CYBERNETIC | Wings of Fire RP

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Re: CYBERNETIC | Wings of Fire RP

Postby crowface » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 am

Okapi | 15 | Sandwing | City Skyline | tags: Reaper, Noctis, Merlin

With a final grunt in Reaper's direction, Okapi ran the runway of the launchpad and snapped his wings open to catch the artificially generated air current to get up to speed. He activated his augmented eye and checked the coordinates of other dragons, seeing if there was anyone in flight he didn't have visuals on. The sky was clear though, and the airport wasn't any busier than usual. "ATC, Okapi, one-zero-niner-seven, taking off runway 3-6 towards the east district, Okapi, ATC."
The sun lifted past the horizon and brought the world into color. Although Okapi could see smoke trails from several trash fires dotting the landscape, the peace and quiet that came with being so high up calmed his nerves. Okay, field evaluator and rookie. I got this. I can handle this. He ran through a few more of the positive affirmations his mother had taught him as a dragonet before updating ATC on his location, then told them he would be departing out of range. After the officer on the mic bid him luck, he turned his eye off and looked in Reaper's direction. "Let's see how well the mechanics did!" The advancement of neurolink technology was truly a marvel. Okapi opened the vents on the lateral plates on his thighs to get some airflow running through his thrusters, and with a whoop, he accelerated enough to complete a loop in the air. "How's that for coming out of the infirmary?" When he cast a look back he was immediately reminded of Merlin's presence. His face dropped. Camel-farts. I hope Merlin doesn't write that down.I look like a rowdy dragonet.

Leo | 11 | Rain/Sand | Backstreets, City | tags: Dart, Sleet, Adder, anyone else

Leo rolled his eyes at his sister and tapped her with his wing in retaliation. "I formally apologize." He did a faux bow before shooting a look at Sleet. "Not to you though." After looking at the burly guard and listening to the Sandwing that freed him from the deadweight of said guard, Leo spoke again. "You're right, we do have to do something about him. He knows what I look like, but then again, so do many of the other guards. We are definitely NOT killing him though. When did you get so bloodthirsty?" He gave Dart an incredulous look. We used to be dragonets together. I wish this city hadn't changed us so much. "I think our best move is checking if he has any body-cam augments and destroying those, then blowing out of this place." He knew Dart had way better observational skills than he did when it came down to smaller details. She had stronger gut intuition than anyone Leo had ever met in the past.
"Hey, don't miss me too much! You know I'm only a phone call and a tail-beating away." He tried to catch the Icewing's attention one last time before he left.
Image crow - he/him - EST ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
crowface

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faemyse » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:09 am

Snake | She/her | Citizen | 12 | RainWing | Outskirts, City | Tags: Leviathan | Invis: On
    Snake wandered about the outskirts of the city, searching for trouble as she typically did, and potential trouble was discovered as she'd slink through the surrounding brush and turned her scales reflective once she had spotted a seawing, messing with... something. Paying others little to no mind, she would try to sneak over, as quietly as possible, to get a closer glimpse at what the seawing was working on. She said nothing, and did very little to give away her position other than maybe accidentally rustling her tail through debris while stalking over.

Serpent | She/her | Chosen | 12 | Rainwing | Backstreets, City | Tags: - | Invis: Off
    Serpent had walked through the city, minding her own business and staring up at the sky. The thought of wandering the streets was always something that happened fairly often, probably more than it should. No thinking, and seeing where her talons led her. She'd hum a slow tune, taking step to the beat playing in her own head. It would take her a while to actually realize just how far she had really wandered, coming back to reality to find that she was in one of the less savory parts of the city.

Faemyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AGGUA! » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:39 am

Temper | 13 | SkyWing | Alley, City | Tags: Rift (Adder, Okapi, Reaper, Merlin, Noctis mention)

Plucking the parchment from Rift's claws, Temper squinted at it in the dark. "History, huh? I'll look at it later." Stashing the note away, Temper reluctantly stepped out from behind their cover. "I don't think anybody followed. We can look for the SandWing since we should keep moving, anyway." Heading in the direction opposite where they'd came, the SkyWing continued down the narrow corridor. Coming out the other side, the street didn't look that different from the one the Eyeless Cave lived on. She hated the monotony of the City already.
    A new sound caught her attention, high and shrill. Craning her head up to look at the sky, she spotted a dotting of dragons on the horizon, departing from the vast building at the center of the City. It towered above all else, a supposed beacon of transport and holdings for troops. She remembered her dad mentioning something about councilors and board members living up on the higher floors, the ones who were in charge of the City. "That can't be good," she grumbled, gesturing to the skyline. At the very least, it didn't look like they were heading their direction.

Reaper | 18 | Night/Ice/Sand | City Skyline, City | Tags: Okapi, Noctis, Merlin

Noctis blessedly fell in alongside the group, making short conversation with the evaluator. Good. Reaper had been a bit worried that he might lash out at Merlin's presence, as he was often unpredictable in the field and didn't like receiving judgement. But ultimately, it would make him a better soldier in the long run. Merlin herself scribbled something on a paper that Reaper couldn't quite distinguish, but the group had barely gotten off the ground. There was no way any of them had already screwed something up, as Okapi went ahead and touched base with ATC. The SandWing was a lot better in the sky than Reaper was, hence why he liked having him at the lead.
    Beating his wings, Reaper nodded and watched as Okapi engaged his gear. Reaper had yet to get a neural link himself, since none of his tech really required it, but wiring a bottom metal jaw to his skull was a close enough thing. The SandWing jetted ahead, performing an ariel move, and Reaper couldn't help but grin. That answered that, then. "We've got some of the best mechanic and medical teams, I would damn well hope you'd be up to speed!" Accelerating in an attempt to catch up, Reaper surveyed the landscape sprawled out before them.
    The City was a hustling and bustling Utopia, adorned with the crown jewel of the compound the soldiers and higher-ups resided in. Endlessly tall and visible for miles, with even more beneath the surface for holding criminals, the sheer engineering of their tower was something far surpassing dragonkind. The City itself was paradise. It begged the question why anyone would be pissy, which only got on Reaper's nerves more as they rapidly approached their location. "Keep your eyes out!" he called. "We're gonna near where the reports were comin' from pretty soon!"
AGGUA!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ItsAsher0 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:23 am

✦ 𝙽𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚜 | 7 1/2 | Ice/Night | Barracks, City | Tags: Reaper, Okapi, Merlin✦

Noctis followed along, The wind flying past calming his nerves. He adjusted the thermal vision, Keeping an eye out for any visuals as they flew closer to the location. He had sharpened his metal talons prior to the mission in case needed, though he was hoping this would be an easy mission. This will be fine. I can show them I can be a good addition to the team. Just stay calm. Noctis thought silently to himself. Everyone seemed a bit unnerved today, He hoped he wasn't being too much of an issue. He already had problems. He was a bit surprised he could keep himself calm today, maybe it was the calming fresh air or his nerves messing him up. Either way, he couldn't let his thoughts get the best of him on the mission. His metallic fangs retracted from his jaw, a bit sharp. Noctis was making sure the software was up to date as he adjusted his wings for a better speed. I can't mess this up. I can't risk my role being childish.. he sighed.
𝐀𝐬𝐡𝟑𝐫 • BDAY 4/20
Wafflecats Art! <3 • PXL

𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘦𝘦.
𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦

𝐀𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐫𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐧𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐕𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

Excuse me sir, there must be someone you've confused me for!

Image 𝘊𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘎𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴; 𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘐𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 2, 𝘡𝘦𝘭𝘥𝘢 𝘉𝘖𝘛𝘞 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘖𝘛𝘒, 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘍𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦 +! 𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘴/𝘔𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘴: 𝘍𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘛𝘩𝘦 100, 𝘋𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘏𝘢𝘭𝘰, + Image

ImageImageImageImageImage
ItsAsher0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

merlin iv. & leviathan ii.

Postby koi.fish » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:29 pm

──────── 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧
they/she8sky/nightcity skylinetags: reaper, okapi, noctis (rift, temper mentioned)

As Merlin lagged behind the soldiers to gain a better view of all three at once, their talons struggled to keep the pen steady against the wind their wings steadily beat around them, at the ready to jot down the soldiers’ behaviour on the field. A task they would have continued if they hadn’t let their gaze drift to Okapi’s sudden motions before accidentally catching his eye when he cast a glance behind him. Their claws stiffened. He’s going to kill me if it looks like I wrote that down, isn’t he? Whilst Merlin had originally intended to note down their appreciation of Noctis’ disposition on this particular occasion, it was surely safer to put the notebook away. Give dragons as little a reason to have beef with you seemed like a good philosophy to enact at the moment. Besides, they could commend him later, and might as well enjoy the harsh, metallic scenery, no? Or at least the looming scenery of the approaching twists and turns of the backstreets where a SeaWing and SkyWing appeared to be doing… something. Illegal activity perhaps? No matter, alerting the soldiers about it now would only lengthen their case, and if they were really up to something, someone would file a report. Turning a blind eye never went wrong for the SkyWing so why stop now? Plus, Reaper’s announcement of them approaching the location was more than enough… everything for the for the day.

───── 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧
he/him8seaoutskirts, citytags: snake

The delicate scissors’ blade was immediately stopped in its tracks as the gentle rustle of debris floated in the breeze. Just wind, or perhaps something large enough to move debris? Leviathan’s oddly shaped webbed frills bristled at the thought of being in the company of someone else. Surely someone who was laughing at him. Though whether it be for his appearance or his activities, he wasn’t quite sure yet. He paused, waiting for something- someone to show themself, unable to continue his work with the thought of someone looming close by.
koi.fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adder 3 // Dart 3

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:37 pm

Adder "When in doubt, look intelligent."
Male (he/him) // Sandwing // Chosen // 14 Years old
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Looking for the other chosen // Mentions: Sleet, Dart, Leo, Serpent, Rift, Temper // Tags: Serpent

indentationAdder was able to slip away while the two seemingly siblings were arguing together. From the noise he had heard, the scuffle had most likely not gone unheard. Best to get away now before more guards showed up. He also had dragons to look for. A Rainwing, Skywing, and a Seawing as he could recall. The city was big so if he was to find them he'd better get searching. Adder peered around. Where were they most likely to be? What were the odds that the others would be together? He had no idea where to start. He started down another alley, leading away from where he had been with Leo and the other two dragons. He wondered to himself if he would ever meet said dragons again. It didn't matter. He had a task to complete; find the others.
indentationHeaded back towards the 'safer' side of the city, Adder was lost in thought. Trying to sort out where he was to find the others. He didn't recall the messenger telling him a place they were to meet, so Adder was running blind through the streets trying to find three ghost dragons he had never met. Turning a corner Adder ran into something solid, another dragon. He stumbled and tripped over his own talons, trying not to fall on the smaller dragon, while trying to reclaim his balance. His tail whipped dangerously close to the other dragons body and Adder threw himself in the opposite direction. Even though his tail had a covering he still didn't trust himself.
indentationHe stumbled to the side, catching himself with the wall of a building beside him. As he righted himself he noticed the dragon he bumped into was a Rainwing. Only one way to find out if it was the one he was looking for. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was walking, and these big talons aren't exactly easy to maneuver." Adder tried to break the awkward atmosphere with some humor but almost instantly regretted it. What was he doing? "My apologies, I didn't mean to run into you."

Dart Frog (Dart) "Wisdom comes from experience, but experience often comes from a lack of wisdom."
Female (she/her) // Rainwing/Sandwing // Citizen // 6 Years old
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Backstreets of City // Mentions: Adder, Sleet, The Guard Group, Leo // Tags: Leo, Sleet

indentationDart snorted at her brother. She fumbled with the guards body cam before tossing it over her shoulder to Leo. "Here, you do this." Stupid technology. She was no good at things like that. They just made her more frustrated than she needed to be. Dart looked around for any escape routes. There would be more guards turning up soon, there was no way Leo's scuffle had gone noticed. They did need to leave and soon, but Leo seemed to be taking his time with whatever he was doing. Dart had a bad feeling, something in her chest felt tight, telling her they needed to leave, like now. "Leo, we should go. Hurry up with that thing. We need to leave and soon."
indentationDart paced In front of her brother, trying to wait patiently for him to finish, but getting more and more irritable. This was taking too long. The Sandwing had already gone, as they should be doing. There was no doubt in her mind that there were guards on the way. They would be caught if they stayed. "I'm not bloodthirsty, I'm trying to keep us alive, idiot." She didn't mean to snap at him. But she was anxious to be out of this place. "Leo, I have a bad feeling about this. We need to go. There's trouble coming our way, I can feel it. Sleet come back, it's not safe. We should go this way." DArt jerked a talon to the left where yet another shadowy Alley waited.
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faemyse » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:05 pm

Snake | She/her | Citizen | 12 | RainWing | Outskirts, City | Tags: Leviathan | Invis: On -> Off

Snake watched the seawing with curiosity when she got closer, then froze when he seemed to be aware of her presence, but didn't move. She slowly inched closer, talking quietly. "What are you doing? Seems interesting" As she spoke, she slowly let her scales shift from invisible to her dull red hues. Her eyes were locked onto the project that the seawing had in front of him while keeping her distance, but still close enough for Leviathan to see her.

Serpent | She/her | Chosen | 12 | Rainwing | Backstreets, City | Tags: Adder | Invis: Off

Serpent felt more than saw the sandwing that bumped into her as she stumbled back a bit. Quickly coming to her senses, she'd lean away from the sharp tail that had been swung at her and entered a bit of a defensive stance, until adder had thrown himself away from her direction. Relaxing a bit, she simply listened to what adder was even saying, and let out a small chuckle at the attempted humor. "It's alright... I was kind of wandering myself, didn't quite... pay attention to my surroundings, probably a bad idea in this place" She'd try to throw a bit of humor back with her comment before shaking her head. "You're okay, apology accepted"

Faemyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Adder 4

Postby Maniacal_Ferret » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:25 pm

Adder "When in doubt, look intelligent."
Male (he/him) // Sandwing // Chosen // 14 Years old
Location: Looking for the other chosen // Mentions: Serpent, Temper, Rift // Tags: Serpent

indentationAdder nodded at the Rainwing. Well there was only one way to find out if this was the Rainwing he was looking for. Boy he was gonna feel stupid if he was wrong. "I don't want this to sound weird. I'm looking for a Rainwing named Serpent, do you happen to know of them, or where I could find them? I'm supposed to meet them with a couple of other dragons." Adder hoped that this Rainwing would know something. He wasn't sure why he had asked, but he had a feeling about this Rainwing. All he could do was try. He looked around making sure that there were no guards around. His mentor had told him to beware of them, none of them could be trusted, they were all the same. Murderous and caring for nothing but themselves. "Oh, sorry about my tail, I lost balance, I didn't mean to swing it at you. It does have a cover on it, so it won't sting you unless the cover is off. I just don't trust myself." He let out a nervous chuckle.
Maniacal_Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faemyse » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:48 pm

Faemyse wrote:
    Snake | She/her | Citizen | 12 | RainWing | Outskirts, City | Tags: Leviathan | Invis: On -> Off

Snake watched the seawing with curiosity when she got closer, then froze when he seemed to be aware of her presence, but didn't move. She slowly inched closer, talking quietly. "What are you doing? Seems interesting" As she spoke, she slowly let her scales shift from invisible to her dull red hues. Her eyes were locked onto the project that the seawing had in front of him while keeping her distance, but still close enough for Leviathan to see her.

Serpent | She/her | Chosen | 12 | Rainwing | Backstreets, City | Tags: Adder | Invis: Off

Serpent perked up at hearing her name and nodded, lifting a claw up to tap her chest. "I'm serpent" She said, plain and simple, then stared at Adder for a moment before speaking up again. "You're fine, I was alarmed, but not injured, so no harm done... mistakes can happen, though I imagine some are more deadly than others. So, why were you searching for me?" She rested her claw back on the ground and took a few steps towards adder, now that he wasn't flailing around anymore.

Faemyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broner » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:26 pm

Rift | 17 | SeaWing | Alley, City | tags: Temper
In the past, if the brass was moving out in force, Rift discovered a reason to hit the road. He crouched back, watching one dragon with jets--jets!--sail above, doing a loop. Ears flattened back, the SeaWing felt his heart ache for the outside. Cybernetics were everywhere, sure; hell, even his pa had some cheap chrome to replace the chunk of tail he'd lost when Rift was too young to remember. This, though... it was a whole new arena that the adaptable merc in him didn't know how to navigate.
"So we need to find not only a single SandWing in this entire steamy, dim maze of a chrome city," he grunted, frustrated, "but this Taleweaver-whatever, too. And so far we got no leads... Guarantee I ain't getting paid enough for this. I'm used to a lot more instruction. Point me the way and I'll kill it, sort of thing."

Sleet | 14 | Ice/Sea/Sky | Backstreets, City | tags: (Leo, Dart, Reaper, Okapi)
Sleet's ears flicked, but he ignored Dart. He didn't have the luxury of taking risks by staying in a group. He... well, liked was a word he strictly reserved for insulting people, so he settled for another. The hybrid tolerated and maybe held a hint of fondness for Leo's kid sister, but she could be naive, and Sleet played by nobody's rules. He skirted a corner and immediately his shoulder plate clattered to the ground, releasing a halfhearted puff of steam.
Swearing, Sleet gathered it up in his arm that wasn't jerking uncontrollably this way and that, considering his options as he pressed against the wall. He hissed a breath and was about to break his arm to make it stop when he remembered that he'd stolen from that clinic last time and he'd neglected to find another--no go. Worse, he heard wingbeats and the unmistakable whir of jet engines in the sky; Sleet spotted a SandWing and a massive, chrome-decked black soldier in the sky. He didn't have enough curses for this.
broner

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me