from the ashes || Emberclan v.1 || OPEN & ACCEPTING

Roleplays featuring animals or non-human fantasy creatures which are based on a book/movie/tv show (e.g. Warrior Cats, My Little Pony, Pokemon)

from the ashes || Emberclan v.1 || OPEN & ACCEPTING

Postby duncundog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:33 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
" we x are x the x survivors . . . x we . . . x are x the x ones x who x ran . . . "

forms & discussions thread xxx intro xxx rules xxx clan cats xxx relationships xxx locations & info

season;; leaffall xxx weather;; overcast xxx temperature;; chilly

time of day;; sunhigh xxx moon phase;; half-full (waxing)

a moon passes every twenty pages

m o d s

duncundog
faithdakitty

there is no prophecy for the time being
Last edited by duncundog on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 am, edited 11 times in total.
duncundog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| intro ||

Postby duncundog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:35 am

intro

"we survived... they told us to run, and we did... now we don't know where we are... we don't know if they're still alive...
but what we do know is that it's up to us... and if we have any hope of making it... then we have to rise from the ashes."

The fire raged, burning through the trees with a fierce roar. Embers floated through the air, catching on dried leaves and setting them ablaze. A hot wind blew into the warrior's den where the clan's apprentices sat, huddled. The young cats cowered in fear, shrinking back against each other, seeking protection in their clanmates' warmth. In the distance they could hear the sounds of fighting cats, shrieking, hissing, growling. A tree branch fell somewhere, crashing to the ground with a sound like thunder.
The sound of pawsteps coming rapidly near drew the two oldest apprentices to their paws, running to the front of the cave with every intent to protect the younger cats behind them.
Breezetail appeared in front of them. Blood soaked his fur, and a long scratch over one eye bled freshly. He peered into the cave, breathing heavy and eyes wild. He had come with an urgent message.
"A-are all the apprentices here? Kits too? Good, good." He nodded. He seemed distracted, glancing around as though looking for someone. Then looking back in at the young cats, who stared wide-eyed at the beaten warrior, he said urgently, "You have to leave. Whitestar has ordered all apprentices to take the kits and leave."
There were yowls of protest. One apprentice cried out that they should be helping to fight. But Breezetail just shook his head impatiently.
"Orders are orders!" He glared around at them all. "The forest is on fire and we are losing this war. Much longer,
and the rogues will make it here to camp. Whitestar sent me to tell you all that you have to leave, and now,
before it's too late."
At the urging of Breezetail, the young cats all left the den, kits hovering around the apprentices' paws, confused as to what was happening.
The sound of the fighting drew closer, and Breezetail glanced nervously towards it, tail flicking. Giving the young cats one last glance over, he said, "Good luck. Now, go!" And with that he left, running off back to the battle: the one they would inevitably lose.
Picking up the kits in their mouths, the apprentices left, running as fast they could without stopping. Behind them they could hear the fading cries of dying cats and the sounds of crackling flames. They ran, and ran, and ran until once again, all was silent. And only then did they stop and turn to look back.
Below, they saw their beloved home aflame. The forest was black as night, and smoke rose so high in the air, they could still smell it from there. And although they could no longer hear them, they knew that far below, their clanmates were fighting for their lives.
"Let's go," called one apprentice, and giving their home one final glance, they ran off into the unknown.

Welcome to Emberclan, a clan formed by the surviving apprentices of a clan destroyed by war and fire. These cats were forced to leave behind their home and clan, not knowing whether their mentors and parents survived, in order to protect themselves and the kits. Now they are on their own with no warriors to teach them or lead their way, and it's up to this rag-tag group of apprentices to figure things out for themselves and learn what they need to know in order to survive.

Last edited by duncundog on Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
duncundog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| rules ||

Postby duncundog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 am

rules

• please post forms in the forms and discussion thread
• apprentices and kits only for now
• ((...)), [...], or {...} in OOC
• respect all members
• PM me with any problems
• no powerplaying/godmodding
• limit of three characters per person (for now)
• do not use the same prefix as someone else please
• 3+ sentence min. (writer's block understood)
• use proper grammar and spelling
• don't kill other people's characters without their permission
• don't create a new clan without my permission
• don't make any HUGE plot points without asking me first
• drama is welcome and encouraged
• your characters cannot have crushes on each other/be mates (unless it is for specific plot purposes)
• lgbtq+ is accepted
• fade to black when mating/kitting

Last edited by duncundog on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
duncundog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| clan cats ||

clan cats

males;; 11
females;; 8

leader;; 1/1
briarpaw

deputy;; 1/1
stormpaw

medicine cats;; 2/2
honeypaw
pebblepaw

hunters;;
frostpaw
thunderpaw
sunpaw
lilypaw
oakpaw
nutpaw

border patrol;;
deerpaw
foxpaw
hallowpaw
bumblepaw
adderpaw
silkpaw
inkpaw

nurturers;; 1/2
kestrelpaw

kits;; 1/4
dewkit

please note that as these cats grow older some roles may change/be added. for example, queens will
replace nurturers (cats who care for the kits), and apprentices will be added back as roles.

Last edited by duncundog on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:16 am, edited 31 times in total.
duncundog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| relationships ||

relationships

c r u s h e s

none

m a t e s

none

f a m i l y

Briarpaw and Honeypaw are brothers
Sunpaw and Thunderpaw are brother and sister
Pebblepaw and Lilypaw are brother and sister
Bumblepaw and Oakpaw are brother and sister

b e s t f r i e n d s

Inkpaw and Silkpaw

e n e m i e s

none

Last edited by duncundog on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
duncundog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| locations & info ||

Postby duncundog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:37 am

locations & info

l o c a t i o n s

striked out = undiscovered
have ideas for more locations? let me know!

territory;; a beautiful, rocky mountain spotted by clusters of trees.

camp entrance;; the entrance to the caves and tunnels that make up the Emberclan camp.

camp;; the largest cave it is right at the end of a short tunnel leading to the main entrance, allowing bright light in. The floor here is sandy in most spots. However, a rocky alcove near the front (in picture) is less sandy, making it a good spot for freshkill. A tall rock towards the back of the camp (not depicted) acts as the highrock.

the tunnels;; a set of maze-like tunnels throughout the inside of the mountain. Actually an old two-leg mine.

dens;; small caves off that branch off of the main camp. They have hard rocky sides, but soft, sandy bottoms. From the closest to the camp entrance to the farthest: border patrol, hunters, apprentices (currently empty), medicine cats, leader, and the nursery (nurturers, queens, and kits).

moon cave;; a cave, difficult to find through the many winding tunnels, that opens up on the complete opposite side of the mountain into a beautiful pool. It's an exhausting journey to get there, as well as terribly confusing to find.

collapsed tunnel;; a collapsed tunnel a bit further in the mountain than the main camp. No cat is allowed in the tunnel for fear it might fall in on them.

the river;; a shallow, but fast running river that runs down the entirety of the mountain.

twoleg bridge;; the fastest way between between the two mountains. The clan cross this upon first arriving in the mountains. An abandoned twoleg bridge from long ago, although sturdy, it is extremely dangerous to cross. The bridge wobbles constantly, and a cat crossing it has to move slowly and carefully. On a windy day it is impossible to cross.

old twoleg tunnel;; an abandoned twoleg tunnel hidden somewhere in the mountain. No cat knows for sure where it goes. It's pitch black inside.

i n f o

leader;; the head cat in charge. With no way to contact Starclan, the leader cannot receive a star name or nine lives, however, they can still run the clan. Of course, with them all being apprentices, the "leader" role doesn't really mean much. Emberclan is more of a group effort.

nurturer;; a cat who takes care of the kits (do the absence of any queens)

medicine cats;; these are cats who care for other sickly/injured cats. Emberclan has two, as, having no real trained medicine cat, they decided having two cats working together to figure it out would be more effective. These cats must still follow the original medicine cat rules, however, including having no mates or kits.

hunters and border patrol;; not having completed their training, not all the apprentices have learned much in the ways of both hunting and self-defense, and so they've been split up according to what they're better at. This makes the clan run more smoothly and allows the apprentices to focus on what they're better at.

Last edited by duncundog on Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
duncundog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: from the ashes || emberclan v.1 || DO NOT POST

Postby duncundog » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:38 am

r e s e r v e d