⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ L u m i n a r i e s ! ! !

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ( post one )

Postby stranger danger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:44 pm

( aurora ; borealis ; 19 years ; female ; bisexual ; rooftop somewhere ; open, danny ; wishing for a canine companion )

sitting atop an abandoned crumbled building, aurora sighed wistfully watching clouds move through a distorted looking sky.
    that's really all she could do unless she wanted to jump from a building and pray danny would catch her. she chuckles
    a little to herself at the thought. danny would surely kill her if the fall didn't do it first. all she really wanted was for someone -
    anyone to keep her company whenever her brother flew off. frowning she stands and makes her way back towards the way
    she came. on the way she spots a puddle. she stands over it, peering at the reflection. her signature jean jacket and jean shorts
    that had to be rolled up because they were way too big for her. stockings upon ripped stockings, fishnets, plain black,
    striped, you name it. she and danny can't seem to find a decent pair of jeans for her. goggles topped her messy hair along
    with traces of nuclear dust and a pair of clunky, ratted combat boots. the shirt she wore seemed to be the only somewhat
    pristine thing she had. "smash the patriarchy!" it said. and oh how she wished she could. biting the inside of her lip, she stomps
    off, tired of her reflection. in her arms she held a small 10 mm pistol and a scrapbook. around her neck the camera that
    accompanied it. aurora had found a mostly working camera one day and would let no one touch it, not even danny. inside
    are countless photos of the two of them, and even older photos of their family. even a few magazine clippings of german
    shepherds.

looking up to the air, aurora spotted no spots of neon or flapping of wings. groaning, she stomped back to the ledge, sitting
    down on it and looking up. everything they owned was split between the two of them. she had few rounds of ammunition in
    her pockets, and food they took as it came. she knew danny would come looking eventually, but it was taking a moment.
    going into her scrapbook, she pulls out a pen and begins to write down on an ongoing list of future dog names, which ended
    at 'danny jr', an attempt at getting him to agree to find a mutt. she continued on outloud, "dominic, dominique? uh,
    hopper, bone, ripper..."
    she trails, lost in thought and obviously distracted.
stranger danger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯☆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ L u m i n a r i e s ! ! !

Postby Pyra Ilver » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:38 pm

ROSE TREVIL
ROUGE ♛╍♛ BRILLIANT ♛╍♛ LUMINARY ♛╍♛ HETERO

There was always something rather captivating about a mask. The not knowing of who was looking at you was quite simply exciting. The only thing better than that was seeing who lay beneath a mask. She knew a lot of people would kill to get a glimpse beyond her's. To see beyond Rouge, the name they all knew and called in either praise, fear or anger. She would have liked to think she was liked enough for the former to be the most, but she was well aware it was the last. Naivety was not a trait she could afford, and she knew everyone at the top hated any luminary, and not only that but their voices were by far the loudest.

She set her red and gold face down on her 'dresser', a plank of wood between two pillars of unused brick. At the start of the apocalypse she had found shelter in an unfinished house, the bottom floor was built but bare, her bed a mistress and blankets, wardrobe a kitchen cupboard, and the upper had no roof over half of it. Which annoying as it was in the rain, it was a fantastic quick exit in case anything were to happen.

Now that her face was revealed she felt techy, so picked up a stick of lipstick and painted it on. She knew makeup couldn't normally render her unrecognisable when applied how it used to be, but make it extravagant and unnecessary it could. All of her supplies had been stolen over time from the homes of the dead or from the shops she could enter when all done up.

When finished she added a blond wig, short and curled like so many others wore their hair, and admired the reflection in her shattered mirror. Her cracked façade was complete.

Rose grabbed a garish ratty coat and headed out onto the streets. There were no cameras here, she knew, and no way to connect Rouge to all her faces, or to connect all those faces to Rose.

She needed to scout out one of the government supply shops they were planning to hit tomorrow. The owner had become rather tight with his aid, and had been caught in contact with certain cogs in the government machine. Rouge set herself down on a bench in front of the dirtied store front, watching tendrils of undoubtedly nuclear fog reach up as if looking for heaven, before stumbling down to earth is a cascade of broken hopes. If she had learned anything these last year's it was that you could not escape, there was no salvation here.
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kirin . one.

Postby Saxhleel » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:14 am

x
    ● ◯ KIRIN LOCKOMB
    ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─────────────────────────
      [ Assistant ] shifts into animals [ location ] Enzo's home [ tagged ] Enzo

Despite what many people thought Kirin did not live under the same roof as Enzo, as much as he would have liked the relative safety of the presidents mansion it would be impractical of him to stay there, there was far too much to be done in the city. Besides it gave him the very grounding experience of living among the people, seeing their plights and allowed him to be seen as more of a tangible figure head than the elusive Enzo. He liked to think himself someone the innocent could approach, but that didn't mean for one second he would let his guard down as he moved through the streets, a seldom used knife was still holstered at his belt.

The threat of a nuclear winter was never far from Kirin's mind, he was reminded of that fear as he looked at the flask in his hands, a little gift for he and his boss, a thin broth made from the blood of some poor wasteland beast with a few of the tough vegetables that managed to grow chopped and left to steep in the now lukewarm liquid.

By the time he reached the relatively lavish home away from the city news had already reached his ears of some new graffiti piece sprung up, had they more surplus resources he might have ordered for it to be painted over, or for the wall it was painted on to be knocked down, but perhaps doing nothing had more of an impact, if their little propaganda scheme was ignored it would hopefully convey that Enzo and his subordinates weren't viewing them as a real threat. Regardless, it would be a thorn in Kirin's side for some time.

Rapping his knuckles against the office door he entered without being asked, one of the few people who dared do so, one of the few people who was genuinely welcome there. Taking in several things with his ever observant eyes, the empty whiskey tumbler, the loosened tie, the blinds skewed. Enzo was restless. Understanable. "I come baring gifts sir!" he said cheerfully despite himself, he wouldn't burden Enzo with the knowledge of a rebel movement just yet. "It's not much but its better for you than whiskey." he added, a knowing note in his tone as he placed the flask down on his desk and fiddled with a button on his coat.
Saxhleel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyoyo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:31 am

Adriana Pepper - - - The Graceful

Adrian slammed her book closed with a heavy sigh. Her eyes closed and she honed in on the sounds playing out around her. It was almost silent. All she could hear was the wind whistling through the buildings and the distant chatter of the busiest part of the city. Suddenly a sound played in the other room. Adrian was up in less than a second, her book carelessly discarded on the floor. The girl did not have to attempt at being light on her feet. Her footsteps were always too quiet for most humans to hear unless they had a special mutation. She gripped her knife so tightly that her knuckles were as white as paper.

As she turned the corner, Adriana's eyes widened in surprise to see a cat had gotten into her home. The cat was ugly. It had mangled fur and was missing an eye. She didn't see any obvious mutations, but that didn't mean there weren't any. With a gentle smile, she crouched down and offered her fingers to the creature. It was hesitant, but warily approached and gave her a good sniff before wandering off. The pale girl grinned to herself as that was the highlight of her day.

With a grunt, she pushed herself up off of the floor. Her back had been causing her a lot of pain recently, and she had no medications to ease any of it. Her face was contorted in pain for a brief moment before she shook it off and grabbed her jacket and knife before climbing out through the window. Maybe she would be lucky to find a house that hasn't been picked out to it's skin and bones..Maybe

Adrian headed off in a direction that she had gone many a time before in search for a house that she hadn't already picked through herself. She moved at a quick pace. Her gait was long and confident. She was literally light on her feet. Every time she took a step, she lingered above the ground for just a second too long. When she went into town, she had to be especially careful about not doing this as to not give herself away, but people rarely came to her little side of the city unless they came to scavenge for parts or food. Everyone knew that everything here had been picked through so they didn't bother unless they were desperate
Last edited by Kyoyo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyoyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby distressed_piglet » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:02 pm

╔═══════════╗

Carter Collins
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
assassin//25//cis male
straight//the streets//tags:open
xxx

╚═══════════╝
Carter wandered through the streets, his hood casting shadows across his face. He wasn't afraid of being identified by a wanderer, though there could be a chance it could happen. Carter wasn't as well known, or perhaps the better word was hated, as his boss Enzo and the assistant, Okirin. He was known for his skills more than his face. Carter followed what he was told. This helped the citizen ease the blame off of him and onto his boss. Of course, this wasn't always the case. People in pain always find a way to become the victim. It was what made them vulnerable. Not everyone could be as emotionless and cold as he was. Carter knew all of the rumors that whispered his name. He was thought of as cruel, heartless, cold, soulless, a murderer. All of them were true, and Carter knew it. He had no difficulty following out any order that was given to him. Most that tried to take his place would face situations that went against their morals. To Carter, a life was disposable. The citizens of this town were merely pawn being played by Enzo. He controlled the town and Carter obeyed him, respected him even. That was something Carter could rarely say about another human.

As Carter followed the flow of the crowd, it became harder to maneuver around people. It seemed they were stopping for some reason. It wouldn't have surprised Carter if a fight was happening. For some reason, these people loved to watch fights. It was as if it was their only source of entertainment. Carter pushed his way towards the center of the crowd, where two men stood panting. One seemed to be no older than he, and the other much younger. Perhaps he was only in his teens. He noticed the boy was holding a gun, aimed at the older of the two. With the pull of a trigger the fight was over. People stood still, huddled in a circle around the fallen body.
"Someone should help the boy move the body." With that, Carter pushed his way back through the crowd, heading to check in with his boss.

xxxxx
xxxxx
╔═══════════╗

Hadley Montgomery
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
illuminated//24//cis female
sraight//shopping district//tags:open
x

╚═══════════╝
Hadley groaned softly as the sunlight filtered through the makeshift curtain of her home. A torn and filthy blanket covered a whole in the wall. Her makeshift window. She hated waking up early in the day. She was used to working throughout the evening and night, not wandering the streets during the day like everyone else. Her eyes were sensitive to the sun due to her night vision. Walking around in the sunlight always gave her headaches. Too bad she couldn't sleep in a little longer. With a small sigh, Hadley forced herself out of bed. Combing her hair with an old brush she bought from one of the stores, she tried to make it look like she wasn't contemplating falling back asleep. she grabbed her backpack and made her way outside. She stepped outside of her worn down home, a plain room with only a bed and her personal belongings, and made her way to the market. She needed to trade some goods with someone. After walking through the river of people, she made it to a small shop on the corner of the market district. Walking in, she noticed the shop was mostly empty. There were a few people, but they were too busy looking at the fabrics laying around the room. It was always hard to find blankets and fabrics like in the shop. There were blankets made from animal skins and hides, as well as some with gorgeous colors and patterns. It was always difficult to find these types of fabrics, especially clean ones. Luckily, this shop wasn't well known due to it's bland exterior.

Hadley made her way to a familiar face. The man gave her a kind smile.
"Welcome back. Anything good this week?" Haldey gave a small smile and handed the backpack to her friend. "I always bring you good items." She watched as he looked through the pack, deciding if it was worth it. It was all she could spare: a few sewing needles she had scrounged up, some thread, and even one of her deer pelts from her time outside of the town. The man seemed okay with these items and slid them behind the counter before handing the pack back. "Your order is here, by the way." Haldey immediately grabbed the pack and opened it. She smiled before pulling it out. It was a simple dark grey jacket. There were stripes of mesh across the arms, as well as mesh on the lower torso. It was specifically designed so she could use her bio-luminescence during the night. Of course, the shop owner was told it was so she wasn't always hot during the summer. She had claimed to be self-conscious about her skin condition. Truth be told, she was quite amazed at what her body could do, but blending in was important to surviving.
distressed_piglet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☆ danny ; 2 | ★ enzo ; 2

Postby bugbites » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:25 pm

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯Danny⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
⎯⎯⎯⎯ fun-loving ⎯⎯⎯⎯ male ⎯⎯⎯⎯ 19 ⎯⎯⎯⎯ tags; aurora, open ⎯⎯⎯⎯ form ⎯⎯⎯⎯
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Danny lifted off the ground, a few feathers flying here and there. Had he been trying to be secretive with his location he would pick up any dropped feathers, but the giant mural should give enough of a hint saying that he had been here. He rose above the crumbling buildings, the movement of his wings leaving a cloud of dust behind. He looked around and spotted someone on a roof. Might as well check it out. He flew over to the silhouette outlined in the early morning sunlight. Luckily, he realized as he flew closer, this person sounded exactly like his sister. He landed on the roof behind her with a reasonably loud thud, slightly out of breath. He wasn't the most graceful thing around, and flying took a lot more out of him than he'd like to admit.
The red-head pulled his hood down to reveal his dust-covered red hair and sat down next to his sister. He looked over her shoulder at her book and immediately noticed a list of dog names. He rolled his eyes and laughed quietly, propping his arm up on his knee. "Will you ever give up on this?" He asked. He would probably never let her get a dog due to how hard it was just for them to survive, but he would always allow her to dream. Dreams were one of the only things people had to hold on to in this world. Besides, he'd quite like a dog as well. When he was young, almost too young to have formed memories, his parents had gotten a golden retriever puppy for Christmas. When the war started, the dog was relatively young but old enough to survive on his own, so they let him go so he wouldn't be trapped in the house in the chance that bombs started falling.
Danny often missed his old life, but he didn't necessarily hate his new one. He had wings which was awesome on its own, and the person he's always been closest too has survived with him, so he was fine with this wasteland. He was breathing, his heart was beating, and so was his sister's and that's all that mattered. He took a deep breath and ran his hand through his hair, some smaller pieces of rubble falling out and landing on his shoulders. He very rarely removed his hood as his hair was one of the most recognizable features. It was a splash of color against dull brown wings and extremely pale skin.
Danny smiled at his sister, looking at her book again. He admired how resourceful she was and how she was able to keep hold of the scrapbook despite all that had happened. He had often contemplated finding a sketchbook and starting one of his own, but he often told himself that the city was his sketchbook, the buildings his canvas, and the people his critiques. The metaphor might seem a little crazy to the citizens, but most of the other luminaries understood. He took another deep breath and leaned back a little, allowing the sun to warm his face.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯Enzo⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
⎯⎯⎯⎯ the president ⎯⎯⎯⎯ male ⎯⎯⎯⎯ 26 ⎯⎯⎯⎯ tags; kirin ⎯⎯⎯⎯ form ⎯⎯⎯⎯
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Enzo looked up as soon as he heard a knock on his door. As soon as the door opened he knew who his visitor was. There was only one person in this world brave enough to enter the president's room without permission. He was extremely happy to see his assistant, actually. He was worried he might have gone mad if he had to have spent one more second by himself in the large yet restricting room. Being kept to one room, even if it was the largest room in the relatively put together mansion, would slowly kill anyone.
"Thank you, Kirin," He said, addressing his assistant by name. "Kirin" was the only name he had uttered since the war began. It was a sign that he trusted and respected his assistant, and dare he say friend. Their relationship was very relaxed, and they could often sit and just talk or joke around as if the world wasn't slowly decaying just beyond the walls they sat within. "Any news from the outside?" He stood and set the empty shot glass upside down next to the bottle of whisky before walking over to where Kirin stood. He needed some kind of interaction, he was starved due to the lack of human stimulation.
He sat in one of the chairs that sat near the desk, motioning to another chair nearby for his assistant to sit. Enzo looked at the flask on the desk, realizing just how hungry he was. Living off of canned goods wasn't the best diet in the world, so it was nice to have some meat and natural vegetables once in a while, even if it didn't taste all too good. Kirin did know how to look after both himself and the younger man, and Enzo admired that. It was often hard to believe that the one in charge was younger, even if just by two years, but age had been so important in the old world that it even shocked Enzo every now and then. Despite having moved up from a homeless kid to ruler of a large area of land in a matter of months, the president often forgot that he was as powerful as he was and would often maintain his old habits, feeling threatened by most everything. Living on the streets did that to someone.
He sighed as he undid his tie completely, taking it off and setting it neatly on the desk. He looked at his friend's face for a long moment, just taking in the fact that he had one person he could count on. One was all he needed, really. He'd always been pretty minimalist in every aspect, and humans were no exception. A small smile crept onto his face as he looked at Kirin, but he quickly cleared his throat and removed the expression before looking to the flask. "What's in there?" He asked curiously. Food was pretty limited, so it wasn't hard to guess, but Enzo just wanted to start some kind of casual conversation besides news from the dying world outside.
bugbites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saxhleel » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 am

x
    ● ◯ KIRIN LOCKOMB
    ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ─────────────────────────
      [ Assistant ] shifts into animals [ location ] Enzo's home [ tagged ] Enzo

Kirin slipped out of his coat, a woolen garment dogged with age and regular use, but it kept the dust off of his smart white shirt and pants, mostly. Like Enzo he felt the need to dress the part if they were going to assert order over the new world. People would always look to a man in a suit. When asked to sit he sat, folding his coat over the arm of the chair and as Enzo removed his tie Kirin's eyes followed it, the tension slowly easing from his body. This was a place he could relax, usually, when Carter wasn't prowling about. But for now, he would relax, and offered Enzo a smile when addressed.

His keen eyes didn't miss the brief smile that flashed across the president's face, a rare occurrence indeed, one that seemed reserved for him alone. It would be a lie to say it did not fill him with a tingle of pride. He knew he held Enzo's affections, however limited they may be, and in his eyes that could only be a good thing, he was a grounding tether for the younger man. He decided to answer the easiest question first, and gestured to the flask with his in tact hand. "Dinuguan. That is - pork blood stew, though I don't expect any real pigs were involved in making it." he chuckled. "I think theres some of those awful fibrous potatoes in there too, It might be a touch bitter but it won't kill you, I promise." Kirin had a tendency to use twenty words when two would do just fine, and found himself rambling more often than not, still his voice was light and cheerful before slipping into something more quiet while he considered his next answer.

"Ahh. News, of course, theres a continued effort to domesticate some of the least threatening beasts of the wastes, with mixed results, but domestication takes years and generations of animals, it would be worth while should they succeed. Perhaps we could begin farming again." suddenly he was all business, retaining facts and figures had always been something that came easily to Kirin, though he was aware he often bored others with the details. "And, uh-" he hesitated, absently smoothing his thumb over the stub where his pinky finger had once been.Thinking better of telling him the latest just yet, but had always found himself unable to lie to his boss. "Another mural has appeared from these so called luminaries." he went on, his throat working slightly, not that he was particularly afraid of Enzo hurting him, but didn't want to risk the lives of anyone else should he take his temper out on them. "Im willing to wager they're making a move very soon. I will ask our eyes in the city to be on alert. Myself included."

Saxhleel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adriana

Postby Kyoyo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:08 am

Adriana - - - The Graceful
Location: House Closer to Inner City Tagged: Carter (very briefly)

Not much time had passed by the time Adrian had gotten to her first house. It was small but she was sure there was something that the scavengers had skimmed over or not needed. Out front the remains of a once very expensive car lay, completely picked through for parts, but she made a mental note to check inside anyway. First she would be thorough in picking through every inch of this house. She had a keen eye for finding things that may be of value. The living room was absolutely trashed and spelled of rot. Old Adrian would have gagged at the rancid scent but she had become accustomed to the weird smells the city had to offer. "Right..." She whispered to herself after surveying the large room. There were a few chests and dressers so she decided to start there, going through each drawer and keeping an eye out for any secret compartments.

Adriana put her hands to her head in slight frustration after searching everything she could think of. Suddenly her eyes lit up in realization. There was an attic! It was closed so he hoped that no one had gone through it. Maybe the family who last resided here had stored something up there. She took a few minutes to move things so that she could climb up, and pushed through the panel. A cloud of dust bombarded her vision and she was forced to inhale some of it, causing a violent coughing fit. Pushing past the discomfort, Adrian pulled herself up and into the attic. There wasn't much but there were a few boxes and piles of miscellaneous items. A smile came to her face in personal victory. She had found some cigarettes, which were highly sought after. She opened the box and it was full. She took one for herself before stuffing it away in her pack. The thing was falling apart but it still functioned for the most part. She had just duck taped the holes so her precious cargo wouldn't fall through.

Time to go get something to eat. Adrian jumped down from the hole in the floor and landed with a soft thump. She was quick to get out of the house and head toward the trade center, the car completely forgotten in her excitement about the cigs. She rarely made her way into town as she hated crowds and didn't want anyone figuring out who she was. It was just safer to keep to herself. Blocking the entrance to the way she had planned on taking was a large, violent crowd. It seemed to be dispersing some but not fast enough. With an annoyed sigh, she pushed her way through, bumping into a tall, physically fit man who couldn't have been much older than herself. "Excuse you." She hissed as she pushed passed him, her senses were tingling and she was on high alert.
Last edited by Kyoyo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kyoyo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyra Ilver » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:10 am

ROSE TREVIL
ROUGE ♛╍♛ BRILLIANT ♛╍♛ LUMINARY ♛╍♛ HETERO

Rose didn't flinch as the shot rang out, it was far too familiar a sound for that, but a tendril of worry ran down her back. As Rouge she was almost guaranteed safety from the city residents- her mask and distinctive red hair like a shield. A blessing for the red heads in the world, there was always that moment, she had witnessed it many a time, when a would be assailant had to do a double take, just in case that was Rouge and not some random girl on the street with fiery hair and a bit of petty cash. (Despite the elitist nature of the world that made it almost impossible to rise from where you began, people would still do anything to feel the power they believed money afforded them- even though in reality it just made them more of a target.) But dressed like the many, there was no protection to be had. Her clothing was deliberately of poor quality, and her makeup made her look gaunt and sickly. She appeared of the lowest calibre. Still, if she was to be shot no one would pay a second thought to pause in the death of a poor girl. And it wasn't until Rouge disappeared they would notice anything amiss, even then the faces would be separate.

With hurried steps she walked from the shot and further away from the shop out to the suburbs of the city. She would have left soon anyway, it wouldn't do to be noted as suspicious and traced and revealed and then killed. Paranoia became a benefit very quickly in the Luminaries. The shot however had made her go sooner. Radiation had only made her ill, there were no side effects apart from the occasional recurrence when she would hide away from the world until it passed- these episodes lasted for days or even a week. Powers would have protected her, but she had to weaponise her mind, and if she hadn't she knew she would be dead in a dark alley without a legacy to her name, or even a tombstone to mark where she fell.

Soon she crossed into the silence of the suburban land. It was like a new planet here. Most people here weren't looking for trouble, and would defend their turf if necessary. It was a favourite haunt for any Luminary. Before having found her more permanent base, she had circled the crumbling buildings coated in scarred paint and shattered glass. But in their essence they were beautiful. They were places of refuge for the needy, and safety for the rebels. War had no place here. Rose wandered further into the crooked streets.
Pyra Ilver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby distressed_piglet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:55 am

╔═══════════╗

Carter Collins
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
assassin//25//cis male
straight//the streets//tags: open (adrian)

╚═══════════╝
Carter made his way through the crowds of people, some patches of the streets harder to maneuver than others. He was not in a hurry to get where he wanted. His boss was probably still conversing with his assistant. Interrupting the president could lead to serious punishment. Carter had never personally interrupted the President. It seemed unprofessional, and his reputation was what kept him working where he was. Besides, the president could prove he had no patience for things he did not approve of. When you rule over such a large population, being strict was what kept you in power.

Carter continued his trek through the streets, keeping an ear out for news. Eventually he caught word of a new mural. A luminary had painted it, according to the gossiping citizens. Catching the location, Carter made his way towards the mural. The luminary were beginning to cause more of a commotion in the city. If this behavior continued there was no doubt that they could cause some of the citizens to join in on their antics. The were beginning to cause more disruptions than helping. Carter sighed gently realizing there was no point in checking the mural for evidence. Turning to head back to his original destination, he felt someone bump into him. He looked to see who the culprit was, and saw a very pale woman looking back at him. She stood out among the grey and brown landscape with her white hair and equally pale skin.
'Excuse you.' was all she said as she continued to make her way through the crowd. Before she could get too far he grabbed onto her arm, only stopping her long enough to say something. "I would watch your mouth if I were you. Snapping at people like that could get you in serious trouble." He released her arm and continued walking, blending into the crowd.

He made it to the mansion, being granted access to head inside. The president's home was a stark contrast to the filthy ruins of the city. Carter arrived outside of a door, beyond the door was where the president and his assistant were having a simple discussion about food and word of the city. Carter leaned against the wall, waiting for his turn to be given instructions.
distressed_piglet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me