((Open & accepting!)) •Materea High• Elemental RP

For roleplays featuring human or human-like characters which have inhuman abilities or live in an (original) fantasy world. E.g. vampires, shape-shifters, werewolves. However this category does not include roleplays based on existing fandoms such as Twilight or Harry Potter

((Open & accepting!)) •Materea High• Elemental RP

Postby 14InAHeart » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:54 am

Welcome to Materea High

Materea High is an elemental roleplay set at (of course) Materea High School: a school designed to train students in their elemental powers, kept secret to the general public and hidden on an alternate plane so that it may reach out to students all over the world!

So you can jump right in, the only thing you must read before applying are the rules. All other info can be read later. But you might want to read the intro now too.

Navigation
Discussion Thread
Student List
The Invitation (Introduction)
Staff List
Classes, Schedule, & Setting Info
RP Rules & Student Application Form
Last edited by 14InAHeart on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 14 times in total.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Invitation

Postby 14InAHeart » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 am

The envelope seems to have appeared in your room overnight. It wasn't in yesterday's mail, and it's unlikely that a family member stuck a wax seal on it just to sneak it under your door. On one side, your name is handwritten in looping calligraphy. You open it up and read:

Dear potential student,

This is an invitation to attend Materea High School. You have been specially selected.

We've noticed that in the past year you've developed the peculiar power to manipulate a certain aspect of the world around you. This is no doubt new and strange to you, and you may be afraid of your powers. This is why we're here.

At our school, you will practice and and hone your skills and by graduation grow into a person confident in their mastery of a rare power unknown to the world. If you have control over your power, there is no need to fear it. Our mission is to guide people like you through what may be an unnecessarily troubling time.

As our school has no official location on the worldly plane (this is so that we can accommodate students from all over the world!), we have opened up a portal to us somewhere near you. Simply step into that portal to reserve yourself a spot at Materea High. If we get no response from you within seven days, that portal will be closed. If you do decide to enroll, we will keep your portal open year-round.

Since elemental powers are so widely misunderstood, parental permission is not required to enroll. You may tell your household family of Materea once enrolled, but please take into consideration the fact that whether you tell your family or keep them in secrecy, both have risks, and we will not be held accountable for any results of taking said risks. You may not tell any person outside of your household of Materea High.

For more information or if you have any questions, please step through your portal.

Sincerely,
Lady Materea

Also tucked into the envelope is a slip of paper with a hand-drawn map marking the location of your personal portal.
Last edited by 14InAHeart on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby 14InAHeart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:00 am

Note: These characters are free to be played by anyone, but please try to stay true to these profiles, and accept any developments made by other players as canon!

•Lady Materea•
- Appearance unknown, but it's commonly believed that she's an elderly woman.
- The founder and headmaster of Materea high.
- Element: unknown
- Lady Materea likes to keep an air of mystery and makes sure to never appear to her students. She often communicates through letters and other handwritten documents. She's very prim and formal and enforces a no-nonsense policy but makes her care for her students and staff known.
- Relationship status: unknown

•Mister Neal Saab•
Image credit to ahassancirlce2000 on DA.
- Counselor
- Pronouns: he/him
- Element: N/A
- A non-elemental and the only staff member to have met Lady Materea in person (he meets with her regularly). Is very optimistic at heart, often has a smile on his face, and is the kind of counselor who will offer a shoulder to cry on after a breakup. Many duties fall on his shoulders – but when he's not busy, he likes to hang out in the classrooms. He's not entirely oblivious to Mr. Bell's crush but never does anything about it.
- Relationship status: single

•Miss Lorraine Bennet
Image credit to faestock on DA.
- Librarian
- Pronouns: she/her
- Element: Earth
- A quirky woman, Ms. Bennet makes sure to stock the library with not only educational materials, but also some entertaining fiction – mostly cheesy young adult novels, reflective of her own tastes. She likes ducks a lot and is known to hide duck figurines in the shelves. Don't ask her about her pet birds at home.
- Relationship status: dating Ms. Dot

•Doctor Agnetha Hier•
Image credit to Miss-REdreaming on DA.
- Air Basics teacher, Practical Uses teacher
- Element: Air
- Dr. Hier is kind but very focused on teaching and is unlikely to engage in any conversation outside of class material. She has a very structured teaching method and has every lesson plan mapped out from day one. She takes inspiration from literature and considers herself very wise.
- Relationship status: married to an unaware non-elemental

•Mister Ulisse Bell•
Image credit to CathleenTarawhiti on DA.
- Earth Basics teacher, Magickal Objects teacher
- Pronouns: he/him
- Element: Earth
- Mr. Bell is a laid-back guy who speaks to his students as equals. His teaching style involves a lot of hands-on work, and usually the class is left to their own studies as he circles the room to work with each student one-on-one. He has a blatant crush on Mr. Saab but will refuse to admit so.
- Relationship status: single

•Mux Brett Amos•
Image credit to freestockswirls on DA.
- Fire Basics teacher, Precision teacher
- Pronouns: they/them
- Element: Fire
- Mx. Amos is on the pessimistic side and can be untrusting. They're a strict believer in playing by the rules and are often overly-worried about safety – hence their tendency to take class outdoors, even when no actual fire is in the lesson plan.
- Relationship status: married to an aware non-elemental

•Miss Dorothy Blanco•
Image credit to biscuitroses on DA.
- Water Basics teacher, Working Together teacher
- Element: Water
- A very creative woman who asks her students to call her Ms. Dot. Her classes learn via experiments more than anything else, and she writes an inspirational quote on the board each day. She loves students who ask questions & believes there's no wrong answer as long as it's backed up with evidence.
- Relationship status: dating Ms. Bennet
Last edited by 14InAHeart on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:50 am, edited 19 times in total.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Classes, Schedule, & Setting Info

Postby 14InAHeart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:02 pm

Since we do not follow a traditional curriculum (which would include frivolous subjects such as math or language arts) and focus solely on elemental powers, each student only attends three classes.

Your schedule will be in the following format:
7:30 - 10:30 {your element} Basics
10:35 - 10:55 School-wide lunch break
11:00 - 12:30 {secondary class of your choice}
12:35 - 2:05 {secondary class of your choice}
2:10 - 2:20 Study Hall

*For study hall, you may choose any room, but you may not roam the halls.

Our classes

Primary
- Air Basics
- Earth Basics
- Fire Basics
- Water Basics

Secondary
- Practical Uses (using your powers in everyday situations)
- Magickal Props (you can just use your hands, or you can learn to use wands and enchanted objects to your advantage)
- Precision (honing your skill to exactness)
- Working Together (how to use your powers in a group or with a partner of the same or a different element)
*We may add a history class in the future. Elementals are too new of a discovery to have much of a history.

School Layout Notes
- The school is one-story, built in a square ring shape, with an outdoor courtyard in the center. You may spend lunch or study hall there.
- Said courtyard is sizable and well-decorated, with several benches and a wishing well that is mostly for amusement (but granted wishes aren't unheard of.)
- There are a few acres of yard surrounding the school. This is available for use as an outdoor classroom area (and is enough space to hold many classes at a time.)
- The yard does have some flat spots but also has some natural rock outcroppings, scattered trees, and a big lake. There's a medium expanse of wildflowers to the side, and there's rumored to be a cave in one of the corners.
- Beyond the yard is a dark forest. Nothing can be seen beyond. No one is permitted to enter the forest.
- There is a special door between the counselor's office and the library. It leads each student and staff member to their respective portal. This is also where you will enter the school when you step through your portal.
Last edited by 14InAHeart on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Application Form

Postby 14InAHeart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Rules and Guidelines
• All Tess' rules and forum rules apply!
• You may have a maximum of two student characters. Playing your characters' family/non-elemental friends on occasion is okay.
• Try to keep elements even.
• Wait for your application to be accepted before you begin roleplaying! I have the right to deny your application.
• If you're quitting or if you're going to be inactive for a while, please notify us on the discussion thread! I do understand if unexpected absences happen.
• Be polite with other players when speaking out of character.
• If you have two characters, they may interact, but it's preferred you keep romances and best friendships between characters of different roleplayers.
• No script style.
• Coding is welcome but not required.
• Sometimes speaking ooc is needed; please offset your ooc speak (for example, double parentheses) or, if the conversation is lengthy, take it to the discussion thread.
• You are allowed to break any school rules; it adds drama! (Do not, however break any rules on this list.)
• Post your application in the discussion thread.

Application Form
Text in parentheses is to provide clarity; you may delete this text when submitting your form.
Code: Select all
[color=#008040]Application[/color]
RPers' username:
Character Appearance (May be a photo, drawing, or detailed description. If using an image, include credit.)
Character's Name (including nicknames, if any):
Gender & Pronouns (ALL genders allowed; please include pronouns):
Element (choose one out of: air, earth, fire, water):
Age (around 13 - 18, please):
City (since we use portals, you can live anywhere in the world!):
Orientation (If romantic orientation does not match sexual orientation, please state both.):
Classes (You must attend your element's general class & have a choice of two other skill classes):
Any other info? (Any personality/back story or other character traits you want to mention. These things may be revealed via rp, if you'd prefer, and you may leave this part blank.):
Last edited by 14InAHeart on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: now accepting! •Materea High• Elemental RP

Postby 14InAHeart » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Now open and accepting! ^^
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

•Dmitri Hughes•

Postby 14InAHeart » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:33 am

Dmitri || location: hallway, near portal || tags: anyone

Backpack slung over one shoulder and violin case in hand, Dmitri squeezed his eyes shut and stepped through the portal. He readjusted his grip on the handle, his palms being sweaty from nerves. Although he'd been through the portal once before, that split-second sensation of being whooshed across vast distances didn't seem like the kind of thing someone could get used to.

It was also an eerie feeling when he opened his eyes to a completely empty and silent hallway - not even did he get the comfort of a muffled conversation from another room.

Taking a moment to catch his breath, Dmitri slipped his backpack off and rummaged for his schedule, too jarred to realize he was still standing exactly where he'd come in, effectively blocking the doorway.
Last edited by 14InAHeart on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ((Open & accepting!)) •Materea High• Elemental RP

Postby GoodbyeYall » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:02 pm

--removed--
Last edited by GoodbyeYall on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
see you later
GoodbyeYall

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

•Dmitri Hughes•

Postby 14InAHeart » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:02 am

Dmitri || location: hallway, near portal || tags: Ro

Dmitri had barely glanced at his schedule when something – someone – ran directly into his back. His balance thrown, he toppled forward, looking up in time to see his violin hit and spin off the opposite wall. Thank goodness the case was padded! He sat up quickly, turning to the young woman who was beginning to collect herself as well. He let out a sigh of relief to see that she appeared okay, just a little frazzled.

"Oh, no, my bad! I'm sorry." he replied. He smiled awkwardly (as he usually did when he was embarrassed) when he realized that not only was she right that he'd been blocking the entrance but that his legs were still sprawled in front of the portal. So he scooted out of the way then stood. "I'm Dmitri, by the way." he said, extending a hand towards the girl.

((Either to help her up or to shake her hand – depending on if Ro's still on the ground or not; i couldn't tell for sure.))
14InAHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Materea High - Jin-Mi "Amy" Moon - 1

Postby Chamrosh » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:55 am

Jin-Mi "Amy" Moon
Air
Suwon -> MH Hallway
Dmitri, Ro
Amy gave one last wave back at her parents, took a deep breath and stepped through the portal for the first time. She half-expected to just emerge on the other side, looking down at the exact same view still, but instead there was an intense tugging feeling in her stomach, and she felt herself being dragged across some huge distance. Her pacing didn't even change length, and she stopped her step neatly on the other side of the portal.
There were two students just in front of her, and it was good that she hadn't walked into either of them. There was also an instrument case a little ways off without any clear owner. Amy took this as meaning that it had been thrown over there accidentally (who threw instruments? In Korea string instruments could cost 700,000 Won, which she assumed would translate into quite a lot of money wherever in the world. No, it had to be an accident. And to avoid any further accident, Amy took a side-step away from the portal before paying any actual attention to either of the other students.
She bit her lip a little, realising she had arrived right in the middle of an introduction, and decided to wait until that was done before saying anything. Instead, she rolled her case a little further away, clicked the handle back in, and looked either way up the corridor.
Well, this wasn't very planned, apparently. There wasn't much indication of which way to go. Maybe there'd be a teacher arriving pretty soon, or maybe either end of the corridor lead to the same place though. She'd rather stay in case of a teacher coming, or other students at least.
Amy watched the other two, and the portal, intently, not wanting to interrupt but also not wanting to miss anyone else who came through.
Last edited by Chamrosh on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me