✧ ━ Bᴏʟᴅʟʏ Gᴏ! )) [open]

For roleplayers who want to write longer detailed posts using advanced language and grammar. Anyone can create a topic here, but joining these RPs is by application-only so that RP owners can control the literacy level they're comfortable with. All content must remain child-friendly at all times.

✧ ━ Bᴏʟᴅʟʏ Gᴏ! )) [open]

Postby thunderborne » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:56 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The year is 2302, and the USS Enterprise has been rebuilt for the third time. The crew of it's original voyage, including the legendary Captain James T. Kirk and his crew of misfit heroes, have either retired or lost their lives while in service. It is now time for a new era of heroes, fresh from Starfleet Academy and ready for whatever their newest five-year mission will throw at them. The Admiralty Board had assembled this new crew specifically for their lack of experience outside of the Academy- the idea was that, with their brilliance in training and their fresh look at the universe, they could accomplish more than the narrow-minded senior officers commanding other vessels. And so, eager to explore the deepest, darkest depths of space, they join forces. Will they find unity in their ranks, or will the fall apart under pressure? What will happen when their loyalties and trusts are pushed to the limits? Discussion
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Last edited by thunderborne on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ Rᴜʟᴇs! ))

Postby thunderborne » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Rᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ Rᴜʟᴇs
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬[/size]
i. this roleplay follows the lives of the new Enterprise senior officers and bridge crew, who are at the center of every mission and plot point in any given Star Trek saga. ii. let it be known that this is based off the 2009 Star Trek reboot movies, rather than the original series; it's easier to come to a consensus this way. iii. portions of the characters have been outlined, but it's up to you to flesh out the details, including sexuality, species, etc. if you need assistance, just ask. iv. please make your forms nicely coded and put in the discussion thread v. i'm expecting semi-lit to lit roleplaying; a paragraph (8-10 sentences) or more. writer's block is understandable but cannot be a constant excuse vi. turn off sigs at all times. vii. please be active, at least three posts per week. viii. characters are 21-30 years old; the Academy is like college, so graduating takes at least 3 years, and many go into Starfleet later in life. ix. i have a main line of drama, so run any big plot points by me x. please have knowledge of the species, ranks, and tasks of the bridge to at least some degree. ix. all of tess' rules apply

Sᴛᴀʀꜰʟᴇᴇᴛ Rᴇɢᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
i. follow the code of conduct at all costs in first-contact situations ii. you must obey orders from the chain of command iii. relationships between crew members are strictly forbidden iv. always remember general order 1, the prime objective v. when in doubt, refer to the Starfleet Handbook
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ Sᴛᴀʀꜰʟᴇᴇᴛ 101! ))

Postby thunderborne » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Rᴀɴᴋs
The chain of command is as follows (from lowest to highest);
  • Ensign
  • Lieutenant
  • Lieutenant Commander
  • Commander
  • Commander made First Officer
  • Captain

Uɴɪꜰᴏʀᴍs
  • Uniforms come in three colors; gold for command (ranking officers and administration), blue for science (medical and exploratory), and red for operations (security, engineering, and support).
  • Men's ensembles consist of a wide-collared, long-sleeve over shirt in the appropriate color, with a black undershirt and rank strips at the wrists, and black pants and boots.
  • Women's ensembles consist of dresses, both short and long-sleeved, in the appropriate color, with a black undershirt and boots.
  • Silver Starfleet logo pins are pinned to the left side, over your heart.
  • Away-mission uniforms differ based on functionality.

Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴs
  • The Bridge: The nervous system of the ship, where all consoles are stationed.
  • Med Bay: The medical facility, where both the CMO and Head Nurse have offices.
  • Laboratories: Science spaces specifically for the medical and science staffs, used for vaccine creation, weapons assessments, and other testing needs.
  • Sparring Gym: Used to keep in shape and practice combat
  • Engineering: Located in the heart of the ship, in direct contact with all engines and most other functioning parts of the ship.
  • Mess Hall: The cafeteria and best spot to catch up when off-duty.
  • Captain's Office: When not on-duty, the Captain resides here, doing paperwork and other admin business.
  • Quarters: Each member of the crew has their own personal quarters, which are all identical except for the Captain's.
  • Transport Pad: The fixed beaming location, used to transport to and from the ship.

Other locations will be mentioned, but these are the focal points.
Last edited by thunderborne on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ Rᴏʟᴇs! ))

Postby thunderborne » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Bʀɪᴅɢᴇ Pᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴs
Bolded titles signify a commanding officer.
Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ
Head of the entire ship, and owner of the Command Chair; gold uniform.
Captain Astrid Henley | 25 | Female | Human | Silvestra

Fɪʀsᴛ Oꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ
Chosen by the Captain from any of the commanding officers below.
Commander Satekhau T’Kerik | 24 | Male | ¾ Vulcan, ¼ Human | Chamrosh

Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅɪɴɢ Sᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇ Oꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ
Highest ranking Science Officer onboard. Mans the Science console; blue uniform.
Commander Satekhau T’Kerik | 24 | Male | ¾ Vulcan, ¼ Human | Chamrosh

Cᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴs Oꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ
Operates the communications console, must rank higher than an ensign; red uniform.
Lieutenant Andrea Mei Yu | 24 | Female | Human | 200765

Hᴇʟᴍsᴍᴀɴ
Mans the helm directly beside the Navigator; this individual pilots the ship and works in tandem with the Navigator. May be any rank; gold uniform.
Lieutenant Evangeline Alice Crowley | 25 | Female | Human | Spock and Kirk

Nᴀᴠɪɢᴀᴛᴏʀ
Mans the navigation console directly beside the Helmsman; they are in charge of navigating the ship around obstacles. May be rank rank; gold uniform.
Ensign Dakota Conway | 21 | Female | ½ Human, ½ Ocampa | salvatore.

Tᴀᴄᴛɪᴄɪᴀɴ
Occupying the tactical console, they plot tactics for battle both on and off ship. May be any rank; red uniform.
Lieutenant Sung-Hyun Park| 24 | Male | Human | bohdi

Sᴇᴄᴜʀɪᴛʏ Oꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ
Using the security console they assign teams to away missions, regulate the monitoring and transport of prisoners, and look for breeches in security. Must rank above Ensign; red uniform.
Name | Age | Male | Species | Roleplayer

Oᴛʜᴇʀ Pᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴs
Cʜɪᴇꜰ Mᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ Oꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ
Also known as the CMO or Head Doctor, this individual is stationed in the Med Bay must have a medical PhD and rank as a Commander; blue uniform
Doctor Francis Lothbrook | 26 | Male | Human | floki,

Hᴇᴀᴅ Nᴜʀsᴇ
Stationed in Med Bay, the lead the nurses and works with the CMO, usually ranking above Lieutenant; blue uniform.
Lieutenant Commander Jedediah Armansky | 31 | Male | Human | sicksadworld.

Cʜɪᴇꜰ Eɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀ
Located in the Engine rooms or at the transport pad, they control all other engineers to run the ship's mechanics. Must rank above Ensign; red uniform.
Lieutenant Venus Rolan Jones | 22 | Female | Human | Daisy!
Last edited by thunderborne on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:21 am, edited 18 times in total.
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Iɴꜰᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ! ))

Postby thunderborne » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Mɪssɪᴏɴ Lᴏɢ
Active Mission
  • Stardate 2302, July 15th; journey into deep space and await further instructions.
Previous Missions
  • Not Applicable

Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Lᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
    The Enterprise waits in a space station at the edge of the Alpha Quadrant, soon to delve into deep space.

Rᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘs
  • ____ dislikes ____
  • ____ is friends with ____
  • ____ is interested in ____
  • ____ and ____ are related
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ One! ))

Postby thunderborne » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:06 am

𝙲𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙰𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚗𝚕𝚎𝚢
location;; entering the bridge mood;; eager tags;; open

Today was the day. Today was the day that Astrid finally got what she'd wanted since she was a little girl who dreamed of space; today was the day she stepped foot onto her very own ship. And not just any ship, the USS Enterprise- the flagship, the best and most advanced vessel in all of Starfleet, who's Command Chair was passed on from one great Captain to another. Pretty soon she'd be sitting in that chair, with the entirety of space at her fingertips to explore. The thought both exhilarated and terrified her, and she couldn't tell where one emotion stopped and the other began. It's one thing to work for a goal, and knowing that someday you'll get there, but it's another to finally have reached it. Now, she had a new start, a fresh beginning; one that meant hundreds of lives in her hands, but one she'd spent years reaching for. The entire premise of it was particularly unusual and had been sprung on her very suddenly. She'd still been at the Academy, working towards a posting on any vessel she could and only having passed her Captain's exams a short time prior, when the Admiralty Board had called her into a meeting and asked that she captain the newest scheme of Starfleet. A crew entirely of individuals who had never had real-life experience on a ship might not have been the best idea, which they admitted, but for whatever reason, having Astrid in the Command Chair made them less nervous.

Whether their trust was well-placed in her made her anxious, but she'd take what she could get.

Now, months after that meeting, a crew was assembled and getting situated in their quarters and stations, awaiting orders for take-off. They still had a few minutes, waiting while medical and living supplies were loaded onboard, but the majority of those embarking on the five-year mission had arrived early to settle in. Astrid, on the other hand, was stuck signing last-minute paperwork and was only just boarding, still in civilian clothes; the woman was savoring her last minutes as normal Astrid Henley, before being referred to as Captain for the remainder of her time in space. Various loading crew bustled around her as she walked up the ramp and into the ship, the stark white interior a drastic contrast to the dark grays of the station outside it. It smelled vaguely sterile, as if it had been wiped down thoroughly before being recommissioned, yet it reminded her of home in a way she couldn't quite place. Which was good, she guessed, considering this really was home now. Thoughts such as these consumed her as she ventured into the heart of the Enterprise, blue eyes taking in every detail with a beaming smile plastered across her face. In a short time, still lost in thoughts of her new crew and new responsibilities, she was inside her quarters and changing into her command yellows. Astrid had been waiting for years to wear this dress, and seeing herself in the mirror made her eyes water with pride; she had made it this far, and she could make it even further. Anything was possible now. With everything in her power, she forced herself back into her usual chipper self, strutting with a bounce in her step towards the bridge. A brief ride in the turbolift brought her to the hallway, and without hesitation the strawberry-blonde sauntered past the automated doors, hair billowing slightly from the rush of air.

While her eyes swept over the large space to see who was already at their consoles, Astrid's gaze was caught by the large expanse of space that laid behind the glass window. That view right there- that was what she was after. And she could now have it. With a deep breath, she moved to the center of the room, standing in front of the Command Chair- her chair- before sinking into it as if she was born to occupy it. Surprisingly more comfortable than the simulation chairs she'd sat in, it was easy to relax and feel like she belonged in it. Which she kept having to remind herself that she did, indeed, belong in it. And with that exciting thought, Astrid let out a soft laugh and turned her beaming smile to those around her, breaking her silence. "Well, hello everybody."
Last edited by thunderborne on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderborne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one . //

Postby floki, » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:26 pm

╔═══════════════════════════╗

FRANCIS LOTHBROOK
xxxxxxxxchief medical staff // twenty six // open currently

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Francis was over joyed to find that he had managed to make his way to the top now. He had managed to step upon the very ship his hero's had years before. All the years of training, and the years of medical school, finally, he made it here. Standing aboard the ship, with a bag slung over each shoulder, he gave a wide smile. I am here.

Francis was just glad to be out of school, and away from the horrible roommate he had. It was not that his roommate was cruel, or mean, he just so happen to have a collection of pet hermit crabs. Francis, being fearful of these small creatures, would spend many nights on the floor of the room, so he could not see the tank that his roommate kept them in. Still, he felt the little beady eyes of the creatures looking down upon him, which then caused many a sleepless night. It was worse during the day, when his roommate would bring the crabs out and lay them around the room, just for Francis to bump into. It was one day that he found a crab within his pillow, just chilling out. Ever since then, he has always checked his pillow, just incase another snuck in somehow.

But now, here he was, standing aboard the ship. Not a crab was in sight. He would not have to worry about the critters, since there were none in space. Happy with that conclusion he moved off towards the medical bay. There he slipped into his uniform which was a long sleeved blue shirt, and some black slacks, before heading up towards the bridge. There he walked aboard, looking at the woman before him that wore the yellow dress. Our captain, I assume. he thought to himself before crossing his arms. He watched as she moved about the bridge, before finally turning and speaking to them, breaking the silence. He then gave a small smile and a nod towards the captain.

"Hello," he responded in a quiet voice.
floki,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ ━ one

Postby bohdi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:28 pm

★ SUNG-HYUN !!
════════════════════════
[ tactician, feeling excited. tagged astrid, francis ]

He paused in the mirror. Chest swelling with both pride and nervous delight, the man tugged down the hem of his red uniform. Sung-hyun wanted to be already to start off, deciding to change into the uniform before leaving home for the space port. Plus, his father wanted a picture. "I'm so proud of you and I will miss you terribly" his father had said, a wide grin spreading from ear to ear on his face. It was a major step for his life, joining the team on the USS Enterprise. Sung-hyun never imagined he would be assigned to the legendary ship, but there was his mission papers, sprawled out over his messy bed. He had squealed in glee when he received the letter, practically bursting the seams with anticipation. He read through the crew list, finding only one name he did recognise. It had been a while since he had seen Astrid Henley, despite them staying in contact throughout their academy years. It would be great to see her again. The young man had sent her a message soon after reading through the assignment, using tons of exclamation marks and he was sure most of the memo was in caps.

Now it was time to head to the port, to start the five year mission that would definitely leave him homesick. He quickly closed his bag, slipping it on his back, tugging a small cap onto his head. Despite his nervousness about being part of such a huge crew and mission, he was more than ready to embark on this journey. His family met him at the door, hugging him and wishing him well. Pictures were snapped and happy tears were shed. His father drove him to the space port, saying one last goodbye before sending the tactician off. Sung-hyun stifled more tears, he knew he'd see them again in no time. Five years was such a short time if you keep busy, he kept telling himself as he made his way into the ship. It was quite nerve-racking, many people were bustling about, doting supplies and luggage to personal quarters.

He padded down to his own cabin, tossing his personal bag onto his bunk precariously before hurrying up to the bridge. The tram ride up seemed to take forever. The tactician waited impatiently, rocking back and forth on his feet. The door eventually slid open, revealing the stark white bridge, bright screens full of numbers and diagrams, the atmosphere humming with apprehension. Sung-hyun rubbed the sweat of his palms off on his trousers, probably not the best idea but he worked with what her had as he scanned the crew. Lots of friendly looking faces! He was sure everyone could tell he was visibly shaking from the raw enthusiasm cruising through it. He spotted Astrid pretty quickly, her yellow uniform standing out. Plus it helped that she was standing near her captain's chair. Ambling over to her, a smile spread itself over his face. He had missed her mightily, they used to get up to so much trouble and adventure together. It was nice that they could possibly spend more time together on their downtime. She spoke her greeting, a man in a deep blue uniform responding in a soft voice. "Tactician Park reporting for duty." He announced, hoping it wasn't a loud one. He folded his arms behind his back, grinning like no tomorrow. He probably wouldn't stop smiling for days.
bohdi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ - Satek - One|))

Postby Chamrosh » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:42 am

CSO Cdr. Satekhau T'Kerik

Satekhau had boarded the Enterprise fairly early on in the order. He had left his homeworld years ago and barely returned, and had left his people along with it. Compared to that, leaving Earth had been very easy, and he was probably one of the few members of the crew who had already experienced this sort of event in their lives. Besides that, the only connection he really had with Earth was as the place he had studied, and the others whom he had studied alongside. As both his knowledge and many other students were currently aboard, he didn't have a lot to fare well to. He'd packed up the belongings he had acquired, sent a message back to his family about his progress and what he would be doing, and that had sufficed as a leaving ritual for the Academy. Satekhau wasn't sentimental, and that was hardly a surprise.

Being called into the role of CSO had been a shock large enough to elicit a genuine emotional response from him, at least temporarily. This wasn't so much for the role itself- it was reasonable to think that under the situation that had lead to his choice, he would have been the one chosen- but for that situation that had lead to it. Changing the crew of the Starfleet Flagship, to entirely those with no real-world experience seemed foolhardy. None of them had had their emotional steel tested, and Satekhau was sure that their emotions would get the better of at least a few crew members as soon as any sort of unforeseen incident occurred- even if it were very minor. Starfleet had to know what they were doing, and they had to have a good reason, and it was for that, as well as getting out immediately to use his learning, that Satekhau had taken it up with so little hesitation.

If the crew were to be aboard for five years- and excluding the circumstances of some unmitigatable disaster where they had to choose to abandon ship, they would be- familiarising himself as much as possible with the internal environment was the most logical thing to start by doing, once he had organised himself. He headed first to his own cabin, distributing his personal articles in what seemed to be the most efficient places in the room. Maintaining a room for five years required organisation, and what better time to organise than now, before any serious attention was needed from him?

Satekhau changed into his new, blue-shirted uniform, and peered into the mirror. It was good to be out of the normal red student uniforms, and to have an informed, if vague, idea of each individual's role just at a glance.

The most important place to visit now was, of course, the bridge. As soon as he was sure that he was entirely finished within his own cabin, he walked briskly and purposefully towards the bridge, and thankfully the ship was laid out sufficiently logically that he could find his way to it before very long. He was a little later than some, but he had still arrived before the Captain. He was acquainting himself with the lie of the room, and had just settled himself into his own seat, when the new Captain entered the bridge; Satekhau recognised her fairly quickly, from catching glimpses of her on occasion throughout the Academy, although he knew very little about the new Captain personally. Satekhau observed her movements around the room, and gave a very slight nod at her greeting to the crew. The responses of the other offices were probably just as telling as hers. The CMO seemed to be nervous, or at least withdrawn. For a member of an inherently emotional species, he seemed to be coping well. Tactician Park's smile was more obvious, almost like it had decided to plant itself as a permanent fixation upon him.

"Captain." He said as acknowledgement, "C.S.O. Satek present and correct." It wasn't normal human custom to use the first name, but it was preferable to a patronym- and far more easily pronounceable for the rest of the crew than any other option.
Last edited by Chamrosh on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✧ Andrea Mei Yu [#001]

Postby 200765 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:38 pm

• Lt. Andrea Mei Yu • 玉美雪 •
Communications Officer • 23 • Cabin, Bridge • Open •

A small smile appeared on Andrea's face as she gazed up at the large ship. Her heart was beating quickly and hundreds of butterflies fluttered around in her stomach. She couldn't tell if they were from nerves or excitement. I'm finally here, she thought proudly, recalling the copious amount of studying she had done in the Academy. Andrea knew her parents were equally proud of her accomplishments; they had said so when she called them the night before. Taking a deep breath, she tightened her grip on her duffle and suitcase before heading into the USS Enterprise, her home for the next five years.

The inside of the ship was bustling with activity. Nearly everyone was dressed in red, blue, or gold as they prepared for the journey. Seeing all the people in uniform reminded Andrea that she had to find her cabin and change. With her suitcase rolling alongside her, she found the mess hall on the way to her cabin. She didn't recognize the few people in the large room. Most of her friends were assigned to other ships, but Andrea didn't mind too much as she was looking forward to meeting new people. Leaving the mess hall, Andrea wandering around a bit more before she found her cabin. She keyed in her code and stepped inside, studying the fairly plain room. Making a mental note to take out some of her photos of family and friends, she set her belongings by the closet. Andrea checked the time and decided to unpack later, not wanting to be late to the bridge. Finding her red Starfleet uniform, she changed into it and hung up the denim capris and loose white top she was wearing earlier. With a quick glance in the mirror, she stepped out of her cabin and the door shut behind her.

A small breeze brushed past her face as the turbolift doors slid open. Andrea could see a few people already on the bridge but had yet to catch sight of the captain. Stepping out of the bridge, she took a deep breath and exhaled, feeling her stomach settle a little at the action. She walked onto the bridge and quickly found her console. The familiarity of it in this new place helped calm her even more, allowing her shoulders to relax slightly. Andrea spent a few more moments studying her station and would have looked around at the people she'd be working with for the next few years when the turbolift doors opened again.

The Captain walked onto the bridge, a strong presence surrounding her that easily gathered attention. Andrea clasped her hands before her and returned the captain's greeting. "Hello, Captain."

Movement out of the corner of her eye made Andrea look to a man about her age, also in a red uniform. Her silent question as to who the man was was answered when he spoke, stating the he was the Tactician. His smile and friendly aura brought a small smile to her face. It was then that Andrea recognized someone she knew from her time in the Academy—Satek. Seeing a familiar face made Andrea happy, even though they were only acquaintances.

Glancing around the ship, excitement coursed through her. She was really looking forwards to this five year journey.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me