☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: ☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:06 pm

Birvale Beach

Myrtle nodded to Grace as he slung his pink backpack over his shoulders. "I miss the sky too. But don't worry, if Momdine has a plan, Momdine will get it done!"
He trusted deeply in the ability of his fellow islanders. Although Myrtle himself was small, he felt he had an important purpose too. No matter how bad things got, he would never give up hope. That was important.
"I believe in you and everyone!" Myrtle accepted Grace's helping hand out of the boat, and he then proceeded to cling to her in a big bear hug. Normally his tiny arms were too short to wrap around anyone, but Grace wasn't that big, perfect size for him to hug.
"Alright, little minnow." Ondine chuckled as she pried Myrtle off his friend. Not satisfied yet, Myrtle clung to Ondine next, attaching himself to his surrogate mother and refusing to let go. She didn't even react to him.
"We can just leave 'em. Without the wind to kick up the waves, they're not going anywhere." Ondine waved her hand dismissively towards the boats. "And if they do, I'll catch them.
"I think it's like a ten minute walk to the Sanctuary..." She squinted towards the jungle up ahead. "Just up the beach and through this forest here. Come on girls, let's get moving."
Myrtle finally let go of Ondine so she could lead the army forward. He grabbed his friend's hand, excited out of his mind. "I can't wait to meet everybody! Do you think they'll be nice?"
"No," Maggie smiled evilly. "I bet the other soldiers will be six feet tall with horns and claws. And they eat annoying little boys for breakfast!"
"Oh no!!" Myrtle half-squealed, half-giggled as he squeezed Grace's hand tighter.

---

Upstairs

Ivana's mind had been elsewhere for hours. She did not want to look in a mirror, terrified of what she would find. The scenarios she envisioned were beyond gruesome.
Nobody else was concerned about physical appearance at this point. Ivana felt ashamed that she still cared. Life used to be so simple; Ivana remembered her friends complaining about things like stained clothing and bad marks on math tests. Now the world was at risk, and Ivana couldn't completely wrap her mind around that.
She wanted to go back to the peaceful days, when worrying about trivial things like beauty was okay, because there was nothing this bad to worry about.
Ivana was grateful when a voice snapped her out of her thoughts. Scar. Was that her new name?
"My name is Ivana, and I don't believe I know yours." She spoke, disgusted at how rough and guttural her voice sounded. She must have ruined her vocal chords as she screamed in agony.
"I'd like to know it, though," She added as an afterthought.
The Timekeeper's daughter sat up in bed. She expected to feel sore and achy, but she wasn't in any physical pain. These people must have healed her somehow. Ivana tested her hands, clenching and unclenching them into fists. She allowed a small violet spark of electricity to dance in her hands, weaving playfully between her fingers. It was comforting.
"Oh, sorry." Ivana realized she had forgotten to reply to the other girl's question. "Well... I'm honestly not ready. But I want to fight beside my sister, even if I'm afraid that something like this might happen again."
She reached up and gingerly touched her ruined eye. Whatever healed her apparently couldn't restore sight there. Maybe she could wear her hair down more, cover that horrible scar up.
"... I need a moment. But when I do go downstairs, can you come with me?"

---

The Sanctuary

Amber's humor always brightened up the situation. Cilan felt relaxed just being in her presence. Man, had the journey been a real trial. Cilan thought back to the day it all began, the meeting with his friends in the woods outside Capital City. Back then, he never imagined it would come to this.
He never imagined the fate of the world would fall upon their shoulders.
"Always." Cilan squeezed her hand comfortingly and stepped forward with her. None of them would face this burden alone. Well, except Agatha, but she kind of deserved it.
Cilan tried to protest when Amber remarked on his voice. He wanted to make some witty comment in return, but a literal birdlike squawk came out of his mouth. Laughter exploded from the clearing, especially from Blair's army. Cilan tried to hold it back, but he ended up laughing too.
The laughter died down as Amber made her speech. It was replaced by another sound, and Cilan knew exactly what it was. He knew because he could hear it inside his own chest.
It was the sound of everyone's hearts beating as one.
"For Hesenia!" Came the cry from countless soldiers, and Cilan was among them, raising his fist to the sky with determination in his eyes. Oh my god Amber. That was beautiful.
I'm gonna tease you about this for the rest of our lives.

(Continued below!)

"For Hesenia!" Timpani attacked the air with her fist, like she was punching the curse of darkness that blanketed the sky. She had always been the solitary type, but for a moment, she could feel her heart beating in time with all of humanity's. Amber had that effect on you apparently. It had taken a while, but Timpani had finally grown to respect the new princess as her leader.
The burning feeling in her chest was not the fire of rage. Anger burned but gave no warmth. What Timpani felt was a deep and passionate love for Hesenia, for Mayne, for their future children and all the others in the world.
"Now that is a leader." Timpani chuckled, ruffling Mayne's hair affectionately. She pulled him into her arms, so she could speak quietly and nobody else would hear. Being Vulcana's daughter, Timpani's deep and resonant voice had a tendency to carry farther than she wanted it to.
She held Mayne so close, she could feel his heart beating- it filled her with warmth.
"After we beat Agatha down," She murmured, "I promise you we'll watch the sunrise together. I love you, and I'm sure our kids will enjoy hearing stories about today."

Feeling as something had been restored in him, Rowan stood and joined the ranks of the soldiers. There was no sound louder than the overwhelming bass of everyone's hearts beating together. Although Rowan was blind, he could feel their unity and their determination from miles away.
"For Hesenia!" He cried out, raising his fist high. No more cowering and shying away from his duties. Everyone was here for a purpose, and that purpose was fast approaching.
After the cheering for Amber had died down, Rowan approached Lily and stood by her side. He gently clasped her hand in his and respectfully awaited Amber's response. No matter what, he would do his best for Hesenia. Rowan no longer saw a future of darkness and bleak despair. Now he envisioned a peaceful life by the seaside, cooking dinner for his sweet wife and their smiling children. The future was finally starting to look brighter.

Cilan just knew they would make it through. With everyone's hearts united against the threat before them, they couldn't possibly lose. Amber's words seemed to have filled everyone with hope, including the Six Generals. Cilan counted six present right now. It seemed that everyone was here.
"Little bird," Blair teased as she stepped forward to wink at Cilan. She twirled her rapier casually as she cocked her head at Amber. "Hey, Princess. My warriors and I, we all hate orders, but we'll make an exception just for you. Right, you rats?"
"Yeah!"
"Duh, stupid!"
"Shut up, Blair!"
"You shut up!" Blair hollered back at her comrade. "Anyway Amber, you give the word and we'll do whatever."
Lanette was the next to walk forward. She lowered her blades and knelt before Cilan and Amber, bowing her head for a moment before looking up at them. "Princess Amber, Prince Cilan. My brothers and sisters will go wherever you say."
When Katharine approached, she gave a small bow. The smile on her face was contagious, but Cilan was smiling already, so it couldn't infect him.
"What Lanette said," The dark-haired warrior chuckled. "Our loyalty will be to you, until the end."
"End?" A harsh laugh barked from behind her as Janice stepped forth. "A little death never stopped US."
The taller General slapped Katharine on the back, a friendly gesture. Cilan hadn't expected that. Now that he was paying attention, it seemed all the Generals knew each other already. The way they stood side-by-side, nearly touching, seeming totally comfortable with the others' presence.
"Listen here." Janice placed a hand on Amber's shoulder. When she spoke, her voice was passionate with rage and determination. "If you tell us to fight, we will fight even when our blades break, and we have to rip at Agatha with our nails and teeth. If you tell us to advance, we will push forward even if we have to crawl. And if you send us into the most hopeless situation with no chance of coming back alive, we will go to our graves with smiles on our faces and our enemies' heads crushed beneath our feet."
Janice had a completely straight face, and Cilan gave a chuckle. "I'm sure you'll do your best."
"No." Now Janice's face twisted into a cold smile. "We will do the worst. When she is in her grave, Agatha will have nightmares from facing us."
"Seems you haven't lost your fire after living in the mountains." Camilla nudged Janice as she walked by. "Amber, we have anticipated the day we would have the honor of meeting you, and we were not disappointed. No matter what, you have our undying loyalty."
"Thank you all for fighting for us." Cilan began, still unable to raise his voice. At least the Generals were all gathered around. Wait. There were five of them, and Cilan had seen six.
Just as the thought crossed his mind, the sixth made her way through the crowd. Soldiers parted around the stranger with murmurs of concern rippling through their ranks. Katharine positioned herself protectively in front of the others as the newcomer approached. Cilan squeezed Amber's hand but stood his ground.
"Oh my god..." Lanette covered her mouth with a hand.
"Holy Hesenia, what the hell?" Janice growled, eyeing the stranger fiercely. "Get out of here."
"No, wait." Camilla held up a hand to the other Generals, then turned to face the newcomer. "I've seen you before. You saved the lives of those messenger boys, Blythe and Peregrine."
The stranger nodded silently.
"It doesn't matter who you are, or what you look like. You're here to fight for Hesenia, aren't you?"
Another nod. Not a single word.
"Then you are welcome with us," Camilla said, "and you should make your loyalty known to our future King and Queen."
The stranger turned, much to Cilan's surprise, and he was able to see her eyes. They were a dark russet just like his own. Cilan felt he should know this person, but they were beyond recognition.
The stranger dropped to one knee, planting the bottom of their spear against the ground. There was a pause between they finally spoke, echoing the words everybody else had shouted.
"... For Hesenia."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:58 am

Myrtle's belief in everybody was certainly reassuring and Grace found herself smiling despite the awful darkness. His constant hope was contagious and able to encourage even the most despairing of people. She gave him a squeeze back but he'd attached himself like a limpet so even when he let go he still clung to her. Grace giggled a little as Ondine had to pry him off and he just hugged her instead. She nodded cheerfully as Ondine reassured her about the boats and told her the walk was only ten minutes.
Grace grinned down at Myrtle when he grabbed her head as they started walking, squeezing it tight. Although she was slightly terrified about this war she was excited too. They would fix all of this, they could live without fear from Agatha and they would bring the sky back. She knew it.
She laughed at Maggie's teasing and ruffled Myrtle's hair with her free hand. "It's a good thing you aren't annoying then, isn't it!" She chuckled, "If they really were 6 feet tall with horns and claws it would just be even better for us. Though I'm sure they will all be nice."

Sam had arrived at the Sanctuary around the same time as the armies, slipping in with little proclamation. He had been travelling Hesenia peacefully, looking into a mysterious gift known as 'determination' and searching for somebody, but this was a battle for it's future. If they all failed then there'd be no Hesenia to travel round. He cried "For Hesenia!" with everyone else and watched five generals stepped forwards to declare their loyalty. The army from the island clearly wasn't here yet with Ondine, the sixth general's replacement. Yet, here was a sixth person stepping up to declare loyalty. He knew who it was even before she spoken, he'd always known she'd be here even when he'd been unable to find her after searching for so many years and everybody else believed that she was dead. "Acacia." He breathed. He'd found her at last and though every part of him was yelling for him to sprint over and throw his arms round her, while simultaneously chewing her out for staying hidden for so long, he waited, knowing that the others hadn't yet realised.
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:10 pm

For Hesenia
...For Hesenia
...For Hesenia!!

The voices were clear. None of them were her own, though. Xia's voice came in a rasped whisper that held a sunken hope. While she saw tomorrow as clear as day, the sky was dark and her lover was still dead. However, together, everyone would have the power to save Hesenia from Agatha's rotten grip. The armies have arrived and Cilan and Amber are now being addressed as the prince and the princess.

"Excuse me," said a soldier from behind the aura manipulator. He had several layers on, indicating that he must have been a soldier from the mountains and worked under General Janice Clifton. "Are you..." The man's sentence trailed off. FInding that peculiar, Xia whirled around to find a man just over 6ft, star knives strapped to his belt. He had wispy brown hair around the same colour as her own, the same nose shape... Navy eyes... He looked relatively nervous.

"Am I what?" Xia inquired.

"Reidun. My daughter."

At this, the teen was beyond shocked. She didn't know whether she wanted to be happy at the fact she had at long last come in contact with one of her parents or angry at the fact that he hadn't shown up sooner. She furrowed her brows and looked away, joining the group of teenagers, tired of hanging around by herself in the grass. "Sorry, sir. I don't know." But she clearly did, and Björn could tell.

[i'm rEALLY SORRY I'M RUNNING LOW ON CREATIVITY]
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Amber
Tagged: Her Mate and her Loyal Pack

Amber stood tall and proud, almost certain her mother would be proud of her. Her eyes scanned the crowd quickly, making eye contact with her brother. He bared his neck, and Amber nodded her head. He then lifted his head, smiling wider than she's seen in a while. He then slunk off from the crowd, disappearing into the woods to go on a secret mission. Her attention was then back on the crowd, and the approaching soldiers. Her blood was still singing, the electricity aching to get out. The only reason she kept it contained was because Cilan was holding her hand. He grounded her, but in a good way.
"I will let everyone know of their assigned duties as soon as I finalize my plan with the generals. I need to know more about their forces in order to maximize everyone's strengths. Until then, mingle and get to know your comrades. You need to be able to trust those fighting beside you." Amber told anyone who was listening, but mainly Lily and Rowan since they were standing together as a unit in front of her.
But she swore another worldly sense of self preened when all of the generals promised them their undying loyalty.
"We appreciate your loyalty, and if you would follow-" Amber started to say, only to have the voice die in her throat as she looked at the approaching stranger. She noticed how her generals bristled, but she stayed tall, assessing the stranger. And much to her surprise, the stranger fell to her knees and pledged loyalty. Amber let go of Cilan's hand, and walked up to the stranger. She tilted her head as she thought, trying to remember all of the bloodlines. Those russet eyes seemed so achingly familiar. She looked at Cilan, slowly, and then back towards the stranger. The breath was almost knocked out of her, but not out of fear.
Amber would never fear an Adamson. Especially not the Heroine.
"Welcome home, Acacia. I've heard tales of the Heroine, filled with such determination she could outlast all of her enemies." Amber smiled, her eyes twinkling. She grabbed the woman's hand and lifted her back to her feet.
"Please join us in preparations. I was just about to explain my plan to the rest of the Generals." She smiled, looking at her hero. Before Acacia could protest, Amber started pulling her along, into the main house where Amber had her plan all laid out.

Sorcha
Tagged: Ivana

Sorcha tried to keep her breathing even. Ivana's voice was still healing, but it didn't matter to Sorcha, it just added character.
"My name is Sorcha, Sorcha Bakari. I am a part of Janice's Army." Sorcha introduced, trying not to come off too strong. She didn't want to frighten Ivana away, not that she thought she could. Sorcha just didn't know what was going through Ivana's head.
"You don't have to fight beside our Future Queen. You can stay behind the front lines, sending in waves of electricity, or even just stay here to protect those who cannot or do not want to fight." She stated, almost rambling. She quickly caught herself, taking a deep breath before she continued. But then her breath caught in her throat when Ivana asked to be accompanied.
"Of course I will come with you. Take all of the time you need." Sorcha smiled, trying not to burst into flames. She then noticed how Ivana reached up for her eye, and the sadness that went through her remaining eye made Sorcha's blood simmer with rage. "From one warrior to another, the scar adds character. My mother had many scars, but it did not take away from her beauty. Instead it only added to it. If anyone judges you, or makes you feel inferior because of it, you send a bolt of that pretty electricity through their heart."

Mayne
Tagged: Timpani

Mayne couldn't help but be filled with pride when Timpani affectionately mused his hair. He loved her so much, more than he loved his country. When her deep voice caressed his ear, he almost wept with joy. How was he so lucky to earn her love?
"I want to watch the sunrise, and the sunset, and everything in between. I want to do everything, see everything with you. You have my heart and soul, Timpani Steele. I am solely, and utterly yours, and I cannot wait to share our story with our future children." He whispered to her, holding her as close as he could. He felt their heart beating as one, and for the first time in his life, he was not afraid of the future. Mayne and Timpani were connected on such a level, that he was sure that if one fell, the other would follow immediately.
"You are my soulmate." He whispered, just as he kissed her cheek.

Ben
Tagged: Kelly, Luno, Clove, and the Other Legends/Dead

Ben couldn't help but watch as his wife commanded almost the entire room of the dead. She was barking orders, keeping everyone in line. He stood by Luno and the other Legends, patiently waiting for his wife to rejoin them.
"I love Ada, but when she gave me control over everyone she meant everyone. Even the brats. I took it as a challenge, and I never back down from a challenge, but it's frustrating since I can't rekill these imbeciles." She growled to Ben, frustrated with brats like Leroy. She had been preparing everyone for war since she had received permission to the Underlord herself to control the dead.
"Keith, if I have to tell you to get in line again, I will find a set of chains and chain you with the rest of your miscreant friends." Kelly snarled, so guttural Ben was surprised she hadn't already ripped out of his throat.
"She gets more and more bloodthirstier. She's almost as bad as Rori." Ben chuckled to Luno, softly enough that no others heard. Ben then asked a bit louder. "How's Solara faring?" He knew his mate wanted to hear, to know how her best friend fared. She finished one last round of growls before she practically floated back towards the rest of the Generals of the dead.
"Clove, make sure they stay in line. Can you and Theia go through some more drills? I want to be prepared for everything Agatha throws at us." Kelly asked their daughter-in-law as she passed. Ben just shook his head. His mate was an Alpha through and through.
"I think Ada made a mistake in giving Kelly control over us. She is enjoying this way too much." Ben once again chuckled to Luno.

(I think I hear wedding bells for Mayne and Timpani. Or maybe all of them? How cute would that be?)

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Celestial Tower

Clove snickered as the idiots cringed and cowered from Kelly. Keith burst into tears for about the forty-third time as Kelly threatened him, and he scurried into line like a cowardly rat. His friends had stopped uttering sexist trash, even James, who was having a hard time making eye contact.
"Of course I'll keep these kids in line!" She cracked her knuckles, grinned at Kelly, and stepped forward. "Okay Mrs. Elianus, I think we should run my favorite drill. It's called the Whiplasher. You know, when they test their strength by literally throwing each other around... by the NECK?"
Keith started bawling again. Music to Drill Sergant Clotilda's ears.

Luno chuckled softly at the children's antics. Although many were physically adults, their minds had not caught up with them. That was alright. Luno himself was not always mature. He still found it amusing to give people lipstick kisses (fortunately his wife was okay with this).
"I would hate to see a showdown between your wife and Rori being televised," He responded to Ben with a coy smile. "We would have to restrict the children from seeing it."
His smile didn't even falter when asked about his wife. "Sunny is sleeping like a baby. She will be alright- Agatha will not hurt my sunshine now. Dreams are my battlefield."
He could turn Agatha into a fly to be swatted if he wanted. It would simply be a poor choice for the bad woman to harass Solara in her sleep.
Luno let out a small giggle at Ben's next comment. "I am enjoying this too. Your wife is such a feisty sweetheart! I wonder if she will keep doing this after the war?"

---

Forest near the Sanctuary

Like a puppy, Myrtle loved being pet. He sunk his entire weight into Grace's arm even as they continued to walk. Fortunately Myrtle himself wasn't one of those six-foot-tall demons with horns and claws, he was light as a feather.
"I think a lot of people look scary," Myrtle thought out loud, "but they're really not. Like my Auntie Solara."
"Do I look scary?" Maggie asked, making her hands into claws and pulling a crinkled up face with teeth showing.
Myrtle burst out laughing. "Yes! You'll surely terrify any coconut you find!"
"Hey!" Maggie's eyes widened as she pretended to be offended.
"Coconut Girl," teased one of the other girls.
"You won't be laughing when I bash in Agatha's head with a coconut."
Giggling at the roommates (and secretly wishing he had a roommate), Myrtle squeezed Grace's hand. They were entering the forest now, which was slightly creepy, more like a jungle filled with some kind of mist or smoke. Yes, Myrtle could definitely smell smoke. He wrinkled up his nose.
"Do you think we missed the fighting?" Myrtle suggested. This was met with clamors of outrage from the other girls.
"Hey, hey! Don't jinx it, little sunfish!" A brunette shouted from near the back.
"Well, if the other armies already beated up Agatha, maybe they can fight with us for fun." Myrtle smiled. "I really want to fight Janice, she is super tough."
"I wouldn't," Ondine chuckled. "Hey, there's a clearing ahead- and I think I see people. Someone, hang onto Myrtle before he gets away!"

---

The Sanctuary

Rowan nodded dutifully at Amber's words. It was true, the princess was no ordinary teenager, she was a heroine of her own right. He gave Lily an encouraging smile, then looked around the clearing for someone to speak to. The faint smell of smoke from Jen's latest rampage still permeated the area. Most likely, Jen had brought justice upon the murderers now. Someone with her fire would never allow Gavotte's killers to escape. Regina and Darius had claimed their last victim.
"Before we talk to the other armies, want to check how Xia is doing?" He murmured to Lily, softly. Their friend had felt Silas' loss harder than anyone. Rowan was worried for everyone.
This time, he wouldn't let his worry take over his mind. With Lily by his side, he felt he could handle whatever Agatha threw at them. It was surprising confidence for a normally timid boy.
"Ah, and I want to tell you..." He smiled softly as he looked into Lily's eyes. "When I think of you, I feel so happy that you exist. I'm... I'm very glad to have met you."

In Timpani's mind, she saw two futures.
In one of them, the armies fell and the last of humanity's hope bled out with them. Agatha ravaged what remained of Hesenia until nothing was left but a bleak echo of one woman's maniacal laughter.
In the other, their children played in the warm light of the reborn sun. This future turned to the other one, and this is what it said:
"That's a load of Manticore crap."
The dark future shattered and the children crushed it effortlessly under their feet. They continued on with their game of tag. Amber and Cilan's daughter was 'it', and she was chasing after Timpani's own child, sweet and bright-faced with his father's eyes.
She closed her eyes and let Mayne's heartbeat, the bright future, the love that bound both of them in a bond stronger than steel, let it all bring strength to her fighting spirit.
"The hell am I supposed to say to that?" She chuckled as she felt Mayne's soft lips on her cheek. They were so warm, a touch from the sun. "Except maybe I'd say..."
"You're mine," Timpani said, picking up Mayne and raising him into the air with both hands. "Now, what's the plan for this fight?"

It was the sound of a certain heartbeat, a heartbeat she would recognize anywhere, that sparked something in Acacia's own heart. The spearwoman could feel it. This was his heart- Sam's heart.
Acacia could not look at him. She wanted to hear his voice again, to look into those warm brown eyes, to hold her closest friend who fit perfectly into her arms. Yet, she despised the thought that sweet, cheerful Sam would have to see her like this.
I've seen better days,
She thought with the slightest grin, before the whole walking-corpse shenanigans.
Back in the village, Acacia used to lecture people with her 'serious face' and emotionless eyes. She would say something creepy like... "Prodigy Samuel Brie, you have some explaining to do!"
Ah... Sam, now I am the one with explaining to do.
Acacia shook her head.
Amber's words caught Acacia completely off guard. And then the Soare heiress, Princess of Hesenia, the true heroine of this world's future, took Acacia's cold hand and pulled her to her feet.
What is this feeling? The slightest prick of warmth deep in her chest. Acacia had not felt anything close to warmth for too many years. The intense heat of burns from raging fires did not count.
"Thank y-"
Before Acacia could finish speaking (she always had a rather slow voice), Amber was dragging her towards the house. There was nothing for her to do except follow. Amber had said to her- "welcome home."
And I sure as hell will defend this new home.

Her childhood friends snapped her out of her thoughts.
"You idiot! How dare you- we all thought you were dead!" Janice snarled. Acacia pretended not to notice the tears in her mountain friend's eyes.
"Now now, I'm sure Cay's quite tired." Katharine chuckled before turning to Acacia. "How long since you slept?"
"Agh! I hate big numbers, don't answer that question." That was Blair, no doubt about it.
As Camilla passed by, she just gave a welcoming smile before joining Amber. "Princess Soare, I am impressed. You are somehow even more respectable in person, if that is possible. And I have reason to believe your plan will impress me just as much."
"Ah, don't get your high-expectations fiery redhead nonsense up in her face," Katharine laughed.
"High-expectations fiery redhead nonsense!" Blair screamed. "Write that down, write that down."
"I think I memorize everything you guys say," Lanette's quiet voice was unmistakable. "And Acacia, we're all very glad to see you. Even Janice."
"Whatever." Janice was making an effort to cover her eyes with her dark messy hair.
"I'm... glad to see you too." It felt so strange, finally speaking to them again. It felt almost too normal. Acacia looked over the clearing again, and her eyes immediately fell on Sam. He was not part of any army, was he? Acacia wondered if it would be acceptable to invite him over.
Amber had already invited a literal zombie to her military strategizing... whatever these things were called. Acacia was aware that the undead did not have a good perception of "socially acceptable", especially in the presence of Hesenia's future Queen. It was really quite 'unsophisticated'.
"Are we going inside?" Acacia wondered aloud, gesturing to the building. A real building. This was going to be slightly awkward. Would she have to take off her boots? She hadn't seen her own feet in years, hopefully they still looked proper.
At least she didn't smell like a zombie might. That would be revolting. Acacia's constant smell of smoke wasn't that bad, but she had to wonder why she smelled like a fire.
It was no fun being undead sometimes. Actually... it was no fun being undead pretty much all the time.

---

Upstairs

Ivana nodded thoughtfully. Her sudden lack of depth perception would hinder her ability to fight, possibly even leading to her striking down her own comrades. She didn't trust herself to fight behind them. Unless... Unless she could shoot her electricity from atop the roof?
The risk of collateral damage was too great otherwise. She would be endangering the very people she tried to protect, if she stayed in this building. It was different from the Timekeeper Tower, a familiar setting and home. It was different from the jail corridors, where Ivana had fired a bolt of electricity to take out several soldiers at once. This was a shabby cabin, inhabited by innocent people. Ivana refused to put them in danger.
She stayed silent as Sorcha spoke about scars. Ivana thought hard about why this injury troubled her so much, and the realization struck her like one of her own lightning bolts.
The Timekeeper's daughter finally looked up, meeting intense brown eyes with her single green one.
"I realize I'm not as afraid of others' judgements of this..." Ivana gestured to her other, ruined eye. "I'm afraid of my own judgement of myself."
She half expected to feel some... emotional response to admitting these words. What came next was unexpected to Ivana herself. The corner of her mouth twitched in a smile, and then she let out a loud laugh, not the restrained little giggle she often made, but the type of hearty soul-cleansing laugh her mother loved to do.
"But that's ridiculous," Ivana said as the laughter died down. Feeling somehow renewed, she rose to her feet, throwing aside the blankets. "I can't afford to think like some teenager anymore. Because, Sorcha..."
It felt good to finally say her savior's name. A true smile came to Ivana's face, lighting up her eyes, both of them, yes- even the sightless one was a part of her smile.
"Today I will be a soldier, just like you."
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:06 am

It was a good thing that Myrtle was small and light as Grace continued walking even whilst Myrtle leaned his full weight into her after being 'pet'. Grace didn't mind, Myrtle's puppy-like antics always made her smile.
She laughed at Maggie's attempt to be scary. "You look more like one of those strange little dogs that think they're scary and somehow just manage to look adorable."
At Myrtle's comment one of her other roommates fell back into the typical 'coconut girl' teasing. "Please do." Grace begged, picturing her friend brandishing a coconut on battle, "It would be such an embarrassing ending!'
She could smell the smoke as she entered the forest and silently hoped they weren't all going to be burnt to death before they reached the battlefield.
"There's no way we missed it." Grace told Myrtle and the other girls with utter conviction, "All our training has built up to this, it's not going to be over that quickly."
She shook her head at Myrtle's eagerness to fight one of the General's and immediately caught him by the hand when people became visible, holding it tightly. She certainly wouldn't be surprised if he ran off the instant he saw someone he recognised in order to dish out hugs. "Told you we wouldn't miss it!"

Sam remained patient as he watched everyone realise the identity of the mysterious warrior. He smiled to see Acacia reunited with her childhood friends at last as she was being dragged inside by the future Queen of Hesenia. When she finally met his eyes Sam crossed his arms, attempting to portray the fact he was mad at her for running away without him, but his joy at seeing her again was unmistakable in the bright glow of his eyes and the beaming smile that spread across his face. She was a whole lot more undead looking than the last time he'd seen her, though that was when they thought she actually was dead, but that didn't make a difference to Sam. Her wounds were only a display of her determination and strength. He watched as she was led inside with a grin on his face, greatly resembling some sort of love-sick puppy. He could wait another hour or so if he had to. After all, he'd already waited nearly 20 years for her.
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me