☀ The Sanctuary ☀ teens with powers ☀ Closed!

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

Once the drama cools down a bit, want a timeskip?

Yes, skip to when the FIRST army is arriving at the Sanctuary. But have the other armies arrive pretty quickly after the first.
50%
Yes, skip to when the LAST army finally arrives at the Sanctuary.
30%
NO!!!
20%

Total votes : 10

Re: The Sanctuary (teens with powers)

Postby Azaline » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:34 am

Jaai stood triumphantly as Cyprian crossed, and turned around and prepared to start walking more, but someone grabbed her. She yelped like a helpless pup, then laughed stressfully as she realized who it was. "Disgrace, lovely. Don't scare me like that!"
As he picked her up, she kissed his nose quickly. Once she was dropped, she skipped along, chucking to herself. "Let's go, now," Jaai called, laughter bubbling from her throat.

Everyone was everywhere. People, people, people. Timpani? Silas bit back confused and frustrated tears. What happened? What? He squished himself into a corner and gripped his knees. He glared at the floor, wishing it would reveal all the answers.
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slightlybetter » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:41 am

Erin runs up with Jen, following her closely."Do you know what we're up against?" He whispers, visibly nervous. Anything that took so many people to fight had to be really bad. That was his thought at least. He strained his eyes to see anything in the dark. He heard a ruckus in another room, but what was nothing compared to the beating in his ears.
Slightlybetter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellb0und » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:12 pm

jennifer dire

➷══════════════════════════════════➷

Jennifer nodded, "Yes, it's about 7 feet.. Scales, wings, and a large tail. It seems like some sort of demon." She scooted over a bit, giving herself some space. "We need to attack eventually, somebody else has already started." Jennifer muttered throughout the unsettling darkness. The creature was clear to see, as it's eyes were glowing. She stared up at the large demon, this was nothing compared to an animal. Although they'd need to take it down if they were going to keep everyone alive and safe.
Last edited by hellb0und on Tue May 02, 2017 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
                                          not on here much.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Slightlybetter » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Erin smirks,"Does it breath fire too?" He asks. He notices Jennifer shifting away, but thinks nothing of it. He saw the eyes too and the smirk was wiped from his face."You should step back some." He says in a monitone voice to Jen,"When that creature attacks, I can fight it. If you're behind me I can try to protect you and you can provide fire with that bow." With that said he takes a step forwards, ready for the monster to attack.
Slightlybetter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:14 pm

[Check out the character height/light chart! https://i4.imgpile.com/i/2aE9l.png ]

Somehow, Rowan could feel his memories being shared with Gwen, as their foreheads touched. It had worked despite his expectations, but he didn't know how to feel about that. When he saw the tears streaming down Guinevere's face though, he felt it like a stab of pain in his own heart.
Gwen said his name quietly, although it wasn't his name at first. She uttered Solara's name before correcting herself. Rowan was inside Gwen's mind, meaning she had complete power over him, yet he was almost helpless. He couldn't even feel her emotions. Was she... was she afraid of him? Was that why she said Solara's name instead of his?
Rowan had promised not to let go of her until the war was over, but it was Gwen who moved away of her own accord. The darkness... Rowan was reluctant to pull away, and he kept a hand on Gwen's arm, though he had begun to tremble. He looked into her eyes, praying he would not find fear or hatred.
Or maybe that was too much to ask for.

"No, not a goodbye," Gavotte whispered as he watched Jen leave wistfully. "More like a 'see you later'. You are someone I'll never say goodbye to."
He sat down beside Rowan, waiting there dutifully. He had no weapon, but his senses could give him advance notice if anyone even considered coming after him.

Cyprian was so happy just being with Jaai, away from the annoying brats in Windwoods Village. "Yes, my lady," he said with a dramatic bow before following her like a little puppy. He loved following behind her, honestly. As bossy as Cyprian was, he didn't want to be any sort of leader. He wouldn't give Alastair the pleasure of having a leader son. In fact, just to get back at his dad, Cyprian would rather become a house-husband. He would cook and clean, and not even give his wife an opportunity unless she actually demanded it.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azaline » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Jaai sped up her pace, but she had half a mind to stop and listen. Not only could she hear her heartbeat, but her ears picked up the sound of birds chirping, and crickets whistling, and even the sound of the wind rustling the leaves on the trees. Nothing couldbe silenced. That was nature's way. Her mother once took her out to the forest. How she enjoyed playing in the fallen leaves and wondering which tree discarded them to sleep.
.... Jaai wiped the dumb tears from her cheeks. It didn't matter. All that held importance in her heart was fixing her country and Cyprian. Yina was nothing, and Jaai firmly believed it.
Then why was she crying?
Jaai studdied her surroundings and decided her location. They passed the canyon, and many trees, and so.... Jaai looked past the tall oaks and firs to determine if they were fanning out. They did, and Jaai wiped her eyes to glance back at Cyprian.
"I'm going to act differently, Lovely. I gotta act," she explained. "Remember this: we are spies."
🤭 hey 😳 baby 🤭
Azaline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellb0und » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:52 pm

jennifer dire

➷══════════════════════════════════➷

Jennifer stared at him for a second, "I'm no weakling, be aware of that." She spoke with aggravation, protect her? She could do that for herself just fine, she hadn't needed someone to do that for her. Although he was right, his plan was probably better. "Only this time." She spoke, shifting herself the slightest bit away from him. Jennifer began contemplating his words, although they were simply meant to be kind.. Jen grit her teeth, awaiting the attack.
                                          not on here much.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fenrhys, Wolf Queen » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Guinevere

Age: 15>Crush: N/A>Sexuality: Bisexual>Power: Resurgence>Mood: Loving/Accepting/Shocked>Tagged: Rowan

I look back at the male with only love and acceptance, I place his shaking hand on my cheek and lean into it leaving my hand to linger on his.
"I'm so sorry you had to go through that Rowan... you never deserved to go through that. I'm going to make you a promise, OK?" I smile talking in a soft calming voice wiping away my tears with my free hand, "I will be there for you so long as I am able. I will never leave you if it is in my power to stay. If you ever, for any reason whatsoever, need someone to talk to, even for the smallest of things. Come to me, I promise I will always try to help you, and always listen."
I hold up my pinky finger to complete the promise, "You are never alone, and you will never be alone."
♛𝕼𝖚𝖎𝖊𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝕴 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖚𝖗𝖊♛

╔════════════════════════╗
llI'm Fenrhys, by all means
llmessage me if you'd like to talk.
llI am a roleplayer, always looking
llfor someone to rp with me. I
llmay have slow responses at
lltimes though, when school and
llwork keep me busy. Anyways,
llhave a great day.
╚════════════════════════╝
xxxxxxxxxxxxxᴡᴀɪᴛ

♕♕♕

───────────────────────── for I am a warrior ──────────────────────────────────────────────
Fenrhys, Wolf Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunnyJustice » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:15 am

Rowan was speechless. He hadn't been expecting Gwen to react like that. He would have mistaken this for a dream, except his vision was still aglow with a wondrous array of lights. All these lights, at the center a melody of green and violet, intertwined with the glow from the sky and the trees... this was what Rowan imagined heaven to look like. A place where nobody would ever have to fear the dark, because there would always be light.
"Thank you," he whispered, simply listening with overwhelming gratitude as she spoke. His hand was no longer trembling, and he just let it rest on Gwen's cheek. This was not what he had done to the redheaded guard. Rowan would not kill Gwen, he would never kill Gwen.
"I promise the same for you," he said and linked his pinky finger with hers. "Whenever you feel the darkness, I'll be here to bring you back to the light."
Relieved beyond belief, he pulled Gwen into his arms and held her like a teddy bear. Now that neither of them were tortured by either guilt nor darkness, Rowan felt himself growing drowsy. He wished he could fall asleep in Lily's arms again, but Gwen was a trusted friend he could hug too. He felt safe here, safe and warm. Seeing this place, seeing the sun in all its glory with his new vision... it gave Rowan renewed resolve to help bring light back to his country. To turn Hesenia away from the dark place it had become. Rowan knew it could be so much more.

"INSOLENT YOUTH!" Cadence roared as she stormed through the front door. She hadn't found those ridiculous teenagers who thought they could just murder her villagers and survive. Of course, the bodies were also missing. The teenagers hadn't disposed of the bodies, instead a couple adult soldiers who stalked them had. It was like Alastair had predicted someone in the village had Gwen's power. Just like during the big battle itself.
Obviously Cadence had violently murdered those soldiers, by making their heads explode with her telekinesis. She never found out their powers since they didn't really fight back. Probably Alastair would have done worse to them if he saw their faces again. Cadence hated that delinquent. Alastair's mother had obviously not hit him enough.
Ignoring the blood splattered on her, she smashed through the remains of the front door. The door itself was completely destroyed, now she was just breaking the wooden frame surrounding it. "WHO IS UP THERE?" she roared, pointing upstairs. "IS ANYONE DESECRATING MY HOME?!"

"I'm Gavotte," the brunette responded to the new boy. "Mayor Cadence's son. I've heard about you."
He kept a careful eye on Rowan and Gwen. Because of Gavotte's power, he would easily be able to notice the subtlest changes in the two teenagers. On a normal day in the village, his father would be healing and Gavotte would be helping. He was great at spotting anything that was out of the ordinary.

Cyprian, of course, was too dense to look at the scenery. He was just focused tightly on walking ahead, although he did realize Jaai was... crying? Cyprian frowned and was about to ask, but then Jaai explained. The boy nodded in understanding. Of course she was a great actor.
"Alright. Got it. I'll just act normal, so my mom doesn't pick up on anything... she might act super stupid, but she can see right through you." Cyprian scowled, thinking of his parents. Oh how he wanted to beat them both up.

---

Extra: "Drunk On Sunshine"

Five years ago...
Ah, Tacet loved dinnertime. It was his favorite meal of the day. Every morning he would rise with the sun, and climb onto the roof for breakfast. Second breakfast came a few hours later, then lunch. But his favorite meal had always been dinner. Tacet loved to lie in the warm glow of the setting sun, staring into its life-giving light.
Today was the winter solstice, and his meals were shorter than usual. He had decided to lie on the roof all day long. Since he lived in Windwoods, the weather was always perfect and temperate. it was ideal for a man who was mostly plant.
"Tacet!" his wife's familiar shrieking voice snapped him out of his trance.
"Yes, my sweet?" Tacet murmured, his mind still in a dreamlike haze. He looked over the edge of his roof, making eye contact with his furious spouse. Her blonde hair was rising in the air as her telekinesis went awry.
"You've been cheating on me with Solara all day long!" Cadence roared. "Get down here and spend time with your family!"
"Yes, my dove." Tacet smiled as he slid off the roof. He landed gracefully on both feet, his strength and agility enhanced after almost a full day of photosynthesizing.
"I can't believe the amount of time you spent with the other woman today," Cadence snapped as she pointed towards the sun. She would constantly berate Tacet for his time sunbathing. The village had personally been blessed by Queen Solara herself, which had irritated Cadence from the start. Tacet needed to photosynthesize, but Cadence considered it to be adultery because that was Solara's light.
Tacet chuckled. "I'll come inside."
"You better." Cadence grabbed him by the collar, a normal thing for her to do, and dragged him into the house. She walked him over to the couch, and Tacet was half expecting her to chain him there, but she just left.
"Gavotte already made dinner, and you missed it!" she nagged before disappearing down the hall. "I'm getting the kids. We're going to watch a movie together, as a family. You can forget about sunbathing for supper!"
With a warm chuckle, Tacet leaned back on the couch. Soon Cadence was back with the teenagers, and they put on Home Alone 2. Of course, Cadence kept on pinching Tacet to keep him awake. By the time it was over, the sun had already set. Tacet felt uncomfortable coldness starting to seep through his veins as he watched the end credits. He turned to look at Cadence, who squinted and stared into his eyes.
"What's wrong with you?" she snapped. "Your eyes are turning yellow."
Tacet chuckled, despite the cold feeling growing worse. "Could you hug me?"
Cadence seemed surprised at this request, but she shrugged and put her arms around him. Tacet leaned against her shoulder and he was out cold in a second.
When he woke up, he was lying in his bed. Cadence was nowhere to be seen, but the window was open and the moon shone outside. It was past midnight, Tacet could feel it. A perk of his photosynthesis involved being able to tell relative time, since he needed to know exactly when the sun would rise.
It was a few seconds before the pain hit. It ran in his veins like ice, making him feel completely exhausted and helpless. He bit his lip and endured it, but the pain kept worsening and it didn't show any signs of relenting.
"Cadence?" Tacet called out with forced calm. He didn't know how much longer he could bear this. Darkness pressed at the corners of his vision, and the cold was closing in on his slowing heart. He could hardly breathe -- it felt like a weight was on his chest, growing heavier by the second.
"We're here!" Cadence shouted.
Heavy footsteps pounded up the stairs, then Cadence burst into the room, dragging a much taller guest. There was no mistaking Queen Solara herself. Her very presence, here in this room -- Tacet couldn't help but stare in awe. He noticed the glare Cadence gave him, but he simply couldn't look away. Solara's eyes were opened, a rare sight, and Tacet naturally yearned to gaze into them. She approached and sat on the bed, as Cadence looked on with her fists clenched. It was only then that she made direct eye contact with Tacet.
All the pain stopped then, as warmth melted the ice in his veins. The weight was lifted off his chest and he felt as light as a feather. He was locked in her warm, bright gaze, which others found impossible to look at, but he found it impossible to look away. This was what he desperately needed.
"Such lovely eyes," he whispered drowsily as he stared into the light. "You have the most wonderful eyes."
"Get your photosynthesis over with," Cadence snapped.
"Shh," Solara murmured in her deep, calm voice. Tacet couldn't tell whether she was talking to him, or to Cadence. Either way, she was actually here in this room, actually talking to them, and actually saving his life. He could just cry.
Solara gently brushed her hand across his cheek, and he sighed in contentment. It took him a moment to realize he had actually been crying from happiness, and she had wiped his tears.
"You're so warm," Tacet murmured. "Thank you... thank you for coming here."
"All in a day's work." Solara smiled, but it never reached her eyes. Not many people could notice this, because no normal people could look directly into those blindingly bright eyes.
"Shut up," Cadence snapped.
Solara chuckled. Tacet simply lay there, completely relaxed and comforted as he gazed deeply into her eyes. Eventually he began to drift off to sleep.
"Nighty night, sunshine, sweetie," Tacet whispered sleepily.
The last thing he heard was his wife's furious voice. "Have you been drinking?!"
Of course, he had. He was drunk on sunshine.
SunnyJustice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fenrhys, Wolf Queen » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 am

Guinevere

Age: 15>Crush: N/A>Sexuality: Bisexual>Power: Resurgence>Mood: Calm/Happy>Tagged: Rowan

I smile and return the hug of the male and notice him falling asleep, "That's right Rowan, you won't kill me, I'll still be here when you wake up." I whisper to the him quietly as I hug him.
Letting him go for a moment, I readjust my position and sit on my knees, I then pull him gently back down so his head is resting in my lap.
"Just relax, everything is going to be ok now. Sleep all you like, you are safe with me. I will wake you when it's time to go ok?"
I gently stroke the boys hair, humming the same song from before, but this time, the words can be understood.

♫♪Little child, be not afraid
The rain pounds harsh against the glass
Like an unwanted stranger
There is no danger
I am here tonight♪♫
♫♪And someday you'll know
That nature is so
This same rain that draws you near me
Falls on rivers and land
And forests and sand
Makes the beautiful world that you see
In the morning♪♫
♫♪For you know, once even I
Was a little child
And I was afraid
But a gentle someone always came
To dry all my tears
Trade sweet sleep the fears
And to give a kiss goodnight♪♫
♫♪Well, now I am grown
And these years have shown
Rain's a part of how life goes
But it's dark and it's late
So I'll hold you and wait
'til your frightened eyes do close♪♫
♫♪And I hope that you'll know
That nature is so
This same rain that draws you near me
Falls on rivers and land
And forests and sand
Makes the beautiful world that you see
In the morning♪♫
♫♪Everything's fine in the morning
The rain will be gone in the morning
But I'll still be here in the morning♪♫

Blaze Tanner

Age: 17>Crush: Olivia>Sexuality: Straight>Power: Hypnotism>Mood: Concerned/Lovestruck>Tagged: Olivia/Cadence/Gavotte/Rowan/Guinevere/Jennifer

I smile at the male, "Nice to meet you Gavotte." I say. I open my mouth to say something in, but before I can, Mayor Cadence comes in screaming, "WHO IS UP THERE?" and, "IS ANYONE DESECRATING MY HOME?!"
I turn to face her completely surprised, "Mrs Tenuto please calm down!" I exclaim moving to the side enough for Mayor Cadence to be able to see her daughter Gwen and the Adamson boy, Rowan if my memory served correct, holding hands. I remember very vaguely, one of my childhood memories. My parents had told me that though Mrs Tenuto was a sweet lady so long as you were polite, her mood could switch in less than a second. I also remember them saying that she had a grave disliking of the Adamson family. Thinking quick on my feet, I tell Gavotte to prepare for the chance of him needing to catch his mother.
I then make direct eye contact activating my powers of hypnotism. A feeling of calm radiates from my eyes making a direct line to Cadence.
Realizing that she was extremely enraged, I had put extra energy into the hypnotism, should it work, immediately the Mayor would feel beyond calm and relaxed and it was highly possible she would collapse, incredibly tired, and completely open to hypnotic suggestions.
"Please relax Mrs Tenuto." I say in a much calmer voice, one that would pierce through the conscious mind, "Don't worry... you'll feel better when you wake."
♛𝕼𝖚𝖎𝖊𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝕴 𝖜𝖎𝖑𝖑 𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖚𝖗𝖊♛

╔════════════════════════╗
llI'm Fenrhys, by all means
llmessage me if you'd like to talk.
llI am a roleplayer, always looking
llfor someone to rp with me. I
llmay have slow responses at
lltimes though, when school and
llwork keep me busy. Anyways,
llhave a great day.
╚════════════════════════╝
xxxxxxxxxxxxxᴡᴀɪᴛ

♕♕♕

───────────────────────── for I am a warrior ──────────────────────────────────────────────
Fenrhys, Wolf Queen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me