The Midnight Island ~ open

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

The Midnight Island ~ open

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:58 am

Welcome to the Midnight Island.
Here it is always dark. Here it is always night.

Centuries ago, an angel fell to the ground and discovered this island. Feeling betrayed and heartbroken, she created a dome over the island to protect herself. In time, she grew to invite other supernatural beings for companionship and assistance. However, she's careful and cautious.

This island has become paradise... or so it seems.

discussion thread
Last edited by SilentMelody on Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Midnight Island ~ rules

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:23 am

Rules
• All site rules apply.
• LGBT+ characters are welcome and wanted!
• All supernatural species are welcome!
• Romance is encouraged! However, remain appropriate.
• Make as many characters as you can handle.
• Characters cannot be overpowered and must have flaws.
• Try to write at least 2-3 sentences for each post.
• Forms and OOC go in the discussion thread.
• Humans are not allowed unless they have supernatural powers.
• I'm always open for drama and plot ideas! Please PM me.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Midnight Island ~ setting

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:32 am

Setting

The Midnight Island is a large piece of land somewhere in the distant ocean.

The ocean completely surrounds the island, with a range of 5 miles in diameter surrounding the island for protection. Beyond this invisible barrier, humans are unable to trace this island. There is one peninsula where the land narrows down. The island itself is filled with many forests, rivers, meadows, lakes, and mountains that stretch across the land. In these areas, various villages are built where the supernatural beings may choose to live. Among such areas are shops, parks, malls, schools, daycares, and healthcare buildings.

The island does not consist of much "modern" technology. Electricity, heated water, and air conditioning is available as well as conventional house appliances. However, phones, computers, and cars are not typically used on the island.

The people are not restricted to a singular area and are free to move wherever they may choose. However, the supernatural beings are not allowed to discriminate against each other and must be welcoming to everyone on the island.

Although the sky is always dark and filled with stars, the time of day is split into 24 hours and is regulated normally.
Last edited by SilentMelody on Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Midnight Island ~ characters

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:55 am

Angela | infinite age | no gender | angel | belloblossom
Karael | 2100 years | female | angel | SilentMelody
Naberius | 600 years | male | demon | SilentMelody
Fuko | 600 years | female | bakeneko | Queen of flames
Adrian | 560 years | male | demon | Consulting_Angel
Okuri | 500 years | male | okuri-inu | Sadies
Saraline | 400 years | female | vampire | SilentMelody
Empyrean | 400 years | genderfluid | demon | Queen of flames
Shinsei | 350 years | agender | dragon | Queen of flames
Midori | 300 years | male | kirin | Queen of flames
Gin'iro | 200 years | male | inukami | Queen of flames
Tsuki | 150 years | agender | kitsune | Queen of flames
Shion | 150 years | female | shinigami | Queen of flames
Lightstar | 30 years | male | werewolf | Spiritstar3
Kellie | 26 years | female | werewolf/human | Spiritstar3
Jess | 25 years | female | witch | Spiritstar3
Xanthe | 25 years | non-binary | mothman | Consulting_Angel
Jesica | 25 years | female | human/witch | Azura ~~
Siya | 25 years | female | witch | Spiritstar3
Luciana | 22 years | female | witch | SilentMelody
Dario | 22 years | male | werewolf | Spiritstar3
Leira | 22 years | female | mermaid | belloblossom
Mina | 21 years | female | mermaid | SilentMelody
Shade | 20 years | agender | fox | Spiritstar3
Souji | 20 years | male | vampire hybrid | Sadies
Francesca | 20 years | female | siren/demon | Azura ~~
Dox | 19 years | male | unknown | SilentMelody
Fitzroy | 19 years | male | half elf/witch | Consulting_Angel
Fuji | 18 years | female | neko | Spiritstar3
Cecyl | 17 years | male | gargoyle | endless shelter;;
Rosette | unknown | genderless | dark phoenix | Scorpioness
Nemo | unknown | unspecified | buratsche-al-llgs | audrei9
Akari | unknown | genderfluid | unicorn | Spiritstar3
Lavender | unknown | agender | slime | belloblossom
Obsidian | unknown | female | yuki-onna | Queen of flames
Last edited by SilentMelody on Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:32 am, edited 20 times in total.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Midnight Island ~ status

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:17 am

open and accepting!
please post all forms in the discussion thread
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Midnight Island ~ 001

Postby SilentMelody » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:10 pm

Karael | 2100 years | female | angel | crush: none | tags: open
    Kara sat in the garden outside of her house, watching the clouds roll over in the night sky. Her third eye blinked in the middle of her forehead, and her purple hair whisked around the horns curled on the side of her head.

Naberius | 600 years | male | demon | crush: open | tags: open
    He was still sound asleep in a rock formation that he called his home.

Saraline | 400 years | female | vampire | crush: open | tags: Luciana, open
    Sara nibbled on some chocolate and watched her best friend working, leaning against the counter. She was getting a little bored and turned away to glance at some jars of random things. Cat whiskers, frog toes, sage... nothing of interest.

Luciana | 22 years | female | witch | crush: eventually Jess | tags: Saraline, open
    Luci was in her home, making a list of herbs that she had and another list of ones that she needed. Her bottom lip pursed, and she played with her lip piercing between her teeth as she thought. She wrote with her right hand, moving from one page to the other as she quickly and methodically categorized her inventory.

Mina | 21 years | female | mermaid | crush: open | tags: open
    She swam out of her cove and towards the peninsula, closer to the land. The mermaid was curious to see whether or not anyone was on the shore, and she wanted someone to play with! Always being in the water alone tended to get boring.

Dox | 19 years | male | unknown | crush: open | tags: open
    He sat in his cave and held his shovel up, considering about whether or not he should dig for more crystals. In truth, Dox didn't get many crystals and his shoveling was often pointless, although it made him feel a little stronger.
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Midnight Island ~ open

Postby Sadies » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:04 pm

Souji Kokuo | 20 Years | Vampire-Human Hybrid
@ Open
Souji stretched up further and made a small hop to grab a hold and pull himself. Suspended over a twenty meter drop with no harness, Souji was casually freeclimbing up the side of an old, half destroyed spire. Reaching for the window seal, he pulled himself up onto the highest window seal of the wreckage and rested to view the current surroundings before he would continue upwards to the top.

Okuri Rin | 500 Years | Okuri-Inu
@ Open
Walking through the thick trees of the woods, Okuri listened to the sound of the trees in the breeze. There were not really any set walking path on the island and not a lot of foot traffic. In a way it was peaceful, but in another it was a lonely existence. It would take some time for him to settle into his new human-free lifestyle.
Sadies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:51 pm

Jess- f- 25- witch- pan/demi- Luciana will be crush- no kids but could adopt- white and colored cat Stormy- loves books and animals- two magics: dog form and fire- Tags
The young woman shook out long curly red hair. Brown eyes looked to her cat, and the purple clad witch turned to them. She smiled as she pet the white and colored cat. They purred as she went under the chin, their favorite spot to be scratched besides between the ears.

Morgan- androgenous- unknown age- deer fae- unknown sexuality- crush is Matsumura Yoshito- no kids but might want- chipmunk friend William- lives in forest- makes potions- Tags
The blonde haired, horned one was in the forest as usual. There was a home there, and they lived in that said home. William chittered and made chipmunk sounds at the hoof legged one. He watched the fluffy ended long tail flick around a bit.

Dario- m- 22- werewolf- homosexual- crush is Gin- has to adopt- brownish or reddish brown wolf form- loves books- Tags
The brownish haired one twitched ears and flicked a soft looking tail. The head was half shaved, and there was a light blue area in the hair. He soon sneezed, and shook his head. He quickly phased to brownish or reddish brown wolf form, and it was called phasing for werewolves because of moon phases. They weren't the same as shifters... For one thing, shifters weren't forced to change under the full moon. They weren't shifters, they didn't shift. For them, it was called phasing.

Shade- agender- 20- fox...thing- boys- crush is Tsuki- has to adopt- can turn into a black fox with white tail tip- darkness possibly too- Tags
The black haired one twitched black ears and looked around. A white tipped black tail flicked and moved a bit. The fox...thing looked around once more, then shook their head. They turned into fox form, and pounced into a bush that grew on the island.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 1- Matsumura

Postby Soup5 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:19 pm

XXXMatsumura Yoshito/male/250/tanuki/tag:
    The moonlight reflected nothing but the faint sound of small soft paw steps trampled through the solid earth. The creature appeared to be faster than keen eyes could catch. As the creature removed himself from the shade, the shadow soon revealed an energetic tanuki cutting through the wind in a strong dash, leaving behind a trail of leaves and the prints of his tiny paw steps on earth. The leaf on his head was attached to his head; the stem still flowed in the air but the body rested on the top of his head. The smell of greenery in which he drifted through tickles his tiny nose. He always appeared confident in himself; his eyes gleamed with youthful innocence while he had something else in mind. Matsumura would search around for a victim to steal again; it was his usual routine.

After a while, his movement returned to a trot when a thought emerged from his head. Matsumura raised his head at the sky; another clear night. Ever since he came to this island, days hardly looked any different from the same darkness engulfing the island. Matsumura also remembered the human with wings like a dove. He recalled all the rules on the island, but they mostly do not apply to a thief like him. Robbing is legal as long as he doesn't discriminate against everyone. He heard that right; he can freely rob everyone to his heart's content. A snicker slipped from his lip from the sarcasm. There may be gigantic creatures on this island, but he assured himself that they could only catch the wag of his tail.

Matsumura dropped his head and continued with his walk. The breeze smoothes out his orange fur as he steps. His claws dug into the soil and buried his face into his body when a gust of wind slightly pushed his body back. The gust quickly disappeared and he shook out his messy fur. Matsumura continues to go deeper into the forest.
Soup5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:56 pm

Midori | male | Kirin | Grown and purified nature | crush is open | tags: open

He run around the forest on his Kirin from, he loved it, the fresh air touching his scaled skin and making his feathers tail blow in the air. He enjoyed the fresh morning smells, especially when there was nothing up normal there.

Fuko | female | Bakeneko | bring misfortune | crush is Okuri Rin | tags: Okuri

She was on her cat form, a chocolate tortoiseshell with a split tail and bright heterochromia eyes followed the small tracks of the monster wolf she hear to be named Okuri Rin. Going too close with a beast like that could not be wise for her to do, but something about this male interested her a lot, so she took the risk and walked the male "good afternoon sweetheart, are you lost?" she asked the male after turning to her human form.

Gin'iro (Gin) |male | Inukami |blue flames | crush is open | tags: Tsuki, open

He got to this island, looking for the scent of his friend Tsuki, which he knew to be somewhere there too. After getting to his track he followed to find the black kitsune "Tsuki? what are you doing here alone?" he asked the kitsune with dark blue hair.

Tsuki | agender (he/they) | Black Kitsune | Black flames | crush is open | tags: Gin, open
He left to hide almost immediately when he got to this island, he was not sure about himself at all. He was afraid if the seal was broken or not, so he kept his silence. He sat at the large cave near a lake, he found the place beautiful, his eyes turned toward the familiar White Inukami approving to the cave entrance "Gin? Where else I supposed to be?" the kitsune responded with a sight.

Shinsei /Shin) | agender (he/she/they) | golden dragon | genderswift | crush is open | tags: Mina

the golden-haired dragon sat at the rock of the beach, rather unsure what he could be doing at them moment. He looked toward some of the caves there, where the water blew to the bigger ocean. his eyes noticed the female mermaid there "so you live in here too? What do you do to give your days going faster?" he asked the female as she got a little bit closer.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me