. Aster is her given name, some people have taken a liking to calling her 'Quince' or 'Star', though Aster is fine by her. She rather enjoys experimenting with herbal teas and playing the flute, she has a passion for reading and a soft spot for animals. Her fears can be considered common, Aster has a fear of the dark, snakes, spiders, loud noises, and large crowds. Witnessing one of the above can cause for great chaos, at least, for Aster.
personality/history ;;
Mousy, the perfect word for a girl like Aster. She's always been a follower of the crowd, never a leader, and she most likely never will be a leader as she prefers to follow. She's meek and quiet, rather awkward in conversation as well, often times stuttering her way through sentences. Aster is used to being bossed around, and has no problem following the instructions given by another person. She is weak-willed, and finds it hard to stand up for herself. Forgetting that she is her own person with her own voice and thoughts sometimes. Having trouble making friends makes her clingy to those who she does get closer to, those few people are generally the ones whom she wants to be around most of the time. Aster is a reader, the mousy little bookworm with few friends, being a white skirt could never change this fact. It is true that she comes from a wealthy family, her father being a professor at a prestigious academy, and her mother being a nurse. Both of her parents are hard-working people, but they were always far too bubbly for Aster. She spent most of her days at her grandparents home, where it was much quieter and peaceful, than her busy home which was often too lively for her to take. She loved her parents, don't get me wrong, her mother taught her all about gardening and forced her to take up playing flute which she turned out to love, and her father had an amazing sense of humor and was all around a good guy. The recent murder at 'The Dollhouse' has seemingly shaken up just about everyone in attendance. Could it really be that one of her fellow classmates murdered another?
tidbits ;;
Aster is a flute player, she has been playing flute for seven years now. Her parents are Ester and Daniel Statince, and she is a bi-sexual female, liking both genders in equal measure. Other relationships could include her few friends and possible enemies, but since there are none of those to account for as of yet please shoot me a private message if you'd be interested. Her lover and or crush is also open, and can also be discussed through private message if you'd be interested. Aster has taken up an interest in gardening, and has memorized quite a few facts if you'd like to ask her about plants. She also has a special place in her heart for rabbits and ferrets, seeing as she's had a few in the past. Just in case you were interested the lyrics in the font heading this form belong to Melanie Martinez, the song is Dollhouse.
ophio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby John Strider » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:10 pm

@ MissBorderCollie
Accepted already since we talked a bit :>

@ wolfsong-mapleflame
I'm not quite sure by the looks of your form your as literate as I would like for this form >_<
Can you pm me a reference post or edit some more backstory/image description?

@ Kyouko
Accepted ^-^ I love that you put the meaning of her name.

John Strider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epimetheus » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:16 pm

(( we may only have one character each, correct? ))
epimetheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me