( ➴ ) ── REVAMPED

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

( ➴ ) ── REVAMPED

Postby bee » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:34 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────
            𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃
            the royal family has sat comfortably in castle fenrir for generations. with
            a substantial amount of wealth and healthy soldiers spilling from every in
            ch of land, the thought of the peace ending has never crossed their mind.
            that is, until the heir to the throne goes missing. search parties are sent
            from one town to the next, gossip of thieves and demons and foul play w
            ithin the kingdom's borders following soldiers as they look for the prince.

within the deep reaches of the land resides a ragtag group, all young and
            bright-eyed, trained to take down an enemy in a heartbeat and steal to s
            urvive. the messy family will take in any misfit that stumbles across their
            path. they throw away their birth names and take on those of creatures ,
            learning to be wild and carefree and to live off the land rather than eat f
            rom the hand of the royals. they find a terrified boy on their journey and
            take him under their wing to teach him their ways - though things grow c

omplicated when a group of soldiers seem to recognize his face.
            ──────────────────────────────────────
            𝐇𝐄 x𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 x𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑 x𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 x𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 x𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍x !x !
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
Last edited by bee on Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bee » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:04 pm

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀 𝐏𝐎𝐄𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃
            i. obviously all cs rules apply! no being bad. ii. be kind. i've been in too m
            any rps where people are just downright nasty. any rudeness will result in
            being kicked. iii. try to be active please! at least a post a week, if not jus
            t let us know and we can work around it. iv. a discussion page will be mad
            e for forms and ooc, but i'll probably make a discord server too. v. please
            pm me to reserve spots! two chars per person, possibly three if you're wil
            ling to play one of the youngins and no one else wants to. vi. at least a go
            od paragraph per post. no need for fancy coding. don't make your charact
            er too op, blah blah, you know the gist. vii. all sexualities and genders ar
            e acceptable and encouraged! viii. worldbuilding has been done partly by
            me, but a lot of it is open for you guys. please feel free to talk ooc and s
            uggest things you want to happen or be canon. ix. i'm open to creating ne
            w char slots if there's enough interest, just shoot me a pm! i wont bite c:
            𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐄 ! !
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████

───𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑑───
            ██████
            ██████
            ██████
Last edited by bee on Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

meet the creatures

Postby bee » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:10 pm

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑬𝑨𝑹. foe paw.
bear is the glue that holds this fam
ily together. strong and resilient, t
hey stand as a shield that protects
the others from the world. they are
the parental figure, steady in their
ways and deeply kind in their heart.
open-hearted - tough love - patient
(age - 20-30)

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑶𝑳𝑭 𝑪𝑼𝑩. strawbs.
the cub has fenrir blood in his vein
s, yet some desperate ache drove
him to escape the castle walls. he
didn't fit into the royal life and ex
pects more - but he isn't quite rea
dy for the pain of the real world.
trusting - loyal - somewhat naive
(age - 12-18)
𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑭𝑶𝑿. bee.
fox is known to be a pain. charm a
nd a quick wit only gets them so fa
r - they tend to dig into trouble th
at didn't need to be started. they d
o have one thing going for them - t

hey started this family, messy as it is.
sharp tongue - quick - observant
(age - 20-30)

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑹𝑨𝑩𝑩𝑰𝑻. ohm.
rabbit took after fox - a sly kid wit
h a love for all things mischief. the
y adore the chaos of life, be it sing
ing too loud or pulling a prank on an
unsuspecting victim. they have a c

oncerning love of fire and explosives.
stubborn - reckless - hopeful
(age - 12-15)
𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑫𝑶𝑬. azhefa.
doe is who you'd go to with proble
ms, be it a skinned knee or a shoul
der to cry on. she loves unconditio
nally and without question - doe w
ould be described by others as too
good for this world. their sunshine.
medic - nurturing - affectionate
(age - 20-30)

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑭𝑨𝑾𝑵. molotov.
fawn is a gentle soul, easy to upse
t yet easy to make smile. they can
read others easily and seem to fee
l people's emotions as intensely as
they do. they favor the doe, tailin
g her and listening to every word.
forgiving - soft - wise beyond years
(age - 12-15)
𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑶𝑾𝑳. strawbs.
independent and self-sufficient, it
's a surprise that owl even joined t
heir ranks. they tend to be quiet a
nd keep to themselves. they're exc
eptional with a bow, and tend to sl
eep in the trees to keep watch.
intelligent - coy - closed off
(age - 20-30)

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑴𝑶𝑼𝑺𝑬. gray.
the name's a deception. mouse is an
ything but quiet - they have a loud
mouth and often speak their mind
with no care of who it affects. the
y have a short temper and aren't a
fraid to spit venom when provoked.
spitfire - callous - overprotective
(age 20-30)

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑽𝑰𝑷𝑬𝑹. soojin.
viper is the newest recruit. not mu
ch is known about them, and their
acceptance into the group was uns
ure. quiet and reserved, when vipe
r speaks it seems disingenuine. som
ething toxic is hiding up their sleeve.
liar - closed-off - spying on creatures
(age - 20-30)

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑴𝑶𝑶𝑺𝑬. soojin.
moose was the easy-going one, alw
ays calm and relaxed no matter the
circumstance. he waded through lif
e like the current didn't bother him.
that is, until he was taken away by
the kings men and presumed dead.

tranquil- free spirit- critical thinker
(age - 20-30)

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑹𝑨𝑪𝑪𝑶𝑶𝑵. apologies.
words words words words words w
here - here - here -here
(age - 20-30)

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫.​ mtuan.
hound is bursting at the seems with
energy, a kid full of love for the wo
rld and those around them. hound i
s always positive and won't hestitat
e to blab for hours about their happ
iness. a bit aloof, but appreciated.
optimistic - loud - emotional
(age - 18-25)

Last edited by bee on Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:15 am, edited 9 times in total.
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bee » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:52 am

─────── res ───────
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( ➴ ) ── of creatures and home // one spot left

Postby bee » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:01 pm

𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑠 --- 𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑛 / 𝑐𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑒𝑑
bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

sly fox 001.

Postby bee » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:50 pm

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ────── ⯎ 𝑭𝑶𝑿 !!
    harlow smith gender' male age' twenty-three location' returning to camp tagged' moose, boar (indirect) bear
    ██
    ██

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

────fox hadn't meant to drift off, but his sleepless night and the busy morning following foretold it. his original plan had been to hunt for a toad to show off to the little ones - at least, that'd be his excuse as to why his chores weren't done. the drooping willow tree closed out most of the world, only letting the sun through it's canopy in groggy little patches and dulling the loudest of the bird's trills. something about the way the stream gurgled sounded like a soft hymn sang just for him, a lullaby that coaxed a tired body to lay down and rest. it was serene and lovely in every way. before he'd settled down, fox had the thought that this was something an artist would paint on a canvas - if he had any of the skill he'd have immortalized this place himself, his brief taste of peace. it was a stark contrast to the usual trouble he'd delve into, and for once in a long while it was accepted.

now the sun had began it's sinking course into the mountains and taken the heat with it. what was once a comfortable blanket of warmth was now cold teeth nipping at exposed skin, the sound of songbirds replaced with the chirp of early crickets and the occasional frog's croak. amber eyes fluttered open to the leaves up above, grainy and dark with the dying light. fox pulled in a chilly breath and let it out slowly. if only it could've lasted longer. for a few moments he stretched his limbs, reaching his arms behind his head and opening his jaw in a wide yawn.

he rolled onto his feet with a grunt and gathered up his things; bear's whittling knife and a piece of wood in the crude shape of an animal, though which kind was questionable. both were shoved into his pockets before he started his way back to camp, stepping over stream-slicked rocks and following the thin path of trampled grass. to others it might be a hazardous journey in the dark, but fox knew the route like the back of his hand, as he did with most of this patch of land. dusk was settling like a towel thrown over a fire, quieting the forest and snuffing out the usual buzz of life. before fox ducked under the canopy of trees, he lifted his head and scanned the sky until he found the circle of the moon, then pressed his lips against his fingers and blew her a kiss. she sat quiet in the sky as always, and he smiled.

the man's pace picked up as he wound through the standing trees, hopped over the fallen ones. bear had probably finished dinner by now and would chastise him for being gone so long, and as always fox would offer a faux apologetic grin and shrug his shoulders and promise he'd try better tomorrow, even though they both knew that was a lie. fox would sniff at whatever was in the pot or roasted over the fire and say something like "it smells lovely!", and bear would grumble about how he should've been there when it was hot. the thought was enough to make him smirk and shake his head as he kicked an unburied stone across the forest floor, sent it skidding into a gnarl of roots with a soft thud. he was thankful for the care and consideration even though the older man had many other bodies to worry about. over the last few months everyone had been more tense about the other's locations, knowing where they were and if they were safe, especially the young ones. and especially since one of them had gone...missing. fox's smile disappeared.

before his mind wandered much, he was ripped from his thoughts by the sound of something heavy snapping a dry twig. it was enough to make the crickets stop their drone of chirping as if they'd all drawn in a unified gasp. a hand flew to the hip of his belt and felt for the missing hilt of his dagger - of course it'd be gone the moment he needed it. fox mouthed a curse and lowered himself, tilted his head until his ear was aligned with the direction of the sound. whatever it was was coming quickly and, to his dismay, right for him. a cold tingle of panic dripped down fox's spine. idiot. he was supposed to be the clever one.

a whittling knife wouldn't do him much good, but in a moment of desperation he could get a good jab in and take out an eye. fox fished it out of his pocket and placed the hilt in his mouth, gathered his haunches, and flung himself into the nearest tree.

it was a graceful climb, and as pitiful as the act was, it had gotten him out of many could-be sticky situations. it was commonly used during hide and seek with the children - he'd clamp a hand over his mouth to hold back laughter as he watched them scamper around on the ground from a high branch. now he was biting down on a sad excuse for a weapon, both hands placed on the thick limb below him for balance as he crouched and peered through the leaves in search of the oncoming threat. he hadn't attempted an aerial attack before, but there was a first for everything.

bee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚜 1

Postby kanni » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:36 am

─────────────── 𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚗 ────────────────── ─ ─
────────────── 𝚢𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚗 𝚗𝚒𝚔𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚎𝚟 ──────────────── ─ ─
    she/they || 24 || starflower/sandalwood || personal tent || no current tags || mentions bear
██
██
██

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
raccoon had slept well the night before, though not for long, which wasn’t all that uncommon. she couldn’t help her internal clock, forever tracking the rise and fall of the moon in the sky and dragging her along with it. despite the few hours she managed every night, the brunette was brimming with energy every day, to be used for productive means or wasted on silly pranks and jaunts down to the nearby river to search for shiny things and nick nacks to bring back to her friends. she’d had no dreams the night before, simply blinking in and out of the unconscious world without really getting any purchase on the paths she saw stretched out before her. it wasn’t concerning - there was no reason for her to be chasing after the advice of the old ones as of late. they were settled in well into their current camp, there weren’t any parties coming up that she needed to attend yet - always yet - and the worst thing that had happened to them thus far was someone’s tent falling in on itself during the process of setting up. the brunette snorted at the mental image that graced her at that recollection, muffled shouts and the crashing of wooden poles against one another as bear shuffled about in concern.
xxx
speaking of bear, she needed to discuss the meal plan for the next week with him at some point. they hadn’t eaten as a group yet, but the pleasant aroma of spices and warm meat crawling through the air at a leisurely pace was an assurance that they would soon. raccoon didn’t want to repeat bear’s dinner for the next day, it was her turn after all, and she liked to plan out the week anyway. there were plenty of dishes they could pick from, and if set up correctly, they could expose the children to the proper nutrients throughout the week without overusing the same ingredients. adjusting her grip on the worn handle broom she had put together several moons ago, raccoon continued to bat the dust, dirt, and dead bugs off the outer layers of her tent. no one particularly cared about appearances here, minus one or two that should really just get over themselves - in raccoon’s opinion - but it was nice having a tidy space for herself. of course it wasn’t really tidy, but she chose to ignore the overflowing bags and wooden boxes of journals, old quills, and empty ink pots scattered about the floor. it was a necessary mess, and one that raccoon considered organized chaos. it may not be the prettiest to look at, but she knew where everything was and where it belonged was where it currently resided. the few times moose had tried to help her “clean up” she had bristled and batted at him with this very broom until he had stumbled out of the tent in a clear retreat.
xxx
the young woman paused, knuckles turning white around the broom. oh, moose. she missed him dearly, but she couldn’t waste any more tears on him. the best she could do was continue to keep an ear out at the nearby village’s gossip circle and the noble parties. crying had only put her several steps behind. she hadn’t been very productive those first few days. sighing, the brunette let go of her tool and allowed it to droop against the canvas of her tent. She could come back to this before the moon fully rose. it was hard to believe the day was already coming to a close, but she’d been quite busy throughout the hours, gathering flowers and herbs to dry for the coming change of seasons. speaking of which, she nudged the bundles hanging in her entrance with one finger, testing the strength of the string they were threaded upon. normally she’d use an animal bone and stronger thread, but she was short on both. hopefully there were some of the former left over from dinner she could bleach and store for next time. raccoon planted a hand on her hip as she examined the swaying lavender and clover. things were certainly good, but there were little bits and pieces that could definitely be better - in her opinion.
xxx
the ground beneath her bare feet was still warm from a sunny day, but not uncomfortably so, and she shifted her weight occasionally to dig one heel deeper into the soft earth, then the next. she wasn’t going to get much done just standing her reminiscing about people gone missing and a lack of supplies that she could easily snatch from the table or some sorry shopkeeper's trash heap. she needed something to do, her list of tasks for the day had long been exhausted - minus beating at her tent with a broom, but that could always be left for another day - and she was slowly beginning to feel that spark in the base of her spine. the spark that would slowly travel up to her mind and only spelled out mischief and trouble for others. the longer she let it simmer the more she’d feel the urge, and she was getting too old to be giving into it as frequently as she did. raccoon dragged one sharp-nailed hand down her face, heaving another sigh. maybe she could update her journals.
kanni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♃ — bear — 1

Postby Foe Paw » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:42 am

( ) Bᴇᴀʀ
      ----x he/him 30 loc. tags. mentions fawn, rabbit, raccoon, moose

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
      stew was about ready. bear brought the wooden ladle up, splashed a bit on his cupped palm and licked it, humming thoughtfully. still a bit bland. he dried his hands on the rag he'd been keeping looped through his belt and went to the spice rack, picking out what to add. they were out of salt, having ran out of the precious spice relatively recently. they'd kept themselves out of the guard's reach recently, but with the dogs still sniffing at their doorstep, bear didn't want to send out extra supply runs just for this. better to leave it to run out until more things needed restocking. to make up for the lack of it, and for the small amount of meat by cooking a large iron nail inside it, bear had added generous amounts of coriander, sage and garlic, and he got himself another handful of each, as well as a beautiful bundle of freshly picked rosemary that fawn had brought from his gardens earlier today. the dried spices were useful, most certainly, and easier to travel with, but nothing in the land could surpass freshly picked herbs for food. bear couldn't help but smile picking out some of the leaves, making a note to mention to fawn how well his efforts had paid off in today's dinner. finally, he also got one half of a lemon someone else had left behind from another meal, and returned to the pot, adding in his haul and squeezing the lemon juice in. he stirred, tasted the stew — again not licking directly from the ladle, like he'd seen some people do, people who then had the audacity to laugh at him for licking his hand like adding spit to the main pan was in any way better — and replaced the lid on the huge cast iron pot. from here it was just a matter of letting it sit on the fire until it was done. he looked over the baked apples that had been left among the campfire's coals, noting that they'd probably be ready just in time as well, and paused to stretch and walk around, looking at the camp winding down for the night.

this camp was one of their temporary ones, nothing more than a collection of tents half-circled around the main campfire. it was well-placed in the sense that the trek it took to get to it made it harder to spot coming from the direction of the road, a fact that had already come into play several times in the recent weeks, but aiming for safety meant that it was left unfortunately open to a chill wind at night, an aspect that could clearly be seen in the way the tents were set up almost huddled together near the campfire, using whatever pathetic cover the cart could offer as a windbreak. for all that they'd only been here a couple of months, and only intended to stay for long enough to get their supplies and their plans together for the early winter travel, the marks of passage left there by the creative nature of his family were already showing all across camp. on that pine, stretching between the lower branches was an elaborate tangle of string and wood that raccoon had placed, explained to him as meant to shield them from sight when she caught bear eyeing it with confusion. there, the broken remains of twigs and arrows that rabbit had somehow improvised into a trap to catch them dinner, whose only negative point was that it had been set way too close to camp and not mentioned to anyone, and so almost got him shot when bear walked on it without realizing. on the ancient oak growing on the south side, near the stream, little carved animals danced and cavorted on the trunk, placed there under the bored hands and whittling knives of the creatures who worked with wood. bear walked closer to the oak, coming closer to examine the carvings, when something white down near the water caught his eye.
      he crouched down to dislodge it from the mud, where it'd gotten stuck there between the reeds. the white thing came loose, and once the stream washed off some of the muck covering it bear managed to take a closer look.
      it was a half-carved bone needle, starting to show its shape from the deer antler it was a part of. bear's stomach dropped as he turned it in his hands, because he recognized this. he'd complained that his old needle had been lost in their last move, and moose offered to make him a new one. moose's work, sitting unfinished in his hands—

stop. think of something else.

bear's mind shied away from the painful thought, dropping the needle with the same instinctive quickness that nature provided to avoid pain as if it had been on fire. he turned away from the peaceful little spot near the river and fled back to the camp. didn't want to think about it. most of him was like this, nowadays. his past was all full of wide, barren swathes of memory that were kept from overwhelming him only by being avoided, skipped over. he barely remembered he had any name besides fox's funny little nickname, exchanged on a whim at the start of their journey together. he was nothing besides whatever task he currently had in front of him. thankfully, there was always another task. bear returned to the safer, well-tread paths in his mind, the ones concerned to day-to-day survival, throwing himself into the chores. he looked around for something to do, anything, until spotting a log that had been set aside earlier. he hauled it to the right spot, found his axe, and set himself to chopping wood. the repetitive motion and the physical effort subsumed the rest of his mind. he worked at it mechanically until it was all in pieces, then stacked it all neatly. he checked back on his pot, pulled the apples off the main fire to cool off, then hauled in more water from the stream for use around camp and to refill the horses' trough. there were other small things to do around camp, which managed to make the wait blissfully busy until it was time to pull out the cutlery and bowls for dinner. he set the mismatched things on a pile near the stove, and breathed in.

"dinner time now. gather round, gather round." bear rasped out the annoucement in a tone that was loud to his standards, but would most certainly not be enough to get the scattered attention of the creatures. he wasn't willing to shout louder, though. both for safety reasons — since shouting in the woods was generally speaking a bad idea for them — but also because going up in volume would make him go hoarse. that was fine — he could do the legwork instead. bear ladled in some stew in a wooden bowl, grabbed one of the baked apples with the rag and went off to hunt someone to drop the food on, so that they'd come eat and tell him where the others were.
      ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Foe Paw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ➴ ) ── Kodiak 01. no friction, i'm yours!

Postby mtuan, » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:07 am

┌───────────────┐

𝙃𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙂 𝙎𝙀-𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙉
    xxx'x '𝙆𝙊𝘿𝙄𝘼𝙆'
    (him) boar (tagged) fox (misc.) bruh this is so rough im
    in tears- icb it's night- 1,221 words

mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtuan,mtu-

└───────────────┘

The birds chirped and the critters called just as the sun began to rise, a signal of life that began to stir upon the cool forest floor. While for some, the world was just awakening, with the sun rising above the horizon as dawn peaked from behind gray clouds, others seemed to have been awake for far too long already. Or at least- for one man in particular, the break of dawn meant nothing more than a signal that the rest of the crew were finally stirring from their slumbers. Lazy, the rest of the lot usually were.

However, Kodiak never did seem to follow the rule of the rest of the pack, often doing as he pleased, going wherever he pleased, and simply living his life the way he desired. No one stopped the young man from taking himself where he wanted- chores or whatever happened in camp be damned. Usually his sharp words and quick jabs were enough to get the message across when it boiled down to temperament-- no one really messed with an angry boar. Usually. Which meant leaving Kodiak to his own devices of what's on the schedule at dawn, while everyone else was fast asleep.

And such schedules certainly did not involve sleeping in, even on the laziest days. (Or perhaps that was a lie- lazy Sundays seemed to take over more than once-) A perfect living quarter, a perfect bed and the softness of even the fluffiest of duvets couldn't bring the boar back into bed even if they begged. Even when the drowsiness of sleep was the warmest on a frigid winter day, Kodiak never seemed capable of staying still as the first signs of life outside. He enjoyed the action of life, like a movie that never seemed to dull over time.

The pretty, gray-pink mornings like today's were no different when it came down to the exact same kind of mentality and routine. A routine that involved nothing more than a loose black tee and some pair of grey track pants, the drawstrings pulled loose around his waist, and some worn sneakers- the perfect kind for an early morning run. And a mentality that was the strongest and most motivated during while the sun also rose in the sky.

And it's exactly what Kodiak Hwang looked forward to each morning, for his chance to sneak away from the rest of his 'mates and the camp for some quiet workout session. He'd always started with a sprint- making quick work to get up to speed, before taking off through the winding trees, kicking up dead and dried leaves in his wake. The first sprints of the day were always his favorite to start his adrenaline, have his blood begin pumping through his veins. But it always soon mellowed into a medium jog- something that would carry the young man until the end of his morning run. And some runs were longer than others- this morning had resulted in an one hour run with some jog dotted sporadically along his chosen route. Though running wasn't always Kodiak's choice of morning exercise, it certainly had been a frequent one as of recent- with everything ongoing and messy, the jogs provided some sort of staple to the chaos. Though it wasn't the only constant source of comfort- a knife strapped to Kodiak's right thigh was usually enough to help deter most physical confrontations, and thus, equally provided some sort of grounding for the poor man.

Otherwise- various weights and equipment would have sufficed just fine too- if he even had the privilege of crossing those anymore, anyway. And no-- the dumbbells sitting in his room really didn't count.

Of course- he would have never thought that he'd use it on one of his own allies; however, today proved to be a little too close of a call, when Kodiak happened to jog past a serene lake, snapped a twig underneath the soles of his sneakers, and suddenly, a panicked commotion spiraling into the air. 'Course, the young man hadn't thought of much when he'd stepped on said twig- there had been plenty of those from today alone, but nothing could have prepared him for the rush through the leaves and low hanging branches when some seemingly larger creature (ahem- later identified as one of the boys,) spooked out of their own skin.

It'd been a little closer to sundown by the time he'd encountered any confrontation such as this one, the day having gone smoothly with little interruptions for the most part. Though it's with the thought that Kodiak hadn't been back in camp nearly all day, staying out of the little makeshift home as much as possible, as if to make a point of reflecting his loner status. Or perhaps he simply hadn't wanted to deal with bear's insistent nagging like the absolute mother he'd become.

Kodiak's face twists in confusion at the sudden flurry, but he instinctively reaches for the knife strapped to his leg regardless. His fingers merely graze the nicely wrapped, yet worn handle of his blade, before an undeniable flash causes his confusion to fade into realization and relief. A mop of dark hair against starkly pale skin-- very tall, yet in splitting moment, didn't seem too broad or sturdy.

"Jesus, you nearly gave me a heart attack." he huffs irritably as Kodiak brings himself back into a standing position, his fingers pulling away from the blade he nearly pulled from it's sheathe. "You're so skittish, damn, all I did was step on a twig and you're already up a tree like some monkey."

Running a hand through his tousled locks, the boar tilts his head up into the trees, knowing his camp mate- or whatever (because found family sounded to cliche for the young man's liking) was somewhere in the foliage; his eyes do their best to scan through the trees, yet it still takes him time to spot the boy. "Can you please come back down- I know you're up there."

Thank the heavens Kodiak hadn't seen the poor boy- fox, they knew him as, up in the trees, with his his fur metaphorically standing on end and a little whittling knife between his teeth. Because come on, there would be way too many less than pleasing comments the boar could've made out of mock spite- and everyone knew Kodiak never gave a damn when it came to speaking whatever happened to fly in his mind.

Vaguely- and oddly enough, Kodiak could almost hear Bear's voice off in the distance; surely a hallucination all things considered when bear wasn't exactly the loudest of the bunch. Maybe it really was his nagging wearing off for causing such a commotion-- or maybe because it'd been late enough to be considered dinner time.

Again, some garbled noise rises from the boar's throat without any coherency and the man simply pinches the bridge of his nose in annoyance. Around him, the forest is lit with liquid gold, a clear transition between the pinken gray skies just over 12 hours ago.

(It's pretty out right now, Kodiak would've chosen to take his time and marvel at the post golden hour, if he hadn't very nearly scared the literal piss out of his poor buddy currently up in the trees.)

(Do foxes even climb-)
mtuan,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( ➴ ) ── of creatures and home

Postby gray~ » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:05 am

██
██
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
24 // he/him // the forest -> the camp // tagged: whoever is in camp! // mentioned: bear, moose

Mouse was watching the birds.
It wasn't an unusual occurence. Sitting, perched in a tree in the forest, his journal in one hand, charcoal in the other, with his eyes on the skies, watching the evening birds flit about, returning to their nests, or heading out for the night's hunt. That was the best part about the evenings. All types of birds were out, and while the night might have seemed still at first glance, it was thriving and bustling with life. He could hear the sporadic, off-beat chirp of the nightingales, the low, throaty buzzing of the nightjars. Overhead, two buzzards were circling each other, as they returned home from their day hunting. The forest was thrumming with movement and flight, and Mouse was content to take it all in, losing himself in the evening ambience and forgetting everything else. Mouse usually wasn't a man who knew how to de-stress, but if he hadn't let himself just chill out tonight, he might have done something he'd regret.
He'd spotted soldiers earlier. Not very close by, but certainly too close for comfort. There was something about seeing them that set him off - he felt crazy. Out of control. A year or two ago he would have just set off after them without a second thought. It really showed just how far he'd come that he was sitting here, in this moment, just his thoughts and the birds. Thank god he had some good influences on his life these days.
He scribbled on his page - it had started out a ladscape view of the forest, but the more Mouse had got in his head about those damn soldiers and what they could do to his family, the heavier he'd leaned on the charcoal, and the page was quickly becoming a dark mess of scratchy lines and chaotic scribbling. He hardly even noticed as his hands got covered in black dust, and the absent-minded chewing of his lip turned more intense. He just needed to drown out the noise in his head. The anger that they'd got so close to disturbing his home. The fear they might actually find them. The panic that Moose might have talked, and helped the soldiers find them...
He couldn't think about all that right now. He'd just lose it and do something reckless. No, he'd just sit here, listening to the birds, scribbling in his book, and letting the evening chill wash over him. Especially since he'd have to go to dinner soon, and if he was in a bad mood around the others, especially the kids, he'd end up doing or saying something to hurt someone and it would end up keeping him up at night.
Wait. Dinner.
Mouse's brow furrowed as he looked at the birds flitting around. It was *just* nocturnal birds now. And the sun had sunk almost entirely below the horizon. He glanced down at his page to see it almost entirely blotted out by dark scribbling. The chewing of his lip had drawn blood. Just how long had he been sitting there? Bear would be so disappointed... He scribbled a swear word in one of the few blank spaces left on the page before shutting the book, no doubt smudging what he'd done further. He stashed the journal in his bag, and climbed down the tree. He probably looked a sight, but present and a mess was better than not present at all. He traced his steps back towards the camp. He could start to smell the stew the closer he got, and only now realised how hungry he was. He'd get better at this some day.
His whole body relaxed as he entered the circle of tents, the familiar warmth of the campfire, smell of Bear's cooking, and feeling of home washed over him. As rattled as he may have been, at least he still had this to return to.
"I'm here, I'm here!" he announced to the camp, pre-empting a 'where were you, what time do you call this' speech. "Sorry I'm late, but I'm here."
gray~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me