Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Beaumont Collie Anniversary MYO Event - Closed! by Vinson

Based on Click to view
Artist Vinson [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Beaumont Collie Anniversary MYO Event - Closed!

Postby Vinson » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:15 am

The Beaumont Collie is a working breed perfected on the Blue Beaumont Ranch, known for producing bison/cattle crosses and the dogs to herd them. The three major breeds used to develop this breed were the border collie, kelpie, and the blue lacy, making them a versatile hybrid cross.

Avg. Height: 17-21 in
Avg. Weight: 30-45 lbs
Color: all colors allowed
Coat: smooth, rough, curly, furnished, wire

➛➛

Welcome to Beaumont Collie's very first MYO event!
    In celebration of our fourth anniversary, we're offering our community the chance to design their own collies for the next two weeks. Every user who chooses to participate is allowed to make a smooth tier 3 custom, which will be an official collie once approved.

To join in, just post here and ask to be added! After you've read over the rules, you're free to make your collie under this cover.

Rules:
    - Each user is allowed a tier 3 custom (one uncommon marking, unlimited common and under markings, LL coat type), with an exception for coat colors. You may choose any base coat and any C locus (red) color, regardless of rarity. Please refer to the rarity chart!
    - You may not edit the lines or add any items besides those found in the preset item folder. You may add one preset item to your MYO.
    - Each user must make their own MYO - commissioning another user is not allowed.
    - The event will run for two weeks, until noon central time on March 9th. Any designs posted after this time will not be eligible for approval, but I will still work on approving MYOs that have already been posted.

Approval Signifiers
    Not confident in your oekaki or art skills in general, need help adding a certain tough marking, or want small details added to your MYO? Our artists are here to help! When you post your MYO, you'll need to add an approval signifier. There are three options, all of which can be found in the folder labeled "SAVE: approval signifiers".

- Green: use this signifier if you've made a collie you're completely satisfied with, and don't want another artist touching. Green lets me know that you're ready for me to take a look at your MYO and approve them! I will let you know if any changes are needed, which you can either fix by yourself or ask for help on.

- Yellow: use this signifier if you want a little bit of help from an artist. Some examples of help you can get with this signifier include eye and nose details, smoothing out blend-work, adding markings that cover less than 25% of the coat (small white markings, masking, ticking), or doing minor edits to existing markings (edges of white markings, merle details).

- Red: use this signifier if you want a lot of help from an artist. At a minimum, your base design should include all of the colors you want in roughly the spots you'd like them, like these examples. An artist will use the colors you've provided to complete the phenotype you've listed based on how you've laid things out.

If you use the yellow or red signifier, please watch for an artist to post on your MYO's page with a claim message/asking to be added! You will need to add whichever artist claims your MYO to your drawing to allow them to make a color-in.
    Once I (Vinson) have approved your MYO, you may remove your approval signifier and they will be an official collie! If an artist helps with your design they will remove the signifier on their color-in version, and you can leave the signifier on your initial design.

Additional Help:
    If this is your first time making a collie, it may be a little daunting! Here's a few general tips to help get you started.
    - Add layers! Using a separate layer for each marking can help you to edit these markings later, or quickly change their colors.
    - Make use of the lock-alpha function. The lines, coat color, and eye/nose color layers should all be locked, meaning you will not be able to color outside of the lines without unlocking them first.
    - If you're unsure of how to pick the right color, take a look at the palette! There is an example swatch of each base color and each C locus (red) color that you can use, or use to figure out where on the color square to pick out a different shade.
    - Eye and nose colors can also be tricky. In general, black dogs should have brown eyes and a black nose, liver dogs should have green/brown/hazel eyes and dark pink/light brown nose, blue dogs should have brown/gold/green eyes and a blue-pink nose, and lilac dogs should have green eyes and a pink nose. Any color of dog can have blue eyes if they are merle or harlequin.
    - Refer to the genetics guide when deciding your genotype. Don't want to do it yourself? You can leave the genotype section blank and I'll make one for you when it's time to approve your MYO!
    - Check out our new staff design guide with tips and a coat breakdown from Half Tree, and info on how you can design your collie's eyes from multiple artists.
    - Feel free to ask questions on our discord server! The general help channel would be the best place to ask coat questions.

Ready to Post Your MYO?
    MYOs should be numbered sequentially as "Beaumont Collie MYO #XX", with XX being replaced with the number after the person before you (01, 02, 03...10, 11, 12, etc).
    Please include this form, filled out, when you post your MYO. As mentioned above, if you are not comfortable creating a genotype, you may leave that section blank and I will make one for you. If you have used the green signifier, please delete the 'Help Needed' section.
    Code: Select all
    [list][size=85]

[b]Owner:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b]Height:[/b] [17-21] in
    [b]Weight:[/b] [30-45] lbs
    [b]Color:[/b]
    [b]Genotype:[/b]

[b]Help Needed:[/b] [please be as specific as possible!]

[/size][/list]

Last edited by Vinson on Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Collie Anniversary MYO Event - Open!

Postby Temper » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:27 am

So exciting!
I'd like to participate please!

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NoodleDOOT » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:30 am

this is so exciting 👀 i would love to be added, thankk youuu 🥺❤️
NoodleDOOT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:31 am

I'd love to be added as well!
Forever isn't long enough, I need you forever and a day,
in every lifetime and every universe, through every smile and tear,
by my side, not forever, but for eternity. - ➸

VET
Echo Revna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julius525 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:37 am

I'd love to be added!
Julius525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:53 am

So fun!! I'd also love to be added 💖 I'll do my best!
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:43 am

I would love to be added!
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coaliev » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:53 am

omg so excited!!! would love to be added! <3
coaliev

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cincil. » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:57 am

me 2!!!

id love to be added / participate!

big thank you in advance to Vin and the rest of the BC staff ❤️
cincil.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me