The Last Whisper ~ WC RP ~ Accepting!

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

Postby Rae'tia » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:36 pm

Mintpoolthe elderly medicine cat
―――――――――――――――――
◄95m|non-binary (xe/xem | Medicine cat den|tagged; Mousepaw, open ►
    indentationXe stilled as the soft sound of movement caught xyr attention, xyr ears flickered back, listening. Call xem a bit paranoid, but after the sickness, and the fact that Starclan was a no-show, left xem a bit unmoored. Mousepaw's voice reverberated in xyr skull as she spoke. A soft rumbling purr left xem, as xe turned xyr eyes towards xyr's apprentice. "We are going to grab an available warrior, or apprentice, and go searching for herbs, this morning." Xe rasped, golden eyes shining. "We're low on mint, lavender, juniper berries, and Chamomile. So it's a good opportunity to test your knowledge." The feline revealed, xe had stayed up a little later than usual to take stock of things. Xe wasn't all that surprised about the herbs they were low on, with all the deaths and burials in recent moons, xe would be surprised if they weren't low. As for the Chamomile, well xe tended to use that a lot to help with xyr's migraines.

PinepawThe Surviving Daughter
―――――――――――――――――
◄9m|female (she/her)|Apprentice den|tagged; Hornpaw & Berrypaw ►
    indentationShe watched as Hornpaw awake, watching silently as she could - considering her still rapid heartbeat and breathing patterns. Pinepaw choked back a snort as she watched the tom rather purposely kick one of their den-mates, Berrypaw. Before long Hornpaw turned his attention elsewhere, and she suddenly wished that the ground would open up and swallow her. Or possibly crumble down atop her. Either way, his voiced concern made her ears flush with heat. Unable to speak for a moment, her throat clogged with something she couldn't name, the molly nodded. Harshly clearing her throat a few times before she could voice her thoughts. "Yeah, I'd prefer to never have that one ever again. I'd take anything over that." She rasped, a shiver running down her spine before turning her gaze to Berrypaw for a heartbeat. Raising a whiskered brow, the feline sat down, returning her yellow-green gaze to Hornpaw. In an attempt to get her mind off of the nightmare, she changed the conversation. "Any idea what Sablethroat has planned for you today? Hopes? She queried, tail curling around her paws neatly as she mentally righted herself.

DuskflameThe Former Rogue
―――――――――――――――――
◄29m|Demigender (she/they)|Camp->outside camp entrance|tagged; ►
    indentationPausing as they remembered just who was on guard duty to the biggest and main entrance to the camp, the silver feline got to their paws. He's probably hungry and tired, but he's also got an apprentice to train. Might as well do him a favor of letting him eat, while he can. They mused as they padded down the tunnel that led to the main entrance to the clan's territory. Ducking their head for the last bit, the tabby smiled as they spotted the larger feline. "Good morning, Asterfall!" They called cheerfully, "I'm here to relieve you of your post." They choked back a giggle as the tom jolted and swung around to face them. Duskflame gave him a toothy grin as he left, purring softly. They weren't close to many in the clan, her former rogue status made some leery, but after some time, Asterfall had become a pseudo-parent to them. Though they still fought like cats and dogs from time to time, that was just the fun part of their relationship with them. Duskflame shook their head in order to clear it, before sitting down a few steps to the side of the tunnel. Guard duty, ahh the easy life.

AsterfallThe half-clan warrior
―――――――――――――――――
◄45m|male (he/him)|outside camp entrance -> Camp|tagged; Duskflame(briefly), open ►
    indentationAs he waited, the lumbering tom let himself go over his plans for the day. "This would all be easier if we had a deputy, Starclan curse Ratstar for his impudence, and Mintpool for allowing this insanity." He muttered softly under his breath. Asterfall didn't know what was going on, but it was beginning to really get on his last nerve. Sooner or later, Ratstar would have to appoint a new deputy, or someone else would. or worse, the clan could fall apart. The tom thought with a huff, glaring out over the distance. He nearly jumped out of his fur as Duskflame's voice rang in his ears. "Foxhearted snake hunter!" He cursed, as he leaped to his feet, giving the younger she-cat a glare and a half-hearted growl. He blinked at her offer and huffed, but took it. "Just don't sneak up on me like that again, and we'll be even." He ordered as he started in towards camp. The tunnel was small and dark the first few fox lengths, which forced him to hunch over as he walked. Thankfully after those first few, the tunnel opened up a bit more so he could walk normally. The light from the camp itself, made from paw-sized shinning stones reminiscent of the moonstone and odd glowing worms, lit up the entrance to the camp.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Last Whisper ~ WC RP ~ Accepting!

Postby Queen of flames » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:22 am

Ratstar | male | leader | crush: Mintpool | Apprentice: Pinepaw | tags: Asterfall

He sat at the entrance of his nest, his eyes looking around the awakening camp. He didn't have a deputy to organize the patrols, so he needed to do those himself. He was planning to take the lead or at least join one of the dawn patrols, which meant that one of the warriors could need to stay on watch, just in case. He didn't want to make any of the mentors stay on watch, so there was only, Teaseltail, Duskflame, and Flaredust without an apprentice at the moment. Then again could there really need to have someone to watch as the camp was in a very hidden place?
He shook his head with sight as he looked at the catch, his eyes looked at Asterfall there for a moment "Morning Asterfall, were you up at the evening swift yesterday?" he asked him, sometimes he kind of had a hard time remembering things maybe because of his secret condition "Can you take the hunting patrol out? If you feel too tired that okay I will just ask someone else then" he meowed to the white tom.

Goldenpoppy | female | crush: Shey, Asterfall | apprentice: Blazepaw | tags: Moonstep

She got out of the place where warriors slept, shaking her ginger fur as she took yawn, before looking around the camp. Her eyes noticed Ratstar there talking with Asterfall, the medicine cat and their apprentice was there as well, working. So far she didn't see Blazepaw, but she didn't really see other apprentices either. She walked over to the Moosntep "Morning Moonstep? Slept well?" she meowed to her fellow clan mate.

Flaredust | female | crush: Sablethroat | no apprentice | tags: open

She is currently still sleeping...

Berrypaw | male | crush: questioining | mentor: Moonstep | tags: Hornpaw, Pinepaw

He was in deep sleep, having a very nice dream he didn't want to wake up there, but someone make it clear that he could not sleep anymore "...ouch, stop that you mouse brain, that hurt" he hissed to the pale brown apprentice, who was making his way to Pinepaw there.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken* » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:55 am

. ── B O A R
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 53 moons ) ( tom ) ( rogue ) ( location: edge of fernclan territory ) ( tags: open )
    . ── shorthair black & white w/ deep green eyes.

the bulky tom-cat had found a hollowed out hole within the trunk of a large tree several moons ago, something that was just right on the edge of the nearby fernclan's territory. it allowed him to remain close to the clan cats without technically encroaching on their land in a way that could be seen as threatening. he knew that eventually he wanted to join the clan, but he had yet to officially start making his plans into an action yet. he knew that clan patrols would smell his scent and figured they may eventually seek him out, although he was also keeping an eye out for any single cats within the clan that went on walks of their own, as he could seek them out to 'befriend' some of them, thus making his transition to the clan easier, in the long run. as he blinked the morning sun out of his eyes, he quickly hauled his body up out of the hole in the tree trunk, leaping, much more gracefully than a cat his size would typically be assumed to do, from branch to branch until he made it to the ground beneath him. shaking out his fur briefly, he allowed his green eyes to scan the area around himself before he trotted off in a random direction; he'd try to find something to eat, and see if he could run into any other cats in the meantime.

. ── M O O N S T E P
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    ( 39 moons ) ( molly ) ( warrior ) ( location: camp ) ( tags: goldenpoppy )
    . ── shorthair snowshoe colorpoint siamese w/ ice blue eyes.

the lean-bodied siamese molly perked her ears forward at the sound of an approaching cat, her blue eyes flashing up to identify another warrior, an orange tabby molly who was roughly around her age. she didn't know the molly too well, but she always appreciates the general friendly nature that the other cat gave off, with this approach being an example. she dipped her head in greeting as the orange molly grew closer, gesturing with a paw to show she was welcome to take a seat at her side as they awaited orders for the day. "good morning goldenpoppy." she responded with a kind smile, although her eyes darkened every so slightly at the follow up question. "i slept about as well as i normally do." she knew her answer was relatively vague, but very few cats were privy to the knowledge of her sleep struggles, and she preferred to keep it that way for now; she knew everyone was grieving in their own ways, and she didn't want to add stress additionally on anyone elses shoulders. "any plans for today? you going to do anything special with your apprentice during training?"

. ── M O U S E P A W
    ( 8 moons ) ( molly ) ( med. cat apprentice ) ( location: medicine den ) ( tags: mintpool )
    . ── shorthair lynx point siamese w/ ice blue eyes.

as she stood peacefully at xyr side, the small molly was reminded of how grateful she was that her mentor was who xyr was. she knew that there were cats within the clan who viewed her mentor as a bit off-putting due to xyr's personality or more strange habits. mousepaw could see some ways where other cats would be off-put by mintpool, but she found that xyr strange mechanisms were things that she actually found comforting, as they reminded her that it was okay to be a little different. she made sure not to be too loud with her words, not that that was really ever an issue for her, as she had a good understanding of her mentor's medical struggles - xyr sensitive hearing and migraine headaches. she thought back to yesterday when xyr was having some of those concerns and sought out a task of solace for them both to due - which is something that she really appreciates herself. mousepaw finds herself also enjoying those moments of companionable silence, as they allow her to focus on her own thoughts - typically regarding deep breathing and other mental grounding exercises to help ease her various anxieties. pulling her mind back to the present with a quick shake of the head, she felt a warmth bloom in her chest at xyr purr, nodding along to his words."should we wait for patrols to be announced, or did-did you want me to go gr-grab a specific cat?"

. ── H O R N P A W
    ( 8 moons ) ( tom ) ( apprentice ) ( location: apprentice den ) ( tags: berrypaw, pinepaw )
    . ── shorthair chocolate sepia-point siamese w/ soft green eyes.

while the pair of apprentices weren't necessarily friends, due to the many differences in their personalities, hornpaw had no issue with pinepaw; in fact it was quite the opposite. he remembers when his littermate mousepaw had chosen to study medicine instead of become a warrior; he felt a bit betrayed at first - which he got over quickly - but he misses having his sister sharing space within the den with him. however, pinepaw was one of his sister's best friends, due to the fact that unlike him they had a lot of things in common, and so despite them not really being friends, he finds himself often sort of trying to look out for her as if she were his sister as well. he only really knew of the molly's nightmares because he had remembered something mousepaw had said about some herbs that she gave her friend recently and sort of just connected the dots in his own mind. stepping closer, he quickly let out a low purr as he rubbed his head against the molly's in a comforting manner, like he often did with mousepaw, but he didn't attempt to bring up her dream again, seeing how shaken she was by it. in a flash though, his kind gaze turned harsh as he let out a low hiss at berrypaw due to the other tom's response. "it was supposed to hurt, obviously. its time to wake your lazy self up. how do you ever expect to pass me in training if you sleep all the time." he gave a toothy grin that bordered on more of a devious smirk, before returning his softening gaze to pinepaw. "i hope we don't get stuck on medicine cat patrol again. i love spending time with my sister, but my gosh is it boring to protect the medicine cats as they gather herbs." he couldn't keep the exacerbation out of his voice at the thought. "want to go grab something to eat before everything good is gone?"
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:07 am

―――――――――――――――――
◄95m|non-binary (xe/xem | Medicine cat den->Camp|tagged; Mousepaw, open ►
    indentationLetting out a hum, the feline debated xyr choices, "It would be kinder to wait until patrols are assigned, though if I had to choose..." Xe paused, tilting xyr head slightly to the right for a few heartbeats. "I'd prefer Teaseltail or Flaredust. But I'll take anyone." Though Mintpool would admit, xe would probably have to take a break from others afterward. Xe hated to leave xyr apprentice alone to care for the herbs after a herb gathering patrol, but with the stress of the sickness, and lack of answer from Starclan, xyr's migraines were becoming more and more common. Which was disappointing, xe had seen Mousepaw's potential as a medicine cat from an early age, so xe had been excited to teach her. Then things went downhill. Xe grimaced, kneading the soil for a few moments, before gracefully getting up. Beckoning the young feline to follow, xe stepped out of the area that served as the medicine cat den, and into the camp as a whole. Letting xyr gaze flow over camp, xe was unsuprised on the amount of cats up. Seeing that Asterfall and Ratstar were talking xe paused, a slight frowning marring their features.

―――――――――――――――――
◄9m|female (she/her)|Apprentice den|tagged; Hornpaw & Berrypaw ►
    indentationHer whiskers twitched with amusement as Berrypaw hissed at Hornpaw, the remnants of fear began to fade, as she choked back laughter. Hornpaw and Berrypaw's relationship would always be interesting to her, the two fought like siblings, which wasn't all that surprising. "You do realize that Berrypaw started training before you, right Hornpaw?" She murmured softly, a teasing lit to her voice as she spoke. The molly giggled as he called "medicine cat patrol" boring, which wasn't wrong, it was boring in her mind. But she also got to spend time with her two favorite cats, Mousepaw and her Sire; Mintpool. She didn't often get to spend much time with xem, because of her training, and xyr job of keeping the clan hale and whole. So those patrols kept them connected, and close. Even if they didn't talk a lot during those times. She shook her head, "A meal would be great. Hopefully, there is still something tasty left." Pinepaw replied, mirth dancing in her eyes.

―――――――――――――――――
◄29m|Demigender (she/they)|outside camp entrance|tagged; open ►
    indentation Duskflame's former mentor had retired meer days after they'd become a warrior. He'd muttered about them taking the last few good hairs out of him. They still joined them, from time to time, just grooming and taking care of the old tom. The walks that they occasionally indulged in were a laugh and a half, the two managing to have an adventure - translation find or make trouble - every time they went out. So they hadn't been able to leave all that often. But thinking about their fun times, even as an apprentice made their spirits lift even in the darkest of days. They thankfully didn't need that now, but it brought a warmness to her belly that she adored. The tabby hoped it would stay. Glancing down at her one white paw the feline sighed, her memories of her papa were fuzzy these days, she looked a lot like him. Same silver tabby pelt, and blue eyes, the shade of blue was different but still blue. But there wasn't a speck of white on her papa according to her memory, so she assumed it came from her father. So she was often left wondering what he looked like.

―――――――――――――――――
◄45m|male (he/him)|Camp|tagged; Duskflame(briefly), open ►
    indentationThe sight that greeted him was always a welcome one, Fernclan's camp always warmed his heart. He hummed as Ratstar spoke, trodding over to the prey pile, frowning at the small selection. "Hm yes, I was. All was quiet, Duskflame took my place." He reported softly, eyes not straying from the prey pile. He shook his head, "I'm good to go, nothing a little walk and meal can't cure." Asterfall replied, "I'll see who I can roust up, for a hunting patrol, and get going." He added after a heartbeat, glancing around camp. There weren't many cats awake just yet, or at least it seemed like it wasn't, because they were so few now. He wasn't used to the clan so small. Many had died in the sickness, including his mother, littermate, and half-sister. He grimaced at the thought of the younger she-cat, Daisysong, and Fennelclaw were about 30 moons old if he remembered correctly, he'd never bothered to get to know them, and now he'd never get to know either of them. Daisysong was among those taken by the sickness, and Fennelclaw, well Fennelclaw disappeared the day after she died. Shaking those thoughts away, he'd never hated them per se, but he'd felt that their entire existence was a betrayal to his father. But he couldn't help by pray for their happiness, and Fennelclaws health whenever he could.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griffbuck » Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:26 pm

rustpaw | 9m | he/him | apprentice den
Rustpaw was tucked up and asleep, his mind far away into the realm of sleep, dreaming about hunting a bird in a clearing, he was approaching slowly towards it, his steps hidden and soft, he gently shook his haunches before he leaped and as soon as he made impact onto the bird, both his paws hitting it squarely, he was then stirred awake by the sounds of others talking and moving about in the den, bringing himself back into the real world. He blinked open his eyes slowly, feeling groggy, uncurling from his curled up position in the nest his eyes slowly adjusting from the darkness of sleep, he narrowed his eyes and glared towards those who has woken him up, he stretched out his front paw, still feeling the phantom pain of his missing leg spasm up where it used to be and he instantly started to glare and grimace, his mood instantly turning sour against the pain, he uncurled himself fully, and sat in his nest, keeping himself steady as he started to wash and sort out his fur where it had flattened in sleep, vaguely listening in on their conversation as he did so, hoping that no cat would interrupt him and try to talk to him as he cleaned himself, but knowing his luck that there would most likely be someone who wanted to talk to him.

Shay | 39m | he/him | fernclan territory
Shay awoke from his makeshift nest, he still hadn't found a perfect place to call his home, but for the time being what he had would do enough, a small space under a thick bush to shield him from the elements, but also not too tight and small that he could escape and fight back against anything that decided he would be an easy target. He stretched out his tired limbs, a past day full of searching and travelling for a new place to call his home taken it's toll out on his body, stretching them out individually until he felt as though they were steady enough to stand on. Shaking the scraps of moss and various other debris on his fur he gazed around the forest deciding what he was going to do today, his stomach answered his thoughts by grumbling low, licking his chops, he got out from his makeshift nest.

His eyes scanned the area infront of him, the dew settling on the ground wetting his paws his maw parting to breathe in the scents of the forest more deeply his eyes closing to focus further in on the scents and sounds of the forest

Sadie | 26m | she/they | her house
Sadie's eyes were focused, her steps light and precise, keeping herself down low, being sure to not make a noise as she kept approaching closer, they flicked an ear, keeping everything focused on what she was tracking down. Seeing the brown fur peeking through the gaps in the leaves, they were careful to make sure she was being as quiet as she possibly could. Once she had the mouse in her sight and felt as though she could pounce upon the poor unsuspecting prey, she licked her maw, quietly wiggled her haunches, their eyes never leaving the mouse and in an instant alike to a strike of lightning, she leaped forwards, her paws crashing down onto to mouse, feeling the crack of a spine under paw, but as soon as they hit the mouse they felt as though they fell through the sky, and awoke to seeing the whites and browns of her house compared to the greens of her dream, they gazed around the room, not knowing where she was for a second and being disappointed that she wasn't in the forest of her dream.

ooc hi!! Please ignore the very basic set out for this rp post I'm only on my phone and I don't have a way to build up a proper look for the character informations!! But as soon as I am off of holiday (13th!!) I should be fixing them, I also apologise for any late posts I will try to get back as soon as I can
Griffbuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i.

Postby deftonesly » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:58 am

H A Z E L S H A D E
        ( 24 moons ) ( fernclan warrior ) ( where: the forest ; camp ) ( tags: open ) ( info )
      silent as a looming shadow, the brown-and-white tabby tom stalked a mouse as it rummaged among the roots of a scrubby bush. his pelt blended in perfectly with the dead leaves and muted colors of the leaf-fall forest around him. his sleek body glided over the earth, and his calloused paws made no sound. hazel shade's fern-colored eyes were narrowed in concentration and his muscles quivered with the thrill of the hunt. the mouse was clearly hoping to find a meal, much like the fernclan warrior. before it had the chance to flee, hazelshade sprang forward, quickly pinning his prey and giving it a killing bite to the neck. he stared down at the catch, satisfied; although the seasons were shifting from leaf-fall to leaf-bare, there was still fresh-kill practically begging to be caught and eaten.
      indenthe licked a splash of blood off of his muzzle from the kill, then plucked the mouse up by its tail and padded back to where he'd left his other catch, a small dove, beneath some thorny vegetation. it felt as if he hadn't been out for long, yet he'd left a little bit before dawn to come clear his mind, and now the sun was rising. vibrant colors bled across the horizon, and hazelshade knew that he should start heading back to maybe catch a border patrol. perhaps he and a clanmate could share a bite before he left. grabbing the dove and the mouse in his jaws, the warrior trotted back to the entrance of camp at a swift pace.

F L I C K E R F O O T
        ( 39 moons ) ( fernclan warrior ) ( where: den ; camp ) ( tags: ratstar, asterfall ) ( info )
      the air shifted around flickerfoot as some bodies left the warriors' den, cold rushing in. a small shiver ran down the length of the calico's lean body, making her squeeze herself into a smaller ball with her tail wrapped around her nose. the slits of her green eyes peeked open just enough to glimpse weak morning sunlight filtering between the gnarled bramble branches, prompting her out of her cozy nest.

indent normally flickerfoot was a bit of an early riser, a more motivated type, but the bit of cold did something to sap her strength and drive; give her a bit and she'd be up and at it, but at the moment she felt like she never wanted to leave the confines of the den. the sun threw her into an internal conflict──rise and shine or maintain her comfy position? finally, flickerfoot uncurled herself and stretched her legs out with a yawn to get the morning started. the she-cat made her way out of the now empty den──rolling her shoulders and yawning some more──and into the clearing, which was speckled with a few cats.
      indentshe saw ratstar and aspenfall across the clearing and caught the tail-end of their conversation as she neared. sitting down across from the two toms, she gave her patched chest a lick to settle some stray hairs, and spoke once she was done. "i’ll go with you on the border patrol, sablethroat,” she offered as the other warrior padded up.

F R A N C I S
        ( 32 moons ) ( kittypet ) ( where: twoleg den ; edge of the forest ) ( tags: open ) ( info )
      although francis' world was dark, the sphynx could sense that something was near.
      indent the young tomcat's icy blue orbs opened wide and began their adjustment to the dim light as he scanned the dense undergrowth and towering aspen trees, all covered in mysterious pelts of shadow. the section of the forest he found himself in was unfamiliar to him, but nevertheless, the intoxicating scent of prey and herbs drew him onward, closer to the purple-hewn fields that tumbled in the distance. francis' stomach snarled, reminding him of his hunger. he opened his jaws slightly so that the fragrances enveloping him could reach the scent glands on the roof of his mouth. musty aromas of the shrubbery and the aspens mingled with . . . there! the tempting aroma of something meaty and furry . . . something that bested the brown pellets francis usually filled himself with. the furless male licked his maw, barbed tongue sliding over a whisker-less face and heavily moisturized, coconut-scented skin. he crept forward, clumsy and quite uncoordinated . . . though, of course, the felidae was not aware of his flawed hunting strategy, so focused was he. suddenly, a flash of brown raced past the sphynx before he could react, and francis tumbled backward, stunned and yowling, mind and senses unaccustomed to the forest's constantly shifting state. huffing, the pale tomcat recovered, stooping low to the earth once more and casting enormous eyes about; ah . . . two tail-lengths away was what had taken him by surprise. it was a mouse. francis shivered with kitten-like excitement, swallowing and hushing his rumbling belly. soon, his hunger would be satisfied. slowly, he tensed his ligaments, preparing for an attack; the moment it glanced away from him (seemingly unconcerned by such an odd-looking, completely unbalanced creature), francis pushed back hard on his dainty legs and sprang. he kicked up grass and dirt as he rocketed from the forest floor and went flying through the darkness towards the mouse, howling a battle cry.

indent somehow, his thorn-sharp claws managed to grab ahold of the poor animal's tail, and, similarly to a child, the fully grown tom scooped the mouse into the air and flung it. he purred triumphantly as it made a high arc and then landed on the ground again; the brown prey-creature squealed in fright, an obvious contrast to francis' throaty purrs. still enjoying his little game, the hairless cat barged to it once more and tossed it, this time a little farther away, into the silver lighting that washed across the lavender fields. the mouse, dazed but miraculously clinging to life, scrambled a few paces away . . . only for the fearsome housecat to burst through the line of aspens, catch up to it, and snag its tail. just as he was prepping to end the hunt and fill his belly with rich, hearty blood and pulpy meat . . . a roaring noise permeated the scene and shattered francis' large, bat-like ears. the gray-and-white tomcat surged to his tiny paws and spun around, more irritated above all else, frosty eyes glaring at an unseen enemy. the sound rattled on, to the point that the sphynx had to flatten his ears against the hubbub, and in the chaos the mouse was able to pull away from his claws and rush back to the cover of the forest. as soon as it disappeared, francis' dream faded away . . . and the incessant rattling became more and more familiar.
      indent blast! only a dream.
      the skinny, wrinkly cat thought as his eyes popped open and he rode the last wave of slumber back to the shore of reality. that could've been the most perfect hunt! i was so close . . . he thought, somewhat forlorn as the idea registered that he was back in his owners’ expansive household . . . and no longer out there. the sharp pinging noise sounded again, this time accompanied by a fragrance that was still welcome, but pale in comparison to the mouse's odor: it was breakfast time! the noise was his female owner shaking dried pellets of food into his morning dish and mixing them with gooey wetness that faintly brought back thoughts of the forest. francis' ears pricked with interest and his long, thin tail began to wave in anticipation, his dream relatively forgotten, pushed aside by his hunger . . . which was most certainly real. still, the pedigree sphynx wanted to savor his dream for a little while longer . . . and so he lifted his head and propped his chin up on the side of his bed. the handsome tomcat couldn't help but notice the uncomfortable rubbing of his collar on the wrinkled flesh of his neck. in his dream, cold night air had rushed across his skin and soothed the area where the collar usually pinched tight. francis shifted, rolling onto his back and unsheathing his claws as if he were reaching for the mouse once more. oh, he could still smell the creature . . . the sharp tang of the white-barked aspen trees . . . the fresh lavender wafting from the rolling fields . . . and more than anything in that moment, all he wanted was to go explore. perhaps find the area that haunted his recent dreams and waking thoughts. maybe later, the white-splotched cat thought as the allure of his breakfast became too strong and he rose from his bed.

indent hips rocking rhythmically, francis leapt off the fluff-embroidered bed on the couch after stretching languidly in the weak morning sunlight. one nimble leg popped, then another, and then a skinny rump was lifted in the air as the sphynx bowed low and shifted his muscles. autumn light dusted every feature in the home, placing countless brands of cold warmth on the hard floors and plush white rugs. though it was tempting to stretch out in one and warm his delicate skin, bask for a while, francis was driven to the kitchen. temptations, temptations . . . but none could overpower that of food. the housecat's paws slid over sun-spotted wood floor which soon morphed into cold, slick tile; he kept his footing, pausing to twirl around the legs of his female and earning a purr and a loving scratch across his heavily creased forehead from her. francis continued on to his polished dish, and swallowed his food ravenously, gulping down meaty chunks and crunching on brown, bland pebbles. all the while, the sphynx tried to ignore the craving in his belly . . . the craving for more than this . . . the craving to catch his own meals . . . but even so, he quaffed down his breakfast with no reluctance and mewed to let his female know he was finished and ready to be groomed. she swept him up into her arms and stroked his sleek, patched body, tender fingers running across his skin and rubbing beneath his collar just the way he liked it. then he was hoisted onto a mat on the kitchen table, just as he was every day, and she proceeded to slather him in herbal potions and creams. after merely a few seconds of gentle kneading on his dry sore spots, francis' legs gave way and he flopped to the mat, purring uncontrollably. before long, his luxurious hour of pampering was up, and the shiny, oiled tomcat leapt off the mat with a grateful purr, then trotting to the back door, where his owners had long since learned he liked to spend most of his days. he pushed through the cat flap, a part of him hoping that the smell of the garden would bring back feelings awakened during his dream.

indentfrancis had no interest in lazing about today──he had more important things to do. besides, it was too cold. breaking into a run, he scampered down the porch steps──thunk, thunk, thunk!──and sailed into thick grass──shush, shush, shush! still running strong, his stick-like legs ate up the ground with surprising speed, and he dodged around immense potted plants and the large hole of electric blue water in the center of the yard. francis pattered around the garden that bordered the stony wall that kept him in . . . and unwanted visitors out. through it wound a gravelly path; its pebbles, cold and ruthless, stabbed into francis’ kitten-soft pads as he walked, hopping onto patches of grass sprouting in the path or leaping into the dense garden itself to mark his territory or make dirt. after finishing the latter beneath an immense, red-flowered shrub, the sphynx eyed the mass of stone looming behind it, icy blue eyes judging distance; in an acrobatic, lunging leap, the lithe housecat cleared the shrub and a few other plants, claws stabbing into stone once his flight was complete. huffing and puffing, the sphynx hauled himself──legs waving, paws scrabbling at cracks in the wall──onto the raised pedestal of rock that conjoined the wall that faced the forest, and the wall that bordered the house. it was a favorite spot of his, for he could see for many tail-lengths in all directions──the dark forest ahead, the mighty mountains in the distance──and there were many days where he sat on the pedestal for hours, gazing into nothingness and sunbathing until his owners called him inside. this was to be one of those days, in thanks to his dream, and francis settled into a crouch, sweeping his bony tail around to curl up on his side; he yawned lazily and licked his lips of the bland taste of his food, fixating his eyes on the world ahead of him. trees soared to graze the bellies of fat white clouds; undergrowth buzzed with chatter and life; birds sang and animals called . . . it was the forest’s wonderful symphony, and francis’ breath was stolen from his lungs because of it.
Last edited by deftonesly on Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
deftonesly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anathema » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:05 am

sablethroat !

tags: ratstar, asterfall, flickerfoot

sablethroat had overslept a little bit, but thankfully not too much. a few slumbering warriors still remained pressed up against him, but there certainly a noticeable dent in the amount of cats left in the den. he could see flaredust peacefully snoozing a few mouse-lengths away as well, and a warm feeling came over him. quickly pushing it away -- he couldn't let himself get distracted -- he got to his paws and sheepishly licked his chest fur.

shaking out his pelt and trotting outside, the warrior out a sigh as the familiar glimmer of glowworms bathed his pelt blue. he didn't see hornpaw anywhere in the clearing, but decided to let the tom rest up a little extra. he'd earned it. sablethroat had recently amped up the tom's training a bit, so he wouldn't be surprised if he was exhausted.

his gray gaze then locked in on the figures of ratstar, asterfall, and flickerfoot and he ambled over in that direction, dipping his head to the three in an unspoken 'good morning'. he'd just barely caught the tail end of ratstar asking asterfall to take out the hunting patrol, so he figured he'd vouch to lead the border patrol. "hello ratstar; asterfall; flickerfoot," he said, waving his tail. "i can take out the border patrol if no one else has claimed it yet?"

teaseltail !
    tags: open

teaseltail only woke up because the absence of other sleeping warriors had caused her to start getting cold. she was usually able to sleep more because she didn't have an apprentice, which was something she took great advantage of. that said, this often led her to be paired up with other sorts of odd jobs in the morning. guarding camp, helping out the medicine cats... very relaxing tasks, sure, but sometimes she wished she had another reason to get up early.

following sablethroat out of the den a few heartbeats after he'd left it himself, she scanned the clearing in search of something to do or someone to talk to. teaseltail thought of herself as a friendly cat, but she often found herself so alone she felt invisible. life had become significantly more dull and unexciting after frogleap disappeared -- without even giving her some kits at that. she gazed longingly at the empty nursery, wondering what life would be like if he were still here. their kits would be apprentices by now. what would their names have been? their personalities?

it doesn't matter, she thought to herself, gaze fixated on the ground beneath her. frogleap probably isn't even alive anymore. teaseltail's eyes welled up with tears at that, but she wouldn't let anyone else see. she hastily forced herself to recover, nabbing a mouse from the fresh-kill pile and digging in to distract herself from her thoughts.

blazepaw !
    tags: goldenpoppy

the flame-red she-cat stirred at the sound of her fellow apprentices chatting with each other from their nests. with a disgruntled groan, she blinked her eyes open and slowly got to her paws, glancing over the group and pondering over whether she had something to add. with a flick of her tail she decided not, instead making her way out of the den without a word. she'd catch up with them later. for now, her mind was solely on meeting up with her mentor.

sometimes blazepaw found it hard to wake up without any sunlight, but today she was grateful for it. she reckoned she hadn't slept very well because she had a bit of a headache brewing. but she wouldn't let it stop her. there was much to do, and every cat, even herself and the other apprentices, felt the weight of not having a deputy on their shoulders. every last member of the clan had to pitch in extra to fill such a massive void. blazepaw was deeply confused as to why ratstar couldn't just pick somebody already; it was starting to get ridiculous!

the she-cat spotted her mentor a few fox-lengths away and headed over, still a bit groggy. she dipped her head in greeting to both her and moonstep, who was standing nearby her. even though blazepaw was an imprudent gossip, she still found it in her to respect seniority every now and again. "good morning, goldenpoppy," she mewed, flashing a smile. "what's on the agenda for today? patrols; training; guarding camp; helping out the medicine cats?"
anathema

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen of flames » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:48 am

Ratstar | male | leader | crush: Mintpool | Apprentice: Pinepaw | tags: Asterfall, Sablethroat, Flickerfoot

He nodded to the white warrior "That's good the evening was peaceful, we don't need more to happen than we already have..." he said to him with a flick of his tail "Thank you Asterfall" he meowed to him. He gave a look at a few other cats approving them too, Flickerfoot sitting near them quietly, and Sablethroat asking to take the border patrol out "Morning Sablethroat, no nobody is asked about the border patrol yet...if you can take the patrol out I am very grateful, thank you" he meowed to the reddish tom with a smile. He thought for a while "Actually I could accompany you with Pinepaw, she could like to get out of the camp" he kept meowing to Sablethroat 'It could take good for me too...' he thought to himself.

Goldenpoppy | female | crush: Shey, Asterfall | apprentice: Blazepaw | tags: Moonstep, Blazepaw

She smiled at the Moonstep licking her chest and paws a little bit as she listened to the other warrior "That's good to hear, I did sleep very well as well, the caves are a little cool at night which I like...it makes sleeping easier" she meowed to her. She thought about the warrior's questions but didn't have time to answer her before her apprentice Blazepaw come to ask the same questions "Morning Blazepaw" she purred to her gently "At first we could see if we're needed for any patrols, then..." she meowed looking up to the Moonstep again "what do you think about battle training between our apprentices Moonstep?" she asked the warrior. her eyes looking at Blazepaw too to hear if she had anythign to say about that.

Flaredust | female | crush: Sablethroat | no apprentice | tags: open

Flicking her ears she slowly woke up to the conversations going on there, not really understanding what was they speaking there, only some words here and there. She didn't really focus to hear them either, it was not her thing to do. Yawning she wide her eyes open and looked around the sleeping places it seemed very silent as most of the warriors seemed to be up already. She got up and leave the place to wander to the camp to see the gathering cats around the leader, which made her wonder if the patrols were just forming up and if she was not late on anything yet.

Berrypaw | male | crush: questioining | mentor: Moonstep | tags: Hornpaw, Pinepaw

He narrowed his eyes at Hornpaw "Pass you in training huh? Sorry to break your fantasies mouse brain, but I will pass you anyway even when I am sleeping" he meowed to him flicking his tail rather annoyed. He sighed "And my mentor is not yet come to get me anyway, I am not late...but I think your mentor has forgotten you or just thinks you are worthless if he always makes you protect the medicine cats instead that proper training " he meowed to him with a laugh. He looked at Pinepaw for a moment, before turning to look for his sister Blazepaw going to the Goldenpoppy, and his mentor Moonstep seemed to be there as well.
Queen of flames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby broken* » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:58 am

. ── B O A R
    ( 53 moons ) ( tom ) ( rogue ) ( location: edge of fernclan territory ) ( tags: shay )
    . ── shorthair black & white w/ deep green eyes.

the tom-cat found himself casually walking amongst the trees, not actively trying to be stealthy and hunt, but also being careful not to step too loudly to scare off anything that came close to him. his stomach wasn't yet aching, so he was in no hurry to catch something just yet, but if he did stumble across some prey he wouldn't be opposed to hunting it. as he wandered, boar allowed his thoughts to do the same, thinking back to the last time he had any sort of interaction with another cat. he had made his way towards the two-leg homes a few weeks back and taken note of several kitty-pets that lived there; he had made a bit of small-talk with some of them, but no real relations had been developed there. he had noticed however that the area he was residing in often had the scent of another cat who was neither kittypet nor clan, which he felt like could be a fair ally to make if they ever crossed paths.

his deep green eyes widened in that moment as his nostrils flared, catching on to that very scent he had just been mulling over, and seeming very fresh as well. he followed it as silently as he could for awhile before his eyes landed on a calico cat with heavy facial scarring. now, how to play this was the question... noting the faint scent of a mouse nearby, he turned his attention towards following that, managing to find and chase the little creature right past the other cat. he allowed himself to appear startled by the calico's presence as his eyes widened and he froze his body a few hares-leaps away, appearing to completely forget about his prey as it scampered off. "oh, well hello there. sorry if i bothered you, sometimes i get so into my hunt that i don't fully pay attention to my surroundings." he gave a bashful sort of look as he took a step back, forcing his tense muscles to relax in hopes that the other cat would also. "i'm boar, by the way."

. ── M O O N S T E P
    ( 39 moons ) ( molly ) ( warrior ) ( location: camp ) ( tags: goldenpoppy, berrypaw, blazepaw )
    . ── shorthair snowshoe colorpoint siamese w/ ice blue eyes.

she couldn't help the pang of annoyance - or was it irritation - that hit her in the chest when the other molly told her about sleeping well. she knew better than to say anything about it or show her feelings on the matter however, because it really wasn't goldenpoppy's fault that she hardly slept nowadays - it wasn't anybody's fault really, and she was hardly the type of cat to place blame on others anyways. she nodded along as the orange molly mentioned the cooler air of the caves, something that she did agree with a bit; the cool was nice for now, although she did worry it may dip too low once the colder moons arrived. but that was a problem for then, not for now, so she mentally shook off the worries; there were plenty of other things to think about in the present. she looked over as goldenpoppy's apprentice bounded up to them and gave the molly a soft smile; blazepaw could be a bit much to some of the other warriors at times, much like her own apprentice berrypaw, but underneath it all she could see that the young molly had a good heart.

"that sounds like a lovely idea goldenpoppy. i'm sure that even if we are needed for patrols, we could always have them do some battle training after we return." she responded with a kind smile, her eyes dancing around the camp to look for her own apprentice. "berrypaw! come over here please dear." she called out, just loud enough for him to hear, as she offered him a kind smile. thankfully she had noticed him just emerging from the apprentices den and was glad to have caught him before he raced off somewhere else.

. ── M O U S E P A W
    ( 8 moons ) ( molly ) ( med. cat apprentice ) ( location: medicine den ) ( tags: mintpool )
    . ── shorthair lynx point siamese w/ ice blue eyes.

the petite molly looked up at her mentor as xe thought through xyr answer to her question, tilting her head slightly to the side as she awaited his reply. she nodded her head in recognition of xyr choices, mentally thinking over why xe may have chosen them. teaseltail was a friendly she-cat who had been in a bit of a poor mood lately - not that anyone had been much better - so perhaps her mentor wanted to distract the molly from her morose thoughts with something to do. flaredust was newer to the clan, having been a loner before her half-sister found her, so mousepaw didn't know her very well yet, but she seemed like a relatively nice enough molly as well.

going over the two options in her head, she realized that her mentor had stood and left their den with a start, so she scrambled to her paws after xyr. she noticed the way that xe frowned while looking to their leader, and gave him the slightest nudge on the shoulder with her head in an attempt at silent comfort. her blue eyes spotted the orange molly they had mentioned over by the fresh kill pile, and looked up at her mentor. "i'll go grab teas-teasel-tail now before she gets c-called for patrol. if you-you could tell rat-ratstar?" she gave her mentor a small smile before slinking over to the fluffy molly, clearing her throat as she approached. "t-t-teaseltail? mintpool was wondering if-if-if you could accompany us on an herb-herb gathering patrol please."

. ── H O R N P A W
    ( 8 moons ) ( tom ) ( apprentice ) ( location: apprentice den ) ( tags: berrypaw, pinepaw )
    . ── shorthair chocolate sepia-point siamese w/ soft green eyes.

the pair of apprentices had hardly slipped out of the den when the siamese tom's ears caught the final statement from berrypaw at their backs, and he couldn't help the anger that overtook him. he could have kept bickering on about their training or their mentors without really feeling anything, but he felt rage at what berrypaw said about the medicine cats. yes he knew he sometimes complained about the patrol being boring, but underneath it all he knew how important it was. besides, his sister was the medicine apprentice, and glancing at pinepaw at his side, he knew her father was the medicine cat and his sister's mentor. he would never actually think to insult either of those cats, partially due to respect for pinepaw but also because he was incredibly protective over his painfully shy sister.

in a flash, he turned on his tail and got right up in berrypaw's face, a deep hiss escaping from his mouth as he pinned his ears flat. most of the time he enjoyed the bickering relationship he had with the other tom, but truly insulting his sister was the one thing that he wouldn't tolerate from anyone. "take it back, you piece of mouse-dung." he stepped closer, pushing the other tom's chest with one of his front paws. "protecting the medicine cats is not worthless. they don't have fighting training like we do, so its important someone goes to guard them while they gather herbs to help everyone in the clan. without them, you're useless self could die of infection from something as stupid as a mouse bite. i may find it boring, but i still see the importance in it."
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:38 am

―――――――――――――――――
◄95m|non-binary (xe/xem | Medicine cat den->Camp|tagged; Mousepaw, Ratstar, Sablethroat, & Flickerfoot►
    indentationXe blinked and nearly smiled as xyr apprentice seemed to take initiative in grabbing their protection for this little patrol. Growing already, little one? Xe thought with a hum of thought, as xe watched her approach the ginger tabby feline. Getting his xyr paws the the small cat trodded over to Ratstar and the small group of cats. Asterfall left just as xe arrived, and xe cleared xyr throat. "Good morning, Ratstar." Xe started, nodding xyr head in Sablethroat's and Flickerfoot's direction before continuing. "Mousepaw and I are taking Teaseltail out to look for a few herbs we're looking for. Mousepaw decided that we should let you know before we go." Xe meowed blandly, blatantly ignoring the other two cats, around golden eyes zeroed in on Ratstar. Partially looking for any signs the tom needed a bit of the herbal concoction that xe had been making on the side to help the ailing leader.

―――――――――――――――――
◄9m|female (she/her)|Apprentice den->Camp|tagged; Hornpaw & Berrypaw, Open ►
    indentationThe rivalry between Hornpaw and Berrypaw had always made her a bit uncomfortable, especially when it took on a cruel edge. Her ears flattened as Berrypaw spoke, and froze eye widening as the tom seemed to insinuate that were useless, or at least that protecting them was worthless. Pinepaw's temper flared, claws unsheathing as the tom lumbered away. Slowly she stood, and with narrowed eyes stepped over. "Speak such ugly words again, Berrypaw and not even Starclan could save you. Do not insult my sire or my best friend, again." She said, tone even but filled with venom. The patchy tabby gave the tom a disgusted look before turning and stomping out of the apprentice's den. Her tail lashed, and her previous good mood evaporated. Maybe Ratstar will take me out for some battle training later? Or at least let me go with another mentor-apprentice pair.

―――――――――――――――――
◄29m|Demigender (she/they)|outside camp entrance|tagged; open ►
    indentationWonder if Ebonydawns awake, the tabby shook her head, as much as she'd love to go visit the cranky tom, she had a job to do. For now at least. She would switch out with someone else at Sun-high, and unless she was assigned to a patrol she'd go join him. Whiskers twitching she shook her head, as her gaze wandered the horizon, enjoying the beauty of the multitude of colors, that was beginning to fade into a deeper blue-gray hue. Spotting clouds on the horizon Duskflame sighed, looks like a nice sunny day is out of the question. she mused. "Not that I'd expect a nice day so deep into leaf-fall." she muttered under her breath, I just hope that it doesn't snow soon.

―――――――――――――――――
◄45m|male (he/him)|Camp|tagged; Ratstar+ others(brefly), Flaredust ►
    indentation He blinked as others began to congregate around, Sablethroat and Flickerfoot volunteering for a border patrol. He nodded and mentally dismissed himself. He glanced around camp and paused seeing Flaredust alone, he gave a low hum in thought before the tom lumbered over. "Good morning, Flaredust." He greeted softly, dipping his head to the younger she-cat."I hope that you're not busy, I was hoping that you'd join me and Rustpaw on a hunting patrol." Asterfall added, ear twitching as he wondered about it. Three seemed like a big enough patrol, and it would be quiet and calm enough to give his apprentice pointers if he needed some.

EbonydawnThe Broken Hearted
―――――――――――――――――
◄115m|Male (he/him)|Elders den->camp|tagged; open ►
    indentation Ebonydawn wasn't sleeping all that well these days, dreaming of all his lost kin, wasn't always the best. Being able to see in his dreams was probably his favorite thing about dreaming though, even if they turned into nightmares. So after having another bad night, the old black cat waited until he heard the telltale sound of multiple pawsteps before getting up and starting his day. Slowly lumbering out of the Elder's den, the blind feline's ears and nose twitched as he tried to sense where his clan mates were. Accidents and collisions rarely happened, but this early in the morning everyone was rushing about. Slowly and carefully the old tom made his way to the prey pile. He sniffed at the pile a small frown on his maw. Slightly opening his jaws Ebonydawn searched out the particular piece of prey he yearned for this morning. As he zeroed in on the scent, the tom acted quickly, snatching up the one frog on the prey pile. Frogs were one of his favored prey, just after fish. There was at least one fish on the pile, but he rarely got to eat frog and so took it. The tom lumbered over to his usual eating space and laid down before slowly beginning to eat.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me