The Coming Darkness (Fantasy Shapeshifter) Accepting

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

The Coming Darkness (Fantasy Shapeshifter) Accepting

Postby Dracowolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:59 pm

Ages ago creatures of all sorts filled the world. Dragons, Gryphons, Pegasus, Unicorns, Manticors, Hydras, the list went on and on. They protected the world from those of their kind and others who would turn against it. Each country had their own stories and creatures of legends who fought for them. These were guardians of the world, until something got loose, something that corrupted mankind. Those guardians who were once respected or even considered messengers from the gods were now challenges, obstacles to conquer. Knights, dragon slayers, heroes, hunters, they went by many names but they struck down the guardians. To have mankind turn on them was unexpected and left the guardians confused, having no desire to fight those they guarded. The guardians turned and begged those that had once set them, those many considered gods, they begged for help. Help came, the guardians were turned mortal, turned to human.

The guardians lived out mortal lives, living amongst those who once hunted them. They fell in love, had children and died when their time came. Each generation had a few guardians, they watched over the world and fought off small threats, these became urban legends in much of the world like those of Loch Ness, Beast of Bray Road, Black Shuck, and Thunderbird, to name a few. There was balance in the world, but such a balance is often changed.

First the smaller attacks increased, stories popped up at a rapid pace. Now a great demon has come, the first of many. The embodiment of nightmares, it has already sent dozens into an eternal sleep where they are trapped in their own nightmare realm. With each person the demon traps it gets stronger.

Those who originally sent the guardians, titans or gods, have chosen to awaken as many as they can, throwing several people into a world they weren't aware of. Each guardian carries the mark of the creature they turn into so that those more experienced can identify them. They have a limited time to gather their forces and figure things out before the demons become too strong.

There is one other problem though, the guardians went away because of hunters and that won't change. In fact in a modern world where there are cameras everywhere that had only gotten worse and continue to get worse.
Last edited by Dracowolf on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Coming Darkness (Mythological Shapeshifter)

Postby Dracowolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:05 pm

The main characters of this RP will be shifters, at this time no hunters will be selected.

You can be as creative as you want with making your creature but within reason. I expect characters to be balanced. If you want inspiration for your character’s shift, look to mythology. Egyptian mythology you can be a Aspect of Anubis taking on a form like his or another of their gods. Greek Hydras and minotaurs. Norse had the Lindworm and Landvættir. You get the idea. Of course you can also adapt your own, as I said be as creative as you want, just make it fit the world.

This being said there are creatures I will not allow in the typical sense. I will not allow any demons as they are the main enemy.

Now there are two types of guardians.
The experienced, there are 5 of them they are the strongest and all over the age of 27. They know of the dangers coming.

The inexperienced (New), the youngest they can be is 16, oldest is 65. They don’t know what’s going on yet or how to control what they are.

When making your character, all creatures are mortal now, their lifespan is that of a human. You cannot be thousands of years old or unknown.

You can have as many characters as you want but only 1 experienced guardian per person.

To make this easy this will be happening in a no name modern, major city. The experienced guardians have a modified warehouse where they meet up and can build a training ground outside the city.

Before starting here’s the rest of the rules:

RP Rules
1. Above all else, use logic. Skilled fighters won’t struggle against a novice fighter. Equal fighters will struggle and won’t dodge any attack. If you’re making your character dodge everything and land every hit, it will not end well.
2. If your character does something stupid more than once, they will have consequences and that could be death. (You enter a villain lair alone, you might get out, you do it again things will go badly.)
3. Grammar and spelling are important. No text talk, mistakes happen but try. I understand typos and auto corrects.
4. Please avoid writing in the first person, it’s disorienting to go from reading third person replies to a first person.
5. Give people something to work with in terms of your reply. No one word replies.
6. Take all OOC and characters to the discussion thread.
7. This RP is laid back in terms of how quickly replies are expected. Try not to push it, I know people get excited but let's avoid leaving anyone behind.
8. You can have whatever mini plot you desire.
Last edited by Dracowolf on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:06 pm

Known Creatures:
Equine:
Centaurs, Draconic Steed, Unicorn, Pegasus, Kelpie, Hippocampus, Qilin, Ipotane
Reptiles:
Dragons, Hydras, Lindworm, Baskilisk, Wyvern, Naga
Feline:
Sphinx, Gryphon, Weretigers, Manticore, Chimera, Pixiu
Canine:
Werewolves, Direwolves, Child of Fenrir, Cerberus, Kitsune, Dragon Wolf
Other:
Aspect of the Gods (Pick an Egyptian god, take on their likeness), Minotaurs, Mermaids, Yeti, Troll, Phoenix, Siren, Harpy
*Remember you can always add a new creature, mythological or made up

Experienced Guardians
2/5

1. Leon - 29 - Aspect of Ra
2. Murphy - Kelpie
3. Open
4. Open
5. Open

New Guardians
(Unlimited)

Robert Bane (Bane) - 18 - Dragon Wolf
Natalia Svear - 17 - Werewolf (Humanoid)
Geren - 16 - Gryphon
Zavier - 21 - Cerberus
Arcaniss - 24 - Dragon
Riley - 16 - Siren
Felicia - 24 - Wyvern
Rosalina Anne - 18 - Mermaid
Open
Last edited by Dracowolf on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:04 am, edited 8 times in total.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dracowolf » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:01 am

Held Spot
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Coming Darkness (Fantasy Shapeshifter) Accepting

Postby Dracowolf » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:32 am

Leon
29 - Aspect of Ra - Police Officer
Tags: Open

Leon had been one of the only units in the area when the call came in about an accident, he went just because of how close he was and it was worse than he anticipated. While those involved were alive and the injuries minor at worse, the problem was the driver in the car that had hit a light-post was asleep and nothing would wake him. There had been cases like this popping up all over the city but never in the middle of the day. Usually it was people weren't waking up after a night of rest, falling into a coma like state during the night. He wasn't sure what was causing it yet, but he did know this wasn't natural. More units arrived on the scene and he slipped off. He wasn't sure how to deal with the situation as it continued to escalated like this.

As if demons were the least of his problems. On top of the typical robberies and such there were also more and more sightings of strange things going on, more than he had seen in his career before. It was still late afternoon, just starting to move into the evening, the streets would be crowded with rush hour soon. He had every intention of making his way to the warehouse that night to maybe make a plan. He had left the trunk of his Grandfather's things there which included old books on mythology. He'd tried to go through them before but much of it left him confused and uncertain of their meanings. He'd try again, mainly because he couldn't sit and do nothing. For now, he'd patrol.

Robert Bane (Bane) and Natalia Svear
18 - Dragon Wolf - Highschool Student / 17 - Werewolf (Humanoid) - Highschool Student
Tags: Open

Bane follow Talia through the halls of the school, trying his best to keep up with her as she went for the exit. Anytime he started to get crowded by others she would reach a hand back and grab the strap of his bag and pull him through. While he didn't like to force people out of his way, she had no problem with it. The two kept moving until they reached an exit, out of the claustrophobic mess of the hallways. Talia let go of Bane's bag and stretched. Friday afternoon, at long last. For the two of them it meant one thing, well actually it meant two different things. For Talia it was a chance to figure out what happened to her, what woke up that allowed her to shift. For Bane it meant worrying until Talia was going to do something dangerous and he was dragged into it. Talia started down the path, only intending to stop by their home to drop bags off and nothing more. Bane followed along, unaware that the strange mark that had appeared on his arm was showing just beyond the sleeve of his shirt.
Dracowolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JoRoanne » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:51 am

Rosalina // 18 // Mermaid

Rosalina rushed out of school once she heard the final bell. She had been longing to visit the docks all week but couldn't quite figure out why. Maybe I'm just missing my dad She thought while adjusting the strap on her backpack. She made her way down the sidewalk until she finally made it. She paused watching the waves crash on the beams before trotting up the few stairs and making her way to the end of the dock. Rosalina slid her backpack off and sat on the edge, her feet dangling inches above the flowing water. She sighed and inhaled the salty smell remembering times her father would bring her out here.
JoRoanne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Macmanus~ » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:31 pm

~~~~~~~~~~Murphy~~~~~Type: Kelpie~~~~Tags: Rosalina~~~~~~~~~~~
In the dark, murky depths, movement could hardly be seen. The fish, however, could feel the shifting of the water around them, as something was moving, something was emerging. Something that they all knew to fear. A sharp tail flicked, cutting through the water gracefully as the predator found its mark. It could smell the delicious scent, the scent of human, even from outside the water. It could see its prey above, resting on the docks, its feet dangling. It would be quick, it would attack, it planned. In only a seconds or two, the human would be dragged beneath the depths to be fed on, the creature was sure. Just as he approached the surface, preparing his attack, he felt that something was off about this being. This was not an ordinary human. He turned in the water and dashed away.

Approaching now from behind the female on the docks, the black stallion approached gracefully and smoothly, his head lowered and his ears forward. He snorted to the human-thing, ignoring the bewildered looks of the humans behind him as they watched the horse walk on the docks.
~Macmanus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JoRoanne » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:12 am

Rosalina was taken away from her memories by the sound of a snort. She was shocked to see a horse behind her on the dock. She stood up adjusting her backpack so that both straps were on and she slowly made her way closer to him. "What are you doing on a dock?" she whispered to the black stallion, She looked around trying to figure out where he had come from and why he came up to her. She slowly reach a hand out to place it on his nose. Why do you seem so familiar? She thought.
JoRoanne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Macmanus~ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 am

~~~~~~~~~~Murphy~~~~~Type: Kelpie~~~~Tags: Rosalina~~~~~~~~~~~
Murphy slowly moved his head down, allowing the human to pet him. He pressed his nose into her hand gently, before raising his head again at her question. He bobbed his head, before realizing why he had noticed her odd scent so well: she was a creature of the water as well, although exactly what, he could not tell.
"I could ask you the same question." The horse spoke, "Why are you on the dock instead of under it, 'spirit of the ocean waves'?"
~Macmanus~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JoRoanne » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:24 pm

Rosalina watched as he lowered his head to her. She was amazed at how friendly the creature was and then her eyes widened as she heard a voice. She stepped back a step reaching the edge of a he dock "Wha-What did you just say?" She asked. She put a hand on her head "I have to be dreaming" she whispered leaning against the poll coming up from the dock. "What did you call me?" She looked up confused
JoRoanne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me