( ❤ ── magical-girl day/night shift (now o/a)

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

( ❤ ── magical-girl day/night shift (now o/a)

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:58 am

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

╒═════════════════════════════════╕
magical girls... if you know anime, you know them.
young girls recruited by magical creatures to fight evil forces
and deal with crime as their alter-egos... but in the city of
aiyama, japan, there's more to being a magical girl than that.
there are two small groups of magical girls in this town: the
day-shift and the night-shift. as the names imply, one group
handles the dirty work during the day while the other handles
it during the night; switching out during dusk and dawn. the
routine was established a few years ago by two magical girls,
who each took in new recruits based on those recruits' own
routines and abilities. things have been going well... at least
until recently, when some other-worldly dark force disrupted
the magical girls' shifts and caused some to work overtime.
now that recruits from one shift are mingling with the other,
how awkward and chaotic will things get for those who are so
used to their regular magical-girl shift--especially since both
shifts have been low-key rivals since the original leaders had
mysteriously vanished roughly two years ago?

╘═════════════════════════════════╛

╒═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
(apparently, the whole "magical-girl" thing started when magical creatures who claimed to be from the world of phantasia
popped out of nowhere and began searching for recruits as they were told to do by "mother" (who this "mother" character is remains
unknown to this day, as this information has always been disclosed from the recruits). they said that a dark force was planning to
take over all of the universe, and offered help to the girls if they agreed to aid them with driving off this dark force. strangely, even
though there have been odd sightings of evil creatures, the real dark-force had never shown itself to anyone... until recently.)

╘═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Last edited by RoselynBlackThorne on Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

character list + an important foot-note

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 am

╒═════════════════════════════════════════╕
"companions" are just the nickname given to the magical creatures who aid
the magical girls. they come in many forms, usually cute-looking, and have
one main ability that they can use to help in combat... though they save
those abilities for emergency use only. not all magical girls have their own
companion; it's usually the girls who start off needing a push.

the companions give each recruit a magic locket that they use to transform
into their magical-girl alter-egos. each locket is unique--not one of them
look exactly alike. basically like snowflakes.

╘═════════════════════════════════════════╛

DAY SHIFT
╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
common palette: bright/pastel colors
common companions: flower-fairies, diurnal creatures
more powerful during: daytime

(name | age (14-19) | female (cis or trans) |weapons (max.2) | powers (max.2) | companion? | player)

asuna tachibana | sixteen | female | staff, daggers | healing, light manip. | rabbit (hana) | roselynblackthorne
kiiro yuuma | fifteen | female | muskets | barriers | goldfinch | haru
kohaku yoshida | eighteen | female | microphone | sonic voice | xxx | soleil
anda akihiko | sixteen | female | sword | pyrokinesis | ocelot (ievan) | annyeong

╘═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

NIGHT SHIFT
common palette: dark/mellow colors
common companions: dark-fairies, nocturnal creatures
more powerful during: nighttime

(name | age (14-19) | female (cis or trans) | weapons (max.2) | powers (max.2) | companion? | player)

illyss euphorius | fifteen | female | firearms | space manip., teleports | xxx | moon shrimp
shima tomoko | sixteen | trans-female | bow, daggers | electrokinesis | kit fox | katllovescat
reina yamagata | sixteen | female | axe | cryokinesis | owl (saya) | moonjade
honoka matsume | eighteen | female | chain whips | enhanced agility/endurance | xxx | annyeong
kumi | seventeen | female | daggers | blue fire | silver fox (luka) | player

EVIL
small fractures compared to the actual dark-force that's rising,
they come from other worlds to do as they please.

(name | age (apparent or actual) | gender (apparent or actual) | weapons (max.2) | powers (max.2) | player)

alchys (yuki akige) | sixteen | agender | daggers | wings, conjuration | annyeong
eris (maki inuoka) | seventeen | female | necklace | curses, anti-magic | fennel

HUMANS
everyone else--just regular humans trying to live their lives.

(name | age | gender | extra | player)

Last edited by RoselynBlackThorne on Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:21 am

ALL BOARD RULES APPLY

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

── ALL FORMS ON THE DISCUSSION THREAD TO PREVENT CLUTTER!!

── Don't go over PG-13 content. Fade to black if necessary.

── OFFICIAL ANIME FACE-CLAIMS ONLY, TO PREVENT ART-THEFT WARNINGS!

── Try to be active, and let everyone know when you'll be gone for a while. If you go AWOL for over a month, I'll have no choice but to nudge you out and re-open your spot.

── Speaking of open spots, THERE IS A LIMIT OF 4 CHARACTERS EACH! Avoid making all four of them magical-girls or evils or humans, please.

── No god-modding/power-playing whatsoever. Imma warn you three times of this before you're booted from the RP.

── LGBT+ accepted. Haters gonna hate.

── A MINIMUM OF THREE FULL SENTENCES PER POST; NO ONE-LINERS.

── No disposing of characters without permission.

── Don't fight OOC! This means no flame-wars among users or cyber-bullying in general.

── I encourage drama. That's what this RP revolves around. :3

── PM me if you wanna reserve. Warning, though--the spot will re-open if your form doesn't at least have the basics in a week!

── I'll add more rules if necessary, but until then... Enjoy~ :3

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ❤ ── magical-girl day/night shift

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:28 am

discussion / forms

RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ❤ ── i

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:46 am

── a s u n a - t a c h i b a n a
day shift - - - hana the rabbit - - -
tags: ___

It was a beautiful spring morning--and, luckily, it was also the weekend. Asuna had left home with the excuse that she was going out with friends, only to transform into her magical-girl form when no one was looking and head off for her magical-girl day-shift with her companion Hana.
    "I thought these monsters were more common at night," Asuna said to the rabbit as they hurried along; jumping from roof to roof and almost invisible to the bustling city below them... "Do you really think there will be as many at this time of day?"
    "You just need to know where to look!" Hana assured her. "If they can't disguise themselves, they'll be hiding in dark places; like alleyways or garbage bins--"
    The girl made a small noise as she shuddered just thinking about going into an alley or looking in a garbage bin. "That sounds horrifying..."
    "Asuna! Show no fear, remember?! That's one of the most important things of being a magical girl!"
    ... Asuna nodded in reply, slowing down a little before stopping on the roof of a building to catch her breath.
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ( ❤ ── magical-girl day/night shift (now o/a)

Postby comeonspiderman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 am

Shinma Tomoko - Night Shift - Beans the kit fox - Tag: Open

Shinma ran across roof tops with her compainion Beans, following the last of a small group of monsters. It was undisguised and loud as it moved along the rooftops. Shinma huffed as she jumped into a good range. She summoned her bow and charged an electric arrow, aiming it at the creature. The kit fox jumped onto he shoulder and judged the aim. He whispered, "Fire," and Shinma released the arrow. The two watched as it split into two in the air and embedded both halves into the creature. With a snap, Shinma forced both halves to loose their shape and explode through the creature.
"Good work!" Beans jumped off of his partner's shoulder and ran over to the last of the monster that sat on the rooftop. Shinma followed close behind, a tired smile on her face. She had been up since late last night tracking and hunting monsters and she hoped that this would be the last of her overtime for the month but she also doubted it. "Lets clean this up and head home, I need sleep."
Last edited by comeonspiderman on Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
comeonspiderman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby horror. » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:45 pm

Illyss Euphorius
Night Shift ★ Tagged With: Asuna Tachibana ★ Where You Are Not

More magical girls have been appearing as of late and Illyss did not like that. These girls didn't know what it really took to be a magical girl. They'll only get themselves killed. But if they truly believed in their own delusions, then so be it. It's pointless in trying to stop them.

Illyss stirred her coffee rather slowly as she stared off into the distance. She watched the top of the buildings from the small café she sat in. Monsters don't usually step out in broad day light. She wouldn't begin her work until the sun came down and night crept in. In the distance, she made out a dark figure blur by at the top of a two story department store.

Another magical girl—most likely a part of the day shift. She decided she would greet this girl whom she had not seen before. She must have recently become a magical girl.

Borrowing a small portion of her magic, she appeared before her with a small frown. The girl was trying to catch her breath, and it looked like she has not noticed her presence yet. Still in her civilian form, she addressed the girl.

"I haven't seen you around before. Are you a new magical girl?" Her voice was steady and almost distant. Illyss stepped closer towards her form.

"You're wasting your time."
horror.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CherrySeasons » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:47 pm

reina yamagata
    profile ♡ magical girl {night shift} ♡ saya the owl ♡ tags: open

Reina was chasing after a monster, the last one for the night, she’d hoped. Only, it wasn’t night anymore. Ever since she accepted the role of becoming a magical girl three years ago, Reina only had to fight these monsters under the moon. She was one of the night shift girls, after all. But lately, she’d found herself taking them on until the sun was up and shining, like today.

She chased the creature down an alley, where it was led to a dead end. But instead of stopping there, it dug its claws into the building walls, and started to climb. Reina summoned a trail of ice that crawled up and latched onto the monster's hind legs, immobilizing it. Immediately, it fell back onto the ground, the impact causing the ice to break and shatter.

With no other choice but to fight back, the monster charged toward Reina, its claws outstretched, its red eyes filled with rage. Reina immediately held out her elbow, where ice particles instantly joined together and formed into an ice shield, blocking the attack. Reina gripped her axe with her other hand, and in one swift motion, she slashed the monster in half.

After a few moments of silence, Saya perched on top of her shoulder. “Well done, Miss Reina!” she cheered, peering down at the creature's lifeless body. “For a minute there, I was afraid it would get away and I’d never get a good night’s sleep. Who knows what bigger troubles these beasts would live to cause if we are to ever let them slip away?”

The thought of it made Reina shiver. As her ice shield dissipated, she closed her eyes and sighed. “Please tell me that was the last one. I need to get some sleep and unwind.”
CherrySeasons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ❤ ── ii

Postby RoselynBlackThorne » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:54 am

── a s u n a - t a c h i b a n a
day shift - - - hana the rabbit - - -
tags: Illyss (new magical-girl, who dis)

Asuna looked up upon noticing someone address her. This girl didn't look... well... pleased to have a newbie in her presence. Just the way that she talked to her made Asuna wince.
    "Don't worry, Asuna," Hana assured her. "Illyss here is on night-shift. She's just not used to having novices around."
    However, the bunny still looked back at Illyss warily with a nervous smile--as if she wasn't sure what else to say about her.
    Asuna, however, didn't feel any better despite what Hana said. "Um... I... Y--Yes; I'm new... I'm just... I'm just on my shift right now..."
RoselynBlackThorne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby comeonspiderman » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:27 am

Shinma Tomoko - Night Shift - Beans the kit fox - Tag: Reina

Shinma cleaned the mess of a monster up quickly. She jumped down into an alley and transformed into her normal street clothes. "Lets head home Beans." Beans jumped down onto her shoulder and rubbed his cheek against Shinma's. The two began their walk back to Shinma's aunts walking through the alleyways to avoid the crowds of the morning. She passed one and saw another nightshifter standing over a creature. She recognized the person as Reina, someone they had teamed up with briefly before. "How'd it go?"
comeonspiderman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me