The Age of Steam & Elegance (Accepting For New Roles!)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: The Age of Steam & Elegance (Full! Now Started)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:13 pm

Octavia Tremaine
The Mercenary
Tagged: Open/Group
Everyone else introduced themselves, to which Octavia internally sighed. She'd rather hoped at least one or two of the others would refrain from introducing themselves so that she wasn't quite so clearly the odd one out. And worse still, some of them were... bubbly. And more than happy to mention a little something extra about themselves. Aside from Elijah, who'd also taken to watching the group from a corner. It was quite clear, though, that most of them were from the lower half of Volimire. Though that, really, shouldn't be much of a surprise - the payment was probably more money than any of them had seen in their entire lives, and she'd noticed that the aviator, Olivier, was carefully counting her coin. With the exception of the couple of people that were from the upper half, of course, who seemed to be here just for the adventure.

But each introduction had helped her cement the idea in her mind that she could quite easily retaliate against almost all of them, should any of them happen to turn against her. Except, perhaps, the old man, Hector, given he'd confirmed his military background and evident good health that he still had. Others didn't seem like they'd have the capacity to betray any of them - such as the rich boy, Samuel, or the dancer, Rosetta. She'd probably break either of them like a twig. Still, that was no reason to not be cautious. At least some of them had a useful role. They wouldn't get very far without a pilot for the airship, unless they travelled by road or train, but that would mean far less supplies. And a mechanic, well, that was an obvious benefit.

Very well, she thought. She could always just tell them her name. They didn't need her to say anything more than that without looking at her. "Octavia Tremaine." she spoke, her voice clear, though reluctant to speak. She retreated from the conversation right after that, finding no other reason to continue to be a part of it.

Balthasar Cogwright
The Explorer
Tagged: Open/Group
He was quite excited that everyone took his lead and introduced themselves after he did. He very much felt like a self-appointed leader of the group, even though they hadn't been told they particularly needed one. And it was good to see how everyone acted with their introductions, getting a good idea as to what each person was like. He was slightly disheartened with the way Olivier, the pilot for the airship, spoke, as to him, it sounded like she was positioning herself as the leader. That was a role he wanted. He would be sure to mention his travelling experiences at some point.

There also seemed to be a mix of whether members of the group were excited for the adventure, or had a more negative outlook on it - or a reaction that he couldn't quite discern. Others seemed less than uninterested in being a part of the conversation, such as Elijah and Octavia. Sure, they were searching for Dr. Emil Lazarus, and may well encounter some of his clockwork army, but still - not all of it was like that, and they hadn't really been given a timeframe to do it in. Though, naturally, finding him sooner than later was ideal.

"Great to meet everyone!" Balthasar said, once everyone was finished with their introductions. He wondered what to do to push the conversation forward. Ah - he had an idea. "Has anyone been outside of Volimire before?" he asked. It was, perhaps, a pointed question, but he was genuinely interested. After all, if someone had, then he had someone to talk to about the places they've been. "I have, as I've mentioned, and I think Ashrath could be the best place to go to first, though if anyone else wants to weigh in..?"

--

At that moment, a staff member knocked on and then opened the large door to the room. Clearing their throat, they gestured down the corridor. "The Decadence is ready for departure."
Then, the staff member turned, and walked out of the room and down the corridor, to lead the group outside and to the private dock that the airship was waiting for them - along with a couple of the Council members, the Consul and a few guards.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:45 am

Olivier Remington||The Aviator||Hall||Tagged: Balthazar, Group
    Olivier didn't say anything as everyone ran through their introductions, but her eyebrow slowly inched up her forehead with every new member. It was clear that Long Coat and Silver Hand - names would come later, as would humerous nicknames - would rather be anywhere but here, or at least anywhere but in a group. Not good, considering the rather close proximity they'd be in over the next few months. The man who started the introductions seemed an alright sort, though he also seemed to think he was the one in charge. She'd have to quickly dispel that notion, leadership conflicts were the last thing an airship captain wanted.

Captain. She was a captain now. Not just an aviator, she had a crew. "Captain Olivier Remington," she muttered to herself under her breath, a thrill running through her at the title. Rounding out the group, there was Old Guy, who was far more chipper than she figured him for, Sneaky, someone she hadn't noticed at first, and whose services would doubtless come in useful if she didn’t miss her guess about what they did, and a pair she was collectively referring to as the Lordlings, the more baffling choices among the crew. Lordling one didnt look like he'd done a single day's work in his life, and Lordling two was a... dancer? Were they expecting to dance Dr Lazarus to death? Well, if nothing else, seeing their pretty clothes and too-clean faces get smeared with soot, oil, and the myriad other bits of dirt and debris that came with working on an airship would be entertaining. "Good to hear ye've been around," she remarked to Balthasar as she moved to follow the staff member, "I'll be comin' to ye with any navigation questions ive got." her gift of gab wasnt on the level of some smugglers, but you didnt run illegal cargo for a living without picking up a few rhetorical tricks. She approached him first, putting her in the position of power, and she said that she'd come to him, implying that she'd be looking for advice, not orders. She also made a point to be the first out the door, putting herself in the lead both physically and metaphorically. The others had expertise she didn't, and she knew that, but this was her ship. Or it would be, once she got with Long Coat about putting some "renovations" in. She would have done it herself, it wouldnt be the first time, but he struck her as the type to want to work on his own.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:28 am

Rosetta Marie Robins- Rosa- f- 23 y- Performer- bi; open- old enough to get married- wants kids one day (if that's allowed)- FC: Molly Quinn- Mo x Tina: Nina, Quinn, (Rosa), Simonn- cat, family dogs- Tags: everyone/open

The one dark haired guy, who called himself Elijah, didn't seem too happy. Maybe he just liked being by himself. He gave an introduction, but she didn't do much but nod to him. She then looked to the older gentleman, as he introduced himself. She smiled as she said "Nice to meet you, Hector." She then looked to the charming looking male. He'd gotten to his introduction, now, and she giggled a bit. "Nice to meet you Samuel," she said to him, wondering if they could be friends.

She glanced to Octavia, the last to introduce herself. She shuddered a bit...but couldn't help notice the other woman was really pretty. Shaking her head, she looked to Balthasar and said "I...haven't, sorry." He'd asked if any of them had been outside Volimire. She really hadn't, considering she was just a small time dancer. Still, she had her fans here. She smiled as she looked at him, saying "We can go wherever. I don't really mind,, then finally looking to Olivier as well and nodding to her.

As a staff me ever came to collect them, and Olivier and Balthasar began to head off, she hurried after.

It wouldn't do to get left behind, after all.

Noi Leean (Lee-ann) Noe (No)- N, Leean (if you dare)- genderfluid (mostly male)- 25 y- Rogue- steam power bow (crossbow?) and pretty arrows/bolts, sword, knives strapped to legs- boys; Balthasar, maybe Elijah- Reyn x Akalia- dog Leviathan goes w/ when thieving, silver sterling ferret Ster- Tags: everyone/ Elijah mainly now

The pretty, golden-tan one shook his dark haired head. He brushed at his longer hair, though noticed it wasn't as long as some of the girls'. Well, that was fine, it wasn't a competition. He nodded to Hector and Olivier as they introduced themselves. His attention was caught by the one named Elijah. He shook his head, saying "Hello," to Samuel when he introduced himself. He nodded to Rosetta and Octavia as well. He didn't speak to them, but gave them a sign he'd heard both of them.

He was then free to turn dark eyes back to Elijah. He noticed the other didn't seem to want to be part of this group. He seemed like a loner type of some such, and Noi could relate to that. He didn't really want to be here either...but he had to be. He gave a small smile as he walked closer to the other male. "Hello there; you said your name is Elijah, right?" he asked. He already knew it was, but he just wanted a reason to talk. The other male was taller than him, so he had to look up a bit.

He giggled a bit, more to himself than anything. He shook his head a couple times, then, scolding himself as the other might think he was laughing at him. He wasn't, he was giggling at himself. He let out a small sigh, and looked at the ground a moment. He then looked back up, looking at the other male. He noticed one of his appendages seemed to be metal. He tilted his head as he looked at it a moment. He then shook his head, offering another small smile.

He heard a small sound, and smiled as he looked down at Ster a moment. He rubbed a finger against the ferret's small head. He then looked to Elijah again, wondering if he'd say anything. He muttered "I get not really wanting to be here..." then fell quiet again. Now, now he'd stay completely quiet. He'd let the other male have some more time to speak. If Elijah even wanted to speak to him, now was his moment. They were heading to the airship now, too, so soon they'd be picking rooms, he figured.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Elijah

Postby Hyunjinnie » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:35 pm

𝔼𝕝𝕚𝕛𝕒𝕙
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Mechanic Tags; Noi Mentions; the group

Elijah quietly stood there like a statue while everyone introduced themselves. To them it probably seemed like he wasn’t paying much attention, when in reality he was watching their every movement. It was a habit he developed a long time ago and it helped save his life more than enough times growing up. He was most likely just being paranoid, but he didn’t want to take any risks. Either way Eli planned on keeping as much distance from everyone as he possibly could.

“Hello there; you said your name is Elijah, right?” The man in question blinked in disbelief as he stared back at Noi. Elijah didn’t expect anyone to try to speak to him so soon except maybe the aviator, and the last person he expected to speak to him was now standing right in front of him waiting for a response.

“Um yeah. And you’re Noi, right?” Eli awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck while he tried to avoid eye contact. It was always awkward meeting new people and usually his brother would be there to make introductions for him. It also probably didn’t help that the first thing Elijah thought when he saw Noi standing in front of him was how pretty they were.

A small squeaking sound startled Elijah. It was the first time he realized that Noi had a ferret with them. He couldn’t remember if he’s ever seen a ferret in person before. Perhaps from a distance, but it would have been a rather long distance. The only animals he’s ever had any real interactions with were the stray dogs and occasionally some stray cats that roamed the streets in the lower half. His brother had always wanted a dog growing up, but they never had the money to support a pet.

“Cute,” he mumbled before his eyes widened with panic. “The ferret! I mean the ferret is cute.” Eli internally cringed at his words. He could feel his ears turning red and his face was beginning to burn hot. “I…I’m not really the best at talking to people. Besides, we aren't here to make friends. We all have our own jobs to do.” Although he knew his words were harsh, he didn’t enjoy saying them. “Um..we should…we should probably follow them,” he suggested before moving to follow the group in hopes to avoid any more conversation. All he wanted to do at that moment was go to his room on the airship or hide in the engineer room and avoid everyone for as long as possible.
Hyunjinnie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:02 pm

Rosetta Marie Robins- Rosa- f- 23 y- Performer- bi; open- old enough to get married- wants kids one day (if that's allowed)- FC: Molly Quinn- Mo x Tina: Nina, Quinn, (Rosa), Simonn- cat, family dogs- Tags: everyone/open

The one dark haired guy, who called himself Elijah, didn't seem too happy. Maybe he just liked being by himself. He gave an introduction, but she didn't do much but nod to him. She then looked to the older gentleman, as he introduced himself. She smiled as she said "Nice to meet you, Hector." She then looked to the charming looking male. He'd gotten to his introduction, now, and she giggled a bit. "Nice to meet you Samuel," she said to him, wondering if they could be friends.

She glanced to Octavia, the last to introduce herself. She shuddered a bit...but couldn't help notice the other woman was really pretty. Shaking her head, she looked to Balthasar and said "I...haven't, sorry." He'd asked if any of them had been outside Volimire. She really hadn't, considering she was just a small time dancer. Still, she had her fans here. She smiled as she looked at him, saying "We can go wherever. I don't really mind,, then finally looking to Olivier as well and nodding to her.

As a staff me ever came to collect them, and Olivier and Balthasar began to head off, she hurried after.

It wouldn't do to get left behind, after all.

Noi Leean (Lee-ann) Noe (No)- N, Leean (if you dare)- genderfluid (mostly male)- 25 y- Rogue- steam power bow (crossbow?) and pretty arrows/bolts, sword, knives strapped to legs- boys; Balthasar, maybe Elijah- Reyn x Akalia- dog Leviathan goes w/ when thieving, silver sterling ferret Ster- Tags: everyone/ Elijah mainly now

The pretty, and cute, one hummed a small sound. He smiled a bit as he looked to the others, and wasn't even sure why he smiled. He shook his head, scolding himself for that. He wasn't here to make friends...at least not with most of them. He was here to do...whatever they were expecting him to do. The arresting force hadn't really told him. They'd just told him if he wanted to avoid jail, he'd go with this crew. He supposed maybe his ability to sneak in places would help these other people. He let out a small, sighing breath. He then turned away, and spoken to Elijah. He tilted his head as he looked up at him, then hummed another small sound. They vaguely then began to hope that wasn't annoying...not that they did it constantly.

They smiled, a sweet smile this time and a bit bigger too, when he said their name. They nodded as they looked at him, saying "Yeah...that's me. I'm Noi," he said, and glanced around a moment. They then smiled as they looked down at the little silvery creature again.

They reached their finger to poke at Ster's nose. The ferret squeaked and pawed at their hand, causing them to giggle quietly. They seemed to forget, for a moment, that Elijah was actually there. They blinked and came back to reality when he spoke again.

"Thank you," they said, when he said Cute, then they blinked again. "I, um, mean...Ster can't thank you, he's a ferret, so...yeah." They weren't used to this at all. Then again, they were the one that had approached him, and started a conversation. "I get that too...since I only really talk to my family. In my...line of work, if you could call it that, I never really talked to the people. I...didn't really interact with them at all." He still didn't say what his job, as he called it, was. He would bet any money people may be able to guess...Shaking his head, he said "Yeah... yeah we should. We're probably going to be allowed to choose rooms, I'd assume." He had no clue Elijah actually already had a room picked out beforehand.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheRegularTerrarian » Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:43 am

Hector | 70 | Male | Officer | Hall | Tags: Group
Hector made sure to take note to himself of how everyone acted. He wasn't sure whether to be surprised or not that Octavia not only introduced herself last, but also seemed reluctant to do it. After all, he had envisioned working with a team to be like his time in the military, although he supposed that since they barely knew each other, perhaps there was reason for such coldness. Regardless, he was happy to see that everyone else, bar Elijah was at least somewhat enthusiastic about this, and hopefully, their enthusiasm would rub off on them. He did also notice the ferret, however a staff member had appeared to gesture them to the airship before he had a chance to think about petting it. He marches down the corridor where they had been instructed to go, eventually seeing the airship itself, and the other people that were waiting there. "My! This airship is quite grand! Back in the days I served, airships weren't half as big as this." He was almost in awe at the grandeur of this airship. But that would have to wait, for now. He salutes at the Consul members and the guards, and stands exactly like he did before.
TheRegularTerrarian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Age of Steam & Elegance || samuel ii

Postby bigwig. » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:29 pm

𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐃
    he/him"the socialite"location: halltags: group (ment. rosetta, bathasar)
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    The young entertainer woman seemed to giggle at his introduction, suavely greeting him with a, "Nice to meet you." Samuel flashed her a smile, again enthralled by receiving so much attention. As it turned out, though, Samuel was not actually the last one to introduce himself; he had neglected to realize that the reticent woman skulking in the corner with her clawed gloves had not even given her name yet. He'd just assumed she had already - or, rather, he simply hadn't been paying that much attention. Well, she seemed like someone it was best not to cross. Samuel thought himself above such reproach, though, so he didn't really worry about her. Instead, he turned his attention to Balthasar, who seemed to be guiding the conversation. "Oh, once or twice." Samuel hummed when the man asked if any of them had ever been outside Volimire. Samuel had made a few of journeys via airship, usually in order to go to some sort of event his parents had decided was important. The majority of them ended up being dreadfully dull, though. In general, Samuel found the ins and outs of high society to be horribly boring and vapid. An adventure sounded like a much more stimulating endeavor.

It excited him to think that some other members of their group had been outside Volimire. They'd really experienced some of the world! Samuel had only been to some lame gatherings and stuffy parties in other cities. As he was thinking on the subject, his attention was abruptly drawn by a short, sharp knock on the door. He knew what it meant immediately, and his olive green eyes lit up at the sound. Their airship was ready! Samuel bounced through the door as quickly as possible, suddenly ignoring everyone else in favor of going straight for the ship. He didn't really look behind himself to see if anyone was following him, just beelined straight for the dock. He recognized the Consul and the Council members immediately, if only from the air that they carried about them. His parents knew several members of the Council, though he didn't know if any of them would really recognize him by appearance. Nevertheless, he dipped his head to them all respectfully. Then he promptly returned his attention the airship. The old man was right, it was big - especially for just the lot of them! It seemed they would be flying in style.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me