☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers, open/starting soon!)

Postby artemis, » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:59 pm

ahh yes i was thinking of that.

fixed c;
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:03 am

Thank you! Your character and her crush have been added to the front page. :)
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:04 am

I'm really excited to start this :)
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:09 am

Me too! We will start within the hour, but people can still post forms once we started. :)
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby darcy_jensen » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:32 am

Guess I shouldn't go to bed just yet then c: 10:33pm for me here
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:43 am

Yesss! So excited!!

Got back just in time c:
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:00 am

In a world where everyone has a power, you're nothing special. Just another superhumanly talented teenager. There's something different though, and that's your beliefs. You know there's something wrong since King Alastair rose to power. Citizens are being publicly, gruesomely executed for simply expressing contrary opinions about him. Murderers and criminals walk freely on the streets, while innocent people are convicted. Worst of all, nobody has developed a power since Alastair started his ruling. Some of your classmates haven't developed theirs yet, and they're beginning to believe their powers will never come. You're among the last of the empowered teenagers.
You and your friends can only rely on each other. Your parents are gone, or they cannot be trusted. Just about anyone can easily get you executed, and you're sick of the distrust. Something has to change, and that means a revolution is coming. It's time for you to rise and fight against all the injustices.
You can't do this alone though. You won't find any allies here, but the previous monarch's husband is still alive. He lives far away from civilization, and his home is the last refuge from Alastair's rule. It's secretly known as the Sanctuary, and it houses the other members of the resistance from around the country. You and your friends are determined to find the Sanctuary, even though Alastair's followers will do anything to stop you.
But a life of kinship, instead of lies and hatred... isn't that worth risking your life for?

The Sanctuary

School was done for the weekend, but Cilan had called an emergency 'squad meeting' inside the forest. Technically going into the forest was illegal, thanks to strict old King Alastair who nobody liked, but hey. The forest was right outside the school. Besides, the only other place was the orphanage. Who wanted to visit that creepy place? Living there was bad enough, because of the annoying brats. Some of those idiots had reported their parents to Alastair's followers, and lied in order to get their parents in trouble. They didn't seem to care that their mothers and fathers got executed due to their deceit.
While waiting for the rest of the friends to show up, Rowan noticed Cilan was holding a book. "Where did you get that?"
"I stole it from that ginger at the orphanage," Cilan admitted honestly. "It's empty. And besides, look at this." He opened up the book, where the ginger kid's parents had signed their names. "I bet he stole it from his parents, after he got them arrested. I can't stand traitors like that kid."
"Stealing is illegal," Rowan said with a frown.
"So is first degree murder, and that's what the ginger basically did," Cilan shot back. "Come on, Rowan. We might need this. Wait until the others show up, they might need me to write something down. Uhhh actually I have terrible handwriting." He shoved the book and a pen into Rowan's hands. "You can write."
Last edited by SunnyJustice on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:04 am

Mallory was up in a tree, carefully wrapping her injured hand in athletic tape. She finished and jumped down, walking into the forest. She flung her bow over her shoulder after retrieving it from inside an abandoned squirrel's nest. She broke into a slight run, and reached them in no time. "Hey guys. What's up?" She said. She wasn't particularly nervous, but she realized Cilan was there and tried not to look like a fool.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:12 am

[Thanks Artemis for reminding me I forgot to change Cyprian's picture. This is what I was supposed to change it to, but I think I forgot to fix the link. XD]

"The meeting, of course." Cilan grinned and twirled the two spears in his hands. "Well, more like what's down. Because now you're on the ground instead of in a tree."
Rowan gave Mallory an apologetic smile. He didn't know what the meeting was about, but he opened the book and tapped his pen. He was wearing professional clothes as usual. Cilan had his spear, but Rowan's dagger was strapped at his belt. It was another professional thing that he liked, even if it wasn't his family's signature weapon.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:17 am

Mal laughed at his comment. "Well, can you break my record of 2.5 minutes to climb the famous redwoods in California?" She said with a smile. She smiled back at Rowan slightly before digging through her bag. She pulled out a hairband and pulled her hair into a ponytail. She twirled her hair with her finger slightly before hoisting her bow and arrows back over her shoulder.
she/her
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me