heroes of prophecy | o&a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: heroes of prophecy | o&a

Postby multicurious » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:52 pm

KASSANDRA VALERIUS
    ─────────────────────────── ───────────────────────────
    [ role. eblar party ] [ tagged. halcyon, caelan | mentioned: cassian, viel, magnus ] [ location. capital of obrua ]

─────Tension was present in every fiber of Kassandra’s being as she stood there, back pressed against the bar. She tried to avoid large crowds whenever possible, but her mentors insisted on her accepting this mission in spite of her protests. But now, standing here, she was wondering if it would have been worth it to disobey. The sounds and smells of the crowd were overwhelming, flooding her senses with mindless chatter and the biting stench of alcohol. Kassandra sighed sharply, the action letting at least some of her anxiety go, just as Prince Cassian snapped at the denizens of the inn to show some respect.

─────Some degree of normalcy was restored as patrons returned to their drinks, many choosing to outright ignore the heroes rather than show the respect that was suggested, which Kassandra guessed was at least a step up from gawking. Still, Kassandra could hardly blame them. They had to expect some strange folk when they were summoned across dimensions, but some of the heroes were beyond what many were imagining. Not the knights in shining armor many hoped for. One in particular rubbed her the wrong way, and she couldn’t put her finger on it. It wasn’t even the half-spider lady that seemed to have most of the locals suspicious, but the white-haired man next to her. She believed one of the knights mentioned his name in passing. Magnus? Or was it Matteus? Regardless, something about him got her hackles up and made alarm bells ring in her head, like he was something to be afraid of.

─────She had seen the hero she was meant to be joining the other day, though she hadn’t spoken to him. Halcyon’s appearance did little to inspire confidence, but Kassandra reassured herself that the summoning spell brought him for a reason. She just had to accompany him and make sure that the manticore–or whichever guardian they encounter first–doesn’t eat him for a snack. An elbow jostled her arm, snapping her out of her thoughts and spilling the drink she forgot she had all over the floor. Something stirred within her as Kassandra cursed under her breath, and bee-lined for the exit before she could literally bite someone’s head off. The street was better. The open air made her feel like she could breathe for the first time in hours, and she took as deep of a breath as she could manage. That simple action cleared her mind, her eyes closing as her heartbeat slowed from the hurried rhythm it was reaching. How did she ever tolerate those stone walls?

─────Suddenly, she heard the cadence of voices from somewhere down the street. One voice was familiar. The hero she was assigned to, Halcyon, was nearby. Great, maybe this meant they could finally get something done. Turning on her heel, Kassandra walked swiftly down the street, until she turned the corner and saw him. The short draconian was speaking to another one of the heroes, though the name of this one eluded her. She only hesitated for a second before she began walking up to them. “Greetings, heroes,” She spoke up as she neared them, her right fist laying across her chest in a salute as she attempted to show the respect she was told they deserved. “I apologize for interrupting. Hero Halcyon, we haven’t met officially, but my name is Kassandra Valerius. I am a knight of Eblar, and I was assigned by my commander to join your party.”

RHENIOPE
    ─────────────────────── ───────────────────────
    [ role. tothana party ] [ tagged. viel, magnus, shorne | mentioned: n/a ] [ location. capital of obrua ]

─────Rheniope had watched the Arachne enter the inn with a particular interest, at least until the human prince had chided the other patrons for doing just that. The centaur sat at the corner of the inn, legs folded underneath her and her flank leaning up against the wall for support. Rheniope was no stranger to having to get around in a mostly bipedal world, so she could empathize with the hero for being differently built. She lifted a mug of ale to her mouth and calmly took a sip before setting it back down on the table. This was where constantly wielding a polearm came in handy. The barkeep gave her a dirty look as she stabbed the edge of her glaive into the wooden floors, using it for balance as she pulled herself upwards. It was a not-so-graceful affair in cramped quarters like this, so it came as no surprise to her when she bumped the table. She just barely caught her drink before it spilled, and instead downed the whole thing. She nodded cordially to a shocked-looking man sitting one table down before she moved on.

─────Edging around the outskirts of the room, Rheniope slowly but surely made it over to the table where the Arachne and another man sat. Not only did she want to speak with the spider woman, but the white-haired hero next to her was also her ticket to finally tracking down the wolf. She hoped he would be amenable to letting her come along, as he was rather annoyed earlier. He still seemed miffed, actually, as he addressed another human that Rheniope had not noticed before. The centaur lifted a brow at the conversation at the table, amused by snark delivered by the Arachne. “That’d be far too easy,” She suddenly spoke up. “Wouldn’t want the guardians to tuck tail and run off, now would we? Too anticlimactic.” In truth, Rheniope didn’t understand this strategy either. You’d think fighting rampaging monsters would be easier with an army. She continued, this time in a more serious tone. “It’s more likely that they want eyes on the beasts at all times. Make sure they don’t destroy another town.”
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

cassian ( 003 )

Postby Ploegy » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:40 am

Cassian!!
      xxxmale eighteen years old obrua party member location: capital of obrua tagged: atte & ruby
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Quietly listening to Atte's response, Cassian's gaze momentarily shifted away from the other male and went back to looking around the small tavern. While there wasn't much to see that he hadn't already seen, it still gave him a chance to see if anything around him changed. Despite seeming as if he wasn't listening, he was still able to absorb what was being said to him. Admittedly, he didn't agree with it all, but for the time being he kept his opinion to himself. To him it felt as if Atte underestimated the impact the heroes would have on the armies. Combat might not come easier, but morale would raise among the troops, which in turn did wonders for armies. Even so, Cassian was confident they could do more than what the Obrua hero seemed to imply, though mentioning such a thing would only be a stroke at his own ego. There was a reason his father had handed him the position as leading general after all. Still, he had his own concerns with rushing the heroes to the front lines. If they were untrained, then they'd only be headed towards their deaths. Such a fate was something he wished to avoid. However, he couldn't say the same applied to him. It was a rather difficult situation to say the least.

After allowing his mind to ponder the situation for a moment longer, Cassian finally returned his eyes to the man sitting across from him. As he did so, she reached down and picked up his cup once again and bring it to his lips. Hearing the other move on to his other suggestion, he found himself curious to hear what he might say. Unlike before, he found himself agreeing with most of what was said, although, he wouldn't consider such an act more fruitful than the other. The Gensain guardian was already easy to locate, unlike the Tothana one. The only problem was reaching it with how monster invested the area had become. However, getting a guardian before monsters swarmed them would be beneficial. The only problem was figuring out which rumors were real and which were not. It wasn't an easy task to take on by any means and it was one that could waste valuable time. As much as he wanted to believe they had time to prepare, the prince knew it wasn't on their side. Given how quickly the situation had spiraled out of control in Gensain, he knew the same could happen elsewhere. There truly wasn't an easy answer to any of it.

As he was asked for his own thoughts, Cassian lowered his drink from his lips and began swirling it around with slow movements of his cup. "If you insist," he commented. "I have reservations on joining the front lines. While I do believe it would greatly raise morale of the troops, I am uncertain how experienced in combat any of you heroes are and if any of you have even been training." Pausing, the prince stopped with his cup and took another sip before returning it to the table. "However, chasing rumors comes with it's own issues. Like you said, it could be a waste of our time, which unfortunately, I believe we don't have much of. If I had full command over you heroes, I'd form small units to go about what needs to be done. I'd personally get one behind the front line of monsters in Gesnain and have them go for the guardian while another is sent to Tothana to locate its guardian based of the collected rumors. Any leftovers would be used to gather information in any of the other regions." His plan was simple, but it was effective. Sadly, implementing such a strategy was out of his hands. While he could suggest such things, what the heroes decided was out of his control. Still, here he was willing to believe in them and guide them, even if that trust wasn't return to him.

Leaning back in his seat now that he was finished speaking, Cassian's gaze shifted towards the tavern's entrance, as he saw a newcomer enter. It was someone he had seen many times before, though he couldn't say he was overly excited to see them. While he kept his own thoughts to himself, he knew having a royal advisor join them was probably some ploy his father set up to keep an eye on him. He didn't complain, though he was sure his father knew of the distaste he had for such things. Sometimes he wasn't even sure if the king actually trusted him or if he though he was only going to be reckless and get himself killed. Whatever he thought, it was clear he wanted his son under control. Inwardly sighing, Cassian did his best to keep a neutral expression upon his face. "There is no being late to unplanned meetings," the teen remarked. Nothing had been arranged after all. Things were simply going with the flow.
Last edited by Ploegy on Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timoria » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:33 am

Halcyon

《Male | 101 | Draconian | Eblar Hero | Capital of Obura | Tags: Caelan, Kassandra》

Halcyon, still rather ignorant to the effects of alcohol, assumed that Caelan had gotten a stomach ache from too many drinks. The illnesses of other species weren’t entirely familiar to him. Still, based on their rather downtrodden appearance at the moment, an illness was most likely. He wasn’t entirely sure how more drinks would help but he surmised it was a cure. ”Well, I’m not entirely sure but I think there was one down that road there.” He pointed towards the road in question as Caelan continued. His question was surely on the mark, it just so happened that Halcyon was a bit overwhelmed with emotions at the time to take much in. Including the other heroes. “Oh your right! My name is Halcyon, I’m the new hero of Eblar I suppose.” Concern flashed across his face upon using the word ‘hero’ to describe himself. While he had been trying to avoid the topic, all this responsibility being dumped onto his tiny shoulders was always on his mind. Knowing that this was another hero raised the little draconian’s hopes for now.

“So which hero are…” Halcyon trailed off when he heard someone address them. Apparently she was a knight but also already in his party. It felt like both a blessing and a curse. Having someone in his party was amazing, though he could only hope they didn’t despise his leadership. Even so, Halcyon stood up straight and tried to make himself look the part before responding. ”That’s great! I’m really happy to have you. I hope you feel the same. I was just talking with hero Caelan about where we could find a coffee shop. Would you happen to know where one is?”
Last edited by Timoria on Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timoria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:56 am

"I'm the hero of Yafria. It's a strange world we're in, so I have no idea where Yafria is. Although honestly, the place is nice. It's nice to be in a place where mortals don't start bowing to you the minute they see you." He looked at Halcyon and said, "Oh, yeah, I'm a fallen angel in my own world. I gave the mortals of my world knowledge that the Creator didn't want them to have. I was always fascinated by the world of the mortals; the Creator saw them as inferior to himself and his angels. When I gave the mortals knowledge, I was cast out of the heavens, but the mortals saw me as a God of Knowledge. Never particularly liked that title. I just did what I thought was right."
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sandteeth » Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:22 pm

Shorne
any ➳ Gesnain party member ➳ Tags: Viel, Magnus

Shorne gives the white-haired hero across the table an amused smirk. "Alright then, kid." She jabs, holding back an angry remark and turning to listen to the arachne beside her.
She gives a hearty laugh at the woman's joke, swinging a leg over the nearest chair and sitting down beside her.
"Sounds like a lively place!" She chuckles in response as the two shake hands.
Looking over the group now sat at the table, Shorne smiles. It's a gathering a lot of Zethans would ever see, though, shorne supposed, that came with her new friends being from different dimensions. Viel seemed nice enough. It helped that her half being a spider was pretty awesome. Then there was the little scythe-wielding punk, who Shorne would admit they were intrigued by.
"At a guess," Shorne replies as Viel states her confusion, "It's so us party members don't start scrapping with each-other over whose region's the best."
sandteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rubious [02]

Postby Scorpioness » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:21 am

◇◈❇ Rubious "Ruby" ❇◈◇

male dragon obrua party member location: capital of obrua tagged: open, Cassian, Atte

Despite the prince keeping neutral expression Rubious could tell that Cassian wasn't thrilled to see him, the young man was irritated that the king still treated him like a child, that needed babysitter, not that he really could blame him, since Cassian was his only direct heir. His relationship with the royal family was neutral, as the redhead was careful with any relations and allies, however the way politics were his instincts was telling him that going on the holy mission was the right move, since for some reason headguard started to eye him with suspicion - that guy was hardcore dragon maniac, giving him a big scare... Good thing he couldn't do anything without any witnesses and proof, his position of a royal advisor giving him enough protection to keep the problematic human quiet, but not enough to stop him from his own investigation. It only happened when with the grace of drunkard the headguard stumbled on the dragon, when he was returning to his rooms without his sword...
Anyway, the faster they leave the city, the better!
Rubious silently sat by their table, his red eyes giving very subtle glow, enough go unnoticed. It was the first time he met their hero in person, Atte's appearence was very unique, even for a dragon, whos eyes could clearly notice very small details... His shining hair was very sparkly and shiny, it appeared to be fluffy... He quit staring quick enough to not come off rude, but Rubious could already feel his ears growing hot, the undine was handsome and even the blank looking white eyes didn't seem to bother him. There was no helping here, he is going to be distracted through this mission... Oh, ancestors, please help him survive the mission!
Despite feeling a little flustered, he menaged to stay calm, waiting for Cassian to introduce him as a royal advisor, many ministers were very shocked when king allowed him to accompany the hero, even if only to keep an eye on his heir.
Last edited by Scorpioness on Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpioness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

little reaper // 003. | sea witch // 001.

Postby molotov » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:10 am

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐔𝐒 ──────────────
    xxxx male 130 years old tothana hero location: capital of obrua tagged; viel, shorne, rheniope
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    a look of confusion fixed across the dhampir’s expression, he glanced up at viel with a raised brow. considering the endless customs otherworldly beings could possess, it was hard to discern if she was being truthful about such a greeting. then again, the mental image it conjured up was certainly enough for him to realize it was most certainly a jest. not that he had much of a chance to grow embarrassed over even considering her deadpan to be the truth, shorne’s response served as a means to pull him from those thoughts. magnus’ jaw tightened, puzzled expression replaced with a scowl once more, he glared daggers at her from across the table. forcing himself not to retort an insult back. ‘kid?’ the sheer audacity to call him such an insult! he was practically surrounded by a sea of mortal children, as far as he could tell. regardless, perhaps keeping up the guise to match his appearance wouldn’t be a bad idea, he could use that underestimation to his advantage, after all. “don’t call me that.” he spat in response to shorne’s jab. if this was going to be how she acted, he might as well add her to his hate list, right under ‘zetha’ which he had made a point to list the day he was summoned to this horrid place.

he only grew more exacerbated as shorne made themselves right at home, taking a seat beside viel. apparently it was okay to sit down at another’s table without permission. he opened his mouth, intent to protest, though he promptly shut it, lacking the energy to fight it. they were obviously just trying to be welcoming to him and the other woman - odd though, did the people here even know what a pistol was? he couldn’t help but have his interest peaked at viel’s comment, raising his head slightly, the separate parties hadn’t made much sense to him either, assuming they’d have far better chances if they stayed together, their were strength in numbers, after all. shorne‘s response wasn’t very helpful, if anything showing they too didn’t have a clear idea for the reason. he doubted anyone would be keen to fight over which section of zetha was the best, they’d have nothing to argue over when the whole place was overtaken by monsters. magnus let out a small huff, “nonsense, only a fool would resort to such buffoonery in these dire times.” he retorted in response to shorne. he paused a moment, hearing another voice speak out, and the distinct sound of hooves, heavy on the wooden floor, and nearing. he raised his gaze to yet another newcomer; a centaur, one he barely acknowledged to be his own party member. “so, in other words, instead of overwhelming the enemy with an army, as they begin to show themselves. we’re meant to pose as designated babysitters, patiently waiting for these beasts to throw a tantrum.” he summed up with a roll of his eyes. his time here would most certainly be drawn out when their groups were smaller and easier to pick off. moreover, there was no guarantee he was even capable to take on this powerful guardian, he hunted vampires for a living, he certainly had experience in taking down formidable foes, but this was all new to him, just how would his power differ here? it didn’t help that he still wasn’t use to how bright everything was, even the lighting within the inn gave him a headache.

with the surplus of visitors making their way to his table, the dhampir found himself tensing with the commotion. eyeing each individual with a careful gaze, as if at any moment they would turn a hidden blade on him. it was difficult, being surrounded by so many people at once, but he took his suspicions out systematically, observing their body language and movements one at a time. by all accounts, no one was acting hostile - apart from himself. he was overdoing it, he knew that, but - he had a right to voice his frustrations, and if they were so intent to fill him with discomfort, so be it, he’d merely return the favor. he supposed it wouldn’t hurt to entertain the idea of helping them, in at least giving his own query. “what do you people intend to do if we are unfit to fight, exactly?” he asked, glancing back and forth between shorne and the centaur, voice not as harsh, though it pertained no hints of warmness, either. his gaze did not break from them as he let his fingers curl around the handle of his weapon, moving it off the table, he sat it in his lap. “i mean, it’s not as if they checked out our credentials before they decided to qualify us as ‘hero’s.’ you know nothing about us, for all you know we could do more harm than good.” a hint of hostility laced the edges of his words with that final comment, examining the dark blade of his scythe, he ran a hand over the cold metal. “in my opinion, at least, it seems rather selfish on your world’s part, throwing unwilling participants into these problems of yours.” he turned to the arachne inquisitively. “i’d be curious to know how you feel about all of this, miss viel.”

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐃𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 ──────────────
    xxxxxxx male 25 years old wheyr shor member location: capital of obrua tagged; nieven
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    “aw, c’mon don’t be like that.” the cecaelia protested, as he was pushed out into the street by the store owner. “no means no, if you don’t got the coins, than you don’t get the goods!” retorted the shorter man, it didn’t take the power to sense emotion to realize he had clearly angered the shopkeep, in his own efforts to barter. “how bout i throw in a potion or two of my own creation, anything you want, one-day guarantee!” the door was promptly slammed in his face, caldwell flinched, octopian limbs recoiling from the doorway just in time. “a shame, you’re really missing out on some great deals, my potions are one of a kind.” he sighed with a shake of his head, patting down his pockets with a frown. “a few gold coins short and i’m treated like a bottom feeder, unbelievable.” raising one of his tentacles, he glanced down at the small jar of ingredients he managed to snatch while the store owner was distracted. by all accounts he deserved some compensation for the way he had been treated, the store had horrible customer service, and he had been generous enough to offer a potion in exchange. glancing around a moment to ensure no one was watching, he tucked the stolen contents into one of his many pockets with a smirk. much as he had obligations of being a party member of one of the devine hero’s, he didn’t see anything wrong with being in the lookout for ingredients at all times, and utilizing his time in obrua, it was for a good cause, after all. the inn had gotten so stuffy with all the emotions packed so tightly together, he needed some air, and some time to dabble in the many stores and vendors that graced the streets.

as he swiveled towards the inn, caldwell paused, raising a tentacle to adjust his glasses as his eyes settled on a white haired gentleman sitting near the building, one who’s eyes were obscured by black cloth. intrigue flashed in the octopian’s eyes, if he wasn’t mistaken, the blindfolded man was a fellow party member, though to which region he belonged he remained uncertain, he seemed like the reserved type - sitting there all by his lonesome. nevertheless, he didn’t think it would hurt to make some friends, or at least offer his company to the man sitting before him. or perhaps, work on setting up a better alibi if he got in trouble for slipping away. the cecaelia approached, greeting the smaller man with a tip of his hat, much as he was uncertain the other could actually see him make the formal gesture, it was more a natural tendency he had picked up on over the years, a greeting terrestrial creatures seemed to appreciate. “hey there.” he spoke, flashing a smile, again, uncertain if the man could see him, though his voice was fairly chipper. “everything alright over here, little guy? not that i wish to disrupt your privacy with my presence, you just look a little lonely is all.” maybe he was overstepping a tad, but he’d slip away if he sense the man didn't want to be bothered. isolating himself out here was a good indicator of that, though perhaps similarly to the cecaelia, he too wasn’t big on crowds. he glanced over at the inn a moment, before he turned back to the elf. “i think i saw you around here earlier. you’re helping out the hero’s as well, correct?”
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby namiwami » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:22 am

IVLEN ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-
    nonbinary | 23 years old | traveling mercenary | location: capital of obrua | tagged: nanami
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Ahh, the capital of Obrua, the jewel of Zetha itself—it was always fun to come and take a visit here, in Ivlen's humble opinion. The hustle and bustle of the place was far from the leisure of Wheyr Shor in a way that could be both delightful and disheartening at the same time. Lavish displays of wealth and the destitute left their meager scraps...they always made an effort to keep the latter in mind, even when their journeys led them to gilded foyers and the overflowing sacks of coin dangled by aristocrats of the place. Truly, Obrua was quite the hub for good jobs as a merc, and even on off days, the training grounds were charming.

That is not why Ivlen is here today, however. They're here because of the current catastrophe plaguing the lands—to meet the chosen heroes tasked to take the problem into their own hands. The whole phenomenon was...interesting to them, to say the least. Prophecies and such are always odd, in their eyes—despite it all, they're not a superstitious type...even when all of it seems to be coming very, very true.
    Interesting, interesting, interesting. It's all so very interesting. Those are the thoughts going through their mind as they slip into the inn, and that is the word they land on when a hero catches their eye.

"Why the long face?" they trill, having approached Nanami near-silently. They slip into the seat across from her with a soft smile on their face, resting their chin in their hand. "Not all too becoming of a hero~."

"That is you, right?"
namiwami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:57 pm

Viel'shan Y'la Kel'su'erra||Female||19||Wheyr Shor Hero||Capital of Obrua||Tagged:Magnus, Shorne, Rheinope
    Viel was beginning to get a bit uncomfortable. She was never great with interpersonal conflict, and Magnus' vibes were seriously bumming her out. She supposed she understood why he was upset, but there wasn't much point in taking it out on the locals, it wasn't like it was their idea. She didn't voice that particular opinion out loud, of course, getting involved on that level wasn't something she was particularly interested in. Really, she was kind of glad she'd been picked, racism and all. Her old life was going to just be hopping from one dead-end job after another, struggling to keep her rent up. Here, she got the chance to do something, be someone, maybe finally live up to all the praise that had been heaped on her in her childhood. It wasn't an opportunity most people got, and she was determined to make the most of it.

"Well, I can't say I don't miss the internet," she said, her leftmost hindleg tapping the floor nervously, "but it's not like I was really doing anything in my world anyways. I'll call it a vacation. Plus, I can do this now." The arachne lifted her hand, fingers spread in a peace sign. A sharp buzzing sound filled the immediate area as an arc of electricity blossomed between her fingers, traveling between her outstretched digits like a Jacob's Ladder, vanishing with a loud snap when it reached the end. Magic was something that existed in Viel's world, but it was a far cry from the grand, flashy spells that got slung around here. Magic in her world was what let her spin thread, or have two heads, or exist at all without being crushed under her own weight. There were magical people, but nobody really used magic. Here was different, though. It took some practice, and it seemed like there was some sort of affinity system in place with regards to who could use what magic, but people here appeared to be able to manipulate various natural forces at will. Even better, she was actually pretty good at it. Maybe because she already had a solid understanding of how electricity worked.

As the centaur approached the table, Viel acknowledged her with a nod, angling her head again to keep everyone in view. "Nice to see I'm not the only 'taur in this place," she said, "Though I guess now I'm confused as to why they can't build a door right." It wasn't something she was entirely unused to, there were still some old buildings that had smaller entrances specifically to keep non-bipedal races out, but nobody seemed to be staring at the centaur like they had with her, so presumably they were more accepted by people here.
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

nanami ( 002 ) | nieven ( 002 )

Postby Ploegy » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:13 am

Nanami!!
      xxxfemale twenty years old gensain hero location: capital of obrua tagged: ivlen

Finding herself watching the happenings around her, Nanami couldn't help but find her anxiety acting up. Her tail nervously twitched as she saw a couple of the other heroes enter the tavern and others began to stare. The prince was soon to join them and immediately scold the people, which seemed to stop the rude stares and murmurs for the time being, but she was sure it was only temporary. Still, it had been a kind gesture by the young prince. While it was only a temporary solution, she could assume his presence would refrain them from acting out for a short while. Deciding not to focus too much on it, she allowed herself to quietly observe the tavern. Seeing the two other heroes sit together brought a brief frown to her face, but she quickly played it off. It wasn't long before her own party member and centaur joined them as well. That was enough to make her question if he was even interesting enough for others to desire speaking with her. Feeling a bit upset over it, Nanami quickly pulled her gaze back to her food and let a sigh escape her lips. This really wasn't the start she was hoping for, yet there wasn't much she could do. While she could but her way into other's conversations, it wasn't in her nature to do such a thing. Thus she found herself pondering over whether she was actually worthy to be a hero or not, and if she truly could work with these others.

Before she could become too lost in such thoughts, the voice of Ivlen stopped her and caused her ears to perk up. Lifting her gaze as well, Nanami soon allowed her eyes to meet the traveler's own gaze. Admittedly, she had never seen them around before, eliminating the possibility of them being one of the heroes, though it was possible that they were part of one of the parties. That didn't matter much in the moment though. What mattered was what was being said. Tilting her head at their question, the demi-human took a moment to comprehend the words being directed at her. Did she really appear that upset? She supposed she could understand the question. Admittedly, she did feel down so there was no reason to deny it. "Oh, I'm just nervous is all," she finally managed to say as she lifted a hand to rub the back of her head. "This whole hero thing is all new to me after all."

There were many concerns she had with her new role, though that wasn't the thing that was bothering her most in the current moment. For now she wouldn't go into that though. Besides, this stranger was nice enough to approach her and sit down. While most might be uncomfortable with some stranger joining them, she enjoyed other's company quite a lot. "How did you know I was a hero, by the way? Are you partied with one of the others or has news about us really spread that quickly?" She asked, genuinely curious how her status was so easily known. Not many seemed able to pick her out as some outsider, given that her kind wasn't exactly rare in this world. From what she had learned, demi-humans were quite common in the region she had been summoned for.

Nieven!!
      xxxmale one-hundred twenty years old yafria party member location: capital of obrua tagged: caldwell

Nothing of interest seemed to happen as Nieven sat resting outside the inn. He could hear the faint conversations coming from inside, but nothing that urged him to get up and investigate. Even upon hearing a familiar voice, which he could put to the hero he was assigned to, he didn't bother to rise. From the sounds of it he was already in conversation with one of the other heroes, and one of their party members. Joining a conversation like that was something he had no desire to do in the moment. Conversing never came easy to him after all, yet when he traveled with his sister in the past, he was often forced to be the talkative one given her cursed speech. Even after taking such a role, he felt no more inclined to seek out conversation with others, even if he was supposed to be associated with them. He hated making himself feel so isolated from the world, but it was the result that had come from the fear others held toward his curse. Keeping himself away eased the pain of being hurt again, as well as kept others safe from experiencing the pain he could cast upon them. Despite all this though, he found himself in a Divine Heroes party. Even upon being given such a role, he kept his distance, knowing his true goal in all of this.

His thoughts on the matter were brought to an immediate halt as a voice cut through them. Unlike the others this one was close, and speaking directly to him. Twitching his ears under the sides of his mask, Nieven took a few seconds to figure out which direction it was coming from before finally turning his head to "look" in Caldwell's direction. What kind of being was he dealing with? Unfortunately, they weren't close enough for him to see through his blindfold, nor did he recognize their voice, thus leaving him with little information to go off of. That was nothing new for him. Generally, he never knew what others looked like unless he had the courage to pull his mask down and look. For him, that was rarely an option. In this situation, it was no different. Pushing past such a thing, Nieven focused on what the other said to him.

Hearing himself called little guy caused him to inwardly sigh. He knew he was a short individual, but he hardly needed to be reminded of such. His growth had been stunted by his curse, or that was what he liked to claim at least. Shaking the "insult" off, the elf lifted his chin from his knees and tilted his head more upwards as he let a thoughtful hum escape his lips. "I look lonely?" he questioned. "Overwhelmed might be a better description of my current feelings. Big crowds aren't really my thing." While it was fully true, Nieven had no intentions of admitted his loneliness, let alone to some stranger. Besides, he wasn't lying about being overwhelmed. Cities like this had never been too kind to him in the past. He had to be far more careful in them compared to the small villages he liked to be in. One miss step in a place like this could get him deemed a monster by the people around. Perhaps such a title wasn't too far off from what he was. Pursing his lips at thought, he quickly brushed it off. He was prepared to make some snarky remark about how Caldwell must have little to do if he was bothering speaking with someone like him, but any chances of such were put to rest when the other continued speaking. The question posed to him was one he wasn't expecting, but it made sense. However its phrasing did make one thing clear; this wasn't some random passerby, but rather someone in the same situation as himself. That was enough to draw his interest in more than it previously had been.

"That is correct," Nieven responded plainly, allowing himself to finally rise to his feet as he spoke. "I'm part of the Yafria party. I assume you belong to another hero's party, right?" While it was possible another had shown up and become part of the same party, he wasn't too sure his region was keen on doing such a thing. Despite being a welcoming region, the leader wasn't too keen on sending their people off to fight. Besides, if they were from the same region as himself, he would have expected them to be with their hero rather than being out and about. Maybe that was hypocritical of himself to think. For a brief moment, the thought of pulling his blindfold down crossed his mind, thinking maybe one look at this other would give him an idea of where they might be from, but he refrained from doing such. Words would have to be enough.
Last edited by Ploegy on Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me