ΓHΞ DΞSCΞNΓ | ↓ | ЯФLΞPLAУ [closed]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

Re: ΓHΞ DΞSCΞNΓ | ↓ | ЯФLΞPLAУ [closed]

Postby AchieveMark. » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:43 am

╼╾ jaylιn deѕнay ╼╾
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
║ twenty-six ║ behaviorist ║ nc cave system ║ tags; open ║
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

It had been a long and arduous plane ride from Nevada across the states to North Carolina. Jaylin was glad that her best friend had been able to look after Wren and Prince at the last moment. The young nurse had been contacted by an infamous paleontologist and dropped everything at the chance to investigate some Eastern animals. She wasn't going to lie and admit that she wasn't excited to see and study not only cave dwelling creatures, but the people who would be joining her. Jaylin had arrived a few moments ago, eager to see who else would be joining them. In her mind, she was a little afraid to meet new people, because that could also bring disapproving eyes, mean comments and judgemental stares. When Jaylin was younger, she had an issue with her weight and was often bullied in high school. As she grew, she worked on a diet and slowly became normal weight. The fear that she would grow fat again stuck with her just as much as the bullying.

This made her now nervous to meet the others and she twisted her fingers against themselves as she leaned against a rock and shifted her backpack further onto her back. It contained only a few items she needed, including a change of clothes and a canteen full of water. Jaylin also threw in some protein bars and her cell phone, even though the cell reception wouldn't be the best in those caves. She also brought two flashlights with spare batteries as well as a headlamp. Jaylin sighed before she noticed the dust picking up on the road and felt her anxiety pick up while also eagerly waiting to see who was going to come over that peak. What she didn't expect was to see Antonette, a friend from college who she'd studied with on some of her classes. "Antonette? Is that you?" She asked, pushing off her rock and strode towards the woman.
AchieveMark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| ↓ | Tʜᴇ Sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟɪsᴛ { 1 }

Postby nocturna. » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      R ᴏ ᴡ ᴇ ɴ . F ʟ ᴇ ᴛ ᴄ ʜ ᴇ ʀ
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      [ age: twenty-seven ] [ role: survivalist ] [ location: trail near the cave, NC ] [ mood: content ] [ tagged: all / open ]

- - - -Mweep! Mweep! Mweep! The alarm clock screeched its wake up call atop the small oak nightstand next to Rowen Fletcher's king size bed. The time 6:45am glowed a bright, eerie green light into the dimly lit room, as a man's hand reached out to tap the clock. Rowen groaned a bit, not ready to leave the comfort of his bed just yet. But, today was the day. The day he was to help guide a group of researchers to an unknown cave system deep within the forest. Well, the caves weren't completely unknown. Locals residents knew of them and the Native American tribes whispered old tales and legends warning people of the cave's mystery. Rowen, however, didn't really believe in the town's cautionary rumors. That, and he was being paid to accompany this expedition. Not much to complain about there.

- - - -Radar, the man's loyal Tamaskan dog companion, began to stir at the foot of the bed as Rowen pushed away the covers. He lazily trudged across the room and into the bathroom, flicking the switch only to squint at the unfamiliar light. After showering, Rowen dressed in a pair of light colored khaki cargo pants, a dark navy tshirt, and a light green, blue and grey flannel button up - pretty much the man's normal attire. A quick hygiene regime completed, and Rowen exited the bathroom, whistling to the dog before leaving the bedroom. The pair made their way into the small kitchen where Rowen filled Radar's bowl and got himself something to eat. A cup of coffee and breakfast sandwich later, the man moved about the modest two floor house as he gathered his things for the trip. Rader's ears pricked intently, noting his master's behavior. The dog uttered a whine, awaiting the command to get ready. "Sorry boy." Rowen sighed, patting the dog's head. "Not this time. Its for work... Ben will be over this afternoon to take you out." Rowen's go-to dog sitter was a local drinking buddy of his. The two had been friends since high school and was trustworthy.
      ──────── ⚒ ───────

- - - -The truck ride out to the trail that lead to the cave wasn't too long. Some of the area's best hiking trails were around Rowen's house - specifically why he chose to build his home where he did. The local radio's morning show began to fade from his mind as thoughts of Professor Richards' phone call invitation began to resurface. The eccentric man called Rowen about six months ago, wanting to inquire about the local caves and any knowledge he may of had. The conversation eventually turned into a booking through Rowen's guiding business. Precisely why Rowen never turned down a phone call to answer questions about the local terrain.

- - - -After turning down a dirt road and another 15 minutes, Rowen pulled his red pick up truck into a small clearing. This was the last stop for four wheels. He placed the vehicle in park, shut off the engine and gathered up his pack from the backseat. With a click of the truck's key fob and a hefty swing of his pack's shoulder strap, Rowen was off, making his way up the rarely traveled path. The walk wasn't terribly arduous, nothing the experienced guide couldn't handle. An area of sparse foliage came into view, a perfect place for a base camp. The man stepped into the area and placed his pack down before glancing at his wristwatch. The others would be along shortly he presumed and sat himself on a weathered log. The rumble of another truck and the sound of two feminine voices caught the man's attention. Right on schedule, he noted to himself. He stood from his seat and waited near the path, letting the two women get acquainted. Within a few moments, two females came up the path, both brunettes. Clearing his throat to make his presence known to both of them, he spoke. "Hello there, the name's Rowen Fletcher. Here to help guide and offer wilderness support." The man extended a hand towards the women, but not before his blue eyes looked each of them over. The lighter haired brunette seemed a bit familiar to him.

- - - -{ Word count: 694 }
nocturna.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BOWMANN, FINCH (one)

Postby lokean » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:26 am

[removed]

"FINCHES ARE VERY SOCIAL CREATURES AND MUST BE KEPT IN TWOS OR THREES."
WHERE? on the trail | WITH? rowen, nettie, jaylin | MOOD apprehensive, jovial

Flying had never been Finch’s strong suit, and although he saw the irony in being named for a bird, the man took no comfort in knowing that it was only an hour flight or so. He’d paced his bedroom for hours the night before, checking and rechecking the ungodly medical kit that he’d been sent as he walked through scenarios in his head. Inhalers, stethoscope, antiseptic. The sound of rending metal, seemingly from somewhere in the house. Allergy pills, syringes, insulin, bandages. Flames, and the tightening of the chest at impact. Antivirals, gauze, butterfly tabs. Smoke, infesting the lungs like locusts to a harvest. Surgical thread, needles, sutures, scissors. Red, red wine - or was it blood? Artificial respirator, AED, gloves.

Gloves. Something about the box of blue rubber gloves struck Finch as hilarious. When in the world would he have time to pull them on if a lung was collapsing or someone had just lost an arm and he needed to move? Casually, the tall man had examined the box and tucked them back under the tourniquet roll before leafing through the information in the folders he’d been given. A few names struck him - Antonette Breuklander, a woman who seemed so collected, despite only having met once or twice. Rowen Fletcher, a man he’d been close to in high school and never called after. A blast from the past would have been an understatement. The other names - Jaylin, Jason, Helen - were lost on him. No matter. He was closely acquainted with their records, and that was all he needed. Person-specific medications and equipment were transferred from the hulking medical case to his own backpack on the off chance that something were to happen to the case, and after skimming the contents of his personal bag one last time, the EMT loaded his things into the car and did his best to sleep the rest of the night.

Waking up in the morning was knee-jerk, and as Finch dressed he considered just what they would be doing. It wasn’t a time to be dressing up, and so he found his way into cargo shorts and an older shirt that fit well. Hair yanked into a wild knot at the crown of his head, he snatched both his phone from the charger ( which made it to his pocket, thank god ) and the keys from the bowl by the door. The locked door in front of him reflected the anxiety and excitement coming together across Finch’s features. His constrictor, Asphyxia, was with a friend, his bags were in the car, and in enough time, he would be returning to North Carolina for the first time in ten years. It blew him away, that he had been gone so long, and to a lesser extent, that his childhood friend had remained in the town as long as he did. He knew Rowen had fallen in love with the world around him, but not to such an extent. All that was left to do was get on the road.

==========

Disembarking from the plane, Finch’s hands were shaking. He’d collected his bags, surprisingly enough, without the TSA breathing down his neck about narcotics, and in an oddly emotional moment, the paramedic seemed to forget how to breathe. Home. He was home, to North carolina, just 20 miles from the town he grew up in and a friend he hoped held no grudge for the radio silence. From a new beginning, because he couldn’t very well pick up where he’d left off. It all looked so familiar, which was a relief. Finch knew more than he thought he did. A gust of cool air that met him walking out of the lobby doors helped put the paramedic at ease. Someone pushed past him, in a hurry, but he disregarded the rude individual as he started toward a little white sentra, meant to take him to the trailhead.

The ride to the trailhead felt so much longer that it was. Passing through miles of beautiful forest could be considered a highlight, but really, Finch was excited about getting caught up about the town’s happenings. The driver was a girl he’d known in high school and reconnected with a few years ago, Charlotte Mannon, and she had a lot to say while they travelled. Information about the high school, new businesses in the town, how she was getting married in a few months ( though Finch had received the invitation a week ago and promised to save the date if the expedition was complete by then ). Who had moved, who had stayed, what she knew about the Mountains. Charlotte fell quiet when he asked about the lore of the place, saying very quickly that she didn’t really know anything about that when the pause had passed. Finch pursed his lips, looking at her in the rear view, but didn’t push it further. The rest of the gap was filled with small talk, what Finch had been up to, how long he’d been working on his Master’s, how he got to working on it around his usual working hours. Crazy stories, the usual. While she was nice, Finch grew tired of the pretense eventually, and settled for watching the world go by.

The trailhead seemed to loom, daunting and darker than the world around them. As finch unloaded the case from the trunk, he said his farewells, and then the sentra made a u-turn as Finch situated his backpack across his broad shoulders.The case was another monster, but finch discovered a wide strap tucked into the pocket on the side and clasped it on, making sure it was tight against the curve of his side just before his hip. Somehow, he managed not to sag under the weight of the huge thing. It definitely slowed him down a bit, though, at the beginning of the walk. To pass the time, Finch pulled up pictures of the other explorers in his mid. Nettie was easy to being up, as was Rowan, but Jaylin, Jason, and Helen took a moment for him to identify. A photographer and a behaviourist, and then their headache-prone climbing expert. Very different people, all of them.

Voices further up the trail interrupted Finch’s thoughts. He was almost upset, and then he saw Antonette. The paramedic almost called out to her and the woman beside her - Jaylin, Finch noted - but Rowen stepped out of the trees, and Finch did his best to listen as he came up on Antonette’s left. Deciding to poke a little fun, Finch cast a playful look toward Rowen and spoke up. “Don’t trust this one, ladies, he’s no good. Lead you into a bear trap if you’re not careful.” His eyes said it was a joke, but on second thought, he wasn’t sure Rowen would take it as one now that they weren’t close; maybe his sense of humor had changed. Finch didn’t know.
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font image removed
lokean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inverse-pickpocket » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Jason Ford//Trailhead//Tagged; Anette, Bowmann, Jaylin, Rowen

Los Angeles to North Carolina. Rough.
At this point, Jason was dead tired, disheveled, and somewhat delusional. Having money did not make long-distance travel any easier. Altitude sickness had plagued him throughout the journey, and he should have considered that before signing up to go spelunking in a damn mountain.
During the halfway point in his trip, Jason had started wondering what the hell he was doing. Psychologist's natural habitats are filled with books and pens and recliner chairs, not rugged mountains and steep trails. It's not like he needed more money, not really. So why?
Why not? Was the explanation his brain came up with. It had been a spurr-of-the-moment kind of thing. They needed a climbing expert? Hey, I could do that!
Maybe he could get his team over some mountains and down some gorges, but other then that, he may as well have been a sack of potatoes that the others would need to carry.
Jason lived in a cushy, modern apartment complex in the very lap of luxury, and climbing was his source of novel excitement. Jason was lacking in the wilderness experience department.

God, his sleek almost-luxury SUV looked so out of place in the vast wilderness. It's not like he could afford to buy a new car for the expedition- not quite. He might come off like such a douche, driving such a thing in the middle of nowhere.
He liked the scenery, but he was a city guy. The towering trees and mountains would loose their majesty eventually, and he'd once again be longing for his hometown. But for now, they had his attention. When he wasn't trying to avoid crashing head-first into a tree, he was admiring the overall beauty of the whole place.

Before long, Jason pulled into a dirt lot, with only one other car. Woo! The rules of parking didn't apply here. So naturally, Jason chose to park perpendicular to the other car.
Before stepping out to greet the people he'd be trusting with his life, he took a moment to gather his gear and his wits. Jason had quite a bit of gear. He was willing to carry more if it meant some extra conveniences.

So. This was an interesting group. Not really, though. Everyone looked pretty average. Except for that guy- ha! He's cool. He looks like he knows his way around a... Mechanical device. She looks like a shy little lady. And that one...
He'd do better to forget.
"What's up, all?" He greeted casually, sauntering up to the group. "According to the information sheet, I'm your expert in all things ropes and pulleys and harnesses and whatnot. I'm also a psychologist. Named Jason. I am JaSON. Yes Hello."
Hey there. How's it goin'.
I enjoy cats.
And also dragons. Dragons are cool.

Flight Rising | Broface <3 | the tumblr
inverse-pickpocket

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

; helen [i]

Postby jaculus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:43 pm

mmH E L E N
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    funnily enough, helen had made sure to be the first to arrive on the projected meeting site of the little adventuring party. only fresh off her latest story in atlanta, she had hopped aboard a privately funded plane to north carolina as courtesy by her publishing company. though a nice gesture, she hoped for something more for within plane’s interior cultivated puzzling and rather unpleasant odor. Not to mention the squat pilot, a dangerously quiet man despite her many attempts at socialization. it’d been her sixth flight with him, not that it made the scent nor the silence any more forgiving.

quick to board and even quicker to place her feet on north carolina soil, helen had gave another one of her overly enthusiastic waves of farewell to the pilot. a response! it was simply a roll of his eyes but progress nevertheless. feeling quite pleased, helen had set her sight on the currently uninhabited camp, all the more insignificant in comparison to the looming mountainous scenery. her fingers had instinctively found their way to the hanging, compact camera on her stomach, snug in a papoose-like contraption, a delightful fanny pack for her camera if you will. adjusting the straps of her carrier pack, helen had started to wander, her bright eyes pulling her to point her camera at the expansive nature, a indescribable pristine wonder.

before long, helen had found herself a dozen or so photos, only to trash a great many of them save for two. silently, she chastised herself. they were much too generic and mediocre. with careful deliberation, the photojournalist returned her prized camera into its papoose, drawing out a miniature notepad from the side of her pack in place of, all the while making her way back. noticing the bent foliage in her peripherals in the wake of her solo adventure, helen followed suit as her eyes ran over the mini-biographies she had jotted down on the cast of characters she would have to familiarize herself with. they were all most familiar and mildly successful in scientific fields, a far cry from that of a photojournalist. no doubt most of them could be mad geniuses, all the better as a source material for her article. hell, she had better receive front page for this.

helen could feel the familiar thrum of her heart, the same excited song she felt whenever her mind mulled over the potential tales she could dig up on another one of her expeditions. this one, in particular, was bound to provide something fruitful as a small, diverse group always could brew something up. helen wouldn't consider it gossip, per se, but rather an engaging story that would grab hold of her readers' attentions.

returning to a pre-established trail, helen hummed with anticipation as a jabber of greetings grew louder with her approach. lowering her bounded notebook and raising her camera once more, the twenty-seven year old snapped a shot of the five a good distance away, waiting for handshakes to ensue and for lips to draw into grins. a good story needed a jovial introduction before any heartbreak, helen always thought.

role the photographer ▸ location north carolina campgrounds ▸ tags none
jaculus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peachfuzz221 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:03 pm

𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄
twenty nine | feeling: confident, prepared | location: cave system, nc | tag(s): everyone
──────────────────────────⚜──────────────────────────

carefully placing her bag near a distinct boulder, nettie being a stickler for retraceable landmarks, antonette was about to unzip her luggage when she heard a familiar voice calling out her name. before even glancing up she knew very well that the culprit to that very feminine octave was jaylin, straightening her posture as her old friend approached. "ms. deshay", always formal when it came to introductions, applied even to those she knew personally. assuming jaylin was not aware of who would be joining her on this trip, most likely from ignoring the briefing papers, nettie held out a hand for a friendly, and professional shake. "how long has it been? six, seven years? you look good. i read in your profile that you became a nurse, specifically in the veterinary field. a very congenial decision considering your major in college". While her tone remained somewhat flat, eyes instinctively studying every feature and physical aspect of this woman, nettie was actually quite pleased that jaylin had become successful in her endeavors. she is a nice addition to the expedition group and will make pleasant company when they enter the caves.

they were interrupted by a gruff looking man claiming to be their guide, to which nettie did not only disapprove of but indulged him in a very brief and stern handshake. it was only expected of individuals such as they despite what he lacked in manners. so this is the infamous survivalist, Rowan Fletcher? she was mildly impressed. his profile was rather boorish as well, but she will keep that to herself. "antonette breuklander", she replied, short and snippy. "wildlife biologist as well as ecologist. anything done on this expedition regarding and/or concerning the natural order of this mountain will be ran by me". she was not here, on the border of north carolina, to sit around a bonfire, roast some fluffy marshmallows, and make friends. It was juvenile in high school and college and it certainly is juvenile now. she started when finch practically appeared out of nowhere to her left, his first impression, as it usually was, humorous. "someday mr. bowmann. someday you will be the death of me". while one hand clutched at her heart, the other raised the tissue to dab at her nose. damn allergies.

as if it were not enough to be bombarded with intros and conversation as soon as nettie stepped into camp, the man who she assumed was their cave junkie walked up all nonchalant and broke nettie into a cold sweat. she did not recognize him through his profile, but in person there was no doubt in her mind, and worst nightmare, who this fellow was. antonette could not forget that awful night even if she wanted to. sticking her nose into the air, she ignored his presence entirely and focused back on finch. "you know this man?" she asked, referring to rowan with a sweep of her tissue-filled hand.
Peachfuzz221

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

BOWMANN, FINCH (two)

Postby lokean » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:30 pm

[removed]

"ZEBRA FINCHES ARE NAMED FOR THEIR STRIPED CHEEKS AND TAIL FEATHERS."
WHERE? on the trail | WITH? rowen, nettie, jaylin, jason | MOOD tense, protective

This defibrillator should be convenient then.” Finch smiled and set his hand on Antonette’s shoulder in a nonverbal apology, offering his olive branch in the form of a pair of allergy relief pills pulled haphazardly from somewhere within the case that had melded against him. It was great to see her again, regardless of the circumstance, and he didn’t want to immediately get off on the wrong foot. As far as he knew, Nettie wasn’t allergic to anything he could give her. God bless the fact, too, because the last thing Finch needed was to treat an allergic reaction before the expedition had even begun. His eyes roamed the little group, analyzing anything that might be of use to know about their physique. He had hoped to go through what he considered a routine health exam before they embarked, but the idea had been shot down by the hospital on the grounds that the only one who really seemed to have a life threatening ailment - that they knew of - was Finch, and that as long as he had an inhaler, there was no need to go dragging out preparations that way. Eyeballing it would have to work.

Antonette’s sharp seizure of power almost made Finch laugh, but he held it in and simply chuckled. “Aye aye, captain,” he mumbled. Expert or not, Rowen was outclassed and, if it came down to it, probably outvoted for who had claimed leadership. This was a group to get down with; everyone a role and every role a significance, no matter its size. An expert on the terrain was important, no one could argue that, but if their guide failed to possess the knowledge to safely interact with specific flora or fauna, an ecobiologist could most certainly fill in the blanks. Sometimes they might just have to improvise with what they had, and if it went wrong? Well, there was a reason a paramedic had been recruited. If anyone got a little mad or went a bit crazy, the behaviorist was a necessity, and the photographer would document it all. The climber would show them what was safe and what was not. They’d need to work on trusting one another, but this was an able team if Finch had ever seen one.

The paramedic had to admit that he was just slightly off-put by Jason, the feeling amplified by Antonette’s reaction. Despite their already apparent proximity, Finch took a step close to her but made certain to leave room for her to breathe. He couldn’t know why she’d tensed up so suddenly, he didn’t know an obscene amount about her personal life - just the she had a daughter and whatever he could deduce from medical records - but from the few times they’d met, he assumed they were friends, and the need to protect her from whatever she was afraid of set in with a quickness. Finch took the time to reassess Jason, eyeing him for anything suspicious. The psychologist didn’t seem particularly wary of Nettie, so he’d let it be for now.

Uh-” Finch stumbled when Antonette directed her question towards him. “I- Yes? Ish? We were good friends in high school. If anyone can get us around, it’s Rowen.” Hopefully the remark would appease both parties, but for the meantime, Finch was keeping an eye on everyone. If he had to get between them, so be it. There would be no miracles in the caverns, he expected, so tensions would have to disappear before they set out.
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: font image removed
lokean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AchieveMark. » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:27 am

╼╾ jaylιn deѕнay ╼╾
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
║ twenty-six ║ behaviorist ║ nc cave system ║ tags; rowan, nettie, finch, jason ║
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Jaylin looked around as others arrived. She smiled over at Nettie, before taking in the others surrounding her. A well-built man had arrived, introducing himself as Rowan Fletcher. The name sounded familiar to Jaylin but she couldn't quite place it. "I did, I found a job at a large animal practice. I see that you have also managed to find work in the field you had been studying" She responded, shaking Nettie's hand respectfully. She always was one to be more formal in everything she did. Another man joined them a few moments later, speaking a joking warning about their guide. As Jaylin studied both of the men, she noticed that one of them had a twinkle in his eyes while the other, Rowen, showed a form of tiredness? No, not quite but Jay couldn't quite figure it out. As she studied the two men, another man came walking up. This one introduced himself as Jason, ah he must be the climbing expert. He seemed fairly eccentric but that eccentric behavior could come across as rude. As Jaylin pondered and watched the behavior of those around her, she remembered where she had met Rowen before. She walked over to him, putting her hand out for him as she spoke.

"Mr. Fletcher, it is a pleasure to meet you. I'm Jaylin DeShay, an animal behaviorist and human psychologist. I believe we've met before, on a guided tour to see some elk herds once?" Jay's voice was sweet, but as she really studied the man before her, she felt her cheeks heat up. He was definitely handsome, with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He had muscles everywhere that she could pick up. He seemed kind-hearted, that was what was in his eyes she realized. He had friendly and caring eyes, and his stance wasn't exactly 'threatening' but more relaxed. He didn't seem overly excited, or at least she couldn't tell by his posture.
Last edited by AchieveMark. on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AchieveMark.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inverse-pickpocket » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:40 am

Jason Ford//Trailhead//Tagged; Nette, Finch, Rowen, Jaylin

Ouch.
Jason could almost feel the cold aura coming off these people, and much of it was directed toward him. After years and years of being recieved by groups like one would recieve an unpleasant fungus, or perhaps a carcass, Jason was an expert on gauging levels of annoyance. You didn't need to be a professional to decipher the group's feelings toward him, though. Douche. Arrogant. Eccentric. So much for hoping he ended up with people like him.
When has that ever stopped Mr. Ford, though?
Better tone it down. Way down. Just be cool.
Yeah.
It didn't help that some of them seemed to know each other. Had there been a mixer or something he'd been excluded from? Aside from... that stick in the mud that he really didn't care to talk to, he knew nobody.
But this was a very immature way to think about it. The goal was to survive, and unearth some treasure. In order to survive...
He'd have to get over himself.
Two groups- a muscular blonde and the brunette... And the two skittish cats. Magnificent.
Not wanting to risk pissing off the blonde- just in case he wasn't terribly friendly, for he was very large- Jason chose to strike up a friendly conversation with the others.
He came to a stop in front of them both just as the man finished speaking. Not too close, mind you, for the man next to the brunette seemed ready to pounce. Tense, much?
"Hey. Umm... Nice to meet you," He said slowly, speaking solely to the man, for fear of getting clawed by her. It had been fuzzy before, but now it was all coming back. That one god awful night. Just hearing her voice... like the squaking of an indignant bird.
In an attempt at small talk, he started stating exactly what was on his mind, per normal.
"It's kinda' nerve wracking, isn't it? These are the people you're going to be with for the next few weeks, going to be trusting with your lives. I mean- not that you can't- you know what? I'm sorry." Already off on the wrong foot.
"Bowman Finch, is it?

inverse-pickpocket

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

| ↓ | Tʜᴇ Sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟɪsᴛ { 2 }

Postby nocturna. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:52 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      R ᴏ ᴡ ᴇ ɴ . F ʟ ᴇ ᴛ ᴄ ʜ ᴇ ʀ
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      [ age: twenty-seven ] [ role: survivalist ] [ location: trail near the cave, NC ] [ mood: surprised ] [ tagged: nettie, jaylin, finch, jason ]

- - - -The sandy blonde man stood in front of the two ladies, his arm still outstretched for a polite handshake. He always tried his best to be polite and professional as possible in these sort of situations; especially if the expedition were to go well. There could be another booking through his guide company in the future, if he played his cards right. Rowen's deep blue hues flashed over the two women before him, trying to recall the profiles. To be honest, he didn't spend too much time on the profiles. It wasn't necessarily his job to know each expert, but it was his job to offer help and his knowledge of the local terrain.

- - - -The darker brunette was the first to grasp his hand. Her expression surprised him a bit, but was painfully clear as day to the man. She was unimpressed, and the briefness of her handshake solidified Rowen's assumption. Rowen wondered to himself where her high horse was; as she apparently had riding it for quite some time. "Antonette Breuklander". Even her tone oozed displeasure and overconfidence. Now he was able to recall her profile. A very qualified expert to be on this expedition - she was well aware of that too apparently. Rowen shrugged away the woman's slight rudeness and turned to the lighter brunette beside her. As the woman spoke, he suddenly began to remember her familiar face. "Ah yes! Silly of me for not recognizing you Ms. Deshay... that was quite the trip in Wyoming!" That wasn't a lie. That trip to the area around the Yellowstone National Park a few years ago was some great fun. He had gotten along with everyone on the expedition and recalled the funny stories shared around the campfire. "Good to be working with you again." Rowen flashed a quick grin in her direction as their hands slipped from the lingering handshake.

- - - -Just as Jaylin and his reconnection was ending, yet another familiar face appeared from the trail. “Don’t trust this one, ladies, he’s no good. Lead you into a bear trap if you’re not careful.” Yep. None other than Finch Bowmann. Rowen and the man were old pals from back in high school. And come to think of it, this had to have been the first time Rowen had seen him since Finch left for college many years ago. "And I can't believe they gave you a medical license. You couldn't tell an elbow from a kneecap back in high school..." Rowen let out a loud chuckle as he stepped forwards to greet Finch. He outstretched his arm for handshake, remaining both polite and personable to the long lost friend. The wildlife biologist piped up yet again, indicating her distaste for a colleague knowing someone not in their rank. Rowen could tell that this Antonette and he were going to butt heads. He was hired and he was here for a reason. Rowen had every right to be here and contribute just as the others did. "Yes. I grew up in the area and know these hills and forests like the back of my hand." He spoke proudly going off of Finch's leading affirmation. He wasn't about to be belittled by this... 'Biologist'. What Rowen lacked in book smarts, he made up for in experience.

- - - -One more man made his way up the trail, boasting his presence and qualifications. Well, that checked another off the list. The Climbing expert. Aside from the man's douchey nature, Rowen was glad that a person with climbing expertise was hired for the trip. Climbing wasn't one of his strong suits, and he preferred not to climb if it could be avoided. The activity was always a risk for his shoulder popping out of place again. Not to mention the unpleasant memories surrounding the event.

- - - -{ Word count: 632 }
nocturna.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me