☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers, accepting)

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:47 pm

Cilan chuckled. Of course Mallory wasn't the type of person who would hide. Adamson boys were attracted to warriors, not damsels in distress. His smile dropped when he saw the rain, though. Instead of feeding the plants, it was combining with the frost to form a thick slush.
"I miss them too," he admitted as he walked after Mallory. The cold rain was very uncomfortable for him, but he wasn't in excruciating pain. This would be torture for Solara though.
"After what happened with the guards, everything just feels dark. But that's why we're making this journey. To bring back the light for all of Hesenia." Cilan managed a smile as he trudged through the thickening slush. "And I'm glad I have you by my side. This isn't something I can do alone."

"You can help by cooking me a nice chicken dinner," Timpani joked as she put Silas in a headlock, messing up his hair affectionately. "Just kidding. You can shoot people from the roof, while I'm down there bashing heads. Don't be stealing my thunder though. If you shoot one of my victims, I'm gonna play an augmented chord all night." The augmented chord was a combination of three notes that sounded very unpleasant for the trained Windwoods ear.

"Ten," Cyprian said deviously. With Jaai by his side, he felt like he could take on anything. As long as he was ready. The last time didn't count, he was not prepared at all.
Cyprian scowled at the kid with white hair. "Knock yourself out, Beetleboy," he taunted. Here was another smaller dude to call an insect name. Oh, and he almost forgot about Gavotte.
"Quit standing around, Gnatboy. You and Beetleboy are-"
"Your attitude sounds like a squeaking clarinet. Shut up or you'll sing soprano for a week," Timpani threatened and shook her fist. She was wearing a tank top that showed off her muscular arms, but Cyprian smirked.
"I'm stronger than you. Don't make threats to the wrong people."
"It was a promise, not a threat. But I nearly forgot..." Timpani looked him up and down distastefully. "Fighting a toddler would suck. And I am not allowed to hit boys."
Cyprian was extremely confused, and just stared at her in surprise. Then he looked away because he didn't know how to even respond. These people...

"Thank you," Rowan replied softly as Rose wished them luck. He would naturally be expected to hide, too. He was terrified of blood and he hated violence. But he needed to do his part. People would get hurt today, and it was Rowan's job to heal them. He would work beside Tacet and keep everyone calm.

Tacet stood beside his daughter. In case she got angry again, he was ready to help. The deadliest weapon of a healer was their own power. It could calm even the most enraged beast. Before the blessing had taken effect, a manticore from the mountains had attacked the village. It was a matriarch of its kind, so even the best Windwoods warriors couldn't make a dent in it. They were just distracting it so Tacet could approach from behind. As soon as he touched the monster's flank, it was over. Now as calm and docile as a baby rabbit, the manticore curled up on the ground and fell asleep. It took thirty women to carry it back to the mountains.
Of course, it wasn't completely failsafe. Any murderer who attacked with cold, calculating logic wouldn't be swayed. The angrier the murderer was, the better. It meant they would probably stop attacking as soon as he calmed them.
"Only one person is strong enough to undo Solara's blessing," he murmured. "The one who defeated her."

"Sorry, nobody alive in our village can fly. It's a good idea, though," Gavotte told Olivia with a smile. Even though he could feel a battle coming, he could feel it in his very bones, he still was smiling. He was really like his dad. "I can look out for you, because my senses are very sharp. I will be on the roof. I'm not the best fighter, but with my power, I can warn you guys in any situation."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Silas yelped. "Please, no! I just want to help a little in the way I can," he said, pulling away from Timpani and smiling. "Do you think that Lily girl may notice me, though?" He knew it was a foolish dream, but he could wish. As soon as the really tall aggressive boy snapped at Silas, he flinched.

Jaai held back laughter as Timpani put Cyprian in his place. Gorgeous and a quick tongue, surely she would have to speak with her. "Aww, don't mind him, my good lady. He's not worth your time." She shot Cyprian a wink, then leaned against a wall. "What's your name, missus, or shall I keep calling you "that one charming gal"?"
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:26 pm

[Pound opens in less than 10 minutes!]

Now Silas and Lily did look very cute together. Lily seemed to be sweet on that other Adamson boy, the taller one, Rowan was his name. Timpani wasn't so sure about him. He had those intense blazing eyes like Cilan, but those eyes belonged on Cilan. They were completely out of place on Rowan, who otherwise seemed like a gentle person. People like that were hiding lots of inner aggression. Timpani herself didn't hide aggression, she just showed it in obvious ways.
"Of course. I can actually look into your eyes without my eyes stinging," Timpani said to Silas. Rowan was far away and had been speaking to Rose. He wouldn't hear her, but Timpani would speak her mind even to his face. There was no point hiding anything from anyone, because she was just so obvious and upfront.
Timpani turned when the short girl started speaking. The poor scrawny thing looked like she was going to freeze to death, but her grey eyes were stunning, like frost covering a sword blade. Timpani's grandmother Vulcana was a blacksmith, she would know. She couldn't believe she never noticed this girl's eyes before.
"Call me what you want, but the name's Timpani," she chuckled. "And you, Jackie Frost?"
That Cyprian guy looked rather flustered. He was purposely not making eye contact, and Timpani felt rather triumphant that he was basically admitting defeat.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Silas bounced on his toes. "Really?" He shot the rude tall guy a look and stuck out a tongue. His heart thumped in his small chest at his brave remark.

Jaai tilted her head. "Jaai, but nicknames are accepted." Now this was curious. She almost wondered how Cyprian would respond to her over flirtatious manner. Jaai bowed for dramatic effect.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Cyprian didn't even notice the kid sticking out his tongue. He was too astonished at Jaai. What was she doing? Confused, Cyprian just narrowed his eyes at the Timpani girl. She and Jaai were acting like two rainforest birds performing a courtship ritual, complete with bowing and formalities. Cyprian did not know a lot about girls. Was this how they normally interacted with each other? Cyprian felt like he was interrupting something.
"Alright, Frost Princess," the tall girl chuckled.
At that moment, a trumpet blared loudly from outside.
"That's my trumpet," Timpani said, almost proudly. Cyprian couldn't even believe it. How was she not upset that somebody was stealing and using her own instrument?
"All citizens of Windwoods!" Cadence's voice shouted from outside, so loudly it was clearly audible here. Now that woman had talent. And Cyprian hated her talent. Ugh, that loud voice...
"What does she want?" Cyprian grumbled.
"Report to the fountain immediately! Bring all family members with you. This is an emergency. I repeat, report to the fountain immediately!"
"In any emergency," Tacet explained calmly, "our mansion becomes the refuge for those unable to fight. I will stay here to defend everyone upstairs." He held open the door. "Those fighting on the ground, please go see Cadence. Anyone fighting from the roof, I advise you prepare now. Our village is tiny. You will be easily able to hear any orders."
"Let's a move on!" Timpani shouted, leading the way through the door. "To the fountain!"
Muttering under his breath, Cyprian followed. Rowan was behind him.

Cilan could feel the danger in the air. "Come on," he yelled through the pouring rain, which was louder now. The ground was turning to ice under his shoes, and it was getting harder to run.

Gavotte wasn't even panicked or anything, he just looked at Olivia. "I could climb onto the roof from inside, unless you can carry me. You look strong enough to do it," he said casually. "It's fine either way."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:38 pm

Jaai started to quip flirtatiously back, then a loud trumpet blared and the woman from earlier announced for the villagers to gather. She grabbed her axe she had leaned against the outside wall and followed the rest, listening attentively. She walked slowly along the ground, not noticing the slippery ground.

Silas froze as everyone hurried outside, looking around for Timpani, who he seemed to have lost. He stood back so people could file out the door.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:48 pm

"Whoops," said Cyprian as he shoved rudely past Timpani.
Now, Timpani knew he was trying to push her over. He didn't struggle much with the frozen ground, and didn't seem affected by the pouring rain. Timpani herself had never experienced such ridiculous conditions, not even before Solara's blessing. It had never been this bad in the village.
She stumbled, but managed to regain her balance. Timpani had never encountered someone of similar physical strength. Only three who were stronger: Her mother Viola, her grandmother Vulcana, and her auntie-in-law Solara. Now this Cyprian boy, he just had the advantage on ice. Eventually, Timpani would have to retract her 'no hitting boys' rule. He was bound to cross a line sooner or later.
Timpani noticed Silas seemed a little lost, and dropped back to stand beside him. "Need me to carry you, albino boy?" she chuckled and patted his shoulder. He was cute, for a boy. A shame he wasn't a girl. But still, Lily didn't know what she was missing. She would be perfect with Silas. Much better than Rowan, as much as Timpani hated to speak ill of an Adamson, it was true.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Silas nearly nodded, but quickly decided against it. "I'm a man, I don't need to be carried," he huffed, sticking out his chest. Maybe Lily would notice his manliness. He started to walk out on the ice, then slipped. Time seemed to slow, and he landed straight on his rump. A fiery red blush crossed his pale cheeks, and he bit his lip. No, it didn't hurt, and no, he wasn't about to cry. He tried to scramble up, then landed back on his bum. "I'm okay," he mumbled, deciding just to sit there.

Jaai realized the ground was freezing when the tiny pale kid fell on his butt. The poor thing looked like he was about to cry, so she glanced away and focused on other things. The stars didn't seem visible anymore. She looked to the horizon, concern knitting her brows.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Mallory wasn't surprised by the rain. She didn't care. However when the rain froze, the werewolf had to be careful not to slip. They reached the fountain, and she listened. She got her bow out and loaded an arrow. She carefully climbed the house, and reached the top. The roof had been coated with frosty slush and was extremely slippery. She kept her bow low. What wasn't noticeable was that the gold flecks in her eyes had gone.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby littlewolf5000 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Casedy

{Tags-The whole group
Location-the Village
Doing-watching what happens
Mood-irratated
Crush-none
Gender-female
age-17}

She was watching everything go down. When the girls began flirting she ccouldn't help but chuckle and smiled before plopping down on the couch listening to everyone as they spoke she was about to walk into the kitchen but she herd her mother blow her friends trumpet and call the down over "The battle must be starting"she said to herself as she stood up and put her twin swords in her holder behind her shoulders and walked out of the cabin making sure her brother was in her line of sight at all times. Once she was outside she watched poor Silas fall and she walked over and offered a hand to him "you alright?" she asked she was always nice to her firends and she indeed did count him as a friend. When she saw that boy.. uhh Cyprian! she smirked and faced him "so tuff guy, i never got you're name" she said looking at him. she didn't think he was all that bad. he literally reminded her of herself only in guy form
littlewolf5000

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me