☀ The Last Defense ☀ no longer accepting! ☀

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Inanimate object ships??

Commander Acacia + sunlight
33%
Commander Alder + the kitchen
22%
Runt + trident
22%
Parlando + bread
22%

Total votes : 9

⧼ ➴ ── i'm colder than this home !! 」

Postby hellb0und » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:34 pm

( 🔥. // !)
          she carried ice in her heart and hellfire in her eyes.
          "Oh," I stated, an emotionless expression registering on my face. Then the group of boys trotted off to the cafeteria when the bell rung. I didn't follow, preferring to stay alone, and speak with Parlando once he broke away from his group of friends. While I wasn't hungry, there wasn't much else to do here. Capture the Flag was beginning soon, but whether or not I was going to bother actually showing up was something I had yet to decide. Unlikely, after all, I was unwillingly woken up. In the meantime, I found my way to the cafeteria where I grabbed a clean plate and a small slice of lasagna. Most appeared pleasantly surprised with the meal provided. I found a table which was off to the corner and left empty, taking a seat. I picked at the food for some time before actually shoving a tiny forkful into my mouth. I'd grown so used to eating game food such as this tasted odd to me. Eventually, I discarded the rest in the trash can and returned to my seat, narrowing my eyes so as to dare anyone to ask to sit with me. By now most of them had figured out I didn't care, nor want, their company. I wasn't going to play friendly with anyone, even if it was asked or required of me. If it came down to my life on the line then I'd reconsider it, but that was in my opinion, highly unlikely.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☀ The Last Defense ☀ no longer accepting! ☀

Postby darcy_jensen » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 pm

✦ A E R I S S A ✦
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [seventeen] [bisexual] [water manipulation] [tags; sage]
    the teenager simply smiled in response to sage's sweet response to her demonstation of the ability she possessed. ari appreciated her company and friendship despite the gap between their ages. "I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon!" she smiled supportively as she walked back down the tunnel to reach the cafeteria. she considered sitting with ant, kevin and parlando, but her anxious, shy nature convinced her to do otherwise. "I wonder what activity we're doing next," she mused aloud to sage, looking over the lunch spread thoughtfully.

(sorry about the writer's block :c )
darcy_jensen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheFae » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:31 pm

Faline Salvaje
Power: Big Cat Shifter
Tagged: Alder

Faline finally mastered her racing heart, finally controlling that inner feline. Yet, that feline was still purring. She just wanted to curl up with Alder and take a cat-nap. But then Alder smiled, and her heart was off again. For once, she was the prey and not the predator, but she didn't even think Alder knew he was a predator.
His smile was beautiful, and his dark russet eyes seemed to glow and lighten till they were a warm amber. Coupled with the black hair, he was almost breathtaking.
She was definitely prey when it came to that smile.
And when he laughed, Faline thought she would float away with the sound of it. She never heard him so carefree, and she swooned.
"Let's get started then. I need some good cooking yesterday." Faline teased, though she didn't know how to convey how much it meant to her to hear that he believed in her already. She always felt like it was her responsibility to look over her siblings, her responsibility to make sure everyone was well taken care of. She never really believed in her abilities, since she's never been able to develop them like she had wanted. But Alder believed in her. Alder, who was grumpy and never complimented anyone, believed in her. Her heart started beating differently, now filled with pride when she never used to have it.
"I am so in over my head." She thought to herself, knowing that falling for the Commander was only going to lead to heartache. He would never want to date, let alone fall, for a trainee that he viewed as a kid.
"He would still be fun to play with." Her inner feline purred, practically stretching out like she was in the sun. Lazy, relaxed, filled with infinite boredom. Her inner feline wasn't wrong though, it would be fun to play with Alder.

Ettore Salvaje
Power: Temperature Manipulation (not found yet)
Tagged: Lawrence

Ettore knew he must either be stupid or looking for a death wish, but he saw Lawrence, and he saw how she was alone. Even if she didn't want his company, he could at least sit at that table to at least make her not look so alone. He slowly stood, gracefully walking over to the trashcan and disposing of his plate, before walking over to Lawrence.
"Hello Lawrence. Do you mind if I sit with you?" He asked, still standing for a moment before taking a seat. He knew she would only turn him away. "Figured I might as well keep you company so Alder doesn't notice you wasted the food you didn't eat. We all know how he is about wasting food." He then smiled slightly.
"Don't worry, I'll keep your secret. I'm a gentleman after all." He stated quietly, trying to keep the situation light. He then blushed and rubbed at his neck. "I was also wondering, if perhaps, you could help me with archery. I'm good, but I'm not the best, and I would love somme pointers. I know you don't like interaction, and frankly, neither do I, but we're both on the same team. Let's just help each other out. Tell me what to do, or what you need, and it's yours." He glanced up at her, but not pleadingly. If there was one thing a Salvaje didn't do, it was beg.

(Coahoma is still open)

KellyArtemisFae
she/her pronounsengineerwriter

for the strength of the pack is the wolf,
and the strength of the
wolf is the pack.

EruditeDistrict Ravenclaw

signature & avatar made by

TheFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:13 am

Runt stared at her lieutenant with a huge grin, trying to understand the gist of her instructions. It seemed simple enough. Make the roughed up area into a flat, but still roughed up area. Since she didn't need to reattach every little pebble together, it would be much easier.
"Okay!"
The idiot grabbed the biggest boulder and, emulating something from a video game or wrestling show, bent over backwards to suplex it over her head. The thing crashed to the ground, sending up dust everywhere as it split into five separate pieces. These were just breadcrumbs to the crazily excited little girl, who proceeded to smash them with punches and a few headbutts here and there (to prove her skull was really tough).
That was the biggest boulder. There were still a couple more, and Runt had started beating up the second biggest when Liv decided it was time to stop. Runt grabbed the trident and tried to stab the non-pointy end into the ground. It worked simply because of her ridiculous strength, making a huge dent in the floor, but it ended up toppling over under the weight of the three prongs. Runt shrugged, raced over, and pulled on Xia's sleeve.
"Come on! Unless you want me to carry you like I picked up that huge boulder!!" Honestly, Runt wished Xia would choose the second option. It would be sooo much fun to carry her around.

* Tags: Liv & Xia

---

Parlando placed the lasagna on the table carefully, not wanting to spill any. The Commander was in a good mood today, according to Anthony, but a good mood by Alder standards might mean 'slightly less murderous than usual but still really murderous'. Alder's temper reminded Pearl of his own mother.
"I'll definitely ask him- when I'm done eating as much as I can." Pearl chuckled. "If I get murdered by the Commander, I'd like to at least have eaten my fill of good lasagna."
He looked over at Alder, who was honest to goodness smiling. Parlando blinked, wondering if he had gone mad. But this was an actually happening thing.
"Great Solara in a pond! You were right." Pearl exclaimed incredulously. As he looked again to confirm his suspicions, he also noticed Lawrence was sitting at a table with Ettore. Perhaps she would make a new friend. Pearl gave his childhood friend an encouraging smile, hoping she saw it. He hoped Lawrence would be on his team for Capture the Flag along with his other friends.
"Now that Wayne's gone, I think it will be a good day for everyone." Parlando twirled his fork in his hand. "And an especially good night for us. Our barracks will smell like heaven!"
No more unappetizing stench. It was a dream come true. Parlando took a big bite out of the lasagna, enjoying the rich warm taste. It reminded of home and his dad's cooking.

* Tags: Lawrence, Ettore, Ant, Kevin

---

Alder raised an eyebrow, dark russet eyes glittering.
"You trying to give me orders, kitten?" He lowered his voice to a mock threatening growl. This was followed by his smile returning, as he had already spent all his anger for today, or so he believed.
He felt like he had carried a boulder for two weeks and finally set it down. Acacia's memories, which had tormented him with grief and fury, now comforted him. Her story was over but his was only beginning.
Alder was starting to believe, too, that maybe he could leave a legacy like hers. He would never replace the Heroine, rather he would be the Hero of Humanity.
But Acacia didn't do it alone. And neither would Alder.
He could feel Faline's heart beating, and with it the rush of pride that swelled through her chest. A lionness's pride. Alder was half expecting her to sprout a mane (he didn't know the differences between male and female lions).
"How about this? If you win this round, you choose the menu for the week. You name it, I cook it."
Alder decided it was appropriate to purposely omit the other option- if Faline lost. The food enough would be "incentive" as she would say.
Liv had not yet entered the cafeteria yet. Neither had several of the other girls. Alder assumed the lieutenant was also giving out an incentive of some sort. Runt would take the bait from any such encouragement. You could tell that kid to eat fried cockroaches for the good of humankind, and she would happily do it with a cherry on top.
But then again, pitting Runt against Faline as captains would be unfair. Being captain was all about wits. It was important to train everybody in every domain, but there were limits. Just like Anthony would never run screaming into battle swinging a greataxe, Runt was not cut out to be a strategist. To Alder, it was more important that his trainees and soldiers did what was best. He refused to force them into a role they weren't ready for.
Day by day, he saw everyone improving in their own ways. Lawrence was an assassin of sorts. She preferred to stay away from her allies, and on the battlefield, she would fight well alone too. Forcing her to fight side-by-side with an ally might actually slow her down. Naevys was a hard worker who never gave up. Alder saw incredible potential in him and his brothers, including the ridiculous Evren. Aerissa's kindness kept up everyone's morale.
To Alder, they were becoming a family. One barrack housed a sisterhood, the other a band of brothers. He could feel the rhythm of their heartbeats weaving closer together. Yes, even now as he stood beside Faline, he could feel his own heart quickening to match hers.
One day, he decided, all their hearts would beat as one. They would leave the barrier and the stifling dark of the underground. Alder could see it now. Piles of ash where the Hellborn used to be. Great rolling hills that extended past the edge of the world. Rising from the horizon, a great golden light brighter than anything they had seen before.
He saw himself and his army. He saw himself carrying this little punk on his shoulders as they climbed one of the hills, as they stood atop the whole world and watched humanity's first sunrise.

... It's so warm. This is...
... I call it "Hope".
Acacia... are you there?
You'll see. But I know you'll be there, pup.

"It's good practice- for when I cook you breakfast on the Surface." Alder stood up, cracking his back slightly. "But don't maul 'em too much, you hear?"
His only worry was that he had given her too much incentive. Hope could do things to you. Alder would know- he felt a little drunk on it right now.

* Tags: Faline
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeybee. » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:12 am

Lieutenant Liv Brie//18//Location-Training Cave//Tags-Xia;Eletha:Runt;

Liv put her hand on her hips sternly when Runt whined after being told to clean up but it wasn't necessary. Within two seconds Runt was eager and cheerful again. Liv winced as the younger girl just dived onto the shattered floor. "Please..." Runt pummeled her hand straight through a solid rock, "..be careful." She finished with a sigh as the girl began to demand 'dinstructions'. The lieutenant chuckled at Xia's salute and nodded approvingly at her encouraging idea for Runt. The pair's laughter was enough to set Liv into peals of her own. "You don't need to reattach the rock together, Runt." She told her, still chuckling a little, "Just make sure it's not going to kill anyone. Flatten it out as best you can for now and I'll try and find some earth to pack into the hole after we've eaten. We live underground, I imagine there'll be some lying around."
Honestly, Liv just couldn't bear to watch Runt try to put the pieces of rock together like a jigsaw when the delicious smell of lunch was wafting in. "Let's go eat." She told them, "Just stick that trident in the hole so everyone can see it's there."
When Runt did as she asked, before starting to bounce around Xia, Liv chuckled and quickly flipped the trident over, so that the sharp points were stuck into the shattered rock, to prevent anybody tripping and getting impaled on it.

Ant Lithorn//16//Location-Training Cave//Tags-Parlando;Kevin

"He doesn't like waste so he'd probably be glad you just wanted to save your leftovers for later." Ant pointed out when Parlando said he wanted to eat his fill first before he potentially got murdered, "But, yeah, eat it first. It would be pretty awkward if you asked to save some and ended up eating it all because it was just so good."
Snorting at Pearl's curse, Anthony followed his gaze to where the Commander was practically beaming as he spoke to Faline and did a double take. His statement about Alder's good mood had been based on the copious amounts of lasagna they had been supplied with, he didn't realise that his mood was that good. Frankly, it as slightly terrifying. They were used to Alder's scowls, not his smiles. This was unknown territory.
He grinned at Parlando's comment about the now pleasant scent of the barracks without Wayne. "We'll all breathe easy tonight." He agreed, "This whole last stand thing is going to be so much more pleasant without Wayne around."
honeybee.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fenrhys, Wolf Queen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:41 am

Rain

I feel the warmth of my friends hand against my cheek and find myself smiling, "Something got me back here though I don't know what..." I mumble softly. My faze flickers back to the male to whom I nod in thanks.
"Alright. Thank you." I state before e my attention returns to Ember. "Sorry you had to see me like that..."

Eletha

I talk to Damian in a whisper about how cool big sis Runt and Xia were in that fight. It was crazy and I wondered if I could ever match up.

Kit

I shake my head, "Naw it's fine. They were a good family... my mom was very kind and a sweet lady. She hated conflict and use to sing me to sleep... my dad was strict and funny... he was a social butterfly..." I gently squeeze Demetria' s hand in mine trailing off. "Hmm... have you ever wondered what it was like before we were confined here? If so, what do you imagine?"

Tyde

I smile at the male and chuckle, "Pretty great. I did the usual thing." I state softly knowing Mallius would likely get the hint that I was swimming again. Water was basically my second home. "How about you Malli?"
♛𝕼𝖚𝖎𝖊𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝕴 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖚𝖗𝖊♛

╔════════════════════════╗
llI'm Fenrhys, by all means
llmessage me if you'd like to talk.
llI am a roleplayer, always looking
llfor someone to rp with me. I
llmay have slow responses at
lltimes though, when school and
llwork keep me busy. Anyways,
llhave a great day.
╚════════════════════════╝
xxxxxxxxxxxxxᴡᴀɪᴛ

♕♕♕

───────────────────────── for I am a warrior ──────────────────────────────────────────────
Fenrhys, Wolf Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ ☀ ─ ✭ ─ ♞ ❞ ─── nineteen

Postby passione » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:22 pm

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      [ training caves ] - [ soon to be speed / photokinesis / telekinesis ] - [ crossbow / crossbow / longbow ]
      [ tags - sherlyn / giovanni / sherlyn ]

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
        Ryker said nothing. He didn't need to. Sherlyn didn't know them well, but judging by the guilt on his face, written in his eyes, she would have been able to tell that from now on, Ryker would be treating his younger brother like nothing less than a king. Naevys was different. He merely nodded in agreement, though his heart wasn't in it. He had been picking on Evren all his life. He truly did feel bad, but maybe this was taking something away from him. Maybe it was taking away Naevys' ability to vent. Ryker had always been right. Never take your pain out on someone else. He was just so deep in regret now that he couldn't pay attention to Sherlyn— let alone say anything at all.

Evren, too, was quiet. He looked up at Giovanni with eyes that said "will it? will it really be fine?" The thing was, Evren wasn't used to being a pessimist at all. He was the bouncy ball of sunshine in his family alongside his youngest sisters. So, when he finally shows someone his negative side, it all comes spilling out, neverending. Evren didn't even realize he had this inside of him. "Yeah... Yeah..."

Now, the question was, where was this coming from all of a sudden? Giovanni Persad was being kind to him. Awfully kind. Didn't he always think Evren was weird for being so clingy? Wasn't GioGio a strange nickname to him? That didn't seem to matter anymore. As soon as Giovanni wrapped his arms around Evren, the usually golden boy released his knees, just so he could return the hug. It's ok to cry or feel down sometimes, Evren. Maybe those words were enough.

Evren pressed his face against the crook of Giovanni's neck and clung onto him as if this very moment with his crush was his last. It started with a few whimpers, but those whimpers grew into sobs. Evren couldn't tell if they were happy or sad anymore. He really would have continued with this release of emotions. He really wanted to, but the lunch bell rang.

MALLIUS TAVRINTH
      ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      [ training caves ] - [ soon to be astral projection ] - [ rapier ] - [ tags - tyde ]
      ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════
        The hint had been received and accounted for. "Deep conversations with girls about rats. I just discovered that some people here may not be very sane. Same old, same old."

REIDUN OLSEN/XIA ARGON
      ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      [ training caves ] - [ aura manipulation ] - [ trident ] - [ tags - eletha, liv, runt ]
      ══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
        "Runt vs. boulder! Who will win!" Yeah, there really wasn't much Xia could have been doing at the moment so she decided to narrate Runt's movements (solely because I have writer's block). "She lifts the boulder, not giving it a chance to attack... Runt is now taking big steps... and SLAM! BOULDER IS DOWN! 3.. 2... 1... RUNT IS THE VICTOR!!"

Xia jogged over to her fallen trident and picked it up, pressing the three prongs into the rubble that Runt had just created. Her stomach was growling at the scent of lunch coming from the cafeteria and quite frankly, Xia was ready to dive for it but Runt had a much better idea. Xia spread her arms and yelled.

"SUPLEX ME!!"
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DetectiveLunar » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:55 am

Sherlyn "Sher-sher" Hernandez//Female//16//Tags:Luxen Xyrcan brothers

(Look at Gio's)
Giovanni "Gio" Persad//Male//15//Tags: Evren

Giovanni patted Evren's back gently as he sobbed while hugging him. "It's ok. It's ok,Evren." Gio whispered to Evren in a calm tone,"Just let it all out." Evren wasn't even finished sobbing as the lunch bell rang. Gio looked at Evren then at Sherlyn. He quickly signaled to Sherlyn with his hands to go on without him. Sherlyn nodded and walked off to get lunch. Gio looked back at Evren and whispered,"Do you want to go with me to get something to eat?"

(Sorry I have slight writer's block at the moment or something IDK.)

Sage Moonstone//Female//14//Power:Teleportation//Tags: Aerissa

Sage smiled at her,"I really hope so. Personally I don't want to get killed because I teleported closer to danger rather than away." She said giggling even though she was quite worried that might happen. "Me too and hopefully no one dies during the activity." She said imagining Wayne getting killed somehow by the others or by Alder himself.

Kevin "Flower Boy" Fernandez//15//Male//Tags:Ant & Parlando

Kevin dramatically shivered,"I don't know how you guys can like it!" Kevin said making a dramatic pose. He couldn't help but laugh at what he was doing. He got his food and sat down next to them as Pearl started to talk about saving some food. "Ehhh.." Kevin gave him a look of disapproval. "I don't think that would be good." He said stating his opinion before he continued,"Wouldn't it be cold? I don't know about you but I don't like cold food.." But he nodded agreeing about the whole being able to not suffocate while sleeping because of Wayne tonight. "To be honest I'm surprised Wayne's stench hasn't killed me yet."
DetectiveLunar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⧼ ➴ ── i grew into the queen of hell !! 」

Postby hellb0und » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:14 am

( ☾. // DEMETRIA!)
          I've been running through the jungle,
          I've been running with the wolves.
          My attention was locked on Kit as he spoke, patiently waiting to chime in, “They both seem like wonderful people. I truly wish I had the chance to meet them...” I murmur, looking down at our conjoined hands. A smile tugging at the corners of my lips as his grip tightened momentarily. “Of course I have. I guarantee it's beautiful. Much better than this prison they call our 'temporary home'. Stretching for miles, with colors of orange, pink, and yellow painted across the sky as the sun sets. Then, in the morning, we'd all be risen by the comforting light of the sun, beaming down on our tired or eager faces. Willing us into a new day, a new start.” After that I paused, laughing at how ridiculous my attempt at being poetic was. “Not much of a poet, but I tried,” I shrug. “How about you? What do you think the world looked like?” I ask, curious as to what his outlook was. I was aware not everyone saw the world as I had, especially people like Lawrence or Alder. Suppose in times such as this, it's hard. To see past this ongoing war. Even so, I had faith that it would end.

( 🔥. // !)
          she carried ice in her heart and hellfire in her eyes.
          I snarled inwardly, my attention momentarily settling on Ettore. Furious he'd had the guts to go ahead and take a seat, despite the obvious fact I hadn't wanted company. I only scoffed when he mentioned the fact that I'd wasted the plate of lasagna, go ahead, tell Alder. As if I care. He wasted no time, getting straight to the point just a minute later. “If there's anything I need or want I can handle getting it myself.” I shoot back defensively, glaring at him with piercing gray eyes. “The answer is no, I work alone.” With that, I get up from my seat, and stalk over to another uninhabited table. My defiant and cynical nature already settled in. I was almost daring him to follow me. He'd made one dumbass move, therefore I wouldn't hold it against him to pull another. In which case I wouldn't play so kindly.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:04 pm

(Sorry Faline, I'll reply to you later. I can't keep 'em waiting any longer. XD)

Runt being Runt, she got more and more excited as Xia narrated her actions, until she couldn't tell the difference between her friend's words and reality. As Xia picked up her trident, Runt bounced around on her feet like a corgi puppy waiting to play a game of fetch. With the trident.
"Oh my god!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs as Xia honest-to-goodness actually asked her to suplex her. The idiot tackled her taller friend in a big bear hug that turned into, well, a suplex. Runt bent over backwards to drop Xia to the ground, but she wasn't that flexible, and they both went down. Runt ended up under Xia in a giggling heap.
"That was the best move ever," She said, grinning so hard her face hurt. The short punk wriggled out from underneath and darted towards the tunnel.
"Race you to the cafeteria! Last one there eats Wayne's socks!"

Note: This is the corgi puppy of Runt I was talking about. [Link]

* Xia

---

Parlando did love drama. Not the kind of teenage drama that tore relaticonships apart, but rather real drama, the art of acting. His hand went to his chest, and he made an expression like Kevin had shot him with an arrow.
"We like garlic bread because we are humans!" Parlando insisted in an outrageously posh accent, then chuckled at his ridiculous imitation. Who did he even sound like? No one he knew in person.
"Anyway Kevin, you don't have to eat the leftovers. Unless it magically turns into garlic bread, then you must share with us. Brother's honor."
As he finished up his lasagna, he was glad for his empty plate but not his full stomach, because Kevin was talking about Wayne's bad smell again.
"You're about to kill me by mentioning his smell," Pearl chuckled.

* Ant, Kevin
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me