heroes of prophecy | o&a

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Re: heroes of prophecy | o&a

Postby multicurious » Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:36 am

KASSANDRA VALERIUS
    ─────────────────────────── ───────────────────────────
    [ role. eblar party ] [ tagged. halcyon, caelan | mentioned: n/a ] [ location. capital of obrua ]

─────Ah, Caelan. That was the name. The hero of Yafria. And apparently a god? Kassandra appeared uncertain as she listened to the story Caelan presented, glancing between him and Halcyon. Kassandra was starting to feel a bit beyond herself. A few years ago, she was an eager patrol officer on these very streets. And now she was standing face to face with the Divine Heroes of prophecy, about to go on a quest to prevent the devastation of society. It was a lot to take in. Halcyon speaking to her grounded her somewhat, and she brought her hand to her chin in thought. She was relieved at his welcome, it would at least make it easier to get along. “Of course, Hero. I am at your service.” Other than the inn she just came out of, there were quite a few places to get a drink in Obrua. Mead and ale were popular among the citizens, but there was a place in particular that served less inebriating drinks in the day hours. “There’s one that comes to mind. The owners call it the Common Grounds. It’s just a bit down the road from here. I could show you the way if you like?” She gestured down the road with her thumb. Kassandra couldn’t help the smile that came to her face when she thought of the place. It brought back fond memories of when she was stationed in the capital.

RHENIOPE
    ─────────────────────── ───────────────────────
    [ role. tothana party ] [ tagged. viel, magnus, shorne | mentioned: n/a ] [ location. capital of obrua ]

─────The arachnid hero’s small display of power caught Rheniope’s attention, her eyes drawn to the light generated by the electricity. The knowledge that at least one of the heroes had magic on her side eased the centaur’s worries somewhat. The thought of none of them coming from magical worlds had crossed her mind. While Rheniope held no magical abilities of her own, she knew the benefits of having it around firsthand. “Impressive. That will prove useful to you in your travels.” She smirked slightly at Viel’s comment regarding doors, familiar with the struggle herself. “Our bipedal counterparts will always look after their own affairs first, while those of us gifted with the shape of the wilds adapt to their… meager dwellings.” She smiled, pointedly refusing to meet the eye of the grumpy barkeep who seemed to have a chip on his shoulder towards her since she first came through the door.

─────Rheniope crossed her arms in front of her, brow raised at the attitude of the hero she had chosen to follow. She’d dealt with impertinent foals before, and even some grown warriors. Usually a swift kick to the rear sets them back on the right path. Unfortunately, she didn’t have the luxury here. Hopefully the hero would put aside his differences for the people of Zetha soon, or this would be a long journey. “It’s better than the alternative. We don’t even know where some of the guardians are. Having eyes on their regions at all times makes it so we’re less likely to be surprised. More lives are protected this way. They have minions of their own, so overwhelming them is a non-starter. Constant vigilance is our best hope.”

─────She watched Magnus set his weapon in his lap, the sharp edge of the scythe’s blade barely visible to her eye underneath the table. “I would hope that the magic that brought you here didn’t pick people out at random. From what I’ve seen of the heroes, you are all a capable lot whether you’ve had the opportunity to prove it in your worlds or not. If that weren’t true and the prophecy turned out to be rubbish, then I suppose the people of Zetha would have to prepare for a long, bloody war. Civilizations might fall to the guardians before we can reach them to bring them down.” Rheniope shrugged one shoulder, appearing to be far more nonchalant about the subject than she truly felt. The twitching of her hide betrayed her nervousness to anyone paying attention. "Is it selfish to want to spare the people from that?"
multicurious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

yldrir ( 001 )

Postby Ploegy » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:26 am

Yldrir!!
      xxxfemale one thousand five-hundred years old wheyr shor party member location: obrua capital tagged: open
      ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

How long had it been since she had last set foot in Obrua? Yldrir admittedly had lost count during her time in the mountains. Still, she was well informed of the happenings in each region. If she wasn't then she would have had little reason to come out of hiding. As much as she would love to continue living out her days in relative solitude, she understood the situation the land was in. While it was much different than what she had dealt with during her time as a hero, she still saw the importance of it. If anything it was far worse than what she had been summoned for. The fact that all heroes were summoned was enough to tell her that. Such a thing had never happened before. Even in her time as a hero, she had only known of two others to be summoned and none of them had been at the same time. The three of them had been summoned years apart, and hardly interacted with one another. Their purpose had been to serve their region and only that. It seemed this time was different from then. It had been quite a long time since any heroes had been summoned after all. From what she remembered, at least a century had passed since the last hero was summoned. None of that mattered now though. She needed to get to these heroes and assess the situation for herself. That was what had brought her to Obrua.

With her mind now focused on her task, Yldrir continued on her way through the streets of the capital. As she passed by, many stared, though she paid little mind for the time being. Such things had been normal back when she was a hero. Others often found her odd looking given her short stature and long, green hair that seemed to nearly touch the ground. That wasn't the only oddities about her though. Her clothing style was often found to be odd as well. It often got her strange looks from people in the mountains, but that hardly bothered her. She didn't feel temperature the same way as others anyways, thus the lighter clothing she wore was more than enough to keep her warm. Even now as she walked along the street, she could see strangers briefly questioning her outfit as she walked past. The people of this place never changed.

Not allowing herself to give them attention, the dragonkin pressed on. Only occasionally did her gaze flicker off towards the people she passed, but more times than not it was given what was being said. Certain conversations were enough to briefly draw her in, but as soon as she could tell they were not one of the heroes Yldrir was searching for, she would go back to minding her own. Much to her dismay, finding the heroes was harder than she had anticipated. Talk about them was common among the people, but none of it was of any use to her search. It was quite annoying if she had to be honest about it. Huffing softly, the dragonkin rubbed her temples. How hard could something like this truly be? Back when she had been hero, the people toted her around like crazy. Surely they'd do the same with these heroes, unless views of heroes had drastically changed since the last. It was hard for her to say. For now all she could do was continue pressing forward until something led her to where she desired to be.
Ploegy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

little reaper // 004. | sea witch // 002.

Postby molotov » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:15 am

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐔𝐒 ──────────────
    xxxx male 130 years old tothana hero location: capital of obrua tagged; viel, shorne, rheniope
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    the dhampir’s displeasure persisted as it was made clear he was alone on his stance, the spider was clearly content with being used like a pawn in someone else’s game. he tensed as electricity was brought to life between viel’s fingertips, the light agitating on his eyes. he’d never witnessed such magic before, which was all the more reason to be wary of the arachnids newfound power. he really needed to get out of here, it was already becoming overwhelming with three different people to have to focus on. “ah, i see, so you’re a nobody.” he concluded with a sigh. “what a bloody joke.” he couldn’t imagine trying to convince himself this was some sort of vacation, though, he supposed for someone who had nothing else going on in their life, finding value in a different world would make sense - it just didn’t help him. shaking his head he turned to scan the inn for the other hero’s, contemplating leaving the table. surely, the arachnid hero was the only one who thought in that light, but perhaps he would have better luck with one of the others.

he didn’t get much of a chance to observe, however, as the centaur replied. effectively grabbing his attention. his grip tightened around the handle of his weapon and he raised it ever so slightly as he continued to stare down rheniope. was she attempting to guilt trip him with that statement? spare the innocent lives of their world at the mercy of their so called ‘heros.’ anger was quickly beginning to overcome reason, far too keen to combat what was being said. “it is when you involve me.” he spat through bared fangs, turning his wolfish glare to viel now. “unlike some people. i have a purpose on my own world. one that i would argue, is in a far worse state than yours.” he stood up from the table, turning back to the other woman. “so forgive me if i am a little frustrated by my situation.” even if he complied with their wishes to bring aid to the fight, would it be worth it? how did time work here in correlation with his own? if he returned to find his efforts to be in vain, was it really worth trying? in being summoned here he’d already failed his mission. it made him question just how hard he could push them before they regretted summoning him. ”but, by all means, go ahead and keep your faith in the prophecy. if you think me a capable hero, who cares about the well being of your people, than who am i to deny you that delusion?” he narrowed his eyes, drumming his fingers against the handle of his scythe. “though, between you and me, it’s probably in your best interest to disregard the occasional death that may befall some of your people, i would be quite dismayed if my diet was to sully my reputation as a divine hero.” he added, voice thick with sarcasm.

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐃𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋 ──────────────
    xxxxxxx male 25 years old wheyr shor member location: capital of obrua tagged; nieven
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    he could sense his initial greeting wasn’t well received. though he maintained his sunny disposition all the same, merely taking a mental note not to mention his small stature again. “is that so?” the cecaelia raised a brow, corners of his mouth curling into a smirk before he let out a chuckle. “you and me both.” he glanced up at the inn building, listening to the muffled chatter of the people inside. “though, perhaps for different reasons, terrestrial creatures are far more social than what i am use to.” cecaelia weren’t exactly the social type, much of his kind preferred their solitude due to how finely tuned they were to their environments and the creatures around them, it made chatter less essential when you could sense most things to a painfully acute extent. his kind took residence in the depths of the ocean, where they could go about their business undisturbed, very rarely did they leave the water. indeed, it had taken awhile to adjust to terrestrial customs, the depths of the ocean were a far different world, but he had managed to stay out of water this long. “there’s certainly nothin wrong with wanting a little space.” he added. it was difficult not to be intrigued by the other man, the blindfold alone was enough to draw in his curiosity, though he dare not acknowledge it. if it was any type of injury, it could very well spark up bad memories, and that was no way to keep up a good first impression.

his expressiveness differed gravely from the shorter man in front of him, who more or less remained difficult to read upon exterior alone, not helped by the blindfold. nevertheless, it posed no barrier for caldwell, not that he was about to go announcing he could sense emotion, if this man was truly as reserved as he made himself out to be, caldwell’s ability would seem all the more intrusive. people tended to avoid him when he told them he could read them like an open book, regardless of how hard they tried to hide it. it didn’t help he wasn’t exactly the most appealing to look at, or, so he had been told. tentacles tended to gross terrestrial beings out - he never really got why, he couldn’t imagine being without the extra set of limbs, by all accounts it was more of a benefit than anything, he had never taken such insults to heart. “name’s caldwell, from the wheyr shor party, pleasure to meetcha.’” he introduced with a dip of his head, flashing a toothy grin. “figured it wouldn’t hurt to slip away for a bit, no harm in taking advantage of our time in obrua, y’know?” it was nice to see he wasn’t the only one who had decided to stray from the shoal, he preferred the more reserved, quiet folk, given they were less likely to be in crowds, which made them all the more easier to connect with. of course, he wasn’t sure what to expect from this yafria party member quite yet, but it was hard to ignore the traces of loneliness that lingered in the air around him. he glanced down at the other with an inquisitive glint in his eyes. “may i ask what your name is, friend?”
molotov

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby InfectedHau » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:26 pm

Viel'shan Y'la Kel'su'erra||Female||19||Wheyr Shor Hero||Capital of Obrua||Tagged:Magnus, Shorne, Rheinope
    Ah. He was one of those.

In a way, this was more comforting. Interpersonal conflict had never been something she was good at, but she could deal with entitled customers. Especially here, where she had lightning powers and no need to be nice to them. "Careful with that edge there, bud," she said, in that condescending-but-neutral tone reserved for retail workers dealing with difficult guests, "might hurt yourself." It didn't help that he was a Live Feeder, or at least he didn't seem to be stressed about it. She wasn't sure what his world was like, but in hers there was a significant taboo against vampires that drank blood straight from the source, as it were. Most were content to get it from blood banks, or even animals for the more hippy types, taking it straight from someone definitely wasn't something that people did. It kinda freaked her out, to be honest. You always heard stories of Live Feeders on the news, but nobody ever saw one. What if he wanted a taste of spider blood? He was probably a better fighter than her, would her electricity be enough to hold him off?

"In any case," she continued, "I had some questions about that myself. Is this a 'spend a thousand years here, but in the real world we never left' situation? Or is the time dilation a straight 1:1?" She fixed Magnus with all eight sets of eyes, a look that even a non-arachne could tell was pointed. "Y'know, before I overreact and start burning bridges." Probably not the best time for sarcasm, but at this point it was her standard fear response. It was a shame, really. She'd figured he'd be cool, but turns out he was just looking for a place to grind his particular axe. And who knew, maybe he was still cool, but she wasn't betting on it. He had a sense of the Glorious Purpose about him, and in her experience people like that were incredibly boring to talk to. Maybe it was better that they weren't all together, at least she wouldn't have to deal with him while they were doing their thing. Speaking of... "Oh yeah, and how do we know who's in which party?" she added on. "Like, y'all obviously know who you're supposed to be with, but is there like a manifest somewhere I missed?"
InfectedHau

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sandteeth » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:06 pm

Atte
he ➳ Obrua hero ➳ Tags: Cassian, Ruby

Atte was quiet as the graceful young man approached the table, content to let Cassian do the talking. He glanced at the man out of the corner of his eye, his reddening cheeks- likely from hurrying to the tavern so frantically- made clear he was clear he was less composed than he let on, and Atte chuckled to himself under his breath.
"Well, in any case..." Atte sighed after a moment of uncomfortable silence, and attempted to rekindle his prior conversation with the prince. "You're right of course, Cassian, I suppose I've always just preferred to keep a force together."
He may not care much for the others in the room, but Atte's life as a captain had given him enough experience to know that the more people you had on your side, the better your chances were. No matter how magical his holy, prophetic weapon was, he'd take more people watching his back over a mystical fork any day.

Shorne
any ➳ Gesnain party member ➳ Tags: Viel, Magnus, Rheniope

Magnus was exactly the kind of person Shorne hated- though, she supposed, the grimdark little freak was probably used to that. Maybe it was even intentional. Attempting to keep her anger in check, at least with a woman she was intent on impressing within earshot, Shorne was more than happy to sit back and watch the scene unfold. Despite her distaste for people like Magnus, she would readily admit they sure did make a conversation interesting.
Shorne shrugged to Viel. "I guess the prophecy doesn't say, or whatever. I was never much into the mystical stuff. The... vagueness of it all didn't help." She said with a chuckle, wiggling her fingers to accentuate the mystical-ness. "Oh, and 'morning by the way, uh... you?" She offered, nodding to the centaur who'd joined the conversation, in an attempt to get her name.
sandteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Demon God Caelan » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:09 am

When Kassandra offered to show him the way to the closest thing this town had to a coffee shop, he nodded, "Thank you. I would appreciate that. Black ale is much stronger than anything I've had in my world. And I have a fairly high tolerance level. Considering that in my world, people would offer various things to a shrine as gifts for me, good quality alcohol was one of them. I always felt a bit conflicted about the gifts. It's rude not to accept a gift, but I was never a fan of being called a God. I just believed mortals deserved knowledge of the world around them. The Creator didn't, he saw mortals as his greatest failure, but he couldn't destroy them, he doesn't have the power to destroy, only create. When I gave mortals the knowledge I did, I was cast out of the Heavens and stripped of my wings and halo. Not that I care that much about it."
Demon God Caelan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me